Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

An interesting thought pop up in my mind. Tptbs can introduce balance of power to B&B so the stability between competing forces is assured. . Instead of having two fashion houses, they can bring another one. Why not have Ridge and Caroline leave the Forresters and start their own design company?  Then we have will three major powers, Wyatt/Ivy, Ridge/Caroline and the team of losers lead by Steffy, Liam and Thomas. This will make sure no one fashion house is strong enough to dominate all others. 

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 3

*Waves*      Thank you!     I can't get enough of TK and LG together either!      

Thomas really does have a creep factor to him.      I' was trying to figure out who he reminds me of with his unusual eye contact and lurkish behavior and it's Hans Klopek from The Burbs!   

e48587b574337dde013bc867e742718d.jpg?ito

Actually Creepy Jude Law reminded me of James Warwick when he first came to LA.  James always give me the hebejebes when he was around Taylor. 

Taylor spend awful lot of time with him and accompanied him to Scotland. They shared couple kisses together though she was happily married with Ridge at the time... Eventually, Taylor deflowered James after he told her he would have liked to make love to a woman before he died in Big Bear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NiQTQBYX30.  After the Big Bear incident, James started dating Brooke and Taylor went back to Ridge. All hell broke loose after she found out about James/Brooke... I only watched portion of this story online.

The other thing I remembered was Hunter Tylo's comment about the relationship between her character and James was more than friendship. She said Taylor had developed feelings for James after treating him as a patient.   

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 3
Tptbs can introduce balance of power to B&B so the stability between competing forces is assured.

There's no drama in stability!  In a rivalry between two fashion houses (I can't wait for the name of the new one!) there has to be a victor and there has to be a loser!  As long as Steffi and Liam are on the losing side I'll be very happy.

What will be the name of the new house?  House of Spencer?  Sounds like Princess Diana's old stomping grounds.  Spencer Designs?  Spencer Creations?  The House That $Bill Built?  I Shouldn't Have Deleted The Video & Associates?  Definitely Not Forrester Creations?  KIWI (Kate/Ivy/Wyatt International)?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 8

There's no drama in stability!  In a rivalry between two fashion houses (I can't wait for the name of the new one!) there has to be a victor and there has to be a loser!  As long as Steffi and Liam are on the losing side I'll be very happy.

What will be the name of the new house?  House of Spencer?  Sounds like Princess Diana's old stomping grounds.  Spencer Designs?  Spencer Creations?  The House That $Bill Built?  I Shouldn't Have Deleted The Video & Associates?  Definitely Not Forrester Creations?  KIWI (Kate/Ivy/Wyatt International)?

Lol, many countries in the world adopted balance of power in their international relationship, and yet there are still drama, competition and crisis (ISIS, Middle East, Ukraine, India/China/USA etc) around many places. The things that make balance of power interesting is not the unaccomplished ultimate goal but the journey, struggles and decisions (defensive or offensive) that each player will make under different conditions etc.  There is more to balance of power than meet the eye. I could see that writers bring it on the show. 

Edited by sweetautumn

If the Spencer gang starts their own fashion house, they'll need an actual clothing designer, right? Wonder if they'll convince Thomas to jump ship? (Or if he'll convince them to bring him on; the Forrester name alone carries a certain amount of cachet.) And wow, that would mean Ivy could be the face of whatever high-falutin' name they come up with. Suck it, Steffy.

• Love 4

Lol, many countries in the world adopted balance of power in their international relationship, and yet there are still drama, competition and crisis (ISIS, Middle East, Ukraine, India/China/USA etc) around many places.

I would agree that there is much more story potential with balance of power, but only in the hands of good soap opera writers.  Unfortunately B&B doesn't have many of them.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4
An interesting thought pop up in my mind. Tptbs can introduce balance of power to B&B so the stability between competing forces is assured. . Instead of having two fashion houses, they can bring another one. Why not have Ridge and Caroline leave the Forresters and start their own design company?  Then we have will three major powers, Wyatt/Ivy, Ridge/Caroline and the team of losers lead by Steffy, Liam and Thomas. This will make sure no one fashion house is strong enough to dominate all others.

