Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

KKL has been awesome recently.

Totally agree, I don't know if it's KKL acting better or Brooke getting a backbone or what, but I'm enjoying standing-up-for-my-kids Brooke Logan, it's way better than vodka-swilling Brooke Logan.  I did enjoy the way Brooke subtly said "our son" referring to Rick, of course, and then in the next breath she brought up Ridge's Moroni roots.  Since Eric is one of the dumbest characters on the show I don't see any wise decisions coming today.

In the good old days Oliver would work for the competing fashion house, but now there isn't one, he might have to tend bar at the Bikini.

• Love 4

Does Ridge even hold a position of authority at FC, or is he considered just a designer? If it's the later, how does he have the right to fire Oliver? I don't know who Oliver would directly report to, but I hardly think its a designer.

I also think KKL is doing a great job. It started with her drinking scenes, and continued right to the boardroom.

• Love 3

In the good old days Oliver would work for the competing fashion house, but now there isn't one, he might have to tend bar at the Bikini.

Yeah, the lack of a rival to FC is becoming more of a hole in the show all the time. I know they can't recreate Spectra now, with Darlene Conley gone, but I sure wish they hadn't disappeared Jackie M.

and as much as I hate Ridge and am loving Rick these days...people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones RICK -- you've done some "betraying" of FC yourself in the not so distant past...shoot, almost everyone has, including Thorne.

• Love 2
Tooley McToolertool

LOVE!  This is how we shall refer to Ridge in my household here on out.

When you get down to it, Caroline was the driving force in the relaunch of HFTF. She is the one who rallied the troops as well as designed the line.

Sadly I missed most of Caroline giving it to McToolertool, but did she even allude to this??  Because that is how it happened.

I found the last scene quite comical.  Eric:  "I need to make a decision - who should be President of this company?"  Cut to Rick, looking all groomed, suave and like ready-made presidential material.  Cut to Ridge, looking like some homeless tool who wandered in to the boardroom thinking they were serving hot lunch.  I laughed out loud.

• Love 6
(edited)

Just read that:

Hunter Tylo is back for a guest appearance (8 Episodes):

April 25, April 28, May 8, May 9, May 12, May 13, May 14 and May 15

Dare we hope for an epic Aly/Taylor confrontation?

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1
(edited)

Dang, folks, should I have spoilered that

HTy news? Pretty sure we had talked about a future planned appearance at the Other Place but ...

maybe I will go back and edit now.

Edited by annsterg
(edited)

I like that spoiler about Katie St3phForrester,

From what I have read, Eric is going to intercede and force Brooke and Ridge to work together as co-vice President's of FC's. Katie automatically assumes this was Brooke's doing. I am looking forward to Eric setting her straight, because once she is aware that this was Eric's decision she will have nothing left to bitch about. My hope is that her constant whining and insecurity will drive Ridge crazy. And I can't wait until she starts giving him ultimatums about spending time with Brooke.

Did anyone else notice Brooke saying FC was "Our family business"

You bet! And I loved it! When you get down to it, Ridge has no blood relatives on the canvas now except RJ. And his biggest supporter is gone; no doubt if Stephanie were still alive she would be lobbying for Ridge, but the tables have turned, or at least they should have turned. By all rights, Eric should have a nasty taste in his mouth regarding Ridge. He walked out on Brooke, he walked out on his "family", he walked away from FC's, and to this day, he has not offered one explanation. If I were Eric, I would be laughing in Ridge's face, but that is never how it plays out, although this time should be very different. How is it ok for Ridge to not come home to see his mother before she dies? How is it ok for Ridge to not come home for his mother's funeral? How is it ok for Ridge to not come home to support his family during a heartbreaking time? Oh, that's right, Stephanie told him it was ok to stay away. So how is that any different than Katie telling Bill and Brooke it was ok? I know Katie was dealing with PPD and wasn't thinking straight, but Stephanie was dying of cancer and wasn't thinking straight either. So again, Ridge stands in judgement of someone else's actions, when he has behaved just as badly, and in my opinion, worse than Brooke. Not only did he insult and let down every person he has ever claimed to love, but he compounded that by returning home full of judgement and criticism, then turning around and doing the exact same thing. I never disliked Ridge until now; he got on my nerves and all, but I still liked the character. This version of Ridge however? I say let the family wars begin, and I will go on to say, let Brooke dig her heels in real deep about who is and who isn't a Forrester. At the end of the day, it is all on Ridge. He is the one that is creating the turmoil, he wants to keep pushing the envelope, because he believes that Eric will always side with him. Furthermore, I now would have NO problem with Brooke turning those papers over to Bill. If Katie and Ridge want to play it this way, then I say tit for tat.

