Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Since when is a badge needed to get into FC?  

Good question.  I never knew a badge was needed.  Charlie got on my nerves with his act.

I'm not on board with Carter and Quinn.  I'd rather he get back with Zoe because I do think she's sincere and loves him. 

I want Eric to kick Quinn to the curb and she and Shauna can be Thelma and Louise and drive off a fucking cliff together.   

• Love 7

Just when I think this show can’t get any more unbelievable or just stupid, it surprises me. I’m glad that these actors are still employed but it seems that the writers are determined to doom all of these soaps. They’ll all be unemployed too!

• Love 5

Not known for your empathy, Quinn? You kept Liam prisoner and sexually assaulted him for months. Maybe joking about your lack of empathy is a place you don't get to go now. Ever.

So after telling Quinn yesterday to mind her business, now Carter is spilling his guts to her about Zoe and feeling betrayed. AYFKMWTS? 🤨

Wait, what? Weren't Quinn and Ridge "involved" at one point? Sounds like Carter doesn't know about that, or, everyone agreed to pretend it didn't happen.

OMG, Hope, stop talking to Thomas about Liam! You're gonna run your mouth enough to hand Thomas a way to get Liam out of the picture for 5 to 20 years.

Unfortunate timing IMO on that scene with Charlie going all cosplay SWAT on Liam and Liam being terrifed it was Baker about to draw down on him. Right now I think B&B needs to find a different shtick for Charlie, starting with that costume. 🙁

Wow, Zoe actually knocked on the door at Eric's. I thought in Beverly Hills everyone just barged right in like they owned the joint. Loved her shorts suit. Want.

Why was Charlie grilling Liam about which roads he drives on? He's not a police detective, he's like one step up from a shopping mall security guard. Calm down, Liam.

And now Quinn is confiding in Carter about her marital problems (with his boss!) like they're old pals. WHAT IS THIS INSANITY?!?!!? 🤨

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not known for your empathy, Quinn? You kept Liam prisoner and sexually assaulted him for months. Maybe joking about your lack of empathy is a place you don't get to go now. Ever.

Between Quinn, Brooke, Liam and Flo, every day is a photo finish for the gold medal in the Insufferably Unaware Olympics on this cursed show.

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why was Charlie grilling Liam about which roads he drives on?

Why is Charlie still on the show after Pam was let go is the better question.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9
On 4/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Crashcourse said:

I was surprised to learn that Vinny had a girlfriend.

He’s mentioned her many x. When Thomas first stayed w him even they talked over ans over how it was ok since he always was at his gf place 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Let me guess ... Quinn and Carter are going to become FWB to take care of those bereft "physical connection" needs. Quinn will be able to be casual with everything, but Carter will immediately "fall in love" with her and the trouble begins.

I can truly see him being that needy and gullible to dally with the boss' wife. Quinn, eh ... just needs to scratch an itch and if she wants to, play cougar to get some on the side. If Carter gets emotionally wounded or fired, eh, so what? After all, Quinn isn't known for her empathy. 

The only silver lining to what I see as a another pending QoD disaster, would be some great catfights between Zoe and Quinn. Bring on the crazy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

He’s mentioned her many x. When Thomas first stayed w him even they talked over ans over how it was ok since he always was at his gf place 

I'm sometimes doing other stuff when this show is on, so I guess I wasn't paying attention.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, Zoe actually knocked on the door at Eric's. I thought in Beverly Hills everyone just barged right in like they owned the joint

If the show had any balls they’d do a “ripped from the headlines” story about the police and how they treat people who don’t “look” like they “belong” in certain neighborhoods. 
Show has tackled sensitive subjects before like homelessness (Stephanie) or transgender community (Maya). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Let me guess ... Quinn and Carter are going to become FWB to take care of those bereft "physical connection" needs. Quinn will be able to be casual with everything, but Carter will immediately "fall in love" with her and the trouble begins.

As odd as this sounds, one thing that will annoy me about this is the destruction of the Carter/ Ridge friendship. Screwing the boss’s wife is a line you can’t come back from; while Ridge did the same thing with Quinn, it won’t be seen that way. Ridge will remind Carter of ‘everything the Forresters have given him’ and will twist the knife. 

