Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I agree that they did a good job of setting the stage with having Finn sitting in the darkened room; waiting to be scolded. Steffy was still full of fire, but I can't blame her. Sheila has a history with infants; she likes to threaten them and she likes to abduct them. It doesn't matter if she is surrounded by the National Guard; if she wants that baby, she is going to have that baby. JMW is doing such good work with this material; I totally felt her panic and her fear. She knows how Sheila operates, she knows you don't know where to look, or how to predict her next moves. Unlike the horrid and completely pointless Summer of Sheila, this SL has stakeholders. It feels more like the old Sheila, so that makes her a much larger threat to Steffy and her children. I can absolutely see Sheila absconding with Kelly in order to get at Hayes in order to cause Steffy pain. Of course Sheila doesn't care about any of that; her goal has always been to "pay back" the Forrester's for being "mean to me", completely ignoring the fact they were "mean to her" with just cause and for legit reasons. Those scenes between Finn and Steffy were well written and well performed. I found them gritty, with sharp little teeth, and tons of under currents. I do believe their marriage is done. Steffy can't trust Finn now, and she is also in a position to question his judgement. I don't care how much love there is; without trust you got nothing. 

Jack, you don't poke a fire if you want it to die. You clearly don't have any idea what you are dealing with in Sheila. The one thing you don't do, is give her orders or dictate what you want her to do. Go back and look at some old Stephanie and Sheila clips if you need pointers and tips on how not to handle this loon. Stephanie also tried the bull in a china shop approach with Sheila, and it didn't go well for her; i.e. mercury poisoning, nearly being drowned in her own swimming pool, getting shot. You will never win this fight; the best thing for you to do is cut the cord now, before someone is seriously hurt or someone is killed. Go to your wife and make your confession and hope she will forgive you; I assure you she will not if she learns of your betrayal from Sheila. 

Ok Zende, you don't make any damn sense. A month ago you told Paris you wanted to "slow down", and now you are asking her to move in with you? And she turns you down as she waxes on about the wonderful Dr. Finn? I see fucking consolation sex coming, something that put the permanent kibosh on Steffy's mother's marriage. 

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Steffy needs Bill or someone who will go just as crazy on Sheila to keep her away from the baby.

Given how Sheila fucked with Bill's alter ego, Bradley Carlton, with the sex puzzle of him and Lauren Fenmore, I think Bill's addition to the SL would be very interesting. 

11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Speaking of which, where the hell is Bill?

I was just wandering that myself. He needs to get back into the fray, the sooner the better. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t mind Ted King’s mustache……much but why is walking around wearing a vest with no jacket? I’d give him a break if he was coming from the office but he’s not even working. I would like to see more of his pretty wife.

Ted King's a good actor but is he trying to give his character an Irish accent?  There are times when his character is speaking normally and then out of nowhere, he'll start speaking with weirdly accented words.  And what is up with him being afraid of Sheila's "blackmail"?  Sure it would be a shock, but Finn's finding out that Jack is his bio-dad is not life-ending or career destroying news. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Given how Sheila fucked with Bill's alter ego, Bradley Carlton, with the sex puzzle of him and Lauren Fenmore,

Good times!  You can't beat a sex puzzle, I prefer the original, the one of Jack Abbott and his step-mother Jill Abbott.  Lindsay Welles, the alter ego of Margo Lynley, started that trend.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Sure it would be a shock, but Finn's finding out that Jack is his bio-dad is not life-ending or career destroying news. 

It might be marriage-ending news.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Of course Sheila doesn't care about any of that; her goal has always been to "pay back" the Forrester's for being "mean to me", completely ignoring the fact they were "mean to her" with just cause and for legit reasons.

Sheila's also conveniently leaving out that when she threatened to kill herself in front of Eric, Ridge, Stephanie, and Brooke, they all united to talk her out of it. Stephanie initially was like 'go ahead and do it'  but in the end they said her suicide wasn't the way and saved her life to their eternal regret no doubt.