Also, I really enjoyed TK today - he must be doing a good job with his material if we all hate Ridge! - but it was more the little things that entertained me, like some of the looks he gave Rick while Caroline was giving him a serve, and then again when Rick said something about he hopes Ridge will respect Eric's decision, whatever that may be, and TK does this great double-take that made me laugh.

I agree, TK is playing this perfectly, but he still needs a shower and shave. And an iron wouldn't hurt either. Maybe Ridge has forgotten about BeLief?

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4
(edited)

How is it ok for Ridge to not come home to support his family during a heartbreaking time?

Not to mention being AWOL for his only living bio-daughter's wedding AND her subsequent devastation when she miscarried?

When you get down to it, Ridge has no blood relatives on the canvas now except RJ.

...and Aly. Thorne and Ridge still are half-brothers as they have the same mother, so Aly is still his niece. Not that after firing Oliver that Aly will be a Ridge supporter...and if she ever finds out about how he treated Darla, she will be smelling the evil on him!

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

This is complete speculation on my part, but I still cannot believe that Taylor didn't tell Ridge anything about Brooke/Bill/Katie after she left LA for Paris.  Bell keeps talking about Ridge having some "life-changing event" which we haven't seen and TK keeps saying that he's playing Ridge "with a chip on his shoulder" which the past couple of episodes have definately shown.

What if all of this is one big scam on Ridge's part?  He's hated Bill Spencer for a long, long time for Forrester and for Steffy and he hated Katie when she was CEO at Forrester.  I could see him trying to get Forrester back and also take over Spencer Publications as one big "FU" to everyone.  Ronn Moss never had the acting chops to pull that off but TK does.  Maybe Ridge thinks that he'll get all his ducks lined up and then whammo.  But what he doesn't know is that Katie signed those papers (does he?) and that Brooke still has them.  Maybe that's why he goes running off to the Middle East to stop the wedding because he finds out that this could derail his plans.

Probably too advanced for Bradley but I'd love it as a story... 

• Love 3

Yay for Eric! I loved him saying Ridge was the one who left and would have to earn his way back. I wish he would put Ridge in Thorne's basement office. It was rich for Ridge, world's biggest Mama's Boy, to taunt Rick about "mommy and daddy." What a tool.

• Love 2
(edited)

I so loved Ridge being slapped down today. The disrespect with which he treated everyone during this coup d'etat attempt came back on him in spades.

Would someone please refresh me on who owns what percentages of FC?

In fact, I wish I had a brief synopsis of all the ownership shenanigans since Brooke got 51% for BeLieF.

ETA: found this: http://theboldandthebeautiful.wikia.com/wiki/Forrester_Creations

which seems to indicate now that Bill owns 12.5% (that he got from Donna, who got it from her divorce from Eric), Eric has 37.5% (his remaining 12.5% + Stephanie's 25% that she reneged on giving to Thomas), Steffy has 25% (that Taylor gave her), Thomas has 5% (that he got from Ridge), and Ridge has 20%. Is this correct?

