Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: The Platonic Permutation

Sorry, show, I'm not buying what you're selling. Shamy was not a normal couple of lovebirds who broke up. It was an arrogant, mean, dismissive, selfish manchild dating a girl with low self-esteem who over the course of a few years had outgrown his bullshit. Sheldon barely tolerated her and kept track of the minutes of their "dates" so as not to have to spend an extra moment with her. She wants to have sex and he's asexual. She's an adult and he's not. This couple has IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES written all over it.

I'm the same way. I honestly was expecting a semi truck to T-bone Amy's car and a Very Special episode next week where everyone gathers at Amy's hospital bedside.

Sheldon was rarely mean or dismissive in regards to Amy... except for the physical intimacy part that was mostly her fault. And having a low self esteem doesn't instantly make everything you do better or in need of improvement. Also, Sheldon is an adult LOL and he is likely demisexual. Try seeing both sides of the coin. (Just a suggestion people, stay calm.)

Preach it, sister! The thought of Sheldon having "coitus" continues to gross me out. For some people, sex is not important/doesn't play a big part in their lives. Sheldon might have come to like the emotional attachment and even the kissing, but it's obvious that in five years of dating, it progressed no further than that.

I groaned when Amy said she wanted to get back together. And while I generally dislike Sheldon, I give him props for reacting the way he did.

I was confused by the Penny and Leonard plot. Were they making Thanksgiving dinner for the gang while everyone else did their own thing first?

I wish Lucy had been developed as a girlfriend for Raj. Emily is awful and has zero chemistry with the rest of the gang. All the others have their quirks; Emily's death fetish doesn't qualify.

I don't like Emily. She was pretty rude on the dinner with Howard and Bernadette, I disliked her argument with Penny, she has no personality and her creepy factor is seriously overplayed.

But I think that Lucy would be better with Stuart. He probably wouldn't be as pushy as Raj. Also, given how terribly lonely Stuart has become since about season four or so, and how severe Lucy's social anxiety was, he would probably understand her (and help her deal with it) better than Raj who just couldn't talk to women unless he was drunk and had encountered a lack of romantic life.

I skip "The Itchy Brain Simulation" because of the scene where Penny gives Lucy a hard time about her break up with Raj and calls her a bad person. Because I know that Lucy breaking up with Raj in person would have probably turned out even worse for both given her problems, and that Penny has done much worse things in her past, and that she must have learned about Lucy's condition by that point, and that Raj was upset over the mere fact that Lucy had broken up with him (which she had every right to do), not about the nature of the break up, and so on and so on... I think I've never disliked Penny like in that episode. But that's for a different thread.

• Love 1

They were definitely bonding over Leonard's "performance" but I didn't get the impression he wasn't succeeding.  It did seem odd though that Leonard, who is usually lacking, to say the least, in the self confidence department, would have been so confident about this when he was talking to Raj.

It wasn't my intention to suggest that he was inadequate, only that he doesn't generally rise above "okay" (the word Penny originally used). I suspect that Penny has lead him to believe he's much better than he really is because she's afraid of hurting his feelings (perhaps her acting lessons didn't go to waste if Leonard was that confident).