Type keyword(s) to search

Hair Care: Tips, Tools, and Talk

• Start Topic

I am a wash and go kind of gal, too.  My hair is fine and thin and started breaking really easily in recent times.  I have switched to Alterna Caviar Cream Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture shampoo and conditioner and am very happy with the results. 

i hate the feel of a lot of products on my hair.  My hair stylist once used some kind of finishing product that I ended up really liking, but there was a long time between cuts and the salon changed product lines, so she couldn't tell me what she used.  I am going to forever be wondering what it was!

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 6:00 PM, PRgal said:

Is anyone here a "wash and go" type person?  My hair is constantly in a ponytail (this is what happens when your life basically revolves around work and the gym) and the only time I even use hairspray/styling products is if I'm getting my hair professionally done.  All I own is shampoo and conditioner (and combs/brush/hair ties/clips)...and a hair dryer.  I've bought hair "CC Cream" before, but I don't end up using it...

I wash (no conditioner), put gel in my hair, comb it and go. I get it cut in the way it generally wants to go. When it is long, I wash it and braid it. I take the braid out the second day.

I shower the night before so I'm kinda wash and go. Only I go to bed. I generally don't do anything the next day, just brush it with maybe a bit of hairspray on the brush. Probably the only time I use my flat iron or instyler is if I know I'll be on film that day (for work sometimes I'm recorded) or if I have an event that day. 

• Love 2

I have waist length hair.  I wash/condition it twice a week in the shower (use whatever's on sale).  Wrap in a towel until it stops dripping, then let it air-dry.  I'm really hair-stupid. The best I can do is braid it for ballgames or put it in a bun for dress-up.  The last time I had it cut/styled was in 1979 when I got a Barbra Streisand poodle perm.  Oy vey... 

My hair is fine, but there was always a lot of it so I never worried.  In the past few years, there seems to be a lot less of it, but not noticeable to other people, only to me.  Which worries me because the thing I never thought I'd have to worry about was my hair.  Fortunately, it seems to have stabilized in the past year, so I'm trying not to worry anymore.  There are enough other things to worry about.  

At the moment, I'm rotating between Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, Suave Coconut and Head & Shoulders.  I keep looking for a nice vanilla scented shampoo or conditioner, but I've yet to find one.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I have waist length hair.  I wash/condition it twice a week in the shower (use whatever's on sale).  Wrap in a towel until it stops dripping, then let it air-dry.  I'm really hair-stupid. The best I can do is braid it for ballgames or put it in a bun for dress-up.  The last time I had it cut/styled was in 1979 when I got a Barbra Streisand poodle perm.  Oy vey... 

My hair is fine, but there was always a lot of it so I never worried.  In the past few years, there seems to be a lot less of it, but not noticeable to other people, only to me.  Which worries me because the thing I never thought I'd have to worry about was my hair.  Fortunately, it seems to have stabilized in the past year, so I'm trying not to worry anymore.  There are enough other things to worry about.  

At the moment, I'm rotating between Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, Suave Coconut and Head & Shoulders.  I keep looking for a nice vanilla scented shampoo or conditioner, but I've yet to find one.

I also have waist length hair, but it is very thick and not fine. I usually wash it twice a week with dry shampoo in between (tinted Batiste is amazing) as a supplement. Blowing out with this brush is a miracle: http://www.ulta.com/rainbow-medium-ionic-thermal-round-brush?productId=xlsImpprod6500847

22 hours ago, ebk57 said:

I have waist length hair.  I wash/condition it twice a week in the shower (use whatever's on sale). [snip]

Maui Moisture is a new drugstore line and its first ingredient is aloe. It's supposed to be very enriching. They have a vanilla bean infused shampoo and conditioner! It's at Walgreens, Target online and instore,  and probably Walmart or whatever. 

• Love 2
On 29/07/2017 at 9:00 AM, PRgal said:

Is anyone here a "wash and go" type person?  My hair is constantly in a ponytail (this is what happens when your life basically revolves around work and the gym) and the only time I even use hairspray/styling products is if I'm getting my hair professionally done.  All I own is shampoo and conditioner (and combs/brush/hair ties/clips)...and a hair dryer.  I've bought hair "CC Cream" before, but I don't end up using it...

