Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

If you need me, I’ll be at the chiropractor’s, getting treated for all the whiplash of Paris-Zende, Paris-Finn, Paris-Thomas, back to Paris-Zende, and now, Paris-Carter. 

In the same year as Carter-Zoe, Carter-Quinn, Carter-Zoe (again), Carter-Quinn (again), Carter-Katie, and Carter-Zoe. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

I love Douglas but I thought it was very creepy how he was smiling broadly as he saw Brooke kissing Santa....

He should have been horrified not looking amused by the whole thing

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

At the same time, Katie was drunk enough to mess up at a few home dinners with Bill and Will and she got sober, but now is drinking. There was some jumbled explanation that Katie's therapist said the drinking was linked to PPD, which was over, thus greenlighting the drinking. Given Katie's tumultuous emotions, that seems like a really bad idea. 

That, and the two transplants she's had should end that. Especially when one of those two transplants involve a kidney.

Still, you're right that for all this talk about her "trouble" with boose, the worst it did was get lit at yet another ill-advised Native wedding, while others have gotten blackout married and run over people (then hiding it because she had half a glass of wine in her system).

9 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Do you think it’s possible somebody behind the scenes has a problem with interracial relationships? Are they nervous because they screwed up so badly with the “Eric demanding Carter sleep with his wife” story? I mean they really did botch that one in the most offensive way possible (unfortunately for the Quarter actors because they had super couple potential), but throwing Paris and Carter together is NOT the remedy for that in my opinion.

It's possible. The harrassment Kristoff St John and Heather Tom took in the late 90s from fans on Y&R when that show attempted to pair off Victoria and Neil has been well reported, but even with...*hand waves* all of everything right now, certainly there aren't THAT many people who care any more? Certainly, no one gave a whit about Steffy/Marcus, Donna/Justin, Thomas/Sasha for the two minutes they were together-ish or Rick/Maya, wherw one of the characters was trans.

And no one was giving a fuck about Quinn/Carter until TIIC came out with this scattershot story for shock and awe that would've been absolutely unwanted if an other character was involved, but had implications when a black man was involved.

Still, my problem with putting either of them with anyone is they have no character agency outside of others. Carter was brought on the show what, nine or ten years ago? And I know less about him than Charlie the security guard. And I was here for Paris torturing Zoe with her existance but again, I don't know what makes her tick. She's bounced around love interests more quickly than even Liam, FFS.

8 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Because what do Brooke and Deacon really have in common beyond Hope and sexual heat? Brooke has money and has been living the good life for a long time. She's educated. I don't know if this clash of worlds and bad boy thing has potential for the long haul, but I'd like to see the writers try.

But that won't happen and I think we all know it.

That's ultimately why it's so hard to get invested in any pairing either of them is in, because no matter what awful things they do, they'll circle back because #dEsTiNy or whatever. There comes a point where TIIC either need to find new conflicts to challenge them or let them go about their merry way. They hit that point back in 2004 after RJ was born IMO.

ETA: regarding Breacon's own merits, when I look back on their original tryst, a huge part of that was the writers acknowledging that both of them were outsiders to the Forrester family that was all to glad to use them both as pawns for means to their own end--quite literally in Deacon's case, as Rick tried throwing cash at him to buy him out of Baby Eric's paternal rights. Around the time Brooke began pregnant with Hope and took off for a sabbatical, Ridge tried voting her out of the company, bur I think Rick stopped that or Deacon found out from Amber and dragged her back from Ojai. At any rate, she's the only in the show's canon not to lose the company to sheer incompetence and they still wanted her gone.

They had that common theme back then that could have worked but I'm not sure if they would apply now. With Stephanie dead and Tayloon without her biggest ally, no one besides Quinn is flapping them guns about Brooke within the family, and Brooke herself spent most of 2021 being shrill and obnoxious, even in cases where I wanted to agree with her. She's very much in the inside these days.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

If you need me, I’ll be at the chiropractor’s, getting treated for all the whiplash of Paris-Zende, Paris-Finn, Paris-Thomas, back to Paris-Zende, and now, Paris-Carter. 

