Type keyword(s) to search

RH of Dallas in the media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Do not reference any politicians or other elected officials. 

• Start Topic

Miami is supposed to return sometime this year, so I guess we'll never know with Dallas. 

I was also a LeeAnne fan until her last season, but I agree it would be hard to tell whether or not she's grown. It's not like she was making racist or xenophobic comments before Kary. Not making them without Kary doesn't prove anything. Bad jokes and foot-in-mouth situations are one thing. She just made so many comments, so I can see the hesitancy with bringing her back. If she really did show growth, I'd be open to her returning. I think my soft spot for her was because I see her as this hurt little girl inside. It doesn't excuse her behavior, but in the words of Socrates "Those who are hardest to love need it the most." 

Maybe I'm naive, but I do think Brandi genuinely felt bad once she realized she hurt people. I've known many racists in my life, and they're not really the type to say sorry, cry, be concerned with offending again. It's more of a kiss my ass vibe, and yes, some people remain that way even after public shaming. I think Brandi's just not the brightest. Her humor has always been childish, so I think she really has no clue what is offensive. I think that's why she was so weird with Tiffany. It wasn't Tiffany's problem, and I remember feeling so bad for Tiffany during the episode where they're having dinner and Brandi acts like Tiffany did something wrong. I think Brandi is that ignorant though. I prefer someone ignorant over someone who's just a bitch.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8

I blame Kam and the dbag Westcott family. They made it so toxic and took shit too far. Should’ve just booted them all except D’andra but I guess it is what it is. I did like Dallas tho.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Brandi's just not the brightest. Her humor has always been childish, so I think she really has no clue what is offensive. 

This. 
I’ve missed the last two seasons due to life but I’m with you on this. Brandi isn’t that bright and  lacks a lot of awareness including that of self and when enough is enough. Like remember the dog poop prank in S1? Or the sex toy? She has to keep going on and on and on. 
She also lacks some social cues which I’m curious if there’s some ADD/ADHD combined with some inner stressors/life stuff or trauma. Because from the beginning she’s come off very stunted to me. 
Stephanie participated in the antics but on her own knows when it shut it off. Brandi lacks that.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Marley said:

I blame Kam and the dbag Westcott family. They made it so toxic and took shit too far. Should’ve just booted them all except D’andra but I guess it is what it is. I did like Dallas tho.

Ditto. I agree that D'Andra could have continued the show. She's interesting, has self-awareness, but she can't carry Dallas on her shoulders. Even though I loved the show, tbh, I wasn't a huge fan of any of the cast members as individuals other than Stephanie.

I used to be a Kameron fan, but she lost me after the way she and her family treated Tiffany.

Even though I felt bad for Tiffany dealing with racism among the cast, I didn't love her on the show. She put down her mother way too much. Get therapy girl. Blasting your family in every other scene isn't going to help you. 

Kary needed to calm the heck down. Who throws a woman who can't swim into the pool? I didn't like her destroying property, but she could have seriously injured Tiffany.

I don't hate Brandi the way most do, because like I said above, I think she really just doesn't know better. I feel like she's not cut out for the show for a number of reasons though. Besides not knowing better, she has way too much to deal with. I think the show really would stress her out right now. 

Shame, the show was fun while it lasted. 

• Love 7
On 8/18/2021 at 1:35 AM, Marley said:

I am out of the loop on this. 

What did Kam and the Westcotts do ?

• Love 3

I liked RHOD too!  It just got a little overheated there during this last season.

Think it's funny that the RHOBH bitches were really proud they'd snagged Crystal "the FIRST Asian-American on the franchises" and I thought, "What about Tiffany Moon in Dallas?  She's a DOCTOR for cryin' out loud!"

They finally stopped.

I don't think it was helpful  when Kam's husband, brother-in-law, and various other varmits started with the whole bullshit Tiffany bullying.   Just THINK of it this way?  You are a PHYSICIAN. An MD. You have a practice.  You go on some BS reality show and one of your castmates starts IG-ing, posting on FB and generally throwing shit at your PROFESSIONALISM.  BY some rich-ass, dumbshit "society fambly".

Time to go. Quickly.

If I see Kam at Neiman's, I'll laugh to myself. What a phony.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

For all their desperate pretentious posturing, the Westcotts are common trash.

48 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I have more of a problem with Kam and her ilk than I ever did with Brandi. 

Same, and Kameron used to be a favorite of mine. 

I found these.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3492754/rhod-canceled-brandi-redmond-kameron-westcott-racist-behavior/

https://meaww.com/why-rhod-real-housewives-dallas-not-returning-next-year-s-6-hiatus-fans-blame-kameron-westcott-racist

• Love 1

I liked LeeAnn, I came to like Kam and I never liked Brandi. 

NONE of them should be on tv.  Brandi should have been fired right along with LeeAnn.  Kam should have been fired before they announced the show was done, just on principle. 

I'm disappointed the show isn't coming back because the briefly announced new Dallas housewives, seemed amazing.  I would have come back to that (if Brandi finally has been fired and Kam fired for this season's aftermath).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/22/2021 at 3:45 PM, dosodog said:

I liked LeeAnn, I came to like Kam and I never liked Brandi. 

NONE of them should be on tv.  Brandi should have been fired right along with LeeAnn.  Kam should have been fired before they announced the show was done, just on principle. 

I'm disappointed the show isn't coming back because the briefly announced new Dallas housewives, seemed amazing.  I would have come back to that (if Brandi finally has been fired and Kam fired for this season's aftermath).

I agree with this fan tweet:

"All signs were leading to a reboot with D’Andra, Tiffany & Kameron, alongside 3 newbies. But following Kamerons actions at the reunion and on social media, the network could not move forward. #bravotv." 

I think they initially though they'd use the Westcott vs Tiffany drama as story for the show then realized you know what, they really crossed the line too much for Kameron to continue. They probably figured man, we've casted several women who the fans either just don't find likable or are deeply offended by. We have no idea if they'll tune in for a bunch of newbies, D'Andra, and a one-season housewife.

I think if the show had two strong anchors, like we used to have on BH with LVP and Kyle, maybe they would have continued the show with several newbies. It's just hard to tell if the audience would be interested in an almost entirely new cast. 

• Love 7
On 8/19/2021 at 5:13 AM, Bossa Nova said:

I am out of the loop on this. 

What did Kam and the Westcotts do ?

Social media attacks on Tiffany from the whole family - look back a page or two on this thread and you can read all about it!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

There’s literally nothing about Brandi, let alone this rumor, anywhere. It’s weird to just drop something like that and run. Not buying it, sorry.

Well in all fairness didn't her husband have a baby (the red headed baby they "adopted') with another woman?  Maybe it is her turn to do so...lol.

(edited)
On 6/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

It’s weird to just drop something like that and run.

I didn't run. Some of us have jobs, families, homes to maintain, elderly family members with dementia, etc. and take time away from these forums.

A friend who was an NFL cheerleader follows Brandi and is keyed in to a former-cheerleader network. She sent me the link and I am unable to find it again. It was not a typical social media site. The post read as if Brandi is exacting revenge on Brian for HIS affair that produced the baby that Brian and Brandi adopted. It read as if an insider with information is tattling.

Time may tell if the post is true.

ETA: CDAN has the item now.  Not the link I read originally.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2022/06/blind-item-13_20.html

And here: http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2022/JUNE.html    Item 244

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 5

I'm very late to the party. I have been out of the Dallas loop and didn't realize the show wasn't returning. I'm kind of bummed. I liked most of the cast and the Dallas scene. Oh well. 

• Like 3