Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Seriously? Quinn and Eric survive one whole serious obstacle to their HEA and the writers are dropping anvils about putting them with other people.  If they want to put Quinn and Ridge together (YUCK, btw!) they should do it slowly.  Give Quinn some business challenges and successes that reluctantly win Ridge over.  Have Eric be threatened by her success and feel left out enough to sabotage their marriage by his unwarranted jealousy. Then break them up if they must.  It's not a very original plot (I'm sure this board could come up with 15 better before noon) but I'm not watching for original, I'm watching for engaging and that would keep me tuning in every day.  Right now I can't believe I was dumb enough to fall for another romance on this show. Why bother? 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, politichick said:

So, I misunderstood yesterday after seeing just the last 10 minutes and didn't actually understand what a jewelry pass is. I agree that it's kind of a fun idea. 

In this particular case, the models will wear very plain black mock-neck gowns, to accent the featured jewelry designs.

I saw something similar at Nordstrom's for a David Yuman jewelry trunk show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I despise Nicole and she sure as fuck can't act, but I'm glad she's not forgiving Zende right away and she's right to call him weak. He should not have boinked Sasha and I'm mad at Sasha, too, for not valuing herself more.

There are times I'm convinced Zende is the worst character on this show.  This is one of those times.  He's such a self-absorbed, short-sighted flake.  Sasha is too good for him, by far.  Hell, Nicole is too good for him.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I thought Puffy's Priscilla Presley Harper Valley PTA hair was the worst. I was wrong. The stick-straight, center part did her ZERO favors.

All I could think of was that she looked like Morticia from The Addams Family.(doo doo doo doot click click)

I see Pam's crazy came out in full force (as if anyone thought she was "cured" of her batshitcraziness). I have no use for this character or Charlie for that matter. 

Who do these people ^ think they are...threatening the CEO of the company they "work" for?? Their cartoony-ness does not serve this storyline well at all.

I am rooting for Quinn to rock it at the fashion show.

OMG! Mee too. Soooo much!!!! Go Quinn!

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

There are times I'm convinced Zende is the worst character on this show.  This is one of those times.  He's such a self-absorbed, short-sighted flake.  Sasha is too good for him, by far.  Hell, Nicole is too good for him.  

All he needs is a broken engagement and to hand Nicole's ring to Sasha and he'll basically be Liam circa 2011.

More than anything goes else, I hate how the men on this show seem to skate on their shitty treatment of women. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Anna Yolei said:

All he needs is a broken engagement and to hand Nicole's ring to Sasha and he'll basically be Liam circa 2011.

More than anything goes else, I hate how the men on this show seem to skate on their shitty treatment of women. 

I so agree.  They're portrayed as these prizes, when, in actuality, anyone who cares about these women would say "girl, dump him and don't look back. He's no good!"  

When Ivy said the models were all too tall, I immediately said "well, Quinn is Steffy's height."  I floved watching Steffy have to sit backstage watching Quinn wear "her" showstopper.  And Ridge having to go out there with her?  Icing on the cake.  

On a shallow note, I don't know how Wyatt can stand back there, between Ivy and Steffy, and even give Steffy a passing thought or glance.  I'm still holding out hope we end up with another shot at Wyatt/Ivy.  

And just say no to Katie/Eric.  I'd be great with her being someone who's in Quinn and Eric's corner, after sitting there with Eric and seeing how much he loves her, and after she "got" what Quinn was doing with the jewelry pass.  I know Katie needs a new love interest, but, let's put the emphasis on "new" there.  Bring in someone who hasn't slept with at least one of her sisters.  Of course, I'm still good with Katie/Liam.  She and Quinn are the only ones he's had real genuine chemistry with.  

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Who do these people ^ think they are...threatening the CEO of the company they "work" for?? Their cartoony-ness does not serve this storyline well at all.

I'm reminded of a former intern of a company who wrote to Ask a Manager: she was pissed that a guy in their office wore tennis shoes to work when they could not. The interns all filed a complaint to demand casual dress. the boss gathered them in his office and promptly told them to pack their shit. 

The intern then writes, "the worst part is the guy was a vet with a prosthetic and couldn't fit into dress shoes but no one told us till after we were fired!" She'd been there less than two weeks.

The intern at least, will grow out of her entitlement complex. Pam, not so much.

• Love 6

So Katie comes to see Eric in full war paint. What's up with that?  If that are going to screw with everyone's relationship except for Rick and Maya than I just have to call it major bull shit.  It's soap opera "law" that fucking with relationships is a must. 