In the same year as Carter-Zoe, Carter-Quinn, Carter-Zoe (again), Carter-Quinn (again), Carter-Katie, and Carter-Zoe. 

Be sure to send your bill to the hack writers. That way we can sleep a little better knowing that the money they make from this fuck shit writing is going to a good cause at least.

Happy New Year Everybody! 

• Love 8

a huge part of that was the writers acknowledging that both of them were outsiders to the Forrester family that was all to glad to use them both as pawns for means to their own end

Yes that's what I meant. I think my post may have come off as meaning Deacon wasn't good enough for Brooke and I don't think that's true. It's more about the Brooke of today is truly a Forrester and part of that world rather than someone with her nose pressed against the window. Even Stephanie gave up her vendetta!

I suppose Brooke and Deacon could team up against Sheila but that feels very short term. Or perhaps Brooke could develop a sudden interest in the martial arts too?!?

There comes a point where TIIC either need to find new conflicts to challenge them or let them go about their merry way. They hit that point back in 2004 after RJ was born IMO.

It really is way past time for this. The conflicts to Bridge need to stop being other people coming between them, particularly if the end is always #destiny. There's nothing to invest in as viewers when the ending is always the same. There have to be other ways to give them conflict.

Happy New Year!

• Love 13
22 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

It really is way past time for this. The conflicts to Bridge need to stop being other people coming between them, particularly if the end is always #destiny. There's nothing to invest in as viewers when the ending is always the same. There have to be other ways to give them conflict.

I have never been a Bridge supporter; Ridge treated Brooke pretty shabbily in the early years, like a toy to be played with rather than a young woman. The only time I ever liked them together was after Taylor's first death; they worked during that time, and they were believable as a couple. When Taylor returned and Ridge chose to stay with Brooke I was over the moon, but then of course Thomas happened, and Ridge dumped Brooke like a cheap bag of rags. Since that time everything about them has seemed forced, destiny for the sake of destiny, and in all truthfulness, during the last ten years or so of Brooke's quest for destiny, I felt it was more about sticking it to Stephanie than any real desire for Ridge. And since TK has taken over the role, the pairing has become completely unlikeable and unrootable. Brooke and Ridge have always been about romance, and sex, and naughtiness. When do we see any of that anymore? I realize they are older, but come on, what we are getting has nothing at all to do with Bridge. 

Brooke has become such a doormat, she accepts everything Ridge dishes out, she excuses and forgives everything he does no matter how egregious, and she allows him to treat her like a six year old with no functioning brain cells. All of that should be enough for Brooke to want out, but she continues to abide his horrible treatment and to make excuses for his boorish behavior. They should allow these two to implode organically, the seeds have certainly been sown for that, but instead we will get some lame ass shit with Deacon being the infiltrator. Ridge will get a hard on about it and will run to Taylor, and Brooke will hang with Deacon until something happens to make Ridge run back to her. It is all so tedious and overdone. And tiresome and unentertaining. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Brooke and Ridge have always been about romance, and sex, and naughtiness. When do we see any of that anymore?

Right! Not that I'd want to see any of that with the current Ridge actor, but even at their low points in the past, Bridge had a certain fun quality about them. Ridge was always shitty to Brooke but he wasn't borderline abusive when speaking to her in simple disagreements.

Now, they don't even have that going for them, so what even is the point? I too would prefer TIIC cut bait, but since they won't, asking for new conflicts is the next best thing.

• Love 10

I remember when Brooke was a strong, confident chemist who knew where she was going and how to get there. Somewhere along the way, she became a clump of poop on the bottom of Ridge’s shoe. This is such a huge disappointment particularly in 2022. Shame on these writers.

