Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

ariesman3, that is a brillant summation of what is wrong with the Ridge character. TK has been put in a tough spot; he does seem to have much better acting chops than RM, but the character is be written in a totally foreign way. Ridge seems like a stand alone character instead of the central leading man for nearly thirty years.

I thought that when Deacon and Brooke hooked up, that Deacon's and Bridget's marriage was on the rocks or they were separated or something.

This does sound familiar, but I think it might of been solely on Deacon's part. I might have to do some youtubing.

Those spoilers St3phForrester!

Caroline upsetting Brooke's plans? What the heck? Caroline loves Brooke, and is married to her son. I can't imagine what that could mean. And Katie, turning her frustration on Brooke? Nothing new there, but really Katie, accusing Brooke of still having feelings for Ridge? Brooke has only been involved with the man for three decades. Why is Maya suddenly Ally's guardian angel? I think Oliver's idea for Ally will be for her to take over HFTF after it is discovered that Hope is indeed pregnant.

As much as this "Is Hope Pregnant?" story is a little tiresome, I am enjoying Kim Matula's performance and how she's playing the stress about the possibility of being pregnant at a time when one's not ready for that kind of commitment and responsibility.

Co-signing. I thought she did a great job. What most impressed me was the fact that even though Hope wouldn't have to worry about anything; the father of the child adores her, she has a loving family that is filthy rich, she made it about her and what she wanted for her future. I admire people who can admit they are not ready for parenthood. In general though, I think KM has been doing some really good work and I think having her turn up pregnant will stunt the characters growth. Part of me is wondering if some of her anxiety is coming from the knowledge that this would be Bill's grandchild....

I remember reading somewhere that Brad Bell regretted writing Brooke's affair with Deacon and Hope's conception as it did irreparable harm to the character of Brooke.

I read this too, I also read that KKL was against it. Just goes to show how false those rumors are about KKL being shown favoritism, although I think she is well liked and respected, as any long term employee should be. At the end of the day though, I think KKL did a wonderful job with the whole thing, and was never given proper credit. There are not many actors who can carry a SL like that, and come out on the other side with their head held high, but she managed to do that. KKL has always been underestimated; if you go back and watch the character from day one to now, you can see the subtle things that KKL has done to define the character, and how she has grown, not only as an actress but into the Brooke role. Some people say she isn't acting, but I disagree. KKL is so natural in the Brooke character now that she seems like she isn't acting; for me, that is the sign of a good actor.

And I couldn't agree more about the white hot chemistry between Brooke and Deacon.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

Co-sgn on the Brooke/Deacon affair being completely wrong and yet white hot.  I'll be interested to see how SK and KKL interact all these years later.  I'm also interested in how Brad will write Bill and Ridge's reactions to Deacon.  Ridge doesn't know that Bill got Deacon out of jail but Katie does and although she didn't know if until afterward, she'll do her best to deflect any blame. 

• Love 1
Ridge doesn't know that Bill got Deacon out of jail but Katie does

Hmmmm I wonder if this will be the big unforgivable "you knew and you LIED to me" moment?

Edited by ByTor

I thought that when Deacon and Brooke hooked up, that Deacon's and Bridget's marriage was on the rocks or they were separated or something.

It was on the rocks...THAT FIRST NIGHT. What I and so many others had the issue with was the affair continuing after Deacon opted to stay married to Bridget and keep working on the marriage...while being in love with his mother-in-law! Co-signing on the chemistry between KKL and SK but that whole story was botched. It still could have been a scandalous secret affair occurring AFTER the implosion of the Deacon/Bridget marriage, would still have had impact when it came out, and still taken advantage of the chemistry...without making Brooke look so horrible and being the heinous betrayal it was.

"Caroline upsetting Brooke's plans? What the heck? Caroline loves Brooke, and is married to her son. I can't imagine what that could mean." I am wondering if that "Caroline" is a typo for "Karen" which would make way more sense. Sorry had to do the spoiler like this because it wouldn't apply the code to quoted text.

Hmmmm I wonder if this will be the big unforgivable "you knew and you LIED to me" moment?

Oh, you know it is only a matter of time before Katie disappoints Ridge, or he resists her attempts at control...

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 2

Re:

Caroline upsetting Brooke's plan, I hadn't thought about the typo annsterg but now you've brought it up that does make more sense. Although, it is a little entertaining to think that maybe Caroline 2.0 stumbles into something she shouldn't and inadvertedly stuffs everything up for Brooke. Linsey Godfrey would revel in that kind of material.

I thought that when Deacon and Brooke hooked up, that Deacon's and Bridget's marriage was on the rocks or they were separated or something. I recall Brooke mentioning something along those lines during one of her pillow talks with Deacon. Anyway, that seemed to justify their affair.  Mistaken? 