Adding Bill to the mix would be interesting as if they actually let Bill be OG Bill, it would get interesting at how ruthless he could get to protect Kelly, Hayes, and Steffy. Some Still fans think that they're endgame with Finn being the transition guy between Bill and Liam so having Bill come into this to amend for his Vinny lapse could bring some interesting layers.

Of course knowing this show, Bill will bed Sheila, LOL. I'm actually thinking once Li dumps him, Jack will spiral and have some hate sex with Sheila to keep her close while he tries to protect Finn. We'll see.

If Quinn ends up pregnant, rather than do the whole 'will the baby be black' just have it be Carter's kid with Eric saying he'd accept her child and be a step-father for as long as he's alive.  I could even see this show going the way of having a weird throuple with Eric/Quinn/Carter with Quinn torn between her old love for Eric and new love and intimacy for Carter.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, blackwing said:

How old is Quinn supposed to be?  She has a 30 - 35 year old son, I'd say she's about 50 - 55.  She shouldn't be eligible to have a baby at this point.

I think Quinn is supposed to have had Wyatt at 15 or 16 or 17. I seem to remember some throw away comment that Bill didn't have any idea how young she was.  Liam and Wyatt are supposed to be maybe 30. Practically exactly the same age as Bill was sowing all kinds of wilds oats simultaneously.  If Quinn is 45-47 she is definitely eligible to have the soap trope change of life baby.  My question is how old is Carter? Younger than Quinn I expect, but by how much?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Whoa

Great scene today between Eric and Quinn regarding his sexual difficulties.

Very real and very intense and very well done by both.

I wanted to reach through the screen and comfort Eric myself!

• Love 4

RS sure is bringing it to her love scenes both with Carter and now Eric, wow! 

Of course Finn has to be half naked and distraught as Paris just happens to be walking by the guest house…..but she “completely understands” his situation?  RIGHT!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

Offensive to whom???

To my mind, depending on how they play it, it may come across as offensive if the focus is on the WTD baby.  The focus should be on the act of infidelity itself, rather than the baby's skin color.  

Anyhoo, is Quinn post-menopausal?  

B&B has played it loose before when it comes to women of a "certain age" still being fertile (see the Brill baby Brooke miscarried).

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

See the birth of CJ Garrison, his mom Sally Spectra was well into her 50's.

Ah, but that was so worth it. CJ was a character that worked quite well as a contemporary of lil Rick. I kind of miss those two and their friendship.

I thought for sure that if Captive Cabin hadn't been so reviled that Quinn was gonna end up pregnant by Liam to force them to get together despite the rapemance but thankfully the show pivoted her HARD from that to Eric. She can have all the babies she wants with him and Carter for all I care. They're funeral.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

See the birth of CJ Garrison, his mom Sally Spectra was well into her 50's.

It's been so long since CJ was on the show I totally forgot about him!  Thanks for the reminder.

• Love 2

Paris Paris Paris you’re such a hypocritical Nosey Rosey.  Eye fucking Finn while he’s still married to Stuffy but you were so critical of Quinn while she was married to Eric.  Lending Finn a sympathetic ear, I feel, is just the prelude to intimacy between Paris and Finn. 

Stuffy, Ridge, and Brooke just can’t enjoy life because they are in a constant state of panic. Quinn and now Shiela is contributing to their neurosis and I couldn’t be happier.  

Stuffy can’t look at Finn because all she sees is Shiela’s face.  How about Finn thinking Stuffy is making love to Liam and not him.  If he knew about Bill, that could have been a game changer for Finn.  Yesterday I talked about sins of the mother but Finn is mostly unaware of the sins of Stuffy’s mother and father. 

