Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Space

Love blossoms between Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan; Russian cosmonauts make the first spacewalk; Wernher von Braun becomes a pioneer in rocket science.

Featuring: Paul Scheer as Carl Sagan, Chelsea Peretti as Ann Druyan, Nathan Fillion as Werner von Braun, Mark Gagliardi as JFK, Adam Devine as Pavel Belyayev, and Blake Anderson as Alexey Leonov.

Retellers: Holly Laurent on "Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan"; Matt Gourley on "Wernher von Braun"; and Kyle Kinane on "The First Spacewalk."

I must be too tired to watch this live because I fell asleep several times and I am a space nerd.  The stories and the narrators just didn't have enough spark to keep me awake I guess.  I'll try again later today with a cup or 2 of caffeine in me.

Is Derek usually so prominent in all 3 stories?  I know he pops up in most stories, but looked like he had a lot more screen time (at least when my eyes were open).

How funny - I thought this episode was really interesting. I understand intellectually that space is a fascinating topic, but personally I could never get into it; the whole business just bored me to tears. (I even grew up just outside of DC and maybe went to the Air and Space museum once or twice, while I visited the rest of the Smithsonian regularly.) Of course,the stories featured were largely about people and less about outer space itself, but I found it all quite riveting.

I heard an interview with Derek, and he said he generally filled in when another actor dropped out for whatever reason.

Edited by scootypuffjr
  • Love 2

I thought the second story was the best. It had everything; Nathan Fillion, 'World War Two Really Hit The Fan', throwing candy, an actual rocket followed by the exact fines they would get if they were caught FOLLOWED by agreeing to eat a cheeseburger in the name of space, BLACK HITLER.

• Love 5

I didn't think the narrators were so good, especially since there's been space stories before. I did like Paul Scheer and Chelsea Peretti, but I think they should have had a better narrator considering the real history. I mean, you're talking about information still out there. I don't think they captured the "cosmos" of it. This is a real disservise to Sagan, imo.