Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Art Of War

It makes sense now why Pandy got her hair did and was putting on her good pearls.  She was about to be married to her God.

On the lighter side of things:  If Pandora pulls off a dress and accessories from her tree for Jenny to wear to the wedding, I'm going to fall on the floor.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 6
If you're referencing the moment they learned Danny didn't tell Abbie about Sophie, I respectfully disagree. When it was revealed that Danny had Sophie working undercover and had failed to tell Abbie, Crane's expression was that of utter shock. IMHO there was not even a hint of smugness on his face.

Yeah, I didn't see any smugness either. Especially since Crane sees how Daniel is grooming Abbie for "bigger and better things", and giving her more responsibilities, then this comes out about not being in the loop. Definitely shocked...and concerned

Loved this episode and can't wait for the mid-season finale. I think the show is foreshadowing a major meltdown for Abbie. Jenny called Abbie a control freak and this episode focuses on how little control Abbie has over everything in her life with the exception of Crane.

I've been speculating on this for a while - woman is overdue big time. She's gonna have a meltdown because there is only so much one can take. I actually found the use of the word "control freak" and Abbie acknowledging it pretty telling.

Well she did express concern over her cover being blown, stating that Reynolds was going to 'lose it' when he learned that her cover was blown. She sent them to find Jenny because she said that Nevins was not working alone and had likely had more people looking for her. I think as far as she knows Nevins is after Jenny because he's trying to get the Shard back or make her pay for stealing it. I really think she's oblivious to the supernatural stuff.

I forgot to add this, after I wrote it and shut down the computer. Another clue (to me) is that Sophie was adamant that they find Jenny ASAP. Now, if Jenny had the artifact in her possession, that all they had to do was call her on the phone, tell her to get out of dodge with the shard. Instead, Sophie tells her to find Jenny, knowing that Jenny is possessed. I could be wrong - we will definitely find out - but her reactions were not "Call Jenny and tell her to physically hide the shard and get out of here, she's gonna be chased by some thugs", it was "Get to Jenny' before Nevin's plan goes forth because Jenny absorbed the shard.

Also, looking back, I realized that she knew exactly who Crane was. Some guy creeping around her bosses area, she knows is not FBI, and she neither points a gun at him, and also allowed him to manhandle her and to get away. Again, FBI agent. We saw Abbie take down Danny last episode with ease. Sophie could have fought back, but didn't and let Crane go. Leads me to believe she knows more than we think. Again, I could be wrong. Just speculation. We'll see. But I love the debate and analysis!

I agree that this  was the plan since the beginning. To me, it was pretty obvious that Pandora wasn't just  throwing random monsters to the Witnesses. I know this show lost a lot of credit last season -rightfully-,  but I still think most of the things we're seeing will make sense in the long term.

That's what I love about this season - that we are all here debating the little clues and hints that are dropped here and there, wondering about Sophie, Jenny, Joe, Danny and Senator's role in this and what the bigger picture is. That Pandora had a bigger plan, and used the Destroyers to clean up after her messes (love that). That decisions and actions have long-term consequences now, that they never did in before - especially in season 2. Everything is building and I think it's wonderful. I watch HTGAWM after SH, and though SH lacks the sex, drugs and shady murders, it is similar in that you question everything and anything.

• Love 4

Uch, yes. It's not that the actors are bad, and Lord knows they're pretty, but I just can't get behind this chemistry. It's like watching first cousins being forced to be each other's dates to prom and slow spotlight dance to Breathe's Hands to Heaven or something. Just--my spine gets all crepe-papery at the notion.

Exactly. The actors did a decent job, but the chemistry is not quite right. At least not yet. I also think this relationship is a transparent attempt at replacing Ichabbie in the fandom and, while that's understandable and probably the best thing they can do, the execution was very clumsy and insufficiently developed. I hope they do a better job in the next episodes.

Words are thrown out and seemingly forgotten - Pandora hasn't said "dowry" since the first episode -  and now suddenly we have Jenny kneeling before Zod (LOL).

