Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

The moment a wedding ring is removed from a finger = divorce on B&B.

Oh,of course! Who can forget that time Bill and Brooke barely  waited for the wedding ring from Katie's finger to cool down before jumping into bed with one another! Much romance wow! [/doge]

10 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

But JMW just doesn't have the acting jobs to pull off the kind of nuance that would let us see that. She only knows one way, and that is steamrolling while wielding a hammer

Such a shame the Ivy actress wasn't cast as Steffy during that year she was off the show. She had the talent to pull that off with some level of nuance.

This has been some of JMW's best acting since her relationship with Rick but she's still only got one trick up her sleeve.

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Stuffy your not going to let anything come between you and Finn. Wake up Stuffy there is a Fox in your Henhouse wanting to devour your rooster. 

If there is, she will have given Paris a whole ass helping hand for all the reasons RunTheTable brought up in her posts. I'm far less angry about Steffy being cheated on for once than I am about Show making fetch happen between two characters who are as flat as the paper the scripts are written on. I didn't think a more boring couple than Zencole was possible, but apparently Bell found more room under that bar to limbo under.

Finn should get divorced or annulled at this point anyway because nothing can undo his connection to Sheila in Steffy's eyes and I don't see TIIC springing for a therapist (besides Taylor) for marriage counseling. Best case scenario this opens a path for Still 3.0: The Redemption Tour. But if he ends up with Paris and is still alive at the end of this, just let those two ride off into the sunset, because I'm bored of them already.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I understand Paris is a social worker by training but she's just out of college.  Why in the world would anyone listen to her counsel?  

And potentially pairing her with Finn?  Ugh.  He was more compelling in his twenty-second insurance commercial than he has been in hundreds of hours here.  And Paris is about as sexy and appealing as a damp mop.  Together, they are negative sexy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Also, Finn feeling that being adopted was a deep, dark secret was just ridiculous.

They way B&B played Finn acting fishy about being adopted (before the reveal) was an insult to adoptive parents. Like a dirty secret to be hidden...

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

But if he ends up with Paris and is still alive at the end of this, just let those two ride off into the sunset, because I'm bored of them already.

Ohhh ho ho - Paris hoist on her own petard!  How many times did she lecture big sis (wow - I forgot her name already!) about her "interactions" with Zende while she was engaged to Carter. Oh Paris...looks like you can dish it out but can't take it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Ohhh ho ho - Paris hoist on her own petard!  How many times did she lecture big sis (wow - I forgot her name already!) about her "interactions" with Zende while she was engaged to Carter. Oh Paris...looks like you can dish it out but can't take it. 

I mean, I certainly expected it would happen eventually as we've seen it play out with other characters--Katie topping the list--but with Finn? I mean, really, Show? Even if it had been Liam I could get it, they're two do-gooders (or fancy themselves as such) with "values" or whatever the fuck, but Finn's only personality has been essentially a living Ken doll for Malibu Barbie. 

Show can't make the case for a couple when they havent made the case for them as characters. This is why Bridge had such longevity in popularity in spite of their stupidity and why no one is a die-hard fan of any combo of the Triangle of Doom. It's why fans are still clamoring for a Donna/Eric reunion after they've been divorced nearly three times as long as they were married.

18 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Paris had the audacity to say Steffy is over reacting? Paris needs to get our of this. 

I say again what I said a couple pages back: it's AMAZING that the show has managed to screw up Steffy's well earned comeuppance this badly. Her attitude is not unsimilar to every time Nick Newman opens his pie hole about Adam--he ain't wrong, but he chooses the absolute worst ways of expressing this. And then TIIC have the most boring ass interloper into Finn's boring ass relationship....

Bruh.  : |

Paris is trying to swing for the fences like Ken Griffey Jr, but she barely even understands T-ball. Ruin that shit marriage for all I care but she knows nothing at all about Sheila. Like every other person who's ever given her the benefit of the doubt, she will be burned and discarded just as quickly as Brooke, Amber and even Mary herself.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

The moment a wedding ring is removed from a finger = divorce on B&B.