Once again, fuck Maya and the horse she road in on. Bug eyes are definitely not a good look on you.  I'm glad that Sasha is not intimidated by the person who's shit didn't stink. 

On a high note, Quinn looked absolutely fantastic as she slowly turned toward the audience and flashed her amazing blue eyes. Steffy would have paled in comparison. Neither the dresses nor the jewelry are my cup of tea but what do I know?  I'm from the generation of mini skirts and leisure suits.     

• Love 8

I haven't watched today's episode but just the fact that there's going to be a fashion show (on a show that is supposed to be all about fashion) has me excited.

That and seeing Quinn excel...despite her haters.

I'm sure it'll be the same old shit on Monday.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

So Katie comes to see Eric in full war paint. What's up with that?  If that are going to screw with everyone's relationship except for Rick and Maya than I just have to call it major bull shit.  It's soap opera "law" that fucking with relationships is a must.   

I guess Katie is taking up on her recent wish to be more like Brooke and inserting herself in a marriage that doesn't need her dubious involvement.

Once again, fuck Maya and the horse she road in on. Bug eyes are definitely not a good look on you.  I'm glad that Sasha is not intimidated by the person who's shit didn't stink. 

Loved Sasha shutting her down and placing the Nicole/Zende breakup blame squarely where it belongs.

On a high note, Quinn looked absolutely fantastic as she slowly turned toward the audience and flashed her amazing blue eyes. Steffy would have paled in comparison. Neither the dresses nor the jewelry are my cup of tea but what do I know?  I'm from the generation of mini skirts and leisure suits.  

The pastel dresses were Marchesa style gowns, particularly the "napkin" gown (Hat Tip to Nanu160). The beige gown was a knock-off Charles James "Butterfly." Each jewelry pass model wore too much jewelry to highlight any of the pieces.

RS sold that dress (wonky peaked bodice and stiff napkins over a mountain of white tulle). The fit was perfect on her and she was radiant.

• Love 7

I thought the gowns, except for the supposed show stopper, were beautiful, and a lot of the jewelry was fantastic.  Anyone know where exactly the jewelry came from?  

I see Puffy is now taking after daddy with her greasy hair look.  Definitely NOT attractive.   

I don't get why Katie was at the Forrester mansion in the first place.  You mean to tell me that someone as powerful as $Bill can't get his own son into one of the best schools in LA, so Katie has to run to Eric?   That's a very stupid reason for the writers to use.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 7

It's telling that Ridge, Steffy and Brooke were all on board to ruin a Forrester Creations fashion show, by deliberately withholding the show stopper. I do not understand how any of them justify their infantile plotting and belligerence to Quinn when it works against their professional interests, and is another direct attack against Eric.

This has stopped being about protecting Eric, Steffy or Forrester Creations from Quinn's evul avarice. This is all about Ridge swinging his dick around, proving he the one and only male Forrester with the mojo to lead the family and FC.

Quinn bringing down the house in the show stopper threw all sort of shade on Ridge's dissipating, dare I say, shrinking mojo.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 13

OMG, really?

This is so lame, a teenager could do it.

And actually *did*...the very first episode I watched was back when FC and Spectra had a show down, and a frustrated CJ switched the.music for the Forrester line to some slow Celine Dion-esque song. He did some other equally lame stunt as well, but at least there were some stakes involved with what he did that went beyond a glorified temper tantrum.

• Love 2

Quinn's first fashion show was a hit (although I wish she'd announced the new presentation of the Forresters Jewelry Line to complement the fashions so that the viewers at the show knew what they were looking at since this was a first for the Forresters). But when she modeled the "show stopper", HOME RUN, QUINN!!  And screw you, Ridge and Steffy. I sincerely hope that Quinn will tell Eric how they tried to sabotage her and the show. Then he fires their sorry asses. But she'll try to be the bigger person and not put Eric through that stress and sadness about his kids/grandkids, etc, etc. As if he didn't already know. And send Katie away, please. Do Not Let This Ridiculous Story Line Happen. That will truly be the end for this show, one of the few left. Go Quinn!!!!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Oh, I have no problem with fucking around with relationships. Happy couples being boring couples and all that. 

What I hate in B&B's case that they no longer invest in any couple anymore. Excluding both Triangles of Doom, in the last ten years, this show have had three long-standing pairings with Eric/Donna, Katie/Bill and Rick/Maya; and the latter in large part I suspect because Bell is too chickenshit for a backlash if Rick were to cheat on a her with a cis woman.