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1
(edited)

which seems to indicate now that Bill owns 12.5% (that he got from Donna, who got it from her divorce from Eric), Eric has 37.5% (his remaining 12.5% + Stephanie's 25% that she reneged on giving to Thomas), Steffy has 25% (that Taylor gave her), Thomas has 5% (that he got from Ridge), and Ridge has 20%. Is this correct?

This is correct. 

I hope the fact that Taylor had to take out a loan in order to buy her shares becomes a plot point again.

Edited by ariesman3
  • Love 1

Ridge shouldn't mock Eric's generosity.  Co-vice president is more than he deserves.  He should be creative director, or something like that.  He should be designing some breathtaking couture collection (which will be difficult with Katie as his muse) that FC is supposed to be famous for, and, instead of firing Oliver, see to it that HFTF's marketing is on par with the couture line.  It was kind of nice, though, to see him with his tail between his legs.  And Brooke's eyes finally, after 27 years, appear to be open where he is concerned.

• Love 3
(edited)

Dang I am posting a lot lately!

Thanks for the confirmation, ariesman3.

I was thinking what an unpleasant evening it will be at the Forrester manse this evening, with Eric's palpable disgust for Ridge, Aly giving Ridge the stink-eye, and Ridge being a pouty sourpuss. That's if Ridge hasn't moved in with Katie...

I think Ridge, who is used to everyone adoring him and approving his every action, is going to be in for a shock with the reactions as his liaison with Katie comes to light. I think it would be hilarious if RJ, who was fine with fun Aunt Katie, balks at the news of possible Stepmom Katie.

...and I guess creative Ridge never even thought of oh, I don't know, ASKING Oliver to change the style of the photographs? the way they're shot is a creative decision, FFS, and Oliver can and would try something different if that's what was requested.

In addition to being a tool, Ridge is an idiot, because who plans a coup without being sure of your support? now his enemies know he's out there and hostile. He's going to find it hard to get cooperation from anyone at FC now.

...and now I am wondering if vindictive tool Ridge will be the one

to bring Deacon back to town...

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1
(edited)

...and Aly. Thorne and Ridge still are half-brothers as they have the same mother, so Aly is still his niece.

You are correct annsterg; I competely forgot about Ally!

Another good show today; I watched in surprise and awe as Eric, for once, did the right thing. And now I can add another character flaw to Ridge's ever growing resume; a sore loser. He refuses to believe that Eric is making this decision for any other reason than nepotism. Ridge has lost sight of all reason, and is behaving like he is mentally unbalanced. What factual data is he basing these assumptions on? Did he conduct a private study on what people thought about the direction of FC's? He seems to think that his "gut" feeling is all Eric needs to mess up the best thing FC's has had in years; to rip the seat right out of Rick's pants for no other reason than Ridge told him to. Add in the things he is saying right to Eric's face, and I am more convinced than ever that Ridge had some sort of Lobotomy while away.  

A Ridge and Brooke montage! Imagine that, and it was duller than dishwater, and felt as phony as a two dollar bill. I am hoping that was thrown in as a juxtaposition for Brooke to see her fantasy of Ridge, and how rotten he really is, and has been since his return. The look on her face, and the tone of her voice when she admitted to Ridge that she told Eric his dirty little secret was priceless. And I am sooooo glad that she is finally calling him on his shit. Brooke looked really disgusted. She looked like she didn't like Ridge at all. One of Ridge's biggest mistakes was underestimating the bond Eric and Brooke share. Just another example of his enormous ego; not understanding that Brooke and Eric love each other more than either of them could ever love him individually. I wasn't surprised when Ridge automatically assumed that Brooke was inferring he would want her back after he tires of Katie. History dictates that he would, and it has always been what Brooke has wanted and expected. Maybe not now though.

I don't know if it is correct or not annsterg, but I like your math up there. Bill and Eric's shares total 50%.

On a complete side note; Mr. RuntheTable, my B&B voyeur, kept up a non-stop commentary today, but of course he is not at all involved in the show...............

