Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

He and Brooke both ate some poisoned berries when they crashed onto some island, IIRC. They never had sex, but Stephanie bribed Thomas into letting Brooke think they had so she'd leave Ridge.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

He and Brooke both ate some poisoned berries when they crashed onto some island, IIRC. They never had sex, but Stephanie bribed Thomas into letting Brooke think they had so she'd leave Ridge.

I've only been watching the show solidly for a couple of years and I can't even wrap my head around that. Was Thomas a teenager when it happened? He and Brooke sure don't act like they have that kind of history together.

• Love 5

I've only been watching the show solidly for a couple of years and I can't even wrap my head around that. Was Thomas a teenager when it happened? He and Brooke sure don't act like they have that kind of history together.

He'd been SORASed long before that. For some odd reason, he had developed a crush on Brooke ("Odd" because, like Bill, he was one of three males in the entire show's history that flat out hated Brooke), going so far as to kiss her on the runway at the primer of his men's line.

Thomas was also dating Caroline when she first came on the scene before he list out to Baby Napoleon,but that too has been forgotten.

• Love 2

No! The boinkberry incident just happened a few years ago! It was AWESOME! Do yourself a favor and read this -- it has fantastic screencaps of the hallucinations!!!

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2011/04/preview-for-a-bold-and-not-so-beautiful-experiment.html

He'd been SORASed long before that. For some odd reason, he had developed a crush on Brooke ("Odd" because, like Bill, he was one of three males in the entire show's history that flat out hated Brooke), going so far as to kiss her on the runway at the primer of his men's line.

Who was the third? You've got me curious! Edited by minirth
  • Love 4

Nicely done, Thomas.

First -- You return to Los Angeles, filled with unwarranted pride in your design skills from previous experience and the chance to press your romantic case to Caroline (another one that got away) that your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father is not worthy of her attentions and he's a has-been in dress design. Your skeptical, wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father tears up one of your sub-standard designs, and you spend all the rest of your time resentfully charm Caroline for design ideas and editing, telling her your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father will disappoint, break her heart by tossing her aside, while you fantasize forcing yourself on her and sniffing her hair. You share a secret between the two of you (Ally Death Video), that you make her promise not to reveal to your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father.

Second -- Not one to let any infinitesimal opportunity pass by observing personal boundaries, you rape the woman you believe was wasting her time with your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father, because her tossed her aside and she didn't resist your drunken copulation technique. "Made love" was how you phrased it to Caroline when defending your actions on Rape Night. She responds with admonishments, crying out, tears and sobbing. You run away, trying to justify your actions on Rape Night, compiling a list of excuses like the thief who is very sorry he got caught.

Thirdly -- With Caroline's assistance, your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father grants you the much desired position on the design team, working directly with the woman you raped. She is less than enthusiastic with the news she will be working with the man who raped her, destroying her trust and personal safety.

Fourth -- Your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father announces he and the woman you raped are engaged to be married and plan a family, and he wants you to stand up for him and be his best man. You agree. Your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father leaves long enough for you to convince the woman you raped you had no ill intent after weeks of openly dismissing your father's personal integrity, insinuating yourself into their intimate life, fantasizing about being with Caroline and making excuses to work on your designs with her ...

Caroline: Are you sure that that's how it happened the other night? Because I still can't remember.

Thomas: Yes. And I'm sorry, but I did not take advantage of you. I'm not that guy, and you know that.

Caroline: It's just -- it's confusing, because I would never do something like that. I would never betray ridge and especially not with you.

Thomas: You broke up. I thought you were done. I thought you wanted me.

Caroline: That's the last thing that I wanted!

Thomas: That was not clear, caroline. Especially from the way that you were looking at me that night.

Caroline: Thomas! I told you I had taken pills!

Thomas: I didn't know that! I didn't! I was drunk! A-and I would never... okay, okay. Here's what I thought happened. You and dad were over. We made love. And I held you in my arms until we both fell asleep. You were content. You were at peace. And I thought... I thought that you were mine. Obviously, I was wrong. But you have to know, that is where my head was at. Nowhere else. Caroline, you know me. Do you -- do you honestly think I would ever do something so horrible?

Caroline: No.

Thomas: Thank you.