ETA: Four with Jackie/Owen, and their breakup took self sacrifice to the extreme. To this day, I have no idea why Owen slept with Bridget, but it was clear through the entire pregnancy that neither was in love with the other....the way Caroline/ThomAss and Y&R's Phyllis/ButtBiscuit should've been written.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

I believe that "cis" refers to a woman who was born female and identifies with that gender. (In other words, she's content to stay with being a woman.) I don't know from what term "cis" is derived though.

@Anna Yolei, Happy Veterans Day!  Thank you for defending us (both in the world and here against TIIC!)

I was certain that after the childish foot stomping by Sludge that Quinn would end up wearing the show-stopper.  I didn't care much for the dress, but she did look beautiful and radiant.  I was also applauding when Quinn shut that petty cat fight shit down between Sasha and Maya. Agree that if Rick and Maya hadn't "no pressure intended" -- approach Nicole about popping out another kid, none of them would be in this situation.  I thought that was a little needy and presumptuous of Sasha to start pressing Zende about "us."

I agree with Cupid Stunt that those models were loaded up with way too much jewelry. It's been ages, and I mean ages, since I worked in fashion merchandising, but doesn't the fashion house usually have some type of program that the guests receive that includes more details about the entire collection? They could have included more information about the jewelry line there.  No wonder the audience was confused. Interestingly enough, there was a segment on the local news this morning about how to style jewelry for the holidays.  A rep from Kendra Scott was on with some models and she had them loaded down with every type of piece imaginable with the intention to wear all of them at once.  I didn't care for that look either on or off the runway.

Friends, was it just me, or was it being mega-watt telegraphed today that Quidge is on the horizon?  During that last scene, the sparks just sizzled. I'm not denying that TK and RS have chemistry, but I just don't want to see them together. Eric and Katie would be such a boring couple. Please don't tell me that this is going to end up as another one of her FUs to Brooke and this time, Bill and Donna.  I was seeing some little cracks in Quinn's demeanor during the fashion show, that made me think the cray-cray was fighting to get out.  I think she's going to have some kind of meltdown over Katie watching the fashion show with Eric and it will be a downward spiral from there. That makes me so angry. Queric didn't even get off the ground.  Steffy's gonna jump off a cliff (YES!) when Quinn eventually becomes her step-mother.

Oh, the reason why Eric had to pull strings to get Will into prep school (isn't he kind of young?) is because the head master and TPTB at the school hate $Bill. Any surprises there?

• Love 12

Prep school is a term I've heard applied to those super elite pre-k schools that have waiting lists from the moment the mom's pee test turn blue.

12 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Steffy's gonna jump off a cliff (YES!) when Quinn eventually becomes her step-mother.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You know, if that along with yet another evul Logan bedding her grandfather does drive Steffy over the same cliff as Phoebe, I might forgivethese idiots for removing the football away from us. 

33 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "cis" woman? I'm 68 years old and don't keep up with the new nomenclature.

What grisgris said, although I have no idea where the term originated either.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Quinn's first fashion show was a hit (although I wish she'd announced the new presentation of the Forresters Jewelry Line to complement the fashions so that the viewers at the show knew what they were looking at since this was a first for the Forresters). But when she modeled the "show stopper", HOME RUN, QUINN!!  And screw you, Ridge and Steffy. I sincerely hope that Quinn will tell Eric how they tried to sabotage her and the show. Then he fires their sorry asses. But she'll try to be the bigger person and not put Eric through that stress and sadness about his kids/grandkids, etc, etc. As if he didn't already know. And send Katie away, please. Do Not Let This Ridiculous Story Line Happen. That will truly be the end for this show, one of the few left. Go Quinn!!!!

When Eric initially seemed perplexed by Quinn being the model, I had a fear that this was going to turn into him somehow thinking that she was just using him to advance herself, and that she willfully substituted herself in without telling him.  Then, that would start the build up to (ick) him being available to Katie.  But, then he seemed so thrilled with how great she looked and how well she did with the show, so I was relieved.  I do hope that she tells him what happened, though, so that there can be no chance for anyone (Ridge/Steffy) to insinuate anything like that to him.  

• Love 5

Nice of Pig Pen to give Puffy some of his hair grease. WTF was with that look? Puffy with her hard look would have been awful in that dress. BTW, why wasn't Maya, who was always telling everyone that she was FC's HEAD MODEL, modeling the showstopper? All she did was model the jewelry as a walking display. 

