Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

And just like that, any progress Sheila has made with this viewer flew out the window. Sheila just doesn't get it. She goes on to the people she terrorized for years; not hours, or days, or weeks, or months, but fucking years, about how she is sorry for that one little mistake she made. And it isn't like Sheila struck once and was gone. Oh no, this psycho kept on coming back for more; I think the dreadful Summer of Sheila was round 4. Sheila has laid down some pretty concrete behavioral patterns, and to just expect people whose lives you have totally fucked up to be all magnanimous with you really does show just how crazy Sheila remains.

I have no problem with Brooke stepping in for Steffy and her family's welfare. Steffy was making strides into being a decent human being until Mummy returned, since then we have watched he slide right back into her hate filled, judgmental, snot nosed hypocrisy. But Brooke is not aware of this, and even if she were I have no doubt she would still go to bat for Steffy and Hayes where Sheila is concerned. 

Why? Because Sheila hurt Brooke just as much as she hurt anyone else, but that all gets swept under the rug. Brooke was the only friend Sheila ever had; she looked out for Sheila and stood up to Stephanie about her, she gave her a job, she confided in her. And Sheila used it all against Brooke, and after Brooke found out the depths of her betrayals and cut her out, Sheila still expected to go to Brooke's wedding:

Sheila inflicted all kinds of pain on Brooke; she shot her, she hijacked the BeLief formula, she screwed with Bridget's paternity, she kidnapped Ridge after their marriage in South America; so, I don't have any issue with Brooke's stance here. She has just as much right to voice her opinion about who should be around Steffy and her kids, as Steffy does to say who should be around Hope and her family. The difference between Brooke's concern and Steffy's is simple; Brooke is coming from a place of true love and a desire to protect, while Steffy's stance on Deacon is all about re-uniting her parents. 

While this isn't as bad as most of Sheila's machinations; no guns, no poison, no bees, no kidnapping, it is still beyond the pale to fuck with someone's sobriety. And as a from day one viewer, and a Brooke supporter, I have no doubt that no matter how this plays out, Brooke will come out on the losing end. She will either blame Deacon for sending her the wrong booze, or she will get drunk and something will happen with Deacon, or Ridge will accuse her of being a closet drunk. And it will all be to continue with the Taylor renewal, setting her even further apart from that trashy heaux, who allowed herself to slide off the wagon. UGH! I also suspect that since Sheila laid voice to it in her lame attempt to insult Brooke, that we will be hearing Stehpanie's old moniker quite frequently going forward. Yes, I see a bright shiny new halo, and I see a Tridge reunion, as Ridge reverts to his old ways of walking out on Brooke at her lowest point. 

Fuck him. And fuck Sheila. And fuck Taylor. And fuck Steffy. 

I hope Deacon is the one to pick up the pieces. Let him and Brooke have something special; just friendship and companionship. Let them chap Ridge's ass till it is raw. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 16

Preach, @RuntheTable! You’ve masterfully spelled out exactly why Brooke has every right to be concerned about Sheila. I think many folks forget Taylor wasn’t the only one shot that day she took Dirt Nap #2. Brooke was shot as well and I will never forget that she had a chance to walk away, unnoticed by Sheila, but stayed to help Eric and Taylor. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

...Ridge will accuse her of being a closet drunk.

As opposed to the open drunk that he's become in recent years!

It sure is something that both Taylor AND Brooke have been driven to alcoholism directly because of their relationship with this ogre of a man that was never worth the energy either expended in keeping him. :\

• Love 10

I mostly has sympathy for Sheila because she causes Foresters and Logans to go bonkers. I really don’t care that she’s going to try to take down Brooke. My problem is the method she’s going about it. could cause Deacon is the one that will be sending the fake champagne to Brooke so Sheila tampering with the bottle could implicate Deacon.  

Is Paris becoming more interested in Lurch than Zende?  Shades of Zoey and Carter. 

IMHO, Paris would look much prettier if she got rid of that ridiculous hair do. Even one of Stuffy’s dead dog wigs would be much better.  

• Love 9

Paris’ hair is the worst!  Elena on Y&R runs a close second with her short orange blonde color.  

Got my hopes up when Ridge said he was leaving….thought it would be a longer one!

