Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I thought Eric and Quinn looked cute. Shauna appeared to be channeling Dyan Cannon during the disco years. Kinda obscure reference. And I guess Hope was either Annie Oakley or Dale Evans? Meanwhile, Ridge didn't try too hard to come up with a costume. Lazy POS.

Poor Douglas, having to hang out with all those grown ups instead of kids his own age.

Donna looked amazing! I think she wins the best costume prize, at least the adult category.

Thomas' physique seemed kinda doughy to me. Ugh. After leaving Emma dying in a ravine, IMO he's the last person who should be wearing a hero's costume. Bleh.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, seasons said:

How old is Douglas supposed to be? 5? He is adorable but the puppy costume was kind of babyish. Maybe an astronaut or policeman or even junior fireman? That child is just a natural though for sure. 

Lol thomas in his firemAn costume fit more for a stripper gram as mentioned above! You are so right!!!

I thought he was Fire Dog (Dalmatian) to compliment Thomas Fireman. I was a dog for Halloween tonight myself. 

I agree @Joimiaroxeu having Thom dressed as a first responder was tone death but he is that delusional. Hope costume was kinda corny. What was Shauna supposed to be...  Xanadu or Studio 54 girl? 

When Ridge said “I’m better at dressing others than myself.” That was his only moment of insight this whole damn year. 

Liam seemed low key pissed off Hope ditched Beth and him. Of course Botox skated in thanks to Thomas heads up call on that. 

They showed a montage of treat towers and cookies and punch in the beginning of episode. They were probably in the kitchen. Thank God we were spared the Wonder Twins of stupid in some weirdo costumes and their lemon bars. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Liam seemed low key pissed off Hope ditched Beth and him.

I'd be high-key pissed off that Dope ditched me if I were Waffle Boy! Holy hell - not only is it your kid's first Hallowe'en, but it's your STOLEN KID'S first Hallowe'en! Waffle Boy doesn't know anything about Dope's myopic "plan" to steal Thomas, so why in the hell he didn't read her the riot act about totally forgetting she was PhoeBeth's mother is completely beyond me. Dope's idiot plan just leaves Waffle Boy completely open to being stolen right out from under her nose.

And after today's episode, she'll soon be pregnant and OOPS!!! Is it a miniWaffle or a miniPsycho?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

And after today's episode, she'll soon be pregnant and OOPS!!! Is it a miniWaffle or a miniPsycho?

Given the way certain spoilers are reading, a WTD would be an improvement over what I'm assuming is in store.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

What kind of Halloween party was that? Very selective invitees for sure. Why wasn't Brooke invited? Eric would never leave Brooke out. Who knows, they are probably fixing to rewrite Brooke and Eric's history too. Everyone else's has been/is being rewritten, so why not the longest running friendship, that is comprised of core characters portrayed by the original actors. 

Sorry, I am a bit grumpy today. Yesterday would have been my dad's 88th birthday, and I tune into Show and see......…..that.

So Shauna came as herself; just doodied up?

All Ridge did was put on looser fitting clothes. He just needed a couple of those baby changing pads to finish things out. Prolly lifted one from little Beth. Man can't get his own place to live; I seriously doubt he would worry with buying changing pads. 

Hope's outfit was pretty lame, but damn, Annika looks amazing in curls. Very 1920's glamour. 

Brooke doesn't need a costume to look amazing; which she did today. 

Donna absolutely nailed Sandy. All we needed was hot Dr. Armstrong as Danny to round things out. 

Here is a neutron bomb Hope; just hand it over to your detractors, because as @Gam2 said:

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Hope, honey? Sometimes you’re just too stupid to live.

The plan is? Is there really a plan here? Seems more like I will come and go based on Thomas's actions. I get that Hope cares for Douglas, but Beth came out of you Hope, and she needs her mommy. What you are doing with Douglas is the exact same thing Steffy did with Beth. Also, you didn't like it too much when Liam took Beth to see Steffy, so how do you think Liam is going to feel when he gets a load of this shit? Get yer fucking arse home girl! I am getting really pissed with Hope.