Has Will been SORASed? I've never heard of a pre-schooler going to "prep school."

• Love 5

S.oap O.pera R.apid A.ging S.yndrome

That's when a character who came onto the show as a newborn or young child suddenly shows up a few years later, way way older than they would be in real life.

Yeah. I thought the same thing about Will that next week we'd see him and he'd be 6 or 7 years old.  But, as another posted explained, that given the competition to get into "good" schools, parents actually have to start applying/lobbying as soon as the kid is barely in diapers.  As I thought about it, there are a few schools in my area that are like that.

• Love 5

I'm scratching my head over how Ridge/Steffie thought that holding back the 'show stopper' would reflect poorly on Quinn?

Eric would of course be told that they pulled their little elementary school stunt, and therefore would hold Quinn blameless if the fashion show tanked.  

So wouldn't it just make Boris & Natasha I mean Ridge & Steffie look worse?     

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, donovan said:

I'm scratching my head over how Ridge/Steffie thought that holding back the 'show stopper' would reflect poorly on Quinn?

Eric would of course be told that they pulled their little elementary school stunt, and therefore would hold Quinn blameless if the fashion show tanked.  

So wouldn't it just make Boris & Natasha I mean Ridge & Steffie look worse?     

And, since Ridge is the head designer of record, wouldn't it reflect poorly on him. in terms of the media and fashion industry, if there was no show stopper?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 11

On a very positive note, that was actually one hell of a glamorous fashion show. One with actual models, wearing actual couture designs and not discounted prom dresses that the costume director bought at Ross. And just the general energy of the whole episode flowed. It's been a long time since they've had the whole cast together for one big event like this. Quinn was running shit like a boss, shutting down the Maya/Sasha pissing match...dear God, can anyone in the Brat Pack that passes for the YA group NOT have their family fighting their battles? And  then when Dumb and Dumber decided not to put out the dress for reasons, she pulled a Brooke and got right on that runway! Brava!

And longtime viewers probably recognized the music at the end of it as Ridge went onstage as being one of the background themes they used to play. It was nice to hear it being used again. I am curious what inspired such detail, overall? I'm not complaining AT ALL, but I'm hoping the budget allows for more stuff like this. Y&R is getting a renovation that is 12 years overdue, and I hope for B&B to get the same.

Almost forgot: Eric brings up how Katie ran FC for  a while, and she replies "I'm surprised anyone even remembers"....indeed, how could I forgotten when her pissing contest with Steffy gave us HFTF for five frigging years, long than any line that wasn't Brooke's Bedroom got focused on? ;) But, it was a nice call to the show's past that feel all too rare.

Like everyone else, I'm confused as to Ridge's motivations here. This isnt like the DARE campaign where they no longer owned the company or any of the other times he tried undermining FC because he had personal gain elsewhere. This is the textbook definition of cutting ones nose to spite their face. Eric was severely ill but not terminally so. What does he think will happen after the show fails and he comes back? That he'll sign annulment papers?

Speaking of which, while that last scene was very well played by Kaye and Sofer and I see it for the chem test that it is....sigh. Just let us get to know Queric before breaking them up, Show? That pairing was a hard sell as it was after Captive Cabin and you know....coming out of nowhere. But chemistry in daytime TV has overcome far more horrific things, Luke and Laura *coughs* so don't be so rushed to split them up, least of all for Ridge's behalf. Twenty five years of him being some prize during Ronn Moss's time was about twenty too many. 

• Love 11

I don't mind harmless Pam and Charlie but those 2 ruined every scene they were in this week. Not sure I get the point of them. 

And I liked Friday's episode but am also kind of confused about Steffy.  She looks like she wants to give in to logic, then she either pulls herself back from the brink of doing something positive for FC in spite of Quinn, or Ridge pulls her back.  

Speaking of Ridge/Steffy, am I the only one who sees some flashes of inappropriate chemistry with JMW and TK here and there, especially lately?  Okay... just me then.  :-) 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

I don't mind harmless Pam and Charlie but those 2 ruined every scene they were in this week. Not sure I get the point of them. 

And I liked Friday's episode but am also kind of confused about Steffy.  She looks like she wants to give in to logic, then she either pulls herself back from the brink of doing something positive for FC in spite of Quinn, or Ridge pulls her back.  

