Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E12: Trios Night

• Start Topic

I’m so tired of Bindi and her enthusiasm and the judges constant praise. Someone else said it a while back … she’s like Alec Baldwin’s character from Friends … “like Santa Clause, on Prozac, at Disneyland, getting laid”. Click!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks she it too much.  I have not liked her from day one because of this.

• Love 2

I found it the teensiest bit tiresome that the show paired Val and Jenna, if the rumours about them seeing each other are not true. If true (I have been thinking they were not true) then they're open season.

I hated it when Sharna called Peta "family" - I felt like a code word was being delivered to the faithful.

I've agreed with many here who aren't huge fans of having contemporary and jazz on the show. Further than that, I really don't think they should use those styles this late in the game. Considering how those styles are overscored, it seems unfair for some couples to have one less ballroom dance than the others when it matters so much.

Edited by VMepicgrl
  • Love 5

While I enjoyed the Val and Jenna pairing, I kept thinking how much cleaner the technique if Karina was dancing instead. Call me crazy but Karina still blows all the young ones away, she gives a master class every time.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 4

I found it the teensiest bit tiresome that the show paired Val and Jenna, if the rumours about them seeing each other are not true. If true (I have been thinking they were not true) then they're open season.

Val is now no longer a competitor for the mirrorball so he wants to make that bumper memorable, just as he did in seasons past with Peta. Open that shirt, flirt with your partner, get the audience to talk about you. Good or bad, it's publicity. My sense is that they are good friends who know how to milk it for the camera. After all Sway and DWTS tour  is coming soon and they have dance studios to run.  If some with imaginations want to make more of it, the better for Val.  He learned well from his brother.  I'm not knocking it, people love it  for what it is. What all his ballroom titles prepared him for, it's bumpers like this. All eyes on the couple. It was great fun.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2

who the hell is voting for Carlos?

Me. And Carlos has his share of fans due to the Big Time Rush fanbase.

I came into this season as a big BSB fan rooting for Nick. But as we've seen happen often on this show, surprises happen.  I've been completely underwhelmed by Nick.  I can think of only 2 dances that I really enjoyed and even those dances I wouldnt put in the category of some of the really fantastic, standout dances we've seen from winners in other seasons. IMO he's messed up more than turned in standout dances. While Carlos I've found more entertaining and overall find his dancing more enjoyable. I also really like Witney so I'me pleased to throw votes to her. Last year Noah beat Nastia, so I have no problem believing Alek (who I believe may have a similar fanbase to) is pulling in more votes than some may think he is. 

Peta and Sharna are also widely agreed to be part of the "Fam" and now that Val's votes are hanging around for the taking, Sharna would be clever to say something (ahem, "family")  that would remind the Fam fans where to put their votes.

I just watched that Samba dance off .  The judges gave it to Bindi?  First of all who the heck is dressing her, she's far too curvy and too young to be Samba bouncing in the chest area. I thought they finally gave her a better bra, but they've gone back to no support.   The dress color was also pretty awful, pale doesn't work on  pasty white. I don't say that to be mean, I'm white as a ghost and I know we pale ones need color.  Zendaya was tiny in comparison, and she has that waif like body type that could get away with a very skimpy dance costume, but her dance wardrobe was always age appropriate. Also, Bindi's  footwork was hit and miss and there wasn't great leg/hip action,not a lot of flow from one element to the next. Nick wasn't a whole lot better, his footwork was sloppy but at least we saw appropriate Samba bounce and nice rhythmical botofogos happening. 

Edited by Andie1

Peta and Sharna are also widely agreed to be part of the "Fam" and now that Val's votes are hanging around for the taking, Sharna would be clever to say something (ahem, "family")  that would remind the Fam fans where to put their votes.

Hmmm I'm going to weigh which is the most subversive?  Having a sister judging who can't find too much wrong with anything Bindi does, or Sharna saying Peta is family?  

• Love 4

Peta and Sharna are also widely agreed to be part of the "Fam" and now that Val's votes are hanging around for the taking, Sharna would be clever to say something (ahem, "family") that would remind the Fam fans where to put their votes.

