Type keyword(s) to search

RH of Dallas in the media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Do not reference any politicians or other elected officials. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Well since I never said anything to the contrary you do you.

I was just kidding -- my cheeky sense of humor sometimes cannot be chained. 🙂

(There's no win.)

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

CDAN's blind text says that despite what Brandi (and Stephanie) call it -- wellness -- Brandi is in rehab. They are calling her out for being disingenuous, not treating their blind as breaking news.

But people always use euphemisms for rehab. CDAN is full of shit, I am not dying she is not in rehab they just frequently take commonly known shit and make a stupid blind item about it for clicks.

Topic for a slow RHoD Monday:

http://news.lalate.com/2020/01/12/leeanne-locken-supportive-costar-slams-her-as-irrelevant-exclusive/

I'm going to caveat this by saying I know nothing about LA Late or how reliable their info is, but, for fun, does anyone care to weigh in on who they think the on screen "supportive cast member" is?

I assume we can safely rule out both Kari and D'Andra because neither has been "on screen supportive" this year.

Considering Brandi is at a Wellness Center/In rehab/"away", it seems less likely it's her, so that leaves Kam and Stephanie.

Considering how involved Travis has been on SM lately (with his various shots at Kam), I'm leaning towards Stephanie. But, the bigger shock factor would be caused by Kameron. So, I don't know...

51% chance it's Stephanie

49% chance it's Kam

• LOL 1

But what about those cast members on screen who have appeared to be LeeAnne Locken’s supporters last season?

So the writer is NOT referring to the season that's currently showing, yes? I didn't watch much of the previous season and cannot recall who was supportive of LeeAnne.

Maybe Brandi contacted LaLate before she went to rehab.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

So the writer is NOT referring to the season that's currently showing, yes? I didn't watch much of the previous season and cannot recall who was supportive of LeeAnne.

Maybe Brandi contacted LaLate before she went to rehab.

Hmm. I took it that the writer meant "last season" as the season that has just now concluded.  But you could be right.

Last season (season 3), I only remember Kam as supportive of Lee-Anne. Season 4, I remember Brandi sticking up for her about the dress stuff, and generally Steph and Brandi were less jabby in their THs towards her.

This is based on nothing except my intuition, but at the reunion, I saw Lee-Anne turning to Brandi a few times when she was attempting to explain herself. There was something in the whole exchange that read to me that Lee-Anne was not expecting the reaction she got from Brandi, like she considered her an ally or something. But just pure speculation on my part there. So, yes, maybe it was Brandi!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Topic for a slow RHoD Monday:

http://news.lalate.com/2020/01/12/leeanne-locken-supportive-costar-slams-her-as-irrelevant-exclusive/

I'm going to caveat this by saying I know nothing about LA Late or how reliable their info is, but, for fun, does anyone care to weigh in on who they think the on screen "supportive cast member" is?

I assume we can safely rule out both Kari and D'Andra because neither has been "on screen supportive" this year.

Considering Brandi is at a Wellness Center/In rehab/"away", it seems less likely it's her, so that leaves Kam and Stephanie.

Considering how involved Travis has been on SM lately (with his various shots at Kam), I'm leaning towards Stephanie. But, the bigger shock factor would be caused by Kameron. So, I don't know...

51% chance it's Stephanie

49% chance it's Kam

I say Stephanie... this has Travis's sticky fingers all over it!

• Love 4
On 1/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, Sew Sumi said:

So, enlighten me. What is a "therapeutic healing center?" Is that code for rehab, or am I over reaching?

I am thinking spa.  A place to hide, drink wine, get a massage and hope the story dies.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Apparently Mama Dee, Caroline Manzo, Tinsley Mortimer’s mother Dale, and Porsha Williams mom all filmed a pilot for a reality show called Mama knows best. It never aired because they fought too much, haha. 

D’Andra claims Leeanne basically begged her to join RHOD- she said Leeanne really needed the money and thought having a Dallas debutante would make the show more successful. She even begged Mama Dee to encourage D’andra to do it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Wow, just so many things wrong with that video and the comment underneath. 