The irony is that I still remember the scene when Stephanie finally removed her wedding ring from her original marriage to Eric, well after the divorce had been finalized. It was quiet and understated, and yet I could see what it meant to Stephanie emotionally to do it. But that was a long time ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Ruin that shit marriage for all I care but she knows nothing at all about Sheila.

THANK YOU! I mean, as unearned Paris x Finn is the bigger issue is that this dimwit thinks nothing of Sheila the psycho while calling herself backing Finn up. Like...enabler much? 

On Tuesday's episode Steffy made me laugh when she said as if this day couldn't get any worse when she heard Queric reunited. It's not often she makes me feel genuine humor. 

Why are Quinn and Eric acting like him having ED is hard to treat? There's a damn ad that plays every break on the website about a treatment for ED called roman I think? Geez it is soo hard to take anything seriously on this show...

Sinn is on life support and inches closer to having the plug yanked each day. It's sad when the only way for me to halfway care about Sinn is when it's sinking. WTF writers?  Yes I blame them for that too.

Anybody besides me, wishes Hope was as hard on Lame for cheating on her the millionth time as Steffy is on Finn for letting Sheila hold Hayes? Situations might be apples and oranges but it's not like Lame would deserve it any less. 

17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Finn should get divorced or annulled at this point anyway because nothing can undo his connection to Sheila in Steffy's eyes

Which is so ironic because this is the conclusion that Finn should've come to when he found out about the steam night after Hopequinngate. Lame will always be there in Steffy's life because of Kelly, and neither of them made any bones about this. Which is why Hope & Finn should've called it quits then, because Kelly will always be an excuse for those two. Probably more so Lame than Steffy. I'm calling it now. 

The Quarter scenes won me over some more today and yesterday. Who knew Carter had the secret super power of making an unlikeable character likeable?  

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

Anybody besides me, wishes Hope was as hard on Lame for cheating on her the millionth time as Steffy is on Finn for letting Sheila hold Hayes. Situations might be apples and oranges but it's not like Lame would deserve it any less. 

*Raises hand*

Abso-fucking-lutely I do. Frankly, I would still welcome an interloper in Lope other than Thomas because Hope deserves some non-Spencer loving too.

• Love 8

Finn, you feckless fool! The absolute last thing you should be doing is commiserating with another woman about your angry, disgusted, and highly distressed wife. I get that you may need to talk to someone, but there are other people in your life without agendas dude. You sought out Hope one time to air some things out; what about your wonderful lovely mother Li? Maybe even Liam or Brooke. 

And Paris girrrrrrrl. All that indignation about Carter and Shauna, and later Carter and Quinn, and getting on your sister about Zende? You can step the hell off and take some seats little lady. Telling Finn that Steffy is overreacting? What the actual fuck do you know about Sheila's history with Steffy's family? No, Steffy is not overreacting to the very real threat Sheila poses, and if she is overreacting about Finn's actions, well that is not your call, nor your place to speak to it. None of this makes any sense. Show must put the characters names on straws and blindly draw them from a glass to determine who to pair up. Sometimes they strike lightening; Ridge and Caroline 2.0, Eric and Quinn (in the beginning), Carter and Quinn, but then we get real duds too; Zende and Nicole, Bill and Katie, Steffy and Finn. I can't really see myself watching these two getting physical with each other. I don't find Finn attractive or sexy, or well......anything. He is blank and vanilla to me. I find Paris beautiful and lively, but they are ruining her, not to mention wasting her on Finn. She is acting like an adolescent with a school girl crush. 

They had some momentum going there for a minute, but the SL's are starting to drag, and once again the dialog is tanking. Bell Sr. would have us all riveted to our sets, remotes in hand so we could rewind and rewatch all the awesomeness. Instead, I find myself holding the remote and pressing the button that takes things in the other direction. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Even if it had been Liam I could get it, they're two do-gooders (or fancy themselves as such) with "values" or whatever the fuck, but Finn's only personality has been essentially a living Ken doll for Malibu Barbie. 