Speaking of Ridge/Steffy, am I the only one who sees some flashes of inappropriate chemistry with JMW and TK here and there, especially lately?  Okay... just me then.  :-) 

Nothing against Ally Mills, but at this point, I'm more than happy for the character to ride off into the sunset with Charlie and use what I'm sure has to be a sizable salary amount to hire some new actors with no tires to Forrester, Spencer or Avant families. Pam just doesn't work without Stephanie to bounce off of.

I liked Steffy buying a fucking clue, and I wonder if this will be the next conflict? Not with fighting Quinn, but Ridge to secure her own legacy. This is one of those times I would've welcomed Taylor's presence to tell Ridge to not fuck over their kids after all the work Steffy has put in there. I don't think she and Ridge have ever been on the outside the way he's been with Thomas on many occasions pre-Caroline. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, grisgris said:

Yeah. I thought the same thing about Will that next week we'd see him and he'd be 6 or 7 years old.  But, as another posted explained, that given the competition to get into "good" schools, parents actually have to start applying/lobbying as soon as the kid is barely in diapers.  As I thought about it, there are a few schools in my area that are like that.

I'm wondering if they will keep Will the age he should be since HT's real life little boy is playing Will. He is so cute...looks like his Mom.

• Love 3

Anna Yolei, exactly what work has Steffy put in to FC? Seems to me that she has spent most of her time screwing around with Waffles and Lame, trying to help her dad disrupt Quinn's efforts, etc. What is her "job" really? What does she actually do at FC? In my opinion, she's a spoiled brat who's never really had to work at a job in her entire life. Just like the rest of them at FC. On another note, I used to enjoy the comedy relief of Pam and Charlie but no longer. They can go on a long, long trip somewhere. The writers need to trot some new folks into this show-how many people can sleep with/marry someone who's already slept with/married their mother/father/sister/brother/aunt/uncle/cousin. There are millions of people in LA. Find some of them. 

• Love 10

"Work" was shorthand for having gotten the company back from Bill ages ago by blackmailing about their not having sex ten seconds before Katie came home...that was a loooooooooooong time ago, predating even her relationship with Waffles. Mostly, I need anyone to put a boot up Ridge's ass and make him care one iota about anyone. I'd rather it be Brooke, but even Taylor under the guise of "think of our spoiled, entitled children who are old enough to get jobs of their own" would work.

....has Kaye shared a scene with Hunter Tylo at all....ever?

Oh, now I understand what you were saying. Sorry for misinterpreting, friend! I guess I wasn't watching then or have forgotten that lame story line. I do agree with everything else you've said here. Thanks for the explanation.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, grisgris said:

S.oap O.pera R.apid A.ging S.yndrome

That's when a character who came onto the show as a newborn or young child suddenly shows up a few years later, way way older than they would be in real life.

I've heard of people applying to "elite" pre-schools when their kids are infants. I've never heard of a pre-schooler accepted to a prep school.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nanu160 said:

Just give Will A metro Cross necklace, Alison can get him to Montessori, and SORAS HIM to 19 in 6 weeks, might save SHOW

PS guys, its FICTION

Knowing these jokers, the only thing to come outta that would be one more Spencer for Steffy to fuck the next time she gets dumped.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Knowing these jokers, the only thing to come outta that would be one more Spencer for Steffy to fuck the next time she gets dumped.

Bill would be so proud if all three of his sons managed to hit that for him.  

• Love 5

Quinn rocks!  RS can do no wrong IMO. She looked beautiful.  Nice touch taking her  hair from kinda stringy at first (I wondered about that) to being coiffed perfectly on the runway.  But perfection.

Ridge is beyond Buttbiscuit ugly attitude (Y&R viewers know what I'm talkin' 'bout).  I loves me some TK and I'm sad he has to play this.  He can do so much more (like SC...he is totally wasted as Liam).  Zach & Kendall on AMC were swoon worthy.  Ridge is acting like an egotistical 7 yr old.  A phrase I heard Trump described as this morning on the talking heads....go David Brooks!

Eric & Katie....just no.   Quinn & Eric are so perfect together.  You know they have to fuck it up.  Can't make us viewers happy or anything.

Loved all the clothes in the show.  Give me slinky sparklies any day.   The showstopper was a nice 50's throwback.  I'm in the vintage clothing business and I sell the tulle 50's prom dresses all the time. 

Agree with too much jewelry at one time.  Jewelry pass is a fantastic idea.  Ridge was just being a dick (and if he really wanted to mess up the showstopper he should have hid the damn thing somewhere).  Maya had so much jewelry on I couldn't focus on one piece.  Sasha had on one necklace (maybe two but they coordinated) which were to die for!