Except, much like Derek/Mark or Witney/Lindsay, Peta and Sharna have been best friends since they were kids. Long before either became "fam."

Sharna, as an only child,and with all the crap she has going on back home, (as evidenced by that learn more about the pros episode) I can see why she clings to her "family" by choice in the states.

If what Tom said was true - that either Nick or Bindi had the lowest combined votes, then I'm sure it was Nick, because of the low scores for his first dance, and then losing the dance-off (Bindi and Derek got the 3 extra points).

I see it the opposite way for exactly the reasons you mentioned. 

I think it was Bindi at the bottom.

If Nick was in trouble with votes, I don't think they'd risk the 8s for his first dance or losing the dance-off.  The judges frequently turn a blind eye or blow-off an obvious error (because the rest of the dance was soooo wonderful) when they want to help save their favorites.  If Nick was in trouble with votes last week, making him the lowest combined scores/votes, he would have been eliminated except for Tamar's withdrawal.  If he was in voting trouble last week, then he's probably still in voting trouble this week.  That, along with the lowest scores of the night, would get him eliminated on Monday leaving the finale for Bindi, Alek and Carlos.  Somehow I don't think they want to lose their biggest star, the BSB, the night before the finale. 

TPTB have their analysis of voting trends and can predict with a high degree of confidence at this point what each of the 4 couples will get for votes.  I don't think they would allow Nick's scores when combined with their vote prediction to drop outside of their margin of error, assuming they want him in the finale.  My guess is that Nick has oodles more votes than he'd need to stay off the bottom even with having the lowest total score of the night - plenty more than he'd need to cover the margin between him and Alek (1.3%) and cover the margin of error in the predictions.

We're assuming Bindi is the most popular because we're essentially being told that by the show via overscoring, loads of praise, rarely any criticisms, etc. plus all the DWTS-managed media featuring Bindi almost daily.  I question whether Bindi is really as popular as we've been led to believe.  I suspect it was Bindi at the bottom and was saved by Tamar's departure.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 1

On top of that, his fans really don't like his wife, to the point that there are grown women sending her death threats, ........

Why the dislike for Nick's wife from some of his fans?

Edited by luvthepros

Also the show has completely played out the "theme night." The theme/packages were all a re-hash of "most memorable year" and 2 other random theme nights we already had this season.  

There was a theme for semi finals night? I didn't catch that. What did I miss?

I hated it when Sharna called Peta "family" - I felt like a code word was being delivered to the faithful.

Sharna and Peta have been best friends for over a decade since they were back in Australia. I'd say that they consider each other sisters which best friends often do. Mine is my sister from another mister.

Ugh, I too am so tired of Derek and his props and his "conceptualized" routines.  I enjoyed the other three trio dances so much more - just straight dancing, no gimmicks.  

Val & Jenna have incredible chemistry and that dance was absolutely gorgeous.

I was surprised Nick & Bindi were the bottom two; who the hell is voting for Carlos?

What was the song Nick/Sharna/Peta danced to?  I loved it.

To be fair, the other trios were Charleston, Tango, and Salsa whereas Bindi was assigned Jazz ........ a lot of the Jazz routines on this show tend to be “conceptualized” …… though I think all dances are “conceptualized” to a certain extent ……. the Jazz routine was a bit more abstract in the language used to bring the concept to life.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention, no I'm not "shipping" them (the man is married with a baby on the way after all and Sharna has a long-term boyfriend she's very committed to from my knowledge) but that moment between Sharna and Nick when he stumbled and she gave him the pep talk was one of the most tender moments I've seen with a pairing this season. That felt like a real connection between two people. I especially loved the way they kind of just mouthed the words to each other. 

That was a beautiful moment; moments like that are my favorite on the show.  I remember a few clips that showed Peta with Tommy before/after a dance and I thought she was incredibly sweet with him. That's why I miss the results show because you would see some of those moments aired.

I agree with you regarding Nick and Sharna’s connection; I always thought it was very strong – and for me connection doesn’t always equate romantic or “shipping.”

I think that Nick-Sharna, Derek-Bindi, and Witney-Alek have had the strongest connections this season and it shows in their routines.

Why the dislike for Nick's wife from some of his fans?