But where will Rick and Maya fit in? I don't see them working well with any of those teams!

The House That $Bill Built?  I Shouldn't Have Deleted The Video & Associates?  Definitely Not Forrester Creations?  KIWI (Kate/Ivy/Wyatt International)?

Laughing now............

If the Spencer gang starts their own fashion house, they'll need an actual clothing designer, right?

Did my ears deceive me the other day or did someone say something to Zende about becoming a designer?

• Love 3

I'm definitely going to need more Bill-rolls-his-eyes-at-these-people reaction shots before he near-inevitably gives in and springs for this fashion house that Wyatt wants to run and "earn," absolutely not because of Ivy getting fired, and certainly not because Liam was handed everything and he wasn't...whoops, never mind.  I'm rolling my eyes at these people.  But my earlier post stands: if we're finally getting our first rival fashion house in nearly four years, I'm going to grin and bear it.

I'm kind of over Steffy, though.  She's only rarely allowed to show any sort of remorse or reconsideration for her increasingly bitchy actions, and that's when she's alone with Liam.  It's plot-mandated, I know, but it still sucks.

• Love 9

I'm definitely going to need more Bill-rolls-his-eyes-at-these-people reaction shots before he near-inevitably gives in and springs for this fashion house that Wyatt wants to run and "earn," absolutely not because of Ivy getting fired, and certainly not because Liam was handed everything and he wasn't...whoops, never mind.  I'm rolling my eyes at these people.  But my earlier post stands: if we're finally getting our first rival fashion house in nearly four years, I'm going to grin and bear it.

I'm kind of over Steffy, though.  She's only rarely allowed to show any sort of remorse or reconsideration for her increasingly bitchy actions, and that's when she's alone with Liam.  It's plot-mandated, I know, but it still sucks.

You make a good point about Steffy. These characters need to be fleshed out more. Too one dimensional. Maybe that isn't realistic on a half-hour soap but it would certainly be more interesting for the audience.

• Love 2

Maybe that isn't realistic on a half-hour soap but it would certainly be more interesting for the audience.

Please don't blame the half-hour format, Edge of Night had three-dimensional characters in storylines so complex, my head would spin.  Blame the writing, or lack of it.  If Steffi's a nasty bitch, show us why.  If she has any redeeming qualities, don't tell us, show us.

• Love 7

Please don't blame the half-hour format, Edge of Night had three-dimensional characters in storylines so complex, my head would spin.  Blame the writing, or lack of it.  If Steffi's a nasty bitch, show us why.  If she has any redeeming qualities, don't tell us, show us.

Oh I am not blaming it, just speculating. I don't know enough about the process to give anything but thoughts based on speculation.

I'm still amazed that there more investigating into Aly's death by, um, I don't know.......the police!!!!!! The scooby doo gang of Steffy, Liam, Wyatt & Ivy act like they didn't know the girl or her father. I know it's a soap but Thorne was on for two days & then poof! Is he even still in LA?

• Love 3

I'm still amazed that there more investigating into Aly's death by, um, I don't know.......the police!!!!!! The scooby doo gang of Steffy, Liam, Wyatt & Ivy act like they didn't know the girl or her father. I know it's a soap but Thorne was on for two days & then poof! Is he even still in LA?

Who cars about the police when Pam and Charlie will be on the case. As usual, they will be getting to the bottom of this Ivy/Steffy debacle. Don't underestimate the power of the Lemon Bar. I also don't think that Quinn is going to let this rest either especially if Wyatt and Ivy form a new company.

The scene, in the lobby today, reminded me of the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman. "I know you are but what am I? Steffy, Ivy's face is not the magic mirror on the wall, from Snow White, and Steffy your not the fairest of them all. In fact, I'm sure that Steffy can be the new Buffy. She doesn't need a wooden stake or a silver bullet she can just suck the life out of the vampire.

