Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Come on Show! So Eric has ED? Outside of the fact that he was diagnosed with that years ago, is the fact that the condition is completely treatable. And here he and Quinn are acting like they will have to travel the world looking for alternative medicines and experimental treatments. For fucks sake; go get a bottle of the little purple pills, or maybe a nice big ole fat joint. But please, stop acting like this is a terminal illness with no treatment. UGH!

Oh, Dear God, Eric's posse is on the way. I agree this reconciliation was a big mistake, but it was Eric and Quinn's mistake to make. Brooke and Ridge need to seriously step the hell off and let these other fucking adults do what they choose. Of all people, these two should know a thing, or two, or three, about breaking up and reconciling. And for heaven's sake, don't start a damn discussion about Eric's inability to rise to the occasion. I think we have had enough discussion about other people's sex lives. Just shut the fuck up. 

OOPSY! Looks like Steffy's trip will be cancelled, and our girl will be home in a blaze of mustard yellow to start clobbering people over the head with her candlestick. Cause we all know what she is going to walk in on. 

Now Jack, you really need to get the ok of the homeowner before inviting a psychopath over. Only a fool would believe a word out of Sheila's mouth. You give her this, and she is going to came back at you wanting that. And it will keep going, with the demands getting bigger. Maybe you should just come clean about your past with Sheila. Might save you a lot of heartache down the road. 

Brooke's dress? How can they show us all that awesomeness the other day, then put her in that dowdy, frumpy thing? 

Steffy looks like she is on her way to an intimate toy party, while Hope looks fresh and professional. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Only a fool would believe a word out of Sheila's mouth. You give her this, and she is going to came back at you wanting that. And it will keep going, with the demands getting bigger.

Yep, everybody knows - once you give in to a blackmailer the first time, they've got you by the short ones from that point on...(absent other things like Jack confessing, Sheila dying)

• Love 3

When Steffy awkwardly bumbled into her own house today and “acted” surprised to find Finn and his dad and Hayes and Sheila? Give me a freaking break, writers. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Hayes’ reaction speaks for all of us regarding his daddy’s stupidity.

I don't disagree about Finn's level of intelligence but I thought those scenes were written well enough to demonstrate that he was being manipulated into acting against his own best judgement.  Even when Jack was practically threatening him to allow Sheila to see Hayes, he stood his ground.  And, there was still a reluctance in his voice after Sheila told him things he had wanted to hear all of his life.  

Everything is a game for Sheila, and people function primarily as pawns to get her what she wants or obstacles for her to overcome.  I loved her laying on the charm with Finn and pushing all of the emotional buttons that were necessary to achieve the goal of holding her grandchild.  While, previously, she had threatened to destroy Jack's marriage if she didn't get her way.  That smirk on her face at the end was so fun, and a knowing sign that she had bested Steffy with little effort.  

Kudos to John McCook for tearing up while Eric was talking about his erectile dysfunction.  I couldn't help but chuckle through the entire scene, mostly because it's so ridiculous that a man of his wealth couldn't just call his doctor to resolve the issue.  

Someone has posted a multitude of B&B Shiela scenes on YouTube, so I feel like I've just taken a refresher course on how Sheila operates.  Hopefully, it will help me to fill in the blanks if the writing for this storyline is as mediocre as 2017's Summer of Sheila.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

giphy.gif

And so it begins, and will lead to:

giphy.gif

Complete insanity

giphy.gif

A relapse

giphy.gif

A meltdown

giphy.gif

Or murder

I can't lay words to how hilarious that entrance was. 

Finn is done. 

I don't like Jack; if you choose to fuck someone who is not your wife, that is on you pal. So why you hating on Sheila? She did what she said she would do and stayed away. And don't play the innocent victim; you knew something about her past when you were delivering the meat, but you didn't care. So you can stop with the injured philanderer shit. 

Bravo! I was so glad to see Eric find his voice and tell his son and daughter-in-law his personal business was just that; his personal business. And kudos to Quinn, who came off as mature and reasonable, while Brooke and Ridge acted like angry 6 year old's who weren't getting their way. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

And here he and Quinn are acting like they will have to travel the world looking for alternative medicines and experimental treatments

Can't he call his doctor daughter up to Google a treatment on the fly? :P Worked out well for Katie, didn't it?

But seriously this whole ED thing is such a nothing burger that we already dealt with years ago. Who cares?

37 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

I was so glad to see Eric find his voice and tell his son and daughter-in-law his personal business was just that; his personal business.

Yep. They know who Eric is and nagging never works. If it did he'd have stayed happily married to Stephanie without stepping out on her dozens of time. Quinn is bad news, but the Ross and Rachel of daytime TV have no business judging anyone on that score.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 8/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, Gam2 said:

Wow. Get a load of that mustard colored suit on Steffy today. Those pants are so tight that they’re ready to split at the seams. Ugly.

I know, I was like whoa, Steffy is dressed up as a banana, and it isn't even Halloween!

• LOL 8

And Finn?

Your marriage was over the second you didn't show Sheila the door. Let alone when you placed your innocent child in Sheila's arms. Biological mother or not.

Whether Steffy walked in or not.

