Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

And then there was Deacon who, besides Hope, was the only rational person in the room. 

You know, I miss this show having actual outsiders who could call out the Forresters for their shit and didn't care about their money. Most like Nick and Bill ultimately sank into similar patterns of using others or being callous, but apart from the Bridget thing Deacon never did.

As long as he keeps this up, I'll be all for it.

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

guess I will have to be the only one who see's Paris's actions another way. I think her decision to move out of Cliff House shows she wants to do the right thing.

Nope, it's not just you. I'm as sick of the tongue bathing as everyone else but...what has she honestly done to deserve the level of hate I've only ever seen directed at Flo? There are worse, more obnoxious hypocrites on Show (Hi, Brooke!) and there are even Nosier Nellies (mainly Katie, but most of the cast is so involved about Eric's dick right now) and every major character on canvas except Hope has stepped out of their relationships.

I mean, if she has to be shoehorned into some relationship, I'd honestly rather it be Thomas rather than trying to continue making fetch happen with Finn and hopefully put the Hope obsession to bed.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

You know, I miss this show having actual outsiders who could call out the Forresters for their shit and didn't care about their money. Most like Nick and Bill ultimately sank into similar patterns of using others or being callous, but apart from the Bridget thing Deacon never did.

This.  A thousand times this.

• Love 7

Brooke telling Deacon that he can’t come back to Hope’s house? Mind your own damn business. All of you. And the accusations she and Ridge are hurling at him are just repeats of their own actions. They are the last people to criticize anyone else!

• Love 14

Deacon’s thought bubble today…‘of all of the barstools, in all of the bars, in all of the land, Sheila Carter has to prop her broomstick right next to my seat...’ 

He’s still so dirty hot, I’m so glad he’s back, especially since $Bill is MIA & Carter is looking like a scolded puppy. Welcome back, Daddy.

Edited by nkotb
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Technically isn't the cabin on Brooke's property?  If this gets Hope and Liam into a proper home of their own, it would be a win for the audience.  

Yeah, it is her property, so technically it's her right to ban whoever she wants but like Nick Newman banging on about Adam, she's right for the wrong reasons.

I didn't think I could hate Brooke more than I did when he tried using her eggs as bait to get Nick from Taylor, but the writers found more room to clear under a bar, whose depth is set lower than Naval submarines can safety cruise. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

After being somewhat detached (usually multi-tasking) in watching for last couple years, today was the first time I felt involved. I so wanted Hope to throw Ridge and Brook out then while holding the door open look over at Liam as if daring him to say one more word.  

The interaction between Sheila and Deacon made me laugh. That scene was well written and acted.

• Love 12

Okay, time for a quick Deacon tutorial:

What did he do that landed him in prison? I remember him being a major league creep, but I don't remember him doing anything prison worthy.

And now I see what the sudden connection between Hope and Finn is going to be based on:

A suddenly back-on-the-scene parent who their family (including their spouse) hates and demands that they banish from their lives forever.

The only difference though, is that Hope knows all the drama that Deacon brings. Poor befuddled Finn knows absolutely nothing about Sheila beyond what he's been told (although her behavior since he's met her should be cluing him in by now). 

Which brings me back to my original question: Has Deacon done anything remotely as awful as some of Sheila's actual crimes? I just don't remember.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Another day and another day I have to put Brooke and Ridge on mute. I can’t stand their condescending and bloviating way in their view on other peoples’ lives. Liam is on mute also for it’s his father that is no saint either. Sorry Bill, I love you but I’m stating a fact.  Ridge calling Deacon a criminal is rich because Ridge is calling the kettle black. Ridge has not been to jail but he’s committed a few crimes himself. 

I wasn’t around than so I’m not sure but wasn’t it Brooke that did everything she could to keep Deacon away from Hope?  

So predictably predictable that Sheila and Deacon meet in a bar 🙄.  They instantly became my favorite duo. Now if TIIC only throw Quinn into the mix, that will become my favorite trio. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Shrek and Fiona need to mind their motherf**king business holy flippin shit. Brooke, Hope can't choose who her father is but YOU CAN AND DID SO STFU!!! It's about 30 years (20 or so years in real time) too late to talk this kind of shit.  

The level of righteous indignation, and hypocrisy from Shrek, Fiona and Lame was just plain despicable. Deacon's done nothing but fail Hope? Ridge protected Hope her whole life? So the writers have resorted to revising history in broad daylight then? All this ranting & dissent coming from the same people who sat and watched with their thumbs up their ass while Steffy and Bill emotionally abused & bullied Hope for years. Liam did hardly anything to mitigate this and Ridge has long stopped caring about the kind of shit his #2 demon seed get's up to anymore, as long as she's not hurt. Then out of his own stupid mouth admits to not caring for her and she's a "stain on the family" which I didn't even know he said, so fuck him eternally for that. And Brooke married the fucker (Bill) twice. And is now married to the man ogre that said such things about her daughter. All three of them can jump off a damn cliff. 