My goodness, yes.  When Pandora told Jenny to kneel, I was like, "Who is this? Zod?!"

• Love 1

Congratulations to Tom Mison for having chemistry with everyone, including Joe, Sophie (woooooooow, that was hot!), the Alien Nation extras and random poor trees but having zero chemistry with Nichole Beharie. Ichabod/Abbie exchange in the end was waaaay forced, and Beharie's mind was elsewhere, it seemed.

I must say this version of Ichabod – awkward, brilliant and badass – is my favorite version of Ichabod.

Hmmm... Interesting. I will say that more and more, I see the Ichabbie chemistry in the friendship camp rather than straddling the line. But I disagree about the forced thing. The constant nagging about Zoe felt forced. This and the porch scene was when I really see them being friends who love and respect each other and are truly hearing what the other is saying. It felt like both of them were saying that's on their mind and it's one of those silly TV things of "we could have had this conversation weeks ago and been alright but we both didn't say anything." so I liked it. But this is a completely subjective thing anyway. I do agree that there was that "would you two like a room?" chemistry so if they go there I won't roll my eyes as hard as with the Zoe situation. It's certainly better than with Katrina.

Loved this episode and can't wait for the mid-season finale. I think the show is foreshadowing a major meltdown for Abbie. Jenny called Abbie a control freak and this episode focuses on how little control Abbie has over everything in her life with the exception of Crane. Jenny and Joe don't listen when she tells them to stay away from Nevins. As a result Jenny is taken away from Abbie, which will bring back memories of their childhood. Reynolds is testing/manipulating Abbie by dangling career advancement in front of her like a carrot and Sophie is revealed as FBI and part of an inner circle that excludes Abbie.

I certainly hope so! We are due for a mental breakdown. It could really go to interesting places. I just hope that the writers were brave enough to really go there with her and that the show will prove that it can deal with it, and dissent in the group without falling apart. I still kind of want Abbie to go bad...I would love it if she gave herself over to free Jenny from the evil duo.

I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season so far. We got forward movement on the main story line and got good interactions with main 4 characters. I liked the more personal moments between the respective pairs of characters (Jenny/Joe, Abbie Jenny, Joe/Crane etc.) and that there was a good mix of seriousness and humor. The lack of SBR and Zoe allowed the episode to breathe more IMO. I am glad they raised the stakes at the end of the episode and it seems like there should be a lot of action in the midseason finale.

I am interested in seeing the result of Sophia being an undercover agent. There will likely be a lot of conflict between Daniel and Abbie as they both were secretive about their actions. I hope there is more of a continued focus on Abbie's career as seemed to be teased tonight.  The Jenny/Joe stuff came up kind of suddenly, but I am guessing there will be a little bit of a reset with what is happening to Jenny. And the Crane/Abbie interactions were sweet, but like Indi said it is the same dynamic where Abbie is the one comforting Crane, and I would like to see more of him returning the sentiment in the future.

Overall though I liked the episode and hope we see a continuation of this next week and going forward the rest of the season.

Edited by vanarnd1
  • Love 2

I enjoyed Jenny and Joe. They have nice chemistry. I do kind of feel though that their kiss was more for the plot and drama than a true romantic connection between the characters.

I like Jenny and Joe as friends and sparring partners and allies (connected by the memory of Sheriff Corbin), but I do wonder if that scene would have been more  powerful, romantically speaking, if it had been between Jenny and Hawley from last season. They had palpable history and chemistry in that way.

I find Ichy less annoying around Joe, but their conversations need to be more than about their love lives (Jenny and Zoe).

It was about more than their love lives - they were talking about how much simpler life was for them when they were soldiers and all they had were the orders to be followed. 