I think I now understand what a "Vegas Retailer" does. I mean, there is coming on, and there is coming on.  For heaven's sake woman, get a hold of yourself! Encouraging Ridge to go naked and stuff. I thought he looked damn cute, so much better than seeing him stuffed in too tight pants and shirts, with the buttons bulging out, and the pants oddly tight in weird places. 

Please bring back Stephanie's wonderful parties. I could not stand her, but girlfriend knew how to throw a proper party. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11

I guess Stuffy’s channeling her inner Princess Leia. All she needs is the metal bikini to make Liam salivate.  

Lurch is calling Raggedy’s bluff.  Is Raggedy going to sleep with Lurch to gain Douglas?  Inquiring minds want to know. My guess is yes because Liam will find out and give him another reason to go back to Stuffy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have just been watching on and off. I had to take a break when they started the whole "Hope's baby is dead" storyline. Ack. Anyway, WTH is Hope doing with this crazy plan to gain custody of Douglas??? I do not like the custody in exchange for sex storyline at all! How is this going to end up? Is Thomas going to rape her? Is she going to have sex with him??! And then go home to clueless Liam? Nothing good is going to come out of any of this. And who is going to die????

I have to say I am enjoying Shauna. She brings a little levity to the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Is Ridge finally starting to buy a clue that Tommy Choo-Choo isn't wrapped too tight? And poor Douglas is riding in Tom's crazypants slipstream by obsessing on Hope as his mommy.

If a child can have more than two legal parents in CA what's to stop Steffy from suing for shared custody of Beth? Hope never thinks these grandiose ideas of hers through.

Sigh, this might be how Brad gets Hope to sleep with Thomas without involving drugs or excessive alcohol and thereby pissing off a portion of the audience. Then later Thomas can claim he was the victim of Hope's feminine wiles. 😑

Hope, girl, you better get it writing. You wouldn't be the first woman to get pumped and dumped with nothing to show for your trouble. And Thomas will definitely not keep your finally giving him a taste to himself. He'll probably text a post-coital photo of you sleeping in his bed to Liam, Brooke, Steffy, Douglas, the population of the Greater Los Angeles area...🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sigh, this might be how Brad gets Hope to sleep with Thomas without involving drugs or excessive alcohol and thereby pissing off a portion of the audience.

That's still...pretty bad? And a helluva departure for a character that all but turned her virginity into a trademark.

• Love 8

I found it appalling that Tommy Coo-Coo would trade his son for a cheap roll in the hay with Hope.  I was expecting Hope's mouth to drop open and for her to deliver a resounding slap across his face for even entertaining such a proposition. Playing coy and making flirty eyes just led that dingbat right into his lair. And WTF was Hope in Tommy's bedroom in the first place?

This whole thing just sucks and what an cheap tawdry way to get Steam back together.  And speaking of, what were those two rolls on the top of Hauxdi's head? And what was that reciting a list of people who have been there for Douglas, with herself at the top of the list? WRONG. 

I don't think that Douglas belongs with Thomas but the way that Hope is going about this is all totally messed up.  Totally stupid and poorly executed. 

I am kind of liking Sludge and Shauna together. They have better chemistry than Sludge and Brooke. I'm sure TK loves working with DR because she's younger than some of the other ladies in the cast. What a perv.

• Love 8

I found it appalling that Tommy Coo-Coo would trade his son for a cheap roll in the hay with Hope. 

Yeah, it shows how much he thinks of his son if Douglas = somebody's cooch. But I think he's working Hope and has no intention of giving her any parts of custody. Be funny if she hasn't been conscientious about her contraceptive use and ends up pregnant.

And a helluva departure for a character that all but turned her virginity into a trademark.

I think that Hope left the station when she got with Wyatt. I think that was when she first started wondering what she'd been saving it for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

If a child can have more than two legal parents in CA what's to stop Steffy from suing for shared custody of Beth? Hope never thinks these grandiose ideas of hers through.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298dbb11f0e93ccbcfad

That would be a brilliant twist after her scheme. This writing team isn’t as smart or “giving a shit” as you though, my friend. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, it shows how much he thinks of his son if Douglas = somebody's cooch. But I think he's working Hope and has no intention of giving her any parts of custody. Be funny if she hasn't been conscientious about her contraceptive use and ends up pregnant.