Paris is trying to swing for the fences like Ken Griffey Jr, but she barely even understands T-ball. 

Quoted for awesomeness.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Think $Bill will eventually get involved? After all, Kelly is his daughter granddaughter. There are very few ways to make this tired SL interesting. What if Sheila kidnaps Kelly, Kelly has some kind of accident, ends up needing blood and Bill is the only match? (Sheila can administer her nursing skills while they are on the run.) Kelly makes a complete recovery with no lasting effects.  A bonus would be if Sheila also kidnaps Steffy and Steffy's fate isn't so fortunate. 

Bill and Li can raise Kelly. I see a bitter end for Jack regardless of whatever else happens.

I would be fine with Bill putting a final end to Sheila. However, I would want to make sure I was present at the crematory to make sure it was indeed Sheila's corpse and I would watch until the ashes were stone cold. Then throw them in different part of the Pacific so there is no chance she'd ever return.

Hmmm ... maybe Quinn can find some type of herbal potion for Eric's ED, like she did for whatever is wrong with his GI tract. Or ... maybe the herbs are the cause of his problem.

Ahhhh ... I'm just bored and rambling on a holiday Friday afternoon and procrastinating resuming work.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

They had some momentum going there for a minute, but the SL's are starting to drag, and once again the dialog is tanking. Bell Sr. would have us all riveted to our sets, remotes in hand so we could rewind and rewatch all the awesomeness. Instead, I find myself holding the remote and pressing the button that takes things in the other direction. 

I had been pulled back in, mainly due to Quarter, and the initial buzz of Sheila's return. But now? I'm just tired of it all.

When I'm more intrigued with Y&R (thanks to Sally smoking up the screen with Adam), what does that tell you?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Sally smoking up the screen with Adam

Please tell me they aren't hooking her up with HIM?!

I mean, it's an upgrade from Billy or Nick or even Wyatt* but she doesn't deserved to be sattled by Newman drama and having looney Sharon on her ass O_O

But yeah, this show manages to have so much talking and nothing happens. I know Bill Bell Sr was dragged about how show Y&R moved on the 80s, but each day brought incremental movement of the story. Imagine if in 1982, we got weeks of Kay and Ester having the same circular conversation about Jill Bad or Jack twiddling his thumbs and blabbing to Paul or whoever was his male friend(s) at every opportunity in open spaces about banging Jill 😂

Show is all talk, no action. I'm bored.

*I'll probably forgive show for ruining Nick Marone before I do trashing her to prop Flo, and I intend to hold the former grudge into the grave.

• Love 3

What the heck is Stuffy wearing?  Did she borrow one of Hope’s dresses?  Did Stuffy loose a bet?  I get it, FC is bringing out an Austin Powers line. 

Doesn’t Finn work anymore?  I guess not because he’s lost his edge as a doctor.  The first thing he does is call 911. Wouldn’t you think that he would try to revive Shiela first. 

Eric heard that Quinn is committed to their marriage so I’m betting before the end of next week, Eric’s ED will be miraculous cured. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Who is dressing the women on this show?! I couldn’t even understand what Steffy was wearing at home and then to the OFFICE? Then Brooke’s dress? I thought Quinn and Shauna were acceptable for a change.There’s never an excuse for Paris’ clothes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Is the daily dialogue always so repetitive on the Show?  I feel like most of the characters have been having the same conversation for 2 weeks now.  

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Doesn’t Finn work anymore?

If Sheila could manipulate her way into a job at the hospital, it could be a fun way for her to weasel her way into Finn’s life.  Sheila faking fainting is mildly amusing but this story seems pretty basic, so far.  Other than giving Sheila a “Forrester” grandchild, the Writers haven’t done anything surprising or clever.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Other than giving Sheila a “Forrester” grandchild, the Writers haven’t done anything surprising or clever.  