Though I will say on a side note, I think that comment is particularly funny because for years people have been saying that about the Bechtel test and women's conversations in various programs (that female characters need to be able to talk about more than just their love lives). So maybe it's about time that men are relegated to talking about women for a scene or two, and in contrast the women of the show talk about business and badassery and every topic but men. LOL.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 7

I have to wonder if the investigation of Nevins is straightforward law enforcement work or if it originates in an X-files type special division that Daniels may or may not know about, in an "above his pay grade" sort of a way?

The minute Daniels started talking to his boss Michael O'Keefe at that birthday party, I thought, hmmm... there's going to be more to this story. They wouldn't bother using Michael O'Keefe for one puny scene.  *GRIN*   So while I was still very surprised that Sophie turned out to be an FBI agent, I was not surprised by the idea that Daniels knows more than he's letting on. I've been waiting for some sort of reveal like that. I just hope he and O'Keefe are the good guys. I'm tired of seemingly good characters betraying one another on shows.

Tom was extra handsome (the facial hair was on point) and even sexy in the Sophie altercation...

I loved how he was in shadow while he picked the lock. It was such a great camera shot, and Tom looked amazing in profile. Highly artistic camera moment! Loved it.

• Love 7

One of my favorite lines from this episode came from Joe:

"It's a Crane - Abbie special. One part history, one part magic... and a whole lotta crazy."

I'd say that pretty much sums up the style of the entire program. One part history, one part magic and whole lotta crazy. (But in a good way.)

And there's your new tagline for the show. (LOL.)

Another moment I loved:

When Abbie and Crane were on the phone and she told him to stay put, he said without hesitation, "Understood." And he obeyed her orders to the letter, waiting until her move had been completed to get the FBI agents to leave their stakeout post. I loved his unwavering trust and immediate response to her, like a soldier obeying his captain, and having Abbie as the one calling the shots and taking charge was fantastic.

• Love 7

From the recap:

Michael O'Keefe
Such a good choice for a character whose spot on the good-evil spectrum isn't clear from here yet. But then, he's always a good choice. His unsettled delivery of the line about Katy Perry is flawless.

Heeee. I also liked the reaction from Daniels when O'Keefe's character said that about the argument about Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. He looked at his boss, kind of like, "Um... I don't know how to answer that, sir." LOL.

Jessica Camacho is not getting the direction I feel she needs to avoid defaulting to "snotty Michelle Rodriguez," but she's improving.

HAAAAAA. I really love that description of Sophie. That is SO SPOT-ON. Nice one, Sarah D. Bunting!

• Love 3

I loved the inversion of the Bechdel tropes, and thought they were doing it on purpose. Made me laugh. I think the show is at its best when it is clever and funny mixed in with the horror and action.

I hated Hawley, though, and find the Jenny-Joe chemistry far more convincing.

• Love 3

A great episode, made better by the wonderful posts here.

I'd have been pinned more times than a donkey tail. Yowza.

LOL

[ich and Sophia] had a fire in that scene that is really lacking from any of the other attempts they've done with Ichabod and someone else.  Not sure if it was because the writing wasn't trying too hard here, or if Jessica Camacho is simply a better actress then Nikki Reed.

Both. The dialog was much snappier than anything with Boobsy, and Camacho delivered it like a pro.

Of course Jenny and Joe are much less complicated than Abbie and icahbod.  Did NOT see that kiss coming, but was kinda happy it did.

The Jenny stuff is really interesting.  Loving how much stuff Lyndie gets to do after being MIA so much last season.

JJ are less complicated -- they are more "straight-ahead" characters. To quote Faith fro BtVS, :Need. Take. Have." Also, the intellectual sparring between Crane and Abby vs the physical sparring between Joe and Jenny.

It's usually a lot better without them.

It's always better without Boobsy and Zoe (we need a nickname for her).

-Juxtaposition of the chess match and the sparring. It was great to see how both halves interact, compare and contrast. I also like when the show remembers that Abbie is a smarty-pants too.

-Joenny (I don't know if you can tell but I really like this ship name) both looked super in shape. Jenny in her boxing gear and Joe, I repeat my earlier sentiment: those arms...sigh.