I think that Hope left the station when she got with Wyatt. I think that was when she first started wondering what she'd been saving it for.

If memory serves, Liam broke the “ice” first than Wyatt. As with Stuffy, Wyatt is always second to fiddle after Liam. Flo was Wyatt’s only first. Lurch was there before Wyatt with Sally and Liam was there with Ivy before Wyatt.  

If Raggedy sleeps with Lurch, it will be only her third. Raggedy is lagging far behind the other Logan woman. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

My point was that IMO Hope didn't really enjoy the secsay times until she got with Wyatt. After losing her widely marketed virginity to Liam she had to go into therapy over the guilt and fear she'd turn into a heaux like Brooke. With Wyatt she stopped giving a crap about all that.

It remains my theory that while Liam may be able to hit a homerun, Wyatt hits one with the bases loaded. Liam might have some basic skills but Wyatt is working with superior equipment, if my drift is caught. 😏 (But unfortunately for Wyatt, not every woman is a size queen.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

It sounds like this is an attempt to even the playing field between Hope and Hauxdi.  No matter what went down between the two couples, Hope always had the higher moral ground because Hauxdi has always been the one who cheated on Liam by fucking his father. 

Is this the way to get Hope to cheat on Liam and then add insult to injury by explaining that she fucked Thomas-Choo-Choo for the SAKE OF THEIR FAMILY?   That not only makes Hope a cheater, it makes her in the words of another poster 'too stupid to live'. 

Why do other female characters have to be torn down to make Hauxdilox look better in comparison?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But I think he's working Hope

Oh, everyone is just working everyone on Show.

Hope is working Thomas, who is working Shauna, Steffy and Ridge, as well as Hope. Brooke is working Ridge. Shauna is working Ridge. Quinn is working Shauna and Wyatt. Steffy is working Liam. The only one not working someone is the biggest loser; Douglas. 

Dear Lord, that poor child's father is willing to sell his son's future for some putang. And if Hope does it? I don't even think the idea of saving Douglas can save her then. Another stinking rotten SL for Hope. It wasn't enough to destroy her for months, now they come with this gross, disgusting nonsense. I mean seriously, you couldn't give a girl a break from the madness for a few months? Katie just had her kidney replaced; what the fuck is going on there? Her hated niece donated that kidney; what the fuck is going on there? Wyatt just asked Sally to marry him; what the fuck is going on there? Vinnie and Zoe are now living together; what the fuck is going on there?

But NOOOOooooooo……..just more Logan bashing! UGH. I can't think of when Hope and Brooke have looked more ridiculous. And Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, if Brooke didn't make some comment about getting through this and getting her husband back? Why? Help me understand? He is a nasty piece of work, and a jerk, who has put his wife and his marriage dead last. He is a greasy cheesesteak that is currently being devoured by Brooke's new arch rival Shauna. And Shauna has the upper hand right now because it is easy, and because Ridge is a complete fucking tool, who needs his bruised ego stroked. And if that means other things get stroked, well then, all the better. Shauna is so clueless about what is happening, and what will happen. It is easy to be the new shiny thing, and laugh and giggle, and not have a care in the world. Being the wife is the hard work, particularly when married to Ridge. She will soon learn about Bell LA. 

50 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Why do other female characters have to be torn down to make Hauxdilox look better in comparison?

Hope will always be superior to Steffy. Hope may be vapid, and stupid, and vain, and a martyr, but she is not malicious, or mean spirited, and doesn't use her messed up childhood to validate herself and her choices. She is also not a murderess, and would never fuck her father-in-law while still married to his son. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

There was a point in time about as recently as ten years ago where I would have said Brooke was the most overly propped character on the show...and I think most of us agree the Bridge should've been blown to bits well before Ronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Moss left.

But good lord, I cannot in any good conscience bitch about that ever again after the 2010s and Bell's attempts to make Steffy the new heroine. Keyword being "attempts" because all he's capable of is making the women around her act grossly out of character or in Hope's case, so absolutely dumb as a doorknob. 

