Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Ghost Stories

so many things were telegraphed and obvious but damn if it wasn't hilarious.  

WHO IS THE GIRL RED DEVIL?!?!?!?!

I have no Damn idea who is the Girl Red Devil. Is that Grace they showed in the promo for next week with a Red Devil? I hope she's not the one

I was shocked that Chanel fucking Killed Hester! WOW. I totally figured that Boone would die for real. I totally thought Zayday was doomed when Grace was saying how glad she was one of them wasn't dead and we know Grace is one of the two leads(Along with Chanel 1). Poor Zayday's boyfriend(his name escapes me).

Not counting Hester as dead yet.   Kind of surprised Gigi made it another week.    Funny episode,  even with some filler and some repeat of info it seemed to move the story along.  Finally some good stuff for Hester, Chad and Denise all  in the same episode and not too much Grace.

Biggest mystery now is why Lucien Laviscount aka Earl Grey was a regular.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Not counting Hester as dead yet.   Kind of surprised Gigi made it another week.    Funny episode,  even with some filler and some repeat of info it seemed to move the story along.  Finally some good stuff for Hester, Chad and Denise all  in the same episode and not too much Grace.

Hester's neck snapped though. She's likely dead

• Love 1

Possibly. My captions did say Neck Snaps. Personally I hope she did. Some bigger characters needed to be offed

Or the neck brace snapped.  :O  It was kind of convenient she just started wearing it again.  I just think there is more to Hester's involvement in the whole show then just a random kill after bothering Chanel for a while.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 6

The best part of the episode for me was Denise dramatically saying "The. End." after each ghost story. Cracked me up every time.

And I don't buy for one second that Hester is dead.

I'm wondering if they're going to pull a Sleepaway Camp on us and have one of the guys (Where was Pete this whole episode?) have actually been born the girl. It seemed like all the main girls were accounted for in this episode, no?

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 4

I totally thought Hester was the girl killer, if indeed there is a girl killer. But they've been very careful with the language in every conversation involving Boone and Gigi and whoever the other Red Devil is. They've kept it all gender-neutral. I just don't know. Can't wait for next week!

And I don't think Hester's really dead either.

Edited by Hollyhox
  • Love 1

Remember, Sam (the lesbian) knew the killer when the she asked the Red Devil to remove the mask. So by deduction, it is likely a Kappa sorority girl.

Grace is out because she is not the bathtub baby (unless her Dad lied about that too)

Zayday is out because I'm pretty sure Boone won't have the hots for his sister (not saying Ryan Murphy won't use incest as a plot device...but why would Boone try to woo his sister if they're in cahoots?)

Denise is out because she's too old. Plus she's definitely no bathtub baby.

Jennifer is dead, as is Chanel # 2 and Sam so naturally they're not it.

That really leaves Chanel, Chanel #3, Chanel #5 and Hester.

It's too obvious if it's Chanel...so my money's on Hester (I do not believe that she's dead. Plus Lea Michele is one of Ryan Murphy's favourites, so he won't kill her. Plus there are candida of Lea filming past this episode. So no, Hester is not dead).

Edited by MH319

I was kinda bummed that they had Boone "pretend" he was gay. Like, maybe that's how it was written the whole time! But I'm cynical and jaded and can't help but feel like someone on Team Jonas was like, "Um, no, he can only be gay on one TV show at a time. Here are more shirtless pics, though."

Grace is vanilla as eff but she's the only decent person on this show. I feel like RM is doing to Chanel Oberlin what he did to Fiona Goode: Starts out super bitchy, has moments of moral character, and then ends up still being a total bitch and we stop rooting for her anymore.

I get the boy has dazzling good looks, but his credits placement alone made me think he was the killer all along. Candle Girl and Sam weren't regulars and they had arguably more screentime, and Niecy Nash is still a "Special Guest Star". That being said, there are always weird show biz shenanigans that I don't get. Mark Consuelos was a regular on "American Horror: Asylum" despite limited screentime and being killed off halfway through, and Angela Bassett was always a Special Guest Star on American Horror Story: Coven.

I was kinda bummed that they had Boone "pretend" he was gay. Like, maybe that's how it was written the whole time! But I'm cynical and jaded and can't help but feel like someone on Team Jonas was like, "Um, no, he can only be gay on one TV show at a time. Here are more shirtless pics, though."