The mix of the two were awesome.

Several of the posters have noticed Joe's arms. I'm in lust with Jenny's .. ahem... physical attributes too.  On display tonight without being pandering or icky.

Heeee. I also liked the reaction from Daniels when O'Keefe's character said that about the argument about Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. He looked at his boss, kind of like, "Um... I don't know how to answer that, sir." LOL.

How is this even a question. Swift is a much better singer and seems a better person.

• Love 1
I am interested in seeing the result of Sophia being an undercover agent. There will likely be a lot of conflict between Daniel and Abbie as they both were secretive about their actions. I hope there is more of a continued focus on Abbie's career as seemed to be teased tonight. 

I would like to see it against the bigger picture.

How does she feel about that? Does she feel hers and Jenny's dad leaving them was because she was not good enough? Does she believe Danny chose his job over their relationship and then repeated it to her face over and over again. because she was not good enough? I wonder if control freak Abbie now feels inadequate about both her career at FBI and her job as a Witness. Does she feel she's the only person in her entire group who is really underqualified? Ichabod was a soldier (in the Revolutionary War, no less!) and a spy. Jenny was a soldier of another, mystical, war or a very long time (and was closer to Corbin because of it). Joe was a soldier in a modern war. And Abbie was the Sheriff's Deputy and then got FBI training and was sent to work in her small city yet again. Abbie always had ambitions, and she was a "big fish in a small pond". And now Danny screwed her over about the case and withheld a vital information from her, while insisting she's awesome and reliable.

• Love 2

If so, I NEED a scene with Crane comforting Abbie and telling her how awesome she is. If we can tell he gets "the zigs" (TM Hotel Transylvania) during the conversation while not letting on to her, so much the better.

• Love 4

Why do you keep timing out on me PTV!!! when I go back and forth to quote!

Ichabod/Joe conversation:  Loved it and I do think men will reveal to another male they feel close to their deeper feelings.  I also highly doubt Joe was talking to Ichabod about Zoe.  It seemed clear to me by the way Joe looked up and glanced at the sisters, that his echoing of "talk to her" meant Abbie.

The kiss:  IMO, another misdirection of Joe & Jenny's earlier relationship that had a hidden clue.  Didn't August Corbin meet Abbie when she was a teenager?  Wasn't Jenny in and out of mental institutions during this time and Corbin went to see her during this time?  If so, then Joe and Jenny would have been of the right age to form a crush.  However, as per Jenny's conversation with Abbie on how Jenny framed her feelings for their father, Jenny could have well been calling Joe "family" and "brother" following her big sisters lead.

It's clear now why the show not only had Abbie join the FBI but have such a rapid rise.  This all happened when Abbie thought her witness duties (as well as Crane) were gone.  Abbie could then go to her default control freak position of being all about her career.  As I said before, I don't think Abbie's focus on career has anything to do with her being too strong for a man.  Again,, I think she's very vulnerable and the career is her control freak way of holding on to her sanity.  Abbie saw what happened to her mother and sister when "they" lost control.  IMO, this loss of control could be the answer to the question Pandora puzzled over when she visited Abbie in the hospital room. 

On the opposite side, I agree with the earlier poster I can't quote because PTV is acting all crazy on me, that Ichabod is drawn to women who remind him of the past.  I don't see these women as him really having a love life (outside of Katrina) but his way of keeping control of himself in the 21st century.  These women - IMO - are what Ichabod's clothing was to him in S1 - his connection to his past.  However, just like that clothing, he needs to shread them in order to move forward.  Interesting how that tablet guided Ichabod back home (i.e. Abbie).   Also note how Pandora used the term Napalutu (but it kept echoing) to describe Ichabod to Abbie yet said to Ichabod Abbie was his "lady friend".  Perhaps a clue to each subconscious state of mind?  

I saw a picture of Zod.  No wonder Pandora got dressed to impress for his arrival LOL. 