I wouldn't even care so much that Bell wants to back Steffy as the new leading female if she were occasionally allowed for someone to stand up to her. For all that old Hope was histronic and fairly thoughtless, she called out Steffy's rank bullshit for what it was.

Hell, I would wager part of the reason Brooke has held onto to her popularity for as long as she has in spite of some truly rank behavior of her own was because she had Stephanie--rightly or wrongly--as a counterbalance. Can you imagine if in the Breacon story Brooke had Donna and Katie around to enable that Poor is Me nonsense she was spewing about getting knocked up? It was grating enough as it was when zero people were on her corner. 

But Steffy? The one and only time any punishment has stuck was when Liam left her begging outside of the Cliff House walkway and it shows that they've had to make Hope as N. Sane as Nick was made to be to get Liam into Steffy's orbit again after banging Bill. They haven't even tried to repair Liam and Bill's relationship to what it used to be after that because how do you come back from that?

• Love 13

Quinn is working Shauna

This one I don't see. Please to be explaining? Best I can tell Quinn is completely straight with Shauna since they're besties and all, and Shauna has nothing Quinn wants that she wouldn't freely give her.

It sounds like this is an attempt to even the playing field between Hope and Hauxdi.

Yeah, I've seen this theory out on other soap forums and I don't quite get it. The only way they could be remotely close to even is if Liam dumps Hope the same way he dumped Steffy. But that never lasts, and Liam getting betrayed with Tom will never be the same as getting betrayed with his father. Bradley might try to make it seem the same though. Meh.

As far as Steffy goes, I think someone wants her to be regarded as the Erica Kane of B&B without her having to put in the work. Instead of writing Steffy up they write most of the other women down, especially the ones in her general age range.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Liam getting betrayed with Tom will never be the same as getting betrayed with his father

True, bit can he move past Hope sleeping with the guy who actively lied about their child being dead, even for "noble" reasons? Cuz as others have pointed out, girlfriend's been hyperfocused on Douglas almost to the point of skipping out on her own kid that she was depressed behind for months. I get there'd be no connection if this were to happen (not like the emotional affair Still had had for months before their boink) but Liam ain't that chill.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

As far as Steffy goes, I think someone wants her to be regarded as the Erica Kane of B&B without her having to put in the work. Instead of writing Steffy up they write most of the other women down, especially the ones in her general age range.

They've been writing down all the women since at least 2003.

• Love 6

True, bit can he move past Hope sleeping with the guy who actively lied about their child being dead, even for "noble" reasons?

I think without a doubt Liam wouldn't like it. We saw how he acted when he feared Hope and Thomas had consummated their short marriage, and that was before he knew about the Beth mess. But his wife cheating on him and possibly conceiving a child with his father hit him viscerally. That kind of betrayal is next-level, almost biblical.

In the short run I think Liam would be highly pissed but at the end of the day Thomas is nothing to him but another person who did a bad thing to him. Bill will always be way more than that to Liam. (And besides, technically Hope is a free agent right now. Do she and Liam even have an official commitment to each other?)

They've been writing down all the women since at least 2003.

I didn't start watching B&B daily until around 2012. Relative to Steffy, I think I saw a distinct change in the way Steffy was written compared to the other women in her cohort after Kim Matula left.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don't even know why Bell feels the need to "level the playing field" Hope gets dragged by the majority of the fan base just for being Brooke's daughter already. Or is he trying to give them reasonable ammunition finally after Logan haters have had to do all kinds of mental gymnastics and revise history for years, to make her seem worse than Stuffy or just like her mother(to clear she's neither of those things her worst crime is being a idiot which I called back in her Whyatt days). Cos yeah sleeping with Tomass over a child that's not yours and will probably grow up to hate you cos you're a Logan and he's a Forrester Monroe is pretty foul, not screw your dad in law foul, but still pretty foul. It's up there in terms of shittyness. There will be no excuses for her. Douglas can't be this important to her. My advice, let him grow up with Tomass that way when he's grown he put Ridge, Stuffy, and Cray Tay in their places for being such narcissistic hypocrites and hate them for letting him grow up with such an abusive psycho all so they could stick it to the Logans. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This one I don't see. Please to be explaining? Best I can tell Quinn is completely straight with Shauna since they're besties and all, and Shauna has nothing Quinn wants that she wouldn't freely give her.