That he would betray his wife like that for a woman he's known for about 30 seconds speaks volumes.

• Love 18

When Steffy unleashes on people that deserve it, it can be quite fun.

I actually felt sorry for Finn but at the end of the day, he's a grown man and his wife dead ass told him Hayes was not to be around Sheila and he facilitated that happening. The withering looks Steffy was throwing him were earned.

Steffy reading Jack and not taking any of his BS was great.  He tried a reasonable excuse of let her see him one time and she's gone but you could tell even he wasn't believing it and Steffy sure as hell wasn't.

The fact that Sheila still tried to justify shooting Stephanie with 'You don't know how mean she was to me!' shows how sick she still is.  Steffy's right to be worried but her continually goading and pressing Sheila's buttons ain't leading to anywhere pretty. And Steffy was still giving Sheila too much info with her sniping at Finn showing Sheila that the wedge is widening between them and giving Sheila ammunition to say to Finn that Steffy doesn't truly love or respect him.  Steffy is still playing into her hands. Ugh. But that's the effect of Sheila.

Steffy also entertained her way too long in that house.  Once Sheila said "i didn't mean to- ' Steffy could've stopped her with 'But you did. And you're still here. If you meant what you said about holding him once and leaving then get to stepping' showing Sheila the door with her gun trained on her every step of the way.

Jack hauled ass getting out with Sheila close behind leaving Finn's wrecked marriage in their wake.

Steffy's eye twitching and look of disgust at Finn? That marriage ain't never gonna recover. I can totally believe that Sheila's return is bringing up some PTSD from all the trauma of losing Taylor and I could buy Steffy's drug addiction coming back into play with or without Sheila's directly helping it along.

Stephanie 2.0 vs Sheila is shaping up to be good.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

I actually felt sorry for Finn but at the end of the day, he's a grown man and his wife dead ass told him Hayes was not to be around Sheila and he facilitated that happening. The withering looks Steffy was throwing him were earned.

Steffy reading Jack and not taking any of his BS was great.  He tried a reasonable excuse of let her see him one time and she's gone but you could tell even he wasn't believing it and Steffy sure as hell wasn't.

The fact that Sheila still tried to justify shooting Stephanie with 'You don't know how mean she was to me!' shows how sick she still is.  Steffy's right to be worried but her continually goading and pressing Sheila's buttons ain't leading to anywhere pretty. And Steffy was still giving Sheila too much info with her sniping at Finn showing Sheila that the wedge is widening between them and giving Sheila ammunition to say to Finn that Steffy doesn't truly love or respect him.  Steffy is still playing into her hands. Ugh. But that's the effect of Sheila.

Steffy also entertained her way too long in that house.  Once Sheila said "i didn't mean to- ' Steffy could've stopped her with 'But you did. And you're still here. If you meant what you said about holding him once and leaving then get to stepping' showing Sheila the door with her gun trained on her every step of the way.

Jack hauled ass getting out with Sheila close behind leaving Finn's wrecked marriage in their wake.

Steffy's eye twitching and look of disgust at Finn? That marriage ain't never gonna recover. I can totally believe that Sheila's return is bringing up some PTSD from all the trauma of losing Taylor and I could buy Steffy's drug addiction coming back into play with or without Sheila's directly helping it along.

Stephanie 2.0 vs Sheila is shaping up to be good.

Aaalllll of this!  And how often do I get to say I'm 100% on Steffy's side?!  In fact, this might be the first time - ever!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Today's episode should be on JMW's Emmy reel and if she won a 3rd time, it would be deserved.

From the moment she walked into her house and found her worst nightmare literally standing across from her, her infant son in the arms of evil personified, you could see the emotions just pouring out of her. 

E9xWFozVcAIFoJj?format=jpg&name=900x900

z6vC47bB?format=png&name=small

And look at the smug on Sheila. 

Steffy's righteous anger and fury was a thing of beauty. I saw shades of Stephanie in her and that she saved as much wrath for the men, including her own husband, as Sheila was something.

E90wc6pXIAEI_9q?format=jpg&name=900x900

She had Sheila dead to rights when she called her out at showing up now. I don't think Sheila gives one damn about Finn or Hayes. If she had, she would have reached out to Finn long before he married Steffy. It's only when she learned he was getting married to her, a Forrester, that she emerged from wherever she's been. And she also waited until the deal was sealed and they were pronounced "husband" and "wife" before she outed herself to Finn. 

When she railed at Finn: "You had ONE job!" I was like, "Tell him, girl!"

TAS3M342?format=jpg&name=900x900

When she cold-cocked Sheila, I cheered.

E90xEfNXsAE5eiI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yes, it's really me, CountryGirl, singing Steffy's praises.

Although Sheila looked like she quite enjoyed that slap. The glee in her snake eyes was palpable. 

Elsewhere, Annika smoked up the screen in her lingerie.