Something about the “actor” trying to play Zende rubs me the wrong way.  Not sure if it is his monotone vocals.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

And just like that, any progress Sheila has made with this viewer flew out the window. Sheila just doesn't get it. She goes on to the people she terrorized for years; not hours, or days, or weeks, or months, but fucking years, about how she is sorry for that one little mistake she made. And it isn't like Sheila struck once and was gone. Oh no, this psycho kept on coming back for more; I think the dreadful Summer of Sheila was round 4. Sheila has laid down some pretty concrete behavioral patterns, and to just expect people whose lives you have totally fucked up to be all magnanimous with you really does show just how crazy Sheila remains.

I have no problem with Brooke stepping in for Steffy and her family's welfare. Steffy was making strides into being a decent human being until Mummy returned, since then we have watched he slide right back into her hate filled, judgmental, snot nosed hypocrisy. But Brooke is not aware of this, and even if she were I have no doubt she would still go to bat for Steffy and Hayes where Sheila is concerned. 

Why? Because Sheila hurt Brooke just as much as she hurt anyone else, but that all gets swept under the rug. Brooke was the only friend Sheila ever had; she looked out for Sheila and stood up to Stephanie about her, she gave her a job, she confided in her. And Sheila used it all against Brooke, and after Brooke found out the depths of her betrayals and cut her out, Sheila still expected to go to Brooke's wedding:

Sheila inflicted all kinds of pain on Brooke; she shot her, she hijacked the BeLief formula, she screwed with Bridget's paternity, she kidnapped Ridge after their marriage in South America; so, I don't have any issue with Brooke's stance here. She has just as much right to voice her opinion about who should be around Steffy and her kids, as Steffy does to say who should be around Hope and her family. The difference between Brooke's concern and Steffy's is simple; Brooke is coming from a place of true love and a desire to protect, while Steffy's stance on Deacon is all about re-uniting her parents. 

While this isn't as bad as most of Sheila's machinations; no guns, no poison, no bees, no kidnapping, it is still beyond the pale to fuck with someone's sobriety. And as a from day one viewer, and a Brooke supporter, I have no doubt that no matter how this plays out, Brooke will come out on the losing end. She will either blame Deacon for sending her the wrong booze, or she will get drunk and something will happen with Deacon, or Ridge will accuse her of being a closet drunk. And it will all be to continue with the Taylor renewal, setting her even further apart from that trashy heaux, who allowed herself to slide off the wagon. UGH! I also suspect that since Sheila laid voice to it in her lame attempt to insult Brooke, that we will be hearing Stehpanie's old moniker quite frequently going forward. Yes, I see a bright shiny new halo, and I see a Tridge reunion, as Ridge reverts to his old ways of walking out on Brooke at her lowest point. 

Fuck him. And fuck Sheila. And fuck Taylor. And fuck Steffy. 

I hope Deacon is the one to pick up the pieces. Let him and Brooke have something special; just friendship and companionship. Let them chap Ridge's ass till it is raw. 

Wish I could heart this to infinity. 

OK, based on what I've been reading on this forum the last couple of weeks, might be time for me to take a hiatus from watching the crap that is B&B lately....

• Love 6

Going back to Taylor's nudging Steffy to invite Sheila - I had no problem with Steffy's 'Hell no you will not be in any part of my life' approach with Sheila as that crazy lady has more than warranted everyone giving her a wide berth. But I also totally got what Taylor was getting at in keep your friends close and enemies closer; Sheila left to her own devices with no one knowing what she's up to is not a good strategy; Taylor's approach of give her a controlled moment of connection with her family where they can interact with her and observe her to see how she really is doing, is not a bad move. Also Taylor was helping Steffy's marriage even if she didn't know it by giving Finn some much needed acknowledgement of his complicated feelings re Sheila and giving her permission to interact with Sheila. I could give a good poop about Finn altogether but I still appreciated his look of appreciation, relief, and gratitude towards Taylor as she explained to Steffy what he wasn't allowed to re Sheila. But Taylor was no dummy; she made it clear that she'd be watching Sheila closely and Taylor was hip to Sheila's attempts to spy on her conversation with Steffy during Christmas Eve dinner and quickly shut her trap to not give her any info to use to her advantage (not that it helped given today's show).  All in all, I liked Taylor's approach because while still leaving themselves open to Sheila's manipulations, they won't be completely blindsided; also Finn's gonna see for himself that Sheila's gonna do what she's gonna do and justify her actions with irrational reasons for himself. He won't learn until he's been burned.

