Type keyword(s) to search

Documentary Help: "So Does Anyone Else Remember...?"

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Small Town Ecstacy - Is that the one with the dad who started to use ecstacy and then turned into an embarrassing raver

YESSS!! OMG that dude was a hot mess.  I felt sorry for the other kids at the raves having to be around him—let alone his poor kids. Loved that doc. 

On 3/11/2019 at 11:50 AM, Giant Misfit said:

YESSS!! OMG that dude was a hot mess.  I felt sorry for the other kids at the raves having to be around him—let alone his poor kids. Loved that doc. 

Just found this on YouTube.  Will watch later.  Unfortunately, the film quality is pretty blurry--pre HD days.  And darn, I'm still in my office, when I should be heading home to watch the Theranos documentary.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1

Anyone remember the documentary about growing up as a rich girl in new york, or maybe just being a girl growing up in ny? The dad was rich and the mom was a lawyer... Then a few years ago one of the girls was arrested at party and told the party-goers to not comply with the cops.

On 2/19/2017 at 8:42 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Was that Life of Crime, @GussieK? That was from the early 90s or late 80s? They did a follow up in the late nineties, cleverly called Life of Crime 2. 

Heres a YT link:

There was also Dope Sick Love but those couples lived mostly in New York. My favorite was the girl whose dad brought them the ugliest leather jackets (he worked in the rag trade) I've ever seen. 

Somebody is looking at this three years later. Take note of the updated version of Life of Crime that is on HBO. There’s a thread in the HBO Documentaries group. Worth watching. I have a new user name now. Was Gussie K. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
On 12/28/2019 at 7:17 PM, heatherchandler said:

Anyone remember the documentary about growing up as a rich girl in new york, or maybe just being a girl growing up in ny? The dad was rich and the mom was a lawyer... Then a few years ago one of the girls was arrested at party and told the party-goers to not comply with the cops.

Was it about Lizzie Grubman? Her father is a rich entertainment lawyer. She was arrested for erratic driving in the Hamptons leaving a club. 

53 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Was it about Lizzie Grubman? Her father is a rich entertainment lawyer. She was arrested for erratic driving in the Hamptons leaving a club. 

No, but yuck to that Lizzie Grubman.

This girl was not well known, she was in high school, and I think the whole doc was about being a young girl growing up in the city.. there were a few different girls from different walks of life, if I remember correctly.  The family was in the news years later because the girl with the lawyer mom was in the Post(?) because she told a whole party of underage drinking teens that they had “rights” and to not comply with the cops.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:58 PM, heatherchandler said:

No, but yuck to that Lizzie Grubman.

This girl was not well known, she was in high school, and I think the whole doc was about being a young girl growing up in the city.. there were a few different girls from different walks of life, if I remember correctly.  The family was in the news years later because the girl with the lawyer mom was in the Post(?) because she told a whole party of underage drinking teens that they had “rights” and to not comply with the cops.

Was it called All This Panic ?

21 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Now you’ve got me curious.  Are you sure it was HBO?   Maybe PBS?

Not PBS, I am almost positive it was HBO.  It was like 13-15 years ago... I watched it after I saw an article in the Post(?) Dailymail(?) where the girl and her mom (who was a very intense lawyer) were interviewed because the police were mad at her that she told other kids at the party that they didn't have to talk, or give the police ID even though they were drinking.  

I swear it was just called "Girl" or something like that.  I know this is not a lot to go off, and I have googled like crazy and I turn up nothing!

ETA OMG I found it!!!!  It is called "Sexy Baby" (which is weird).  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3120956/Private-school-educated-Brooklyn-teen-aspiring-actress-18-defense-attorney-mom-suing-NYPD-2MILLION-busted-underage-drinking.html

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2