It's typical junior high "she's not good enough or pretty enough for Nick, and being married changed him for the worse (even though it changed him for the better)" crap.

If Nick was in trouble with votes, I don't think they'd risk the 8s for his first dance or losing the dance-off.  The judges frequently turn a blind eye or blow-off an obvious error (because the rest of the dance was soooo wonderful) when they want to help save their favorites.

Except it would have been hard to blow-off said obvious error when Nick had a full 30 seconds where he just stopped dancing and Sharna literally had to pep talk him through the rest of the dance. And the rest of dance wasn't so wonderful. The dance went from bad (as someone pointed out on Afterbuzz, Nick went wrong from the minute they got down the stairs) to worse, then it got decent after the pep talk.

And to be fair, you can sort of say the same thing with Bindi, excluding the dance off, in terms of the scores from the judges. First of all, they put her first in the night which is traditionally not great because by the end of the night viewers/voters barely remember what the couple did and interestingly NIck was last for the second straight week.

And then the judges all knocked off a point for her Salsa not because she made a mistake, her technique was off (at least that's not what they said) but simply because they wanted more hip action. That was it. And by the end of the first round she was in third place behind Alek and Carlos. 

If he was in voting trouble last week, then he's probably still in voting trouble this week.

Not if that Bottom 2 appearance scared his fanbase enough to realize they need to vote and not just assume he has it in the bag because he's the most famous and has a large fanbase 

That, along with the lowest scores of the night, would get him eliminated on Monday leaving the finale for Bindi, Alek and Carlos.  Somehow I don't think they want to lose their biggest star, the BSB, the night before the finale.

But that statement could be a point to why if he was the lowest vote getter, they didn't do the elimination. By Monday night, even if his elimination would be shocking if it happens (I don't think he will be, but we'll see), there's barely a turn around to Tuesday night so I don't really think it will affect the ratings or show much. Hell the buzz about his being a shocking elimination might make some curious to watch Tuesday night.

We're assuming Bindi is the most popular because we're essentially being told that by the show via overscoring, loads of praise, rarely any criticisms, etc. plus all the DWTS-managed media featuring Bindi almost daily.

And the same can be said for Nick. Many are assuming there is NO WAY he could not be getting votes because he's a Backstreet Boy and they have a lot of fans. But as I've always said, a lot of fans don't do diddly if they're not voting and if a lot of them are assuming there is no way that person is going home. 

I don't vote so I couldn't tell you about busy signals or any of that stuff and no, I'm not going by the judges' praise of Bindi. It's just a general feeling from watching the show a long time and observing other things. It's the same reason I'm not surprised Alek is in the end and expected it weeks ago and don't question for a second he's getting a lot of fans. Also, it may not be an exact science, but wasn't Bindi the one getting some insane view counts on her videos that many on here were so shocked and even a little baffled by, almost right from the start of the season? And as I've said, I can absolutely see Bindi picking up casual fans and voters throughout the season. 

Again, I may be wrong and hell Alek will win it all. Or hell no matter what Tom said and some thinking he would never flat out say something untrue, this was all a ruse to hype up both Nick and Bindi's fanbase and clearly it's worked with everyone analyzing and throwing reasons why they're sure it was the other who was really in jeopardy. But I called Bindi's winning (assuming things don't go very wrong FInale night or Nick just blows her way out of the water with his freestyle) and I still believe that. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Uke, I've been wondering the same thing about the bottom two issue this week. My first instinct was that Nick was the real person in the bottom but I am not so sure now.

There wasn't much the judges could do to prop Nick's score for the Tango because he clearly messed up. But if he needed help they could have given it to him in the dance off. I thought Bindi and Nick were fairly equal in their dancing there and the points could have easily gone to either of them. The dance offs and immunity challenges are the places where we are more likely to see the judges tip their hands just a bit. All three voted for Bindi giving her their entire vote of confidence as the better dancer.