Eric is being over the top about his ED. Just because you can’t get an erection, it doesn’t mean that you can’t feel the warmth of physical intimacy. The brain and the heart can say yes while the genitals say no.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Ted King's a good actor but is he trying to give his character an Irish accent?  There are times when his character is speaking normally and then out of nowhere, he'll start speaking with weirdly accented words.  And what is up with him being afraid of Sheila's "blackmail"?  Sure it would be a shock, but Finn's finding out that Jack is his bio-dad is not life-ending or career destroying news. 

THANK YOU!!!  I'm so happy someone else noticed this.  I thought I was just imagining it.  I even looked up his info to see if he was born in Ireland.  Maybe he spent a long time there at one point in his life?

13 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I don’t think Finn is handsome at all. 

He might be come across as more handsome if he could act and imbue any sort of personality into his character.  It's difficult to imagine why Stuffy fell in love with him.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, MsTree said:

Offensive to whom???

Re: this bit @norcalgal was replying to:

On 8/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, norcalgal said:

I also find it a bit offensive if they are going to set up yet another "is the baby going to be black" storyline.

[I know @blackwing said it but I can't find the original w/o losing what I type]

As a black woman, I'm not here for anything that sensationalizes having dark skin or making "otherness" the focus in a way that it wouldn't be for white characters. There's...a long, troubling history of black babies born to white women being treated as a dirty little secret, both in media and society and depicted as a thing only low brow women do. Given Amber's been given that story not once but twice, that's pretty troubling, as is the fact that Donna's teen pregnancy was treated as some OMG SCANDAL too. It's not a good look, to say the least.

I imagine people were nonplussed the first time in 1999 but in 2021, when there is more awareness of these issues, it shows a compete lack of sensitivity that one would be justified to assume is intentional.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

thought for sure that if Captive Cabin hadn't been so reviled that Quinn was gonna end up pregnant by Liam to force them to get together despite the rapemance but thankfully the show pivoted her HARD from that to Eric.

I'm still so baffled that TIIC did THAT instead of just some sloppy drunk sex commiserating their losses that turned into something akin to what happened with Katie and Wyatt to bury the hatchet once and for all. At the very least, having the two of them do a walk of shame could've made for some hilarity.

I hate this because of all the women Liam's shared screen time with, Quinn was the one he had the best chemistry with by far and Captive Cabin turned that potential into the Chernobyl of B&B relationships.

1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

He might be come across as more handsome if he could act and imbue any sort of personality into his character.  It's difficult to imagine why Stuffy fell in love with him.

Because the plot demanded it, lol

Yeah, I wish I cared a damn thing about Finn, but he's little more than a mcguffin for Steffy and Sheila to spar over. Much like how in the good ol' days of 2012 when Liam was the mcguffin for the Forrester and Logans to fight their own pissing matches behind 

Granted, this is still more entertaining but I just don't care about this dude as a character lol. Even child Hope had more memorability in her scenes with Nick back in the day than Finn.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Captive Cabin

May I spout off for a bit?  I am *still* incensed and offended that Quinn never paid for KIDNAPPING & repeatedly RAPING Liam!  😡

Imagine if it was the other way around!  But because the perpetrator was a woman, is Bell et al trying to say a woman cannot rape a man?!  

I'm trying to recall the last time any soap - not just B&B - actually made a rapist pay the consequences of their action. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Eric is being over the top about his ED. Just because you can’t get an erection, it doesn’t mean that you can’t feel the warmth of physical intimacy. The brain and the heart can say yes while the genitals say no.  

Eric’s mouth and tongue still work, right??

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, A-Lo said:

THANK YOU!!!  I'm so happy someone else noticed this.  I thought I was just imagining it.  I even looked up his info to see if he was born in Ireland.  Maybe he spent a long time there at one point in his life?

Me too!

I will say I’ve watched Ted on 3 soaps and I have never heard this Irish accent. 

• Love 3

Quinn goes from the old man Eric to the hot (bad) actor and back to Eric? Why? The prestige and the money? I missed episodes if she's got an agenda with this. Is she scheming? And why have an ED storyline? Does Brad Bell have it?  What is the demographic of this show?