Liam when you forgave Bill for the trillionth time, I don't remember you consulting Hope once and she certainly didn't pipe up to voice her rightful distain/mistrust of Bill now did she? How about showing the same support for once? Not likely to happen since the synonym for one-sided loyalty is Lope at the end of the day. God I hate this fucking show...  

The more people say Paris is this and that the more I'm inclined to believe she's insufferable. Have these people not learned anything from licking Taylor's ass? Fuck outta here with that shit. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 12
28 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

The more people say Paris is this and that the more I'm inclined to believe she's insufferable. Have these people not learned anything from licking Taylor's ass? Fuck outta here with that shit. 

Between Finn and Steffy, Zende, and now Thomas going on, and on, and on about how truly wonderful and amazing and perfect Paris is, it's a wonder she can can get her head through doors at this point!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TVForever said:

Okay, time for a quick Deacon tutorial:

What did he do that landed him in prison? I remember him being a major league creep, but I don't remember him doing anything prison worthy.

And now I see what the sudden connection between Hope and Finn is going to be based on:

A suddenly back-on-the-scene parent who their family (including their spouse) hates and demands that they banish from their lives forever.

The only difference though, is that Hope knows all the drama that Deacon brings. Poor befuddled Finn knows absolutely nothing about Sheila beyond what he's been told (although her behavior since he's met her should be cluing him in by now). 

Which brings me back to my original question: Has Deacon done anything remotely as awful as some of Sheila's actual crimes? I just don't remember.

IIRC, Deacon went to jail because he “came back from the dead” after Quinn pushed him off the cliff and he tried to choke her to death. 
Deacon was involved in some shady things over the years, but the most devious things he ever did was to help Quinn with continuing captive cabin and the infamous deflowering of Bridget while her family listened on the phone. Sheila is way worse IMHO. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 10/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, TVForever said:

In short, no. His prison stint was him trying to shoot Quinn for shoving him off a cliff when he got sick of covering for Captive Cabin--where I believe he was still legally married to her!--and that was a stupid twist ending because they ran out of a way to end the last Sheila story.

As evil as Ridge makes Quinn out to be, you'd think he'd call the guy up to finish the job, rather than use it as a point against him. 🤷‍♀️

On 10/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, Waldo13 said:

wasn’t around than so I’m not sure but wasn’t it Brooke that did everything she could to keep Deacon away from Hope?  

Yep. Not because of any "danger" but because her destiny became wide open after Taylor was shot and she wanted a happy family with him. Like, Hope was born in July, Taylor shot in October and the episode of Deacon spilling to Ridge as a means to ruining her  "happy" ending was late December.

Early 2000s Brooke was awful, second only to early '20s Brooke who has become everything I grew to despise about Taylor. If they need a judgemental harpy running interference just bring her back, geez.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, TeamGabi said:

And Brooke married the fucker (Bill) twice.

As gross as it was that Brooke fucked over Katie, I was more appalled that she forgave her own daughter's Stephanie Forrester even more. And I mean, the shit was pipping freah when this was going on. Not even the chemistry between them or Katie's repugnant personality could neutralize that for me.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, TeamGabi said:

This show does so much telling and no showing.

Its funny because most fans of the show consider Bridget a saint because of the grace and compassion shown to the long parade of people who have done her dirty and no one ever had to prop her up like this to make it happen. We saw her show grace to Nick and Brooke; we saw her standing up for Taylor to raise the son that came about directly by Brooke's meddling even after Taylor accused her of being in on it; we saw her go off on Nick and Katie and cut bait but show compassion after they lost their child because she's been there.

Rarest of all, she saw her genuinely apologize to Aggie for being a heinous bitch...not because it led to her losing the child Aggie was carrying for her, but because it was the right thing to do. She could've justified her cheating to Nick and I would've been there for it but she took her lumps on that too (to my chagrin....I wasn't a fan of Nick by then, if you couldn't tell).

No one has to give speeches to tell us about her "virtue" (seriously Bell, get better adjectives!) and how rainbows shot out of her ass to get across how wonderful she was. That was shown in the text. Paris is the lastest victim of this but it's a thing B&B does often and it's tiresome, even in more deserving characters.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, TVForever said:

Between Finn and Steffy, Zende, and now Thomas going on, and on, and on about how truly wonderful and amazing and perfect Paris is, it's a wonder she can can get her head through doors at this point!