Caroline: Okay, so... moving forward -- and it's the only way that we can move forward -- ridge can never know. That night, it didn't happen. Okay? Because he and I are gonna be happy, and we're gonna get married, and we're gonna start a family, and it's everything that I ever wanted.

Thomas: You don't have to worry. I have never wanted to hurt you.

Yes. Very nicely done, Thomas.

Caroline is perfectly set-up for you to tear down the rest of her life with your wastrel, libertine, fuddy-duddy father.

• Love 18

Wow Caroline's outfit was cutesy wutesy today, suited the beach not an office.  Brooke and Steffy's faces have a waxy appearance and that braid, oy vay!  Ok now onto Bill!  He now has a side part, grey showing and his face seemed different...injections?

Sorry there is no storyline to talk about! 

• Love 6

With that big pulled-back braid, Steffy looks like an evil ant queen.

I thought Steffy looked more like a Preying Mantis and she certainly acts like one.

Why in the world is it ok for letting Maya alone to tell her secret to Rick but it's not ok to let Ridge alone to tell Caroline his secret. Caroline already said that not having any children was not a deal breaker for her with Ridge. Brooke, just go back to your vodka and leave them alone. You and Steffy are annoying the shit out of me.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 11

I thought all Steffi needed was a pair of harem pants and a bolero top and she could be the evil twin of I Dream Of Jeannie.  She could blink her eyes and have Ivy disappear.  

Loved Bill's snarky remark to Caroline about her having a collection of engagement rings.  Really honest on his part.  Don't like Bill's very outdated "fade" haircut.  That's been out for at least a year.  

• Love 4

Loved Bill's snarky remark to Caroline about her having a collection of engagement rings.

I think Bill's remark was about Ridge having a collection of rings. This will only be Caroline's second time being engaged, and for these people that's nothing :) 

I know this is unpopular, but I am thoroughly underwhelmed by LG's acting.  She sounded like a petulant child over Bill not being thrilled about the engagement..not so much because of the lines but how she delivers them.

I do think Steffy's braid looks ridiculous, but I think her face looks much prettier not having those mounds of hair hanging in it.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

Who was the third? You've got me curious!

Taylor's father Jack Hamilton. Coincidentally, the baby Taylor birthed with Brooke's egg was also named Jack, although I'm fairly sure he was Nick's mother's namesake because of the two, she was still on the show's canvas.
  • Love 3

I have to totally agree that "Steph" was trying to channel the Barbara Eden look. I say trying.

All I kept thinking was how bad Katie must have felt when she saw Caroline flashing that huge diamond around. All Katie had was that pathetic rumpled red ribbon of commitment. Sad Katie.

What's Brooke's deal anyway? Does she want Ridge back or just trying to ruin his life? What's up with TK? He's making Ridge look like he's got ADD or something. Some days (but not many) I actually prefer Ronnnnnn Mosssss' measured (wooden) delivery.

• Love 7

I actually prefer Ronnnnnn Mosssss' measured (wooden) delivery.

I must be obsessed, I had a dream that Moss returned as Ridge, and in my dream I said "Well at least Ridge now looks like he bathes."
  • Love 5
I know this is unpopular, but I am thoroughly underwhelmed by LG's acting.  She sounded like a petulant child over Bill not being thrilled about the engagement..not so much because of the lines but how she delivers them.

I do think Steffy's braid looks ridiculous, but I think her face looks much prettier not having those mounds of hair hanging in it.

Totally agree and she continues the trend in "The Culling" on Showtime. Steffy's braid looks ridic, but it is an improvement...

• Love 3

I think Steffy was trying to imitate the Kim Kardashian look, at least above the neck. She's probably 40 pounds short of being able to imitate KK's shape.

Taking bets. Ridge and Caroline's wedding will either be in Eric's living room or Bill and Katie's. Assuming the wedding even happens...

It's nary any of Brooke's business but she's right. Ridge should not marry Caroline without telling her about the vasectomy. Caroline should also tell him what Thomas did. Beginning a marriage with two huge secrets from each other is probably not a recipe for success.

All I kept thinking was how bad Katie must have felt when she saw Caroline flashing that huge diamond around. All Katie had was that pathetic rumpled red ribbon of commitment. Sad Katie.

Yeah, I'm gonna need Katie to make at least one snarky remark to Ridge's face about that.

