Type keyword(s) to search

Is Anything More Noteworthy On Empire Than Anika's Wig?

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

More than anything, I don't care about Lucious's backstory. It'd be way more interesting if he was just an unrepentant asshole, without any kind of tragic childhood to blame for his behaviour.

I just don't get the point.  Lucious is supposed to be a JR style asshole.  I don't remember anyone trying to figure out why we should feel bad for JR because we all hated that dude and his hat.  And the flashbacks come at the strangest times.  If they wanted to explore his backstory I wish they had just done it all at once....in an episode, or over a lunch talking to an old friend or family member.  

• Love 2

Yeah I much prefer it when bad guys are just completely unrepentant, but they have so much charisma and style and occasionally give folks a stay of execution so you know there's a heart in there somewhere. Plus they usually have that one woman that they both love and hate at the same time.

I don't need to know why Lucious is such a jerk - but I can kinda understand. JR typically didn't hate folks for things like homosexuality or mental illness. He hated them because they were a Barnes, lol. You don't need much backstory for that - the whole show was the backstory. It started with Jock and Digger.

• Love 2

More than anything, I don't care about Lucious's backstory. It'd be way more interesting if he was just an unrepentant asshole, without any kind of tragic childhood to blame for his behaviour.

He can have a tragic childhood and be an unrepentant asshole.