Deacon wanted to be with Amber, but after being rejected by her and disrespected by the Forresters, he romanced and married a teen-aged Bridget as revenge. As a coup-de-grace, he deflowered Bridget while the Forresters were listening on speakerphone. 

Months later, during a private conversation, Brooke managed to convince Deacon to admit that he married Bridget for the wrong reasons and that Bridget deserved better than a much older husband who did not love her.  Then, the two bonded over their mutual outcast statuses and gave in to their attraction. Afterwards, Deacon was unable to hurt Bridget by asking for a divorce. As the affair progressed, an unaware Bridget refused Deacon's made-up excuses for ending their marriage. 

• Love 1

I am thinking too much this morning....

I think you are right St3phForrester; Caroline spoiling Brooke's plans could be something as innocuous as Caroline arrives at Brooke's house at an inopportune time "foiling" a romantic evening.

I now think Deacon's arrival will tie into Hope being pregnant. I wanted to believe Ridge would be involved, just because I wanted an even better reason to dislike him, but having given it some thought it would all fall into place if Hope were pregnant. Deacon comes back and Ally takes over HFTF. If that theory proves true, I will be interested to see how KM/Hope handle it.

• Love 1

Thinking more about Deacon coming on (when I really should be doing homework LOL), I wonder if we'll get any scenes acknowledging the fact that Bill's getting Deacon out of jail started not one but two dominoes-falling stories.  Had Deacon not been out, there would be no text message to Brooke, no lie to Ridge by Brooke, no Ridge leaving, no Katie freaking out on Bill, etc which ended up with the Brooke/Bill affair (although Katie's PPD would probably still have happened but Brooke would still have been with Ridge, so no relying on Bill and taking care of Will)

There would also be no Liam thinking the note was from Hope, no Steffy/Liam making out on the bed video, no Hope telling Liam to get stuffed when he showed up at their next wedding, no Rick/Othello lie, no Liam going back to Steffy, no Steffy baby and miscarriage, etc.

Brad Bell has said that he'd had conversations with SK previously about getting him to come back to B&B before now.  I might be giving the "boy genius" too much credit but could he really have been playing the "long game" with these storylines?

Thinking more about Deacon coming on (when I really should be doing homework LOL), I wonder if we'll get any scenes acknowledging the fact that Bill's getting Deacon out of jail started not one but two dominoes-falling stories.

Considering no one -- even back in the day -- ever gave RICK any grief about being the entire reason Hurricane Deacon came to town in the first place? I don't think so. Talk about unintended consequences: Rick contacted Deacon because he wanted help/ammo in the fight for little E/D...Rick got more than he bargained for, as did all the Forresters.

• Love 1

Brad Bell has said that he'd had conversations with SK previously about getting him to come back to B&B before now.  I might be giving the "boy genius" too much credit but could he really have been playing the "long game" with these storylines?

I would love for Sean Kanan to remain in B&B for the long term.  Since KKL pooh-poohed a Brooke/Deacon storyline, I would love for Deacon to get involved with a character brought back on the canvas like Taylor, Steffy, Felicia, or a recast Kristen. (IMO, Tracy Melchior CANNOT act.) But, if spoilers are right, I don't see long-term potential in that pairing. 

As much as I am Team Liam....I also think he ventured into Stalky McStalkerson territory today with the "taking" of Hope...not to mention grand theft auto. I can't root for that behavior.

Ha! Katie's strident haranguing of Eric actually proved his point...and the way she was shaking her finger at him, like he was 2...ugh. Loved Eric today -- even though I do think his CEO offer was inappropriate bribery and manipulation -- he made his point calmly and stuck to it as Katie became more and more agitated...

...and wow, after Ridge's snark the other day about the women in RICK's life? He should have seen Katie in action today, speaking for him and arranging his life...

I want Bill's engagement ring back on Brooke's hand, stat. She looks so happy with Bill. I know happiness is fleeting on soaps but for all Katie's pronouncements about how happy she and Ridge are...we'll see if it holds when that doesn't also mean that Brooke is miserable.

But again...where the heck is RJ? everyone and their brother/sister has been parading through Brooke's bedroom on this day...except him.

• Love 5

So what was the point of the baby scare? I think the permanency of a pregnancy scared Hope, and maybe she realized that she is not as over Liam as she thought. Or, maybe it was designed to scare Liam to death. I get that you are new to this game Liam, but really dude, you could have hurt Hope. And you do understand that you just committed auto theft.

I am surprised that Katie opened her can of snark on Eric, but he handled it well, and was trying to make her understand that she is but one in a long line of "other" women. Katie doesn't seem to understand that Eric has heard all this before, many times, from women, no offense to Katie, but women who are/were much more accomplished and beautiful. Katie was out of line though; it is Eric's company, he can do what he chooses with it's executive staff.