Or those boobs. 

• LOL 8

As soon as Deacon showed up, I knew he would be crossing paths with Sheila. I just didn’t think it would be so quickly. I loved Sheila berating Deacon with “You’re going to let the Forresters win!?!?!”,  because when I went back and watched all of those Sheila scenes, the one thing that stood out was how Sheila sees life as a game and other people are only obstacles to Her finish line. 

The Writers are actually cruel to give Brooke and Ridge no better storyline than to be annoying, judgmental busybodies.  There’s not even a hint of inner conflict or ambiguity in any of their dialogue in the scenes I can stand to sit through.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The Writers are actually cruel to give Brooke and Ridge no better storyline than to be annoying, judgmental busybodies.  There’s not even a hint of inner conflict or ambiguity in any of their dialogue in the scenes I can stand to sit through.  

It really is, but for Brooke especially, who has been shown to have compassion on occasion . Hell, even Old School Ridge who was a complete hothead had his moments ofact and graciousness. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Its funny because most fans of the show consider Bridget a saint because of the grace and compassion shown to the long parade of people who have done her dirty and no one ever had to prop her up like this to make it happen.

Hope is the new Bridget in the sense of getting dumped on the most out of any recent characters:

1) Beth "dying" inc. Flo & Thomas's part in the whole storyline and now having to make nice with them;

2) taking Liam back after he was unfaithful because of a freakin' mannequin! And the whole WTD that resulted;

3) I have a feeling Hope keeping quiet about Finn's communications with Sheila will come back to bite Hope in the ass

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

As gross as it was that Brooke fucked over Katie, I was more appalled that she forgave her own daughter's Stephanie Forrester even more. And I mean, the shit was pipping freah when this was going on. Not even the chemistry between them or Katie's repugnant personality could neutralize that for me.

Same. The whole time I kept thinking "Where is Hope? Is she going to be allowed to berate her mother for falling in love with this asshole who toyed with her life on multiple occasions?" The biggest failure of Brill was that Hope didn't get be enraged by it, or even give Bill a taste of his own medicine by at least trying to come between them. 

I know Katie was done dirty, I just didn't really have any fucks to give about that. And I didn't even know about her own colorful history with Bridget/Nick back then I just thought she was too annoying for her own good Lol. 

15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Taylor shot in October

Hayes was born in July wasn't he? If so good. That means we are right on schedule for Sheila to shoot Felony then right? (Please god let us have this) 

45 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Hope is the new Bridget in the sense of getting dumped on the most out of any recent characters:

1) Beth "dying" inc. Flo & Thomas's part in the whole storyline and now having to make nice with them;

2) taking Liam back after he was unfaithful because of a freakin' mannequin! And the whole WTD that resulted;

3) I have a feeling Hope keeping quiet about Finn's communications with Sheila will come back to bite Hope in the ass

This is the reason I wish Hope was more of a bitch. It would make the character and the show feel more balanced. Gabi on DOOL was the girl next door at first then she got fucked with a few too many times and has now been transformed into somewhat of a mustache twirling villain. She might be mean and hated on alot but the worthwhile trade-off is nowadays bitches think twice before messing with her.  

• Love 3

Hypocrite; as defined by RuntheTable:

Narrow minded, shrieking, judgmental harpies, who consider themselves the keepers of other people's lives and decisions. Most specifically, this includes those who have run roughshod over loved ones, breaking the oldest and darkest taboo's by committing acts of the deepest betrayal. Those who deem themselves deserving of second chances, and forgiveness, and understanding, but are not willing, or able, to extend the same consideration to others. People who consider themselves judge and jury; passing judgement on those they consider less worthy, and beyond redemption, even though they themselves continue to commit emotional crimes and sins against those they claim to love. 

Here's looking at you Brooke, Ridge and Liam. 

Brooke - You did everything you could to drive a wedge between Hope and her father, claiming Deacon was a monster. Yet, he wasn't so bad when you opened your legs for him was he? How about when you were proclaiming your love for him? No, what happened was Taylor died again and you saw your opening and took it. And there is nothing wrong with that. However, turning on Deacon who did nothing but love you was wrong. Acting like your life depended on staying away from him and keeping him away from Hope was wrong. Sending him and Macy, both recovering alcoholics, drinks because you were jealous of their relationship was wrong. In fact Brooke, everything you did post Deacon was wrong. You were only focused on yourself, and what you wanted. You used and betrayed Deacon, and weaponized your daughter to punish him. 