If Kelly could spend Christmas Eve at the cabin with Liam, Hope, and Douglas then Douglas should've been with his dad at Steffy's so he could have the holiday with both parents.  And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Carter having the balls to show up at Eric and Quinn's holiday gathering was ah-maz-ing. Why didn't we get Katie inviting him to her gathering with Bill and Will and Flo and Wyatt with Shauna in tow? Would've been a nice change of scenery for once.

Brooke poking the bear that is Sheila was not smart, but Sheila once again is acting irrationally in reaction to Brooke's WORDS with dangerous actions by giving a recovering alcoholic alcohol and breaking her sobriety.  Sheila brings the sledgehammer when she just needs a fly swatter.

I don't get what they're doing with Paris. She's happy being a strong independent woman and Zende is setting himself up for disappointment moving too fast. Carter at least isn't he dope in this situation. He's actually just being a good listener.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

KB’s new teeth are very white & distracting. I realized that they have moved on from the Ted King storyline rather quickly. He’s not even a part of of the equation  since the Jack is the real father reveal. He was really talking up his part when he was hired but he’s hardly ever on. He must be pissed. I guess shaving the mustache didn’t help him enough. LOL!!! They’ve moved Sheila from Jack to Steffy, Finn, Hayes and Taylor and now Brooke. So Sheila wants Brooke to become a drunk because she called Sheila crazy or something? How does getting Brooke drunk help her with seeing more of Finn & the baby? Did I miss something? 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I don't get what they're doing with Paris

Nobody does.

Granted, CBS may have added her as a response to the semi-annual call out over representation in their daytime line-up, but turning her into Cricket Blair 2: LA Boogaloo just ain't it.

I really don't hate her because she's done nothing for me TO hate in the grand scheme of things. But putting a undeserved halo is irritating as hell. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Are the Spencers still part of this show?  I'm not a regular viewer but have been watching here and there and haven't seen Bill or Wyatt at all, and Liam appearances have been spotty (not complaining about that one, though).

Darren Brooks has been away filming for another show. I have no clue why Bill's been MIA. 

Fully agree about weasel as Liam, dude's eaten up the show long enough and he can go sit in the corner.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

How does getting Brooke drunk help her with seeing more of Finn & the baby? Did I miss something? 

You took the question right out of my mouth. Stopping Brooke would require Sheila to dip into her standard bag of tricks; shooting, poisoning, kidnapping, but I don't think they want to go to that level of crazy. Instead, they will have Sheila cause a temporary bump in Brooke's road. I think we can all figure it out right? Ridge will come home to celebrate New Year's and will find a drunk Brooke either alone or with Deacon. He will run to Taylor and a new/old romance will ensue. But that will not do Sheila any good. It will not change Brooke's mind about her, particularly if she finds out Sheila is the one that fucked with the champagne. And it won't change a thing in Sheila's history. So, for this viewer, it is just a mean spirited, high school level prank to cause someone you are mad at pain. 

I need to address Ridge and his nonchalant reaction to Taylor wanting Sheila to come over Christmas Eve. Yeah, I get her reasoning about keeping your enemies close, and I agree that Sheila is someone you want to keep an eye on and not leave to their own devices. But when you consider how he has behaved over Deacon; barking, and bellowing, issuing orders and ultimatums and evictions, yelling at his wife, and accusing her of wanting another man, grabbing liquor and storming out, eye fucking and tongue bathing his ex-wife while allowing her to bash Brooke. It is all so over the top, but he was all like "eh, whatever, no big deal that Taylor wanted to spend Christmas Eve with a psychopath." What a slap in Brooke's face. Clearly, Ridge is saying that Brooke and Hope's judgement about Deacon is off, but his very intelligent ex-wife is on point, and is just so much smarter than them Logan girls. 

I sense a rage blackout on the horizon......

• Love 13
14 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Because Sheila hurt Brooke just as much as she hurt anyone else, but that all gets swept under the rug. Brooke was the only friend Sheila ever had; she looked out for Sheila and stood up to Stephanie about her, she gave her a job, she confided in her. And Sheila used it all against Brooke, and after Brooke found out the depths of her betrayals and cut her out, Sheila still expected to go to Brooke's wedding:

Sheila inflicted all kinds of pain on Brooke; she shot her, she hijacked the BeLief formula, she screwed with Bridget's paternity, she kidnapped Ridge after their marriage in South America; so, I don't have any issue with Brooke's stance here.