Brooke never behaved this way when she was will Bill. Katie is running around town attacking everyone; charging into Brooke's bedroom and Eric's office. Does Katie really think she is going to win her argument when it is laced with sarcasm and snideness and delivered with her ever present smirk? I am glad Brooke overheard that today; Brooke never interfered with Katie and Bill and SP's, even though she felt strongly that Katie was wrong. Now Brooke overhears Katie demanding Eric run his company the way Katie wants? Brooke is perfectly capable of running FC's in any capacity, Katie knows that; this is her insecurities talking. The one place Brooke has always shown the brightest is FC's. 

Best line of the day:

Katie, "I am not going to apologize for my feelings". Wow. After you made Brooke pay for her feelings for nearly a year.

Second best line of the day:

Katie, "I tried to fight my feelings". For about a day. Brooke and Bill fought their feelings for months. And even after giving in, they stopped after Katie's heart scare, and would have stayed apart if Katie hadn't pulled Spycamgate. Katie OTOH, stayed away from Ridge for a day, then fake fainted on his wedding day.

Katie is behaving badly on all fronts, and is piling on the offences. If her goal is to generate support for her and Ridge, then she needs to rethink her methods.

KKL and DD totally sold me today.

• Love 5

I never until today noticed what a shrill voice Heather Tom has.  When she was going on & on to Eric, my dog was tilting her head at that voice, ugh.

I loved that Eric kept it classy & stood his ground with Katie without arguing back.  It just made her look as out of control as she really is, not to mention ridiculously insecure.  If you're as secure as she claims she is, I see no need to keep reminding people that you are.

• Love 3

I thought Wyatt seemed a little disappointed when he first heard the news.  He's growing on me, and I kind of like him and Hope together now.  I hope he presses charges against Waffles, Jr.

Katie really did sound unhinged.  If she really does trust her relationship with Ridge, it shouldn't bother her who he works with.  But I guess she's starting to remember his actual romantic history.

I hope this isn't off topic, but for any Rick and Caroline fans who don't watch Y&R, today was the day they appeared there.  

• Love 3

Eric kept it classy

Now that's something you don't read every day.

I couldn't help but wonder whether Eric was also speaking from his own experience - he mentioned the strong connection that Ridge & Brooke share and implied that they will inevitably return to one another... much in the same way that he & Stephanie inevitably returned to one another after periods of Eric trying to move out of Stephanie's orbit. Not only does he know how the Kridge relationship will play out because he's had courtside seats to Brooke/Ridge/Taylor for 25 years, but he knows what it's like to be in their position thrice over - he knows the thrill of seeing "beauty in the unexpected", he knows that destinies change and he knows, perhaps more than anyone else, how it feels to be in a relationship that no one in his family or friendship group supports (I'm thinking principally of Donna but of course this category also includes Sheila and Brooke). He also knows that there are just some things, some people, and some relationships that you don't get over. That's no justification for trying to manipulate Ridge into dropping Katie for the top job but I can appreciate the attempt to accelerate the process in the aim of minimizing damage. 

Another thing I caught today was Brooke's white outfit - someone upthread (I don't remember who, sorry!) mentioned about it being striking against Katie's ensemble, which I also thought was significant because Ridge also dresses in dark colours, but the other thing I thought of was Stephanie's white outfit she wore to the 1989 fashion show, the one with the enormous shoulders that they flashed back to on occasion recently (when Stephanie was dying). Now I know those outfits are apples and oranges, but cinematic elements like costuming & mise-en-scène are no coincidences and with the implication that Brooke is trying to rise up to the position of Forrester matriarch I couldn't help but draw the parallel in my mind seeing her dressed like that. And I thought she looked fantastic in it, too, but I've been known to hold the unpopular opinion when it comes to fashion choices on this show. (Except Rick's clashing patterns, I realise that is a no-no.)

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 2

On the Wishful Recasts thread, there seems to be a consensus that Thorsten Kaye is not working in the role of Ridge

I love him as Ridge. Finally I like Ridge. RM was such a shit actor I couldn't even stand to look at him.

• Love 3

I loved that Eric kept it classy & stood his ground with Katie without arguing back.  It just made her look as out of control as she really is, not to mention ridiculously insecure.  If you're as secure as she claims she is, I see no need to keep reminding people that you are.

Katie really did sound unhinged.  If she really does trust her relationship with Ridge, it shouldn't bother her who he works with.  But I guess she's starting to remember his actual romantic history.

Both of these comments are spot on. Katie needs to heed the old addage that "one doth protest too much". If you want to prove to everyone that you and Ridge are a love match, one that is solid and cannot be touched, then go on about you business and stop running all over town telling people how happy you and Ridge are. Showing them will go a lot further. And really, for someone who is so happy, Katie looks miserable all the time.