• Love 8

Ridge is hugging and kissing on Brooke after she got stinking drunk the night before, no shower and she must have reeked of champagne and vodka. Believe me, vodka does have a smell no matter what some people would say. Her breath alone should have knocked him over.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I remember when Brooke was a strong, confident chemist who knew where she was going and how to get there.

You are not alone!  That's what makes the ruination of her character so heinous, Brooke had a great start as a classic soap heroine from the wrong side of the tracks.  After a family of rich scumbags (yes, the Forresters) tried to take what was hers, and belittle her in the process, she pulled the rug from under them, relegating Stephanie to the broom closet.  She reigned supreme, but after that the powers that be (Brad Bell) had her bed not one, but two of her daughters' boyfriends, in addition to other lapses of judgment.  Long term female characters on Brad Bell's show do not fare well.

• Love 9

Shelia and the evil grin for switching a label. Enough. 
The most enjoyable part of today was Deacon announcing that he wasn’t in the bed with Brooke he was merely on top of the bed. 🤣 He also declared himself a gentleman for just kissing her. 

• Love 8

Shiela is going to blow up Deacon’s relationship with Hope because of her vendetta against Brooke and she doesn’t give a shit.  Do I have sympathy for Deacon?  Probably not because I believe Hope was just a means to the end for Deacon to reunite with Brooke.  

Carter Carter Carter is like Ricochet Rabbit bouncing from woman to woman to woman. In the last month Carter has exchanged Quinn who’s probably 15 years older than him to Paris who’s probably 10 year younger than him. Katie was in there for a while but I guess they failed the chemistry test.  Other than Quinn/Carter, chemistry is non existent anymore. The younger Brooke and Deacon had chemistry a lot less now but much better than Ridge/Brooke. 

• Love 7
On 12/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, SiouxB said:

I love Douglas but I thought it was very creepy how he was smiling broadly as he saw Brooke kissing Santa....

He should have been horrified not looking amused by the whole thing

I noticed that too!!!! That look on his face was so creepy!!!!!

I was reading Betty White's wiki today and it said she was on B&B back in 2006, 22 episodes as Stephanie Forrester's mother! So cool. 

• Love 8

Yes! Betty White played Stephanie and Pam's mother, Ann Douglas. Ann was a nasty, critical old bird, which was such a departure from the roles I'd seen BW in. The scenes with those three were excellent, as they are/were all such pro actresses.

I was thinking today that the next time B&B needs to run a filler episode, instead of dragging out a tired old doomed wedding rerun, to show some those episodes with Betty White. They would be 1000x better than another wedding in Eric's living room officiated by Carter!

• Love 16

If I can bare to continue watching, I think all variants of the word "fuck" will be used frequently by this viewer. 

All the progress that has been made with Hope, Brooke and Deacon has been destroyed. 

Brooke's sudden turn in her feelings for Deacon will bring more scrutiny than just packing it away as a really bad error in judgement. Ridge had his drunken night with Shauna at the bar, they didn't kiss, but she was "on the bed" with him. Then of course there was his drunken LV tour, where he found himself divorced from Brooke and married to Shauna. And who cares if Deacon is the man Ridge despises more than anyone else? Shauna is a person Brooke dislikes, and with very valid reason, so Ridge will just have to get past it like he has expected Brooke to do. And what ever happened to Bill being the person Ridge hated the most. Oh, right, plot contrivance. 

So, I guess Brooke will retreat from Deacon and will start hitting the bottle again to try to drown her crushing guilt. 

They didn't actually have sex, so there is that. 

• Love 12

This is just all so stupid. First of all, why didn't Brooke just purchase the bottle of NA champagne from Il Gardino the day she was there? I am sure they had plenty on stock for NYE.

I didn't know that bars and restaurants would deliver booze to customers. I guess if you are a Forrester, then you can have anything you want. Money talks, but what are the liquor laws in California? 

I also raised eyebrows with Deacon. Since when could employees just grab stock from the bar, open it and drink it? Won't they dock it from his pay?

I can't add any more to what's already been said about the rest of the situation. 