The main takeaway is anyone who didn't find it funny is a bullying asshole?

I think what's bugging me the most is her insistence that she was making fun of herself by pretending to be Asian -- just follow that to its logical conclusion Brandi. Maybe take a second to think about what it must feel like to be a member of a group whose physical features and accent would be "hilarious" to have. Why is it funny?

I don't even follow this stuff much, but I did see some people of Asian descent take the time to post their stories about how they have been hurt by such comments, especially in childhood. Are those people also assholes for sharing their experiences and making her feel bad? 

She had a chance there to really apologize, and promise to do better, but she doesn't seem to understand or care that she hurt and offended people.  She seemed more upset that the video resurfaced than she did about having made it in the first place. FAIL.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I have to walk the dog.  So here's a quick thought:

White woman tears.

I was watching it on my phone, so the screen was small, but were there any actual tears? Or was it more of the tearless crying we see so much of on these shows? (Serious question)

• Love 1

It's a phrase I heard for the first time in the last year.

If I understand it correctly, white woman tears means that historically, white women cry when they get caught being racist.  They cry and we feel sorry for them and we judge less harshly.

Here's an actual definition:

Rather, “White woman tears” refers to the common use of crying and other expressions of distress by White women as a means of weaponizing the privilege inherent in Whiteness and exerting the full power of White womanhood as a class historically designated as delicate, racially superior beings in need of protection.

I dont think she learned anything about what she did.  It really was all about how mean people are, bullying, we dont know her heart and it's been hard on me.

She really spent little to no time on the how and why what she did was wrong.  "It was malicious to sit on the video and release it", yet no ownership of her doing the video in the first place.  I dont disagree that the releasing of the video was nasty.  But Brandi!  You!  Made the video.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

C596A935-9A00-4891-8D2F-E54286A9D5EC.jpeg

Seriously...

This picture makes me think of my own conundrum, my husband and I are invited to a wedding, the bride is Indian, the groom is not.  I went to the engagement party and all the Indian women were wearing traditional sari's and such,...I did some on line research about a non Indian wearing a sari at an Indian event, lots of mixed answers but there were a lot of "if you wear a cocktail dress you will look out of place," sort of answers.  Part of me would love to buy a gorgeous sari but I would not want to piss off anyone at the wedding, for now I am thinking I am going to accessorize with some Indian style earrings and bracelets and a long pink and gold scarf to wear with my LBD, I think it may be the safe choice.

Do we know where these HW's are going? Maybe the host of what ever event encouraged them?  It is a fine line between appropriating a culture and an invite that encourages wearing traditional clothing.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This picture makes me think of my own conundrum, my husband and I are invited to a wedding, the bride is Indian, the groom is not.  I went to the engagement party and all the Indian women were wearing traditional sari's and such,...I did some on line research about a non Indian wearing a sari at an Indian event, lots of mixed answers but there were a lot of "if you wear a cocktail dress you will look out of place," sort of answers.  Part of me would love to buy a gorgeous sari but I would not want to piss off anyone at the wedding, for now I am thinking I am going to accessorize with some Indian style earrings and bracelets and a long pink and gold scarf to wear with my LBD, I think it may be the safe choice.

Do we know where these HW's are going? Maybe the host of what ever event encouraged them?  It is a fine line between appropriating a culture and an invite that encourages wearing traditional clothing.

I don't think wearing this is necessarily disrespectful, it's that Brandi wrote "working at the car wash." 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I totally missed that comment, yikes!

It is just so insane to me that someone would write that!

And to your other point, I think if you are going to an Indian wedding, a sari would be nice, since it is sort of a celebration of customs, and they are purposely including you in that celebration.  I think it's ok to wear something from another culture as long as you are wearing it with a sense of respect and not just wearing it to mock it. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think wearing this is necessarily disrespectful, it's that Brandi wrote "working at the car wash." 

I don't see the comment as disrespectful.  There's a term for that kind of comment but I can't come up with it.  It'd be like me wearing a cocktail dress, my kid asking me where I was going, and I say I'm going to clean the basement. 