Then there is Bill; while I loved you two together, there is still the troublesome fact that Bill dogged your daughter, and helped make her life a living hell for many years. Bill also ordered your beloved Ridge to be dumped out of a helicopter, tried to burn Spectra fashions to the ground, later blowing the building up with his son and Sally inside. He later fucked his daughter-in-law, punched his son in the face, and completely went off the rails over a skyscraper. He most recently covered up a car accident; turning it into a hit and run by fleeing the scene and tampering with evidence. And yet you continue to champion him. Outside of shooting at Quinn, who absolutely deserved it, what has Deacon done that comes close to Bill's deeds? Nothing. The problem with Deacon is he is the one who got away. The only man who had the power to escape the Golden Cooter and move on to a happier relationship, and you couldn't stand it, and will never forgive him for it. So you will eternally punish him. You, Brooke, are a raging, fucking Beyotch. 

Ridge - Oh, you can just take several seats buddy. How many times have you betrayed your father with his wives? How many women have you had "unfortunate accidents" with? Who dumped his family when his dead wife came back and gave him a "real" family? Who dumped the same family after his wife came back from the dead a second time, and his mother had a "heart attack", and begged him on her death bed to divorce Brooke and marry Taylor? What man takes an email as approval to fuck another woman? Who started a revengemance with this sister-in-law after returning home from a year abroad? A year abroad that started because you got your knickers in a twist because your wife texted with the father of her child. Who stayed away while his beloved mother fought cancer and died? Who romanced another woman while still married to someone else, then allowed themselves to get so intoxicated they wound up divorced and remarried and didn't even know it? Who then wanted to renew those vows so the grifting bitch wouldn't have hurt feelings, as you continued to proclaim your love for someone else? You are a piece of unimaginable work Ridge Forrester. You don't know fuck about what Deacon has or hasn't done while incarcerated. And you don't care. You are just threatened because you know how Brooke felt about him, and how hot they were for each other. Shut up asshole. 

Liam - Just no dude. You don't get to do that. Your wife has forgiven you so much, she has also forgiven your father for so much. You don't just get to decide that Deacon is still a bad boy without getting to know him. So you too, can shut the hell up and sit down. You are not Hope's daddy; you don't get to tell her what to do, or if she can have a relationship with Deacon. Fucktard. 

I am so disappointed that Hope allowed these three asshats to run Deacon off. 

And all my new found excitement went right out the window with the bar scene. So predictable; and will only give these three fucking clowns more ammo against Deacon for joining forces with Sheila. Having said that, I do think those scenes were well written and acted. A small part of me is saying if they want to play it this way; more comic and fun, with each character maintaining who they are, while tossing off these loaded barbs at each other? Well, I might be able to get behind it. But if they take them the romantic route? Just no. Absolutely not. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14

It's a little scary that I didn't hate the scene with Deacon and Sheila. But then I shipped Deacon and Quinn to the bitter end, so I obviously have no standards.  🙂

That said, the writers had Deacon drinking with no angst, no qualms about it? Isn't he an alcoholic? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Show is really trying to make Brooke & Ridge very annoying & awful looking. Their Mrs. Kravitz’s interference with Eric/Quinn and now Hope/Deacon is making them look like 80 years old from back in the day. Of course, I don’t believe a word Deacon is saying but it’s is Hope’s (a somewhat mature woman) decision to see her Daddy or not.

Also, Don Diamont must be sitting at home all WTF? Another actor joining the show???? Although, I think Ted King was hoping for more work, too. Don’t they know Brad Bell can’t write for more then 4 actors at a time?! It’s like the law with him or something. He didn’t inherit his Dad’s talent for multiple storylines. Granted it’s a half hour soap but his Bill Bell was able to do it on Y&R when it was half hour soap and also did it in the days of B&B. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Sending him and Macy, both recovering alcoholics, drinks because you were jealous of their relationship was wrong

I agree with the sentiment of the post but in Brooke's slight defense, the drink thing was the day after Macy talked Deacon into using Eric III's* stock to vote Brooke outta a job. I could be misremembering but Macy seemed like the spiteful one in all that, despite Darla being visibly pregnant by then.

Still shitty, and one of the very few deliberately hurtful things Brooke's ever done, but tensions were high so I can kinda see this one.

All that being said, the jealousy really leaped out when Deacon and Quinn got together. And boy did she Not Approve, even going so far as to FaceTime Hope and have her speak through an iPad (since Kim Matula had left the show officially a few months earlier) asking him not to go through with it.

So yeah, she can go shut it. No one wants the gold cooter and Ridge is there because he has no other options left.

*I really wish they'd given him a nickname. I mean, "Trip" (for being the third Eric) was right there to make this easier to keep track!