I almost forgot Brooke and Sheila used to be tight, some of my favorite vintage clips of the 90's are of those two (mostly because of the hair/fashion lol). This makes Sheila's anger look even more ridiculous. "WyH cAn'T yOu Be MoRe LiKe TaYlOr!1" dude if she were more like Taylor she would've never befriended you/stuck her neck out for you in the first place. Sit down lol. 

• Love 5
Just now, Skarzero said:

I almost forgot Brooke and Sheila used to be tight, some of my favorite vintage clips of the 90's are of those two (mostly because of the hair/fashion lol). This makes Sheila's anger look even more ridiculous. "WyH cAn'T yOu Be MoRe LiKe TaYlOr!1" dude if she were more like Taylor she would've never befriended you/stuck her neck out for you in the first place. Sit down lol. 

But this is the problem with the show in a nutshell, it doesn't take anything historical into context.  Why would Brooke be so protective of Taylor and her daughter and grandson?  Brooke's husband is acting like a total asshole and all Brooke is worried about is Sheila hurting Taylor, Steffi and Hayes?!  Brooke and Taylor have been at odds for 30 years.

If the writers want to break up Brooke and Ridge (which I'm totally down for!) to free up Ridge for Taylor (and Brooke for Deacon), they don't need Sheila in her hotel room with a hair dryer and a tea kettle.

And I do love how characters are now saying they admire Brooke and her sobriety, when in the last several years Brooke has never mentioned, nor has shown us, anything she has done for her recovery (meeting attendance, sponsorship, making amends, carrying the message) other than abstaining from alcohol.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Darren Brooks has been away filming for another show. I have no clue why Bill's been MIA. 

Fully agree about weasel as Liam, dude's eaten up the show long enough and he can go sit in the corner.

Thank you!  Yes, I'm not sad about the sidelining of Liam either.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

But this is the problem with the show in a nutshell, it doesn't take anything historical into context.  Why would Brooke be so protective of Taylor and her daughter and grandson?  Brooke's husband is acting like a total asshole and all Brooke is worried about is Sheila hurting Taylor, Steffi and Hayes?!  Brooke and Taylor have been at odds for 30 years.

True, but that's probably the point. As mentioned before TIIC are just pulling reasons out their ass for Brooke and Taylor to disagree with each other. Because there is no real reason Taylor should open the door to Sheila even a crack "keep your enemies closer" and Finn's feelings be damned(I mean if google/personal accounts isn't enough then that's his problem) he can learn the hard away from a distance. Keeping Sheila Carter away should be the one thing they agree about after so long. But nooo that would be consistent and good development and we can't have that. I think Brooke has long accepted that Shrek is gonna Shrek and there is nothing she's willing to do to stop it or walk away. She's called Ridge's doormat for a reason. 

What confuses me is that Sheila "murdered" Taylor and essentially paved the way for Brooke to be with Ridge again. Something she continues to bitch about even though Shrek left Brooke for her when she came back from dirt nap 2. Sheila has the bulk of the responsibility there but Taylor has only ever had smoke for Brooke and her family. I just can't take her all that seriously if she's giving the woman that shot her a bigger break (even if it's only to micromanage her) than she's ever given Brooke, even if she doesn't like her, she hasn't stooped any lower than Taylor herself has.  

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

So Brooke can’t tell that the “non-alcoholic” champagne is getting her buzzed?

I wondered this as well. Perhaps once she gets buzzed, she loses her ability to make good choices. 

How does Zende not get a clue that Paris doesn't feel the same way he does? 

• Love 4

It’s getting to the point where I have to check my brain before I watch this show. 

A restaurant cannot sell a closed bottle of liquor to be consumed elsewhere. Their liquor license only allows them to sell liquor that is consumed on premises. To sell liquor off premises requires a complete different license and an establishment can’t have both. 

That was quick. Taylor already has an office and is making appointments.  

If Brooke is a true alcoholic, how would she not know that it was real champagne after one glass. I’m quite sure she would have a familiar buzz. 

Where’s Lurch??  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

A restaurant cannot sell a closed bottle of liquor to be consumed elsewhere. Their liquor license only allows them to sell liquor that is consumed on premises. To sell liquor off premises requires a complete different license and an establishment can’t have both. 