Which is truly sad and disappointing. I mean, look at all the creativity and effort she put into going after Amber back in the 2000s, ie the last time her presence brought anything to the Bell Television Universe. But she couldn't concoct a way to gaslight Steffy, make everyone think she relapsed on drugs, get her off to rehab so she'd have access to Finn and Hayes? After the stuff she's pulled on tough as nails Stephanie herself? Steffy should've been handled by now and Sheila should now have moved on to fucking with Liam for coming between her baby boy's happiness with Steffy.

Among other reasons, this is why TIIC shouldn't have done a speedrun on Sinn. Imagine how much impact this would've made if we knew him as a person, gotten to cheer for them as a couple on their own merits beside being Not Steam and THEN she came in the picture? Even with the shitty writing, putting some damn space between every event in their joke of a relationship would have done wonders.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Who is dressing the women on this show?! I couldn’t even understand what Steffy was wearing at home and then to the OFFICE? Then Brooke’s dress? I thought Quinn and Shauna were acceptable for a change.There’s never an excuse for Paris’ clothes.

It was nice to see Denise Richards in casual mode. Her hair straight & relaxed. Just wearing jeans & a top. She’s usually so over done that it’s nice that wardrobe has changed it up a bit. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Among other reasons, this is why TIIC shouldn't have done a speedrun on Sinn. Imagine how much impact this would've made if we knew him as a person, gotten to cheer for them as a couple on their own merits beside being Not Steam and THEN she came in the picture? Even with the shitty writing, putting some damn space between every event in their joke of a relationship would have done wonders.

It makes me suspicious that perhaps they simply conceived Finn (pun not intended) as Sheila's son from the start rather than as a fully-fleshed character in his own right and that he will turn out to be crazy like his biological mother. They've certainly dropped a couple hints along the way that he has that potential.

And if so, who will save Steffy from Son of Sheila? We all know the answer to that one. Gag.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, Black Knight said:

It makes me suspicious that perhaps they simply conceived Finn (pun not intended) as Sheila's son from the start rather than as a fully-fleshed character in his own right

Oh that was pretty obvious from Day One, with the blatant promos shipbaiting people into a false sense of security that Steam was done forever. But that would explain why his slate seemed exceptionally blank for a while.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, Black Knight said:

And if so, who will save Steffy from Son of Sheila? We all know the answer to that one. Gag.

Guess we should all be glad Bell inhereted a TV show from his father and not a used car dealership for all the bait and switch tactics he pulls on the audience. :|

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh that was pretty obvious from Day One, with the blatant promos shipbaiting people into a false sense of security that Steam was done forever. But that would explain why his slate seemed exceptionally blank for a while.

Heh. I never bought into Finn/Sinn as an actual competitor for Liam/Steam, no matter what the show said, just because I know how this show loves its ToDs. But I never came up with the idea he was actually Sheila's son until it was known that she was returning. I just assumed Finn's blank slate was because TPTB didn't care about him and planned for him to be gone soon.

I think all of this is to enable a Thope where Thomas really didn't have anything to do with Liam and Hope splitting (for the gazillionth time). If there is something that could end ToD (and I remain skeptical), it's Thope, not Sinn. Thomas is at least the legacy son of a former B&B supercouple and a member of the Forrester family, and Thope would mirror Bridge. And the show probably feels Steffy fans could get behind Steam again if the ToD was over. It wasn't Steam per se they had an issue with, it was the never-ending waffling between Steffy and Hope. I think it was made worse in that they thought it was over when Kim Matula left, but then Hope was actually recast (unlike Taylor...).

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Heh. I never bought into Finn/Sinn as an actual competitor for Liam/Steam, no matter what the show said, just because I know how this show loves its ToDs. But I never came up with the idea he was actually Sheila's son until it was known that she was returning. I just assumed Finn's blank slate was because TPTB didn't care about him and planned for him to be gone soon.

I think all of this is to enable a Thope where Thomas really didn't have anything to do with Liam and Hope splitting (for the gazillionth time). If there is something that could end ToD (and I remain skeptical), it's Thope, not Sinn. Thomas is at least the legacy son of a former B&B supercouple and a member of the Forrester family, and Thope would mirror Bridge. And the show probably feels Steffy fans could get behind Steam again if the ToD was over. It wasn't Steam per se they had an issue with, it was the never-ending waffling between Steffy and Hope. I think it was made worse in that they thought it was over when Kim Matula left, but then Hope was actually recast (unlike Taylor...).