I remember back in the day when Sheila pulled the same awful stunt on vulnerable recovering alcoholic, Macy. Sheila spiked Macy's orange juice with vodka when Macy stepped away from their table in a bar and she got drunk and rapidly spiraled downwards. The end result wasn't pretty. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

This is just all so stupid. First of all, why didn't Brooke just purchase the bottle of NA champagne from Il Gardino the day she was there?

Duh!  That wouldn't give Sheila enough time to go to Walmart to buy a basin, a glue gun and a hair dryer.

9 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I didn't know that bars and restaurants would deliver booze to customers.

If grocery stores and supermarkets can do it, why can't restaurants?  It's perfectly legal here in NJ.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

If grocery stores and supermarkets can do it, why can't restaurants?  It's perfectly legal here in NJ.

When the pandemic started, rules became a lot looser in many states, including California, to help restaurants stay afloat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Ok...I have never seen Paris’s boobs hanging so low as they were yesterday...

I am probably twice her age and mine are perkier than hers lol

Paris’ new name is TwoHungLow!  Lol  Whoever did her makeup overdid the whitener in the inside corner of her eyes, wow, very distracting too.  

How could Hope be so civil to Ridge after he tried to throw her out of the cabin just a few days ago??  Is all forgiven now? 

Loved Hope’s sweater today and her hair was beautiful.  

• Love 10

Tuned in to see Brooke swearing Deacon to secrecy like she's not a 50+ grown woman who should be able to tell Ridge what's what and not fear being left by him. Then she killed a plant by pouring out a good third of a bottle of vodka into the plant's pot. ::SMDH::

Deacon is odd. Dude, you have to know that getting pass out drunk with with Brooke and falling asleep on her bed is NOT the way to go to prove to Brooke or Hope that you've changed. Not that Brooke isn't a grown ass woman but whatever she was doing, you made the choice to get drunk, kiss her, and sprawl out on her bed for Ridge to find you if he happened to come home.  That all shows some poor judgement on your part.

And then you go to Liam to try to make friends?  I want to leave Captive Cabin firmly in the past but it's an actual true blue sticking point Liam could have with Deacon. And Deacon can miss me sucking up to Liam when we ALL know that he'd totally want to hand his ass to him for Hopequinngate and cheating on Hope with Steffy. I'd have respected him more if both men had come at each other honestly instead of conveniently forgetting past events.

Whoever said Sheila's actions are gonna indirectly blow up Deacon's reconciliation with Hope was right on the money. She was so intent on getting back at Brooke that she helped to screw over Deacon who has been her only friendly face since she hit town.  Way to pay him back for his misguided kindness. 

Can we dump Paris and Carter and bring back Rick, Maya, Sasha, and Nicole? They're more interesting in the bigger scheme of things; Nicole can want Zende back or battle Maya for him or she can pivot to Rick or Wyatt to make him relevant again and Sasha can be with Thomas. Rick can be scheming to get rid of Deacon which causes issues between him and Hope while trying to take over FC from Steffy for another round of Forrester vs Marone-Forrester shenanigans. Won't Finn be shocked when Rick educates him that he dated her as well? LOL.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Money talks, but what are the liquor laws in California? 

I'm a lifelong resident and other than the pandemic, we've never been able to but booze from a traditional bar. San Diego has a number of local distilleries for craft beer that fit in a gray area but I can confirm that delivery for alcoholic drinks have done gangbusters. Being a Forrester, the company would probably be glad to send a case to her on the house for publicity.

I swear, I've been a Trek fan for nearly as long s I've been a B&B viewer and I've never felt the need to fact check that show half as much as this one because Brad Bell is just that damn lazy.

4 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

How could Hope be so civil to Ridge after he tried to throw her out of the cabin just a few days ago??  Is all forgiven now? 

Because unlike petulant Ridge, Hope is a grown up that doesn't thrive on being petty, in spite of being given every reason in the world to be bitter and hateful to her shitty family.