I guess "working" wasn't the best choice there. Maybe working with? Encouraging? Colluding? Quinn wants Shauna to pursue Ridge. She wants her to bust up Bridge. Is that because she wants to fuck Ridge vicariously? Or is it because she feels Brooke has never accepted her? 

What I have noticed is a lot of anti-Logan talk coming from Quinn, and a lot of old age, and health talk/comments coming from Eric. I've read the rumors; is John McCook leaving? I think they are setting up for a major shift, or rift, in Bell LA. There has been too much talk about the old Forrester/Logan/Marone feud. Ridge has moved out and moved on. Now that he has a new playmate, he is being very high handed with Brooke. He is making it clear that he doesn't care that the "love of his life" gave him the old heave hoe. Quinn and Ridge have been buddies since KissingGate, Shauna is on board for anything that glitters, or anything that slithers. Thomas is also there, and ready for anything that will push the hated Logans away. Steffy and Hope are snarking at each other about Liam again, and then there is Kelly and Beth. The only thing holding it all together, like a piece of weakening scotch tape, is Eric. He is the buffer. He loves Brooke, he is also her ex-husband, and the father of two of her children. He would never allow them to gang up and push Brooke out. So with Eric gone, that could open up the floodgates to all manner of goodness. Ridge, Thomas, Steffy, Quinn, all in a battle against Brooke over FC's. Shuana now happily ensconced as dual lady of the Manor, and engaging in a torrid affair with Ridge, because Brooke refuses a divorce. Flo back with Wyatt, and Sally leaving Forrester because the climate is so nasty and evil. Brooke, Sally, Liam and Hope going their own way, and starting their on gig. The falling out between Liam and Wyatt over Flo. The patching up of Liam and Bill's relationship. 

Crap...…I forgot which Bell is writing this stuff. 

In all honesty, that kind of SL could really gain some legs and momentum with this viewer. It would certainly be different, and could possibly shift the focus back to FC's, and the battle to get all the Logans out. It would open the playing field to a larger group of characters, and could spawn lots of side stories. It would hopefully end Bridge, because TK and DR do have chemistry; it is a different kind of thing there, but it is so much better than watching two people who can barely tolerate the other act like teenagers in love. Any magic that Bridge possessed is long since gone, and that is not solely because of TK. 

The only draw back to it all, would be losing JMcC, who I have loved since his Lance Prentiss days on Y&R.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

Yeah all the chatter on the soap forums about who might get killed off is fascinating to me. Of all the guesses I'm liking Eric the best because that really would trigger some major shifts in several key characters' lives. I also find the Douglas guess interesting because a) killing a child on a soap is a risky proposition,  and b) this child and the actor who portrays him are so widely beloved that it would probably infuriate most viewers. Not sure Brad has those kind of stones.

The last time we were told a big character was being killed off it turned out to be Emma, who was a third-tier character at best. The show tried to make it seem more important than it was by having all the key families show up at a memorial for her at FC of all places. And some of those people had barely said two words to Emma whhen she was alive. (Meanwhile, the opportunity for Brad and Justin to step into the Tommy mess was mostly bypassed. Huh?)

So, Brad will likely put away Zoe, Vinnie, or Xander, none of whose deaths would matter much in the long run. Yawn.

• Love 2

Yeah it’ll be Zoe or Xander as I guessed weeks ago.

btw Eric McC and his younger wife love the perks of being on this show and the fame in the US. Cast members get treated very well when they travel internationally and hosted by even royalty or free hotel stays and meals. He’ll never retire. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So, Brad will likely put away Zoe, Vinnie, or Xander, none of whose deaths would matter much in the long run. Yawn.

I hope so because the wording of said spoiler could definitely read for someone way bigger than those fucksticks, someone that I would ragequit forever if they killed off.

• Love 3

Yeah if Douglas dies I’ll lose my shit.