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 3

It was great when Brooke implied that Ridge didn't tell Eric about Katie because he was ashamed.  It actually wasn't just Ridge's "story to tell", since it affected Brooke and her family as well.  But, of course, it's all about him!

I'm posting a lot today, too!  I find myself posting much more here than I did at TWoP, for some reason.

• Love 2

Holy cats! I don't believe what I'm hearing. Eric actually made a decision? I knew about this before seeing the episode because I read the spoilers but I'm still excited about it and I really enjoyed today's show. I like this "I'm here for my children" angle Brooke's working rather than having her out for blood over Ridge's betrayal specifically - I posted at The Other Place about character growth vs character change and I'm hoping this is more of the former since we're all assuming Bridge is still endgame. And the scene towards the end with Eric & Rick was super sweet, I love their father/son relationship. 

Not looking forward to tomorrow's show, though, if the promo is anything to go by:

Eric says to Ridge, "You want to run this company? Get your ass back to Brooke where you belong." Way to go, Eric! *eyeroll*

Maybe Ridge has forgotten about BeLief?

To be fair, I think everyone has.

One of Ridge's biggest mistakes was underestimating the bond Eric and Brooke share. Just another example of his enormous ego; not understanding that Brooke and Eric love each other more than either of them could ever love him individually.

Bingo. And it's love with a capital L with Brooke & Eric, a love that has a fair few strings to its bow - started out (as far as I can tell) as compassion from Eric over Brooke's family being torn apart by Stephanie, then turned to physical attraction, then their emotional bond grew and weathered all kinds of storms (Ridge principally). Whether it's been a romance or a friendship or somewhere in between, it's a connection that's lasted for over 25 years now, and while it's true that Ridge & Brooke have also had a history lasting that long, it's involved more hurt feelings and broken hearts along the way. And Eric's always been there for Brooke when she's needed support, much in the way that a father would (I picked this up in his relationship with Donna, too, and more so with her than with Brooke), whereas Ridge is quite happy to make Brooke sleep in the bed(s) she makes. The Palm Springs tent recreation setup is a good example - Eric doesn't necessarily go along with Brooke's plan, but he doesn't completely leave her in the lurch. (These were the first scenes of B&B I sat down and watched, so I might be a bit biased.)

• Love 4

And Pam, his mother's sister, is his aunt.

Good catch ariesman3, I forgot about Pam as well. It is difficult sometimes to follow the family tree on B&B.

I'm posting a lot today, too!  I find myself posting much more here than I did at TWoP, for some reason.

Me too! I really like it here.

• Love 1
Good catch ariesman3, I forgot about Pam as well. It is difficult sometimes to follow the family tree on B&B.

It's easy to forget when characters don't mention it.  Ridge complimented his aunt Pam on her job and gave her a raise.  No mention of their blood connection.  No calling her Aunt Pam.

(edited)

I really like it here as well.  I know some from The Other Place don't like the multiple threads, but I do.  I appreciate having a place to discuss discreet things, instead of having all sorts of conversations going on in one thread.

I got caught at work late last night and didn't get to catch the show (I watch on TVGN).  Based on what you guys are saying here, I might actually go to the trouble of watching it online.  The prospect of seeing Brooke look disgusted at Tool just makes me giddy.  Can this really be the end?  I would be beyond delighted if it was. 

Ridge has lost sight of all reason, and is behaving like he is mentally unbalanced.

To be fair, Tool has done this before when his sense of entitlement takes over.  But it doesn't help that in this incarnation it looks as if he is mentally unbalanced as well.

And it's love with a capital L with Brooke & Eric, a love that has a fair few strings to its bow

Word to this.  I have always appreciated that Eric loves BROOKE, the way she is, flaws and all, and does not expect or even want her to change.  And although she has been guilty of using him as a go-to boy when things get rough for her, I always feel ultimately like she is in his corner as well.  I like their relationship.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 3

Aquarius, TVGN runs the entire week's episodes on Sunday starting at 11am Eastern time (so Thursday's would be at 12:30, right?).

