Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

If they wanted to go this route then it should have just been Eric and Quinn having a discussion about having an open relationship and Eric not wanting to hold her back. For Eric to make this decision for the three of them unilaterally is just gross especially after ordering Carter to stay away from Quinn in order to keep his job. A summons like this would definitely feel like there would be pressure for Carter to say yes.

This is the part that I think is so obnoxious. Eric didn't even talk with Quinn (let alone Carter) about a possible open relationship; he just decided for her and for Carter, who is his employee. Talk about sexual harassment! I think if Carter sues, he could end up owning the company! 

Also, the tone-deafness regarding how this situation echoes the stories of racist sexual abuse of slaves, putting Carter into a subservient position where he has to follow his "master's" orders, and the whole storyline sounds like something you'd see on Dateline or a sleazy publication. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

If the kids are anything like Steffy herself when Taylor was demanding she not go after Bill, it'll go over like a lead balloon.As for Paris...yawn. But I will say after watching  Y&R for the first time in ages, I'm more forgiving of her boobage after getting an eyeful of Michelle Stafford's girls on display because Phyllis has to be the sexiest sexy to ever sexayed.

OMG, is the Staff Infection still doing that? Is she still wearing outfits with one sleeve missing? Is she still shouting her lines and repeating them? 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

I absolutely cannot believe this show is going to make Carter Quinn's stud and Eric a cuckold.  Actually couldn't care less about the second part but the former has to be some of the most tone-deaf grossness, with horrific racist undertones, I think I've seen on this show.  Is Eric going to watch too?  I mean, really?  This is beyond disgusting.

It’s like a cross between Lady Chatterly’s Lover and Mandingo.

• Love 6

9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've lost all respect for John McCook, Rena Sofer and Lawrence Saint-Victor for agreeing to participate in this racist storyline that's developing.  From the beginning of this story, I never liked how Carter was portrayed like a side of shirtless Mandingo beef--and he went along with it.  I know they're under contract and want to get paid, but I have a feeling that if they'd objected, we wouldn't be subjected to this mess. 

As I see it, you can't have it both ways. People get upset when they don't see black actors, and they get upset when they DO see black actors. Why can't black guys show their abs in the same way as white guys?? Nobody complains & refers to a white guy as a side of beef. Carter found Quinn attractive for many reasons...and didn't just go along with it. He loves her.

It's very confusing to hear people upset about this romance because there have been many complaints about writers putting black actors with black actresses. So they finally put a mixed race couple together and even have them fall in love, and now it's racist?? People gotta make up their minds cause it can't be both ways. And maybe that's why writers haven't even gone there until now. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. No romance is perfect. It is what it is, and I wish people would stop trying to read something negative into it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think it’s funny everyone is outraged and clutching their pearls over the Eric, Quinn & Carter storyline. He can’t have sex and he wants his wife to have sex and have it be in the open. First off, it’s a soap. Secondly, it’s not like these aren’t concerning adults. Thirdly, don’t people on soaps cheat behind their spouses and partner all the time?! Now, it’s just gonna be in the open….potentially. Also, it never occurred to me that it was racist. I guess I’m behind the times on that angle. 

Completely agree. People have engaged in open marriages for as long as I can remember. There were even swingers clubs (Plato's Retreat, anyone?) that thrived...not to mention what happens behind closed doors. If 3 consenting adults want to engage, that's their business. And unless they're being forced & held captive, who are we to judge?

P.S. I'll join you at the behind the times table 😉

Edited by MsTree
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

As I see it, you can't have it both ways. People get upset when they don't see black actors, and they get upset when they DO see black actors.

4 hours ago, MsTree said:

If 3 consenting adults want to engage, that's their business

The problem here is that two of the adults have NOT consented.  Carter is Eric's EMPLOYEE...The Damn COO (as we have been reminded ad nauseum), so for Eric to treat him like stud service is gross at BEST.  He is treating Carter like a walking talking dildo, and he is treating his beautiful, radiant, passionate wife like a cat in heat..."I can't scratch her itch, so YOU do it.  Even though I told you a week ago to stay away from her." 