Another thing I caught today was Brooke's white outfit - someone upthread (I don't remember who, sorry!) mentioned about it being striking against Katie's ensemble, which I also thought was significant because Ridge also dresses in dark colours,

I caught this too, and I have no doubt it is by design. Katie and Ridge are being written in a very "dark" vein, and their relationship feels heavy and clunky; not at all natural. Brooke and Bill on the other hand really seem deliriously happy, and I have noticed their scenes are filmed in bright "sunlight", and their dialog is light and fresh. Personally, I love them together. Bill is a creep, but I like him with Brooke. The fact that both of them are gorgeous doesn't hurt either.

Ha! Katie's strident haranguing of Eric actually proved his point...and the way she was shaking her finger at him, like he was 2...ugh

Laughed out loud over that one!

...and wow, after Ridge's snark the other day about the women in RICK's life? He should have seen Katie in action today, speaking for him and arranging his life...

Hopefully Brooke will point this out to him, since he was quick to accuse her and Eric of nepotisim in regards to Rick.

She looks so happy with Bill. I know happiness is fleeting on soaps but for all Katie's pronouncements about how happy she and Ridge are...we'll see if it holds when that doesn't also mean that Brooke is miserable.

I think Brooke and Bill's happiness will go futher in tearing Ridge and Katie apart than anything else. Ridge will be beside himself to see Brooke smiling and loving life with Bill; Ridge's agitation will drive Katie's insecurities to the brink. Katie will be upset because she wants to see Brooke alone and suffering as continued payback for Bill falling in love with her. She will not be able to accept that even though it may have been wrong; Brooke and Bill's feelings are real, and her and Ridge's relationship is built on the anger and hurt that caused both of them. Katie also has to now deal with how hard it must have been for Brooke and Bill to deny their feelings for so long, given that she fell in love with Ridge overnight, not over several months, and barely made any effort to fight those feelings.

• Love 5
So what was the point of the baby scare?

Weekend cliffhanger.

I did enjoy Katie's reference to Brooke and Ridge banging in the FC chem lab back in the day, while Brooke was married to Eric.  Of course the whole thing was captured on videotape.

Liam needs to get a life, a girlfriend, a new challenge, or something.

• Love 2

I hope this isn't off topic, but for any Rick and Caroline fans who don't watch Y&R, today was the day they appeared there.

Not for me is it off-topic; I desperately hope that one of you Y&R watchers will post the details of the Rick/Caroline stuff here. I'm not going to watch Y&R for any reason but would like to know what happens there with our B&B characters.

• Love 1

I desperately hope that one of you Y&R watchers will post the details of the Rick/Caroline stuff here.

Ask and you shall receive!  But you may regret it...

I moved it over to the Small Talk thread.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1

Wyatt had me cracking up today; the expressions on his face when he realized his Silver Bullet had been "stolen", and then when he saw Hope. Darin Brooks does comedy so much better than the whole romantic, leading man thing. Non of this bodes well for Wyatt though; I just don't know what to make of any of it.

As I grew more and more irate with Katie today, I suddenly saw what they were going for. Katie is letting years of anger and frustration out, and that is ok, except she is striking at the wrong target. Brooke is not responsible for Katie's "issues", that is entirely on Katie herself. I really dislike it when people bring up history and act like something bothered them, or they had a problem with something someone did, but at the time they were all supportive. Katie brought out the oversized piping bag today, because she was layering it on THICK. I am glad Brooke didn't rise to her bait; that is what Katie wants, for Brooke to lose it. To start crying and beg Katie to forgive her, and let's get back on track. Huh Huh Katie, I think those days are over. Not only have you turned on Brooke, you have turned on her children by supporting Ridge in his endeavours to unseat Rick and slow down HFTF. As a heart transplant recipient, you turned on your family and friends at large by faking a medical condition that did not exsist. You have turned on your nephew RJ, by trying to pry him away from his mother in an obvious attempt to cement your position with Ridge, regardless of the fallout for RJ. You have turned on your son by not allowing him to see his father. You have turned on untold employee's of Spencer Publication's by allowing their company to tank in order to extract your pound of flesh from Bill. At the end of the day, there is not a whole lot to like about you Katie. Throw in your superior manner, your snarky, smartelic delivery, and I'd say you are about as comtemptable a character as B&B has had in a long time.

Having said all that, let me also say that I love it. I love this disparity they are creating between the "good" and the "bad" sister. Brooke hasn't had a good nemesis in a while, and if one thing gets Brooke's motor going, it is someone messing with her life, or her kids, or her man. Need I say Stephanie and Taylor? Clearly, Katie doesn't know who she is dealing with. Brooke has never been malicious, and I can only think of a handful of times when she purposly went out of her way to hurt someone. Considering all the things she has been accused of over the years, that is pretty amazing. And Brooke is not really acting like her normal self; I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is different. In any event, they certainly have my attention.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6

As a heart transplant recipient, you turned on your family and friends at large by faking a medical condition that did not exist. You have turned on your nephew RJ, by trying to pry him away from his mother in an obvious attempt to cement your position with Ridge, regardless of the fallout for RJ. You have turned on your son by not allowing him to see his father. You have turned on untold employee's of Spencer Publication's by allowing their company to tank in order to extract your pound of flesh from Bill.