I just realize that I don't hate this change in Brooke because of the bad writing, although it doesn't help. I hate it because they've made her Taylor 2.0. I seem to remember her having considerable cognative dissonance about her own role in Phoebe's demise and had the audacity to drag up Bridget to Brooke a year later without blinking. And that was grating too, but it's consistent to who she is and always been for 30 years and the lies she tells herself.Brooke OTOH has usually tried to meet people where they were at and that was her big draw. She'd pull stupid shit but came by it honestly. She'd live her life and usually didn't spend much time going after others until they involved themselves in her life (like Stephanie).

I think this current turn of events with her constant shrieking has ruined the character even more than the second time she stole Bridget's husband, and I say that with no exaggeration whatsoever. Because in those other scenarios, there was some rationale, even if I didn't care for her woe is me routine, but this is just straight up petty ugliness that's beneath her. For shame.

16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

He didn’t inherit his Dad’s talent for multiple storylines. Granted it’s a half hour soap but his Bill Bell was able to do it on Y&R when it was half hour soap and also did it in the days of B&B. 

I'm glad someone besides me is saying this. Expanding the show to an hour would only allow another 30 minutes of circular dialogue. It'd basically be what Y&R's become since 2004, and that's a best case scenario. And B&B doesn't have the strong vet actor base carrying the show like Y&R has.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I agree with the sentiment of the post but in Brooke's slight defense, the drink thing was the day after Macy talked Deacon into using Eric III's* stock to vote Brooke outta a job. I could be misremembering but Macy seemed like the spiteful one in all that, despite Darla being visibly pregnant by then.

Still shitty, and one of the very few deliberately hurtful things Brooke's ever done, but tensions were high so I can kinda see this one.

All that being said, the jealousy really leaped out when Deacon and Quinn got together. And boy did she Not Approve, even going so far as to FaceTime Hope and have her speak through an iPad (since Kim Matula had left the show officially a few months earlier) asking him not to go through with it.

So yeah, she can go shut it. No one wants the gold cooter and Ridge is there because he has no other options left.

*I really wish they'd given him a nickname. I mean, "Trip" (for being the third Eric) was right there to make this easier to keep track!

I just realize that I don't hate this change in Brooke because of the bad writing, although it doesn't help. I hate it because they've made her Taylor 2.0. I seem to remember her having considerable cognative dissonance about her own role in Phoebe's demise and had the audacity to drag up Bridget to Brooke a year later without blinking. And that was grating too, but it's consistent to who she is and always been for 30 years and the lies she tells herself.Brooke OTOH has usually tried to meet people where they were at and that was her big draw. She'd pull stupid shit but came by it honestly. She'd live her life and usually didn't spend much time going after others until they involved themselves in it (like Stephanie).

I think this current turn of events with her constant shrieking has ruined the character even more than the second time she stole Bridget's husband, and I say that with no exaggeration whatsoever. Because in those other scenarios, there was some rationale, even if I didn't care for her wow is me routine, but this is just straight up petty ugliness that's beneath her. For shame.

I'm glad someone besides me is saying this. Expanding the show to an hour would only allow another 30 minutes of circular dialogue. It'd basically be what Y&R's become since 2004, and that's a best case scenario. And B&B doesn't have the strong vet actor base carrying the show like Y&R has.

I remember a time when CBS wanted Bill Bell to expand B&B to an hour. He declined saying he liked the 1/2 hour format. I’m not sure what that would have done to the daytime lineup but CBS saw what Bill Bell did when he expanded Y&R to an hour (at first, I didn’t like it). They wanted to cash in on B&B’s  popularity with the Brooke,Ridge and Caroline triangle at that time or it might have been later with the Brooke, Ridge and Taylor triangle. You’d think I remember something from 30 + years ago. LOL!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2021 at 8:33 AM, RuntheTable said:

is it wrong that the only thing I noticed was that Steffy's Yeti and her outfit's color were perfectly matched? 

For a second i thought you were talking about her wig.

Hair pieces 100% sourced from Sasquatches chest hair, only the best for our Stef! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

No, you are absolutely correct; my rage blackout blocked this bit of history as I was typing that post. Brooke was really angry that Deacon had sided with Macy against her, and as a consequence she lost her spot at FC's. 

16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I just realize that I don't hate this change in Brooke because of the bad writing, although it doesn't help. I hate it because they've made her Taylor 2.0. I seem to remember her having considerable cognative dissonance about her own role in Phoebe's demise and had the audacity to drag up Bridget to Brooke a year later without blinking. And that was grating too, but it's consistent to who she is and always been for 30 years and the lies she tells herself.Brooke OTOH has usually tried to meet people where they were at and that was her big draw. She'd pull stupid shit but came by it honestly. She'd live her life and usually didn't spend much time going after others until they involved themselves in it (like Stephanie).