Sarcasm?  Here's your sign? 

• Love 1

My mom (who is white) went to an Indian wedding (in India!) and wore a sari. All of the women there, both the Indian and non-Indian women were encouraged to wear saris. My mom got actually got hers in India right before the wedding and it was beautiful. I agree with @heatherchandler that it's probably ok to wear as a sign of respect and not in a mocking way. Maybe Brandi and Stephanie were going to an Indian wedding?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I don't see the comment as disrespectful.  There's a term for that kind of comment but I can't come up with it.  It'd be like me wearing a cocktail dress, my kid asking me where I was going, and I say I'm going to clean the basement. 

Sarcasm?  Here's your sign? 

They said that because a lot of Indian people own gas stations/car washes.  You think that's a-ok? 

I don't think it is a reach to see this as disrespectful.

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

My mom (who is white) went to an Indian wedding (in India!) and wore a sari. All of the women there, both the Indian and non-Indian women were encouraged to wear saris. My mom got actually got hers in India right before the wedding and it was beautiful. I agree with @heatherchandler that it's probably ok to wear as a sign of respect and not in a mocking way. Maybe Brandi and Stephanie were going to an Indian wedding?

I just don't understand why she thought the "car wash" comment is ok.

3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

giphy.gif

I'm not digging for this stuff, it is all over twitter.  I f-ing hate Brandi but she's digging her own hole.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

They said that because a lot of Indian people own gas stations/car washes.  You think that's a-ok? 

First I've heard of it.  I live in the rural Midwest.  The Indians around here are mostly physicians.  Gas stations are all a part of chains.  No clue who owns the car washes.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

First I've heard of it.  I live in the rural Midwest.  The Indians around here are mostly physicians.  Gas stations are all a part of chains.  No clue who owns the car washes.

It’s a stereotype, like Apu on the Simpsons.  I also know many Indian doctors, lawyers, bankers, etc. but the “joke” is that Indians own car washes, gas stations and kwik-e-marts.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ask the bride.

• Love 5

Am I the only one who is a little disappointed that Brandi and Stephanie are just going forward with their tour as if nothing happened? Literally, sold out shows. I’m disappointed that people can so easily overlook such disrespectful behavior (Brandi) and enabling (Stephanie) but I guess when it doesn’t affect you personally... (granted, I am generalizing here but I imagine their demographic for the podcast is not a lot of people/women of color). 

Edited to add relatedly: here’s D’Andra being D’Andra.

Yikes! 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Am I the only one who is a little disappointed that Brandi and Stephanie are just going forward with their tour as if nothing happened? Literally, sold out shows. I’m disappointed that people can so easily overlook such disrespectful behavior (Brandi) and enabling (Stephanie) but I guess when it doesn’t affect you personally... (granted, I am generalizing here but I imagine their demographic for the podcast is not a lot of people/women of color). 

Edited to add relatedly: here’s D’Andra being D’Andra.

Yikes! 

Already thought this but what a bitch!

• Love 2
On 1/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, AuntiePam said:

It’s a well known stereotype. While I am from NYC & LA, and many are doctors, engineers, etc (of course, as with many ethnic groups) that stereotype is alive and well (as said above, think Apu from the Simpsons). And, while a stereotype,  most of the 7-11 type stores and gas stations in both the NY and LA areas I have lived in are run by and/or employ Indians or those of SE Asian descent.

basically, Brandi is a POS and my opinion of Stephanie has fallen so low for enabling this trashy bitch.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
Grammar
  • Love 8

I think LeeAnne is definitely gone, but Brandi will be back.   Mainly because the Bravo website and the gossip magazines are hitting the "Brandi tearfully apologizes" mantra. 

They ignore what that 11 minute video really was--a pinch of "I'm sorry", with a heavy hand of "wow is me".

Most people on social media got how lame it is.  She got lambasted when it first came out.  Brandi has her fans though.  In their minds she has apologized enough, what LeeAnne did is completely different, Brandi is the victim here and no one else.