When Katie said that Ridge wanted somebody "drama-free", the part in bold was the first thing that popped into my mind as I rolled my eyes.  But all of these other points also reinforce just how "drama-free" Katie isn't.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1

Well, RuntheTable, I'd quote what I agreed with about your post, but I'd have to quote the whole thing, very well said!

When Katie was bragging about all she is (mother, CEO...) all I could think was, just WHEN does she work??? Seems to me all she's doing is running around town arguing & driving home that point about how happy and secure she is.  It looks like they're setting it up for Brooke to work with Bill on getting SP back.  I hope that's where this goes, it should be good!

• Love 1

Going back to her Y&R days, I've always thought that Heather Tom's chief facial expression is "I smell poo!" That made a lot more sense for her when Victoria and Ryan (or was it Cole) lived in the Tack House.

• Love 1

When Katie said that Ridge wanted somebody "drama-free",

Yes, I forgot to mention that; drama free? Katie? Oh, Katie may be drama free in the "public scandal" department, or the whole using your sexuality thing, but most of the things that Ridge is claiming to not want, are the things he has always loved about Brooke. What he has done is trade one type of drama for another. Bill tried to warn him about what he was getting into, but Ridge knows Katie better than anyone now, and he knows, he just KNOWS, that Katie isn't like that at all. She is sweet, and innocent, and far superior to Brooke in the morals and ethics department. Let's see if he still feels that way after Katie's insecurities get the best of her and she starts ranting and having hysterics, and giving ultimatums or disappearing for days or weeks; and don't let me hear her pull the PPD card this time. When you think about it, Ridge has already had a taste of it with Kaite's fake fainting shenanigan, but I guess he is ok with that because it was really all about him, and Katie's great love for him. No matter that it caused a lot of unnecessary worry for her family, and what a way to repay Brooke for her loyalty and for her doing the right thing by Katie, Bitch.

When Katie was bragging about all she is (mother, CEO...) all I could think was, just WHEN does she work??? Seems to me all she's doing is running around town arguing & driving home that point about how happy and secure she is.  It looks like they're setting it up for Brooke to work with Bill on getting SP back.  I hope that's where this goes, it should be good!

I forgot this as well. I won't take away from Katie being a mom, but as far as a CEO? I think what bothers me the most about Katie's claims of being this and that, is that she is not very good at any of it. Frankly, I think she likes to play house, and CEO, and the woman who has it all. As I said, I won't take away from her being a mom, but she is not thinking in the best interest of Will by denying Bill visitation; she is thinking of how best to make him pay for falling in love with Brooke. When Brooke took FC's from the Forrester's, she had a damn good reason, and was perfectly justified, as she had worked there for some time and had already been a contributing member of the company. I was glad to hear Brooke point that out to Katie, although Katie didn't seem all that receptive, but the truth and all.......What Katie did to Bill in regards to SP's was just ridiculous, and now the company is in trouble. I too hope Brooke steps in to assist Bill in righting the ship; I am starved for a good company/buisness/takeover SL, because Katie and Karen stealing SP's just didn't do it for me.

Another thing I forgot was Katie's remark to Brooke about her having a "selective memory". No Katie, you are the one who is rewriting everything, how else can she play the victim to Ridge? Sure, Brooke and Bill may have behaved badly, although I would only say that up till the "Ring Removal Boink". After that they did the right thing and called a halt to their relationship out of love and concern for Katie, who then betrayed them both by installing surveillance cameras. It was that action that drove Bill to make his final and permanent decision to end his marriage. After that, I have no problem with anything that happened between B/B. So Katie, go suck some more lemons with your revisionist history of Brooke stealing your husband. Oh, and before I forget, NO ONE can be stolen. You were not making Bill happy, you were not being a good wife, you DROVE the man away sweetie. Go tell Ridge about that.

Katie said, "Enjoy my husband."

Oh, I think Brooke will do just that. And it will drive Ridge crazy and will make Katie's head explode. She is not happy or secure with Ridge, and seeing Brooke and Bill getting on with their lives, loving each other, and being happy will be her and Ridge's undoing, because Katie's goal is not to be with Ridge, but to make Brooke pay for Bill loving her.

Going back to her Y&R days, I've always thought that Heather Tom's chief facial expression is "I smell poo!" That made a lot more sense for her when Victoria and Ryan (or was it Cole) lived in the Tack House.

