Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Apparently, Liam loves Hope and wants to be with her.  So he's hoping she doesn't bail.  Isn't that exactly what Steffy, Hope, Taylor, and Brooke have done for years, or in the later cases, decades?

Considering their entire history, I'd say Liam owes Hope honesty about any reservations, at a minimum. Their problem as a couple was never a compete mismash of incompatible values like him and Steffy but their refusal to be open and honest.

Liam has never had any true rival. There was Wyatt but his nutbag mother is enough to send any sane person packing. Thomas was never on Hope's radar, so him thinking she might run off now that she has her kid back is absurd.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Considering their entire history, I'd say Liam owes Hope honesty about any reservations, at a minimum. Their problem as a couple was never a compete mismash of incompatible values like him and Steffy but their refusal to be open and honest.

Liam has never had any true rival. There was Wyatt but his nutbag mother is enough to send any sane person packing. Thomas was never on Hope's radar, so him thinking she might run off now that she has her kid back is absurd.

Is it?  Liam and Hope's relationship failed in the past long before they lost Beth.  Of course, that would be yet another reason why maybe if any of them had any functioning brain cells, they would have walked away and stayed away years ago.

Also, yes like Ridge, Liam has never had any real competition, but that hasn't stopped Hope from running to other guys.

Again, this situation would not exist if Steffy, Liam, and Hope didn't put up with it.  Wasn't Steffy claiming back when she proposed to Hope for Liam, that she was going to change the way she did things.  Where is Steffy now?  Right back where she started.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Is it wrong that I really want to see Hope ride the Stallion?

Better question: Is it wrong that I want to ride the stallion? (If so, I don't want to be right)

Answer: No, he's the best reason to eat lunch at home by myself, so I can enjoy all of that deliciousness with no distractions. I'll be glad when he gets a real story & is onscreen more. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Steffy proposed to Hope for Liam, then Hope did exactly what she said she wasn't going to do and sent Liam back to Steffy.

If I actually didn't watch this crap show myself I think I'd accuse you of making this up! 🙂 

• LOL 7

Finally, Bill is on.  I know Bill can be a jerk, but he is hilarious.

Ridge, Thomas is playing you like a fiddle.

Brooke and Hope, you are idiots.

Liam actually managed to articulate his concerns about adopting Douglas - color me shocked.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Let me get this straight, we had: 

1. Months of endless scenes of of Flo handwringing, both before & after the baby switch, being so upset over her part in the baby switch, but never doing anything about it.

2. Countless scenes of Shauna feeding Ridge's ego, saying nothing new, just stroking his, um, ego.

3. Multiple scenes showing Thomas' swipe board of good vs. evil, even though, now Hope is maybe on the line.

4. Doe-eyed Zoe inexplicably still being in BelLA, shacking up with Thomas, just breathing.

but, you can't show us a single scene where Quinn goes to $Bill to ask him to meddle in Wyatt's & Sally's relationship?? Seriously, show? You have to have Bill reference it instead of showing 2 of the show's better actors, in a scene together, in something that doesn't directly involve the baby-switch-that-ate-the-whole-damn-show? 

That stupidity almost cancelled out the hotness of DD playing the hottest-ever doting grandpa (maybe Dad). Almost. You're on thin ice, though. 

• Love 19
38 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Ridge to Thomas today: "You're getting better all the time."

giphy.gif

Ridge, to Hope today: "You can't just STEAL a kid."

giphy.gif

Didn't Ridge cheer on Thorne's efforts to remove custody from Bill just last year?

Didn't he hide Douglas's paternity for months?

I'm pretty sure he got mixed up in keeping Hope from Deacon way back in the day too.

Sit down, Ridge. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

He's just as much responsible for his own misery as the other two stooges.

Agreed, I meant "stole" in a less literal term but you put it into words 🙂 

the newest Chicken(head) and Waffle combo at Bell's Pancake House

91442632_Imweak.gif.a04facbb7374e33270ce2b4b0a83eada.gif  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Didn't Ridge cheer on Thorne's efforts to remove custody from Bill just last year?

Didn't he hide Douglas's paternity for months?

I'm pretty sure he got mixed up in keeping Hope from Deacon way back in the day too.

Sit down, Ridge. 🙄

Remember only if your last name is Forrester do you get to be an unashamed hypocrite. 