But I do miss the old Hope who did have a spine to call out rank bullshit, like the consistent bitchface she gave Bill the entire time he was with Brooke the first time.

• Love 6

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and now New Years Day and Lurch still hasn’t been with Douglas. Couldn’t Douglas be spending the day with Lurch and it’s Beth who is spending the day with Donna. Why do TIIC have to be so dense?  

Ridge is a tight shirt is not appealing at all. His pecks look more like man boobs. He definitely no Bill. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

This is just all so stupid. First of all, why didn't Brooke just purchase the bottle of NA champagne from Il Gardino the day she was there? I am sure they had plenty on stock for NYE.

I'm not arguing the level of stupidity, but Brooke did try to buy a bottle that day.  They only had one bottle left and Deacon told her it had already been purchased.  The bartender said he could have one delivered when their order came in.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Shiela and Devon, Devon and Shiela, Shiela and Devon that’s TIIC go to when creative dialog is not important. 

Shiela is doing herself no favors by taking to Taylor. It’s doesn’t take a “world renowned” psychiatrist to figure out that Shiela is still unhinged. 

• Love 5

If the "world renowned" Dr. Hayes-Forrester couldn't see the crazy seeping out of Sheila, then she is the quack I have always believed her to be. 

Thank God; I don't think I could take much more of Brooke moping and remembering. You fucked up! You had an unintentional relapse and kissed another man. Your shithead husband did the same thing with intent and on purpose, and he had no problem confessing and expecting a pass. Get it out and get back to living. 

No matter though, because they have effectively ruined anything good they had going. Brooke will not welcome Deacon anymore, when Hope finds out what is eating her mom she will probably be upset with her dad, and Deacon will end his friendship with Sheila when he discovers it was her machinations that cost him what he most wanted. 

Steffy has the nerve doesn't she? Flapping her gums about how "dad wouldn't have anything to worry about if he wasn't with Brooke." Really? I think that statement goes the other way. Ridge has run roughshod over Brooke for their entire relationship. He has abandoned her, he has tricked her, he has played her, he has used her, he has been party to terrible plans and schemes against her, he has stepped out on her, he has engaged in other relationships while engaged and married to her. Steffy is one stupid ass bitch that needs to do some fact checking before opening her fucking mouth. 

• Love 16
On 1/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, TobinAlbers said:

And Deacon can miss me sucking up to Liam when we ALL know that he'd totally want to hand his ass to him for Hopequinngate and cheating on Hope with Steffy.

Thank you! We could've gotten this instead of "who's gonna conspire against cringe bridge for the millionth time in a row?" Hope is his child and right now she's wasting her life with a habitual cheater. Why not have Deacon focused on that? 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Rick can be scheming to get rid of Deacon which causes issues between him and Hope while trying to take over FC from Steffy for another round of Forrester vs Marone-Forrester shenanigans. Won't Finn be shocked when Rick educates him that he dated her as well? LOL.

Great idea! It would be amazing for Rick to do a Blood-Forrester clause, similar to what Jack Abbott did with Jabot. Stating that only those directly related to Eric Forrester by blood can run FC. Steffy, Thomas, Shrek can fall in line or kick rocks. Hope and Brooke could stay as long as they stayed on his good side (i.e. cut Deacon off). Mya should replace Carter(anything to get him out of L.A and away from Paris).

I've been behind and not motivated to catch up but for right now, I will say that since Deacon fucked up, I'm not excited to see what's gonna happen next.  Steffy, Lame, and worst of all Shrek are going to be dancing around the fire screeching about how right they were, with yet another session of Brooke/Hope bashing courtesy of annoying ass Steffy & Taylor.  

Edited by Skarzero
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

If the "world renowned" Dr. Hayes-Forrester couldn't see the crazy seeping out of Sheila, then she is the quack I have always believed her to be.