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Re: this bit @norcalgal was replying to:

[I know @blackwing said it but I can't find the original w/o losing what I type]

As a black woman, I'm not here for anything that sensationalizes having dark skin or making "otherness" the focus in a way that it wouldn't be for white characters. There's...a long, troubling history of black babies born to white women being treated as a dirty little secret, both in media and society and depicted as a thing only low brow women do. Given Amber's been given that story not once but twice, that's pretty troubling, as is the fact that Donna's teen pregnancy was treated as some OMG SCANDAL too. It's not a good look, to say the least.

I imagine people were nonplussed the first time in 1999 but in 2021, when there is more awareness of these issues, it shows a compete lack of sensitivity that one would be justified to assume is intentional.

I fully agree.  Even in 1999 I think the days of “OMG that white girl slept with a black guy” should have been long over but the show treated the paternity of Amber’s baby as some sort of scandal if black Usher was the father instead of rich white boy Rick.

The offensiveness is that the rich white guy in both the Amber/Rick/Usher and the Quinn/Eric/Carter situations is treated as the “acceptable” result by society, whereas the less rich black guy is treated as the “OMG scandal”.   Now admittedly, the white guy in both situations was the guy the woman was with and the black guy represented the infidelity, but still.

Now on the other hand, when there was a question of Liam’s paternity, I don’t recall there being any particularly strong feelings whether it was Thorne or Bill.

The image of everyone crowded in the hospital room staring at the woman’s privates as the baby is coming and thinking “hope it’s not black hope it’s not black hope it’s not black” is what makes the situation a bit offensive.

1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

I will say I’ve watched Ted on 3 soaps and I have never heard this Irish accent. 

Is it because the character’s name is Finnigan and he’s trying to portray the character as 1st gen Irish?   

29 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

Quinn goes from the old man Eric to the hot (bad) actor and back to Eric? Why? The prestige and the money? I missed episodes if she's got an agenda with this. Is she scheming? And why have an ED storyline? Does Brad Bell have it?  What is the demographic of this show?

I think it’s obvious they are having an ED storyline so that Eric will make a “noble gesture” and be a martyr and give Quinn his blessing to be happy with Carter.  And to really highlight the age difference.  I don’t get it.  What about toys?  Hands?  Mouth?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

The image of everyone crowded in the hospital room staring at the woman’s privates as the baby is coming and thinking “hope it’s not black hope it’s not black hope it’s not black” is what makes the situation a bit offensive.

Sorry, but I don't see it that way. In fact, just the opposite...because I think Quinn has a LOT more chemistry with Carter than grandpa.

I also believe if the story is done right, the focus should NOT be on the baby's skin color, but who Quinn decides she wants to make a life with. And, of course, not all black babies are born with a dark complexion, so there's that.

Let's not judge the storyline before it comes to fruition. I understand the gripes, but let's hope the writers have matured and don't make the obvious their focus.

• Love 2

This is a time a girl needs her mom. Taylor's absence is leaving so much potential story on the table. She would be able to lay a very solid foundation; she was integral during the Sheila years and she was also shot by Sheila. It has been bad enough that a mother missed her son's brain surgery, her daughter's fight with addiction, the birth of her new grandson, her daughter's wedding, but now to still be MIA with the reappearance of Sheila, who is also her daughter's new mother-in-law and is also a grandma to her daughter's new baby? Taylor could add so much, and it could go a long way in redeeming the character, to see her fighting a real enemy, and not the dreaded Logan's. It might even break through some of the old animosities; Brooke and Taylor may hate each other, but they hate Sheila more, and you know what they say about a common threat bringing enemies together. Taylor's absence makes zero sense, and is a glaring hole in the SL. They need to put an immediate halt on Taylor's "missionary work" and recast this character poste haste. 