I probably would tune out if Hope is killed because of this stupid ass rapey Thomas story too. I don’t think he’ll go there since he loves TOD too much.  Watch  it’ll be Bikini Bar Danny. 😂 

• Useful 1

Thing is though, if it's Zoe or Xander that'll be two Black characters in a row killed. I gotta hope Brad or someone above him would be concerned about the iffy optics of that.

Maybe he'll surprise us and it'll actually be a shocker like Steffy or Brooke. 😉

• Useful 1

If Hope dies, he can always start a new triangle with Sally once stupid Wyatt gives her the heave ho for Grifter Barbie. So long as Sally doesn't go full on Single White Female when Liam drifts back to Steffy, I'd be down for it since I doubt she'd make it as easy for Steffy to win the way Hope and Ivy did. Plus, she's still owed some karmic payback for busting up Tally, no matter how much of a raging lunatic ThomAss has turned reverted back into.

4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Thing is though, if it's Zoe or Xander that'll be two Black characters in a row killed. I gotta hope Brad or someone above him would be concerned about the iffy optics of that.

It's definitely bad optics, but having Hope killed off after this horrendous year without any moments of enjoyment with her baby or long fought-for husband (for example, I dunno if that's what will happen) would be Game of Thrones Season 8 levels of anger inducing for a lot of reasons.

That said, it's just lazy writing. These three interns we're all poorly thought out and Xander himself has been speculated as being originally a baby Maya unknowingly conceived before her transition that was shipped off to distant relatives....which would have been 100x more interested than any of the lame snooze-inducing story he's been given so far. They can kill off these three lamewads, and we'll be given another set of even flatter lamewads by next summer.

Instead of doing that, maybe Bell can consider....you know...NOT that. Or at least make the new intern be someone we the audience can connect to like Little Eric or Jack Marone. Re-conceive RJ from this lame kid to an actual decent person who will stand up to his Marone half-siblings for the shit they've pulled against Hope while hoping against hope for family unity.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

So long as Sally doesn't go full on Single White Female when Liam drifts back to Steffy, I'd be down for it since I doubt she'd make it as easy for Steffy to win the way Hope and Ivy did. Plus, she's still owed some karmic payback for busting up Tally, no matter how much of a raging lunatic ThomAss has turned reverted back into.

Tally was underrated, the other Tomass actor had more chemistry with Sally. But he doesn't deserve anybody anymore if he ever did. I wouldn't trust Bell with that if it happened because sooner or later Sally is gonna be drinking the anti-Logan, "stuffy is(not btw) the queen bitch just like her grandma" kool-aid. I would like to see another female besides Hope & Brooke to give stuffy a well deserved verbal bitch slap on occasion but apparently that's asking too much because it's team Stuffy all day everyday smh.....🙄 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

didn't start watching B&B daily until around 2012. Relative to Steffy, I think I saw a distinct change in the way Steffy was written compared to the other women in her cohort after Kim Matula left.

I guess I didn't pick up on that immediately  since they'd more or lessed ruined all the other female characters not named Bridget (and that wasn't for a lack of trying because she did go full Katie Logan on Aggie that time) with stupid ass triangle BS or continuing to hate Brooke  for existing. But come to think of it, back when KM!Hope was the favorite pet of the show, she still had Ivy telling her in a firm but none territorial way to get outta her business with Liam after she decided to jump into marriage with Wyatt. A complete departure from....whatever the fuck she morphed into after JMW's return.

• Love 7

Bridget was probably the only soap good girl without being a sanctimonious or an asshole about it and had a brain. Honestly I don’t think it was intentional and a real quirk given this show’s shit writing and depiction of women. This show also lucked into always having good actors play that character. 

@Joimiaroxeu I got into the show late as well but when I realized it was only 17 min an episode (sans commercials and drone footage) and had a higher budget than most soaps it was a wrap. I watch Days, which has turned into a Passions rip off festival and still has some people I give a shit about and Y&R which is Snoresville and I low key hate most characters in front burner “story”, that one is a chore honestly. 

