Type keyword(s) to search

RH of Dallas in the media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Do not reference any politicians or other elected officials. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Are you referring to the video with D'andra? I had a hard time hearing what Stephanie said. I don't follow her husband on Twitter, but I've seen posts here about it. I don't remember who said what first between him and Cameron. If he's defending himself and his wife, that's fine imo. Now if he's just being catty and getting into stuff that's got nothing to do with him, I agree that is not a gentlemanly move. Travis strikes me as an alpha male. Stephanie's not the alpha female much of the rest of the cast is, or even Lisa Vanderpump. If she's faking this whole sweet, gentle image, she's the true genius of the franchise imo. 

Yep, that was the video I was referring to. There was also another one just with Brandi and Stephanie from the second day of their tour--I may not have posted that one--where she is laughing and giggling along as Brandi makes fun of Cary's husband.

In regards to Travis, he appeared to go after Kameron about a Twitter poll that she did not create. However, I was referring to the political things he posts, but that is not for us to get into here and I recognize he is entitled to his opinion. It just creeps me out lol. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Yep, that was the video I was referring to. There was also another one just with Brandi and Stephanie from the second day of their tour--I may not have posted that one--where she is laughing and giggling along as Brandi makes fun of Cary's husband.

In regards to Travis, he appeared to go after Kameron about a Twitter poll that she did not create. However, I was referring to the political things he posts, but that is not for us to get into here and I recognize he is entitled to his opinion. It just creeps me out lol. 

I see, thank you. :) 

• Love 1

I don't think Stephanie is overtly vicious. I think she's playing a role that she and her husband have concocted to paint her as a sweet, innocent, helpless victim. The editors go along with it.

She showed a different character in the first season, day-drinking with Brandi and telling crude gross jokes. She boasted about her wealth and property, quoting the cost of things. She complained constantly about Travis controlling her.

There was backlash, including from their private Christian schools, and she gaslighted Brandi, about which Brandi complained in the next season. Brandi accused Stephanie of being a social climber, of abandoning her old friend.

Also, Stephanie admitted that they did not respond to their son's special needs quickly enough. I don't buy that they didn't understand what was going on. Not in this day and age. I think they ignored it and made excuses and exposed their benign neglect on TV.

The trotting out of her depression and the ready tears are just another manipulative ploy.

I think she's the most disingenuous of all of the Dallas housewives. And I think that behind his somewhat charming facade Travis is an ass.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I don't think Stephanie is overtly vicious. I think she's playing a role that she and her husband have concocted to paint her as a sweet, innocent, helpless victim. The editors go along with it.

She showed a different character in the first season, day-drinking with Brandi and telling crude gross jokes. She boasted about her wealth and property, quoting the cost of things. She complained constantly about Travis controlling her.

There was backlash, including from their private Christian schools, and she gaslighted Brandi, about which Brandi complained in the next season. Brandi accused Stephanie of being a social climber, of abandoning her old friend.

Also, Stephanie admitted that they did not respond to their son's special needs quickly enough. I don't buy that they didn't understand what was going on. Not in this day and age. I think they ignored it and made excuses.

The trotting out of her depression and the ready tears are just another manipulative ploy.

I think she's the most disingenuous of all of the Dallas housewives. And I think that behind his somewhat charming facade Travis is an ass.

Slow clap. I agree 100 percent, she showed a much different face season one. This seems cultivated.

• Love 9

12 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Now I am curious about his politics...  I will have to take a look at his twitter.

29 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Also, Stephanie admitted that they did not respond to their son's special needs quickly enough. I don't buy that they didn't understand what was going on. Not in this day and age. I think they ignored it and made excuses and exposed their benign neglect on TV.

YES!!!

Thinking back to the first season, she was a crazy drunken mess, crass and rude, bragging about money, etc and her husband was a controlling asshole - writing her lists of what to do, like she was the housekeeper.  It comes out (from Brandi?) that their marriage is pretty bad, on the rocks and they are seeing a marriage counselor.  She kind of plays this up (complaining that Travis bought a house without her knowledge), they get some backlash... suddenly they start to play it down. 

Switch to - Stephanie is a sensitive, sweet person, and her husband is a kind, humble man.  They are just SO in love, it's just flowers and hearts with them all the time.

I don't buy it.  Like you said, it is a manipulative ploy. 

• Love 9
On 1/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, AuntiePam said:

First I've heard of it.  I live in the rural Midwest.  The Indians around here are mostly physicians.  Gas stations are all a part of chains.  No clue who owns the car washes.