Who knew? Cliff House has a guest house too? So why didn't Steffy and Finn offer Paris those digs so everyone could have their privacy? But now Finn is there, all alone and depressed, hanging about shirtless. Let me just pull out my crystal ball..........UGH; I am so not on board for this. Finn has no spark with anyone; he is flat and dull as an actor. There is no way he is going to be able to pull off some side romance with Paris when he can't pull a main romance off with Steffy. And can I add how ridiculously stupid the whole thing is. Stupid and predictable. 

I started to get mad at Eric; he is worse than a woman with changing his mind. But if it were me, I would be doing the same thing Quinn is doing. I would not be able to walk out on him. All the same; I can't believe Eric has not been able to find a solution. He mentioned seeing all sorts of doctors; I just don't get it. ED is completely controllable and treatable; there has to be more to it. Eric must have something more severe than just plain old ED. But those scenes were really good all the same. It seems they are trying to give us a new Quinn. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Same here.  I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I find Papa Finnigan more attractive.

jenn-jenn-robbins.gif

8 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

He would never...

admit it. 

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, blackwing said:

think it’s obvious they are having an ED storyline so that Eric will make a “noble gesture” and be a martyr and give Quinn his blessing to be happy with Carter.  And to really highlight the age difference.  I don’t get it.  What about toys?  Hands?  Mouth?

This story highlights why soaps are dying as an art form and it's because they refuse to modernize. I don't expect all that to make it on screen of course but ED ain't the end of the world or the end of an otherwise good marriage these days.

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

I also believe if the story is done right, the focus should NOT be on the baby's skin color, but who Quinn decides she wants to make a life with. And, of course, not all black babies are born with a dark complexion, so there's that

I have my sincere doubts that Brad Bell knows this. I'm also a dark-skinned black woman who was Irish Girl pale for the first six months of my life, so....yeah :p

Given the ED, it seems like if Quinn is pregnant there won't be any doubt of the paternity unless we find out she had an off-screen side fling with Justin too so hopefully it'll be some "Eric let's get go for love" deal that isn't dragged out for too long. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Finn-Paris-clinch-BB-CBS.jpg?w=1230

I called it. Even faster than the two weeks I predicted. 

Not a kiss, but might as well be.

Elsewhere, Finn looks as deranged as his crazy bio-mom here (his reaction to learning the marriage license wasn't filed and Steffy will get around to it when she feels like it.)

Finn-floored-Steffy-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=10

If Steffy had a thought bubble here, I think "fuck off!" would be appropriate.

Steffy-Finn-apology-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=10

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Why in the world would a multi million dollar Malibu house would not have a guest house that has AC?  

Paris Paris Paris, Stuffy and Finn is none of your business and especially none of Zende’s business. Stop gossiping and do some work.  Yes Paris you are so so sorry, but you’re really not sorry are you?  

Stuffy has always been shallow so why would anyone be surprised that Stuffy is refusing to file their marriage papers. 

• Love 6

The most true/on point thing said on this show in a while was when Zende told Paris she's "so invested in this" (talking about Steffy & Finn's marriage).

JFC - Paris is so thirsty for Finn. She only sees things from his POV:  *he's* been through so much with Steffy, *he's* devoted to her, *he's* good for her and Steffy has to forgive him. Paris is basically saying it's STEFFY's fault if the marriage blows up because Steffy won't forgive. Good grief - not ONE SINGLE bit of reciprocity for Steffy!

smdh

• Love 10

I haven't seen today's show yet, but can just imagine from reading here.

I thought Paris and Steffy were such *close friends* now. WTH was Steffy thinking when she invited Paris to live with them?  Paris' grade-school crush on Finn (the teacher) is laughable. 

I believe the chemistry with Pinn is even more non-existent than with Sinn, if that's even possible.

I also think that Eric is lying about having ED. Why is this time different than when he had the same condition with Donna. I hope Quinn asks Eric about the doctors and psychiatrist he consulted with. Not in a confrontational way, but as his wife, I think Quinn would want to know that more serious conditions, like prostate cancer or the like, had been ruled out.