6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Remember, Ridge is the only one allowed to play God with people's lives.

Stuffy and Thomass too apparently and when they get called out it's time to switch to their 1st and 2nd most favorite position. The victim. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Finally, Bill is on.  I know Bill can be a jerk, but he is hilarious.

Bill was surprisingly level-headed and fair in his conversation . I would have rather he'd taken a firmer stance and be more anti Flo but at the surface level nothing he said to Wyatt was wrong.

5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Liam actually managed to articulate his concerns about adopting Douglas - color me shocked.

Yeah, and he too gave Thomas far more credit than he deserves to assume Thomas will ever change just because Bill got better (I guess that Stallion Ride is water under the bridge now, but like I said...not a grudge wanker).

But then, that's the general decency Liam is capable of when he's out of Steffy's orbit. Adoption really is an extreme step for something that could be temporary and I'm glad he mentioned that for all of this Douglas still loves his dad.

Ridge sure came in as full Victor Newman today, huh? 👀

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10

I’ve had about enough of Hope’s cardigans and wraps. She literally has worn them a year straight. 

I’m so sick of seeing them, I live Chicago and have been eschewing them for sweatshirts or Joey Potter- style sweaters. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Bill had some good points about Flo, but I did not like his criticizing Sally.  However, it's Bill, he doesn't pretend to be a good guy, so I always enjoy him.  Still laughing at his, "Where do I get on the list to buy an organ?" to Katie's doctor.  I will take Bill over all of the rest of these hypocrites any day.  Especially since DD is so damn fine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Ridge sure came in as full Victor Newman today, huh? 👀

Please he wishes he was half of VN character. Grampire Newman has more dignity/balls than the ENTIRE B&B male cast, except maybe Bill(marginally has about the same amount though he's not using it) but the writers only use him to light a fire to cook up a waffle. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Hmm, wonder if Monique Lhuillier sent over a couple more of her couture dresses from past seasons for Ridge to pretend like he designed himself? 🤔

I agree with Liam. The Logan and Forrester families are permanently intertwined. In the long run it will put Douglas in a potentially emotionally damaging position if he's jumped over to Logan custody while still having Thomas and other Forresters around in his life. Is he supposed to forget Thomas exists?

Bill defending Flo to Wyatt. Yikes. Gotta wonder if he'd be doing that if the alternative weren't Sally.

Hope's wonky eye was flashing like a lighthouse beacon today. That usually means she's on one of her bad decision trips. 😼

Um, Ridge, Liam is Douglas' flesh and blood too. But your point stands. Brooke and Hope trying to hijack Douglas quick like a bunny is out there.

• Love 7

Bill and Kelly is a sight to behold. 

Lurch goes running to daddy and acting like he wants to allow Raggedy to adopt Douglas, but in essence he wants to use it as ammunition against Brooke.  

Brooke kept Deacon away from Raggedy and now she wants to keep Douglas away from Lurch.  Is it me or in ways I find Taylor and Brooke to be alike. There minds  have been corrupted via sleeping with Ridge. Oh wow, Liam is really an adult. He actually can think rationally. 

Another oh wow. Bill favors Flo over Sally.  Bill actually feels that Flo’s action was selfless in saving Katie’s life.

• Love 3

OK - this is going to be a VERY unpopular opinion I fear, but here goes:

on today’s episode the Stallion’s eyes seemed pulled a little bit too tight. I was picking up a Kenny Rogers vibe...  he needs to be careful and not mess up that fine face!

Also, was it my TV or did he have some pink in his hair (on the sides)?? THAT looked cool, even if it was my imagination and the fact that I was watching it at midnight!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke kept Deacon away from Raggedy and now she wants to keep Douglas away from Lurch.

The only reason there was ever an issue with Deacon was because Taylor "died" shortly after Hope was born and Ridge became available to chase again. It was a whole crock of shit for her to turn face like that to pretend he was some real danger to Hope.

She's got more of a leg to stand on with Thomas, but having decided to watch a few clips of what I've missed, this does seem to be Brooke as the driver, moreso than even Hope. Today I was reminded of how irked I was 20 years ago when she couldn't let sleeping dogs lay and just *had* to shove those divorce papers at Macy to sign during her one last night she wanted with Thorne, which set off the whole chain of events leading to that non-death.