It occurred to me that, during her drunken bender, Brooke was lamenting that she failed to fulfill Stephanie's dying wish that she be the Forrester matriarch.  But during that meeting, I think she was the Forrester matriarch.  Maybe not in name, but in every other way. 

• Love 3

Thanks, Snaporaz!  I had forgotten that actually.  (I don't know how I could since they run the promo for that relentlessly during every B&B rebroadcast!).

Sunday afternoons are busy for me but I just might have to find a way to set aside the half hour to catch Thursday's ep.  Because I really want to see this:

But during that meeting, I think she was the Forrester matriarch.

I loved Red Suit Brooke.  I hope we're getting her back in some form or another.

• Love 2

I started watching B&B when TK came on, so I might be biased. I do love TK. I watched him on AMC and thought he was wonderful and sexy. I do wish he would cut his hair because I think he looks much better with short hair. I also love his voice and don't really hear an accent.

I never saw RM play Ridge. I only saw photos of him on soap sites. This is very superficial but I always thought his hair and scarves (and, dare I say, plastic surgery?)were ridiculous and that is actually one of the reasons I never watched B&B before. I couldn't buy him as a romantic lead.

I enjoy B&B. It is fast-paced and the stories are (mostly) entertaining. I thoroughly enjoy BTC Aly. Her crazy-eyes are epic. I enjoy Brooke and Katie and Ridge the most but I think that's because it's the story that drew me in (I also happened to be a HT fan from when she was on Y&R). I consistently fast-forward anything to do with Hope and Wyatt. Wyatt is gross and his relationship with his mother is so dysfunctional (they both seem overly involved in each other's lives, but Quinn's interest in Wyatt borders in obsession and is completely inappropriate as far as I can tell. I find her only tolerable with $Bill, who is so smarmy. I love to hate them. The jury's still out on Liam.

I mostly enjoy B&B, though, because of snark I see on this message board and (formerly) TWoP.

• Love 1
(edited)

Quinn's interest in Wyatt borders in obsession and is completely inappropriate as far as I can tell. 

Hey Catologrrr, one of the hallmarks of B&B is parents being obsessively involved in the love lives of their adult children. From Brooke and Taylor bickering over whose daughter, Hope or Steffy, should be with Liam to the biggest Electra Complex case of them all, Stephanie and her obsession with Ridge, Quinn is in good(?) company.

Edited by ariesman3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am so glad they never followed through on a Quinn/Eric relationship, for that very reason: Eric already had a lifetime tied to that crazy son-obsessed hag -- he didn't need another one, even one that is younger and hotter.

I still cannot get over Ridge snarking about RICK being defended and supported by his mother...when that punk ass bitch mommy's boy spent his whole adult life being controlled by his poisonous mommy, and allowing her to do serious lasting damage to the women in his life. At least as a mother, Brooke is not crazy intrusive and meddling; yeah, she kinda went over the line with the Liam/Hope surprise wedding but it's been a long time since she actively interfered with Rick -- way back during the Kimberly days, IIRC -- and lord knows she wanted to during Rick/Steffy and Rick/Taylor.

Edited by annsterg
(edited)

The past three episodes have been very enjoyable. One thing TK is doing that I like is not holding back on the entitlement that Ridge has. It's as if, with a good actor, the curtain is being drawn on what an awful person he's always been. I enjoyed Brooke's drunken cynicism because it looked like she was finally feeling the weight of how many years she's been chasing this guy. At this point it's not even an issue of if he's worth it or not, it just gets pointless. And I agree, regardless of romantic/erotic feelings that may or may not still be there, one thing that is evident is that she no longer likes nor respects Ridge.  