Pretty much. I will occasionally use a beach waves spray to play up my hair's natural curl. This adds approximately two minutes to my hair routine. I have my hair in a angled bob, longer in the front with a significant undercut (my hair is thick) and I either wear it pinned half up or down.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2017 at 10:07 AM, Jac said:

Pretty much. I will occasionally use a beach waves spray to play up my hair's natural curl. This adds approximately two minutes to my hair routine. I have my hair in a angled bob, longer in the front with a significant undercut (my hair is thick) and I either wear it pinned half up or down.

*whispers* you have my hair. Hi hair twin! :) 

• Love 1

Does anyone color their hair at home? I've had mine colored at the salon for years, but as I've gone increasingly grey (sigh) I'm needing to go more and more often. Even every six weeks is stretching it a bit if I truly want to hide all the grey. At $130 a pop I just can't continue. My hair is naturally a dark blonde and my stylist said I'm now at close to 50% grey. I've had trouble with it looking brassy of late and I don't like that at all.  I'm pale and cool toned so I know I need to stay away from golden, warm shades. The info I've been reading online suggests ash and/or violet blondes. Someone suggested Madison Reed to me and my mom used Nice 'n Easy for years. I'm not sure where to begin and I'm a little worried I'll screw it up. Any suggestions, advice, or opinions would be much appreciated! 

• Love 1

Have you tried a blonde shampoo like Kevin Murphy's Blonde Angel? It's a purple shampoo that takes away the brassiness. Not cheap - I think the shampoo is $29 CAD and the treatment is $39 CAD, but lasts a loooooong time as you use it once a week. You can probably also find a drugstore version.

Used to colour my hair at home but stopped after a while. Didn't like doing it.  I think I pay $85 for colour - not cheap either. I have white in my hair. I suppose that someday I will let it go natural but not just yet.  I get away with 7-8 weeks now, even though I should go more often. Did use Nice 'n Easy and some L'Oréal stuff. Or go to Sallys and see what sort of professional stuff you can buy.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2017 at 11:27 PM, ramble said:

Does anyone color their hair at home? I've had mine colored at the salon for years, but as I've gone increasingly grey (sigh) I'm needing to go more and more often. Even every six weeks is stretching it a bit if I truly want to hide all the grey. At $130 a pop I just can't continue. My hair is naturally a dark blonde and my stylist said I'm now at close to 50% grey. I've had trouble with it looking brassy of late and I don't like that at all.  I'm pale and cool toned so I know I need to stay away from golden, warm shades. The info I've been reading online suggests ash and/or violet blondes. Someone suggested Madison Reed to me and my mom used Nice 'n Easy for years. I'm not sure where to begin and I'm a little worried I'll screw it up. Any suggestions, advice, or opinions would be much appreciated! 

Just saw your post from August.  Are you still coloring at home? I used to do my roots at home and just go to colorist for highlights.  He told me that I did a really good job too!  Still, I returned to the professionals for both now.  I switched to a less expensive stylist. I think she's almost as good as my previous one. She's substantially less expensive. 

When I did do my color at home, I was careful to only cover my roots and not all the hair.  It's tricky and I wasn't perfect, but, you get better with practice and it's good if  you have a friend to help check the back for spots you might have missed.  I used regular Clariol permanent color, light blonde. I never had any problems, but, after doing that a couple of years, I felt I was pushing my luck and quit while I was ahead.  

Has anyone tried these hair products called VolaireKristin Davis, from Sex In The City has an infomercial for it.  It's supposed to add VOLUME and really make your hair look great.  I'm not sure if I buy it.  It's not too pricey, so, I'm thinking of giving it a shot.  I wish I knew if it really works.  I have a lot of hair, but, it's fine and straight.  I need more body and lift. 

https://volaire.com/j2/index?sid=DGSHOPD1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_9fx87nw1gIViVuGCh3ZkwqXEAQYASABEgKSmPD_BwE

• Love 1

I tried Madison Reed after a recommendation from a friend & was disappointed. No grey coverage. Seriously, none. The grey hairs may have been lighter grey, but it was still decidedly grey. It didn’t smell bad, which is one of their claims, but who cares if it doesn’t work, and it costs more than drug store brands. 

So I’m moving on in my attempts. Another friend suggested L’Oreal’s Old Age People hair color. Okay, that’s not the name but it’s something about “mature” hair. That’s my next try. Crossing my fingers because I’m tired of the grey but I can’t pay the salon fees anymore. 

@SunnyBeBe I’ve never heard of Volaire. I have curly hair so lift isn’t really an issue for me. It sounds interesting though. 

