Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Chapter Twenty-Eight

I know - especially the character of Jane- who researches to solve problems and is headstrong. She would never have let that happen like that. She was devoted to nursing so she would nurse not pump! It really was bizarre to do it like that. I guess it was trying to show she was spending so much time at school and the baby was getting too many bottles but no, she was running right back home- graduate classes are once a day, its not like you are at class for 8 hours..anyway the Pump and Dump thing is another stupid thing they keep bringing up like you just HAVE to GET DRUNK...like no I'm nursing so I'm not drinking is the more mature way to go. Or pump and dump but don't write it into the script like it's a thing. This is the second time they are bringing it up with another woman who just had a baby and wants to party ..Oy anyway the show was great Season 1 but Season 2 is working my last nerve. I HATE Jane and her whining. I only watch for Rogelio at this point.

I am enjoying the evolution of Jane and Petra's relationship. I don't think they need to become best friends who have slumber parties and pillow fights, but I like that they are thawing and seeing each other as human beings with things in common (as opposed to the enemy). They are extended family now, so it's good that they're beginning to get along and be friendly instead of always be on guard around each other. I also like that it's happening organically instead of them suddenly being BFFs.

The time jumps in this episode were a good way to get us caught up to present day since this episode aired in November and they had Thanksgiving at the end. Hopefully now we can stop focusing on Jane being overwhelmed by motherhood and feeling like a failure every time Mateo is more than ten feet away from her. The time jumps were also a good way to show how Jane relinquished some control and gave Rafael the opportunity to become much more involved in raising Mateo. At the beginning of S2, she was so reluctant to do that but in this episode we saw Rafael taking care of Mateo while Jane was at the retreat which was a huge improvement.

Although I know Jane is a mom now, I feel like we covered the whole "Jane is adjusting to motherhood" stuff for several episodes so I hope there's less of Jane constantly on the edge of freaking out and more of Jane's non-mom stuff like grad school, her friendship with Lina, etc.

Heh, I loved that the grad school professor was not having any of Jane's excuses. As someone mentioned above, she shouldn't have taken that phone call during class. The pediatrician has Rafael's number too so she should have let it go to voicemail and then checked her message after class. I might be a little biased about this whole situation though because I knew a grad student who used "but I'm a single mom" as an excuse for EVERYTHING and it was so annoying.

I was actually kind of happy when Petra found out she was having twins, only because that's Rafael's last chance to have biological kids so having two instead of one with that last sperm sample seems like a gift. As much as I enjoy Magda (especially her new Captain Hook getup), I really hope she dies before the twins get old enough to have her screw them up and push them around like she did to Petra.

While I understand Jane not wanting Mateo to be spoiled because of Rafael's money, I hate when people act like having money is a bad thing.  I grew up without a lot of money and I wish we'd had more, not so I could be spoiled but so my parents could have relaxed a little bit and not stressed about how they were going to pay for things like dance classes. Jane also acted like Mateo would have unfettered access to this money as a child, which is not how it would work if Rafael died and there was a huge lump of money left for him. I also think that Jane vastly underestimates how expensive it is to have a child. Diapers, clothes, doctor's visits, toys, etc. over the next 18 years adds up, plus four years of college. As for having multiple copies of a favorite toy, that's just smart, not spoiled. You know who's going to suffer if there's only one favorite toy and it gets lost? ALL OF YOU when that kid is screaming and crying. Rafael buying a few extras is not a big deal. It's not like he went out and bought ten extra houses for Mateo. It's a toy, not a million dollar investment. I was glad when Rafael told Jane that you don't have to be poor to be a good person. Plus there's a vast grey area between a spoiled kid who blows through $40 million in a year and a kid whose family is barely scraping by. Just because there's X amount of money doesn't mean you need to spend it all. But hey, now that Petra is pregnant with twins, if he sets up the same deal for the girls (every dollar they spend must be matched by a dollar for charity), that means that there's really only $20 million that will be split three ways for the kids to spend on themselves.

• Love 2
On 4/14/2016 at 6:27 AM, AudienceofOne said:

So for those of you who are keeping count, that's three babies for Rafael and no sex.#RafaeltheVirgin

Bwahahaha. I laughed so hard at that. Just the timing and the delivery of it. I had to pause while I laughed for a full two minutes.

It was the #BlueBalls (with actual blue balls) that made me laugh the hardest.

• Love 2