Part of me feels like I should be annoyed that they made the only gay male character a straight guy... On the other hand I find Boone too hilarious to care that much. Poor Dead Boone.

• Love 1

Grace is vanilla as eff but she's the only decent person on this show. I feel like RM is doing to Chanel Oberlin what he did to Fiona Goode: Starts out super bitchy, has moments of moral character, and then ends up still being a total bitch and we stop rooting for her anymore.

I get the boy has dazzling good looks, but his credits placement alone made me think he was the killer all along. Candle Girl and Sam weren't regulars and they had arguably more screentime, and Niecy Nash is still a "Special Guest Star". That being said, there are always weird show biz shenanigans that I don't get. Mark Consuelos was a regular on "American Horror: Asylum" despite limited screentime and being killed off halfway through, and Angela Bassett was always a Special Guest Star on American Horror Story: Coven.

I think Neicy Nash is not a regular here because of other commitments like to the show Getting On.

I think Boone pretending to be gay was so the audience wouldn't suspect that he was the Red Devil who was romancing Zayday.  They probably expected the audience to believe there were two male Red Devils so the reveal of the sister would be a bit of a surprise. That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Edited by Josette
  • Love 2

The best part of the episode for me was Denise dramatically saying "The. End." after each ghost story. Cracked me up every time.

And I don't buy for one second that Hester is dead.

I'm wondering if they're going to pull a Sleepaway Camp on us and have one of the guys (Where was Pete this whole episode?) have actually been born the girl. It seemed like all the main girls were accounted for in this episode, no?

This show does a lot of homages to horror films I could see them doing an homage to Sleepaway camp that way. Maybe Pete used to be a lady? I do think one of the killers is someone Grace cares about

• Love 1

That really leaves Chanel, Chanel #3, Chanel #5 and Hester.

It's too obvious if it's Chanel...so my money's on Hester (I do not believe that she's dead. Plus Lea Michele is one of Ryan Murphy's favourites, so he won't kill her. Plus there are candida of Lea filming past this episode. So no, Hester is not dead).

I agree that by logic, it's likely one of the above. I could be wrong, but the attempted back seat murder of Chanel #5 as she tried to flee points to one of the Chanels. They were all just in a room together listening to Hester tell that story, and then it almost happens to #5? I guess the red devil could have been listening at the door, but the evidence points to someone in the room.

I don't think we're finished with Hester yet, either. I could definitely see her being the girl red devil, but it's still a mystery.

Because he has powerful arms and a hot accent?  Better reason than the no-talent, charisma-free, non-entities that play Grace and Pete.

And I did enjoy the reveal that Gigi was Antonin Scalia!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2

Wasn't Hester accounted for when the murder of Boone was committed, though? I may be remembering wrong, but I thought she was somewhere else when it was going on (with Chad or at the Kappa house) - something made me think she was definitely excluded as the third devil. Even though it would have been a perfect fit because of her death obsession, outsider complex...and she really even looks like she could be related to Boone. Ryan Murphy shows are really bad with continuity and character development, so I can see any of the remaining kids turning on a dime to be the third killer. But one of the remaining players would have to be able to be at the meeting with Boone and GiGi, and the only one I can think of with the opportunity is Pete. Or maybe Grace's dad.    

Edited by RedInk

I'm with you Redlink.  I thought everyone at Kappa House was excluded (all the Chanels including Hester; Denise, Grace and Zayday) as the 3rd Red Devil.  Which leaves Pete and Grace's father.  But I can't believe Grace's father is involved because he and Gigi have had scenes with only each other and they have never talked about revenge, red devils or Antonin Scalia, so my money's on Pete.

I'm still thinking the girl red devil could be the Chanel (#4?) that "died" of meningitis (mentioned briefly), or the old president maybe?  Seeking revenge on Kappa and Chanel #1.

I'm thinking:

Hester

Meningitis Chanel

Old Pres

Chanel #1 

and Pete

are all possible suspects for Red Devil Girl (?)

I think it was the brace. I'm still leaning towards Hester being the second red devil. I think she looks enough like Boone that I could believe that they were siblings. I would be suprised (and sad) if she was actually dead.

• Love 2

To me the reveal that Boone was only pretending to be gay was fairly silly.  I don't understand why that would have been necessary plot wise, and everyone loved the scenes with him and Chad in the premiere.  Why invalidate that?