Yeah, I didn’t get the whole car wash, gas station thing either.  Like, what is going through Brandi and Stephanies mind to have that association??  Brandi is a strange bird to me.  What goes through that whiskey soaked mind of hers?!!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4
On 1/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, AuntiePam said:

First I've heard of it.  I live in the rural Midwest.  The Indians around here are mostly physicians.  Gas stations are all a part of chains.  No clue who owns the car washes.

sorry, double post.

Edited by IKnowRight
Double post
On 1/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

It’s a well known stereotype. While I am from NYC & LA, and many are doctors, engineers, etc (of course, as with many ethnic groups) that stereotype is alive and well (as said above, think Apu from the Simpsons). And, while a stereotype,  most of the 7-11 type stores and gas stations in both the NY and LA areas I have lived in are run by and/or employ Indians or those of SE Asian descent.

basically, Brandi is a POS and my opinion of Stephanie has fallen so low for enabling this trashy bitch.

It’s not well known to me!  I’ve lived in Several East coast suburban and major cities, including NYC, and never had that stereotype in my head.  Yikes.  I’ve never watched the Simpsons either.  If anything, the stereotype I have in my head is based on just what I’ve seen in my life, many of Indian heritage, including my personal physician, doctors, engineers, Tech fields, a female Indian American governor Haley, and Indian American male governor, Jindal.

I was purely flummoxed by Brandis video.  It’s just odd.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

It’s not well known to me!  I’ve lived in Several East coast suburban and major cities, including NYC, and never had that stereotype in my head.  Yikes.  I’ve never watched the Simpsons either.  If anything, the stereotype I have in my head is based on just what I’ve seen in my life, many of Indian heritage, including my personal physician, doctors, engineers, Tech fields, a female Indian American governor Haley, and Indian American male governor, Jindal.

I was purely flummoxed by Brandis video.  It’s just odd.

Kind of veering from topic, but I remember there was something on Sex and the City referencing the corner bodega, and how it is Indian.  Carrie was like, "I went down to the Indian on the corner for some orange juice..."  Does anyone else remember this?  I think it is one of those things people used to say, probably without meaning harm, but still. 

Brandi will never believe she did anything wrong.  Especially with Stephanie always excusing her behavior, no matter how messed up.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Kind of veering from topic, but I remember there was something on Sex and the City referencing the corner bodega, and how it is Indian.  Carrie was like, "I went down to the Indian on the corner for some orange juice..."  Does anyone else remember this?  I think it is one of those things people used to say, probably without meaning harm, but still. 

Brandi will never believe she did anything wrong.  Especially with Stephanie always excusing her behavior, no matter how messed up.

That’s another television show I have never seen! It came on when I had kids in middle and high school and refused to watch a show with that name!  Of course, tv shows are even more risqué now.  I didn’t watch Desperate Housewives either, even though I love Nicollette Sheridan.  It seemed from commercials that all the characters on SITC were vapid creatures.  Kind of like Vicki and Tamra!!!

Sounds like she was saying “the Indian” like the way Sonja says “my gays” as if they are toys.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Oh thank heavens!

I was surprised to see the franchise was renewed!

Leeanne confirms she is leaving, actually not being asked back. The other ladies haven’t commented on their status yet...

Edited by IKnowRight

Twitter posts are demanding that Brandi goes too.  Brandi really screwed herself.

If they have renewed the franchise, I dont see that happening.  If Brandi is fired, I dont see Stephanie coming back.  Which leaves Dandra, Cary and Kam.

But if Brandi comes back, then I suspect she will get slammed for her racist views, lack of apology and "poor me you're so mean to point out I'm racist" pity tour.

• Love 8

Leeann shot herself in the foot and Brandi isn't much better, but let's see what the new cast dynamic looks like.  Sounds like they might've finally made some good decisions here.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

This article says next season cast not confirmed - and Bravo is not even confirming there will be a next season.

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/tv/2020/02/26/whats-next-for-leeanne-locken-the-controversial-woman-who-quit-real-housewives-of-dallas/

I really do hope they bring this back. I follow Kam on IG and noticed she has included this one girl I went to HS with in her posts and stories. I was kind of hoping she would be pulled into being one of the cast (would be interesting to see!) I am glad to hear Leanne won;'t be back. As entertaining as she can be, she was also exhausting to watch this past season. 

• Love 4

I hope this show is back as well.

And even without Leanne’s comments about Kary/Mexicans, I also did find her exhausting this season (and I say this as someone who enjoyed her in the precious 2 seasons).