I agree with you that Nick is possibly the biggest name left this season and they have been hoping for a Nick/Bindi showdown. They got the two anchor spots this week. Dancing first is usually a death knell until we get to the semifinals at which point the first and last spots become more valuable and the middle spots are less desirable. (Over the past couple of seasons the first/last contestants in the semis were: Rumer/Nastia, Sadie/Alfonso, Candace/Meryl, Leah/Amber, Kellie/Zendaya, Melissa/Kelly) Of those 12 contestants, only two didn't make it to the final three and the winner has always come from one of those slots. Carlos and Alek are clearly the expendable ones here being shoved in the middle.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

truthaboutluv, despite my last post, I am also still mostly in the camp of thinking Bindi will will. For 75% of the season, I have felt that it is a foregone conclusion for many of the same reasons you listed. The bottom two business this week was odd and a little unexpected and made me wonder if I was wrong.

It's typical junior high "she's not good enough or pretty enough for Nick, and being married changed him for the worse (even though it changed him for the better)" crap.

This, as well as "she's a gold-digger, she just wants the fame, she never looks happy, etc." Same about AJ and Brian's wives. Very sad.

The thing about the dress rehearsal elimination, were Nick and Sharna eliminated because Tamar had gotten more votes? Or did she not factor into it at all?

I'm leaning towards Bindi winning, but from reading this thread, Carlos might surprise us all. I guess anything could happen.

Edited by NicksDancingPants
The thing about the dress rehearsal elimination, were Nick and Sharna eliminated because Tamar had gotten more votes? Or did she not factor into it at all?

The "elimination" the walk-through during the dress rehearsal doesn't have any relationship to the actual votes.  They just need to use somebody there for blocking/lighting/etc. purposes.  

I think the OP's point was that, supposedly, being selected to stand-in as the booted team during the dress rehearsal unofficially means you're safe.

The "elimination" the walk-through during the dress rehearsal doesn't have any relationship to the actual votes. They just need to use somebody there for blocking/lighting/etc. purposes.

I think the OP's point was that, supposedly, being selected to stand-in as the booted team during the dress rehearsal unofficially means you're safe.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

I was surprised that Bindi and Nick were at the bottom.  Through this whole season, I thought they were the only ones guaranteed to be in the finals.

I agree with whoever said that CAI must not like Carlos so she is being really nit-picky.  I will agree with her on the concept of their contemporary and I didn't like the rope.

However, she pointed out his facial expressions when Bindi is the one that makes really exaggerated facial expressions.  It bugged me during her salsa.  She was making intense faces during the jazz too but it didn't bug me as much since it seemed more appropriate.

She said that Carlos' trio was out of sync so she gave a 9.  I really didn't notice but if we were going to compare Charlestons, Bindi and Alexa were more out of sync and style but they received a perfect score last week. 

Then the real stumper is choosing Alek over Carlos in the dance-off.  I haven't read any comments stating why Alek should have won.  From reading this forum, it seems that Carlos won and it wasn't even close.  Bindi and Nick's dance-off was closer and there have been different opinions on that.

I'm indifferent to Carlos but those are noticeable things.

2b.  Nick & Sharna
Thought Nick made a valiant effort with his tango routine.  A bit surprised to see his shoulders jump (out of hold) and rise (arm turn) on stage at the top, as he needed to keep his excitement level and his topline down for this style at the very beginning.  Still think Nick needed to be a bit more passionate in this dance, to keep his top half well-framed and to make his head flicks a bit more sharper and quicker.  Despite these (and other) hiccups, it was good to see Nick carry out his last remaining two routines with style.  Thought his salsa trio showed a much more assured and relaxed Nick, as he carried out the moves with a breath of newfound ease that surfaced through his body and feet (relative to his week 4 jazz); agree wholeheartedly with Carrie Ann too that Nick's dancing in this number did indeed originate and develop “from the ground up.”  It's nice to see this new Nick carryover into the samba dance off as well. Thought Sharna listened to and felt the music well, such that she was able to carry out a traditional, elongated routine that was generous with the floor coverage.  Nick's moves and dance steps didn't feel restricted space-wise (relative to their week 6 samba), and his body showed far less tension, enabling the choreography to better breathe through his body.  Think Nick responds well to the latin dance styles, and that it's encouraging to see signs of life and improvement in his dancing the past few weeks.