E90M1naX0AAtwf-?format=jpg&name=900x900

I loved that it was a bookend of sorts to Brooke earlier this week (although I'm meh about  the men they chose to don those sexy skivvies for). When she pushed Liam back on the couch, that's my girl. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

That's been my problem and why Steffy just hasn't worked. For most of her run, her "conflict" was one mostly of her own doing, egged on by jealous bitches and her biggest nemesis was Hope--who, to be fair can and has been up her own ass but didn't go out her way to be a bitch to people. She needed better targets and well...between the three of these jackwheels, she has 'em now.

4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Steffy's right to be worried but her continually goading and pressing Sheila's buttons ain't leading to anywhere pretty.

Also, this. Steffy is used to steamrolling her targets and flapping her jaws and the worst she'd get lobbed at her is some chocolate from Hope,  but she doesn't have a clue who she's fucking around with, but she sho 'nuff about to find out.

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Steffy's righteous anger and fury was a thing of beauty. I saw shades of Stephanie in her and that she saved as much wrath for the men, including her own husband, as Sheila was something.

For once.

My hat is off to whoever wrote this, they are firing with all cylinders.

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

When she railed at Finn: "You had ONE job!" I was like, "Tell him, girl!"

This!

I see people rail as Liam for being "bad" father and certainly his waffling will impact his girls' taste in men (or women if B&B decides to move into the 21st century by the time they're SORASed) as Ridge's clearly did with his, but could anyone see Liam doing shit like this if he found out Sheila was some long lost sister of his mother, for instance? Knowing all that Steffy told about her? I can't see it, myself. Hell, if Bill was still as openly devious as he was ages ago, Liam would have shut the door on him, too.

To be clear, Steam is a disaster I never want to revisit, but I bring that up to say that even an empty ping-pong head who has never made a decision in his entire LIFE has better fucking sense that this fecking guy. The beginning of Sinn wasn't earned, but it's destruction certainly will be.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

While I understand all of Steffy's concerns about Sheila, and her vitriol was warranted, I was really hoping Finn would stand up for himself a little more than he did.  He just stood there and took all of her ranting.  Perhaps it was a smart move on his part.  

It was funny to hear Steffy foam at the mouth about how well she knows the How and Why of Sheila's machinations, which is exactly how you challenge Sheila to a duel, if you really know who you're dealing with.  Lauren and Stephanie have both come at Sheila in a similar manner, and it didn't go well for either of them.  

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Although Sheila looked like she quite enjoyed that slap. The glee in her snake eyes was palpable. 

That slap was a "Game On!" for Sheila.  Honestly, I think Sheila has been bored since her attempt to reclaim Eric back in 2017.  Steffy was right in saying that Sheila thrives on trouble, and this is exactly what Sheila needs to feel revitalized.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I was really hoping Finn would stand up for himself a little more than he did.  He just stood there and took all of her ranting.  Perhaps it was a smart move on his part.

Def a smart move. Finn was a) seeing a new level of Steffy’s anger and in some shock and b) was caught dead to rights wrong in having broken her trust in letting Sheila in her house and hold their son. He didn’t really have the mental agility or leverage to say much of anything.

But I also think that Finn was smart/respectful and savvy enough to know that pushing back at Steffy in that moment would be airing their marriage in front of Jack and Sheila in what he perceived as more of a private conversation/confrontation. He wasn’t going to undermine her any more in Sheila and Jack’s eyes than he already had. He was going to let her get her rightful grievances out and then try coming at her when she’s calmer. Had he pushed back in the heat of the moment she might very well have told him to get out right then and there with him having NO opportunity to defend himself.

All the times Steffy has slapped Sheila it’s been in front of Finn. It’ll be the one time that he’s not there that Sheila is gonna punch back and let her know that she’s been kind up to now because Finn loves her and she wants her son to be happy but Steffy is quickly showing her that she’s just like her grandmother and Sheila will be damned if her grandson will be raised by a horrid bitch like Steffy. Sheila may decide that Finn and Hayes are better off without Steffy and while they love Steffy, Sheila will help them both get over her if something tragic were to happen. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I thought Steffi showed remarkable restraint.  I know I'm a club of one, but I find Sheila beyond tedious.   Exactly when did she find time to have all of these children, who all seem to be roughly the same age?  And she has a daughter who shares her particular brand of crazy, so go find Daisy and bond with her.   If this is the story that ultimately drives a stake through Sheila's shriveled heart once and for all, them I'm good with it.  But please let this be the end of her.    

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I thought Steffi showed remarkable restraint.  I know I'm a club of one, but I find Sheila beyond tedious.   Exactly when did she find time to have all of these children, who all seem to be roughly the same age?  And she has a daughter who shares her particular brand of crazy, so go find Daisy and bond with her.   If this is the story that ultimately drives a stake through Sheila's shriveled heart once and for all, them I'm good with it.  But please let this be the end of her.    

I'm more in the "This is tedious and done before, but I'm beyond grateful not to have Steffy chasing Lame and she's been deserving of someone putting a boot up her ass since at least mid 2010 anyway" camp, but yeah. Mary is a legacy child (and one who had decided to cut ties after realizing how Sheila had lied her entire life), but the others? Ryder and especially Daisy drove me up the wall and Diana was a plot point who will never be revisited since her alleged father will never appear on screen again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I can totally believe that Sheila's return is bringing up some PTSD from all the trauma of losing Taylor and I could buy Steffy's drug addiction coming back into play with or without Sheila's directly helping it along.