Quoted for truth because truly, if Sheila's  actually shooting her wasn't enough to convince Tayloon she's nuts, I don't know what will. Certainly if she must continue to grind her axe against Brooke she can find other people to commiserate with? I mean, Quinn's right there, even.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I’m glad that in today’s episode Brooke told Ridge about her relapse. I think it was good that she took responsibility for her actions and didn’t blame Deacon for what happened. I think that shows growth. I think if she had told Ridge about the Deacon part of the night that’s all he would have heard and Ridge would have rushed out to go after Deacon. She realized that the important thing in that moment was admitting her mistake with alcohol and seeking help. 

I’m also glad that Taylor let Sheila know that her being nice on Christmas Eve doesn’t change anything. They are not BFF’s now and Sheila will have to make changes and improve herself before they will even consider greater access to Finn and Hayes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

What the hell is Stuffy wearing?  Is it some kind of sweater or was there a full moon. 

Hold the phone. Taylor comments on moments of Shiela’s instability but wasn’t Taylor unstable when she shot Bill?  Ok for me but not for thee.  

Ridge in true fashion blames Deacon and can’t even fantom the thought that Brooke drank because she was lonely because he wasn’t home. 

Taylor as with Ridge and Stuffy actually think their shit don’t stink.  As a psychiatrist, Taylor should have spoke to Shiela as a professional and not in  a way to seek retribution.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

What the hell is Stuffy wearing?  Is it some kind of sweater or was there a full moon. 

Hold the phone. Taylor comments on moments of Shiela’s instability but wasn’t Taylor unstable when she shot Bill?  Ok for me but not for thee.  

Ridge in true fashion blames Deacon and can’t even fantom the thought that Brooke drank because she was lonely because he wasn’t home. 

Taylor as with Ridge and Stuffy actually think their shit don’t stink.  As a psychiatrist, Taylor should have spoke to Shiela as a professional and not in  a way to seek retribution.  

Steffys jacket was some sort of robe/coat combo. Brookes wardrobe has been the best recently. Her casual outfit was perfect for confessing that she drank alcohol while leaving out that she kissed Deacon. And that he slept next to her although on top of the covers and fully dressed which is more forgivable than what she did with Oliver years ago.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm starting to believe that Summer Newman was the lighting rod for all the dumb from Genoa City to L.A. When she left the U.S to go to Milan, the strikes of dumb have shown no mercy to anyone on here or on Y&R. Holy Shit. 

Brooke tsk, tsk, tsk, she really should've known better, though she needs to put her big girl pants and just tell Ridge the whole truth and take her licks or walk away when he overreacts. He's done far worse to Brooke, she would need to kiss Deacon (sober at that), a few more times, wake up divorced and remarried before they were even. It was painful to hear Brooke say she doesn't feel like herself without Ridge and she needs him so much cos omg such tru luw1!1. Gag. Shrek ain't that lol. During the fallout no one's even gonna care that Sheila fucked up Brooke's sobriety, they'll have faux sympathy but get right back to trashing her.    

Sheila has always been crazy, but I didn't know she was dumb as a box of rocks too. In order to prove to people you've "changed", you have to actually you know...change you idiot. To piggyback off what others have already said, Brooke bashing doesn't do Sheila any favors, it doesn't do any character any favors. It just taints any character that engages in it and adds to the unbalanced narrative. 

In speaking of unbalanced narrative, I predict that since JMW is pregnant again Steffy will get to roll her eyes and say more slap worthy things without being so much as yelled at, let alone slapped. Yay. Also what kind of drugs is she on again if she thinks that life with Tayloon is/was drama-free and scandal free? Does it fly over that shitty wigged head of hers that there is so much Bridge/Brooke drama because, the writers no one will truly leave them/her the fuck alone? And let Bridge fall apart naturally? Even if her mother was a decent person, her dad is a drama magnet himself, Tridge would still have problems thanks to him lol. And Taylor not being able to keep Brooke's name out of her mouth even when she has Ridge all to herself counts as drama. Do her and Thomass really not know that their mom cheated on their dad and lied about it for years? I know Taylor would rather get shot again than admit it to the only people that unflinchingly believe her sanctimonious BS, but come on. Or perhaps they know and don't care. Seems par for the course. 