He has such a blank stare. He comes off as such a doofus. He isn’t leading man material. IMO! There’s no way Steffy would be into someone like him. Now, that they know he’s kind of horrible in the acting department they are going the shirtless route. It ain’t working. He was badly miscast and for this current portion of the storyline involving Shelia they need someone stronger for her to work off of. He should have been replaced much earlier. Meanwhile, Bill & Katie haven’t had a storyline in ages less the Bill in jail storyline which was wrapped up rather quickly. Whatever happened to the Justin working as a spy for Ridge? Has that storyline been dropped completely? I think Brad Bell is only into Sheila and Eric/Quinn/Carter currently. I guess that’s a drawback of a half hour soap. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Scootman said:

I honestly believe the cure for Ancient Eric's ED would be watching Shauna and Quinn make out. If they truly care, they will make the sacrifice.

Spoken like a true (scoot) man 😋

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I think all of this is to enable a Thope where Thomas really didn't have anything to do with Liam and Hope splitting (for the gazillionth time).

But TIIC haven't tried to touch that in months. Liam getting sent off to jail would've been the perfect time to wedge that in.

I can't even make a guess if Bell is even interested in going there any longer.

• Love 2

The thing that makes me roll my eyes is this:  Steffy SAW Sheila in her home holding Hayes - her worse nightmare since finding out about the relationship between Finn/Hayes and Sheila.

How is it possible EVEN NOW that Steffy hasn't 1) hired 24/7 security guards; and 2) brought in a company to install state of the art alarms throughout the house (including the out of nowhere guest house)?!  We know it's not due to lack of finances!  🙄 😲🤦‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

But TIIC haven't tried to touch that in months. Liam getting sent off to jail would've been the perfect time to wedge that in.

I don't know that it was the perfect time, at least not if they want to get B&B fans behind the pairing. Thomas has done so many awful things to try to get Hope, and the Hope mannequin was nuts even if they tried excusing it with "brain trauma." Letting some time go by, and not having him make a play when Liam went to jail, seems reasonable. But they haven't had Thomas fall in love with anyone else and that makes me think they plan on Thope.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I don't know that it was the perfect time, at least not if they want to get B&B fans behind the pairing. Thomas has done so many awful things to try to get Hope, and the Hope mannequin was nuts even if they tried excusing it with "brain trauma." Letting some time go by, and not having him make a play when Liam went to jail, seems reasonable. But they haven't had Thomas fall in love with anyone else and that makes me think they plan on Thope.

True on all points, but since when as Brad Bell ever really cared what the fandom truly wants or selling fans on a pairing before shoving it down our throats? When Bell wants a thing, he pushes it through hell and high water and that's been pretty consistent over the 20+ years I've been watching (see also: Flo's continued existance on the show).

Like, if we *must* have Thope I'm glad he's putting some distance between...everything. I'm just genuinely surprised that he did so, is all. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Like, if we *must* have Thope I'm glad he's putting some distance between...everything. I'm just genuinely surprised that he did so, is all. 

THIS!  And I hope that distancing continues for a while longer.  (Contrast to how relatively quickly Flo was brought back into the bosom of the Logans & the Spencers. One organ donation is NOT ENOUGH as redemption!  😡

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Good grief; Sheila having a case of the vapors is some weak ass sauce. No bees, no mercury, no outright kidnapping, no guns? And what is this stunt going to do? Finn didn't ask Sheila to come over; she just showed up, and he made it very clear she was not welcome. I guess Sheila is banking on the thought that Steffy won't believe him. That wouldn't make any sense though, given Steffy knows how Sheila operates, and how she just likes to appear out of nowhere. But, I have a feeling Show is going to dumb us down, and have Steffy think Finn called Sheila the minute she left for work. 