Can't wait for the fall finale.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 4

Thinking about Ichabbie. In this episode, Joe and Ichabod were talking about how much easier their lives were when they were soldiers. Ichabod understood that Joe has feelings for Jenny and told Joe to 'just talk to her'. More conversation, then Joe, who understood that Ichabod has feelings for Abbie, told Ichabod to take his own advice and 'just talk to her'. Fast forward to Joe telling Jenny he had something to talk to her about. Jenny said, 'What?' and Joe said 'This" and kissed her. This means to me that Joe was telling Ichabod to let Abbie know how he feels about her. CC & Company are telling us Ichabod has feelings for Abbie and Joe knows it. When Ichabod told Abbie that he didn't want her to leave him, she may not have known how to take that (because he has said that several times before)and fell back on the all-purpose 'We (Joe, Jenny and herself) aren't going anywhere.'

We may not see overt Ichabbie action, but we now know that Ichabod has feelings for Abbie.

• Love 8

The minute Daniels started talking to his boss Michael O'Keefe at that birthday party, I thought, hmmm... there's going to be more to this story. They wouldn't bother using Michael O'Keefe for one puny scene.

Signed on/off can quote again!  Yay!

Sleepy Hollow got rid of that Mason actor after one scene (tis a pity too) but I believe I read somewhere FBI Boss is indeed coming back.  It's about time the show had someone really high up in charge in on the strange happenings of this crazy town.  I said long ago "I" would have cast John Noble as the (Unknowingly to Ich/Abbie and perhaps even viewers) Evil  Mayor of Sleepy Hollow instead of the Crane's cranky son with mommy/daddy issues.  I don't know if FBI Boss is good or bad, but it does sound like S3 is taking the track of having someone BIG in on the deal.

• Love 3

Thinking about Ichabbie. In this episode, Joe and Ichabod were talking about how much easier their lives were when they were soldiers. Ichabod understood that Joe has feelings for Jenny and told Joe to 'just talk to her'. More conversation, then Joe, who understood that Ichabod has feelings for Abbie, told Ichabod to take his own advice and 'just talk to her'.

We also have the earlier seeminginly toss away lines of Joe advising Ichabod never to date any girl the Mills sisters set him up with followed with a laterscene of Abbie giving Ichabod the "ok" to date Zoe.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Visualize Misdirection is our clue for understanding what lies beneath the going ons of S3. 

• Love 4

I liked the storyline surrounding the MOTW & thought the way they were defeated was more interesting in this episode than how some of the MOTW were defeated in previous episodes this season. I also like that Abbie/Ichabod’s storyline is now converging with what Jenny/Joe were working on & that even though Pandora was only in the episode for a short time, her presence was still felt throughout it.

The best thing about the Sophie reveal for me was that it had nothing to do with her being a long lost Mills sister. Something like that could still happen I guess but when she was first introduced & I started seeing speculation that she could be a half-sister on their father’s side or from an unknown pregnancy that Mama Mills hid from Abbie & Jenny, I kept thinking I hope this show doesn’t do something that soap operaish. 

I want to see a well written confrontation between Abbie & Reynolds now that they both know they’ve been keeping important things from each other. A scene that Nicole & Lance really get to sink their teeth into which includes the writers actually giving Abbie words for her to verbally express what she is feeling when confronting Reynolds instead of what typically happens which is Nicole having to use mostly facial expressions to convey everything that Abbie might be feeling about a betrayal or something big that affects her life.

The writer of this episode, Joe Webb (a new writer to the show) & last week’s writer, Shernold Edwards (also a new writer to the show) managed to write Ichabod more like a human being & less cartoonish than a couple of writers from the old regime wrote him in earlier episodes this season, so I will give two of the new guard kudos for that & to Tom Mison for doing a good job with what he was given during these last two episodes.