After a couple of years of hair loss, I've shed a lot of it and I don't think it's coming back. My best guess is traction alopecia but I've stopped tying my hair up for the most part (maybe a gym day once in a while) and I still have a lot of dryness and oilyness in my scalp as well as irritated bumps and spots. I tried different shampoos that helped a little but no big improvement. I'm using a tea tree one now. I thought it was a mild success at first though my hair missed having conditioner (and probably some of those chemicals for softening/shine) but I think it's been a bust. Aside from that, my favorite dry shampoo is from Living Proof. It does have a white cast on my black hair and it never fully blends in (so I use it on emergency days) but unlike Batiste and the other ones I've tried, it actually does make my hair look cleaner and take down the oil on days in between washes. 

30 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

After a couple of years of hair loss, I've shed a lot of it and I don't think it's coming back. My best guess is traction alopecia but I've stopped tying my hair up for the most part (maybe a gym day once in a while) and I still have a lot of dryness and oilyness in my scalp as well as irritated bumps and spots. I tried different shampoos that helped a little but no big improvement. I'm using a tea tree one now. I thought it was a mild success at first though my hair missed having conditioner (and probably some of those chemicals for softening/shine) but I think it's been a bust. Aside from that, my favorite dry shampoo is from Living Proof. It does have a white cast on my black hair and it never fully blends in (so I use it on emergency days) but unlike Batiste and the other ones I've tried, it actually does make my hair look cleaner and take down the oil on days in between washes. 

I quick search online leads me to think this might not currently be available (which would be a shame), but a couple of years ago I had some bumpy, irritated spots on my scalp, and the one thing that really helped was L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Scalp Relief Leave-In Treatment, which has salicylic acid. It's a viscous liquid that you apply to irritated skin on your scalp after shampooing, and I found it very effective.

I think I'll try the Alterna Cavier Cream that Scatterbrain listed upthread. My ends have gotten a little dry looking.  I've never had that happen, even though I get highlights. I did return to my old colorist recently and I'm happy about that. He gave me a good trim and just did my roots.   He just said it's the season that caused it.  I'm using a good conditioner EVERY time I shampoo and it's helping some.  I also got some Frizzease, but, am not too impressed.  My hair is fine and straight.  I've never had a frizz problem before.  I'm wanting my ends to look really sharp with my straight edged cut. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 7/30/2017 at 8:36 PM, Petunia13 said:

Maui Moisture is a new drugstore line and its first ingredient is aloe. It's supposed to be very enriching. They have a vanilla bean infused shampoo and conditioner! It's at Walgreens, Target online and instore,  and probably Walmart or whatever. 

I never came back to thank you for this recommendation.  So...thanks!!!  Love the stuff - it smells wonderful and works as well as anything else on my hair.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think I'll try the Alterna Cavier Cream that Scatterbrain listed upthread. My ends have gotten a little dry looking.  I've never had that happen, even though I get highlights. I did return to my old colorist recently and I'm happy about that. He gave me a good trim and just did my roots.   He just said it's the season that caused it.  I'm using a good conditioner EVERY time I shampoo and it's helping some.  I also got some Frizzease, but, am not too impressed.  My hair is fine and straight.  I've never had a frizz problem before.  I'm wanting my ends to look really sharp with my straight edged cut. 

I switched to all Alterna products for my color treated hair and it has made a positive difference. I really like the Caviar Smoothing Hydra-Gelee Nourishing Hair Protector for fighting the fuzzies. 

• Love 1

Damn it!  I stay out of the Beauty Topic* for a reason but now I probably have to go buy some of this Alterna product.  I may go the QVC route and try a kit so I get a variety of products.  It doesn't have the CC cream though.

*and stores like ULTA.

25 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

Damn it!  I stay out of the Beauty Topic* for a reason but now I probably have to go buy some of this Alterna product.  I may go the QVC route and try a kit so I get a variety of products.  It doesn't have the CC cream though.

*and stores like ULTA.

The CC cream is my least favorite of the products I tried. It's fine, but nothing special - and it's a small tube for the price. I don't think I'll repurchase when I run out. 

• Love 1

I'll be the lone Alterna voice of dissent, lol! I tried the Alterna Caviar shampoo and conditioner and did not like them. I have fine, slightly wavy hair and they left a weird film on my hair. I did love the smell, which is probably why I tried using it several more times, but the weird film was there every time. Kristin Ess products do the same thing, oddly.