If all he wanted to do was find someone to slip her the pipe every once in a while, I'm sure he could either spring Deacon from jail, or convince Brooke to "loan" out Ridge for that service. Hell, Thomas hasn't gotten any in a while, why not call him up and offer his wife on a platter? 

I bet Finn's parents are regretting telling him he was adopted now.  I'm all for full disclosure and honesty, but this fool is too dumb to be left on his own.

I bet he believes in 

Spoiler

Santa Claus

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

It's very confusing to hear people upset about this romance because there have been many complaints about writers putting black actors with black actresses. So they finally put a mixed race couple together and even have them fall in love, and now it's racist??

People have engaged in open marriages for as long as I can remember.

I feel like you are completely missing the point. I am all in for Quinn/Carter and honestly they are the only reason I am watching the show at this time. And if the writers decide to have Quinn and Eric in an open marriage - great why not.

It's the approach they are taking at this time. First, Carter is in fact an employee at Forrester. Second, presenting Carter as some kind of sex toy for hire for Quinn is kinda gross. Third there are plenty of examples in history and in movies etc of the black man for sex only trope.

I'm glad the black characters are being given something to do other than marry white characters (Carter) but at least so far, the story is a bit icky for me.

By the way, i'm not clutching any pearls - just voicing my opinion about how i'm seeing the story.

• Love 18

Has it been firmly established that Eric is going to tell Carter to fuck his wife? I really didn't see that, and maybe I am alone at the table, but I am holding out hope that he is going to tell Quinn goodbye and go have a fulfilling life and relationship with Carter. 

Because otherwise?

Just NOOOOOO!

I don't think I can watch some warped version of The Handmaid's Tale all mixed up with Mandingo. 

I am scared all the same though; I remember how Eric was treating Carter after the reveal at the wedding renewal. 

I have nothing against open marriages, or swingers, or whatever makes you happy. It is not my game, but who am I to judge. However, it must be what all effected parties want. A husband just doesn't call an employee over and order him to have sex with his wife cause he can't. And he sure as hell doesn't do that without the wife's knowledge or consent. 

It is gross, and disgusting, and icky, and squicky. And wrong on every level. 

Fucking idiots. You catch lightening in a bottle with Quinn and Carter; so beautiful and dynamic and unexpected, and you ruin it. But holy hell if you aren't gearing us up for round 564,748,585,859,494 of the Triangle of Doom. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I feel like you are completely missing the point. I am all in for Quinn/Carter and honestly they are the only reason I am watching the show at this time. And if the writers decide to have Quinn and Eric in an open marriage - great why not.

It's the approach they are taking at this time. First, Carter is in fact an employee at Forrester. Second, presenting Carter as some kind of sex toy for hire for Quinn is kinda gross. Third there are plenty of examples in history and in movies etc of the black man for sex only trope.

I'm glad the black characters are being given something to do other than marry white characters (Carter) but at least so far, the story is a bit icky for me.

By the way, i'm not clutching any pearls - just voicing my opinion about how i'm seeing the story.

For a point of comparison, Y&R had Neil date both Victoria and Ashley. I had no issue with either one because the show took the time to develop it as more than just a physical thing. Hell, I'm not even sure Neil and Vikki even did the do because she was pregnant with Cole's baby at the time. Kyle and Lola were also an interracial couple, and belieeeeeeeeve me, that was not a problem on anyone's radar with those two.Or hell, right on B&B itself, we had Rick/Maya whose writing was....uneven at times, but you got the sense these two were pretty ride-or-die for one another.

And speaking of these two, they're not just interracial, Maya is trans. TIIC have usually had no issue with giving characters without strong ties cancer at the end of their contracts to kill them off (ie, Grant Chambers, Becky Moore), yet they didn't here, and very probably because of all the backlash behind media killing off trans women. B&B is the only the third show I'm aware of besides Glee and Orange Is the New Black that did not do this. The show also did not have a ugly fight or Rick shooting Maya when he found out she'd kept this secret for years (also a thing that routinely happens). Maya was an absolute Steffy-level hellion at the time but Bell didn't go there.