Still, luckily for her, Ridge was the biggest toolshed of them all, white knighting for a son he could barely tolerate two years ago and telling Hope that she can't steal babies. My God, I can't imagine Deacon could have fucked up any harder than Ridge has with his own children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Brooke sure is passionate about Hope and Liam adopting Douglas.  Or maybe vindictive is a better word.  Yes, fully acknowledged that Thomas is a villain who’s done horrible things.  But Brooke, who has never been this animated about her own kids, is certainly losing some moral ground with this revenge play.  

Besides, doesn’t she have a son of her own out there she hasn’t seen since she stole him from Taylor when he was an infant?  She has a whole other kid in Jack who’s never even mentioned.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cool Breeze said:

Besides, doesn’t she have a son of her own out there she hasn’t seen since she stole him from Taylor when he was an infant?

Wasn't it Taylor who gave him up with Rick's encouragement because they weren't bonding (him being icky half Logan & all) and he cried too much? 

Which reminds me, funny she couldn't take that Jack was half Logan yet she was fine banging Rick who was half Logan...I guess the Forrester half trumped the Logan half.

• Love 9

This is why you don't push another person into doing your bidding. Liam is clearly not on board for this adoption, and he just needs to come out and tell Hope and Brooke that he does not want to do it. I think Brooke is 50/50 in her desire to protect Douglas, and her desire to stick it to Thomas. I really don't believe Hope has any ulterior motives, but I also think she lives in a world of unicorns and sunshine, and isn't thinking about the long term. In any event, I am a bit furious that people who had absolutely no good intentions in regards to Beth are being heralded as saviors and nice guys, while two women who only want to protect a child are being painted as villains. 

Ah, the Great Oz has spoken. Wordy McWord, but Ridge is a complete tool. Did that clown actually barge into Brooke's home and start berating her still healing daughter about how kids can't be stolen? Did he then continue to bark about her "staying pissed off?" And Brooke just stood there looking at him? The actual fuck of it all is more than I can take. Go on dumb ass, take Douglas and see what happens. You have to be right, and your kids are the bestest, best, who ever bestied. Thomas is a great dad and role model. I think the oil slick Ridge calls hair is leaking into his cranial cavity. 

Oh Bill why? Flo is trash; her kidney may have saved your Katie's life, but she still put money and social standing above doing the right thing. Flo can't even claim to have put an end to it, because little Douglas did that. A five year old, who had the moral fiber to go against his dad, and tell the truth. But Flo still runs around saying how "she would have come forward sooner if this or that", as if she was instrumental in stopping the insanity, and reuniting Hope and Liam with their daughter. Sally OTOH, has always owned her shit. She has never tried to avert blame, or tried to make herself look sympathetic, or tore another person down to make herself look less guilty. Sally is also ambitious in a good way, not the Flo way. She is beautiful and talented and vibrant. But that damn kidney and all. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 15

I'm not a Sally fan, I don't like how she claims to be independent yet aways depends on a man in some way, but the worst she did was steal some designs and kiss a married man.  I'd take that over selling a baby.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Besides, doesn’t she have a son of her own out there she hasn’t seen since she stole him from Taylor when he was an infant?  She has a whole other kid in Jack who’s never even mentioned.  

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't it Taylor who gave him up with Rick's encouragement because they weren't bonding (him being icky half Logan & all) and he cried too much? 

I made the mistake of re-watchimg that horrible story (2008 is easily up there as one of B&B's worst seasos, easily a narrow second to 2019) and there was a whole lotta stupidity on both side. I was originally on Team Taylor but a second viewing showed Taylor going nuts well before Brooke went buttinski.

But yeah, it wasn't a good look when Bridget spent more time with Jack after the adoption than Brooke. I know the RL reason for this is because KKL put her foot down on another Bricky reunion that Jack's existance was supposed to facilitate, but I feel like a more creative team could have used this as a logical way to continue the pissing contest they seen set to continue. Kinda like how Kay Chancellor and Jill often put P3 in the middle of their conflicts.

Brooke was no saint in that (especially in the context of how her eggs were available to be mixed up in the first place) but it's incorrect to say she "stole" that baby.

• Love 2

Brooke never wanted Nick or Jack, she just didn't want Taylor to have them.