You’re not the lone voice @emma675! I tried several Alterna products as well and none of them did much for me, especially not for the price. I was quite disappointed. I have been enjoying the Maui Moisture products I’ve tried though. 

• Love 2

Hmm......now, I'm not sure what to do.  I guess, I can just try to get small bottles and try them all.  If it has a film....IDk.  I suppose that if your hair is really damaged, it needs it.  My hair does look much better since I got the trim AND I am using a Clarol conditioner that is for color treated hair. It says use once a month, but, I'm using every time I shampoo.  And then the Frizzease......maybe, it's doing better than I thought initially.  I still think I can do better though.  

I suspect that the color that I was getting from the new stylist was not the kind I used to get from my older one.  He colored my hair for many years and I never had any issues.  I would touch up my own roots in between and that worked well too.  Then, I started with someone new for about a year and I have damaged hair.......hmmm........I think I have to continue now with my original guy.  Trouble is that he is a Master stylist and very expensive. 

40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Trouble is that he is a Master stylist and very expensive. 

If you've used him for years, just explain the cost is a factor for you (although you are happy for him), but could he recommend someone who he has confidence in.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

If you've used him for years, just explain the cost is a factor for you (although you are happy for him), but could he recommend someone who he has confidence in.

That's a thought.  I'm trying to envision him doing that......lol  Hmmm......the salon that he's in might have a policy about it. Not sure.  I don't know what the other stylists charge, but, they are probably super expensive too. lol  But, certainly, less than him. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I know it feels awkward, but it really is a matter of mathematics.  And he might know someone who is in another salon who he thinks highly of so it wouldn't be within the same salon (it doesn't sound like you are going there anyway).

I certainly don't think he would begrudge you asking, especially if it is worded so that it is clear you aren't angling for a discount.

You could probably speak to him about a color that required less maintenance like balayage. So that you spend the same but visit half as often. This is really common where I live that people instead of all over color get natural highlights and visit only every few months. Or do the base in an amped up but close to their natural shade and then the rest slightly lighter or bright so if you get roots it's not as jarring. I do a base in a shade a touch darker than my own and the top lighter in a slight ombré. I think when people have their hair more than one shade it gives an illusion of thickness and movement. 

23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hmm......now, I'm not sure what to do.  I guess, I can just try to get small bottles and try them all.  If it has a film....IDk.  I suppose that if your hair is really damaged, it needs it. 

I had severely damaged hair -- like, to the point of falling out of my head not that long ago -- and I credit the Alterna Caviar shampoo and conditioner for bringing my hair back to life. I also am a big fan of the CC cream but, with thin hair, a little goes a long way. I tried their shine spray and made the mistake of spraying it directly on my hair so I looked like I'd been bathing in bacon grease for the rest of the day. I learned to spray it on my palms and then pat them on my hair. It's a good product but I doubt I'll repurchase it for the price. 

Sephora used to carry a mini kit with the shampoo, conditioner, CC cream and the gel (which is pretty good, too) but it seems they've discontinued it in favor of this mini kit. It does have the shampoo and conditioner along with the hair spray and overnight rescue cream (that I haven't tried). It's also $10 more than the old kit! Rude. 

Any suggestions for co-washes/cleansing conditioners for straight, fine, untreated hair? ALMOST EVERYTHING available seems to be for coarse and/or treated hair and Briogeo's quinoa and avocado wash is the ONLY ONE out there.  Herbal Essences used to have something, but it's since been discontinued (at least in Canada).

Thanks! 

• Love 1

@PRgal - I read some time ago that a lot of the 2-in-1 products were being rebranded so you might need to look for shampoos that say hydrating or moisturizing.  I did a quick google search on an Herbal Essence 2-in-1 (Hello Hydration Moisturizing 2-in-1 that seems to be still available in the US) and compared the ingredient list against their same Hydrating shampoo (Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo).  There was only one ingredient difference - Ammonium Laureth Sulfate.  All the other ingredients were the same and listed in the same order.

I'd probably go with whatever shampoo you like the best, look for moisturizing or hydrating buzzwords.  If you still feel underconditioned, try a leave in conditioner (I always have Neutrogena Leave In conditioner on hand).  Just use it sparingly so you don't get too much build up.

A question for the Maui Moisture fans. Priceline (which in Australia are a pharmacy chain for clarification) have started stocking it and I wanna try. I’m using CPR’s Frizzy range right now and I’m not 100% happy, sometimes it leaves a film on my hair which I don’t like at all. My question is does anyone using it have coarse, wavy/curly, treated hair? If so which formula are you using (a bottle of shampoo and conditioner will be $AU40, comparable to the CPR so I want to make sure I’m getting the best formula for my hair).