That's a lot of words to say that things that are no big deal when dealing with white and/or cishet characters can look different as a minority. @Waldo13 laid out in wonderful detail the sordid, dirty secret of American history upthread. Yes, Eric making decisions for his wife and picking a man for her to fuck would be gross even if it were Ridge or Bill or Loading Dock Guy instead of Carter, no question. But there wouldn't be 400 years of baggage with that decision, either.

Oh, and as I type this, I seem to remember Y&R doing an open marriage thing with Victor and Nikki of all people. Nikki had a side piece with Rey's brother or cousin or someone. But not even The Great Victor Newman was as controlling about that as Eric has been here.

Food for thought.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

As I see it, you can't have it both ways. People get upset when they don't see black actors, and they get upset when they DO see black actors. Why can't black guys show their abs in the same way as white guys?? Nobody complains & refers to a white guy as a side of beef. Carter found Quinn attractive for many reasons...and didn't just go along with it. He loves her.

It's very confusing to hear people upset about this romance because there have been many complaints about writers putting black actors with black actresses. So they finally put a mixed race couple together and even have them fall in love, and now it's racist?? People gotta make up their minds cause it can't be both ways. And maybe that's why writers haven't even gone there until now. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. No romance is perfect. It is what it is, and I wish people would stop trying to read something negative into it.

Carter is being portrayed as a side of beef, there's never been any nuance to his character until recently.  Also, it's not about interracial relationships--bring them on.   Too bad Justin and Donna couldn't get back together.

And by the way, Bill is called the Stallion but at least there's more to his character than being ridden. 

• Love 8

Speaking of Justin and Bill...did they just drop that whole story? WTF was the point of blowing up the closest thing to a genuine friendship that exists on this show and then...nothing? Ridge has been screaming his lines about Sheila, but wouldn't this be a good time to call in that favor from Justin now that he's apparently not in Bills corner? Ridge of all people knows what he's capable of and he could take care of Sheila once and for all.

But that's been the issue for the two decades I've personally watched this show: they barely integrate the few minority characters they have introduced in any meaningful way. Maya may be the only one who was given enough character and agency where she could stand on her own to carry a story and maaaaaaaybe Marcus if his acting wasn't at the level of Liberty Biberty's. But that's it.

I haven't forgotten how they turned Gabriela and Hector into obsessed stalkers, playing into stereotypes about Latinos being crazed lovers either. 

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

And by the way, Bill is called the Stallion but at least there's more to his character than being ridden. 

Bingo.

2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

But holy hell if you aren't gearing us up for round 564,748,585,859,494 of the Triangle of Doom. 

I was so mad about the other bullshit, I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, I never expected it to die fully, but couldn't it wait at LEAST another year before going down that road?

• Love 6

The problem has always been the imbalance of power that Eric has in this triangle. Eric withheld information from his wife about his medical condition and instead led her to believe that he was withholding sex due to her past behavior. Eric got to choose if Quinn came back into their marriage. Eric chooses to not find other methods of sexual fulfillment within their relationship. Eric chose to keep Carter employed with the condition that Carter have no further contact with Quinn and he had to handle the divorce paperwork despite Carter’s clear conflict of interest. Eric chose to call Carter over without consulting his wife about whether she’d be okay with that. Presumably Eric has decided that he will ask Carter to be his proxy. Eric has chosen not to discuss the possibility of an open relationship with his wife before telling anyone else so that she could either agree or object to it. She’s getting no choice about who she would have relations with be that Carter or someone else. If everyone were actually on a level playing field here I’d be fine with them having an open relationship or even throuple. Eric took away that level playing field when he made contact with Quinn a condition of Carter’s employment. Summoning Carter over in this manner also takes away the level playing field because it could seem to Carter another condition of his employment to agree to Eric’s proposal. Before now, Carter’s character description was “guy who’s always shirtless and officiates Forrester weddings”. There was no reason for the shirtless scene at the office in terms of storytelling. It was clearly gratuitous which would otherwise have been overlooked on a normal day, but when it was done right before demanding he come to the Forrester mansion it clearly signals how the writers wanted Carter to be seen in this storyline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I'm only here for Quinn/Carter if they have their own monogamous relationship free from the baggage that is Eric Forrester. Because those two have enough baggage on their own. And he needs the proper space to sort out his issues too, as a single man. But they also oddly complement each other in ways most soap couples do not. We need to see them in love, going out dancing, shopping, cheesy 80's montage stuff or something. Ride or die just like Rick and Mya. (I kinda miss them, but with this shit ass writing I hope they stay gone. It's for their own good). 

