Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Spoilers, Previews, Gossip

• Start Topic

Ugh, it's happening.  My city is now going to be shown as an idiot city, which it is not.  I was a loyal RHW follower up until last year and now I have bailed on most of them and just don't see them as must watch shows anymore.  I don't live IN Dallas but I was reared about an hour from there.  I am currently about an hour from Dallas now and it will be cool to see all the landmarks but I'm sure these women will make Dallas look foolish like the rest of the women from other cities.  

I saw Courtney Kerr commenting on the show on one of our news stations here and she is just as annoying as she was on "Courtney Does Dallas" or whatever her damn show was called.  She is on a radio station that I used to listen to but since she is now on there in the afternoons I just can't listen to her.  

I will be so happy when the RHW franchise is dead and gone.

• Love 1

Lordy it looks so boring.  The only reason I will even try to watch is that I am a Dallas girl and want to see my familiar locations.  I'm actually a country girl that grew up outside of Dallas in a very rural area and now still live in a rural area east of Dallas but I am in Dallas at least 2-3 times a month. 

I've watched all the RH and followed some fairly loyally and discarded a few. But I've given all the franchises a chance.

Not...interested in this franchise...at ....all. 

Sorry, Texas. I just cant take that sun belt high pitched voice dim witted version of tired and cliched one dimensional femininity. Never could. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

Sorry, Texas. I just cant take that sun belt high pitched voice dim witted version of tired and cliched one dimensional femininity. Never could. 

I don't blame you.  I'm from here and that persona grates to my very core.  I am a "real" cowgirl and I HATE when they ALWAYS portray Dallas as a cowboy/cowgirl city.  There is nothing about Dallas that is rural, nothing!  Most Dallasites wouldn't know a horse from a cow.  I actually have to drive through Dallas a lot with my horse trailer to get to get to a rodeo or to my vet in Grand Prairie and it is a nightmare to try to navigate in that city. Rrrrrr!

• Love 3

I'm from texas and don't mind the stereotypes, but the trailer looks very dull regardless of what they went with. Texas is a very diverse state and I wish they'd shown that if only because these ladies as a whole seem dull. They have Married to Medicine: Houston coming up and that show literally has an even mix of Asian, black and white cast members from what I saw. I can't believe they went so generic on this one. These women come off as one season wonders from RHOC. I'm going to give the first episode a shot and hope it's better than that initial trailer showed, but I'm not incredibly hopeful.

• Love 1

I wonder why they didn't film it in Dallas. I know the reunions are normally filmed in hotel ballrooms. We have the Omni hotel, hotel Zaza and many more. Also, what's up with Rich's eye? Didn't dodge a LeeAnn stiletto in time?

They did the same thing with RH of Potomac's reunion a few months ago...all the ladies schlepped to NY, versus it being filmed in DC.  Maybe Andy doesn't feel like investing that much time/energy in the first season?