And really, didn't we have a scene where they were talking about the beefed up security? For some rich folk they certainly don't know how to protect themselves. 

I think I might already be done with it. 

Eric is going to make the supreme sacrifice and tell Quinn to go fuck Carter, and she will be too guilty to do it. And being handed to Carter like a surprise birthday present will take a lot of their steam away. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

The optics of Carter being used for stud service are just so, so gross. 

THIS!  Not just because it's a slap to Carter (he's not "good enough for a relationship, only for a roll in the hay") but because of the heinous, degrading American history involving black men being used for stud service (which also involved black women, but that's another story).

• Love 9

Thinking back to when Steffy pressed pause on filing the marriage license, Finn should've stood up for himself and told her we are either in this marriage together or we're not. If she's going to hold that license over his head, she might as well burn it now as he will not allow her to make a threat like that about their marriage. And then see what Steffy would do.

Totally on her side where it comes to Sheila and her issues with that woman near her family, but her marriage with Finn is actually a whole other deal altogether.  Steffy wasn't acting like a woman who was willing to put in the hard work to work with Finn on solving their problems but willing to take the 'easy' way out - which really isn't because does she think he'll just give up custody/visitation of Hayes?

Having said that, today's episode had me howling because this fool Finn was falling hook, line, and sinker for Sheila's play and actually admitted to Steffy he was worried about Sheila while Steffy is facepalming that this man can't see that this is ANOTHER ploy by Sheila to stay close to him.

When Sheila kidnaps Hayes or accidentally kills Finn in her shenanigans, THEN maybe he'll get it.

• Love 11

Did I hear them say that security was staffed at the house 🙄. I guess Shiela is invisible and able to walk right past security.  

Brooke and Ridge in the pomposity of their  pompous asses knows no bounds.  

The more Ridge, Brooke, and Stuffy bloviate about anything and everyone will make me very happy when the have to eat a shit load of crow.  Go Shiela go, bring the rain. 

TIIC must be getting cheap. Only one EMT?  They work in pairs. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Thinking back to when Steffy pressed pause on filing the marriage license, Finn should've stood up for himself and told her we are either in this marriage together or we're not. If she's going to hold that license over his head, she might as well burn it now as he will not allow her to make a threat like that about their marriage. And then see what Steffy would do.

If Finn had the spine God gave a jellyfish, a wet noodle, or Liam to speak up like that, I doubt they'd gotten married to begin with. The boy is a full on patsy. May God have mercy on his patients.

15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Wow. Even for a soap, this must be the shortest relationship ever. Steffy and Finn got together way too fast and now it’s falling apart way too fast. 

It's not even so much how quickly they got together as much as substance. Taylor and Whip went from first date to wedding during my 8 weeks of basic training, but the show made some effort to show why they should be together beyond Whip not being Ridge. At least we know Liam and Steffy bonded over truffle fries and Bob Hope movies--have Sinn ever had even an indoor house date? A dinner in Eric's kitchen? Even Nicole got that much from Zende, goodness!

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Shelia went from Shelia to Mom in record time. What a slap in the face to Li. 

Sheila is Finn’s mother, Li is Finn’s mom as far as I’m concerned. 

on a brighter note:  Happy Jewish New Year to all my fellow posters. 

• Love 10

I despise the way most soaps treat the adoptive parents of characters. Generally shows write these stories like the birth parents are the be all and end all. It's just so insulting.

In this case, Li raised Finn. She was the one there for all of his life events. She is mom. Sorry but give me a break. Plus, where is the proof Sheila is his birth mother? I mean did they do a DNA test already?!? Dark hair and a vague resemblance is not proof of anything.

I'm already over this story. It's stupid and rushed.

Why is Quinn back with Eric? Why? Why can't I ever have nice things? The show manages to stumble into a pairing with actual chemistry with Quinn and Carter but we have to keep Eric a part of it? WHY?? Why can't he go solve his issue with Donna instead? Sigh.

Paris can leave any time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Wow, beside being a nosy rosy, Finn’s sycophants, and a hypocrite Paris is now a fashion designer.  