3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Fucking idiots. You catch lightening in a bottle with Quinn and Carter; so beautiful and dynamic and unexpected, and you ruin it. But holy hell if you aren't gearing us up for round 564,748,585,859,494 of the Triangle of Doom. 

PREACH ON IT!!! 

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Kyle and Lola were also an interracial couple, and belieeeeeeeeve me, that was not a problem on anyone's radar with those two.

Perfect example! I hated the Kola paring, I was a table of one at that for a long time, but only because Lola was (and still is tbh) so fucking boring to me. And it was at a time when her only appeal was she wasn't Summer. Which wasn't good enough to win me over imo. But that's just me. Her sister in-law was 31 flavors of fucking awful tho and I'm glad they got rid of her ass. There is also a similar problem with Paris/Finn, in-your-face hypocrisy, Finn's "acting" aside. The thirsty way the writers portraying Paris is so damn painful to watch. There's racial/sexist implications with that too but I won't even go there.     

Also, real quick. Fuck Finn for calling Sheila "mom" and all but shitting on Li his actual mother/mom. I wasn't sure before but Steffy should leave his ass for real. If he wants to be this fucking stupid then she reserves the right to treat him like he wants to act. We need to have longer breaks from the triangle of doom/dumb than these few short weeks/months. FFS!! 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Except he can indeed have sex with his wife. Sex doesn't require a penis! Tongue, fingers and toys are all available as alternatives. It's just stupid.

Right! If Eric can't cut the mustard, he can damn sure lick the jar.

Stupid storyline.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeamGabi said:

I hated the Kola paring, I was a table of one at that for a long time, but only because Lola was (and still is tbh) so fucking boring to me. And it was at a time when her only appeal was she wasn't Summer. Which wasn't good enough to win me over imo

Wait, was it that unpopular to hate them? They were annoying and schmoopy as fuck. Lola made the virgin Hope of the 2010s look as sexy as Phyllis imagines herself to be by comparison.

But at any rate, Lola was still an attempt at writing a diverse character who wasn't there solely for sex appeal. Carter OTOH is such a blank, underdeveloped character that I'm sure anyone new to the show doesn't know how he even has a brother who was on the show before that.

(It's Marcus, BTW. The retconned son of Donna and Justin, who's arrival on the canvas coincided with Donna's marriage to Eric, in which the Forresters treated his existance as "a scandal." Make of that what you will, because I'm Tired™)

• Love 7
On 9/10/2021 at 1:51 PM, Angeleyes said:

I’m glad Finn told Sheila that he can’t have her in his life, but he shouldn’t have added the equivocation that it was because his wife couldn’t handle it. He also should have said that Dad and Mom raised him instead of Dad and Li. That’s so disrespectful to the only mother he’s known. 

Yep - except for that one time the night Sheila "re-introduced" herself at the wedding, I can't recall Finn making it clear that he considers Li his mom. I guess blood is thicker than water! 

On 9/10/2021 at 1:55 PM, Waldo13 said:

Quinn, loved the dress hate the hair.  

OMG - yes!  Rena looked so fabulous in that dress, and the makeup complimented the dress quite well.

As for the whole storyline of Carter "servicing" Quinn at Eric's behest, most of you have echoed my thoughts about how gross it is. As for the racist undertones, that's why you need diversity in any organization. People can hear about different perspectives from others, and maybe even be apprised of the history of X,Y,Z in case they were truly ignorant of that history.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

The problem here is that two of the adults have NOT consented.  Carter is Eric's EMPLOYEE...The Damn COO (as we have been reminded ad nauseum), so for Eric to treat him like stud service is gross at BEST.  He is treating Carter like a walking talking dildo, and he is treating his beautiful, radiant, passionate wife like a cat in heat..."I can't scratch her itch, so YOU do it.  Even though I told you a week ago to stay away from her." 