My brain has turned to mush, too, but did Deacon give Brooke the liquor?

47 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

My brain has turned to mush, too, but did Deacon give Brooke the liquor?

No. It was Shiela who changed the labels on the champagne bottles. Shiela was than able to switch the bottles at the restaurant and than the restaurant delivered the champagne to Brooke 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

No. It was Shiela who changed the labels on the champagne bottles. Shiela was than able to switch the bottles at the restaurant and than the restaurant delivered the champagne to Brooke 

Yeah, I know Sheila changed the labels but there was a scene of her and Brooke at the restaurant and I didn't remember if Deacon told Brooke he was going to have the liquor delivered to her. 

Oh Brooke if only you’d run to Safeway or Trader Joe’s yourself. Sad she didn’t notice she was getting tipsy. To be tipsy, horny and Ridgeless. Oh wait, who’s that Sensei?
Zende you had the beautiful Nicole. Enough of fawning over this a-hole that is Paris.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It’s getting to the point where I have to check my brain before I watch this show. 

That was quick. Taylor already has an office and is making appointments.  

If Brooke is a true alcoholic, how would she not know that it was real champagne after one glass. I’m quite sure she would have a familiar buzz. 

Where’s Lurch??  

Florida has a few package/bar combos. 

• Useful 2

I fully expected Ridge to come in and find Brooke alone with Deacon in her sexy lingerie; at least we were spared that. 

None of this is making sense to me. How is Brooke going to be held accountable for drinking the real deal? Hope and Liam both saw the non-alcoholic champagne delivered; the labeling on the bottle says it is non-alcoholic, and of course it is supposed to taste pretty much like the real stuff. This would not be Brooke's fault, it would not be Deacon's fault, it would not be the delivery guys fault, and it would not be the bar's fault. This would be a manufacturing mistake, with incorrect labels being applied to bottles, so I am very curious to see how they will pin it on Brooke. 

Having said that, I agree with the comments above that after several glasses of the stuff Brooke should have gotten that warm, glowing, boozy buzz. She should have realized that something was off. Actually, she isn't even showing signs of being the slightest bit tipsy. A bit giggly maybe, but Brooke can often be that way. It really pisses me off; she was having a wonderful evening with her grandkids, and Sheila has to interfere. What if the decision had been made to leave the kids with Brooke since Ridge was out of town? She could have easily passed out leaving them unattended. 

This is why plot contrivance doesn't work. As was also said above; if they wanted to break up Bridge, they didn't need to arm Sheila with a tea kettle and a hair dryer. But it seems the goal is always to make Brooke look bad, and I have no doubt she will be dragged to the ends of the earth for falling off the wagon, and for whatever is about to happen with Deacon. 

But holy shit that scene reminded me of their beginning. And as much as I don't want them to fall into bed, is as much as I do want them to fall into bed. Happening this way though, would only leave Brooke humiliated, and would give Ridge and his other family all the ammo they need. 

Brooke looked hot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Just add vodka and you have instaslut! Baby doll voice, laughing like an idiot and trying to sexy walk. Too dumb to notice the non alcoholic champagne was clearly not.

And would it have killed Deacon to not succumb to her drunken charms? He could have called Hope and told her your mom must have been drinking. He would have been the hero. 

• Love 11

As much as I can't stand this version of Ridge, I don't understand why Brooke is upset with him and all butt hurt because he's missing New Year's Eve with her.  It's not his fault that his flight is delayed and, if anything, she should be more concerned about his safety than getting pissy drunk.  Also, I'm disappointed in Deacon for drinking with her.  I want Brooke and Deacon to be together but I hate this story. 

• Love 10

Douglas witnessing 'Grandma Brooke' kissing Santa is too soapy good. I honestly thought we'd get Liam being the one to witness it and clutching his pearls about whether to tell Hope or Ridge.  The show could've played the moment better with it being Thomas was bringing Douglas home from the festivities at Steffy's and Douglas talks about wanting his binky with Thomas witnessing the Breacon moment. As it stands loose lips Douglas is gonna stir things up soon enough with whoever he blabs to as everyone knows Ridge was out of town. This is gonna be amusing. Also def noticed the tension with the mention of Douglas not being with Thomas for the party so, yup, custody issues seem to be on the horizon.