Also.  D'andre is shitting all over Cary Deuber now.  Apparently.  Mrs. Deuber also has a skin care line......made at a medical grade facility.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/champagneandshade.com/2020/01/24/rhod-dandra-cary-podcast/amp/

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 2
On 1/18/2020 at 8:10 AM, pasdetrois said:

I'm not holding my breath waiting for forgiveness from a drunken racist jerk who is painting herself as the victim in this scenario.

I am really beginning to think the Real Housewives shows had 2 goals in mind when created.  

1) Out all the racist, stupid, wealthy people state by state, maybe a nice one gets in occasionally

2) provide perps for the FBI since so many have gotten in trouble for fraud

On 1/22/2020 at 7:37 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I totally missed that comment, yikes!

THIS is why I am not on the Stephanie love train.  I think she is just as awful in real life as the others.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am really beginning to think the Real Housewives shows had 2 goals in mind when created.  

1) Out all the racist, stupid, wealthy people state by state, maybe a nice one gets in occasionally

2) provide perps for the FBI since so many have gotten in trouble for fraud

THIS is why I am not on the Stephanie love train.  I think she is just as awful in real life as the others.  

I think we are judged by the friends we keep, and Brandi is her best friend, so. ...

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think we are judged by the friends we keep

Was coming here to say exactly this.  My mother used to tell me all the time, "Show me your friends, and I'll tell you who you are."

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Stephanie gives me good vibes. She seems so gentle and sweet.

I think Stephanie has gotten over on people for years by seeming so gentle and sweet.  You can keep being sweet if you have a henchwoman who acts out all your nasty impulses for you while your own hands stay clean.

• Love 8

I think the video I posted above shows is exactly who Stephanie is. A petty follower. Cary Deuber confirmed as much on Twitter. I’ve been saying it for a while. I just don’t believe she’s as sugary sweet as she wants to portray. Her husband also posts things on social media that piss me off. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think we are judged by the friends we keep, and Brandi is her best friend, so. ...

I don't disagree with this, but I do think there are other factors that determine who our closest friends become. Sometimes those friends that say and do awful things sometimes have still been there for us during trying times, sometimes more so than the so-called perfect people out there. I've also known some really sweet people who have awful judgment when it comes to others. A dear friend of mine has been hurt by so many friends that she's become very leery of making new ones, especially women friends. She has a huge heart, just terrible at reading people. 

4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Was coming here to say exactly this.  My mother used to tell me all the time, "Show me your friends, and I'll tell you who you are."

I think Stephanie has gotten over on people for years by seeming so gentle and sweet.  You can keep being sweet if you have a henchwoman who acts out all your nasty impulses for you while your own hands stay clean.

LOL That reminds me of Lisa Vanderpump, who I enjoy (even girl crush on cause she's so fabulous), but I never saw as Saint Lisa. 

With Stephanie, she truly seems sweet. She isn't intrusive. I don't see her stirring the pot then backing away. She doesn't spread malicious info about other housewives. She doesn't snap at others. She's not the most comfortable with confrontation, but I don't think that's due to phoniness. She's battling depression, a sensitive person, appears to be a people pleaser, and not the most confident.

2 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think the video I posted above shows is exactly who Stephanie is. A petty follower. Cary Deuber confirmed as much on Twitter. I’ve been saying it for a while. I just don’t believe she’s as sugary sweet as she wants to portray. Her husband also posts things on social media that piss me off. 

Are you referring to the video with D'andra? I had a hard time hearing what Stephanie said. I don't follow her husband on Twitter, but I've seen posts here about it. I don't remember who said what first between him and Cameron. If he's defending himself and his wife, that's fine imo. Now if he's just being catty and getting into stuff that's got nothing to do with him, I agree that is not a gentlemanly move. Travis strikes me as an alpha male. Stephanie's not the alpha female much of the rest of the cast is, or even Lisa Vanderpump. If she's faking this whole sweet, gentle image, she's the true genius of the franchise imo. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1