All true, but last time I looked Carter is a big boy. And if it's something he doesn't want to be pressured into doing, then he should just quit as COO and move on.

BTW, aren't we all just speculating here that he actually agrees to what Eric supposedly proposes?

18 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Understand your perspective, but it's 2021 and I would hope we've all evolved from all the poor examples in history/movies.

Maybe Carter will surprise us all and leave Forrester. Without watching the entire scene (if/when he proposes this idea), I can't be sure if Eric appears demeaning. I think Eric just wants Quinn to have a totally fulfilled life. Remember, he's old...and in his mind, he doesn't want to see Quinn give up that part of her life. And yes, we all know there are other ways of fulfillment, but he might have arthritic hands and doesn't want to risk lockjaw 😂 (just trying to add a little levity here). Just my point of view (for now).

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

All true, but last time I looked Carter is a big boy. And if it's something he doesn't want to be pressured into doing, then he should just quit as COO and move on.

If Carter was ever going to quit, it should've been looooong before things got to this point.  And you are correct, we don't really know what is going to happen in the continuation of this scene...but even if Eric says "Go, be happy.  I'm gonna just waste away into dust and old man beard"...its still icky.  It was Icky when Stuffy did it to Liam, When Hope did it to Liam, when Katie did it to Bill and Brooke...This would be just another in a long line of "These people are gross.  you can't GIVE someone to someone else".

The only thing I am going to give the writers credit for here is that it isn't the same old repetitive dialogue.  So I guess there's that.

And just because I haven't had to say it in a while, doesn't mean I don't still feel it..."Shut UP, Flo!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

This would be just another in a long line of "These people are gross.  you can't GIVE someone to someone else".

Ugh, now that you mention it, B&B really dips into this well a looooooot and the above examples are barely scratching the surface on those. Ewww. It just needs to end across the board, even when optics aren't a factor to consider.

5 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

The only thing I am going to give the writers credit for here is that it isn't the same old repetitive dialogue.  So I guess there's that.

That's the only saving grace in this entire mess of a story. 

• Love 6
On 9/11/2021 at 12:31 AM, KittyQ said:

This is the part that I think is so obnoxious. Eric didn't even talk with Quinn (let alone Carter) about a possible open relationship; he just decided for her and for Carter, who is his employee. Talk about sexual harassment! I think if Carter sues, he could end up owning the company! 

Also, the tone-deafness regarding how this situation echoes the stories of racist sexual abuse of slaves, putting Carter into a subservient position where he has to follow his "master's" orders, and the whole storyline sounds like something you'd see on Dateline or a sleazy publication. 

Signing on to ALL of this. This storyline started out so different. I was looking forward to Quinn finding "twu wuv" with Carter after being discarded by Eric, and Carter FINALLY being brought to life and not being the chump. The whole thing has taken a very weird and icky HARD LEFT. 🤢

• Love 4

Here's my take on shirtless Carter as "beefcake".  First, that term has been used indiscriminately for decades, most frequently about white male actors.  But second, and more importantly, LSV is in the best shape of any man on this show by a factor of about ten.  If this is supposed to be "Love in the Afternoon" for the ladies and some fellas to enjoy, he's about all you've got.  Any hands raised for Wyatt or Ridge or Eric to be shirtless?  Also, Pierson Fode used to be shirtless pretty often when he was on.  And, of course, original beefcake RM's Ridge was shirtless quite a bit.  It might not be the best look because Carter's Black but I understand it.

As for the Mandingo sex trope, that's not speculation.  It's simply fact.  And there's no escaping that's how this looks right now.  At least as of Friday, Eric was pimping Carter out to satisfy the sexual needs of his wife (who didn't ask).  If Eric presumes (again, as of Friday) that he and Quinn will have a romantic, loving marriage and Carter will only be used for sex, that's racist.  Yes, if all parties were white, it wouldn't be racist but that's because it wouldn't have centuries of this very disturbing history.

• Love 9

Can’t wait til we see Quinn and Carter high five each other getting it both ways! One keeps her mansion and one keeps his job.  