Rick was awesome in how he retained his dignity in the face of Ridge's attempt at robbing him of it. The fact that everyone rallied around him was rather heart-warming.  It's pretty much the same thing with Oliver. He didn't lose his dignity. He felt awful but went right downstairs to pack his stuff and talked about finding another job. It struck me how he had Aly, Hope, Maya and carter around him and I actually believed the solidarity they were showing him. Even the flashbacks with Hope were less about their being a couple in the past and more about remembering the early days of HFTF.  (I wonder if Hope's comment at being shown the photo from all of  4 years ago as being a subtle SORAS-ing of her and Oliver). I am ready for him and Aly to get together. It's a very good fit. What  I like about Aly is that while she's self-conscious and awkward, she's not weak. All the vitriol she spewed at Wyatt for the past few weeks would have made more sense if it were directed at Uncle Ridge given the absolute contempt he always showed Darla. 

Edited by Aqli
  • Love 1

I want Rick to find out about Eric's offer to Greasy Ridge and I want Rick to be pissed and for him, Caroline, Brooke and Bill to find a way to get all those shares back from the Marones.I want them to buy Spectra or Jackie M anonymously and start building it up. When it's close to being relaunched I want Rick to hold a big press conference and quit on the spot. Caroline follows suit while everybody looks in shock. I want Greasy Ridge thinking he's won while Rick, Caroline, Brooke and Bill are planning his demise and that's all I got for now lol but god Im so pissed at Eric today. What the hell does Rick have to do to get the respect he deserves from Eric?

• Love 3

Eric, Eric, Eric, you were doing fine until you offered the big Titty Baby the CEO position if he went back to Brooke. For one thing, it's a slap in the face to Rick. For another, Brooke might not want Ridge back now!

Oh, I wanted to slap Katie's chipmunk cheeks today (okay, I always want to slap them) when she said Brooke "stole" her husband. I hate that expression. You can't "steal" a person because he/she is not a possession (at least since slavery was abolished). That expression shifts the blame all to one person, and that is wrong.

• Love 4

I was wondering why Katie walked into Rick's office until I realized that she expected Tooley McToolertool to be behind the desk after a successful coup. Her "scolding" of Brooke revealed how insecure she is in her relationship with Tooley McToolertool where Brooke is concerned. Katie knows Tooley has always gone back to Brooke.

I was surprised how supportive of Tooley McToolertool Katie has become after just a week of boinking. Katie seemed to have no problem siding with Tooley against her own family.

I think Eric offered the CEO position to Tooley McToolertool as Eric wants Tooley and Brooke to head the company as well as the family. 

• Love 1
I was surprised how supportive of Tooley McToolertool Katie has become after just a week of boinking. Katie seemed to have no problem siding with Tooley against her own family.

Seriously! Since when did Katie have such a problem with Rick? She's in "love" with Ridge for all of a week & she's siding with him over her nephew? As far as I know, Rick never did anything against Katie.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yep, Katie's loyalties change with the wind...like her mind and her decisions. Loved Brooke's reaction -- she knows she had nothing to do with being offered the job, that was all Eric, and her not rising to Katie's familiar taunts and insults shows her strength and confidence, and Katie was getting more and more upset. Loved it and loved that Brooke finally has stopped grovelling to Katie. All that talk by Katie the other day about "choices have consequences" is turning back on Katie herself -- even though I really DO NOT like Eric's dealmaking/blackmail and attempts to force Brooke and Ridge back together -- but Ridge's situation NOW is a direct "consequence" of their "choices." So Katie can suck it. Her expression is going to freeze in her typical bitch-face if she's not careful.

I wanted to laugh in Ridge's face when he was whining to Katie about "Daddy giving little Ricky whatever he wants" when Ridge wanted Daddy to give HIM what he wants! Not OK for Rick, fine for Ridge; typical Ridge arrogance. And...Brooke "worked on" Eric -- just like Ridge is trying to do; the only difference is Brooke succeeded. So he can suck it too.