I noticed that Sheila’s only hit that landed today was when she asked Steffy if she might understand as a mom how it might feel to lose a child. That was a direct dig about PhoeBeth and losing her when it was revealed Phoebe was Beth directly led to the addiction issue later. That dig did not in fact make her more sympathetic to Sheila because Steffy became even more fierce in her anger. I think Sheila knew it would never work and it was just another manipulative turn of the screw toward Steffy. Also, Sheila wanted to seem like the reasonable person who’s just misunderstood and that Steffy is just the angry shrew in Finn’s eyes. He shouldn’t buy it, but he probably will. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought the whole Steffy-Sheila confrontation was hilarious. JMW was channeling Ramona Singer with the crazy eyes.  I can't wait until Sheila strikes back at the bitch full on. Steffy's had it coming for a L-O-N-G time now.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Sheila trying to justify shooting Stephanie because she was mean to her was ridiculous. Yes, that's a great reason. Isn't Finn supposed to be a doctor, with the amount of people Sheila has shot and tried to kill, the fact he still stood there trying to justify Sheila was ridiculous.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I know I'm a club of one, but I find Sheila beyond tedious.

Oh, you are not alone; this character's expiration date has long since passed. I would have much rather of had Finn's bio dad be the issue, but for some reason Show feels that Sheila is the only way to give us shock and awe. 

I will say that with this incarnation, they are giving me Jack to dislike as well, and that also allows me to have a small sliver of compassion for Sheila. It isn't about Finn, or Hayes, or the Forrester's. It's about a married man having an affair with someone he knows is mentally off, and then after she winds up pregnant, making this deal that involves Sheila stepping out of child's life forever. I do realize that is what was best for Finn, but at the same time it infuriates me, because Jack just got it all. He got to screw around on his lovely wife, he got a son, and he got off scott free. And now he is all nasty and snarky at Sheila, even though he is the one that chose to have an affair with her. He is just a pig, and I want to see him outed. Li deserves so much better. 

JMW was awesome yesterday; she is so much better when she has a better adversary than her sister. I also agree about the writing; don't know who is responsible for it, but it was very entertaining, as was JMW's delivery. She hit the right notes, had all the right looks, and her timing was perfect. And every single thing she said to, and about Sheila, was spot on. At the same time, she absolutely gave Sheila a lot of ammo, but what are you supposed to do when you are that angry, and disgusted and disappointed? I am not a parent, except to my furbabies, and if I walked in and they were in the hands of someone I know could do them harm? Oh, hell yeah, an angry redhead is going to be getting serious. There is nothing like a mother's love right? And there is another thing; the absolute look of panic on Steffy's face when she saw her son in Sheila's arms? That need to protect? Yeah, I was glad to see her share the venom with the two men in the room, and didn't miss Finn's protestations when she told Jack to leave. So now Finn really has a platter of shit to deal with; a new bio mom who is a fucking loon, a new wife that will never trust him again, and who now dislikes and distrusts his father too. 

Wait till Ridge finds out.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm more in the "This is tedious and done before, but I'm beyond grateful not to have Steffy chasing Lame and she's been deserving of someone putting a boot up her ass since at least mid 2010 anyway" camp, but yeah. Mary is a legacy child (and one who had decided to cut ties after realizing how Sheila had lied her entire life), but the others? Ryder and especially Daisy drove me up the wall and Diana was a plot point who will never be revisited since her alleged father will never appear on screen again.

I was on B&B hiatus in bits & pieces these many, many years (I started watching in college back in the early 1990s), so I missed all the times Sheila had these kids. But good point from someone upthread who wondered when did Sheila have all these kids?!  My breaks from the show weren't decades-long breaks!   

9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I thought the whole Steffy-Sheila confrontation was hilarious. JMW was channeling Ramona Singer with the crazy eyes.  I can't wait until Sheila strikes back at the bitch full on. Steffy's had it coming for a L-O-N-G time now.

7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Sheila trying to justify shooting Stephanie because she was mean to her was ridiculous. Yes, that's a great reason. 

Steffy may have had it coming, but not from Sheila, and not in this particular situation. Given Sheila's violent/psychotic past with her family, Steffy is absolutely right to lay into Sheila like she did, and not trust Sheila. Going Mama Grizzly was completely reasonable...and OMG - I could not believe how Sheila tried to justify MURDER (like @Artsda wrote "mean to me"?!?!).  Can you imagine how high schools (and middle schools) will thin out if every time someone was "mean" to someone else they could KILL them with impunity?! 

32 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Wait till Ridge finds out.

At the Sinn wedding, when the Sheila reveal happened, I recall being disgusted with Ridge that he immediately assumed Jack & Li were involved in Sheila's schemes. Par for the course for Ridge to be assholer-y... but now, Ridge will question once again if Finn's parents - or just Jack - did in fact have something to do with bringing Sheila back into their lives.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I was on B&B hiatus in bits & pieces these many, many years (I started watching in college back in the early 1990s), so I missed all the times Sheila had these kids.