Doesn’t Liam feel somewhat awkward discussing Quinn as a person with Wyatt??  After what Quinn did to him??  I forgot how the hell did that end and did Liam just forgive and forget?

The 3 Musketeers having their giggly girlish lunch like old times…yuck, how old are they??  Once Donna learns of Eric’s ED I am sure she will pull out the honey for her bear and all will be well!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

So a grown man is expected to be a stud, in service to a rich man's wife, so that said rich man and his wife can stay married?

Pretty disgusting, right?

Add in the fact that this man is AFRICAN-AMERICAN and the couple is WHITE and it has gone beyond "problematic" to RACIST and DISGUSTING AF.

giphy.gif

• Love 15
On 9/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, hypnotoad said:

Yes, to ALL of this.

And I don't know if I'm clutching all of my pearls, but I'm touching a few of them.

There's racism for one, as  you have clearly spelled out, but also sexism, too - that Quinn shouldn't worry her pretty little head about the lack of PIV sex as Eric will fix her right up. 

It's so gross on a million different levels.

I still have to wonder if it's not some crazy whacked out revenge plot and Eric thinks that if he greenlights Quarter, that will take the fun out of it. Either way, I can't stomach this anymore. 

• Love 12

Well - this show gave a perfect illustration of how not to respectfully address an imbalance of sexual levels in a relationship. I don't even like Quinn but I felt bad for her being humiliated by her husband like that. 

Good for Carter for sticking up for himself! Eric certainly has no right to demand (or even ask) him to do anything outside of work. This has gone way past any ordinary overstepping of boundaries. I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't mention the legal implications, but maybe he is being more discreet than Eric and will bring that up privately.

• Love 10

The coven of witches are meeting and instead of a cauldron, they have Chinese take out. I’m surprised they can drink water without melting.  

Liam is not the one to talk about being skeptical of Quinn and Eric being back together. Liam didn’t Hope take you back time and time again?  

Now that Eric is coordinating Quinn and Carter makes me think about Pornhub. I only watch for the articles 😜

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Liam is not the one to talk about being skeptical of Quinn and Eric being back together. Liam didn’t Hope take you back time and time again?  

I'm torn because on one hand it's Liam but OTOH, the crimes she's perpetuated against him were so heinous that he shouldn't want to be on the same continent as that woman, much less the same neighborhood.

I'll give Liam one pass today but I'm soooo tired of all the cheating cheaters who cheat dragging Quinn as though she's the worst person for doing what they've all done.

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I still have to wonder if it's not some crazy whacked out revenge plot and Eric thinks that if he greenlights Quarter, that will take the fun out of it. Either way, I can't stomach this anymore. 

This is quickly shaping up to be a more hated story than both Ridget AND Beth's trafficking. I don't have the words to convey what an achievement that is when the former was a joke and the latter all but killed fandom engagement because it got depressing and repetitive real quick. 

It's well deserved.

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

So a grown man is expected to be a stud, in service to a rich man's wife, so that said rich man and his wife can stay married?

Pretty disgusting, right?

Add in the fact that this man is AFRICAN-AMERICAN and the couple is WHITE and it has gone beyond "problematic" to RACIST and DISGUSTING AF.

giphy.gif

YUP

Nothing else need be said.

• Love 12

Eric sounded absolutely insane today. AGAIN, his sex life does not have to be over! He cannot hold her and touch her and kiss her? There are alternatives available and I hate to keep typing that but it so irritates me. Even if he doesn't have the same energy - they can still share intimacy. Geez.

Good for Carter for sticking up for himself! Eric certainly has no right to demand (or even ask) him to do anything outside of work.

Yes. I mean at least Carter got to express this and basically reject the notion that now he was going to be some kind of on call sex toy for Quinn just because Eric deems it okay.

I have no issue with them showing an open marriage if all three of them discuss this some more. Eric just making the decision and wandering off is not the way to handle it. I assume there will need to be some ground rules!

I'll give Liam one pass today but I'm soooo tired of all the cheating cheaters who cheat dragging Quinn as though she's the worst person for doing what they've all done.