And over Quinn. 👎🏾

And if Quinn isn’t free of her baby making capabilities (see Rachel Cory; AW and Reva Shane; GL) we may get a who’s the daddy with Quinn sweating the complexion of her ‘miracle child’. 

Carter isn’t gonna come out a winner in any incarnation of this storyline. I don’t want to see him groveling to Ridge; I don’t want Zoe to have this to throw in his face as him screwing up on the same level as her. Carter was a decent but needy guy and iffy lawyer. He doesn’t deserve this crap.

• Love 8

And if Quinn isn’t free of her baby making capabilities (see Rachel Cory; AW and Reva Shane; GL) we may get a who’s the daddy with Quinn sweating the complexion of her ‘miracle child’. 

Oh I have 100% confidence TPTB for this show don't have the stones to go there. They'd be catching hell from all sides on Quinn worrying about having a baby who's clearly darker than her and her husband. Not that she wouldn't love the child regardless but there are other ways for her to get scared Eric will find out about her infidelity. The British royal family might enjoy it though. 😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

And if Quinn isn’t free of her baby making capabilities (see Rachel Cory; AW and Reva Shane; GL) we may get a who’s the daddy with Quinn sweating the complexion of her ‘miracle child

Oh dear GOD, I'd rather watch Hope reunite with that limp waffle of a soon to be (but not soon enough) ex-husband than to sit through the show pulling THIS story out of their tool belt a third time.

• Love 3

the show pulling THIS story out of their tool belt a third time.

Say what now? There have already been two stories on B&B where a White guy was cuckolded  by his White wife having an affair with a Black man, and a WTD and how dark will the baby be question arose? This is my stunned face.

Still, I can't see B&B being actually bold enough to do that right now. The certain segment of the audience (which is probably bigger now than we realize) are inclined to be a lot more vocal in their disapproval. Guess I'm prepared to be surprised though.😟

• LOL 3
34 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Say what now? There have already been two stories on B&B where a White guy was cuckolded  by his White wife having an affair with a Black man, and a WTD and how dark will the baby be question arose? This is my stunned face.

They did it twice with Amber, first time it was between Usher (forget his character's name) and Rick and the second between Marcus and Liam. Her first child died but was Rick's.  Second kid Marcus was the winner with Bill getting a front row seat for the 'confirmation'.

Quinn having a miracle child is not a bad story but the conflict needs to be Eric not wanting another child at his age and the Forrester kids and grandkids not wanting to split a piece of the pie with Quinn's spawn with Quinn in control of FC shares until the child comes of age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

They did it twice with Amber,

Oh, okay. But Amber was basically considered a heaux, wasn't she? Meanwhile, despite all her sins Quinn is currently the matriarch of the Forrester family by virtue of being married to its patriarch. She commands a certain amount of honor, for lack of a better word, and I just don't see them putting her in situations like Amber got into with potential baby daddies. If Eric dumps Quinn though, all bets are off. What if she and Carter would actually fall in love? (Yeah, I'm spitballing like that. 😉)

Quinn having a miracle child is not a bad story but the conflict needs to be Eric not wanting another child at his age and the Forrester kids and grandkids not wanting to split a piece of the pie with Quinn's spawn with Quinn in control of FC shares until the child comes of age.

Yep, and the kid must be a Forrester. IMO viable fathers can only include Eric, one of his sons, or his grandson Thomas. I'd leave Carter (and Zende) out of the list of candidates unless Quinn gets a paternity test early on and he fails it. This show seems to be on board with fast-tracking paternity tests instead of dragging it out for nine months, thank goodness.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh, okay. But Amber was basically considered a heaux, wasn't she?

True, but I the whole inherent drama of "oh noes, a black child!" is just....not a great idea in 2021? And on a personal note, I can say having come from a mixed family that not all biracial babies will necessarily come out dark immediately. My dad is Wesley Snipes black and my mom pair enough to make the Cullen family jealous yet I didn't really have much coloring on me until I was 6 months old.