On the other hand, Ivy smile can light up the night. I see a lot of passion in Wyatt while Liam is just a slug. I think Wyatt gets a lot of his passion from Quinn. With Katie on board, we know that Bill will be coming around.

Once again B&B had ignored CA contract law if not their employment laws. Yes, Carter Ivy's contract can be terminated at any time but you left out the words with cause. Ivy sues and the cause would have to be anything other than I just wanted too.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 13

I think Thorne went back to Paris.  I'm kind of surprised that Taylor didn't come over with Thorne in the wake of Aly's death.  Not that I need to see Hunter Tylo, but she is supposed to be this world-renowned psychiatrist, you would think that of all things, she would actually be relevant in that situation.  Cause, you know, her DAUGHTER was involved somehow in the "accidental" death of her own cousin.

It's obvious to me that Nicole is going to be the head designer of Spencer Designs.  Because, she's got TALENT, of course.  In Bell A, where Bridget went from being a medical student to a full fledged practicing doctor of everything pretty much overnight, anything is possible.

I haven't been paying attention, what happened to Rick and Maya?  When Puffy took over, did they just get fired?  Not that they need the money, but what are they doing?  I can't see Maya and Rick going to Spencer Designs.

When is the "Fashion Off", featuring all of 3 dresses each, going to happen?  Of course it's going to be Ivy and Puffy each modelling their company's "showstopper".  I want this to happen to Puffy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmoqGTpVfjA

• Love 4

I will say that JMW looks like a drag queen next to Ashleigh Brewster. I don't think Wood's is that much older but with hair, mascara & lips she looks like a Kardasian wannabe. Maybe, she is. I had forgotten about Rena Sofer. She looks really good now that her hair isn't goth black. I'm still if I like Don Diamonts hair. He's a little long in the tooth for such an extreme cut. Yup! That's me the shallow fashion & hair police. Granted, I would never show you what I look like so please don't judge. LOL!!!!!

• Love 11

Welcome back PsychedelicTrip !

So two seconds after questioning Ivy's firing, waffles starts dropping hints that they should fire Wyatt too ? Nice job bro.

Kudos to the writers, they've made me completely change sides on the Chicken vs waffles battle. If that was their intention.

"Leave you drawings." I don't think I've ever hated Steffy more.

For some reason $Bill's hair reminds me of Pip Boy from the Fallout games.

• Love 8

A rival fashion house might be a good idea but IMO, that just means more Steffy/Liam screen time and I just can't.  I think I may have to go back to watching all 5 shows on the weekend, so I can watch on the tv and use the remote to FF anything Steffy related. 

• Love 5

No, but a priest/minister or civil official, witnesses, and a marriage license would help :)

I read this as priest or minstrel and cracked up cause I was picturing a renfest guy in tights and a hat with a mandolin..... lol  I'm still laughing

• Love 2

All this talk of another fashion house had me thinking about Darlene Conley and Sally Spectra. Darlene Conley would've definitely worked well with Rena Sofer when Wyatt and Sally undoubtedly pilfered Quinn from FC (could you have imagined all the schemes Sally and Quinn would have spun and the mayhem they would've created?).  And I think Sally would even have had good comedic chemistry with Wyatt.  Gosh, what might've been!  Having Spectra and Spencer merge would have been fantastic-- could you have imagine the board meetings with Sally and $Bill holding court?!  I'm sad that this won't ever happen in life.

The only possibility is the return of a well cast CJ (and I don't trust B&B to do this) which would probably mean that Wyatt, Ivy and CJ would get into another B&B triangle and the story would no longer be about this new design house taking down FC and would inevitably be about another damn triangle.

• Love 8

If the Spencer gang starts their own fashion house, they'll need an actual clothing designer, right?

RuntheTable quote

Did my ears deceive me the other day or did someone say something to Zende about becoming a designer?

Thomas invited Zende to work with him designing ... umm ... stuff.

It is entertaining -- Wyatt proposes to open a new fashion house with $Bill's filthy lucre, and on the same day the viewers are told Ivy used to design clothes at one time! It's fate!