I think this current turn of events with her constant shrieking has ruined the character even more than the second time she stole Bridget's husband, and I say that with no exaggeration whatsoever. Because in those other scenarios, there was some rationale, even if I didn't care for her wow is me routine, but this is just straight up petty ugliness that's beneath her. For shame.

Yes to all of this. I have said several times how much I hate this version of Brooke, a character I have loved and supported from day one. I don't know if they are trying to make her the new Stephanie, or they don't know what to do with her, or are trying to put the character out to pasture, or if this change is intentional, but they are destroying one of daytimes most exciting and compelling characters. I understand that the show must go on, and older characters lose SL, but soaps used to know how to work their vets in, and still keep them relevant. All Brooke does now is interfere in other people's business and worship at Ridge's feet. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

God, this. I have my complains about Y&R and the huge drop in quality but the veteran characters still remaining are able to carry stories on their own and drive story rather than just exist to gossip about others. Although I had a laugh the last time I tuned in at Phyllis calling our girl Sally the town pariah with her history of crime that only Sheila outpaces.

23 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Liam - Just no dude. You don't get to do that. Your wife has forgiven you so much, she has also forgiven your father for so much. You don't just get to decide that Deacon is still a bad boy without getting to know him. So you too, can shut the hell up and sit down. You are not Hope's daddy; you don't get to tell her what to do, or if she can have a relationship with Deacon. Fucktard. 

I was so livid at Brooke's behavior that I forgot about him, and shit like this is why people were rooting for Thomas and Hope in spite of their history. He can shut up forever about everything. If Hope brings home a dead body and asks him to help dispose of it with no questions, he better go fetch a damn shovel. That's the level of commitment he owes her after all this shit.

And yeah, I don't remember him consulting her about having Bill in Beth's life after all the cruel things he's done to her either. Deacon is a lot of things but he'd never harm his kids or use them as pawns in a game. As much as Bill may love his granddaughters and any future grandkids from Wyatt and Will, can anyone honesty say he's learned his lesson after nearly getting Liam killed in his skyscraper mania?

Deacon's grown and other than trying to off Quinn (which should be a net positive for all three stooges), nothing he's done comes close to the level of horrific that Bill's done.

• Love 10

So predictable; and will only give these three fucking clowns more ammo against Deacon for joining forces with Sheila.

I did enjoy the Sheila/Deacon scenes but ...

Why does this show always have to go the most obvious route? Why can't Deacon actually just want to get to know his daughter and maybe find romance someone at least semi-nice. I know Sheila and Deacon plotting to take down the Forrester's (as if that will happen) doesn't necessarily mean romance but of course it will because these writers lack imagination.

I wish Deacon could stick around as a sort of bad boy character who loves his daughter and just enjoys the hell out of getting under the skins of Liam, Brooke and Ridge. As opposed to plotting with Sheila. Sorry I just find that blah. Plus, I find Deacon far more interesting. I think they've kind of overdone Sheila and I just don't care about her or her dull son.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

shit like this is why people were rooting for Thomas and Hope in spite of their history. He can shut up forever about everything. If Hope brings home a dead body and asks him to help dispose of it with no questions, he better go fetch a damn shovel. That's the level of commitment he owes her after all this shit.

QFT! But that's the deal with Spencer men isn't it? They demand loyalty they will never return. 

4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I wish Deacon could stick around as a sort of bad boy character who loves his daughter and just enjoys the hell out of getting under the skins of Liam, Brooke and Ridge. As opposed to plotting with Sheila. Sorry I just find that blah. Plus, I find Deacon far more interesting. I think they've kind of overdone Sheila and I just don't care about her or her dull son.

Agreed. I was so pissed at the three donkeys of L.A I forgot about boring ass Finn and psycho Sheila. Finn has no excuse to want to "get to know" Sheila since he had a real mother growing up. He doesn't have that void of not having a true parent like Hope might. Hope had Deacon excommunicated from her life before she was old enough to really know him on her own. Ridge was in out of her life, as a sort of father and half-assed "protected" her from her bratty, self-centered step-sister. Not to mention all the drama that naturally comes with being Brooke Logan's daughter. Hope has a reason to seek Deacon out, her "support" system is rocky and unreliable at best. Hope & Deacon is worlds more compelling/interesting than anything the writers could pull out of their ass with Sheila & Finn. 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, RuntheTable said:

I am so disappointed that Hope allowed these three asshats to run Deacon off. 