I always felt HT was way overrated on Y&R; it is funny, but all I can remember is her constant blubbering, and Mr. RunthTable's remarks about "they must pay that girl to cry, because that is all she does!"

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 3

Thanks for the mention of the "enjoy my husband" comment Katie made, I SO wanted Brooke to say something about that.  I know when I got divorced the words "my husband" were never again uttered by me!

I also liked Brooke bringing up how she worked as a chemist & made many contributions to the company when Katie brought up how mad Brooke was when Taylor worked at Forrester.  And when Brooke said "Taylor is a psychiatrist", I wanted Brooke to finish that with "and a very bad one at that!"

• Love 1

When Brooke took FC's from the Forrester's, she had a damn good reason, and was perfectly justified, as she had worked there for some time and had already been a contributing member of the company.

...and it should be remembered that Brooke was actually willing to sign over BeLieF to FC...but oh, no, Stephanie had to meddle and so they screwed up (I think) 3 separate successful negotiations by resorting to trickery and deception -- the last of which was Brooke recognizing FC attorney Steve (I think that was his name?) as the the masseur that tried to influence her decsion -- but the worst of which was RIDGE deceiving Brooke into signing as a symbol of their love <gak!> because he was going to leave Taylor for her...which was a blatant lie (sound familiar, Katie? it should, because EVIL Bill and GOOD Ridge are far more alike than you want to believe) because he had no intention of leaving Taylor. It was only because Ridge was a doofus and left the signed copy of the papers with Brooke and took the blank ones that Brooke didn't get hosed THAT time. How I loved the scenes of Brooke tearing up those papers...IIRC in Stephanie's stunned and formerly gloating face.

So...is the Bill/Katie divorce final or NOT? It should be by now...and if so, then Bill is no more still Katie's husband than Ridge is Brooke's, and Katie does love to point out that Ridge was not Brooke's husband when she stole him ...oops, I mean she could not fight her feelings for him.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 2

It was rich watching Quinn get upset about Liam interfering; maybe now that you know how it feels you will think next time before YOU DO THE EXACT SAME THING QUINN. And I want to give props to Wyatt for handling the whole thing like an adult, although he was a bit bossy with Hope, but I put that down to anger. I like how he just asked for his keys, made a remark or two and left. I also like how he told his mother to stay out of it, and I hope he calls her on not doing as he asked. I am not sure how I feel about this SL, I am unable to decide if I am invested or not. I like all these players so much better when they are not interacting with each other, but I do like Hope and Wyatt, and I like how they are allowing them to take it slow. They are even allowing them to have some semblance of a normal courtship without a lot of talk about rushing to the alter.

Why do they keep having these unfinished conversations between Katie and Brooke? Twice now these two have been in the throes of a heated discussion, well maybe not a discussion, more of a tongue lashing being given by Katie. The last conversion ended without Brooke responding, and so did this one. And I see they continue to build the disparity between the "good" sister and the "bad" sister. Brooke was handling the fallout of Katie's tirade like an adult, calmly and truthfully, telling Donna that Katie is on a power trip. And even after the way Katie behaved to Eric and Brooke, she still stated that she wants to try and patch things up with Katie. Cut over to SP's. I laughed out loud with the look Katie shot Justin. Just another sign of Katie's immaturity and lack of business experience and acumen. Maybe she has it confused with home, but the business world is not all sunshine and roses, and you don't engage in warm and fuzzy chats. In the business world those in charge are answerable to those with a vested interest in the business; namely Justin. Giving Justin your high school death glare isn't helping your cause any. And generally, when the new, part time CEO holds a quarterly meeting to discuss the flatlining profits, they go out of their way to explain how it happened, and the actions they have been taking to stop the bleeding. What they don't do, is start lecturing the offended person who has a vested interest in the business, about the state of the economy, because it must have escaped their attention.

Now I can add another trait that I hate to Katie's ever growing list; LIAR. I fairly nearly choked when Katie told Karen that Brooke and Bill won't let it be, and want to keep the "feud" going. Granted, Bill did go tearing over to see Ridge, and that was out of line. The sad thing is, Bill was only trying to help the dolt out, and only spoke the truth. But please tell me what Brooke has done? I have watched every episode and I don't recall those interactions. What I do recall is you Katie, riding your high horse all over town, spouting about your happiness. And Ridge's happiness. And Brooke's badness. Funny thing is, Brooke wasn't bad when you were riding her coattails as a teenager, and even into young womanhood. Brooke wasn't bad as she furnished you with a nice lifestyle that all came from her business sense, and her success at Forrester Creation's. You know, the place you said Brooke didn't belong. Brooke wasn't bad when she supported you with Bill, even though she didn't like him, and everyone else was against it. Brooke wasn't bad as she helped you recover from your heart surgery. Nope, seems like Brooke only became bad after Bill fell in love with her. Sorry Katie, but you did that to yourself. No one, man or woman, can live in a loveless marraige. No matter what Bill tried, you just would not be a wife to him. Instead, you wanted to fold clothes and smother Will. Add in the rules and restrictions, and Bill felt more like a prisoner than a husband. And at the core of it all, I think that is what is burning Katie alive. She knows she drove Bill away, she knows how her wedding vows went; remember those Katie? To take Bill as he was and never try to change him? In your heart you know you fucked up, and you are spitting mad that Brooke is able to make Bill happy. And she does it without even trying.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5