Ok...I'm still grumpy from the election.

You.  My lawn.  Get off!

• Love 16

I love Quinn with Eric, though I do think they sugarcoat her a bit much. But I thought we were getting a ToD with Bill/Ridge/Brook?  Is it going to end up being a hexagon of doom?  (Brook/Bill/Ridge/Quinn/Eric/Katie?)  Heaven forbid! 

• Love 4
On 11/11/2016 at 3:38 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

I guess Katie is taking up on her recent wish to be more like Brooke and inserting herself in a marriage that doesn't need her dubious involvement.

Loved Sasha shutting her down and placing the Nicole/Zende breakup blame squarely where it belongs.

The pastel dresses were Marchesa style gowns, particularly the "napkin" gown (Hat Tip to Nanu160). The beige gown was a knock-off Charles James "Butterfly." Each jewelry pass model wore too much jewelry to highlight any of the pieces.

RS sold that dress (wonky peaked bodice and stiff napkins over a mountain of white tulle). The fit was perfect on her and she was radiant.

Marchesa has a relationship with this show. The gowns in the opening credits are by them which probably gives Show the gumption to duplicate their style now. 

I have always been on the fence w Katie since Bridget is my number one character on this show ever and Katie took a shit on her relationship & feelings. Yet sometimes Katie has valid, defendable points when it comes to matters in her own relationships. This makes her seem hypocritical and confusing. That being said I felt recently when looking at her body of work on daytime Heather Tom has the ability and presence of a prime time actor. It's a shame she's not on Scandal, Criminal Minds, or Greys Anatomy cuz I think she'd thrive. 

Puffy is such a control freak. 

Rena Soffer is so pretty. 

Zende has a good body and is a Forrester but so what? He's bland. Ridge has always been a dick but at least he's romantic and intense, so I could see why women fought over him.  

Agree Pam and Charlie can go. I especially dislike Charlie he should be on a Saved by the Bell sequel or character on a Disney show. It's a travesty Ally perished and Charlie and Zende remain. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 7
On 11/11/2016 at 11:40 AM, tessaray said:

Seriously? Quinn and Eric survive one whole serious obstacle to their HEA and the writers are dropping anvils about putting them with other people.  If they want to put Quinn and Ridge together (YUCK, btw!) they should do it slowly.  Give Quinn some business challenges and successes that reluctantly win Ridge over.  Have Eric be threatened by her success and feel left out enough to sabotage their marriage by his unwarranted jealousy. Then break them up if they must.  It's not a very original plot (I'm sure this board could come up with 15 better before noon) but I'm not watching for original, I'm watching for engaging and that would keep me tuning in every day.  Right now I can't believe I was dumb enough to fall for another romance on this show. Why bother? 

Not on this show.  This is the only soap I've ever watched that goes fast in terms of Hi, how are you, I can't stay away from you, let's do it, I love you, marry me, I'm over it, divorce, revenge against you is coming - in one week!  Steffy couldn't have left the Screecher and waited to hook up with the other one for two weeks?  

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 5

Zende and Nicole just need to call it a day. How many times have these two broken up and gotten back together in the short time they have know each other? And neither of them can make a decision and stick with it, choosing instead to make life altering choices on their own, then expecting the other to just understand. They are both emotionally immature, and they are both annoying. More annoying is knowing that somehow Sasha is going to come out the big loser; Maya has already started the campaign. Now let me tell you a little somepin, somepin about Miss Maya. Did I really hear that bitch saying something to Rick about how could Zende? Has Maya forgotten how she and Rick paraded their affair around, creating open warfare in the office? And did she also say something about Zende just letting the dust settle before taking action? Right! Just like you did after dropping that bomb in the meeting about Ridge and Caroline. I am sure you remember! Rick ran out and you stalked him to the cabin on Brooke's property, where you found him drunk and in despair, and you took advantage of both. Oh, and you can take your Sasha bitch face and sashay someplace else too. Nice way to screw up a new idea, by starting an argument just before you were to take the stage. But it didn't look like Sasha was all that put out by you. So, I don't know Maya, maybe you should just shut the fuck up.

There is no way I could ever support a Eric/Katie pairing. It is beyond ridiculous. It is also gross and it is also disgusting. They already tried this when they had Katie fly to Dubai with Eric when Ridge was MIA. It didn't work then and it isn't working now. I feel like I am watching a grandfather and his granddaughter. Much more than I ever feel with Eric and Steffy. Can't you just let Eric and Quinn be happy for a few months? Why do I keep investing in these pairings if you keep tearing them apart in a few weeks?