Hope has been mentally ill since she thought her baby died and no one has cared. She is projecting that failed Mama rationale onto Douglas and again no one cares and victimizing/punishing herself cuz of it repeatedly and again no one notices or cares. Nuanced or intuitive writing, Lord please make it fundamental. I don’t want her to keep being nice to her liar/attempted rapist but I understand why she’s panicking rn or punishing herself to save a child when she spent months thinking she failed a child at the expense of it’s life. And I’m mad they glossed over Thomas rape by proxy by roofying Liam and the level of gaslighting and abuse he did to lil Douglas. That’s not cool esp in 2019. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

It would have been much more interesting to have Ridge ask Brooke sincerely about Hope's mental health while Beth was still presumed "dead" and even after reuniting with her but then have Brooke dismiss it just as he's dismissing her concerns about Thomas' mental stability.  Better still would be if both were proven right. 

• Useful 1

I’m confused by the ending of today’s show when Hope was leaving Tom’s room. She’d made it clear that she wasn’t having sex with him but as she opens the door to leave, he says when she comes back to bring the papers. Or that’s what I thought he said. Or did I just make that part up? Can someone who watched today clue me in as to what actually happened? Thanks.

• Love 2

WAIT, WHAT???!!! Ridge thinks HOPE is up to something? Mf-er, please. Have you met your son? He is nobody's victim--not even when he gets accidentally shoved off a cliff.

Hmm, Liam going back to SP makes me wonder if Katie or Bill's name should be thrown into the death pool.

I think Hope is a damb fool. She's not playing with fire, she's playing with a WMD. And Thomas is yet again using Douglas to manipulate her. She never learns.

Ridge, if you're so worried about Tommy's precious virtue why don't you go break up the shenanigans you think are going on in his room? Surely it's past his bedtime or something. 😑

Hope: I want you in my life. As a co-parent. But not your peen in my vag.
Tom: Well, that's gonna be tough since the adoption papers are in your vag and I have to use my peen to fish them out.
Hope: Whaaaat?
Tom: Eh, it sounded so cool in my head.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Beth loves her old room and being with Kelly?  Give me a break.  Can Beth tell time also?  Change her and Kelly’s diaper?  

Lurch barters his son for a piece of scrawny ass and Ridge thinks Raggedy is up to something.  Why should we think Ridge would find that strange because the peach doesn’t fall far from the tree. 

Did anyone else notice that with Stuffy’s hair up her face looks deformed?  Higher checks, puffier lips, and a bigger nose. Maybe it’s just bad make up and the lighting?  

I’m confused. Did Raggedy give Lurch a definite no or a definite maybe?  Mark this day for today is the day that Lurch became a bigger pig than his father. 

Ridge goes from a tongue lashing by Brooke to a tongue bath by Shanna.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Did Steffy or Liam say that?

Liam said that Beth loves her old room after checking that she was still asleep. Stuffy was the one who chimed in about being with Kelly again.  

10 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Liam said that Beth loves her old room after checking that she was still asleep. Stuffy was the one who chimed in about being with Kelly again.  

WTAF does Liam know?

Right after he said the nonsense about Beth remembering her old room (trust, she doesn't), he actually said - out loud - the following: "I mean, the more loving adults in Douglas' life, the better, even...even Quinn."

While I am hating this Thomas/Hope storyline because it creepy and disturbing AF, I have to admit Matthew and Annika are killing it.

Thomas: "One last hug? I promise I won't bite." He know she's playing him, but hey, he's playing her, too. The difference is he knows the score and she's clueless. This is the big leagues, Hope. 

Hope chokes down the vomit in her throat. 

EIluhZuWoAEUf-I.jpg

As he hugs her, he adds; "unless you want me to." And again, this storyline, as awful as it is, is showing MA does have some serious range, far more than we ever suspected when he was Dummer's husband on Y&R. Because you can see the psycho and the teasing all in the same expression here.

EIlukOhWsAA0jTl.jpg

Hope, you are in WAY over your head, honey.

EIlunkvXsAA4kez.jpg

He whispers: "You need Douglas, I need you."

EIluqmqXkAAv-SL.jpg

And show of hands...who here really thinks he's going to sign over Douglas if Hope sleeps with him?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Although my money is now on Hope killing Thomas on Friday. Or so she thinks...