When Katie eagerly asked Karen, "Do you know about Brooke and Bill?", did she forget that she also changed her relationship status?  If Karen hadn't already known about her and Ridge, would she have volunteered the information?  They really are making Katie as unlikeable as possible.

Caroline was on Y&R again today.  I'll put a short recap in the Small Talk thread for anyone interested. 

• Love 2

LIam never should have kidnapped Hope...but it did seem like there is still a lot of unfinished business there between them. I feel like Hope is kind of using Wyatt still...she has feelings for him but he's not THE guy and she knows it.

I can't STAND the way Quinn is with Liam -- how she barges into his house and physically assaults him...and of course if he were to retaliate against this VIOLENT INTRUDER, he'd be the bad guy? Quinn is crazy and I am getting very very tired of her getting away with her shit, time after time. I want just once for someone else to witness the crazy, like she was with Aly when she was holding her over the railing: Quinn was INSANE then -- she looked absolutely demented.

Katie saying BROOKE wouldn't let it go? Who the hell was in Eric's office, trying to control FC and Eric's decisions?

Brooke is doing the same thing with her plea to Karen; the difference is, Ridge's situation and recent defeat at power-grabbing at FC came out of him trying to mess with success. Katie is apparently NOT being all that successful at CEO of SP. And newsflash, Madam CEO: the recession was going on a year ago, and was worse, when Bill was running SP quite successfully and profitably.

HA! to Katie with her sweetly empty offer to Karen "Is there anything I can do?" about the strained relationship between Bill and Karen. Like there is anything SHE could do, when Bill can barely stand the sight of her and is so unhappy at her continuing to withhold Will from him? Oh, sure, Bill is going to listen to Katie dictate how he treats his sister...because that's the only way Katie seems to know how to communicate these days -- issuing orders and dictating terms.

If Karen was truly Machiavellian, she'd make Katie and Bill work together at SP as co-CEOs!

Why doesn't Katie just fire Justin, anyway?

The writing does seem to be making Katie more unsympathetic by the day.

• Love 5

I agree, Snaporaz, especially since Katie gave her typical "I am the SHIT" smirk as she repeated "Madame CEO"

I figured I must have been hallucinating as I was watching today's show when Katie said she wants to make things better with Brooke, but Brooke just won't let it go.  I mean surely she must remember SHE was the one barging into Brooke's house & Eric's office a day or so ago, not vice versa.  That SHE is the one who has been touring the greater Los Angeles area professing how happy & secure she is with Ridge.  Yeah, that's better, I must have imagined today's scene...but Annsterg and RuntheTable saw it too, so I guess it really happened. Damn! :)

I loved Liam holding back Quinn's arm as she tried to slap him.  She even got ME scared with that look of rage she gave Liam.  I just hope she's not made into a full blown psycho.  I like the idea of her as a person who is quite normal most of the time but can go completely off the rails if you set her off.  I find this type of character a lot more interesting than a predictable Sheila type of villain.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

The board meeting at SP seemed all kinds of wrong!!

First of all, there were only four people in attendance- one of them being Katie's assistant. I thought that Katie fired Justin after Bill tricked her into signing SP back to Bill. Where was the rest of the Board of Directors? Where was Bill, who owns 49% of SP? Why was VP Liam off kidnapping Hope instead of at the board meeting?

How is it that SP is still expecting large profits gains when the rest of the newspaper and magazine publishing world is dealing with lowering circulations and struggling with how to monetize its internet presence?

And business dealings at Forrester Creations are not any better. 

• Love 3

That was supposed to be a board meeting? GMAFB! I thought it was just a meeting to get Karen caught up with what is going on at SP. BTW, Karen would be an idiot to keep supporting someone who is running her family biz into the ground.

• Love 1
Brooke is doing the same thing with her plea to Karen; the difference is, Ridge's situation and recent defeat at power-grabbing at FC came out of him trying to mess with success. Katie is apparently NOT being all that successful at CEO of SP. And newsflash, Madam CEO: the recession was going on a year ago, and was worse, when Bill was running SP quite successfully and profitably.