Also, the who "white trash bang black dudes" thing in media and society at large is a discussion for which I don't have the spoons to dig into, but I remember when Marcus came into the show as Donna's retconned son, a few eyebrows went up about how this would possibly be some kind of a "scandal" in 200-frigging-8 that she had a kid as a teenager.

• Love 4

True, but I the whole inherent drama of "oh noes, a black child!" is just....not a great idea in 2021?

Which is why I doubt the show will go there. CBS is trying to seem like they're not so racist. 🙄  I think they'd pull B&B over and have a discussion about the show's approach to the matter. B&B was probably able to sell Nicole and Rick making a baby for Maya because there were already a lot of distracting "issues." Note though that most of the characters involved have been written out.

Also, the who "white trash bang black dudes" thing in media and society at large is a discussion for which I don't have the spoons to dig into, but I remember when Marcus came into the show as Donna's retconned son, a few eyebrows went up about how this would possibly be some kind of a "scandal" in 200-frigging-8 that she had a kid as a teenager.

Unfortunately in some parts of the US it is indeed still considered scandalous. For example, up until the pandemic took them out of the game such as it was, the Maury show was having at least one episode a week on just that scenario. The US is far from being past all that. Right now most of the shows I see getting away with the conception and delivery of mixed Black and White babies are science fiction.

As far as Amber is concerned, I pretty much saw her as an equal opportunity kind of person and more power to her on that score. But in soap generalities she was a classic naughty girl to be shamed. It was using innocent babies as shame fodder because their father might be Black was the problem, IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

If Quinn and Eric would be as honest with each other as they are TMI’ing everyone else then they probably wouldn’t have the problems they are having in their marriage. If Quinn is worried that Eric has a medical problem that is affecting his ability to perform she needs to talk to him about it and encourage him to see his doctor, especially in light of other medical issues he’s had in the past. Quinn spilling all this to Carter just felt icky. I know show is going to push them together, but this conversation just was an ewww for me. 

Zoey talking to her bosses about her love life and asking if Carter was seeing someone was hella awkward and unprofessional. If it takes that many people to convince someone they should be with you then that doesn’t bode well for long term success of the relationship. 

• Love 13

Oh God.  I refuse to watch Quinn and Carter hooking up.  Nope.  Not gonna watch.   

Carter:  You might be a dweeb but you can do so much better than that witch.   If you don't want to get back with Zoe I'm sure you could find a nice woman in LA.

• Love 5

You know what’s worse than waffle Liam? It’s weak & whimsy Liam. Can we just throw him in the slammer already?!! Also, LSV is made out of granite. So what’s the eta of Quinn & Carter getting it on? Eric will walk in & have a heart attack. Has Eric had one yet in his 34 years? I can’t recall.

• Love 4

Quinn and Carter was just weird, talking about her sex life with Eric. 

Zoe I can't believe anything she says. She uses the same tone for everything she sounds so monotone.

• Love 8

Does Thomas have some residual amnesia from his bump on the head? Why does he keep talking about Vinny's death like he himself didn't run Emma off the road and leave her there to die? Shut up, Tom.

Not sure why Zoe has to plead her case for Carter to Eric and Ridge. Something about that doesn't feel right to me. They're not the monitors of Carter's life. He's a grown-a$$ man.

I can't even half listen to this conversation between Quinn and Carter now that I know fans have already have a ship name for them. Quinn & Carter seems to be happening and I am here for it. 😻

Ridge says he doesn't think there's a woman in Carter's life. So, Ridge, do you know where your stepmommy is right now? She might be about to get some Carter in her life. Like a bunny on crack.😉

Liam might as well get in Hope's car and let her take him to jail because he's thisclose to confessing to her. Or Miss Smartypants Hope will figure it out on her own due to his weird behavior.

Carter came down those steps 90% naked and then Quinn suddenly felt real thirsty, lol. Eric who?

• Love 9

Zoey just go away please far far away. Zoey you dumb shit, it’s been a week and you think he found someone new?  

Quinn, Eric is an old fool. He can’t make love to you because he’s well past his sell by date.  