Me too! Hope saying "do you not trust my judgement?" or "because he's my father!" does nothing. She needs to hit them where it hurts. By calling them the hell out. But you know how it is. Hope isn't allowed to have a spine or an opinion unless it benefits, one or all three asshats in question....

(I forgot to bring this up on Friday) So Brooke and Lame want to talk about guilt tripping & emotional manipulation now? Guilt tripping like sending Hope pictures of her and the kids during the separation Lame? Emotional manipulation like nagging her over and over to think about Beth before kicking your sorry, disloyal, cheating ass to the curb? Blaming her working relationship with Thomas as to why you cheated on her? That kind of emotional manipulation? Brooke, your idea of parenting leaves something be desired if you are okay with people hurting your kid as long as their names are Ridge, Lame, & Bill. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

Brooke, your idea of parenting leaves something be desired if you are okay with people hurting your kid as long as their names are Ridge, Lame, & Bill. 

And Flo who, it's worth pointing out, she gave a full free pass to without ever consulting Hope because she happens to share DNA with Storm allegedly...all the while continuing to take the piss out of Thomas long after Hope herself had settled the matter.

There was a comment a while back about Hope being the new Bridget in that everyone shits on her, but even she was allowed her moments of catharsis before forgiving the shit people in her life.

• Love 7

I’ve only been watching B&B for a little over a year ( only started because they were first back from lockdown). From watching B&B commercials for decades during Y&R, I got the impression that Brooke and Ridge were the soap’s rootable heroic super couple, like Marlena and John on Days. But I find them both shrill, unlikeable, insufferable finger-waggers. I can’t stands ‘em!  

Edited by BoffoDaWonderSheep
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

From watching B&B commercials for decades during Y&R, I got the impression that Brooke and Ridge were the soap’s rootable heroic super couple, like Marlena and John on Days. But I find them both shrill, unlikeable, insufferable finger-waggers. I can’t stands ‘em!

I'd say when Ridge was played by Ronn Moss, Brooke and Ridge would be considered more of a super couple. Though both had strong romances with others along the way too - probably more so than other super couples.

I don't think Thorsten Kaye (new Ridge) has much in the way of chemistry with Katherine Kelly Lang but I guess tptb keep them together because of history. Honestly the only time I enjoy TK as Ridge are the few scenes he's done one on one with Eric. The only pairing I liked with him was Caroline II but that was before your time watching!

I think the recast has been a bust but the folks running the show don't seem to think so. Personally I was sick and tired of Brooke/Ridge a long time ago - long before this recast happened. For me it's a result of too many break-ups and reunions. It all becomes stale. Others probably don't agree with me!

All the finger wagging and nosiness seems to be a fairly newish thing for both characters. They used to be too involved in their own 'love' or destiny or whatever to worry about anyone else quite so much.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I wish Deacon could stick around as a sort of bad boy character who loves his daughter and just enjoys the hell out of getting under the skins of Liam, Brooke and Ridge.

Quinn is also there for him to rile up haha

But God, do I need someone in Hope's corner the next time Lame fucks up and to punch his lights out after he sleeps with Steffy again. I have been forever disappointed that Nick was written out the show before Aspen, because we all know he'd have decked him for being as fickle as "the dressmaker."

• Love 12

The writers thinking we’ve forgotten the many, many sins of Brooke and Ridge is insulting to the inth degree. Just because they’ve forgotten the history of these two doesn’t mean that we have. Their hubris is beyond imagining. They should hang their heads in shame and hide in their mansion that we haven’t seen in months. Shame, shame on both of them. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

don't think Thorsten Kaye (new Ridge) has much in the way of chemistry with Katherine Kelly Lang but I guess tptb keep them together because of history

To be quite frank, Bridge should have ended their back-and-forth nonsense long before they did. That period from late 2009 till the time RM left the show was the longest stretch of time they stayed legally married that I can recall.

That said, at this point I'd be absolutely fine with them ending this pairing because any magic these two had has been long gone and Kaye has made it abundantly clear he's not into the Bridge pairing.

• Love 6

I always thought that Steffy and Deacon would work well together before Steffy was "redeemed." He would have brought another layer to the addiction story and would have been a great organic way for those two to meet, much better than Dr. Ambien. I think that SK could continually push JMW to perform at the level where she's actually been good (can count on one hand), the addiction SL being one of them.

I think it would be insanely fun to have Steffy as Hope's MIL and how Bridge would react.

But, I'd be OK with Deacon and Shauna. I think they'd make a cute, fun couple and Quinn's head would explode.