Good point annsterg; the argument could be made that Brooke is doing this out of spite, but knowing the character I would never believe that. Brooke does things out of love; she loves Bill and knows how unhappy he is with the situation at SP's. So, in this instance, I see it as Brooke going to bat for Bill and not stabbing at Katie. I believe Karen will turn Brooke down for several reasons; she has never been Brooke's friend, but she is apparently very tight with Katie, and, for what ever reason, Karen is gunning for her brother. I was glad to at least hear Karen acknowledge how supportive Bill was when she came out. The main reason I think Karen will turn Brooke down is to force Brooke's hand, and propel her to give Bill those papers. Something Brooke would have already done if she was behaving the way Katie painted it to Karen, but as I have said before, Brooke has not historically been a vindictive person, and has done very few things out of spite. Anything she did out of spite in regards to Stephanie is A OK in my book.

And Katie, once again showing how green she is when it comes to business. Apparently Katie doesn't understand that the CEO is answerable to those with a vested interest in the business; namely Justin. Also, when the new, part time CEO holds a quarterly meeting to discuss the company's flatlining profits, they are prepared to discuss what is happening, how it happened, and their plans to right the ship. What they don't do is lecture the offended party, or the person with a vested interest in the business, about the state of the economy, and how they must have missed the recession. They also don't engage in juvenlie behavior like giving Justin your high school death glare.

First of all, there were only four people in attendance- one of them being Katie's assistant. I thought that Katie fired Justin after Bill tricked her into signing SP back to Bill. Where was the rest of the Board of Directors? Where was Bill, who owns 49% of SP? Why was VP Liam off kidnapping Hope instead of at the board meeting?

How is it that SP is still expecting large profits gains when the rest of the newspaper and magazine publishing world is dealing with lowering circulations and struggling with how to monetize its internet presence?

And business dealings at Forrester Creations are not any better.

Agree on all points; B&B has never done business right.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 1
I can't STAND the way Quinn is with Liam -- how she barges into his house and physically assaults him

I loved it.  I hope today's episode opens up in LA County General Hospital with a black-eyed, fat-lipped Liam with his arm in a sling.  I wonder if Hope will still respect him when she finds out he got beat up by Quinn.

As a long time viewer, it was so nice to see two original cast members have lunch.  They both look great.

• Love 1

Something I find interesting.  All of the fallout of Ridge's aborted power grab at FC and Eric's ultimatum about CEO is being played out by Brooke, Bill, Katie and now Karen.  Where is Ridge?  We haven't seen him since Bill's visit to his office.  I guess Bradley felt it better that we see the Liam/Hope/Wyatt fandango one more time (seriously give it up Liam) but he apparently doesn't show up again until next week.

• Love 1

Where is Ridge?  We haven't seen him since Bill's visit to his office.  I guess Bradley felt it better that we see the Liam/Hope/Wyatt fandango one more time (seriously give it up Liam) but he apparently doesn't show up again until next week.

This is likely due to the sweet deal TK has, where he is telecommuting to LA to shoot B&B but lives (I think, IIRC) in NYC? so he's only available a couple of days a week, if that. But yeah, it's weird that all these people are running around LA talking about Ridge and the man himself is nowhere to be seen.

Where was Bill, who owns 49% of SP?

That is an excellent question but...viewers must abandon all logic and reason when it comes to how business is portrayed on B&B.

I mean surely she must remember SHE was the one barging into Brooke's house & Eric's office a day or so ago, not vice versa.

Dude! it is the SAME DAY as Katie's haranguing of Eric -- she's still wearing the same outfit and Brooke is still in the white dress. So it literally was only a couple of hours in the same day, between Katie shading the truth to Karen and her actively stirring shit up (aka NOT LETTING IT GO, what she accused Brooke and Bill of)!

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

Word to that, LittleIggy. Quinn is WORSE in this regard than Stephanie, because she doesn't really hide the crazy, the obsession, and the violent tendencies anywhere near as well or as long as the Original Bitch Mommy did.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

With all the sucking and screwing done by Hope and lemon lips Wyatt, how do they ever get anything done at work?

I can see a Quinn/Liam hook up.  She's so desperate for a man, that she'd do anyone.

Does Quinn -- who thinks she knows everything and understands everyone's true motivations -- not know or understand that Liam was in fact NOT born with a silver spoon in his mouth? does she not actually know that he grew up without the Spencer name and influence and that he started at Spencer as a lowly computer tech, before his paternity was determined?

Because she sure acts like it -- like Liam had something she and Wyatt didn't AS LIAM WAS GROWING UP! And does she know that his current VP position at Spencer is due to KATIE, post-Bill, and is a reflection of his performance? Because she acts like Liam somehow has been given something he doesn't deserve. Does she not know Bill well enough to understand that he would never tolerate a loser slacker god bricker working for him?

Guess Quinn doesn't know everything.

• Love 3