Mary was the only one that she was shown to carry and give birth to onscreen. Ryder and Daisy (who were twins IIRC) were retcons on Y&R, whose aunt was yet another doppleganger, this time of Lauren and Diana has only ever appeared once, supposedly the daughter of Massimo but...as I said, that character is long gone and with Joseph Mascolo having passed on, won't be revisited.

I mentioned it before but Hayes isn't even Sheila's first grandchild: Daisy was as crazy as her mother and drugged Daniel to produce a daughter with him, meaning Hayes has a cousin in Genoa City. But since Lucy isn't a Forrester, I guess she don't care nothing about her! 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

But since Lucy isn't a Forrester, I guess she don't care nothing about her! 🤷‍♀️

I just realized that Shelia shares grandkids with not one but two crazy ass bitches. Taylor & Phyllis. Between the three of them, I don't know who's the craziest. Sheila probably doesn't want to get involved with Lucy because that would put her in the crosshairs of Phyllis at some point. Maybe she doesn't want to tangle with someone that has the same amount of fear of consequences as she does, as in none. Unless she's doing a farewell tour (please someone end her) and wants Phyllis to take her out, lol.   

9 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I do realize that is what was best for Finn, but at the same time it infuriates me, because Jack just got it all. He got to screw around on his lovely wife, he got a son, and he got off scott free. And now he is all nasty and snarky at Sheila, even though he is the one that chose to have an affair with her. He is just a pig, and I want to see him outed. Li deserves so much better. 

Preach! Cheating men getting off Scott free is the status quo of B&B. But somehow more awful now than it was before. 

18 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm more in the "This is tedious and done before, but I'm beyond grateful not to have Steffy chasing Lame and she's been deserving of someone putting a boot up her ass since at least mid 2010 anyway" camp,

I'm in the same camp too. I have mixed feelings about it being Sheila, but maybe it's better her than nobody idk? Because as great as it was that Steffy ripped into Sheila a lot of what she said applies to her not much younger self, save for 1st degree murder. JMW killed it though. I know it might seem like a bad time to say Steffy deserves comeuppance but she does though. The writers should've had Hope clock Steffy more than a few times by now. And read her lying, revising history ass for filth. Instead now they're "cool" and Steffy will probably never truly pay for the things she done to Hope. For fucks sake, what is going on in that writers room that they are so opposed to Hope being more than an (occasionally obnoxious) victim that she can't even make, Felony the woman who kidnapped her daughter, life an utter living hell. All this potential is being wasted on Sheila 😒😒😒

I'm officially team Quarter. If only so I can go back to feeling controlled hatred/occasional neutrality towards Quinn. I can't hate her that much when she's dealing with Eric & Co.'s shit. Eric was right to drop her the first time, after this can't feel sorry for him. I barely did before. And unlike Lope, Quarter is rootable and has better chemistry. 

What the fuck is wrong with Brooke & Ridge that they have to be not only in their children's business but Eric's? They are both too annoying to live at this point. Nobody asked them shit anyway nor do they have room to talk the way they do.       

I might be alone here, but I want Sinn to survive longer than it seems like it's going to. Not because Steffy deserves happiness but we the audience deserve to be spared the impending doom from the triangle of dumb. Finn really did have one job. XD 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Mary was the only one that she was shown to carry and give birth to onscreen. Ryder and Daisy (who were twins IIRC) were retcons on Y&R, whose aunt was yet another doppleganger, this time of Lauren and Diana has only ever appeared once, supposedly the daughter of Massimo but...as I said, that character is long gone and with Joseph Mascolo having passed on, won't be revisited.

Aaaah, OK thanks...regarding Y&R cont'd below..

1 hour ago, TeamGabi said:

I just realized that Shelia shares grandkids with not one but two crazy ass bitches. Taylor & Phyllis. Between the three of them, I don't know who's the craziest. Sheila probably doesn't want to get involved with Lucy because that would put her in the crosshairs of Phyllis at some point. Maybe she doesn't want to tangle with someone that has the same amount of fear of consequences as she does, as in none. Unless she's doing a farewell tour (please someone end her) and wants Phyllis to take her out, lol.  

I gave up on Y&R a long time ago and never came back. Partly because I couldn't stand Victor Newman anymore, partly because the stories weren't interesting to me, and partly because I gave up on the show ever reuniting Cricket & Danny. And correct me if I'm wrong (it was sooooo long ago), wasn't it Phyllis who concocted the whole "Danny had an affair with me and got me pregnant" BS that ended Cricket & Danny's marriage?  Wasn't Phyllis some crazy stalker fan of Danny's who drugged him while he was on tour and thus began her terrifying reign/appearance in Genoa City?)

• Love 9
11 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

just realized that Shelia shares grandkids with not one but two crazy ass bitches. Taylor & Phyllis. Between the three of them, I don't know who's the craziest.