Lurch please STFU about Vinny. You are getting very redundant you hypocritical piece of shit.  Emma who?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

It's so typical of Liam that he decides not to call the police and participate in hiding the accident, but then is so weak willed and unable to hold it together that he's going to broadcast his guilt anyway.  

Feel like raging that Thomas keeps going off about people leaving the scene of accidents they caused and not telling anyone about it.  Justice...the guy not only got away, but was rewarded for doing exactly this.  

• Love 8

Inappropriateness 101

1. Talking to your bosses; the President and CEO, about your fractured romance with their COO.

2. Talking to your husband's COO about your love/sex life. 

Quinn saw Carter nearly naked and her eyes popped out of her head. 

I think we have seen the end to the Quinn/Eric era.

Will Eric reconnect with Donna? I will take it, but I really wanted to see Donna and Carter hook up. I think this Quinn/Carter thing is somehow related to redeeming Zoey, because, well, it is Quinn Zoey will be battling. 

I noticed that Quinn was much "softer" with Carter than she normally is. Her voice, her smiles, her tone, her words; she almost seemed the like the sweet, gracious lady of the house. 

Liam is now toast. 

Really Hope? Liam has stopped sending you stuff and showing you how much he loves you?

Thomas...read EMMA. Let me say that again.....EMMA. Because EMMA explains how someone could "do something like that" and just drive off and not call 911. 

• Love 14

Really Hope? Liam has stopped sending you stuff and showing you how much he loves you?

Right? I couldn't believe it when she was saying that. She is so incredibly self-centered, I think even worse than Steffy, Liam, or Thomas. I guess she gets it from Brooke, haha. Meanwhile, Liam is having a breakdown right in front of her and all she can do is berate him for not lavishing enough gifts and attention on her. Ugh.

I have to say though that I understand why Hope would feel that she has to guard her heart because pretty much everyone close to her has betrayed her at one time or another. But boy does she make it hard to have sympathy for her sometimes.😕

• Love 3

I'm going to be honest, seeing Carter in his boxer briefs was not the worst part of my day. If Quinn is in the scene, eh, I'll take it. I know that Carter is a dud, but LSV is super hot, 2nd to DD/$Bill, in my book, for this show. I ain't mad at Bell today/yesterday. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Quinn's behavior was creepy with Carter.  He deserves more respect.    The scene was everything women have been battling for years except in reverse.  Sexual harassment at it's worst.

Liam is experiencing a nervous breakdown.  Even if he confesses he will continue to behave this way.  They have played this too far.  If he was truly sane he would have told his dad to STFU and would have called 911 immediately.    He freaks out about everything though.   He needs a good swig of some "grow a set"  and do the right thing.   What a loser.  He will never amount to anything.   The character is pathetic.

This show is getting so lame I don't know how much longer I will be able to watch. 

• Love 12

Like Lurch, Eric has selective amnesia. Lurch with Emma and Eric with Stephanie and Brooke. I wasn’t watching than but I’ve read about Eric’s history of the days of yore.  Stephanie and Brooke were no day at the beach and Eric is far away from being a alter boy.  Can someone say hypocrite?  

Quinn doesn’t make any bones about eye fucking Carter.  The one thing you can say about Quinn is that she’s not a hypocrite. A bitch, a manipulator, a criminal , and a fuck up that’s Quinn. 

Saved by the Bill.  Liam was going to tell Hope and there will be a new round of pathetic begging for forgiveness day after day after day.  

Hope is getting on my nerves with her constant confiding in Lurch like he’s her BBF. Hope constantly feeds Lurch intimate details about Liam so he can use it as ammunition to get into her granny panties. 

I though Liam reach his potential as being pathetic but today proved Liam has a lot more in him. Sure Liam, your family is slipping away but your confession will seal the deal. There maybe a hole in your soul but the hole in your head is much larger. Liam you can keep your cool if you just remember that you will be opening the door and most likely Hope’s legs for Lurch to enter. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Thomas...read EMMA. Let me say that again.....EMMA. Because EMMA explains how someone could "do something like that" and just drive off and not call 911. 

The writers will have someone bring up Emma when Thomas is seconds away from killing/beating Liam to death or turning him in to the cops. Until then he’ll be allowed to freely rant and be a hypocrite. 