1.  Bindi & Derek
Thought their salsa was clubby, energetic and rythmical, and agree that the routine had some nice underarm turns.  Likewise think a constant flow of sensuality moving naturally through the body would've been nice, since it would've identified the dance style more clearly. Their jazz routine was an interesting concept, and thought Bindi looked relaxed when standing on the cube with equal weight distribution.  Bindi's sharp arm movement and timing looked in unison with the pros, and it was nice to see the timed rolling death drop move provide additional effect.  Thought the dance went well despite the plethora and unpredictability of props involved in the routine.  Enjoyed the shadowing roll of Bindi's body during the top of the samba dance off, and it was great to see the sensual, flirtatious side to Bindi surface during this routine for the first time.  Thought this number added a slight modern feel and flare to the traditional style, complete with timely finger snaps, cheeky eye winks, fun body isolations and lively facial expressions to stir up the party atmosphere.  Despite the characteristic compact floor coverage the couple usually tend to exhibit in their dances, thought the week 10 routines showcased thus far provided a glimpse into the creativity and depth of Derek's dancing playbook.  

Congratulations to the winning couple of DWTS Season 21, and hope they enjoy the well-deserved accolades and recognition that comes with this accomplishment.  Best of luck to all the celebs and looking forward to their dances.

• Love 1

Except it would have been hard to blow-off said obvious error when Nick had a full 30 seconds where he just stopped dancing and Sharna literally had to pep talk him through the rest of the dance. And the rest of dance wasn't so wonderful. The dance went from bad (as someone pointed out on Afterbuzz, Nick went wrong from the minute they got down the stairs) to worse, then it got decent after the pep talk.

And to be fair, you can sort of say the same thing with Bindi, excluding the dance off, in terms of the scores from the judges. First of all, they put her first in the night which is traditionally not great because by the end of the night viewers/voters barely remember what the couple did and interestingly NIck was last for the second straight week.

And then the judges all knocked off a point for her Salsa not because she made a mistake, her technique was off (at least that's not what they said) but simply because they wanted more hip action. That was it. And by the end of the first round she was in third place behind Alek and Carlos. 

Not if that Bottom 2 appearance scared his fanbase enough to realize they need to vote and not just assume he has it in the bag because he's the most famous and has a large fanbase 

But that statement could be a point to why if he was the lowest vote getter, they didn't do the elimination. By Monday night, even if his elimination would be shocking if it happens (I don't think he will be, but we'll see), there's barely a turn around to Tuesday night so I don't really think it will affect the ratings or show much. Hell the buzz about his being a shocking elimination might make some curious to watch Tuesday night.

And the same can be said for Nick. Many are assuming there is NO WAY he could not be getting votes because he's a Backstreet Boy and they have a lot of fans. But as I've always said, a lot of fans don't do diddly if they're not voting and if a lot of them are assuming there is no way that person is going home. 

I don't vote so I couldn't tell you about busy signals or any of that stuff and no, I'm not going by the judges' praise of Bindi. It's just a general feeling from watching the show a long time and observing other things. It's the same reason I'm not surprised Alek is in the end and expected it weeks ago and don't question for a second he's getting a lot of fans. Also, it may not be an exact science, but wasn't Bindi the one getting some insane view counts on her videos that many on here were so shocked and even a little baffled by, almost right from the start of the season? And as I've said, I can absolutely see Bindi picking up casual fans and voters throughout the season. 

Again, I may be wrong and hell Alek will win it all. Or hell no matter what Tom said and some thinking he would never flat out say something untrue, this was all a ruse to hype up both Nick and Bindi's fanbase and clearly it's worked with everyone analyzing and throwing reasons why they're sure it was the other who was really in jeopardy. But I called Bindi's winning (assuming things don't go very wrong FInale night or Nick just blows her way out of the water with his freestyle) and I still believe that. 

I can recall many, many, many instances where the judges ignored obvious errors or made up stupid excuses. A stop in the dance? Ohhh such connection as they gazed into each other's eyes (instead of oops, he forgot his steps).  These judges live for idiotic critiques sometimes, I think.

Also, the standing after round 1 doesn't matter. It's the total score at the end of the night that counts. Round 1, OH! she's so behind Alek - DRAMA! By round 3 she was top of the leaderboard with Carlos.