In case anyone was wondering about doing that Keratin straightening process to their hair, I did it about three weeks ago and I cannot extol its virtues enough—especially now in the summer. I have fine hair—lots of it, but just fine. But it's got a curl to it and not in any good way. In the summer, no matter how well I blow dry my hair or even with a professional blow dry, in the slightest bit of humidity, it'd get frizzy and start to puff out and look ridiculous. But yesterday, it was super humid here and raining and my hair, with minimal to no effort at blow drying, looked salon perfect—and I was outside at a party for about three hours. It's amazing. I even said to my hairdresser as she was doing it that I felt like I was wasting my money because I could never see how anything would ever help my hair. So glad I was wrong.

It does stink when they're applying the stuff—and I should have brought a surgical mask with me. The fumes were HORRIBLE. It took a good two weeks for the smell to completely leave my hair—and even now I think I can still get a whiff. It's expensive (about $300) but is supposed to last for like three-four months? Worth every penny to me though.

I need help: for the life of me I cannot put my hair into a bun (or really any sort of up-do). It's me, not my hair. I've bought bun helpers, watched YouTube and get myself tangled up.

Can someone ELIF (explain it like I'm 5)? My hair is med-long and I'd love to take advantage of the 'messy bun' style.

I need help: for the life of me I cannot put my hair into a bun (or really any sort of up-do). It's me, not my hair. I've bought bun helpers, watched YouTube and get myself tangled up.

Can someone ELIF (explain it like I'm 5)? My hair is med-long and I'd love to take advantage of the 'messy bun' style.

Not the same issue but I couldn't put up my hair for years without the help of a hairstylist, hairspray, and a buttload of pins (e.g. flower girl duties). My hair was just slippery and did NOT like being styled. I now have one method for putting my hair up and one for curling it on a rare occasion. For curling it I use a special iron (on vacation so I don't know the name offhand) that gets very hot. It's worth it because it actually helps my hair hold a curl. For keeping it up without a million bobby pins, I like the goody spin pins. They're also great if you like a messy bun but be careful if you've got a lot of dramatic layers because there will be pieces sticking out all over the place. With the spin pins you can either...

1. Pretend you're making a ponytail but instead of tying your hair when you gather it, start to twist it. When you reach the end, coil it up into a bun shape like a cinnamon roll. Make sure it's tight so it doesn't come out but not so tight that it hurts. Then grab one spin pin and twist it into the bun, making sure to grab some of the hair not in the bun so there's something for the bun to grab onto. Then grab the other spin pin and twist it in so together the two pins make an "X".

2. This is just an updo. Tie your hair in a loose ponytail. Right above the ponytail, pull the tie down a little and loosen up the hair. Twist the hair below the tie until you reach the end. Now shove that twisted hair into the pocket you made above the tie. Twist in the spin pins. Play with hair to get the effect you want. 

I can't explain very well how to do a bun, but you might start by trying while lying on your bed with your neck hanging over the end.  All your hair will be cascading down through the wonders of gravity and you can figure out how high on your head you want your bun to be centered.  This is how I learned how to french braid my own hair.  Only do this part when securing the pony tail.  Do the rest standing up.  Unless you are trying to teach yourself how to french braid.

I usually cut off the top of a knee-high to use as a hair tie.  Less damaging to the hair and as the elastic gets stretched out, I find that some are the perfect level of slack for different uses.

If you start with a super tight ponytail, you won't get the mussed look you are looking for, but you often don't achieve that look "right" away anyway.  A few good tools to have on hand - some sea salt spray for your bangs and the outer layers of your hair (just near the scalp) where you are looking for the tousled look) and a wide tooth comb or a pick for some selective mussing

Method 1: (for shorter hair)

Once I have the hair positioned where I want the bun centered, I make a ponytail there.  Depending on how tense the hair tie is, I pull our enough hair from one side* (to act as a cover for the hair tie. Pin or clip this towards your face) after the first or second twist of the tie.

Pull remaining hair through hair tie one or two more times, but do not pull ends though hair tie the last time.  This should make a loose bun secured by the hair tie.

Unclip segregated hair and pull back to wrap around base of bun to cover hair tie.