Wow Caroline's outfit was cutesy wutesy today, suited the beach not an office.

Really. Hot pants?

• Love 7

What's Brooke's deal anyway? Does she want Ridge back or just trying to ruin his life? What's up with TK? He's making Ridge look like he's got ADD or something. Some days (but not many) I actually prefer Ronnnnnn Mosssss' measured (wooden) delivery.

I think Brooke is still looking for her pound of flesh out of Caroline after lying about Ridge's artistic block and their growing relationship to Rick. There is the unresolved history of DESTINY between the herself and Ridge: It does not seem as if Brooke has abandoned hope of getting Ridge back, but has merely changed tactics. By forcing Ridge to tell Caroline about the vasectomy, she contributes more doubt in Caroline's Baby Brain about Ridge's truthiness and ability to impregnate her: Anything that spreads doubt about their future is a big plus for Brooke.

• Love 4

Maybe it's just an overreaction to the giant hair she was rocking for the past couple of weeks (halfsies on the oddly formless red dress), but JMW in that sleeveless top and white skirt with the braid...yes, please.  That said: the show went out of its way to restate and confirm that all things Video are apparently over and done with, which I'm still wondering about as a false flag, and...

I can't unsee this now, dammit.

Brooke in full-on Yenta Stephanie Mode, Bill's endlessly nonplussed reactions to Caroline's engagement (has he always called Ridge "dressmaker," though?...that used to be Nick's line), and "...and Brooke can have whomever she wants..." were probably the best things about this episode, though.

• Love 4

It's nary any of Brooke's business but she's right. Ridge should not marry Caroline without telling her about the vasectomy. Caroline should also tell him what Thomas did. Beginning a marriage with two huge secrets from each other is probably not a recipe for success.

Forget about Caroline being the one to tell Ridge about Rape Night.

My money is on Steffy. She was pimp-slapping Thomas pretty well today, and has figured out he's withholding information and feelz about Ridge and Caroline marrying/breeding. Steffy will twist the gory details of Rape Night out of Thomas and she'll gleefully run to Ridge with the news.

Yay for Luv!

• Love 5

That's entirely possible, Cupid.  Assuming the show proceeds with having Thomas go through some sort of remorse jag for the whole thing (invisible or minimally visible as it is ATM), he's got to blab about it to somebody to clear his conscience.  And so it probably has to be one of two people: Steffy or, God forbid, Brooke (thus completing her transformation into a prettier, younger, Yenta Stephanie).

• Love 2

That said: the show went out of its way to restate and confirm that all things Video are apparently over and done with, which I'm still wondering about as a false flag

Nah, it's over, they're not that clever.
  • Love 2

I agree 100% and actually said it aloud as I was watching... "Brooke is right." And then I shuddered that I agreed with Brooke !

But seriously, she is completely correct but it is not her secret to tell. And there is also a third secret which will probably never be mentioned again regarding Steffy and the video that Thomas told Caroline about and then swore her to secrecy. So they are starting their marriage with three secrets - Good God, a recipe for disaster if there ever was one !  And to think, less than a week ago, I was swooning over Caroline and Ridge (well, mostly TK but you get my drift....)

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 5

OTOH, the fact that they went all in on the Quad of Doom declaring that the video was deleted and they would never speak of it again either was aimed squarely at us viewers or the usual false flag (Steffy used the term "master copy," which is why I'm leaning towards door number two).

Steffy and Wyatt might be unschooled enough to think by deleting one folder that all copies of Ally's Death Video are eliminated from the interwebs -- It actually takes more effort than that, particularly if Ivy sent the video to a closed source operating system.

I find it hard to believe Ivy would trust Steffy (or Wyatt, for that matter) to keep her word about anything, or drop the notion that Steffy steamrolls over all opposition to take what she wants. Steffy is well known for undermining the status quo to fulfill her own desires.

• Love 5

That's entirely possible, Cupid.  Assuming the show proceeds with having Thomas go through some sort of remorse jag for the whole thing (invisible or minimally visible as it is ATM), he's got to blab about it to somebody to clear his conscience.  And so it probably has to be one of two people: Steffy or, God forbid, Brooke (thus completing her transformation into a prettier, younger, Yenta Stephanie).