Definitely Phyllis, no question. Taylor's always had a stick up her ass and was always smelling herself even before she went full on batshit, but Phyllis is every bit as sociopathic as Sheila, minus any real attempts at changing. I can't imagine Sheila going against her own child to force him to raise a baby conceived in rape, so there's that. :\

12 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

I know it might seem like a bad time to say Steffy deserves comeuppance but she does though

You're right and you should say it. She's been needing one for a long ass time and no one, not even Quinn, ever delivered on that. While I'm Team Steffy in this conflict all the way, it's beyond satisfying to see her come across a nemesis who she can't use her wealth or her brass cooter to win against, and I think even JMW knows that because this has been her best acting in years. As Countrygirl said, if she wins another Emmy from this, she will have earned this one.

For fucks sake, what is going on in that writers room that they are so opposed to Hope being more than an (occasionally obnoxious) victim that she can't even make, Felony the woman who kidnapped her daughter, life an utter living hell

Seeing how they ruined Brooke never trusting Thomas for most of us, I wouldn't dare trust them to do this. It's just be months of Hope screeching to anyone that would listen that Flo Bad™ and me being bored AF.

That said, she should've read her shitty ass family for filth for offering forgiveness behind her back.

Speaking of which:

What the fuck is wrong with Brooke & Ridge that they have to be not only in their children's business but Eric's? They are both too annoying to live at this point. Nobody asked them shit anyway nor do they have room to talk the way they do.      

Yeah, nothing to add here, except to ask who TF did KKL piss off to make her be written this was? Ridge has always been an entitled pig on his best day even before the second worst casting decision in the industry behind Charity Rahmer's 16 day run on Days, but Brooke could at least try to show some empathy at times, especially to people who ever deserved it like Stephanie. That woman fascilitated her rape and she stayed by her deathbed but Quinn is unforgivable for Shidge? If Brooke hadn't macked on Bill, she wouldn't have had anything to expose in the first place. STFU.

I might be alone here, but I want Sinn to survive longer than it seems like it's going to. Not because Steffy deserves happiness but we the audience deserve to be spared the impending doom from the triangle of dumb. Finn really did have one job. XD 

This is, as the kids say today, "based" 👍

10 hours ago, norcalgal said:

And correct me if I'm wrong (it was sooooo long ago), wasn't it Phyllis who concocted the whole "Danny had an affair with me and got me pregnant" BS that ended Cricket & Danny's marriage?  Wasn't Phyllis some crazy stalker fan of Danny's who drugged him while he was on tour and thus began her terrifying reign/appearance in Genoa City?)

That was before my time, but if she did drug him, that would sure explain the lack of empathy she had towards her own son in the same situation.

Michelle Stafford made an pretty passible Sheila in 2005. Possibly because the two characters are cut from same cloth. xD

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

the second worst casting decision in the industry behind Charity Rahmer's 16 day run on Days,

😂

That's Charity "Very Experienced" Rahmer!

There is a theory that she was cast with the idea that fans were going to be resistant to a recast regardless, and so if they cast the worst possible person at first and then replaced her, fans would be more welcoming to the actual recast than if she had been the first and only recast, which kinda is how it played out. It went from HorriBelle to AcceptaBelle. Would that B&B had been following the same strategy when they recast Ridge with TK...who actually is a good actor but the way he plays Ridge is just not at all right for the character. Ridge is not out of his range but unfortunately it's like he's decided what he wants to play is Zach Slater in the later part of his run on AMC, and TK isn't going to take notes from anybody. I suspect as a personality thing he's not suited to be a recast; he wants the character to be his own creation. Maybe that's why his best pairings on B&B have been ones that his predecessor wasn't part of.

I also wonder if how things have worked out with TK is why B&B is so resistant to recasting Taylor. Because otherwise it's very weird that they don't: A show that sucked it up to recast Ronn Moss's Ridge certainly should be able to suck it up to recast Hunter Tylo's Taylor.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I also wonder if how things have worked out with TK is why B&B is so resistant to recasting Taylor. Because otherwise it's very weird that they don't: A show that sucked it up to recast Ronn Moss's Ridge certainly should be able to suck it up to recast Hunter Tylo's Taylor.

The only thing I can think of is the way Ronn Moss left the show.  If I remember this correctly, (and if I don't I know someone will correct me!), RM was asked to take a pay cut, he did not agree to the offer, and he abruptly left the show in a lurch.  The recast with TK was the Bells way of saying to RM that he was done, he is never coming back.  And since Hunter Tylor has been with the show, she has left the show countless times, always to come back when requested.  Two different employer/employee relationships.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

If I remember this correctly, (and if I don't I know someone will correct me!), RM was asked to take a pay cut, he did not agree to the offer, and he abruptly left the show in a lurch

That was part of it, but RM and his wife had survives a pretty bad car crash and he said his memory had been somewhat shot ever since and wasn't sure he could do the daily grind of memorizing lines anymore (good thing, too, as the writing today is so incredibly insipid!). The money situation and treatment by Bell was probably the push he'd been looking for to leave, as music was always his first love.

That said, I think there's some truth to the former because Susan Flannery, whose impending retirement was already planned for with her lung cancer story, asked for the show to expedite her exit shortly after that.

Still, you're right that for whatever reason, Bell has always had a soft spot for HTy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

That was part of it, but RM and his wife had survives a pretty bad car crash and he said his memory had been somewhat shot ever since and wasn't sure he could do the daily grind of memorizing lines anymore (good thing, too, as the writing today is so incredibly insipid!). The money situation and treatment by Bell was probably the push he'd been looking for to leave, as music was always his first love.

