Type keyword(s) to search

People in charge (supposedly)

I cared even if I didn't like some of her stories. Her leaving school/Bway was done remarkably bad. But I think she was humbled in season 6 enough for me even though I think they should have shown more growth with interacting with the new students.

In the end they writers were lazy and would go for the joke or jokey situation over the development of the character.

What really gets me is that they only had half a season for season 6 and they wasted so much of it on stupid Sue storylines so we we were robbed of a truly satisfying conclusion. But considering how bad/lazy the writers were at writing characters with any true consistency or believable growth I shouldn't have expected a well rounded story arc.

Glee taught me one very important lesson, i.e. never ever again to watch anything written by Ryan, Ian or Brad. I have blacklisted them permanently.

• Love 5

Season 6 actually started out ok (not great, but ok) and had potential which just fell apart as the season went on. But, as with most things Ryan related, it starts out strong then falls apart. Hell, even anthology shows like American Horror Story and Scream Queens, which are only supposed to a half-season long story and should be something Ryan can deliver, sometimes fall apart by the end.

• Love 1

So in effect RM will be straddling two networks since he is not leaving FOX and his existing series will continue on their various networks. I don't think that the latter would be letting go easily (i.e. cheaply) of their rights over successful shows like AHS, 9-1-1, Feud or ACS. I don't even know how or if it would be possible under the provisions of his production agreement(s) with FOX.

What may happen is him delegating much of the day-to-day work for the existing series and concentrating his production energy on the new shows on Netflix, while remaining as an overall supervisory presence. Much like he did in the later seasons of Glee for example as he lost interest in the day-to-day production work and moved on to new ideas and projects to develop, turning many of the production duties over to his associates on the existing shows. The net result is that it will be difficult to operate our remote controls, devices or keyboards without hitting a RM series on our screens.

Edited by Florinaldo