And him putting on that fake "uber-gay" voice in that scene this episode just rubbed me the wrong way.

Edited by Atony
  • Love 1

To me the reveal that Boone was only pretending to be gay was fairly silly.  I don't understand why that would have been necessary plot wise, and everyone loved the scenes with him and Chad in the premiere.  Why invalidate that?

I cry foul on that as well. I don't know what practical purpose it would serve Boone to pretend he's gay if he's supposed to be infiltrating a fraternity. Plus Chad said he tried to touch his wiener. Talk about method acting.

I can only think the show had Boone say he was gay to throw off the idea he was the RD who kidnapped Zayday. Now that of course does not explain why he would pretend to be gay in the first place.

I hope Hester is really dead but I wouldn't put it past this show for her to not be. Also, yes, the Red Girl Devil if still a girl in adulthood is a tall woman. Chanel # 1 is not that tall, nor is Hester. So those two are out. Unless they are wearing super duper tall high heels, but, yeah.

The second red devil is pretty tall. Who's the tallest girl left? (And why the hell was she sitting in a hotel room, where only her accomplices would be, in that tight, heavy costume and mask?)

Of the women in the cast JLC is the tallest. Of the Kappa girls it's Chanel No 3 I believe

I hope Hester is really dead but I wouldn't put it past this show for her to not be. Also, yes, the Red Girl Devil if still a girl in adulthood is a tall woman. Chanel # 1 is not that tall, nor is Hester. So those two are out. Unless they are wearing super duper tall high heels, but, yeah.

Yeah I want Hester to be dead so finally a big cast member was offed

Honestly I think that it is the old president. Boone talked about the great lengths he went to to pretend to be dead and learn to slow his breathing- perhaps they trained old president to pretend die too. Plus there is a parallel between the red devil standing over the dead president and the red devil standing over dead Boone. PLUS when Gigi commended the girl devil on her commitment to the cause, I wonder if she was also talking about her commitment to "stay dead", unlike Boone.

That's my guess anyway!

• Love 2

Honestly I think that it is the old president. Boone talked about the great lengths he went to to pretend to be dead and learn to slow his breathing- perhaps they trained old president to pretend die too. Plus there is a parallel between the red devil standing over the dead president and the red devil standing over dead Boone. PLUS when Gigi commended the girl devil on her commitment to the cause, I wonder if she was also talking about her commitment to "stay dead", unlike Boone.

That's my guess anyway!

I've seen speculation on this from others.

I just think it would be a cop out if its not a main player.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

I kept thinking that as well. Ryan Murphy has had a transgender character pretty much on every show he's done.

• Love 2

Only Chad would think Boone's explanation made complete and total sense.

Oh Chad. You need to make the rounds of inane TV shows; you would instantly improve them 1000%.

He would, same with Denise.  Both are fun characters for me.

• Love 6

My love for Chad grows. When he was packing I cannot remember exactly what he said but something along the lines of taking a class about the packing arts or something ridiculous like that. He is so nuts, love his weird ass character!

Chad: Packing matters to me.  That's why I chose to minor in Luggage Sciences with an emphasis in Packing Theory.

• Love 9

My love for Chad grows. When he was packing I cannot remember exactly what he said but something along the lines of taking a class about the packing arts or something ridiculous like that. He is so nuts, love his weird ass character!

Oh crap. Is Chad the long lost son/brother of Mary Cherry?!

• Love 5

I want a Chad and Denise spinoff where they travel the country packing luggage and packing heat! She could be the crime fighting hero, he the stay at home boy toy.

I love those two characters even more than I hate Grace and...that guy she hands with whose name I can't think of and don't really care about. Wait, is it Pete? Whatever.

If the other Red Devil is Boone's sister I go with Hester. That would be great casting because they do resemble each other nicely. Oh, Boone can be on the Chad and Denise show too as Chad's ghost/imaginary friend who everyone else can see because he's a) not dead and b) real, but don't try to tell Chad that because he understands the way of the ghosts now.

• Love 5

I think Hester is alive and at Thanksgiving will show up pretending to be the ghost that Chanel told the girls about from the Radwell's past.

Hester now seems to be to likely now to be the RD/twin so I expect a twist. I think Hester is more then just a random pledge to the story though.

Edited by pete
  • Love 1