I think the reason the show is so bad right now (as if we need yet another reason) is because the actors in the key roles are so awful. Face it. If JMW is leading the pack right now in acting chops, you know it's got to be pretty bad. Finn is a disaster and Paris doesn't bring much to the table either, skill-wise. (I don't remember her being that bad on "Empire.")

I don't think the addition of "Smilin' Irish Eyes" Jack and Sheila are helping the cause. Watching Steffy and Sheila is like David and Goliath. Yawn and Ted King isn't having much luck elevating Finn when they are in scene together. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Stuffy has always been shallow so why would anyone be surprised that Stuffy is refusing to file their marriage papers. 

Controllllll! (Trademark Janet Jackson)

After losing many rounds of hump-a-Liam to Hope, Steffy now has a man whose leash she can yank again because he hasn't had years of Steffy exposure to wear him down to be halfway over her ish yet.  This tango is new to Finn and given he didn't bail on Steffy after she cheated on him but doubled down and swore his unconditional, unshakable loyalty and love to her and their family he's ripe for this kind of loyalty game she's playing and she's putting that to the test.

On one hand, my grandmother would be proud because she was a firm believer in holding onto that marriage license as well, on the other hand, Steffy is now showing a huge lack of faith in her husband and their marriage and that she's into playing games of control with Finn's life and his status as a husband and father to their child.  Poop or get off the pot, Steffy, but to dangle this marriage like a carrot on a stick with Finn to get what she wants is emotional extortion/blackmail. This relationship has gone from a fairy tale to toxic in less than a month and it's due to Steffy's actions on this front - not Sheila's. I get she feels desperate, but this play isn't the way for her to have a healthy marriage with Finn and he's now in a no win because if he caves and she knows he can be played like this, she'll keep doing it and he'll keep falling for it and he'll grow to resent her even as they're 'one big happy forced family' with Hayes and Kelly.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Remember that timeshe refused to give Liam an annulment to go marry Hope after that shit she pulled in Aspen? Sure wish someone would tell that shit to Finn :p

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Good grief - not ONE SINGLE bit of reciprocity for Steffy!

God, I remember the days I wished for someone not to give a flying fig about what Queen Stephanie II wanted and make her feel an ounce of the pain she's inflicted on others over the years--now TIIC have even ruined that.

I hate it here.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:

hump-a-Liam

LOL!

2 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Poop or get off the pot, Steffy, but to dangle this marriage like a carrot on a stick with Finn to get what she wants is emotional extortion/blackmail. This relationship has gone from a fairy tale to toxic in less than a month and it's due to Steffy's actions on this front - not Sheila's

All of this. She has a right to be upset, to even feel betrayed for the very plausible danger he put their child in. But waving marriage like this ain't a good look. Steffy's problem here is that her only tool in fixing relationships has been a hammer so every problem is a nail. Which translates to "do things how I want them, or else."

For as bland as Finn is at the moment, he's not Liam. Nor will Sheila run interference to remove Paris out the picture on her behalf as Bill did for her--if anything, Sheila will be glad to make sure Steffy gets stuck in a gondola to watch Finn marry someone else and I'd forgive her everything expect birthing those twins on Y&R if she pulled that off 🤣

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

On one hand, my grandmother would be proud because she was a firm believer in holding onto that marriage license as well, on the other hand, Steffy is now showing a huge lack of faith in her husband and their marriage and that she's into playing games of control with Finn's life and his status as a husband and father to their child.  Poop or get off the pot, Steffy, but to dangle this marriage like a carrot on a stick with Finn to get what she wants is emotional extortion/blackmail. This relationship has gone from a fairy tale to toxic in less than a month and it's due to Steffy's actions on this front - not Sheila's. I get she feels desperate, but this play isn't the way for her to have a healthy marriage with Finn and he's now in a no win because if he caves and she knows he can be played like this, she'll keep doing it and he'll keep falling for it and he'll grow to resent her even as they're 'one big happy forced family' with Hayes and Kelly.