The Aly actress is doing a wonderful job; those huge doe eyes, her awkwardness...man, I hope they write this as a real burgeoning romance and not "Aly becomes obsessed with Oliver after he shows her some attention." Mya looked concerned. I like Mya and Carter fine as supporting characters; the show/Forresters need a go-to attorney now that Jonathan has disappeared. The Mya actress has a very expressive face...and yeah, Oliver is a bit old for Aly -- if she's supposed to be 19 or so? he has to be at least 25? that's a lot at that age and the difference in their life experiences make it even a bigger gap. I find it hard to believe that Thorne has vented throughout the years to Aly about his relationship with Ridge but who knows? We haven't seen their dynamic since Aly was 5.

Oh, I wanted to slap Katie's chipmunk cheeks today (okay, I always want to slap them) when she said Brooke "stole" her husband. I hate that expression. You can't "steal" a person because he/she is not a possession (at least since slavery was abolished). That expression shifts the blame all to one person, and that is wrong.

ITA about the expression...and it's also wrong because that's not how it happened. While Bill and Brooke surely bear a lot of responsibility, Katie essentially threw Bill away FIVE times: when she abandoned him after Will's birth and told him she wanted a divorce; when she was back but then refusing to spend any time or intimacy (not just sex) with Bill or even listen to him; the infamous night she took off her rings at Brooke's house and again said she wanted a divorce (Bill and Brooke never should have done the deed that night though); after the Birthday Party of Doom when she dumped him and took SP; and then after Spycam-gate when she found out he'd gone to Monaco after Brooke, telling Brooke again she could have him. It's not like Bill and Katie were blissfully happy and Brooke decided she wanted Bill and set out to seduce him -- and every time Katie tries to spin it that way, it makes her look even more deluded and less self-aware than ever. I hope Ridge and Katie stay together; it should be a festival of misery for all.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 5

Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming! It's pathetic, I know, but I got so much joy out of those scenes with Ridge & Eric, especially when they started yelling at each other, it wouldn't have mattered what it was they were talking about, I mean they could have been debating the merits of tea versus coffee for all I cared, the fact that both actors were putting a whole lot of passion into what they were doing it was great to watch. I think I've watched this episode about five times already (now that's really pathetic). Re: Eric's offer at the end:

I'm not too concerned about it given there's a spoiler floating around saying Ridge passes a lucrative offer over in the name of love. And how many times has Eric tried to off-load the CEO position in the past, only to have to come back in and mop up the mess whoever he installs as CEO makes? I figure so long as JMC stays on the cast, TPTB will keep Eric on as top dog in some capacity at FC, because it's not like the character does anything else anymore in terms of story.

But it always gives me a pang of sadness inside whenever they talk about succession plans and "the future of Forrester" as if Eric's on his deathbed. I'm not ready! I'm just going to fanwank that this whole "Put Ridge & Brooke Together in a Room" thing is a test to see if Brooke can cash the cheques her mouth is writing about not needing a man in her life. 

What the hell is up with Katie? This is exactly what she was doing with taking over Spencer Publications - moving on with her life and focusing on her (Bill's) job and her son and making sure Will had a healthy environment to grow up in and blah blah blah, and now she's chewing Brooke out for trying to do the same? I get that Katie would be suspicious of this co-vice-president's thing because as she accurately pointed out, this is Brooke's MO and has been for years, but to say things like "Doesn't Ridge have the authority to [fire Oliver]?" when she knows full well that Ridge hasn't had much to do with FC for the last 18 months or so AND that Rick and Eric are the decision-makers, was just silly. I'm a fan of Heather Tom and I enjoy it when she plays Katie as a snarky bitch calling people out on their shit, but I'm over this high-horse gloating thing the writers have her doing. 