And just like a Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland 1930s movie: "My dad's got the money and media connections. Ivy can design and make the dresses. I'll MC a fashion showdown!"

• Love 4

When did Katie run FC? Whatever, I wonder what $Bill's reaction will be when he finds out about the video that Wyatt so conveniently didn't mention. Or the real reason Ivy was fired. Ridge's reaction should be interesting too. He takes one afternoon off and Steffy goes wild...

Hope Ivy and Wyatt don't have non-complete clauses in their contracts.

And just like a Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland 1930s movie: "My dad's got the money and media connections. Ivy can design and make the dresses. I'll MC a fashion showdown!"

GMTA. I was just going to make a "My dad has an old barn! Let's put on a fashion show!" reference. The whole thing is so simplistic but I can roll with it if it leads to Steffy's cracked face on the floor and her mop of hair trying to scurry away in embarrassment.

I predict Wyatt will convince Nicole to come over to the Spencer side to be a dancing model. KMN.

• Love 4

This time Ivy would have been within her rights to play the "Not a Real Forrester" card since Steffy was so hateful. Ivy is part of the Forrester bloodline not Bratz. I wanted to slap the smug off her face, but I would probably break my hand on the fillers and implants.

Why is Liam the Golden Son? Because he got his wee man into Bratz? Wyatt has much more initiative, IMO.

I still wish someone would find that bloody tire iron with Steffy's prints on it and take it to Lt. Baker.

• Love 14

Amen to LittleIggy! I am sick of people "taking the high road."  If I were Ivy, I would have told that bitch in no uncertain terms that I was a blood Forrester and I'll be damned if Steffy is going to tell me that I can't come on the premises of my family business!

Waffles is indeed whipped, isn't he? He and Steffy don't even look that happy when they're together. What was with the forced crocodile tears from Steffy with the "you don't know what I went through" nonsense. To call JMW a bad actress is being kind.

Katie: "New project? A competing fashion house? Hmmmm.... Sounds like it might be a good idea." (Thinking: A chance to finally stick it to Steffy? Sign me up -- like yesterday!")

• Love 16

Please don't blame the half-hour format, Edge of Night had three-dimensional characters in storylines so complex, my head would spin. Blame the writing, or lack of it. If Steffi's a nasty bitch, show us why. If she has any redeeming qualities, don't tell us, show us.

Agreed.

Nearly all the major soaps began as half hour serials, and managed to weave plenty of good story. Some stories would just get shelved for weeks at a time until there was need to advance said plot. And it was next to impossible to FF the show without missing something important.

• Love 7

Nearly all the major soaps began as half hour serials, and managed to weave plenty of good story.

Actually I remember some were even 15 minutes waaaay back in time. Yeah, quite a few of the 30 minute shows could keep you on the edge of your seat, so to speak...corny organ music and all! lol

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 8

Maybe they could name it Sugarbaker Designs in honour of these awesome ideas . I know that Sugarbaker Designs was interior design but that makes as much sense as Ivy making the sudden leap from jewellery to clothing design.

House of Ivy...Ivy League Fashions.....

and Poison Ivy for the lingerie line?

• Love 5

It appears that Miss Bossy Britches Marone thinks she is in control of....well......everything. Not only did she fix her mouth to tell Ivy she was fired, but she also told her she was no longer welcome at Forrester and that she cannot interact with family members; as she quickly shooed Pam away. Oh yes, and where she will live and what she will do, because Ivy's days in LA are over and she will be returning to Australia. Now normally, I get a rush out of watching women get their swag on, but I felt nothing but contempt as I watched that life sized Bratz Doll throwing her hair around. Observing her bat those Egyptian lined eyes, while sporting her Cheshire Cat smile, made me want to pick up something big, and long, and hard, and rough, and shove it as far down that entitled little TayTot's throat as her pontoon sized lips would allow. Yes, hearing Medusa Marone crowing about "manipulation" caused me to whip out my hypocrisy yardstick in an effort to accurately measure her fraudulent fakery. 