Liam tried telling Hope and Brooke over and over again why rushing into adopting Douglas was a bad idea, and they wouldn't listen to him.

Now Ridge will use this as his excuse to go running to Shana.  Once that happens, Brooke will forget about everything else, and want Ridge back.

• Love 2

Brooke was no saint in that (especially in the context of how her eggs were available to be mixed up in the first place) but it's incorrect to say she "stole" that baby.

As I recall, Brooke quite literally did steal Jack.  Wasn't there a scene where he was crying upstairs in Taylor's house and Taylor was inattentive (could've been drunk, actually), and Brooke went up, grabbed Jack and left?  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

As I recall, Brooke quite literally did steal Jack.  Wasn't there a scene where he was crying upstairs in Taylor's house and Taylor was inattentive (could've been drunk, actually), and Brooke went up, grabbed Jack and left?  

No, Taylor wasn't drunk.  Brooke thought Taylor was drinking, but she wasn't.  Brooke took Jack and left.  Taylor could have had Brooke charged with kidnapping.

The scenes today were good.  It's to bad the only character I cared about was Douglas.  Why have Karen and Bill not played any part in this SL?

• Love 2

Yes. Brooke went over to Taylor's and Taylor had just poured a healthy slug of vodka into her coffee cup but had not yet drank any. Brooke smelled the booze and assumed the worst and took Jack from the house. She took him to Nick, who was at work at Marone Shipping or whatever the name of the company was. So, I guess Brooke did "take" Jack in the literal sense of the word, but she took the boy directly to his father.  It wasn't like she hid Jack of sold him like a piece of furniture. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Brooke sure is passionate about Hope and Liam adopting Douglas.  Or maybe vindictive is a better word.  Yes, fully acknowledged that Thomas is a villain who’s done horrible things.  But Brooke, who has never been this animated about her own kids, is certainly losing some moral ground with this revenge play.  

THANK YOU. I am so sick of Dope and Brooke's entitlement. I'm not Team Stuffy or anything, and definitely not Team Ridge (and certainly not Thomas). But I've been watching this show literally from the very first day that it premiered, and Stephanie totally read Brooke's skank ass from the moment she appeared on the scene. She's a horrible mother and it looks like she's going to be just as bad as a grandmother.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 4

I'm still trying to figure out why Hope and Brooke thought trying to strong arm Thomas and Ridge was a good idea.  Liam pointed out it was a mistake to pressure Thomas, and they didn't listen.  When Liam is the brains in your operation, you've definitely got problems.  Don't get me wrong.  Liam does have some good qualities, but neither Liam or Wyatt have Bill's brains.

I can see where this is headed.  Hope will be sad, upset, and crying all the time, and we'll get another Liam scene telling Steffy Hope is miserable, but Steffy is fun.  {face palm}

• Love 6

In the words of Yogi Berra, this is Deja Vu all over again. Raggedy screaming at Stuffy about trying keep Beth and now Raggedy screaming at Lurch for trying to take Douglas away.  Can TIIC write anything but hypocritical self serving plots.  

I hate to agree with Ridge but he is write in calling out Raggedy’s hypocrisy.  There more Lurch acts sincere the more it seems phony.  Do I contribute this to Lurch being such a bad actor. 

• Love 4

I liked Donna's top but that look was maybe a bit much for the office. Guess she's hitting the clubs after work, hah, hah.

Has anyone considered getting Douglas some counseling? Or calling in a social worker to assess the situation with him?

WTF, Ridge? Beth was kidnapped. You darn well know the difference between that and Thomas' treatment of Douglas. So now it'll all be okay because you and Thomas are going to move your freeloading behinds over to Eric's? Where his only mother figure will be Quinn? FOH.

Oy, I think Brooke is wrong about the way she's trying to snatch Douglas but she ain't wrong about Ridge. Can't wait until Ridge finds out what a fool he's been about Thomas and I hope Douglas doesn't have to suffer to make it happen.

• Love 7

Brooke has had hundreds of reasons to leave Ridge.  (And he’s had at least half as many to leave her.)  But this Douglas thing is ridiculous.  She and Hope have no say, zero, in where Douglas lives.  Hope’s not Thomas’ wife any longer so any input she may have had based on that relationship went the way of the annulment papers. 