Going back to Monday's episode, I laughed really hard when Ridge said he was gonna take a shower. That's probably the last time he'll use a shower until January 2023. 

• Love 9

KKL did a good job expressing Brooke's pain and confusion, but I was completely put off with all the talk about how she is nothing without Ridge. I also wish she had just made a full and complete confession. Of course no one ever has to know what happened with Deacon, but her change in attitude about him is going to raise questions, as will his change in demeanor. There is also Douglas to worry about, but Brooke can just say he was seeing things. I fear we will have months and months of mopey, depressed Brooke, who will not want to leave her home. 

Well, it could have been worse with Taylor and Sheila. I was glad Taylor at least but the brakes on them being besties, or on her treating Sheila because of their history. Funny thing is, I would lay bets that original recipe Taylor wouldn't have blinked an eye at taking Sheila on as a patient. Most importantly, I was glad that Taylor picked up on Sheila's anger towards Brooke, and I squeed just a little bit when she asked Sheila if she had done something to Brooke. I wonder if Taylor might turn out to be some sort of catalyst in Brooke's new drama. Will she be the one to connect the dots? 

I thought Steffy was wearing a bath robe. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Regardless of Tayloon's own sins that she's skated on, Sheila is a baby switcher, a kidnapper and deliberate murderer multiple times over. The Bill shooting was.... definitely A Decision™ but Taylor had a better excuse than "this person made me mad" or "I want that gal's husband" for what she did.

Covering up Darla's death was a whole other ballgame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I really hope that when Taylor and Steffy find out that Brooke had a relapse they remember that they are each an alcoholic and a drug addict. Steffy especially should remember that Brooke supported her during that time. 
ETA: They both should remember that Taylor was too busy to come home to support her kids when Steffy had the drug problem and Thomas had the brain tumor. Brooke also raised those kids when Taylor was “dead”. Brooke has always been there for her kids and Ridge’s kids. If anything, Taylor should commiserate with Brooke over her own issues and maybe go to a meeting with her. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 13

Same shit different day!  Stuffy and Taylor pass judgment on Brooke that turns into Deacon bashing.  Bill finally appears but is there only to bash Deacon and Ridge bashing Deacon is no surprise. 

If Brooke is such an alcoholic that made her even called her sponsor than why would she have to find a random AA meeting?  Wouldn’t her sponsor take her to a meeting to a place that Brooke is familiar with?  

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I really hope that when Taylor and Steffy find out that Brooke had a relapse they remember that they are each an alcoholic and a drug addict.

You're more likely to have Santa deliver you a unicorn for Christmas than for Taylor OR Steffy to gain a modicum of self awareness or compassion where Brooke is concerned. 

40 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

They both should remember that Taylor was too busy to come home to support her kids when Steffy had the drug problem and Thomas had the brain tumor. Brooke also raised those kids when Taylor was “dead”. Brooke has always been there for her kids and Ridge’s kids.

Also this, which is why the Brooke hate from Taylor's kids has been a head scratcher and just plain boring writing. How much more interesting could it have been if they actually defended Brooke from time to time or encourages their mother to find someone other than Ridge to focus on?

Still wish they'd had let Taylor/Rick ride longer than a few months and Brooke could've been Taylor's MIL. That could've made story for years and kept the conflict between them going without involving Ridge at all.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I really hope that when Taylor and Steffy find out that Brooke had a relapse they remember that they are each an alcoholic and a drug addict. Steffy especially should remember that Brooke supported her during that time. 
ETA: They both should remember that Taylor was too busy to come home to support her kids when Steffy had the drug problem and Thomas had the brain tumor. Brooke also raised those kids when Taylor was “dead”. Brooke has always been there for her kids and Ridge’s kids. If anything, Taylor should commiserate with Brooke over her own issues and maybe go to a meeting with her. 