The first half of the season, definitely going first is usually bad. At semi-finals, I don't think dance order matters much.  Bindi never went first until week 10 when it really didn't matter.

The show is looking for a Nick vs Bindi "faceoff" and putting them both in jeopardy lit a fire under fans of both teams. I think they didn't want to lose either one and that's why there wasn't an elimination.  Video view counts are hard to measure at this point. I think that they only give an indication during the time that voting is open. I know many don't watch the show. They just look at the videos and then some go and vote, especially international fans.  Video view counts after voting closes doesn't say much IMO.

I'd be very surprised if either Nick or Bindi is eliminated on Monday. Yes, the show wants ratings but I think they also want a happy ending and they want everyone smiling as someone is lifted triumphantly, trophy in hand.  Losing either Nick or Bindi at this point would turn off a lot of viewers and, assuming the other will win, why bother tuning in for 3 hours on Tuesday.

Of course I don't know who was actually at the bottom.  I was reading a lot of assumptions that it was Nick and so I offered the scenario that it just might have been Bindi.  My own view is, Bindi was at the bottom but I also think it's very likely she will win and being put in the bottom 2 will help her get there. But, same could be said for Nick. Who knows!

I agree with you that Nick is possibly the biggest name left this season and they have been hoping for a Nick/Bindi showdown. They got the two anchor spots this week. Dancing first is usually a death knell until we get to the semifinals at which point the first and last spots become more valuable and the middle spots are less desirable. (Over the past couple of seasons the first/last contestants in the semis were: Rumer/Nastia, Sadie/Alfonso, Candace/Meryl, Leah/Amber, Kellie/Zendaya, Melissa/Kelly) Of those 12 contestants, only two didn't make it to the final three and the winner has always come from one of those slots. Carlos and Alek are clearly the expendable ones here being shoved in the middle.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Agree that dancing 1st is pretty much a guaranteed underscore until semi-finals (maybe quarter-finals).  But I think the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th are the forgettable slots.  In earlier weeks, dancing 1st, you may forget the dance, but if it's a couple you like, you'll remember the underscore.  At the end of the season, you tune in for the 1st dance, maybe 2nd and 3rd aren't so memorable and then you remember the last. (I'm just guessing and generalizing, of course.) 

Alek may be expendable, but I think to get this far, he's developed a lot of support, just organically on his own.  I'm thinking Carlos is the expendable one.  He's not all that well-known. If comments on this board can be extrapolated to the general audience, he's not all that charismatic.  Nice abs, but is that really enough?   Hmmm, I don't know.

• Love 1

If comments on this board can be extrapolated to the general audience, he's not all that charismatic.

I think this board has often been gobsmacked by the outcome because so many of the more vocal participants will agree about disliking someone or liking someone.  I don't feel our attitudes represent Jill Voter.  Because if Jill Voter was seeing Carlos the way I see him (I have a physical I'm-going-to-throw-up reaction) he'd be long gone.  And that has been true for season after season - a certain racing car driver, springs to mind.

It's all subjective whom we find obnoxious. I really don't see Carlos that way. In spite of being hosed by CAI over and over, he has never been rude to her. Alek on the other hand argues with the judges even though they give him very generous scores IMO. Too me he's the one who is arrogant.  I don't find Bindi obnoxious either like others do, just over the top bubbly. Different strokes for different folks.

• Love 1

Uke, I agree that of the four people left, Carlos is probably the producers least favored to win (if they even really care). I think they would love an Alek/Bindi/Nick final three and probably don't care how it falls after that. Of course there is still the issue of the tour and whether one of these remaining people is going to be the celebrity tag along which could mean the producers do have a stake in how it ultimately shakes out.

I think it's already been confirmed by someone (I want to say Emma but don't quote me on that) that Alek is going to appear on the tour. Nick is still a rumor but a strong one. Of the four left, Bindi and Carlos are the ones for who there's been no indication that they will be doing it. I guess Carlos definitely can't because I think they start rehearsals for Grease Live soon, which he is in. 