Great hospital, she gets admitted without actually knowing what is wrong with her. Just pass the ER and go straight to a room. 

More bloviating with Paris and Zende. Why are they there?  They are just a waist of time and space.  

Brooke and Ridge are always raging but they are now at defcon 2 🥳🥳

I know I’m insulting Forest Gump but with that haircut, Finn resembles him especially when he has a blank look on his face.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Wow, beside being a nosy rosy, Finn’s sycophants, and a hypocrite Paris is now a fashion designer.  

Great hospital, she gets admitted without actually knowing what is wrong with her. Just pass the ER and go straight to a room. 

More bloviating with Paris and Zende. Why are they there?  They are just a waist of time and space.  

Brooke and Ridge are always raging but they are now at defcon 2 🥳🥳

I know I’m insulting Forest Gump but with that haircut, Finn resembles him especially when he has a blank look on his face.  

In today's show, I think Zende should have pressed his point MORE about how Paris is always going on and on and on about Finn. He can tell her this isn't the 1st time, 2nd time or even 3rd time she keeps singing Finn's praises. He touched a bit on it but really should have hammered it so he can throw it back in Paris's face when she (inevitably) cheats on him with Finn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I despise the way most soaps treat the adoptive parents of characters. Generally shows write these stories like the birth parents are the be all and end all. It's just so insulting.

It truly is. Unless it's a situation of a supercouple reunion (ie, Hal Munson adopting Jennifer on ATWT), adoptive families are treated like discarded trash the minute a bio-parent shows up. Remember that foolishness of Marcus being adopted as a grown ass man despite a loving relationship with his family in Texas? Liam mentioned having a good relationship with his stepdad but Mr Cooper's never been mentioned since 2010 and probably won't be unless Steffy needs to bait him into marriage after her next paternity test fuck-up, since they've run out of last names to give to boys.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

Remember that foolishness of Marcus being adopted as a grown ass man despite a loving relationship with his family in Texas?

OMG that was the worst and it made zero sense.

The thing is, I know for many adopted kids it's important to find birth parents. I respect that. But soaps generally treat this subject very poorly.

And really how difficult could it be for Finn to jump online and do a simple search for Sheila and discover that everything Steffy and the fam is saying is true? Hells bells, they've barely scratched the surface since I don't think they've covered all the stuff she did in WI!

Back in the day, it would have been harder to verify any of the info but now? Come on. I'm really supposed to believe someone would hear all this stuff and just go - oh well no biggie. Who doesn't have a family member who has attempted murder several times?

But I feel like this is yet another storyline where the writers only planned about 1 step of it and the rest is just a hodge podge of nonsense. This show is only like 20 minutes a day and the writers can't manage to craft a story that makes sense.

• Love 9

I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I cannot do that any longer with Finn. OK, you want to forgive Steffy for stepping out with Liam? That was your stupid decision; maybe her iron plated cooter was more than you could give up, but at the end of the day the only person you were hurting was yourself. In the instance of Sheila though? No, your dimwitted dumbness could cause harm to many; including your own son. I guess my biggest issue is that Finn is a doctor right? As a doctor, he should know that people pass out for various reasons; low/high blood pressure, low oxygen levels, afib, pulse rate, of course there are many more, but those also come with much worse symptoms. So, they cart the near death's door Sheila off to the hospital; and all her vitals are normal. Not a sign of anything out of the ordinary, but there is Dr. Finn pacing her hospital room, moaning about how he can't loose her. Huh? How many times has this idiot been told how Sheila manipulates? Can't this fool connect the dots? The first sign should have been how she just showed up, and at the precise moment Steffy left the house; stalking much? Then just look at the play of events; instead of seeing Sheila passing out as what it was, Finn is going on a guilt trip about how it is his fault? Oh my, my, my. 

So, since I have no recourse; GO STEFFY! Yeah, maybe she was a bit over the top with the first visit, but now Finn should be able to see what is going on, but he is in some fog of mommy love. Steffy needs to lay down the law; fuck Finn, she has two small children to protect, and it is now clear she cannot rely on her husband to parse out the truth from fantasy. 