As if that were not enough, they go and throw Nitrous on my already inflamed senses by allowing that organic gasbag to wax on about how Ivy did a bad thing. HA! I also wanted to cram something done LittleMe's piehole in the worst way! Hey, you know what Pilgrim? Here is something for you and your Mistress to chew on, maybe the Dingo ate the video and will poop it out at his next scheduled delivery. All Ivy has to do is disinfect and deliver the evidence to Lt. Baker. And OMG, the show really went in for the kill by having that mop headed Marone come back to the office and start crying about how terrible it all was. Yeah, it was. But you, my dear, are so dreadfully unlikable, that I simply don't care anymore. 

I hate to be mean, but when I look at Bill's new do all I see is this:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24100000/bobby-brown-bobby-brown-24129412-400-550.jpg

Now, I loved me some Bobby back in the day, so cute and so talented, but the look just isn't working on a middle aged man; just my opinion. 

Katie's eye's were simply glittering with her desire to be put in a position of payback. Oh yes, I see her pulling her drawer open and getting out her box of Lemon Heads, while she figures out a way to convince Bill to do Wyatt's bidding. Katie would be in her glory if she could bring down Steffy, Ridge and Brooke all at the same time. 

Ivy is a designer now? When did that happen? 

It didn't go unnoticed that organic boy was actually rather nice and civil to Quinn. This renews my hope of them having some banging hate sex. Of course the little barnacle would have to do some bartering with his current Mistress in order to convince her to scrape him off her ass long enough to throw down with Quinn. 

My entry into name the new fashion house would be - Waffleless Wears

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 15
And it was next to impossible to FF the show without missing something important.

FF? By the time VCR technology arrived were any of the original soaps still only 30 minutes? I know later on B&B and Port Charles showed up but I thought by the time VCRs became common all the original soaps had grown to an hour.

Whatever, I think soap-watching changed, perhaps for the worse, when spoilers became widely available on the internet. Before then either you didn't get spoilers or you only got them via the soap magazines. Even the rags that published every week were relatively vague on the details because producers knew that keeping the audience largely in the dark was better for keeping them wanting to tune in. Now it's possible to follow a soap by only reading spoilers and daily recaps; you really don't need to watch at all.

the show really went in for the kill by having that mop headed Marone come back to the office and start crying about how terrible it all was.

When I saw her getting all weepy-eyed after she'd done her Cruella de Vil meets Maleficent routine on Ivy all I could think was, "Bish, why you crying? You've still got your job and her man."

• Love 8

What happened to Quinn Artisan and their employees? Aren't Wyatt/Quinn just vendors to FC? Wyatt said that he didn't think he could advance in FC because it's run by Forresters. Advance to what position, you're a vendor. Or are we supposed to forget all that...like the writers have.

• Love 11

What happened to Quinn Artisan and their employees? Aren't Wyatt/Quinn just vendors to FC? Wyatt said that he didn't think he could advance in FC because it's run by Forresters. Advance to what position, you're a vendor. Or are we supposed to forget all that...like the writers have.

I know Tricknasty ....as a vendor, FC is only buying their work. They do NOT own Quinn Artisan...but Ivy was working at FC as an employee, right? So why couldn't Quinn hire her & stick it to Steffy that way? But wait, isn't Wyatt already a partner in QA? I thought he wasn't just an employee in his Mom's biz.....

Altho I have to say I would love to see Steffy have to explain the board members, shareholders, her Daddy or who the hell ever, that she was the reason this awesome new fashion house has been kicking Forrester butt.

• Love 5

Ah, the perfect romance of Ridge and Caroline. You could give me clips of these two all day, and I would still be screaming for more. Love them. Love them. Love them. I don't blame them one bit for wanting to circumvent all the drama their family members would have brought to a real wedding. All that matters is they are happy. Watching Ridge place his big man hand on Caroline's tiny little back simply gave me the feeeeelllllls all over. Jesus, just watching TK gives me the feels. I hope they come back to the office wearing tee shirts with We're (Ridge) Married (Caroline) on the front, and Fuck (Caroline) Off (Ridge) on the back. 