Of course Ridge wanted the fashion show to fail, in his mind that proves that only he can run a good show.  It doesn't matter if Quinn's show fails through belligerence or immaturity or sabotage; all that matters is it fails, and Ridge can run to Eric with "I told you so" emblazoned across his forehead. And Puffy, dear Lord, was she not the embodiment of the cheap, street smart henchman? With her 50's Brylcreem comb over and elaborately winged eyes, the only things missing were a wad of gum and a cigarette, but I digress. I found them positively hilarious. Trying to come off so badass. Thinking they was a Squad.

Quinn was ready for all the Mother Fucker's though. She ran that show like a pro, and just like a pro, she stepped up and did what had to be done to make it a success. The fact that she looked beautiful, not only in the gown, but in her success, was just extra icing on the cake. I floved every single minute of it. Watching Rumple's and Puffy's face cracking as they watched the show going off without a hitch was delightful.

Most importantly for me though; for the first time in a very, long, long, time, that seemed like a real fashion show. I liked very much that there was some conflicts erupting backstage. Some of the best shows have featured the backstage drama, and the build up to the show stopper. In these latter years most of the backstage stuff has just been crappy; lacking the same energy and vibe that we had Friday. Throwing in the old music was genius. It felt like the old days, when Brooke and Ridge would come out together and raise their hands in triumph. But what is really scaring me is how much I enjoyed that banter between Ridge and Quinn. I did. I thought it was great. Why do I feel that Quinn is a woman that Ridge couldn't manage? I think she would snorkel his sausage, and wash it down with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti. I am totally confused with my reaction to this. I love Quinn and Eric together. They are so cute and so sweet. But those sparks I was getting from Ridge and Quinn were about a thousand times brighter than the ones I got from him and Caroline 2.0, and those were pretty damn bright. Caroline was a girl compared to Quinn.

I wish Wyatt had stuffed some papers in Steffy's mouth or something. Just shut that philandering harlot up.

Brooke loved positively ravishing!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7

I'm telling you, TK can set off some sparks when he wants to.  I didn't like him with Caroline - he did seem too old for her, and that relationship never seemed fated to last.  But he and Quinn are both older, have been around the block a few times, and could be very interesting together.

I loved each and every dress they showed Friday.  Not so crazy about the jewelry.

• Love 2

Fri. 11/11 recap

Happy Veterans Day!

Preparations for the fashion show are underway, with various cuts to folks getting ready backstage.

Quinn tells Wyatt and Ivy about Pam's ridiculous attempt to scare her. Quinn clearly doesn't scare easily.

Like the juveniles they are, Pam and Charlie are telling the interns (real professional there) about Pam's antics.

Quinn attempts to corral the troops but they are busy being little bitch babies to actually stand there for the 30 seconds it would take to listen to her speech. Assholes, all of them.

Eric to Katie, who is watching the show with him: "Wow. I'm very impressed." It's a bottle of champagne, Eric. I'm sure you have hundreds in your wine cellar. Let's hope she keeps her gratitude for Will getting into snob-city prep academy to the champagne. Plus, she can't drink and he hasn't been cleared to drink, so what was the point of this, exactly?

Brooke, looking amazing, elegant up-do and all, (please do her hair like this more often, show) tells Ridge they need to hurry up so they won't miss the show.

Ridge, ever the team player, mumbles something about getting lobster rolls. 

Steffy whines about not wanting to wear the show-stopper. Um, isn't that her job? Although her hair, to quote Mama CountryGirl, makes her look like Bowsher from Sha-Na-Na.

bb-11-11-16-2.jpg

Quinn gives a quick run-down and pep talk:

"Hey, everybody! All right! It is almost showtime, okay? So I just want to make sure that we are all on the same page, right? So, I'm gonna make the introductions, and then it's gonna be fashion pass, fashion pass, fashion pass, then jewelry pass, then showstopper -- amazing -- and then, ridge, you will come onto the runway at the very end for your well-deserved bow. Great, right?" It sounds like a great plan to me and she even gives some ego-stroking for Ridge, which is more than I would have done.

Rick and Maya blather on about poor widdle Nicole and her feelings and not being able to make it.

Maya is still on her high horse, I see, about Sasha sleeping with Zende. 