But Brooke telling Ridge that he promised to love her “above all else” implying he’s supposed to choose her over his son is something no worthy parent would ever, ever ask of another or do themselves.  But I guess she’s the parent who married the man (Bill) who tortured her daughter for years and the man (Ridge) who kissed her daughter after learning he wasn’t her father or brother.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, mightysparrow said:

Folks have forgotten WHY Brooke was concerned enough about Jack to basically kidnap him.  Was this before or after Taylor killed Darla while drunk driving and then tried to pin it on somebody else?

Definitely after. Taylor moved onto Nick in part because Aly had to literally cut the wedding dress to shreds before she and Thorne called it off.

23 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

But Brooke telling Ridge that he promised to love her “above all else” implying he’s supposed to choose her over his son is something no worthy parent would ever, ever ask of another or do themselves.

Indeed, she never gave it a second thought to stand behind her own little psycho when he was dating Phoebe and macking on Steffy before Phoebe's body had gone cold in an attempt to stick it to Ridge nor do I remember any scenes of her presence after Rick shot a man in anger yet AGAIN. 

If it sounds like I'm on both sides of this fence, it's because this writing team doesn't know, either. Who exactly am I supposed to be rooting for here? For Thomas the psycho to get custody after being livid about his son having more decency than five of the six adults involved with the secret? For Liam and Hope to get custody when it appears theyre back to Waffle House Hell again? For Ridge, who of all people should be aware of his son's insanity and obsession when he can't get his way? I know for sure it's not Brooke, because it never is. Anything she's involved in is The Worst Thing because it's Brooke.

This show blows.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9

Soap opera, tv drama, dramatic characters - whatever it is - these people are twisted.  Every main character is really off.  I had to sit back for a second and take stock of watching this past year and compare it to other soaps I've watched.  They're all nuts.  I was totally involved in two other soaps and I never thought the characters were crazy.  I had my favorites, I knew who the villains were, I liked when the audience had to figure out a plot line.  It made no sense to me that Hope would be pleading and begging for Douglas to the point of her shaking and losing her mind.  ShrekRidge is really too too arrogant.  He might as well make himself king. 

Now I'd really like to see Bill take him down hard.  I stop liking Bill when he was over the top with his deep obsessive love for Steffy.  Come on. My god do they beat things with a big stick on B&B.   I did totally predict that Brooke was going to pull off her ring.  That's what they do on this show.  Pull off ring = imminent divorce = sleep with next male I see.   That's all I needed to say.

• Love 8

I’m fan wanking it that Brooke’s spider sense is clueing her in on Thomas being much more abusive than what they all realize (the viewers know, but not characters have seen). Just based on him threatening more than once to abandon Thomas, intentionally terrifying him at night with a ghost projector, grabbing his arm while calling him names, throwing his dead mommy in face to guilt him...all to a very young child tells me Thomas shouldn’t have custody. Between losing his mom so young, the abuse, and having the burden of being a hero in a family of adults when threatened not to do so, this kid has a lot to emotionally process and needs help, probably for years. 

He probably would be best in NYC with Karen and her wife but I get the show is trying to prolong him leaving since the actor and character is a fan fave, also he’s a plot point for Thomas still sniffing around Hope and Ridge & Brooke hitting the rocks (food riddence on that farce of a marriage). Wonderful little actor. He and his family should be very proud how strong and consistent his work has been. 

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

If Brooke told Ridge to sling his grimy hook, I don't care what the reason was.  Good riddance, to soiled, stinky bad rubbish.

But Brooke will want Ridge back.  She always does.  That's another reason this SL is so lame.  Been there done that a million times.

If Brooke, Hope, and Liam were serious about getting custody of Douglas, and Liam clearly had reservations about that idea, and I don't blame him, Brooke and Hope went about it all wrong.

Also, it's not fair of either Brooke or Ridge to expect the other person not to be there for their children.  Unfortunately, Ridge and Brooke are enablers, not good parents.  Then again, how would either Brooke or Ridge know how to teach their children the right thing to do.  They don't know how to do the right thing themselves. 

Out of Rick, Bridget, Thomas, Phoebe, Steffy, Hope and RJ, Bridget and Phoebe were the only sane and nice ones.  We don't know about Jack because much like Brooke, the writers have forgotten all about him.