Hope continues to allow Thomas way too much space in her life and marriage. No, Thomas shouldn’t be coming by to visit the ‘kids’ with Hope encouraging the behavior using Thomas as a substitute for Liam with Beth. Beth is Liam’s daughter and Thomas is quite obviously trying to assume/build a rapport with this child that to me, is inappropriate. Additionally, I could’ve slapped Hope in the back of the head for encouraging this line of thinking of Thomas’s and giving him the satisfaction of voicing that since Liam is ‘failing in his daddy duties’ (paraphrasing) that it’s good Thomas can pick up the slack. Girl, you said yourself that Liam seems off; even if you want to let Bill handle Liam, don’t open the door wider to Thomas to fully take over Liam’s life. Since Liam is spiraling,  I need Wyatt to stick his nose in this and gently point out to Hope that while Liam messed up, Thomas is no saint and she sure as hell would blow a gasket if Liam pulled this with Beth and Steffy. Thomas should not be encouraged in developing a relationship with Beth and Hope needs to start drawing the line with Thomas about Beth and the details of her damn marriage. Also wouldn’t mind Wyatt stepping up to Thomas and remind him that he’s not fooled by Thomas and will protect his brother’s family while Liam sorts himself out. Or something to that effect. Wyatt vs Thomas for a few weeks I could get behind and if Thomas wants to scoff, Wyatt can remind him that he was raised by Quinn Fuller - he ain’t a softie like his brother.

Quinn ogling Carter; yeah they did this crap when LStV was on GL and having sex with benefits with Dinah who was the lady of the manor. The optics weren’t great then and they’re not so great now. Had she checked him out at the Forrester gym or at a pool party at the estate then it wouldn’t have been so bad but the set up here was gross and poorly done.

Liam’s crisis makes sense to me. He’s not built like Thomas, Bill or Wyatt or Quinn and his conscience is eating at him. If it was just Liam facing jail, I think he would’ve confessed already but since Bill is in the frying pan with him he’s loathe to take him down with him (since he was misguidedly protecting him) and take away Will’s father. Yeah, the conversations are repetitive but Liam’s anguish makes sense character wise. Ironically in ‘protecting’ him, Bill is breaking his son worse than Quinn ever did. I wonder if B&B will pull an ATWT where they had Emily go from being a reluctant participant in keeping Paul’s secrets to going all in and farther than Paul did with Liam snapping and going too far to protect Bill when they’re about to be exposed by trying to kill Thomas. Could be a hell of an exit story for SC and it’d complete Thomas’s ‘redemption’ to have the onetime hero become a broken villain. 

• Love 7

Hang tough, Liam. The worst thing you could do is confess to Hope. 

And then Bill shows up just in time to stop Hope from nagging the secret out of weakened Liam. Yeah, keep it up, Hope. As the saying goes, you're going to fcuk around and find out. It won't be pretty.

Meh, I dunno about Eric discussing his and Quinn's intimacy issues with Ridge since Ridge all but went there himself. These people and their lack of appropriate boundaries is what causes half their problems, in my view. Ick.

Quinn, you better be careful. Eric might not appreciate you calling out the COO's name at the height of passion, lol.😻

SC going hard for that Daytime Emmy with an emotional tour de force! Bravo.

I hated seeing Carter standing there in his skivvies, with the horny white cougar bitch ogling the big black "hung" buck.  

I'm done with this show.

I don't agree with the sentiment but I do understand it.

There is some historical context (mainly from the blaxploitation film era) but I doubt TPTB's intentions were that well-thought out. IMO, this is largely the way LSV has always been used on the show, because he's a relatively weak actor and he's willing to be put on display. But now CBS wants to hope that any way they can find to spotlight him earns them BLM points.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

There maybe a hole in your soul but the hole in your head is much larger

Ain't that right 🤣

18 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meh, I dunno about Eric discussing his and Quinn's intimacy issues with Ridge since Ridge all but went there himself. These people and their lack of appropriate boundaries is what causes half their problems, in my view. Ick.