28 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

All of this. She has a right to be upset, to even feel betrayed for the very plausible danger he put their child in. But waving marriage like this ain't a good look. Steffy's problem here is that her only tool in fixing relationships has been a hammer so every problem is a nail. Which translates to "do things how I want them, or else."

That's why B&B shouldn't have played it the way they did - extortion/emotional blackmail regarding the marriage certificate. Steffy shouldn't have reiterated to Finn even *today*, that she still trusts him.  Instead, she should have said that the incident with Sheila has made Steffy question Finn's judgement, and she DOES wonder if she can trust him (going behind her back with Sheila), so until she can feel there is 100% percent honesty/trust, she's not comfortable with filing the certificate to make their marriage official. She should be torn about this, rather than manipulative...but then again, she wouldn't be Steffy!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I apologize if this question has been asked/answered before but since when does the newly married couple have to actually go to the courthouse to file their marriage license. When my husband and I were married back in the ice age, our minister took care of that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I apologize if this question has been asked/answered before but since when does the newly married couple have to actually go to the courthouse to file their marriage license. When my husband and I were married back in the ice age, our minister took care of that.

Only on B&B you have to file your marriage license.  Right after the ceremony you sign, your spouse signs, the witnesses sign, and the facilitator signs. It’s the responsibility of the facilitator to bring the marriage license to be recorded. It’s also ludicrous that Stuffy and Finn had to make an “appointment” to go to the court house. 

• Love 4

When Wyatt and Stuffy were married there was that bit o'drama whether the officiant (Chaz Bono) has filed the license. A few tense days while they hunted for Chaz (who was laying low for some reason) to make absolutely sure Syatt were legally married. Bill and the Clerk at City Hall (who crushes on Bill) were even involved.

I know this is Bell-A, but doesn't Stuffy remember any of this? It wasn't that long ago,  Doesn't B Bell realize that the audience remembers this even if Stuffy doesn't.  We don't live in LA LA Amnesia Bell-A even if Stuffy does,

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I have the same question about the marriage license. I thought the couple signed it after the ceremony and the officiant filed it. Go ask Carter.

Wow! Banishing Finn to the guest house that has no AC. That's harsh! LOL! A real actual doghouse would probably be more comfortable. Either go big or go home, I guess. 

Sorry, but whenever I see Steffy with her new "intensely traumatized" expression, I think of this!

crazy eyes model GIF

• LOL 6
47 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

When Wyatt and Stuffy were married there was that bit o'drama whether the officiant (Chaz Bono) has filed the license. A few tense days while they hunted for Chaz (who was laying low for some reason) to make absolutely sure Syatt were legally married. Bill and the Clerk at City Hall (who crushes on Bill) were even involved.

I know this is Bell-A, but doesn't Stuffy remember any of this? It wasn't that long ago,  Doesn't B Bell realize that the audience remembers this even if Stuffy doesn't.  We don't live in LA LA Amnesia Bell-A even if Stuffy does,

I'll be honest, even I with an encyclopedic knowledge of this show had forgotten this until just now 🤣

But still, with all the reversed weddings in the family history, you'd think she'd take zero chances on this.

29 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

Hold on! I haven't been watching with consistency for awhile but a Quinn pregnancy?  I was older than Rena Sofer when she was on GH.  I thought soaps would finally stop using pregnancy as a punishment.

It hasn't come to pass and it's only speculation, but I'd rather not go through a pregnancy story either. Having 3 pregnancy stories in two years has burned me out on that plot and I'm sure few have the stomach for a miscarriage at this point in history.

Punishment or not, Quinn does not need another child, for an entire host of reasons.