Had to roll my eyes at Kelly pricking her finger on the cactus and Sheila now bringing 'injury' to a third generation of Hayes woman. The only way this could be interesting is if Kelly develops an infection and is sick in the hospital where blood test results come in that Kelly is not Liam's daughter but Bill's and half the audience can be vindicated.  Liam would spiral but be freed of Steffy and Bill would have organic entry into this storyline with him throwing his weight around with Taylor and Finn.

Paris actually let Zende down pretty well all things considered but he seemed really pissed off which...dude you just got out of a marriage and was happy prowling around. What about Paris makes you want to tie yourself down again so soon? 

I still don't get nor care about Paris.  Carter went from wallpaper and wedding officiant to having too much of a main story of falling in love/lust/like with 4 women insider of a year - Zoe, Quinn, Katie, and now Paris. How can you root for this man when he stumbles from woman to woman?

4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

And would it have killed Deacon to not succumb to her drunken charms? He could have called Hope and told her your mom must have been drinking. He would have been the hero. 

This. I cannot believe Deacon failed Hope and himself so spectacularly in his first real rest. He broke his own sobriety just to be with Brooke. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Deacon said that he was already buzzed so why had he been drinking real alcohol at Brooke’s house earlier since he is an alcoholic himself. Plus, why didn’t anyone call him out on it. Also, it felt creepy when Deacon continued after just accepting that Brooke was not drunk when clearly he should have recognized that wasn’t true. I know he has missed her, but in this case he should have said that maybe they should both call their sponsors instead of drinking the real stuff. Deacon would have been better off playing the long game by being her friend for now and waiting for her to jump ship from Ridge when he inevitably screws up again. Instead, she’s just going to regret their interaction again. 

• Love 13

I can't wait for Douglas to blab that "I saw Grandma kissing Santa Claus." But I have to agree with @Angeleyes. I think it would have been better for Deacon to help Brooke sober up instead of moving in on her so fast.

I think once the hangover subsides and "Brooke, you've got some 'splainin' to do," from Ridge, Brooke is going to cut Deacon off at the knees. 

I drink NA beer and wine now and then and what some people don't realize is that those drinks still contain 0.5% alcohol. It's not that much, but if you aren't a regular drinker, you can feel a tiny temporary buzz. You would have to drink an AWFUL LOT of it to get a real high, but I don't think you could actually get drunk.

Since Brooke had recently consumed the NA champagne on Christmas Eve, she should have been able to gauge how she was feeling compared to the drunk she was heading into with the new bottle. 

It appears that Deacon jumps on and off the wagon with ease. It wasn't that long ago when he and Sheila were drowning their sorrows at the Il Gardino bar. Then he sobers up when it fits the situation. If he was tipsy, then that means he was drinking in front of Hope anyway. He didn't have time to leave the NYE gathering, go drink someplace else, then come right back to retrieve his phone. (Unless he keeps a flask in his car!) 

So what happened with Katie and Carter? I kind of liked them together and thought they were headed somewhere. He gave up too quickly just because Katie rescheduled lunch with him to have a family video call with Will. That doesn't automatically mean that she's still in love with Bill.

IMO, Paris is WAAAY too young and immature for Carter. So much for her little letdown speech to Zende. I don't get why the writers either get him off the main canvas or pair him up with Donna. I don't see TIIC bringing on a new love interest just for him.  At the worst, if those two hook up, it's going to look like payback for Zende and Zoe.

Can you imagine the employee gossip at FC? 🤩

Last but not least ... LOVED LOVED LOVED @TobinAlbers plot twist to reveal that Kelly is really Bill's daughter. Fingers crossed!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Show doesn’t know what do with HT & DD. They sorta want them back together but not. HT was great with DB & now with LSV but they dropped the idea. DD big storyline with the hit & run & jail was short and sweet. I know a few months ago he was begging Katie to come back to him but I haven’t seen him since. The show also got bored with Jack and his wife, too. They have completely moved on from the Sheila vortex and now Sheila is causing havoc for Brooke which is dumb. I guess the show is going to put nuTaylor with Ridge and give them a few sex scenes to see if it works. Hopefully, the wig will survive. All in all, the show is a cluster you know what. 

• Love 5

So do rich people in LA go to restaurants to buy bottles for delivery? 