Poor Douglas is the adult out of all these selfish idiots.  Douglas who did the right thing when none of the adults would.  Douglas who worries about Thomas and Hope's feelings.  Douglas is a better person than all of them.  That reason alone is why none of them deserve to raise this child.  Douglas deserves better.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

Soap opera, tv drama, dramatic characters - whatever it is - these people are twisted.  Every main character is really off.  I had to sit back for a second and take stock of watching this past year and compare it to other soaps I've watched.  They're all nuts.  I was totally involved in two other soaps and I never thought the characters were crazy.  I had my favorites, I knew who the villains were, I liked when the audience had to figure out a plot line. 

Yeah. Even for as absolutely dull and boring and repetitive as Y&R had become that it lost its hold on the ratings, there was no question as to who I was supposed to be rooting for in this round of Nick vs Adam. They missed the mark entirely yet again because Prick is  nearly as entitled and petty as Ridge but the narrative was clear.

I don't get that, here. All I get is another  long, winding excuse to do the same old song and dance with the ToD that ate up much of the past decade, for Bridge to break up as they have been doing for the last 3 decades and for Bell's newest pet Flo to become the new heroine by being shadier than Amber on her worst day ever was--quite literally, because Becky at least put the baby up for adoption before Amber switched him  and unlike Steffy it was apparent that she loved that child as more than a reason to hang onto her meal ticket. Hell, Amber ended her otherwise happy marriage to Daniel to help that boy when it came out her mother had ghosted the poor kid.

9 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Poor Douglas is the adult out of all these selfish idiots.  Douglas who did the right thing when none of the adults would.  Douglas who worries about Thomas and Hope's feelings.  Douglas is a better person than all of them.  That reason alone is why none of them deserve to raise this child.  Douglas deserves better.

Quoted for gospel truth. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Yeah, I can't get bothered about Brooke giving Ridge her wedding ring back because I know it won't last. They're like Nikki and Victor. Every time they break up is an opportunity for the guy to bring an even bigger, gaudier ring when they get back together. Brooke will likely need to use a special set of pulleys and levers to put on the next ring Ridge gives her. (Assuming he doesn't give her a piece of string or some cheap nonsense. 😒)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I can't get bothered about Brooke giving Ridge her wedding ring back because I know it won't last. They're like Nikki and Victor.

Fun fact: Victor and Nikki have been re-married 4 times to Bridge's 6 and their shortest marriage is still longer than Bridget's longest uncontested marriage. 🤔😂

But yanno, I really do hate they've become like every other trash supercouple that are so horrible towards one another that you have to wonder what they ever saw in each other. For all my complaints with Bridge eating the show in the mid to late 2000s, I never got the sense Ridge ever hated Brooke, even in situations where he should understandably be livid. FFS, Ridge has been more heated about Brooke not accepting Shauna and Flo than he was about her fucking Oliver.

In retrospect, comparing Ridge to Victor is the very rare insult Victor doesn't deserve, because he didn't treat Nick like the devil for protecting the child Adam abandoned and never forced the other three kids to move past the truly shady crap  he's pulled on all of them.

Also in retrospect, but this sudden departure from what Ridge had been for 25 years kinda makes me wonder how much Ronnnnnnnnnnn Moss had been pushing for Ridge to keep any semblance of decency....because we got glimmers of this OTT bullying behavior around '03 and '04 and how excessively foul he was towards Darla and even Amber (even if that was more "wrong for the right reasons" for her macking on underaged Thomas) that eventually got dialed back. It's not like Ridge couldn't be a jerk, but the only common link between then and now is Brad Bell.

It really makes you think and wonder why Moss truly left so suddenly.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Fun fact: Victor and Nikki have been re-married 4 times to Bridge's 6 and their shortest marriage is still longer than Bridget's longest uncontested marriage. 🤔😂

But yanno, I really do hate they've become like every other trash supercouple that are so horrible towards one another that you have to wonder what they ever saw in each other. For all my complaints with Bridge eating the show in the mid to late 2000s, I never got the sense Ridge ever hated Brooke, even in situations where he should understandably be livid. FFS, Ridge has been more heated about Brooke not accepting Shauna and Flo than he was about her fucking Oliver.