Edited by Moonsky
  • Love 7

The kiss:  IMO, another misdirection of Joe & Jenny's earlier relationship that had a hidden clue.  Didn't August Corbin meet Abbie when she was a teenager?  Wasn't Jenny in and out of mental institutions during this time and Corbin went to see her during this time?  If so, then Joe and Jenny would have been of the right age to form a crush.  However, as per Jenny's conversation with Abbie on how Jenny framed her feelings for their father, Jenny could have well been calling Joe "family" and "brother" following her big sisters lead.

It's clear now why the show not only had Abbie join the FBI but have such a rapid rise.  This all happened when Abbie thought her witness duties (as well as Crane) were gone.  Abbie could then go to her default control freak position of being all about her career.  As I said before, I don't think Abbie's focus on career has anything to do with her being too strong for a man.  Again,, I think she's very vulnerable and the career is her control freak way of holding on to her sanity.  Abbie saw what happened to her mother and sister when "they" lost control.  IMO, this loss of control could be the answer to the question Pandora puzzled over when she visited Abbie in the hospital room. 

Can't wait for the fall finale.

I could see Joe having had a crush on Jenny but I very much doubt she had one on him. He would just still have been baby Corbin to her. If he was still at a baby-sitting age when Abbie was towards the end of her high school days...I can't imagine he would have been more than a little brat to her. Even a year in age gap seems gigantic at those ages.

I cannot agree more that Abbie is not, nor has ever been IMO, a woman who doesn't need a man.

I saw a picture of Zod.  No wonder Pandora got dressed to impress for his arrival LOL.

Since most people seem to find her boring, how about Z-z-z-zoe?

These are why I need you guys in my life. I might or might not have laughed super loud in the library when reading both of these.

I cannot agree more that Abbie is not, nor has ever been IMO, a woman who doesn't need a man.

I don't think Abby (or any other woman) needs a man ("a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle").  I do think that she would like a man.

• Love 5

I agree. She does not present as either asexual or aromantic, and as such one would assume she would be open to sexual and romantic relationships as those opportunities come up, accepting and refusing as she wishes.

I agree she instead appears to close herself off from romance, if not sex (thanks Danny!), and I 100% agree that we, the audience, need an in-depth exploration of why that is. Actual plot and character progression over time, not subtext only or an explanation of a few minutes. Hopefully the intent of the writers is that she will eventually trust someone enough to open up to having one with them. (Three guesses whom I'd like that to happen with....)

• Love 3

And, moving to Fridays?  Hopefully not opposite Grimm, but hey, we can record more than one show at a time.

I can't!  So I don't want it opposite Amazing Race either, since I'm probably going to be working Friday nights for some time to come.

I don't think Abby (or any other woman) needs a man ("a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle").  I do think that she would like a man.

Oh, I agree with you on the needing front. But since people most often refer to the trope of the (black) woman who is so strong that she doesn't need help, and therefore is never shown to be valued or supported by male characters around her, I was responding along those lines. I have always disagreed with the idea that she fits this trope as not only are most of her significant relationships in the show with men, she is often in the mentee/protégée position. There is never indication that she thinks she can do it alone or that she should. She is comfortable receiving guidance and has zero problem relying on Reynolds.

On the romantic front, I don't think she is looking but I don't think she is avoiding it either. It's deeper commitment/connection that has her afraid not temporary intimacy. Heck, her pursuing her career has exactly zero bearings on her attitude towards romantic entanglements seeing as her last two relationships on the show have been with colleagues and the later one was formed while taking her career to the next level. This is her dream, it just happens to be a high maintenance one that involves having less of a social life.

If anything, her witness life is a lot more in the way than her job, because her having anything more than a one night stand could make that person a target for team evil and I could see how that might make her less receptive. She compartmentalises and is goal oriented, right now she is thinking "I need to succeed at reclaiming my life while fighting off the apocalypse and keep both spaces separate". 