OMG, right?! Who has conversations like this with their kids at any age?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And then Bill shows up just in time to stop Hope from nagging the secret out of weakened Liam. Yeah, keep it up, Hope. As the saying goes, you're going to fcuk around and find out. It won't be pretty.

If there is any worse person to confess to than Katie goddamn Logan, Hope is a very close second.  She and Lame are two dopey peas in a pod, I'll tell you whut.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I certainly had no qualms about seeing Carter in his undies, because I honestly don't know what else the actor brings to the table. Considering it's been a year of socially distanced love scenes, some eye candy is definitely a welcome substitute - I don't know why it took them so long. And frankly, for a show whose audience is predominantly women (and some gay men), it's bewilderingly slanted towards showcasing the actresses in their skivvies. I mean, in the past year alone I can remember Flo, Sally, Zoe and Brooke all in seductress mode parading around in lingerie - where was the male equivalent with Thomas or Wyatt? Heck, this show took about 25 years to introduce a male fashion counterpart to Brooke's Bedroom, and then had the guys do the catwalk in pajama bottoms!

Yeah, the mind boggles at the inappropriateness of Eric discussing his and Quinn's bedroom issues with his son - who, on top of that, also had an affair with Quinn. These characters really need friends, which is why killing off Thomas's best friend Vinny - even if their friendship was a retcon - is just another bone-headed move on their part. I guess Quinn has Shauna, and Ridge is apparently now besties with Carter, but that's it. Hope, Thomas, Liam, Eric, Brooke and Katie would really benefit from having friends who are not relatives, exes or love rivals. Who else remembers Brooke's friend, Megan the receptionist? They should have recurring characters like that, and if they get a positive audience reaction, they can build out a family for them. Why couldn't Vinny have had a single mother (potential love interest for Ridge or Bill) and a few siblings (potential love interest for the younger generation). They wouldn't need to bring them on all at once; have the siblings studying/working in another state and bring them on later. And there's Vinny's grieving girlfriend. These characters should be here now. Bill could be comforting Vinny's mother and have the whole messy drama explode once the truth comes out that he's been hiding his own son's role in her son's death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I hated seeing Carter standing there in his skivvies, with the horny white cougar bitch ogling the big black "hung" buck.  

I'm done with this show.

I don't agree with the sentiment but I do understand it.

I got Mandingo vibes from that scene, so that's why I didn't like it and I won't watch them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

If Quinn felt that her talking to Eric about bedroom performance issues would embarrass him, then why did she think it was OK to discuss them with Carter? After all, Eric is Carter's boss. To me, that's 1000x more embarrassing.

I call BS on Eric not being able to have sex with Quinn. I always had the impression that the horny old goat would screw anything that walked. Why would he suddenly start having problems when it's readily available right there next to him in bed? And legal, too.

The whole Carter and Quinn set-up was dumb and insulting to both performers and the audience. Didn't FC used to have a rooftop gym where Carter and WH-Thorne and whatever version of Thomas all worked out during the day? Quinn surely has seen Carter's body before now. 

Geez ... Quinn was being pretty shallow. I would think that Zoe would want Carter back for more than just his body. I can think of several reasons Zoe would have, including "Forrester adjacent," COO ...

I wish that Stephanie had flickered the lights or something when Eric told Quinn that their years together were the "best of his life." Better yet, send that faux demure portrait of Quinn crashing down into the burning fireplace. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I'm probably a hypocrite bc a lot of times I hate the "tell it likes it is/own their shit" characters that get away with being horrible, but DD just sells that part of Bill.  When he called Vinny a rat and got even more angry at him for hurting Liam, that's a reaction I've seen parents actually have in RL.  

Unreal the leeway that Hope (and others, but she's the most egregious) keeps giving Thomas in regards to her personal life.  And that this asshole is really going to be the aggrieved, avenging party.  FOH.  