Paris is doing the exact same thing her sister did; the only difference is she is not engaged to Zende, and I would have to say that they are not as invested as Zoe and Carter were. All the same, they are supposed to be in a relationship and all the girl does is moon around about the wonderful Dr. Finn. Zende wasn't forceful enough; he should have made it clear how offensive it is. 

I need a break; where the hell is Bill? I wouldn't even mind some Thomas. They have taken the only good thing away, and now we have to watch Quinn trying to get Eric's dick hard. That is so fucking not entertaining. I love John McCook. I have loved him since his Lance Prentiss days on Y&R; always finding him one of the sexiest, best looking men on daytime. But not now. I know how that sounds, but this Eric is not that Eric, and the thought of having sex with him sends shivers down my spine. A lot of it has to do with all that facial hair; something I find a turnoff. I am not into kissing, and eating stray bits of corn or beef too. Just saying. The whole thing feels off and wrong. I don't like any of it. 

On 9/7/2021 at 5:31 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Yes, and Li stands to loose more than anyone in this mess. If the truth comes out she will loose her husband, and Finn is already falling under Sheila's spell. I hope they let her have a big SL in the aftermath. I think she is pretty awesome. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I cannot do that any longer with Finn. OK, you want to forgive Steffy for stepping out with Liam? That was your stupid decision; maybe her iron plated cooter was more than you could give up, but at the end of the day the only person you were hurting was yourself. In the instance of Sheila though? No, your dimwitted dumbness could cause harm to many; including your own son. I guess my biggest issue is that Finn is a doctor right? As a doctor, he should know that people pass out for various reasons; low/high blood pressure, low oxygen levels, afib, pulse rate, of course there are many more, but those also come with much worse symptoms. So, they cart the near death's door Sheila off to the hospital; and all her vitals are normal. Not a sign of anything out of the ordinary, but there is Dr. Finn pacing her hospital room, moaning about how he can't loose her. Huh? How many times has this idiot been told how Sheila manipulates? Can't this fool connect the dots? There first sign should have been how she just showed up, and at the precise moment Steffy left the house; stalking much? Then just look at the play of events; instead of seeing Sheila passing out as what it was, Finn is going on a guilt trip about how it it his fault? Oh my, my, my. 

So, since I have no recourse; GO STEFFY! Yeah, maybe she was a bit over the top with the first visit, but now Finn should be able to see what is going on, but he is in some fog of mommy love. Steffy needs to lay down the law; fuck Finn, she has two small children to protect, and it is now clear she cannot rely on her husband to parse out the truth from fantasy. 

Paris is doing the exact same thing her sister did; the only difference is she is not engaged to Zende, and I would have to save that they are not as invested as Zoe and Carter were. All the same, they are supposed to be in a relationship and all the girl does is moon around about the wonderful Dr. Finn. Zende wasn't forceful enough; he should have made it clear how offensive it is. 

I need a break; where the hell is Bill? I wouldn't even mind some Thomas. They have taken the only good thing away, and now we have to watch Quinn trying to get Eric's dick hard. That is so fucking not entertaining. I love John McCook. I have loved him since his Lance Prentiss days on Y&R; always finding him one of the sexiest, best looking men on daytime. But not now. I know how that sounds, but this Eric is not that Eric, and the thought of having sex with him sends shivers down my spine. A lot of it has to do with all that facial hair; something I find a turnoff. I am not into kissing, and eating stray bits of corn or beef too. Just saying. The whole thing feels off and wrong. I don't like any of it. 

Yes, and Li stands to loose more than anyone in this mess. If the truth comes out she will loose her husband, and Finn is already falling under Sheila's spell. I hope they let her have a big SL in the aftermath. I think she is pretty awesome. 

Ginormous ITA to all of this...I nodded along to every single paragraph in this post (except for McCook being one of the sexiest/best looking men...just never caught my fancy).

• Love 2