Then a bottle of champagne wouldn't have Brooke falling down stumbling unless she had no tolerance at all. She didn't even drink the entire thing. 

Does Douglas think she was kissing Santa?

Can Carter not find someone that isn't attached and doesn't end up with him betraying friends with cheating? Is he going after Brooke next? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I want Brooke and Deacon to be together but I hate this story. 

I have never been a Brooke fan but I'd much prefer her with Deacon than this version of Ridge and I hate this story too. It is just awful. First, I'm pretty sure Brooke would know she was feeling drunk. I haven't had a drink in ages (not because I have a problem with alcohol - it just has sort of happened) and I would know I was feeling the affects of alcohol. I mean come on. Second:

There’s not a five year old on the planet that couldn’t have predicted this sorry plot. Shame on these writers. How about some imagination or creativity or talent? 

These people get paid a fairly good salary for this crap. These people are allegedly professional writers and they couldn't think of a better way to get Brooke and Deacon together? No other idea occurred to anyone? Pffft. Plus why is the default storyline always Brooke ending up in situations like this?

So what happened with Katie and Carter? I kind of liked them together and thought they were headed somewhere. He gave up too quickly just because Katie rescheduled lunch with him to have a family video call with Will. That doesn't automatically mean that she's still in love with Bill.

IMO, Paris is WAAAY too young and immature for Carter.

I'm pretty disappointed if this is truly the end to Carter and Katie. She was smiling so much! But as @ByaNose said, they have no idea what to do with HT or DD. Carter and Paris is just a no go for me. The character isn't interesting at all and the actress is terrible. LSV isn't a great actor either but at least he's competent when he has a good scene partner like HT or RS.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Douglas witnessing 'Grandma Brooke' kissing Santa is too soapy good. I honestly thought we'd get Liam being the one to witness it and clutching his pearls about whether to tell Hope or Ridge

Well, they already used him for that purpose once before when Bill cheated on Katie the second time, so I guess the writers have some ability to be creative, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯At least Douglas doesn't have to worry about Grandma Brooke smacking him when it comes out who she kissed.

If there was ever a time that I thought Brooke was Bell favorite who skated off on everything, that time has long since past. Brooke is the new Bridget.

2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

IMO, Paris is WAAAY too young and immature for Carter. So much for her little letdown speech to Zende. I don't get why the writers either get him off the main canvas or pair him up with Donna.

Given that Donna is the biological mother of his now-forgotten brother Marcus, that would be....awkward, even by B&B standards :p

But the show clearly seems to have no use for him beyond random hook up and the on-call minister for living room weddings and it shows.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Carter went from wallpaper and wedding officiant to having too much of a main story of falling in love/lust/like with 4 women insider of a year - Zoe, Quinn, Katie, and now Paris. How can you root for this man when he stumbles from woman to woman?

I don't see him stumbling at all. He's walking quite naturally for a single guy. 

• Love 3

So many things just don't make sense; I realize I am suppose to suspend disbelief, but at the same time I at least want to understand what I am watching. 

1. How could Brooke not have known she was drinking the full leaded stuff?
  2. How could Deacon not tell Brooke was already getting tipsy?
  3. Why did Brooke suddenly decide to start drinking Vodka when she has held tight to her sobriety for years?

I can't deny that it was nice to see Brooke happy and laughing, and just hanging out with someone, but not like this. 

And now they have pulled little Douglas into it, that really annoys me. The kid has been through enough, now he will feel bad for blowing up grandma's world. 

Here is the thing though; Ridge will of course go completely off the rails when he finds out Brooke kissed Deacon, and we don't know if that is where it will stop. Hopefully, the kiss will be all that happens. And I am going to say in advance that Ridge can shove his outrage. Why? Two words; Quinn and Shauna. 

And now Carter is kissing Paris? It was bad enough that he texted her Zende's plans, something I found completely disrespectful. There is no way, absolutely no way, I will ever be able to support a Carter/Paris hookup. It feels all kinda wrong and plain out gives me a raging case of the sticky icks. 

14 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Had to roll my eyes at Kelly pricking her finger on the cactus and Sheila now bringing 'injury' to a third generation of Hayes woman. The only way this could be interesting is if Kelly develops an infection and is sick in the hospital where blood test results come in that Kelly is not Liam's daughter but Bill's and half the audience can be vindicated.  Liam would spiral but be freed of Steffy and Bill would have organic entry into this storyline with him throwing his weight around with Taylor and Finn.