• Love 4

Rumors are that Bravo is now paying by the episode, and greatly reducing the money that some of the housewives have received. Bravo may have also eliminated some of the perks.

Still, of all the franchises, I think the Dallas and Atlanta housewives are the most desperate for the money. I think that only a few of them are wealthy enough to do without the show's income (Bethanny, Lisa V.) 

Does anyone know what Dallas' ratings were for the most recent season?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

Are the Dallas HWs desperate for money? Most of them seem to be doing well, even if it isn't on the level of Bethanny or LVP.

I think the only ones desperate for money are Leanne and Deandra. The rest seem to be very wealthy and may not need the money as much as those other two. 

• Love 7

I think many housewives posture as being wealthy, but in actuality are not, or are simply well-to-do. The recession hurt lots of businesses, people borrowed too much when credit was easy and cheap...that kind of thing is always in the back of my mind.

I never believe what they are selling.

• Love 2

Well for Dallas, most of these women are pretty wealthy. Or they live in areas where the wealthy people live! I'm in the Dallas area and know about where they all live, and it's very expensive, especially where Kam and Stephanie live. 

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Love 4
On 2/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, heatherchandler said:

This is an older post but I'm catching up on the Leanne gossip. I watched SATC multiple times and she actually said she ran down the "the Korean." I remember because she was in her bra when she gave the juice to Aiden and he asked if she went down dresses like that. Yay my useless SATC knowledge is useful! 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Something tells me she doesn't really understand what Earth Day is.  Shocking, I know.

Maybe she though the carbon emissions expended by a private jet were offset by the millions of Americans not getting into their car and driving to work every day

• Love 4
On 4/28/2020 at 11:37 PM, tabloidlover said:

Kam and LeeAnne have both done lives on Instagram recently where they said they are still friends. In fact, LeeAnne did one the other day where she implied that Court and Kam felt bad about how their response to her comments were portrayed on the show. I don’t know if that’s true but I guess it tracks with how they both acted at LeeAnne’s anniversary drive by.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, Hiyo said:

To me, Dallas seems one of the overall better-off franchises.

I agree. Much as I love BH, I really enjoy that the Dallas cast isn't full of actresses. To me it can be more interesting learning what the lives of beautiful, glamorous women we don't know are like. Someone like D'Andra Simmons, this gorgeous woman who was a debutante and her mother is even a character, perfect for this franchise imo.

I really hope we get more RHOD int the future. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Ouch. This makes me super-duper upset for Stephanie & Brandi; what kind of dirty dogs are their husbands to be so openly flaunting their side pieces in public like this?!
Also makes me upset that these little blondes would give those married shlubs the time of day; talk about classic golddiggers & classic midlife crisis suburban hubbies. Even if these guys *aren’t* having a romantic evening out with these gals(hah!), it’s just completely inappropriate and disrespectful to their wives for them to be dining out like that with other women, especially younger ones who look like...THAT.

I’ll never understand the moronic RH husbands/partners who actually think they can get away with cheating. 

C4B94E23-69E5-40FA-9DB7-635C19D569F8.jpeg

Edited by Sun-Bun
49 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Good job on the social distancing.  They should all be dead in about two weeks.

Seriously, not knowing the difference between 6 inches and six feet is astounding. Sitting really close to someone you haven’t been quarantined with if fine because the restaurant is open?
Such jerks:

1. For being out with other women and

2. For not using common sense in starting to get the economy and life moving again. Jerks like this are the reason I will be stuck at home for who knows how long because I’m high risk.

The vast majority of people are being cautious and responsible, it just takes a couple of idiots....

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

it just takes a couple of idiots....

All it really takes is one.

And then I guess these clowns go back home to their wives, who may or may not care if they're cheating, but worse, to their kids. Who we now know aren't immune to this. So . . . good luck.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:18 PM, biakbiak said:

Can anyone be this wrapped up in their own little bubble?

Yup. She’s one of *many* current Real Housewives who are rather pathetically stuck in their white privileged bubbles right now, unfortunately. Honestly though, I’m not remotely surprised.

• Love 2

Kameron did make a post about not being a politician or an expert but wanting to become educated on everything going on right now and that what happened to George Floyd and many others is horrific. I know she can come across as a silly little woman in her own bubble (part of her charm lol), but I do think she has a heart and I liked that she was honest in her post. She isn't pretending to be super woke or have the answers, but I believe she does care. 

• Love 5