Or, a Deacon/Eric/Katie ToD would really live up to its name. She definitely ticks his boxes -- single and rich! 

I am just being facetious. Frankly, even the most absurd SLs would be better than this bland shit repeated to us every day with the awful acting and recycled SLs that might have worked in yeah, 1995, but are ridiculous today.

One truth I will speak is that the side part does not flatter KKL.  I think it showed her "wrong side" or something. I thought it made her look a lot older than she is. 

• Love 10

I like KKL’s side part!  Her hairstyle reminded me of old Hollywood glamor now that her hair is longer.   I am not a fan of middle parts as the hair usually hangs down the middle of both cheeks closing off the face.  Brooke also looks good with her hair upswept.  

Didn’t take much for Deacon to break his abstinence and start knocking back the shots.  I thought he and KB played off each other well.

Glad to see Steffy out of that last outfit and if that is her natural hair length to stick to it and forget the hair pieces.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

I always thought that Steffy and Deacon would work well together before Steffy was "redeemed." He would have brought another layer to the addiction story and would have been a great organic way for those two to meet, much better than Dr. Ambien.

Hey, she could still get with him after her marriage with Finn implodes :)

But we can't have nice thing, so he'll be wasted on Shauna or Sheila or God forbid Flo. Hell, he might be thrown into the Paris Sweepstakes!

• Love 1

Oh crap, they inserted KB's giant bloated pumpkin head into the opening montage.  I guess that means she'll be around for a while...Trust your first reaction, Deacon.  Don't get mixed up in Sheila's craycray.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I found Sheila and Deacon to be a breath of fresh air compared to what's been shoved down our throats lately. (Scenes of Quarter aside). They had the good chemistry of seasoned actors (but NOT romantic, please!) compared to the JV squad. I found it enjoyable but I have to admit that I've always liked both characters, despite their too many to count, flaws. 

• Love 10

Oh, Deacon is awesome and I'm so glad he's back.  I just can't with Sheila, though.  She's a cartoon character at this point, like those un-killable horror movie villains.  Why doesn't she look like Y&R's Phyllis anymore?  Did she go back to the plastic surgeon and say, "okay, undo everything you did the first time you changed my face."?

• LOL 7

I always found Deacon to be such a sleazy, grifting, having sex in a dumpster LOSER.

I can understand why Hope would want to build a relationship with her father. But again....

Deacon is such a no-good, has sex with her sister so her whole family could hear them over the phone LOSER.

• LOL 1

Deacon is such a no-good, has sex with her sister so her whole family could hear them over the phone LOSER.

I don't know .... isn't the whole family worse for actually listening?!?!

Plus if you have to hate on Deacon I feel like him having an affair with his wife's mother and getting her pregnant is a whole lot worse!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

So am I to understand that these idiots are trying to put Deacon and Sheila in the same basket? Lookie here fools; no matter how hard you try to make it so, it just ain't gonna be a thing. Sheila, is the psychoiest psycho who ever psychoed. Her list of crimes are long, span decades, and include things like; murder, attempted murder, poisoning, kidnapping, gaslighting, and child abduction. Deacon is more like your 1950's neighborhood hoodlum, whose worse crimes are bad language, bullying, storing your smokes in the sleeve of your white tee shirt, using Brylcreem, and sporting a Ducktail. This is such revisionist history, not to mention bad writing. 

13 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I found Sheila and Deacon to be a breath of fresh air compared to what's been shoved down our throats lately. (Scenes of Quarter aside). They had the good chemistry of seasoned actors (but NOT romantic, please!) compared to the JV squad. I found it enjoyable but I have to admit that I've always liked both characters, despite their too many to count, flaws. 

I agree. I have never like Sheila, but I have always loved Deacon. But there is a certain easy, natural, ebb and flow to these scenes. They are actually speaking real dialog, like two grown up adult people. Contrast that to what we are getting elsewhere, and who would you choose to watch? Brooke and Liam treating Hope like a five year old, who can't be trusted to make her own choices was so off putting. Liam nammering on about how safe was it to let Deacon come there and being around Beth? But he never batted an eyelash about his own father being in Beth's life. And Brooke, with that incessant whispering, and fucking baby ass talk to a grown ass woman. UGH! I wish Hope would just slap the shit out of her and tell her to mind her own friggin business. 

And then we have Ridge, who can't let his father's personal dick problems go, and is now running to his precious daughter to spill the beans about big, bad, Deacon being back on the scene. 

And all three of these stupid fucks are making it out like Deacon orchestrated something; flat out ignoring Hope when she tells them it was her idea. 

giphy.gif

Edited by RuntheTable
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12