Method 2: (for longer hair)

Once I have the hair positioned where I want the bun centered, I make a ponytail there. 

Take ponytail and smooth, twist slightly.

Wrap hair around hair tie/pony tail center.  As you get to the end, tuck it under, and secure ends with hairpins.

* You want to pull the hair from the opposite side where you are twisting the hair tie.

Edited by DeLurker
6 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Which bun helpers have you used? I couldn't put my hair into a bun either. My hair is slippery and very straight. I couldn't get a good bun until I discovered hair screws. Goody makes good ones called Spin Pins; I usually need three as I have long hair. 

Good luck!

42 minutes ago, Athena said:

Which bun helpers have you used? I couldn't put my hair into a bun either. My hair is slippery and very straight. I couldn't get a good bun until I discovered hair screws. Goody makes good ones called Spin Pins; I usually need three as I have long hair. 

Good luck!

I tried spin pins and could not get the hang of them. Also tried this https://www.ulta.com/large-brown-bun-styler?productId=xlsImpprod17771865

@theredhead77 I would give the spin pins another shot. It took me a while to get the hang of them but they're super convenient. Maybe twist a little tighter. Or try it with wet hair. They're amazing when I need to go out and I've only just taken a shower. I look like a fancy lady and not a noodle who refuses to blow dry her hair. 

1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

I will try them again - but at this point I can't even get the mechanics of the bun twist down. My hands are not doing what the internet tells them to.

Yeah it took me awhile too. I found I really had to twist them in very close to my roots. When you spin them in, they can feel like it tugs your hair, but it shouldn't hurt your hair when they are in or you won't be able to notice them. As I mentioned, I need three pins for a solid bun and the placement requires practice depending on your hair layers and texture.

Does anyone here have hair extensions?

Long story short, my thyroid medication got totally screwed up this summer, I went completely hypothyroid and I lost almost half of my hair because of it. My meds are correct now and my levels are back to normal, but it always takes months and months for it to grow back in.

I was thinking of getting hair extensions for volume until it has grown back in. I've never had them before, though, so I wasn't sure about the upkeep or if I could continue to get my hair colored with them.

Edited by emma675d

I've been using a combination of Lush Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar and Shea Moisture raw shea butter conditioner and it has made my hair more soft, silky, and tangle-free than it's possibly ever been. I use the shampoo bar about every three days and co-wash with the conditioner otherwise. I also dry my hair with a cotton pillowcase instead of a towel. There are basically no tangles when I comb it after sleeping on it. It was really dry and tangled before I started using the conditioner a week and a half ago, so it's a really big change. I have type 1c hair, low porosity, the hair strands themselves are thin but the amount of hair is a lot. I still would love to find a plastic-free conditioner option though such as a conditioner bar, but I haven't found one that works for me yet.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave

Being a Hair Stylist I work with many types of hair and I would recommend  different treatments for literally each individual I style, cut,and color their hair. As for myself I am probably one of the worst examples of hair care anyone should follow as I have colored my hair and bleached my hair too many times to count. I somehow still don't have hair that is very thin and falling out as I do keep it well moisturized as I feel that is extremely important especially with the daily treatment I give my hair. As for those with thin fine hair I would recommend a subtle shampoo and conditioner. Something such as Tea Tree Shampoo and Pastel Blue Conditioners. As for the thicker hair I would recommend Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo.

Does anyone here one of those outrageously-priced Dyson hair dryers? I admit, I have been looking at it for some time, but I just cannot justify the cost. (I do know some places are now accepting Afterpay and such, hence this question.)

If you have it, do you like it or not? What are its positive and negative traits? In short, would you recommend it?

Thanks to anyone that responds.

12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Does anyone here one of those outrageously-priced Dyson hair dryers? I admit, I have been looking at it for some time, but I just cannot justify the cost. (I do know some places are now accepting Afterpay and such, hence this question.)

I don't but the last time I visited my stylist he used one to dry my hair. The stylist next to him made fun of it -- saying it was way overpriced and no different or better than any other salon-quality hair dryer. It made absolutely no difference in how my hair turned out or how quickly it dried vs other dryers. 

IMO, it's not worth the investment. 

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I don't but the last time I visited my stylist he used one to dry my hair. The stylist next to him made fun of it -- saying it was way overpriced and no different or better than any other salon-quality hair dryer. It made absolutely no difference in how my hair turned out or how quickly it dried vs other dryers. 

IMO, it's not worth the investment. 

Thank you!