Thanks, I was not aware of this.  It makes perfect sense.

• Love 1
On 8/17/2021 at 10:09 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Hmmm, I still am not convinced that line about not being able to have kids was a mere throwaway. I suspect she'll reunite with Eric and find out she's pregnant, and we'll get to do the whole worrying about whether the baby will be born black or not. Joy. :\

How old is Quinn supposed to be?  She has a 30 - 35 year old son, I'd say she's about 50 - 55.  She shouldn't be eligible to have a baby at this point.

I get this is a soap opera, where over on Y&R, Victor Newman who had a vasectomy was able to impregnate 60 year old Ashley Abbott, but still...

I also find it a bit offensive if they are going to set up yet another "is the baby going to be black" storyline.  They did this with Amber way back in the day when she wasn't sure if Rick or Usher was her baby's father.  Then it happened with Amber again when she was pregnant and Liam thought it was his, but then the baby turned out to be black and surprise turns out she'd been sleeping with Mushmouth Marcus although this was the first time it had been mentioned on the show.

On 8/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, Gam2 said:

Wow. Get a load of that mustard colored suit on Steffy today. Those pants are so tight that they’re ready to split at the seams. Ugly.

Yes, she looked like a shiny overripe banana about to burst.  Those thighs were screaming to be released from the peel.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:17 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Agreed, I've never liked the character and she deserves a karmic hit for everything she ever did to Hope.  I'd love if Sheila told Steffy that "you think you can take on me?  Oh please little girl, you're no Stephanie and you never will be."

• Love 4

This is probably just snarky gossip, but I also read that RM was miffed because the leading man role was slowly shifting to Liam. But, yes, I actually watched an old interview clip of him describing the car crash he and his wife were in and he realized that life is short and to spend time doing what you love. I can't say I blame him.

But still ... of ALL of the actors out there with soap experience WHY did Bell settle on TK? He is just awful as Ridge. 

• Love 11

Today's show was not a bad follow-up.  They allowed for everyone to catch their breaths and then get down to some hard truths.

Firstly the most important development - Cliff house has a guest house? If so why didn't Liam crash there after Hopequinn-gate? Why is Paris not staying there instead of at the main house with Sinn and the kids?

Next up, NOW Zende asks Paris to move in and then she declines because she's enjoying where she's living? C'mon girl.

Sheila and Jack.  Jack was asking the right questions and learned his lesson re Sheila - you got to see Finn and hold Hayes, why are you still here? Ah, you were never going  to leave, were you?  Jack learned quick that Sheila's word is crap.  Ole boy just needs to come clean with everyone and get himself a good divorce lawyer. Sheila's got leverage over him and will never be out from under her as he still isn't fully recognizing who he's messing with.  His options are to either come clean or send her to Prince Omar to keep her locked up until she dies or kill her himself and hide the body. Otherwise, Sheila's gonna win.

Steffy and Finn.  Having Finn sit quietly in the darkened living room, reliving the scene, wondering what was going to happen next with Steffy was a great intro to their scenes. Then the door closing to the nursery and he looks up like a kid awaiting their punishment. Steffy still was steamrolling in the beginning but she finally let Finn speak and he told her and himself some truths about why he let it happen and he finally could see how upset Steffy really was.  But damn that look on his face when she said she couldn't look at him was one part devastated but also looked dangerous. I hope they don't go the way of Sheila's sociopathic blood 'activating' and Finn going nuts but he certainly had that look about him.  Also loved Steffy letting him know when he defended Sheila is his birth mother than Steffy is his wife and he went against her wishes for their child which was a BIG, HUGE betrayal. He's shown that when it comes to Sheila his emotions cloud his judgement which is what Sheila is counting on and knows how to manipulate to get what she wants.

I like this flawed Finn (although he's being stupid about Sheila) and I love the legit non-romanitc hurdles that Sinn are now facing to test their mettle into becoming a true couple. It's kind of a cheat by having his mom be Sheila but the drama has been must see since the reveal has happened. Hoping they can keep this pace up for a while with some nice twist and turns.

• Love 8

Well folks, I unfortunately must let you know that I sustained serious injuries from non-stop rolling of my eyes at Steffy’s nonsense in today’s ep. As for Finn, when life gives you a lemon colored irrational spouse, make lemonade as you call the divorce lawyer.

The only thing that could make Zende and Paris interesting is if they got trapped in an adjoining barbershop/hair salon. And by trapped, I mean made an appointment.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh wow  - I didn't know that about his car crash.  Glad he and his wife survived, and besides spotty memory, I hope there aren't any other lingering issues.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I get this is a soap opera, where over on Y&R, Victor Newman who had a vasectomy was able to impregnate 60 year old Ashley Abbott, but still...

I've posted before I stopped watching Y&R some time ago...but one of the most vivid storylines I can recall (and was one of the main stories at the time I began watching) was when Ashley had an abortion because young child Victoria (about 5 years old or so) was sent out by Nikki to sabotage Victor & Ashley's relationship. I recall thinking:  WOW - they are actually having a character go through with an abortion and that was amazing to my teenage mind. 