• Love 8

So, I was watching Pillow Talk last night, one of my favorite Doris Day movies, and get to the bar scene where Jan asks Rex/Brad if he finds her attractive, and is wondering why he hasn't put any moves on her. Out of nowhere this whole Quinn/Carter thing clouds my mind, and I was overcome with not so good feelings. It is just not working for me; I don't think it has anything to do with RS or LSV, but has everything to do with how Show is presenting it. For me, it feels gratuitous, and like they are objectifying Carter. And Quinn ogling Carter like she had never seen a fine looking man before was so over the top. Compound that with those inane comments Quinn was making about how she now understands why Zoey wants Carter back. So then, unless the target is a hot bod, the relationship isn't worth fighting for? Just so much UGH to that. The saddest part though, is Carter/Quinn could have been very scintillating; they are both beautiful people, and the SL is so unexpected and could have great potential for drama with both Eric and Ridge, and could send Zoey around the bend. We could have watched Carter, who has always been portrayed as a clueless relationship sap, deal with Quinn, who is neither clueless or a sap. And who knows, maybe Carter would actually be the guy to "fix" Quinn. But alas, they have chosen instead to go this route, which feels very forced and fake. Show is nothing if not a consummate pro at missed opportunities. 

Hope man....you and your mother; I love both of you, but the two of you still have the ability to wriggle under my skin just like a damn chigger, and just irritate the fuck out of me. I find myself trying to decide if you are truly worried about Liam, or if it is more about how Liam isn't banging down your door, seeking your forgiveness, and being the attentive, brow beaten, philandering husband. You sure were real quick to decide that Thomas could be Liam's stand in for daddy time. I am not wholly opposed to that; Thomas is Douglas's father, but it seemed more about Liam won't come so you can. And for the love of God Hope, stop telling Thomas every frigging thing you and Liam talk about and are dealing with! I keep trying to remember that I know Liam's real situation, and Hope doesn't, but that is not helping me be less annoyed with her. 

Bill and Liam need to come to a meeting of the minds before Liam entirely loses his. Bill should have known Liam would not be able to do this thing. If I were in Liam's position, I couldn't do it either. I don't care if Vinny was dead, what Bill did was just plain wrong on every level, and he created a crime where non existed, and has now backed Liam into a corner with no escape routes. If Liam goes to the police now, he may not be accused of vehicular manslaughter, but he will be charged with a whole host of other crimes. Additionally, he will be incriminating his father, which will effect his young brother. And everyone will be piling on about how horrible those Spencer men are. No, what needs to happen is Bill needs to pony up and take the heat for this. He created this mess, and has put his son in a no win situation. It was Bill's car, he had been drinking at Brooke's, Vinny just came out of no where, and his reactions were dulled by the liquor, and he hit him. Yes, I stopped, but Vinny was dead, and I panicked about drinking and driving and being charged with murder, so I did what I did. They don't call me $Bill Spencer for nothing you know. Liam's distress could then be explained away as guilt over leaving Vinny and concern for his father. A bonus for us viewers would be and end to listening to the same conversation everyday. Liam would still be eaten up with quilt though, and would probably eventually confess the whole sordid mess to Hope, who would then run to Thomas, and well.................

Eric and Ridge discussing Eric's love life was as off putting as Zoey discussing hers with them and Quinn unloading to Carter. And Eric saying shit about how Quinn has made him happier than anyone else? Wow, now that is a powerful statement. He and the Queen had their issues over the years, but they also had five children, started a successful business, and shared many happy times together. Eric was also over the moon happy with Brooke, and Sheila, at least until he found out her dirty, dark secrets. He was also very happy with Donna. I was really offended by that statement. So, let me guess, Eric and Quinn are going to give it the ole college try and the old boy won't be able to "git her up", and visons of beautiful COO's will start clouding Quinn's horny little mind. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Show is nothing if not a consummate pro at missed opportunities. 

No kidding. I'm still angry about the way they went about making Quinn/Liam happen. Rena Softer remains the only woman that SC had any real spark with but there is no coming back from Captive Cabin.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I call BS on Eric not being able to have sex with Quinn. I always had the impression that the horny old goat would screw anything that walked.

Same, but OMG, I about laughed myself silly reading that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I've actually been deleting the episodes without watching and reading recaps elsewhere, including commentary here.

I just can't find anything worth watching and while the idea of Carter/Quinn originally intrigued me, the actual execution and resulting optics are terrible and I cannot with that. 