The day after she was eliminated, Alexa retweeted something about the tour and added her own tweet saying something like "Hmm, thinking Carlos and I should drop in on a few of these shows" so I wouldn't rule them out. BSB is back in the studio soon and then Nick is touring with his solo album, so I find it hard to believe he'll be on it.

Though, it is odd they haven't said anything about a host a la Alfonso or Melissa, so who knows?

I think it's already been confirmed by someone (I want to say Emma but don't quote me on that) that Alek is going to appear on the tour. Nick is still a rumor but a strong one. Of the four left, Bindi and Carlos are the ones for who there's been no indication that they will be doing it. I guess Carlos definitely can't because I think they start rehearsals for Grease Live soon, which he is in. 

It was Emma, on All Access. They had Alek up there and asked them something about seeing each other after the show, and Emma threw out, "Well, we're all going on tour together!" Alek looked slightly panicked and had to lean over and whisper something to her, I'm guessing he wasn't supposed to reveal that yet. 

In terms of Carlos, this https://twitter.com/alexavega/status/664892611568635905

but that's all I've heard. 

I'd be surprised to see Bindi, but basing that only on her talking about meeting up with Derek in Australia (to meet his koala) while he's on some month long backpacking trip. Also somewhat based on her still being a minor, that might be harder to work out.

The day after she was eliminated, Alexa retweeted something about the tour and added her own tweet saying something like "Hmm, thinking Carlos and I should drop in on a few of these shows" so I wouldn't rule them out. BSB is back in the studio soon and then Nick is touring with his solo album, so I find it hard to believe he'll be on it.

Though, it is odd they haven't said anything about a host a la Alfonso or Melissa, so who knows?

I agree about Nick and thought the same thing when I first heard his name being bounced around but some seem to think it could be a possibility so who knows. 

Sharna, as an only child,and with all the crap she has going on back home, (as evidenced by that learn more about the pros episode) I can see why she clings to her "family" by choice in the states.

What's going on back home? 

I really enjoy Sharna's choreography. She makes the dance fun to watch without making it ALL ABOUT HER. I, too, loved the very real moment when she took charge, looked directly into Nick's eyes, and got him through the dance. 

• Love 1

I don't know if at least certain stars have to do every show on the tour or not. Last year, Rumer only did selected dates on the tour (& then had to stop dancing & just sing during at least 1 of the other couples' dances after she got stress fractures in at least 1 foot--I remember reading that in a magazine during the last tour).

They had Melissa Rycroft all last tour as the "host" leading the audience Q&A, etc. She was the 10th person so they had an even number of people.

This tour, they already have 10 pros,(Sharna, Val, Peta, Emma, Lindsay, Keo,Artem, Alan, Brittany and Jenna) so I assume they want another guy.

I offer that it could very well have been Nick and Sharna in the bottom and I think it's that damn immunity that lulls people into thinking a couple is not needing the votes.  I was especially confused by the immunity this year because although there were those who insist that it was immunity from being eliminated the same evening in week 8, the press release indicated that the couple would be safe from elimination in week 9 and that was picked up by various media sources.. Maybe others read the same thing and refrained from voting. This confusion seems to be a little bit of bullshit on the part of ABC; would this be to get the Nick voters to cool it, allowing Carlo or Alex supporters to fill the void?

Combined with the events of last week,  Nick and Sharna could very well have found elimination imminent.  For Tom to tip his hand indicating that it was either Bindi or Nick to me points to Nick and Sharna being the ones in trouble. Regardless of BSB having a significant fanbase, I also remember that Joey McIntyre of NKOTB (a good dancer) Joey Fatone and Lance Bass of NSYNC  all did not have the votes to surpass the winner that year. What all three men have, and Nick does as well is showmanship, especially dancing in the styles they are famous for. It's this ability to entertain that's key to why ABC wants to keep Nick over the relative unknowns on the show. I don't know the depth of BSB voters, but Boyband fanbase voters may not necessarily vote in the way the Derek Hough supporters vote, with all their numerous email accounts and power votes, especially when they know they have the support of the show to win it all. So the show left it open-ended, so that these two fanbases can duke it out and ABC can show their advertisers just how many hits they can muster. 