• Love 1

Oh, I agree with you on the needing front. But since people most often refer to the trope of the (black) woman who is so strong that she doesn't need help, and therefore is never shown to be valued or supported by male characters around her, I was responding along those lines. I have always disagreed with the idea that she fits this trope as not only are most of her significant relationships in the show with men, she is often in the mentee/protégée position. There is never indication that she thinks she can do it alone or that she should. She is comfortable receiving guidance and has zero problem relying on Reynolds.

On the romantic front, I don't think she is looking but I don't think she is avoiding it either. It's deeper commitment/connection that has her afraid not temporary intimacy. Heck, her pursuing her career has exactly zero bearings on her attitude towards romantic entanglements seeing as her last two relationships on the show have been with colleagues and the later one was formed while taking her career to the next level. This is her dream, it just happens to be a high maintenance one that involves having less of a social life.

If anything, her witness life is a lot more in the way than her job, because her having anything more than a one night stand could make that person a target for team evil and I could see how that might make her less receptive. She compartmentalises and is goal oriented, right now she is thinking "I need to succeed at reclaiming my life while fighting off the apocalypse and keep both spaces separate". 

I agree with both your points.  It would be nice to see Abby attracted to someone who is attracted to her, even if she sets him aside for The Mission.

• Love 2

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Only that wasn't Mr. Noodle. That was Mr. Noodle's brother Mr. Noodle.

Y'all have got to stop referring to Mr. Noodle as Mr. Noodle. It's freaking me out. I'm trying to deny and compartmentalize her.

I enjoyed this episode for all the reasons stated previously. We finally had s true since of urgency. I'm hoping the writers have found there groove because this episode and the last have been the most complete of the season.

ITA, with HalcyonDays that bread crumbs are being left, not as good as HTGAWM but good enough to have to pay closer attention. Good enough to keep me intrigued and make me speculate. I have to thank the new writers because that was definitely missing last season.

• Love 2
ITA, with HalcyonDays that bread crumbs are being left, not as good as HTGAWM but good enough to have to pay closer attention. Good enough to keep me intrigued and make me speculate. I have to thank the new writers because that was definitely missing last season.

Thanks! There is so much going on that rewatches sorely needed. I'm pissed my lousy DVR died (again) because I lost the first four episodes to try to find some more clues. Cliff Campbell wasn't lying when he stated that this season was already mapped out fully. It's totally obvious and it's wonderful.

Something that will be significant again - Jenny had those flashes, and flashed that Destroyers tablet too. I think someone mentioned it above. This Thursday episode is gonna be good, partially because we are going to get lots of answers.

• Love 1

Something that will be significant again - Jenny had those flashes, and flashed that Destroyers tablet too. I think someone mentioned it above. This Thursday episode is gonna be good, partially because we are going to get lots of answers.

Or maybe 50% answers and 50% more questions. I'm good either way.

• Love 1

Came here to say that I absolutely LOVED this episode, if I could put 4 hearts in a row, that's how I feel for reasons already stated. My favorite parts were the human connections, the conversations between Jenny/Abbie, Jenny/Joe, Abbie/Crane, Joe/Crane.  I don't know how it happened but somewhere along the line I started shipping Jenny/Joe, and to see him looking at her all googly eyed when speaking with Crane made my inner fangirl smile.  I also loved how protective Joe was (not that Ms. Jenny can't protect herself), he was willing to get shot in the head before revealing where Jenny's location. 

And my cherry on top, the Ichabod/Abbie conversation at the end, the chemistry was off the charts and my Ichabbie connection was strong. I had to rewind to watch again.

Also we finally have some idea what Pandora is plotting, looking forward to next week.

• Love 6

As someone with a peanut allergy I led the accidental peanuts in the cake. You would t think oeanuts would get into cake but it's happened before.

Of course when I was growing up I didn't know one single other person who had it. It's interesting that it's become so mainstream and well known now,

Loved the kiss,

I kind of love dealing with other mythologies. The devil never worked for me becaude then I always ask ok so where's G-d and why doesn't He just step in and fix all this? And not beingChristan I don't believe in Revelations. This is much better! To me it's more in the vein of random vampire zombie stuff.