It is in Brooke's best interest to let someone else drop that anvil, as much fun as it would be for her to crush Caroline into dust -- She is Brooke's main romantic rival for Ridge's affections. Ridge would resent Rape Night news coming from Steffy, but he would forgive her. If the news came from Brooke, Ridge would surely see that as another act of interference and manipulation by her.

Brooke really needs to keep her hands clean of this mess so that she can better insinuate herself in Ridge's good graces, while casting more suspicion about Caroline and Thomas.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3

Perhaps, but I can't see Brooke just sitting back with this bombshell and waiting for/running to someone else to drop it...unless she goes to Thomas or Caroline and goes "Either you tell Ridge what happened or I will."  And in that case, it'd have to be Caroline; if this really will mirror Ridge/Brooke '06 in any meaningful way, it pretty much has to end with a pissed-off Ridge going after Thomas.  (And having said that it might well be Steffy who tells Dad about this; Dad runs off to beat up his other kid; and Brooke-Stephanie's-Yenta-Ghost gets to judge from afar.)

And, since Brooke is already keeping Ridge's vasectomy secret, would they double down and have her even briefly keep Rape Night a secret too?

• Love 1

Or a damn Vulcan on Star Trek!!! hideous to say the least and she is becoming a mini me of her TV mom "Doc" as Ridge fondly calls her. I didn't like Caolines dress for office wear either, plus Im getting a little tired of her full toothy smile.  Bill was shocking  with his hair and devil beard look. As someone up thread said, "No story line today." Bring back the  Forrester newlyweds for some different dialogue at least. Are they just gonna leave Bridget at the wedding???? Thought she was coming back. Guess the writers are still throwing the darts and haven't landed bullseye yet!!

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 3
And, since Brooke is already keeping Ridge's vasectomy secret, would they double down and have her even briefly keep Rape Night a secret too?

Ugh, I hope not. Why should Brooke be the designated Keeper of All Secrets? That said, I think if she finds out about Thomas and Caroline's night of rapey-ness, she'll try to spin it that Caroline deliberately slept with Thomas in hopes that it'll drive Ridge to break up with Caroline. Bonus points if she waits until the day of the wedding to spill the beans to Ridge.

Steffy and Wyatt might be unschooled enough to think by deleting one folder that all copies of Ally's Death Video are eliminated from the interwebs -- It actually takes more effort than that, particularly if Ivy sent the video to a closed source operating system.

But someone (a "civilian") would have to be making a specific effort to find it, no? It's not like anyone could do a simple Google or YouTube search. Seems to me that the show is done with the storyline altogether. Wonder what that means for Ivy's status as the face of Forrester?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

grisgris,

What's up with TK? He's making Ridge look like he's got ADD or something. Some days (but not many) I actually prefer Ronnnnnn Mosssss' measured (wooden) delivery.

I agree.  TK's always fidgety and frequently repeats his dialogue ("Why are you doing this? Why?  Why?") in ways I doubt appear on the script pages.  RM may have been wooden, yes, but his Ridge was still and contained.  He had an economy of movement and a certain grace.  TK shuffles into the room at doublespeed and bounces all around.  It's just a very jarring contrast to what Ridge has been in the past.  

Also not crazy about his frequent lack of self-assuredness around Caroline.  He acts like a little boy with a crush, stammering, etc.  I guess it's supposed to be cute after Ridge's playboy years but RM's Ridge was smooth.  Sometimes cocky and arrogant, as TK's Ridge is, but confident.  I don't get Ridge's confidence around women from TK.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 8
Also not crazy about his frequent lack of self-assuredness around Caroline.  He acts like a little boy with a crush, stammering, etc.  I guess it's supposed to be cute after Ridge's playboy years but RM's Ridge was smooth.  Sometimes cocky and arrogant, as TK's Ridge is, but confident.  I don't get Ridge's confidence around women from TK.

He seems fine around Katie and Brooke - I think his behavior is meant to show that Caroline is different than the other women in his life. With a dash of mid-life crisis thrown in, maybe?  He may be the great Ridge Forrester but fashion is a youth-focused environment.

• Love 4

I don't think it is lack of self-confidence. Caroline is different from Katie or Brooke. Sometimes when you find someone special, you are afraid of losing her.  This is how much Caroline means to Ridge.  He almost lost her because of his mistake so it is no surprise that he got nervous occasionally.  If TK's Ridge is like Sonny or Victor who cast aside any woman and get them back whenever they want, I wouldn't even take a second look at this character. 