I consider Sharna to be the new Cheryl, she's innovative and when everything works it clicks.  Maybe her first win will be similar to Cheryl's first win with a boybander who saved a horse and rode a cowboy.

But, for me, Bindi winning the dance off in week 10 is the show giving her the green light to win.  I think the winners of previous dance offs were given a boost to try and stay in. But in week 10 the scores are for all the marbles moving into the finale. It's not a coincidence that the dance off was against Nick. Even with his lower scores he's still favored over the other two.

Last season we know that Nastia did not have the same kind of push that Bindi is getting even though Nastia is a far and away a superior dancer. We also know that Nastia won immunity a week before she was eliminated.

If Nick and Sharna want to win it they've got to go full throttle and leave it all on the dance floor.  More importantly His fans can't be complacent, even though the show will do things that make you think he has it, that's exactly the time you should vote more. I am hopeful for Nick that the lower scores he got this week motivated his fans to vote to keep him safe to fully compete in the finale. If he doesn't get the votes he'll be eliminated night one.

Edited by Andie1

I agree about Nick and thought the same thing when I first heard his name being bounced around but some seem to think it could be a possibility so who knows.

AJ said that Nick will take a break after DWTS before they go into the studio so I doubt he is on the tour.

I think the difference with Joey McIntyre and Nick is that the New Kids had been broken up for nearly 10 years by the time he did the show and his only solo success had been about 4 or 5 years before DWTS. Plus the show was in its first season and a summer fill in show without the same kind of hype and promotion it has now. I was (and am again) a giant NKOTB fan but I only watched a couple of episodes when he was on and never voted. That would be totally different now as the New Kids have been back together for several years, touring, etc. BSB is still actively touring and making music so the fan base comparison doesn't really match up other than the basic premise that they both came from boy bands. If I were a betting woman, I'd bet that Nick has far more people voting for him than Joey did from a fanbase size perspective.

Mods, this may be better suited for the Nick thread. Sorry!

Edited by TeeMo

I consider Sharna to be the new Cheryl, she's innovative and when everything works it clicks.  Maybe her first win will be similar to Cheryl's first win with a boybander who saved a horse and rode a cowboy.

Sharna has her moments (she was great with Andy Dick), but I don't think she is Cheryl. Some of her choreo is borderline trashy. Did Nick really have to do the crotch grabbing thing last week? Sheesh. I don't think Cheryl would have done that. Sharna couldn't win with Charlie White, the ringeriest male ringer of all time, so I'm not sure about her. I do think Nick is a beautiful dancer, though, and I expect his freestyle to be the best.

Sharna has her moments (she was great with Andy Dick), but I don't think she is Cheryl. Some of her choreo is borderline trashy. Did Nick really have to do the crotch grabbing thing last week? Sheesh. I don't think Cheryl would have done that. Sharna couldn't win with Charlie White, the ringeriest male ringer of all time, so I'm not sure about her. I do think Nick is a beautiful dancer, though, and I expect his freestyle to be the best.

Cheryl can't be trashy?  Save a Horse was borderline, the hand-slip on the Emmitt Rumba was borderline,  the keeping William Levys' shirt off was pretty trashy, especially when he didn't want it.... If there's a crotch to grabbed to invoke a MJacksonesque move Chery would have included it.  She is no prude.  Cheryl rolled on the floor with Gilles, and couldn't win with him, so there's that.  Both Charlie and Gilles probably one of the best male dancers they've ever had also had to compete against a female athlete and they lost- that's just the nature of the show.While Meryl was leading significantly going down the stretch, Shawn came from behind, and many think it's Cheryls choreo that nailed the coffin for Gilles. 

But besides that Sharna is a conceptualizer in the way Derek is, she can make moments with more dancers, it's not just a couple dancing anymore. Her Burn The Floor experience internalizing all the great Jason Gilkinson type of choreography is the kind of thing we saw on the Viennese Waltz, and the Quickstep for example and I think she has a vision that's pretty cool.    

Edited by Andie1

By the way, I'm sick of Golden Boy and would like someone else to win, but I have to give credit where it's due. His dances stand out not because of Bindi, but because of his excellent choreography. In that area, Lindsay, Witney and Sharna can't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Edited by boyznkatz