I also find it a bit offensive if they are going to set up yet another "is the baby going to be black" storyline.  They did this with Amber way back in the day when she wasn't sure if Rick or Usher was her baby's father.  Then it happened with Amber again when she was pregnant and Liam thought it was his, but then the baby turned out to be black and surprise turns out she'd been sleeping with Mushmouth Marcus although this was the first time it had been mentioned on the show.

yep - it would be offensive to go there again...

1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

This is probably just snarky gossip, but I also read that RM was miffed because the leading man role was slowly shifting to Liam

I dunno how much I believe that, given Crap Wagner had been usurping him for years up to that point and he hadn't said boo diddly dick about that. Liam is no Ridge, I'll give him that, but he and Brooke should've long shifted into more supportive roles IMO.

38 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I like this flawed Finn (although he's being stupid about Sheila) and I love the legit non-romanitc hurdles that Sinn are now facing to test their mettle into becoming a true couple. It's kind of a cheat by having his mom be Sheila but the drama has been must see since the reveal has happened. Hoping they can keep this pace up for a while with some nice twist and turns.

Me, too. It's legit been refreshing to see this. I wish Finn was a tad bit smarter about it all, on a show that had Liam cheat because of aannequin he didn't bother to look into, this is progress hahaha.

Was also nice to have her and Hope having the first scene to pass the Betchel test since I started watching in the 90s, so that was a pleasant surprise too. I guess AN likes the boho look, but they found something that actually look like something a professional fashion mogul would wear. Fucking FINALLY.

• Love 6

A little dramatic Stuffy. Shiela is going to kidnap Hayes?  What is Shiela going to do run out of Stuffy’s house with the baby in her arms. 

Paris is dressed fairly nice today.  I’m still wondering how she can afford her clothes. 

Was Paris actually fixating on Finn in front of Zende?  

Finn, that hair cut makes you look even stupider and more boating than you are. 

I’ve heard of sins of the father falling on their sons but here we have the sins of the mother.  Stuffy your an idiot. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

A little dramatic Stuffy. Shiela is going to kidnap Hayes?  What is Shiela going to do run out of Stuffy’s house with the baby in her arms. 

I mean, she's literally done it before, so her shrieking is actually justified here.

• Love 6

Liked Paris’ outfit today but not sure why her 5 inch cleavage is always on display.  And yes she was literally drooling for Finn right in front of Zende!  I thought they were going to cool it now kissing and suggesting she move in with him all of a sudden?  I didn’t know they had even had sex yet?

Steffy has a guest house?  How convenient.  Agree Paris should have been put there instead of inside their home if she had to be there at all.  

• Love 10

Where is Steffy’s guest house? Or is Finn going to Eric’s guest house that everyone in the world has stayed in? I also want to know if Steffy has a guest house, why isn’t Paris McBooby staying there? Enquiring minds want to know!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Finn's an idiot, Steffy needs Bill or someone who will go just as crazy on Sheila to keep her away from the baby.

Speaking of which, where the hell is Bill? He'dake a great rogue element in all this and is the only one who wouldn't be shaking in his boots. He gets shit done. Or rather, Justin used to (wtf happened to that too?).

• Love 6

I don’t mind Ted King’s mustache……much but why is walking around wearing a vest with no jacket? I’d give him a break if he was coming from the office but he’s not even working. I would like to see more of his pretty wife.

I don’t mind the  Sheila visit but now Sheila just smiles her evil smile in front of peoples faces. She used to save that just for the viewers. Also, KB needs a trim. That hair is just weighing her down. Although, I do miss the old jet black long hair with the high top. Nobody wore hair better in the 90’s than Sheila & KB. She would also have a single wisp a hair on the side of her face. She was off the wall crazy back then. Good times on Y&R & early B&B. Side note. I just saw a YouTube video of her on Santa Barbara in a scene with shirtless Steve Bond. Wow! Anyway, I had no idea she had been on SB. She played a similar character (from what I could tell) but less way nutty. Oh! Did I tell you about Steve Bond’s pecs? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Byanose - just for you.  Debutante goes looking for naked with a towel midwestern hunk in mansion bedroom. Start at 11:50  

So if Steffy is yelling at Finn, does this mean she'll be kissing Liam tomorrow?

Edited by TessHarding2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

Byanose - just for you.  Debutante goes looking for naked with a towel midwestern hunk in mansion bedroom. Start at 11:50  

So if Steffy is yelling at Finn, does this mean she'll be kissing Liam tomorrow?

I thought the same thing about Liam. Hope ain’t gonna like this one bit. It is funny because I always thought the actor playing Finn was kind of wimpy and today he really looked like it with JMW reading him the riot. My god man! Show a little back bone. LOL!!!!,

Thanks for the Jimmy Lee Holt of GH video. Oddly enough, his name has been mentioned a lot due to a current storyline but Steve Bond hasn’t returned. He still looks good for his age but I don’t think he acts anymore. 

7F5E593A-B2B4-49A2-A41D-5093ABF75E62.jpeg

• Love 5