I can't take any of more of watching sniveling crybaby bitch weasel faced antics SC is milking to earn yet another meaningless Emmy.

Hope is quickly earning the haters nickname (Dope) and even any potential for her to be with reformed baddie Thomas is falling flat at this point. 

When I'm wondering what Steffy is up to, of all people, you know it's bad. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

No kidding. I'm still angry about the way they went about making Quinn/Liam happen. Rena Softer remains the only woman that SC had any real spark with but there is no coming back from Captive Cabin.

Piggy-backing on this statement, TK also had the best chemistry with RS, by far, of all of his partners. Personally, I thought TK's Ridge seemed to be the most in love with LG's Caroline II, but as far as chemistry, TK & RS brought that. She's stuck with a hard character to pair up, but she's a chemistry magnet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

When I'm wondering what Steffy is up to, of all people, you know it's bad. 

Seriously! I think JMW is out for maternity leave now and I'm sure her time on set was especially restricted in light of COVID-19 before that but I'd take a rushed, unearned wedding episode, complete with whatever disaster of a wedding ensemble Steffy will inevitably pick, to distract from the other hot messes that pass for storylines right now.

• Love 3

I read that LSV wrote the episode last Thursday where Carter and Quinn started talking and opening up. I actually took a bit more interest in Carter during that exchange because he seemed more three-dimensional. Now I know why.

BTW, the photo of LSV that accompanied the article was great. His hair was grown out much longer and he looked 100X better than he does on the show. That is not to say that I find him unattractive. Just not crazy about Carter's overall look. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Stephanie has to be chortling that Eric pulled the 'I gotta get up early for work' excuse to avoid sex with Quinn.

Thomas can miss me with the 'Beth is my little buddy; she can count on me' BS with Hope beaming on.

THIS MAN LET YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR DAUGHTER - HIS LITTLE BUDDY- WAS DEAD SO HE COULD HAVE YOU TO HIMSELF AND FOR HIS SON!  WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU HOPE!?!

Bill is right - Liam needs to take a break from L.A.  Send his ass to Port Charles, New York or Llanview, PA for a bit. ;)

• Love 10

Agree the Carter/Quinn final scenes were problematic but LSV, honestly, doesn't bring much to the table other than his looks and physique.  At least, he hasn't yet.  If he'd been ogled and objectified like that by Zoe, it would have played differently.  The fact that it was Quinn draws less favorable comparisons as provided above.

Nevertheless, this pairing could be interesting.  The problem is the social distancing (that, apparently, GH, Days and Y&R aren't doing) just kills any sort of sexual or emotional heat.  Finn and Steffy's relationship suffered from this.  Paris and Zende's is DOA because of this.  Add to that the fact that LSV's wife is Black and RS's husband is white, and no stand-ins are possible.  I guess it's back to the mannequins.

• Love 6

And, just to be clear, I don't take issue with interracial pairings--not at all.  (I'm hoping Justin and Donna get back together.)  No, it's just that that scene was uneasy to see showing Quinn ogling Carter like he was a hunk of meat on the slave auction block.   I don't even think they were aware of how it looked, but I just thought it was unfortunate.    

• Love 6

Oh FFS. Why is Carter half naked in the FC CEO's office? Put a shirt on, ya freak show. And a jacket and coat too. (I feel like I should be offended to see an actor being so clearly objectified. Not quite there yet though.)

I'm thinking when a person is at the point where they're begging their spouse for sex, the marriage might be heading for the nearest exit door. Or there's an undiagnosed medical issue.

I'm over Zoe begging Carter too. HE QUIT YOU, ZOE! WEEKS AGO! HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT! ☹

Yeah, no, Ridge might be one of the last people who should be giving marriage advice to anybody. But Princess Hope just loves the attention, doesn't she?👸

That's right, Bill. Fire up the Spencer jet, fly out over the ocean, and drop Liam off. Let him swim back from Catalina. At least his mind will be on something other than the accident for a while, lol.

What hope do you have for the future, Liam? I dunno, I could see you in a sassy silk romper and some matching kitten heels. Fresh from HFTF'S new spring line. 😼

• LOL 2
  • Love 5