Thomas's obsession really clouded his judgement as you can see from today's flashback ( he's not pretty drunk though).  You know, he reminded me of people like Robespierre and Stalin who firmly believed their actions were justified while they were not.  That's the scary part!    

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 14

Normally, Ridge is (was) exactly that kind of guy.  The show's apparently backed off that with TK's iteration, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...but a little jarring.

And while today's episode was mostly just there, that initial furious thought of "Why in the world would they have Caroline already worrying about being pregnant?!?" gave way to a realization the minute we got to Ridge's crazy-ass declaration that he'll get around to checking into reversing his vasectomy soonish: Caroline's absolutely going to get pregnant and think it's Ridge's kid.  And Rape Night won't come out for some time yet, if only to perpetuate the thought process.

• Love 2

Yep, next week Caroline a pregnancy test will accidentally fall out of her purse in front of Brooke and she will then confirm to Brooke she is pregnant and giggle all the way through that scene while Brooke does her best squinty eyes knowing Ridge hasn't done a damn thing yet!  LOL

• Love 6

Yep, next week Caroline a pregnancy test will accidentally fall out of her purse in front of Brooke and she will then confirm to Brooke she is pregnant and giggle all the way through that scene while Brooke does her best squinty eyes knowing Ridge hasn't done a damn thing yet!  LOL

Gotta love that soap staple, how women always put sticks that they peed on in their purses.

• Love 13

Yep, next week Caroline a pregnancy test will accidentally fall out of her purse in front of Brooke and she will then confirm to Brooke she is pregnant and giggle all the way through that scene while Brooke does her best squinty eyes knowing Ridge hasn't done a damn thing yet! LOL

Didn't Caroline confirm today that she was not pregnant? I'm guessing that she is sure because she has gotten her --------. But Caroline's reassurance to Thomas can still be a red herring though.

We know that Thomas is a creepy stalker but do we have to have it conferred everyday with those shit ass flashbacks? Geez, enough is enough. Brooke and Steffy may have a dog in the fight about Thomas and his current moodiness, but WTF does Nicole have to do with anything on the subject?

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7

Watching those flashbacks, how the hell could Thomas possibly think that the expression on Caroline's face was anything other than "drunk/drugged, depressed, and 2 seconds away from full on grief drunk unconsciousness"?  That was not the face of a woman in the throes of passion, or even remotely interested in sex.  Seriously, how is he having that flashback of her face like that and not thinking "shit, I did something really, really wrong here"? 

• Love 11

ok, I may be in the minority here but I feel Brook has the right to stick her nose in Ridge's love life if she wants, he flew to friggin Abu Dabi for freaks sake to stop her wedding!  All she wants him to do is be honest with who he wants to marry, she isn't forbidding it, she's just telling him to be honest!

• Love 7

ok, I may be in the minority here but I feel Brook has the right to stick her nose in Ridge's love life if she wants, he flew to friggin Abu Dabi for freaks sake to stop her wedding! All she wants him to do is be honest with who he wants to marry, she isn't forbidding it, she's just telling him to be honest!

And Ridge was no better for it than she is right now.

Where's the clarification needed? Brooke wasn't even the last woman he was with when they got together, so I'm not sure why she thinks she has a chance.

This just illustrates how lost the writers are with her character when there's nothing else for her to do but meddle in all her past lovers' lives. As someone else mentioned, she kept her mouth shut about Maya and she was marrying her deranged son that had shot at his ex wife weeks before, but somehow this vasectomy news needs to get to Caroline right now? Plu-lease.

• Love 5

Okay, is it going to be Nicole who spills any beans looking to be spilled?  She brought up his former relationship with Caroline to Thomas, and then brought it up again to Zende.  She shouldn't even know about that because even Maya didn't arrive on the scene until Rick was already involved with Caroline.  When Maya broke up Rick and Caroline the first time, Caroline did not run to Thomas.  She instead tried to discredit Maya.

Then Zende warns Nicole NOT to talk about it.  Sounds like Maya warning Nicole not to tell Wyatt about the transgender issue.  And look what happened there.