In retrospect, comparing Ridge to Victor is the very rare insult Victor doesn't deserve, because he didn't treat Nick like the devil for protecting the child Adam abandoned and never forced the other three kids to move past the truly shady crap  he's pulled on all of them.

Also in retrospect, but this sudden departure from what Ridge had been for 25 years kinda makes me wonder how much Ronnnnnnnnnnn Moss had been pushing for Ridge to keep any semblance of decency....because we got glimmers of this OTT bullying behavior around '03 and '04 and how excessively foul he was towards Darla and even Amber (even if that was more "wrong for the right reasons" for her macking on underaged Thomas) that eventually got dialed back. It's not like Ridge couldn't be a jerk, but the only common like between then and now is Brad Bell.

It really makes you think and wonder why Moss truly left so suddenly.

Such a good point about Ridge.  He's always been an awful person but Ronnnnnnnnn Moss' had a certain charm and decency that shone through some of the worst things that Ridge did.  It was the same with Pierson Forde and his version of Thomas.

In the hands of TK, Ridge is despicable.  Even when he's trying to be nice, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I've heard that TK is a nice man so this must be an acting choice.   I felt the same way about Zack that I feel about Ridge.  I thought Zack was abusive towards the women in his life but a lot people view that as 'manly'.

To be honest, I only started liking Bill when he got with Brooke.  Once again, I thought he was an over-macho bully who took pleasure in abusing women, especially young women who were powerless to fight him.  I don't know if it was Brooke bringing out Bill's humanity or just the chemistry KKL and DD have but after hating Bill for years, I became a believer.

Which is why I feel so bad for DD being stuck with Katie again.  Those two have absolutely zero chemistry together and this latest go round between the two just looks like Bell didn't know what to do with EITHER character and just slapped them together again.  They are soooo boring.  I'm not a fan of the little boy who plays Will either (sorry kid but you're no Douglas) so it's like adding insult to injury to realize that Katie and Bill are together for THAT kid's sake.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Which is why I feel so bad for DD being stuck with Katie again.  Those two have absolutely zero chemistry together

That's just it. Ten years ago, the chemistry was sizzling between then, to the point most of us were disappoint.they didn't pair Brad with Victoria when HT was still on Y&R. Batie's popularity was the reason they never pulled the trigger on Still despite teasing that for a YEAR.

But this piss writing has sucked any life that they once had right out of them. Bill wants a puppet that agrees with his bullshit and Katie is a judgemental sourpuss whose only two stories are butting into business that isn't hers to playing martyr.

• Love 6

Chemistry is subjective.  I never saw any chemistry with Bill and Katie.  However, what kills most couples on soaps for me now is everything moves to fast or drags out forever.  A couple can only break up so many times before I simply don't find them believable.

I agree on RM and Ridge.  I never thought RM was a good actor, but he did have a sort of charm and caring that current Ridge lacks.

When the show started, Stephanie was not a nice person, but she had layers.  By the time SF retired, Stephanie was written as a one note caricature, and only SF's acting abilities kept Stephanie interesting.

While RM, HTylo, and KKL were good as their characters were originally conceived, they don't have SF's talent.  Ridge, Taylor, and Brooke are horrible people, and the writers ruined one of the few things they had going for them - they were good parents who loved their children.  That hasn't been true for years.

I will also never understand why Brad Bell narrowed the focus of the show to a few characters fighting over the same guy.  That is 99% of the show.  Two pathetic women fighting over an even more worthless guy.

• Love 5
Spoiler

I’ve read in 3 different places that a “major character” will die.

Tommy and Ridgie, neither of you are blood Forester’s, OK?  So stop with this “only Forester’s can run this company”. If that’s the case, Eric and Thorne are the only ones who can run FC.  And, when you think about it, if you count Forester by injection,  Brooke is more a Forester than Ridge or Thomas because she was injected by two Forester men, Eric and Thorne. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Yeah, Tom and Ridge? Y’all are NOT Forrester men. You are Marones. So you actually have no legitimate, legal claim to Eric’s business. So Tom can shut his mouth and so can Ridge. I do wish I could believe that Brooke has finally finished, once and for all, with this worthless man but alas, I’m afraid that won’t be true. What’s so terribly wrong with a woman being alone for a while while she learns to be complete within herself? We don’t all need a man all of the time. 

• Love 7