Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Rise Of The Villains: A Bitter Pill To Swallow

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

I'm glad Theo Galavan adopted the EMINENTLY SENSIBLE plan of NOT going on the warpath - he's far more likely to get out  if he USES A LAWYER (he's a billionaire, after all). And if you can't find he right lawyer to keep you out of jail, it's always possible to bribe judges/jurors to stay out of trouble. The cops were still looking for stuff on him, so they obviously DON'T have a rock solid case yet after all!

Loved the whole "How to be a better villain" segment at Eddie's place - therapy is an area that superhero towns so often neglect. Unlike Rent-a-Goon operations and Assassins-R-Us, which you can find everywhere (clearly there's a gap in the market that Dr Melfi had spotted).

ratgirlagogo Missy just looked kind of lame, which is too bad since I love the actress and I'd love it if she became a regular villain

Would have been better if she'd promised to keep sending guys until they got Gordon (which would be never, obviously) but would at least be a plausible(ish) long term threat.

Biggie B Barbara's off to be warehoused at Arkham. Gee, that oughta work out well - that place is about as secure as CTU was on '24.'

Well it's better than in the GCPD - there's only been one break out from Arkham, but the Precinct has been successfully attacked several times!

Monty Ashley (from the Recap) Seems like it would have been easier to kill him in one of those scenes where it was just Theo and Bruce, but that probably wouldn't be considered diabolical enough.

No self respecting villain would do something so mundane!

With the exception of Nygma/Penguin and Alfred putting a bratty Bruce in his place this was easily the weakest episode of the season for me. 

The new Commissioner bores me. He's too intense. 

On 11/17/2015 at 9:16 AM, Milz said:
On 11/16/2015 at 8:30 PM, Nidratime said:

How stupid is Bruce? (Don't answer that; it's rhetorical.) I can't believe he's going to be Batman. He's so easily manipulated, while other youngsters his age are much more aware.

He's stupid enough to think that a guy who didn't know that minors can't legally enter into contracts is smart.  Teen Bruce is the stupid kid who opens the door in 80s slasher movies

Also, stupid enough not to notice much of his naivete comes from his wealthy, sheltered upbringing, and lack of real exposure to the world like, say his streetwise female friend, Selena.

Edited by BigBlueMastiff
oops