I was a bit annoyed with his nonsense today given that he cheated because of a mannequin (boy there's a sentence I never thought I would type). But then i remembered what Quinn did to him so yeah he gets a slight pass. Slight.

Sigh. I couldn't stand the Brooke, Katie and Donna cackling fest so FF on that!

• Love 7

Eric did sounds nuts today. I am glad that Carter set him straight that Eric only gets to control Carter during working hours. Period. Carter should have just walked out like he was going to. That is a discussion Quinn and Eric need to have before speaking to Carter.

I think this is bad form regardless of the races of the people involved. It is so insulting to Quinn and Carter. Eric looks like a pompous impotent fool. Because he IS a pompous incompetent fool.  How dare he throw back at Quinn that she has already slept with Carter while she was still married. 

Maybe Quinn and Carter should go along with it, do nothing but let Eric think they are. Then, go to him one day and say they've "fallen in love." (Or ... if they want to go for it, power to them!) Quinn wants a divorce and Carter resigns. THAT would show the old fart. They wouldn't be lying and wouldn't be cheating if they hadn't been doing anything, but even it, well, they had Eric's blessing. Quinn and Carter were willing to walk away from it all before, so why not?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Maybe Quinn and Carter should go along with it, do nothing but let Eric think they are. Then, go to him one day and say they've "fallen in love." (Or ... if they want to go for it, power to them!) Quinn wants a divorce and Carter resigns. THAT would show the old fart. They wouldn't be lying and wouldn't be cheating if they hadn't been doing anything, but even it, well, they had Eric's blessing. Quinn and Carter were willing to walk away from it all before, so why not?

If that's the way Quarter became official, I'd be cheering it all the way. I've been pretty meh on the couple so far but I am just so tired of Eric's bullshit at this point, I'll take anything to shut his ass up for good. Let this be a segway into a third company for Show to put on the canvas or for them to be on Bill's payroll after Justin's betrayal. Literally anything else but this.

• Love 8

I turned today’s show off when Eric was telling Quinn his sex life is over but hers doesn’t have to be. Does this mean lesbians have no sex life? Is sex really that important? Is Quinn that horny? Why not just get her a vibrator?  

It’s just gross. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 9

Carter cares about Eric so he was being as gentle and discreet as possible in rejecting his proposal.  That's respectable.  

What I wish he had said, with his whole chest, was "Eric, I truly feel for your condition and the pain you must be feeling.  But let me be clear.  I will not be a sexual substitute for you or anyone else.  Quinn and I share a very special connection that is between the two of us alone.  And our physical relationship is only a part of that.  Eric, make no mistake.  I love Quinn.  And if I can't have all of her - mind, body and soul - I will suffer without her."

Then, watch Quinn leave with Carter without a backward glance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I am not sure if we have entered the Outer Limits, detoured into the Twilight Zone, or taken One Step Beyond..........

But whatever has happened has left me shell shocked. 

What is right about this SL:

Nothing

What is wrong about this SL:

Everything

This is the first time I have felt any sympathy for Quinn. Eric has played her like a fiddle; not that she didn't deserve some payback, but this game is base and so humiliating. Eric should have been honest with Quinn from the outset, and if she was truly committed then she would come back to him. But to do this to her? Worse still, was throwing their affair in her face like some kind of sexual bait. 

I am glad they let Carter explain that he is not a stud for hire; all the same, how fucking insulting for him to be treated that way. And maybe it is just me, but there was something bothering me about Carter standing there in his brown, short sleeved, everyday shirt, while Eric and Quinn looked like they were on the way to a Governor's Gala. My skin was tingling, but not in a good way. 

And I have to wonder if this is about Quinn's needs at all. As has been stated by others, there is more to sex than sex. There are options, and work arounds, and I still believe that Eric can "fix" the problem. But Eric is all negativity and gloom and doom. I think it has more to do with his ego than anything else. Eric has always been about younger women, and has been known as quite the ladies man, but now he is facing his mortality. He isn't that young dynamic Eric anymore, and finds himself unable to deal with that reality. And it is completely unfair to his wife. 