I thought Ridge running his massive hand and thumbs across Caroline's tiny belly and lingerie was sensual. Caroline's Cheshire Cat Grin as she stripped off his white shirt might be overenthusiastic but who can blame her LOL.

As for Rick and Maya, I really don't care which group they would fit. Maybe stick with the loser trio or Ridge/Caroline. 

• Love 4

I loved Bill and Katie today. If Bill was on the fence before, Liam and Steffy's behavior today pushed Bill right over the edge to Wyatt's side of things in creating his own design house.  "Anything you want to add Katie?" LOL That scene was just awesome. Bill is finally seeing Liam for the waffler baby he is. Katie who normally defends him wasn't even liking him.

Then loved Bill pounding is head against the wheel refusing to come in. 

Rick's really going to play he's not as bad as Steffy card? "At least I didn't fire a Forrester?" No, you just belittled and abused them mentally.

Spencer Designs? Seems boring name for Bill. I wish they'd come up with something more interesting. House of Spencer? lol 

Wyatt's awesome, he truly is the son of Bill.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 12
Rick's really going to play he's not as bad as Steffy card? "At least I didn't fire a Forrester?" No, you just belittled and abused them mentally.

You misquoted him.  He said, "At least I didn't KILL a Forrester."  Hehe.

Bill's "Anything you want to add Katie?" and Wyatt's "I can't have Deacon hanging around sexually harassing all of the female employees" were hilarious lines.

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 11

You got to love Quinn. She never holds back in telling Rick that Steffy was as brutal as him. I can see why Quinn and Bill had a mutual attraction. Both like to speak their minds. Loved Bill asking Liam "when did his choak collar get so tight that he could spit on the girl he recently married not so long ago"? Why in hell did Steffy and Liam think that it was a good idea to get in Bill's face? Are they on a "Magic Carpet Ride"? Even getting in Katie's face, in front of Bill, is not even remotely a good idea. We all know where this is leading and to Bill, 11 mil is chump change. He probably spends more than that on his hair cuts and muscle shirts. Wyatt also had a great analogy of Liam by saying that he lives in fear.

Rick and Maya have found the purpose in life is to deliver public service announcements. Rick sounded like he was giving respect to Maya's father's situation but of course Maya shut him down. Once again it's all about Maya.

OK, WTF was with Steffy's hair today. Was she channeling Wednesday Munster?

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 9

A rival fashion house might be a good idea but IMO, that just means more Steffy/Liam screen time and I just can't.  I think I may have to go back to watching all 5 shows on the weekend, so I can watch on the tv and use the remote to FF anything Steffy related. 

Ugh. I can't either. I just wish I felt some sort of attraction to Liam, it would make his B&B romantic leading status so much easier for me.

If they wanted to recast CJ this would be a good time to do it.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

The House That $Bill Built?  I Shouldn't Have Deleted The Video & Associates?  Definitely Not Forrester Creations?  KIWI (Kate/Ivy/Wyatt International)?

Foghorn Leghorn, on 16 Sept 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

House of Ivy...Ivy League Fashions.....

catalogrrr quote

and Poison Ivy for the lingerie line?

RuntheTable quote

My entry into name the new fashion house would be - Waffleless Wears

These are great!

In memory of Ally Forrester -- Alexandra Bespoke, Studio Alexandra, Alexandra & Ivy

• Love 7

RedRockRosie quote

I know Tricknasty ....as a vendor, FC is only buying their work. They do NOT own Quinn Artisan...but Ivy was working at FC as an employee, right? So why couldn't Quinn hire her & stick it to Steffy that way? But wait, isn't Wyatt already a partner in QA? I thought he wasn't just an employee in his Mom's biz.....

Quinn and Quinn Artisans are contract vendors to FCs jewelry line. Wyatt is an employee of FC as Jewelry Division manager. Ivy was a contract employee of FC in the Jewelry Division. Wyatt likely has a percentage ownership stake in Quinn Artisans.

• Love 4