I totally agree with all you’ve written here. However, we all know that NuTay and Steffy will slam Brooke for all they’re worth. Hypocrites, thy names are Taylor and Steffy. I won’t be able to watch this nasty, hateful blast on Brooke. And Ridge will abandon her for his other family. Asshole.

t

• Love 10

Brooke should have gone alone to a closed AA meeting where she could spill her guts without fear of it being repeated. 

It was great to FINALLY see $Bill today. I thought it was hilarious how Douglas casually greeted him, "Hi, Dollar Bill."

Steffy looks atrocious in that hideous robe/duster thing.

• Love 11

Ridge and Lame deserve better? It's one thing for her to have rose colored glasses when it comes to her ogre dad. But it's entirely another for her to spew such BS about Lame's waffling, cheating ass even if she's usually beneficiary of his shitty, fickle behavior. Steffy's called him out before but she only cared about Lame's bullshit behavior when it negatively impacted her for once. Steffy's not a clown, she's the whole circus now. And she's dressed for the occasion anyway. 

I liked that Brooke went to an AA meeting, instead of just sulking and suffering in silence. But she really needs to tell the whole truth sooner rather than later. Taylor and Steffy already have plenty of ammo from being hypocrites and believing alternative facts, imagine how much more insufferable they'll be when they learn of the Drunk!Breacon kiss.  

22 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

How much more interesting could it have been if they actually defended Brooke from time to time or encourages their mother to find someone other than Ridge to focus on?

Still wish they'd had let Taylor/Rick ride longer than a few months and Brooke could've been Taylor's MIL. That could've made story for years and kept the conflict between them going without involving Ridge at all.

!!!!! Brooke could've done a true Stephanie impression, narratively taking her place, in being the disapproving, (possibly meddling) MIL. 1000 times better than having her be shrill and get in Eric/Quinn's business. Bonus when/if Steffy had fallen for Rick she would've had to compete with her mother, and she'd witness first hand that her mom is no angel. And in turn Steffy would defend Brooke to Taylor (possibly to prove herself as the better option for Rick). Brooke would work to get Steffy with Rick and it would probably work out between them until Bill (or Lame) and Mya came along. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Love 9

Yes Hope, it’s all your fault. As usual you blame yourself. We know it all boils down to Shiela’s fault but as usual Ridge is held harmless for not being home.  

Is bad bad wigs the norm. Even Paris’ mom has a terrible wig.  

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Yes Hope, it’s all your fault. As usual you blame yourself. We know it all boils down to Shiela’s fault but as usual Ridge is held harmless for not being home.  

Is bad bad wigs the norm. Even Paris’ mom has a terrible wig.  

This has been a long term way of writing characters. “Everything is my fault. If I’d been smarter, better, more moral, worked harder, made better decision, been more aware”, etc, etc, this wouldn’t have happened. I hate to tell these people but not everything is under your control. Get over yourself. Please, Hope. Move the hell on and go back to work.

• Love 8

So TIIC have added even more cringe to the show as if Brooke being Ridge's doormat, Ridge running off to tongue bathe his halo wearing ex-wife, Steffy ever the hypocrite trashing Brooke, and pushing for a reunion between her tired ass parents, and Sheila being a Forrester/Marone bootlicker instead of a free for all villain like she used to be, wasn't bad enough. The writers are trying to make fetch happen with this nasty ass Paris/Carter bullshit. Great... 

I like you but Hope please get a grip. If she were a kid or a teen I would understand the "it's my fault" angle a bit more, but this is unnecessary. Ugh I lothe when the writers write her like this. Does she know that her mother has survived much worse than a relapse? She will be fine. Until the whole truth comes out anyway. Even then, if she won't be ok, Hope should be supportive but get her into rehab and keep it moving. 

5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Can they end the Carter is such a great guy stuff now? He's fake friend and acts like he cares about people but will cheat with anyone and betray anyone. 

At this point I would love it if the show traded the Brooke/Logan bashing in for Carter bashing. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Love 6