Zende is boo-hooing to Sasha and why she should even entertain this loser's whinings, I have no clue. Sasha's face looks like she regrets every moment of sleeping with him.

Wyatt and Ivy give Quinn a pep talk...awww.

Slouchey is there, already hitting on a recently-broken-up-with-her-boyfriend model. Like father, like son. 

The models start lining up and I have to say, if I were a rich gal, I'd snatch up every last one of those dresses, starting with the first one, a gorgeous purple floral number.

Katie and Eric are loving what they see and you can see the pride in Eric's eyes.

Maya and Sasha are two of the jewelry pass models (which seem odd choices to me, but whatevs). Maya needs to get ready but she's too busy giving Sasha the stink eye and has the nerve to say: "How could you betray Nicole like that again?"

Notice once again that she, along with Nicole and Rick, conveniently forget it takes TWO (1+1) to tango yet Zende gets zero shade.

But Sasha isn't going to be a doormat. Naw, hon, not this time.

Sasha: "Well, maybe you shouldn't have asked her for another baby, Maya. So who's really to blame for their breakup?" Preach it to that bitch, girl. Preach it loud and proud.

Maya, clearly bristling from being put in her place, whines to Quinn about needing to switch places so she doesn't have to walk down the aisle with Sasha.

Quinn: "Okay. I've got 99 problems, and a switch ain't one, so go line up, please. Please!" Quinn, have I told you lately that I love you?

I agree there should have been better setup for the jewelry pass as well as not so much jewelry piled onto the models.

Maya walks out, looking every inch the bitch she is. So much for doing her damn job and selling the jewelry unless she's trying to scare the customers into buying. And that gold cuff necklace looks like a snake, which is fitting so there's that.

bb-11-11-16-3.jpg

Sasha works the runway and the jewelry. I'd buy what she's selling in a heartbeat.

Steffy is still playing hard ball with wearing the showstopper even though we all know the attention whore in her is dying inside at having to listen to daddy.

Quinn, momentarily panicking, asks Ivy to pinch hit, but Ivy argue she's too tall.

Wyatt even resorts to begging Steffy to wearing it, who at least has the good grace to look conflicted, although it's hard to tell with all the Botox.

Brooke and Rick, doing the right thing for once and putting the company first, tell the anxious to bolt crowd that "they're just building the anticipation."

And then we hear Ivy's voice say this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, Forrester creations is proud to present... our showstopper."

Steffy's face cracks.

Ridge's face cracks as he blusters "Who's wearing my gown?" He sounds like one of the Three Bears.

The audience is already applauding as Quinn takes center stage, rocking the gown as if it were made for her. The lights catch her luminous blue eyes and seem to be coming from inside her. 

Eric is dazzled as well he should be. 

The applause is a crescendo now and Ivy (love her, too) announces Ridge, who has no choice but to walk out there.

Then we have this little exchange:

Ridge: "How dare you?" He smiles through very gritted teeth.

Quinn: "Aw, this little old thing?" Her smile is the real thing.

Ridge: "I hate you." The feeling is mutual for all of us, Ridge.

Quinn: "I know. But someone had to wear it." And you are wearing the hell outa this dress, Quinn.

Ridge: "I hate everything about you." Could they BE anymore obvious about where this is going? 

bb-11-11-16-4.jpg

And it's all so, so unnecessary. There is plenty of drama to be told, with Quinn finally finding her footing as an executive, with Eric coming back to find his wife firmly in control and some strife over new roles but them coming out all the stronger for it. I'd even be okay with Ridge making a play for Quinn but her shutting him down cold and that being the final nail in the coffin where Ridge defects and forms a rival fashion house. Let him go full-on villain, the show needs one and TK could play it masterfully.

We could even see others, Steffy, Brooke, conflicted as to where to turn. So many possibilities, including fashion offs, something we haven't had since the glory days of Forrester vs Spectra. 

• Love 22
On 11/11/2016 at 8:43 PM, grisgris said:

I don't know from what term "cis" is derived though.

For the record, Latin for "on this side of", more specifically...

word-forming element meaning "on the near side of, on this side," from Latin preposition cis "on this side" (in reference to place or time), related to citra (adv.) "on this side," from PIE *ki-s, from root *ko- "this" (source also of Old Church Slavonic si, Lithuanian šis, Hittite ki "this," Old English hider, Gothic hidre "hither;" see he). Opposed to trans- or ultra-. Originally only of place, sometimes 19c. of time; 21c. of life situations (such as cis-gender, by 2011).

• Love 2