ETA: Elsewhere, I'm laughing that the thought is out there that Liam is jealous that Steffy is dating again (or at least downloading a dating app). Um, the second he came in the door, he was in a lather about Hope, Hope, and wait, what's that, oh yes, HOPE. It must really chap Hauxdi's ass that Hope has not one but two men chasing her. 

Oh and Steffy said this: "I'm not really the fragile type."

The mustard-colored Blankie of Despair would beg to differ.

tenor.gif?itemid=11102135

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Right after he said the nonsense about Beth remembering her old room (trust, she doesn't), he actually said - out loud - the following: "I mean, the more loving adults in Douglas' life, the better, even...even Quinn."

1270028807_staringcat.jpg.e6315fb87e013bc53ee02fdcc457e271.jpg

73d0351a-42db-40b7-94ea-3dd9e3ebcf8a.jpg.70906c31c7d011c66e2c973aae1204f5.jpg5c7f8168-8233-485e-8a0a-3f4a76f388d9.thumb.jpg.e9b35be0cfccc12d18a0e27e2b37602e.jpg

Wow, it's like TIIC have just completely thrown out any semblance of continuity, huh 👀

I have no words at ALL.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I meant to add, speaking of "continuity," so Liam has forgiven Hauxdi for the midnight ride on the stallion, to which she tried to mumble something semi-remorseful. Talk about fuckedy-fuck ... REALLY? Did we ever see that? I just saw Liam begrudgingly be cordial to her so they could co-parent Kelly. So, let's just pave the way WIDE open for a Steam reunion, why don't we?

I can't believe that Hauxdi would have to resort to something like Plenty of Fish to find a date. I thought people in her realm of society still had in-person social circles for matchmaking purposes. At the very least, hire one of those upper-echelon professional matchmakers. Of course, I suppose when you have NO friends to speak of, then you have to get "creative."

I don't believe that Bell is going to kill Douglas off. I think it's going to be some near-miss with Thomas where people believe he is dead but he really isn't. Maybe he will be whisked off by Prince Omar (who can take Cray-Tay as well) and brought back to life. Anything to cause more angst for Hope and permanently break up Bridge. 

I think that one reason why at least this version of Bridge can't stay apart is that there has never been another woman for Sludge. Having Shauna present might be more incentive for them to stay apart. I can't see this Brooke being jealous and trying to fight Shauna over this version of Ridge. I'd say to Shauna, "He's yours." (Thinking back to when RM Ridge was engaged to Ashley Abbott. That was the last time Ridge was with another woman other than feeble attempts by Cray-Tay.)

• Love 10

Zoey was the spokesmodel on The Price is Right today. She looked pretty good from afar.  Thankfully she didn’t have any close ups.  Is Zoey that desperate that not only she forgave Lurch but she wants his Lurch-hood.  Lurch and Zoey the battle of the egos. Both think the are gods gift to the world.  

Raggedy thinks Lurch is irrational. I think she a little irrational herself.  

• Love 5

Look at Hope and Liam, both keeping secrets from each other.

So is Zoe subletting that apartment or is she freeloading too? Poor Vinnie. Got bum rushed out of a place he's probably still paying rent on.

Zoe, Tommy is even less sane than your baby-stealing daddy. Stop trying to talk sense into him.

Hot dam, DD looking so delicious. ❤

Wait, Hope and Thomas' marriage isn't annulled yet? Liam gets annulments like picking up a burger in the drive-thru. How long could it take?

Zoe, there's a sort of a saying: Don't try to let crazypants stick its dick in you. Change lanes, girlfriend. You and that tight little body of yours can do better. Way better.

I can't with Hope. If ever there was time Brooke should've slapped her and screamed, "Snap out of it!" it was today IMO. Brooke knows how Hope gets when she's fixated on believing she's the only one who can make things right. Hope has some kind of weird savior/victim complex and Douglas doesn't need another whackjob parent.

• Love 7

She has this savior complex because she still hasn’t dealt with feeling like she failed and killed her daughter. And this is why she keeps punishing herself. 

So was today good on the Bold & the Abusive? 

Why is Zoe still around when Sasha was written out? I would rather have Sasha. 

• Love 9