OH! Can we have this? Please, please, pretty please? OMG, having Bill inserted into the happy Finnegan family would be all kinds of hilarious, especially if Ridge gets back with Taylor. Imma ship this out to Show post haste, because this really needs to happen. 

13 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I think once the hangover subsides and "Brooke, you've got some 'splainin' to do," from Ridge, Brooke is going to cut Deacon off at the knees. 

Yes. And that is why I hate this SL so much. Why can't they let Brooke and Deacon move back together without it being about them breaking their sobriety? Brooke is going to be horrified by everything, will be eaten up with quilt and will no doubt double down in staying away from Deacon. I would lay bets that Ridge will come home to a stressed out wife who can't come clean for obvious reasons. Then, Douglas will eventually spill the beans, Ridge will run to Taylor, and Deacon will move in to pick up the pieces of Brooke's broken heart. But that isn't a real romance. I totally wanted them to really connect this time. But it will only be a repeat of years ago, and Brooke will eventually want Destiny back and we will be treated to four grown assed people making fools of themselves. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

Real talk, but the show didn't even go this deep into Brooke's alcoholism way back when she first developed it. I don't even think she even went to rehab, even. 

And if Sheila was gonna gaslight Brooke, she could take a cue from Massimo to spike a drink or two with flavorless vodka so when she started craving a drink or acting weird, she'd have no reason why, geez.

• Love 4

I would even hesitate to label Brooke as an "alcoholic." I recall a couple of week, maybe a month tops, that she drank a lot of vodka at home. Next, she was tipsy and giggly at Katie's wedding.  Then she talked to Deacon a bit and went to a few AA meetings.  While Brooke doesn't drink these days, the only references to it are when she mentions NA champagne or the noticeable glass of water at family gatherings. 

At the same time, Katie was drunk enough to mess up at a few home dinners with Bill and Will and she got sober, but now is drinking. There was some jumbled explanation that Katie's therapist said the drinking was linked to PPD, which was over, thus greenlighting the drinking. Given Katie's tumultuous emotions, that seems like a really bad idea. 

Go figure ... 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I'm pretty disappointed if this is truly the end to Carter and Katie. She was smiling so much! But as @ByaNose said, they have no idea what to do with HT or DD. Carter and Paris is just a no go for me.

I 100% agree with this! Carter and Katie are more age appropriate and their life experiences of not being first choice for their prior partners gave them a reason to relate to and appreciate each other. I thought the two actors had good chemistry as well! Paris seems uncomfortably too young for Carter.  I would be more interested if she dumped Zende for Thomas.  I feel like we are missing out on two promising couples for one very awkward one.  Do you think it’s possible somebody behind the scenes has a problem with interracial relationships? Are they nervous because they screwed up so badly with the “Eric demanding Carter sleep with his wife” story? I mean they really did botch that one in the most offensive way possible (unfortunately for the Quarter actors because they had super couple potential), but throwing Paris and Carter together is NOT the remedy for that in my opinion.

• Love 12

I would even hesitate to label Brooke as an "alcoholic."

Agreed. The 'story' went absolutely no where and I don't recall it lasting very long.

Why can't they let Brooke and Deacon move back together without it being about them breaking their sobriety?

These writers are lazy. It's much easier to write this same old tired type story than actually getting Brooke and Deacon together organically. The actors have chemistry, there is no doubt and I'd like to see a real relationship develop but that would take time and care.

Why? Because what do Brooke and Deacon really have in common beyond Hope and sexual heat? Brooke has money and has been living the good life for a long time. She's educated. I don't know if this clash of worlds and bad boy thing has potential for the long haul, but I'd like to see the writers try.

But that won't happen and I think we all know it.

But it will only be a repeat of years ago, and Brooke will eventually want Destiny back and we will be treated to four grown assed people making fools of themselves. 

Exactly. Rinse and repeat is what this show does best.

Are they nervous because they screwed up so badly with the “Eric demanding Carter sleep with his wife” story? I mean they really did botch that one in the most offensive way possible

It's possible because that whole ED thing was an awful mess. Yikes. But I agree, I thought Katie and Carter had solid chemistry. Too bad because I don't think Carter and Paris have any chemistry.

Sigh. This show.

RIP Betty White

• Love 14