I will give Liam all the passes when it comes to him and Quinn. It was a long time ago now, but that doesn't change how horrible it all was. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

That is odd….my Canadian Monday episode didn’t have Carter saying anything at the end?  He just kept saying he wanted to leave and give them their evening. I guess I will see what is on today’s episode.

The writers have gone to a sick place with Eric’s suggestion!  

• Love 3

As has been stated by others, there is more to sex than sex. There are options, and work arounds, and I still believe that Eric can "fix" the problem. But Eric is all negativity and gloom and doom. I think it has more to do with his ego than anything else.

I feel like the writers are setting up Donna to solve all of Eric's alleged issues. Perhaps it's a mental thing because Quinn cheated not only with Carter but with Ridge (I know they didn't complete the deed but still) - both younger men then himself. Donna cure will involve honey I'm sure and Eric will declare her a miracle worker!

Eric has always been about younger women, and has been known as quite the ladies man

Well at this point I am doubting he was much of a ladies man if he doesn't know sex doesn't require a penis!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I feel like the writers are setting up Donna to solve all of Eric's alleged issues.

I would not be surprised in the least by this. I haven't forgotten her being moony over the photos a few weeks back.

And while I always thought it a shame they split up, I certainly don't want a reunion under this set of circumstances.

• Love 8

Donna told Brooke and Katie that is was her fault that her marriage to Eric broke up. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I thought he dumped her because she'd gotten fat. (JG was pregnant IRL at the time.) Also, Stephanie's ongoing meddling. I never understood why they didn't treat JG's pregnancy like they usually do with others, with filming her above the waist, etc.

Another stupid, sexist SL if you ask me. It also reinforce what was said above about Eric always being able to have the younger, hotter women. And if he truly is so kind, compassionate and forgiving, wouldn't he have just sent Donna away to a weight loss spa or something instead of just leaving her?

I am sure I am missing something major here ... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Nope, it wasnt just you. It was a combined issue of Steph's involvement in Beth Sr's death and the stupid ass thing of Eric being turned off by her getting fat and I remember us all being baffled by this.

This is why I've been saying actors storming out on every story they disagree with, however justified, is like putting a bandaid on an amputated leg. When the top brass are so incredibly out of touch, that sadly trickles down into the final product.

• Love 5

No Brooke, it’s not Quinn that’s causing his stress. It’s the constant badgering by you and Ridge. WTF Brooke?  A wife that can be faithful and committed to him?  Neither you or Donna can apply. Brooke your only faithful to yourself and Donna blew it with Eric by being unfaithful.  Does the coven even know how ludicrous they sound?  Do they understand the meaning of hypocrisy?  

Are TIIC sending us subliminal messages?  Right after Quinn tells Eric he’s enough for her and rolls over to go to sleep we get a full screen shot of Carter’s crotch area than a pan up to Carter’s chest. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Are TIIC sending us subliminal messages?  Right after Quinn tells Eric he’s enough for her and rolls over to go to sleep we get a full screen shot of Carter’s crotch area than a pan up to Carter’s chest. 

I noticed that, too, and especially the crotch.  I said WTF?  TIIC really is hammering home the sex angle instead of twu wuv.  

• Love 5

I just finished the show & came here to comment on the gratuitous crotch shot. What was that??

Also, Quinn committed my worst tv character sin: women who go to bed, to sleep, with a face full of makeup. Wash your face! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I have no issue with them showing an open marriage if all three of them discuss this some more. Eric just making the decision and wandering off is not the way to handle it. I assume there will need to be some ground rules!

Here's the thing:  I could buy with the open marriage concept IF:

1) one of more of the participants have a history of open relationships;

2) one or more express interest in wanting to explore open relationships because they were always interested in the idea and now want to actually try it

But, of course that's not what the situation is.  Does anyone doubt that IF NOT FOR Eric's erectile dysfunction, there's no way in heck Eric would want Carter to "service" his wife!?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke your only faithful to yourself and Donna blew it with Eric by being unfaithful

I genuinely do not remember Donna being unfaithful to Eric, though. I could've sworn the thing with Owen was some kind of set up by Steph and/or Pam and/or the idiot twins Thorne and Felicia that was very clearly one-sided.

Brooke OTOH can kick every rock in the Grand Canyon on that account.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7