• Love 4

Brooke wasn't even the last woman he was with when they got together, so I'm not sure why she thinks she has a chance.

I don't feel as though Brooke thinks she has a chance with Ridge...or at least I don't feel like KKL is playing it that way. They have a decent friendship chemistry, but they certainly don't look like people who were an on again off again couple for almost all their adult lives.

"It doesn't matter what RJ thinks."  Way to go, Ridge!  Don't ever wonder why you never received Father of the Year honors.  Actually he probably should have finished that sentence with "...because I usually don't remember whether he exists."

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

Is the guy who plays Thomas that tall or is the guy who plays Zende that short?

I'm confused by Caroline and Thomas' convo today. Does she not use her own birth control?

pregnancy test will accidentally fall out of her purse

women always put sticks that they peed on in their purses

I know a lot of nonsense gets used as plot points on soaps but this pregnancy test in the purse one has always seemed particularly ridiculous to me. Has this ever actually happened to anyone any of us knows?

she's just telling him to be honest!

Ridge is a grown-ass man. AFAIC, it's not for Brooke to tell him to do anything except perhaps something that directly involves their son.

Sounds like Maya warning Nicole not to tell Wyatt about the transgender issue.  And look what happened there.

Yeah, Nicole can't keep her mouth shut to save her life.

• Love 5

Ridge may be a grown ass man, but he's acting like a teenager in lust.  Ridge wants Caroline.  But then he does that teenage boy thing of breaking up for one night and then decide he wants to get back together. Definitely a version of "if you really loved them, you'd ..."

So he tells Caroline exactly what she wants to hear to get her to forgive him for being such an ass.  Because ultimately it's all about what Ridge wants -- which is Caroline, because she feeds his ego and makes him feel like the playboy he once was., Ironically he was right to break up with her, although incredibly hurtful, (but hey that's what teenage boys do). But, unfortunately for Caroline Ridge's hot feelz for Caroline and his ego won out,

I firmly believe that Ridge not only has no intention of *ever* telling Caroline about the vasectomy, he also has absolutely no intention of getting it reversed..  In today's show he was full of lame excuses -- all about 'oh too busy being a designer and running Forrester and planning a wedding' to do any research or call his doctor.  I think the bassinet was just cruel -- an empty gesture designed to make Caroline melt and believe he has changed his mind about children.

I totally agree it's not Brooke's secret to tell, but she's right -- he needs to tell her now, before the wedding, because Caroline is expecting to get pregnant on her wedding night , if not before. And Ridge will gladly play the game of let's keep trying for a baby, knowing it won't happen.  So really the only person who wins is Ridge. He gets to be the bohemian artist, in the bohemian loft, living in the moment with his mid-life crisis younger woman, without the hassle of the third family.  Third family! 

• Love 14
So he tells Caroline exactly what she wants to hear to get her to forgive him for being such an ass.  Because ultimately it's all about what Ridge wants -- which is Caroline, because she feeds his ego and makes him feel like the playboy he once was., Ironically he was right to break up with her, although incredibly hurtful, (but hey that's what teenage boys do). But, unfortunately for Caroline Ridge's hot feelz for Caroline and his ego won out,

I firmly believe that Ridge not only has no intention of *ever* telling Caroline about the vasectomy, he also has absolutely no intention of getting it reversed..  In today's show he was full of lame excuses -- all about 'oh too busy being a designer and running Forrester and planning a wedding' to do any research or call his doctor.  I think the bassinet was just cruel -- an empty gesture designed to make Caroline melt and believe he has changed his mind about children.

I totally agree it's not Brooke's secret to tell, but she's right -- he needs to tell her now, before the wedding, because Caroline is expecting to get pregnant on her wedding night , if not before. And Ridge will gladly play the game of let's keep trying for a baby, knowing it won't happen.  So really the only person who wins is Ridge. He gets to be the bohemian artist, in the bohemian loft, living in the moment with his mid-life crisis younger woman, without the hassle of the third family.  Third family! 

Love everything you have said.  This is why I am no longer loving TK as the new Ridge.  He is the new persona of the Ridge that always was, and if I had to choose, I would choose Caroline over Ridge.  I agree with some that the actress sometimes crosses the line to giggly teenager reading of lines, but I would rather that her character reign supreme over that of the perennial playboy, Ridge. 

• Love 1