• Love 3

Steffy should just rip up the marriage license and be done with it. She never will truly be able to trust Finn again after seeing Sheila holding Hayes.

But I also don't know why they're acting like it matters anyway if their marriage becomes legal. People on this show are able to divorce and annul their marriages with no effort at all. That's the problem with soaps' model of rushing couples to the altar and then ending the marriage just as quickly, rinse and repeat. It's impossible to take any of it seriously. There are no stakes involved in whether Steffy and Finn's marriage becomes legal.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

^^^exactly this, and especially on B&B where there's been more annulments and quickie divorces handed out than legacy children born in the show's entire run.

The moment a wedding ring is removed from a finger = divorce on B&B.

• LOL 4

I completely understand Steffy's feelings, but I have to agree with others that she is not coming off as distressed and upset, so much as "you didn't do what I told you to do; because of that I am not going to file our wedding certificate. So there!" I think it is just how she keeps repeating the Finn didn't do what she told him to. She is acting like his mother, not his wife. She also should not have lobbed out that she still trusts him when she clearly does not, and that certificate will never be filed, because she never will. It doesn't matter what Finn says, it doesn't matter how much he assures her it will never happen again, or how he is committed to her and their family. Steffy knows in her head that Sheila has gotten her hooks in him, and she knows what that will ultimately mean. There is absolutely nothing Finn can do to save his relationship or his marriage. As soon as Steffy told Ridge that when she looks at Finn all she sees is Sheila was the first nail in their relationship coffin. All the same, I understand her panic and her fear; this is Sheila we are dealing with after all. But JMW just doesn't have the acting jobs to pull off the kind of nuance that would let us see that. She only knows one way, and that is steamrolling while wielding a hammer. 

Quinn didn't tell Carter; I am impressed. She could pull a Brooke here, and try and keep Carter on the line by garnering his sympathy, but she didn't. 

Why are Paris and Zende discussing Steffy and Finn's marriage? They are just starting out on their own journey, and all they do is talk about another couple and how "wonderful" the husband is. So ridiculous. 

16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why in the world would a multi million dollar Malibu house would not have a guest house that has AC? 

So Dr. Finn can run around shirtless of course!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I know the show would never go there, but I think Cann would be pretty hot to watch. Boring AF to listen to as neither actor can act. Well, I take that back about LSV as he is good in scenes with RS.

Let Finn be a cautionary tale about marrying in haste ...  I realize that those are the only kind of marriages on the show. However, don't you think that Steffy would have clued Finn in about Taylor and Sheila, et al during their "courtship?"  Events instigated by Sheila had a pretty significant impact on Steffy's formative years. (Part of why she's such a hot mess.) Also, Finn feeling that being adopted was a deep, dark secret was just ridiculous.

I realize that Finn didn't know that Sheila was his birth mother until after the wedding, but you'd think he would have connected the dots. But as we're learning, the guy is pretty clueless in general and can't read a room worth shit. 

We didn't even get to find out if Finn likes truffle fries and Bob Hope movies. WE WUZ ROBBED of any attempts at actual courtship!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I'm back to watching now that Sheila's back, and I find the storylines with Finn/Steffy/Sheila/Jack/and whoever else to be interesting.   Much more interesting than that Quarter crap. 

Speaking of Quarter crap, maybe Eric will rent Carter out to service his wife?  Carter would be stupid enough to go for it.

However, I'm looking forward to Finn playing whackaboob with Paris.  I think that should be interesting.   

• Love 2

Paris Paris Paris you need  to go far far away and take your hypocritical ass back to wherever you came from. 

Paris, your telling Finn what you should be telling Stuffy. 

Come on Shana, are you that dumb not knowing what can’t means?  There is a old adage which says there is nothing worse than the first time you are not able to do it twice is the second time you can’t do it once. 

Stuffy your not going to let anything come between you and Finn. Wake up Stuffy there is a Fox in your Henhouse wanting to devour your rooster. 

• Love 2