The promo for next week had me all excited (Bill & Ridge oh boy oh boy oh boy) - until

Hope & Wyatt at the end - really? Really??? They're going there already? Please god no.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just some general observations that I keep forgetting to bring up:

• What is Carter's capacity at FC's now? He came on the show as an attorney, then he was an actor, then he was doing some modeling, and now? Is he Ridge's personal assistant? His right hand man? This alliance is happening for a reason and I think it is going to have something to do with the power struggle at FC's. And I have no doubt it is going to cause trouble for Carter and Maya.
  • Why did everyone act like Ridge's word was final? As far as I know Ridge had no offical position at Forrester, so Rick should have just told Ridge to put a sock in it, he wasn't firing anyone. What I would liked to have seen, is everyone at the table to just bust out laughing.
  • Does TK have a nervous disorder? I notice that he "twitches" his head and shoulder quite often.
  • I want to know what type of disorder Ally has. There has never been a mention of any official diagnosis, nothing about medications, or therpy, or counceling. But there has been a lot of "you have to get yourself under control Ally", "you were talking to your mother?", "you just seemed like you were getting so angry". Do we have a classic case of a troubled young girl, who lost her mother under tragic circumstances, being "overprotected"? Has Ally been spoiled and acts out if she doesn't get her way?
  • I have negelcted to say how impressed I've been with Kim Matula. This beautiful girl who has no sex appeal, can sure bring the ice. Her demeanor towards Ridge has been so believable; refusing to look straight at him, making snide, but true remarks. the cold and completely furious look on her face. I think she has also done really well with her interactions with Ally.

Another good episode today, it has been a long time since I have been excited about watching the show. I am totally enjoying these new twists, and the changing attitudes and alliances.

As wrong as Eric was, is how right he was. He was wrong to disrespect Rick that way; I think Rick would be deeply hurt if he knew what Eric was doing. All the same, I loved much of what Eric said to Ridge; that is the anger and confusion I have been waiting for. Ridge won't except; he will make this his grand sweeping gesture of love for Katie. Eric couldn't possibly doubt Ridge's deep devotion to Katie after turning down the CEO spot.

Ridge going on to Katie about daddy giving "Little Ricky" everything he wants just like always? WTH? Partial Frontal Lobotomy, I am telling you all. It is either that or it is the fact that Ridge has always been the favored son, and can sense a changing of the tide. Yeah, sure, Eric offered him the CEO position, but not based on his merits, or his accomplishments, or his contributions to Forrester. No, Eric offered him the job if he would agree to leave Katie and go back to Brooke. That should tell Ridge so much, but his ego will not let him see it. And his comment to Eric, "what, do you want me to go down to the basement with Thorne"? What does that say exactly? And who went whining and begging to daddy? I didn't see Rick do that, no, instead Rick stated the facts about what had been accomplished in Ridge's absence. Ridge OTOH, storms into Eric's office telling him he has to correct this, once again insulting his father and his judgement. 

Who is running Spencer Publications while Katie is playing soccer, and having fire side chats, and reading poetry, and having sex with Ridge, and going to Forrester? Does she have any idea what is going on over there? Seems like the glow of single mother, CEO to the rescue has worn off a little. And she just comes in and starts macking on Ridge? In front of her nephew? I am sure Katie thinks this shows people how secure she is in her and Ridge's relationship. To the contrary, I think it shows an insecure woman, who is desperate to show everyone how much Ridge loves her by public displays of affection. I don't think anyone in the Forrester family, or the Logan family, will appreciate that very much.

KKL was good today. She was playing Brooke as relaxed and confident. I like that she knows there is a man waiting in the wings who loves only her, and that man is willing to wait and give her the time and space she needs. Ridge was never willing to do that. When he decided he wanted Brooke she should be willing to drop everything for him and his needs. Then, when his mother interceded, he would just as quickly explain to a heartbroken Brooke that she would just have to understand that Taylor needed him more right now. Or Thomas needed him more. Or the twins needed him more. I want Brooke to work with Ridge, but keep it completely above the table. Don't tell him anything and don't ask him anything. Ridge will slowly loose his mind, at least what he has left of it.

Rick's reaction to Ridge and Katie smooching was sweet.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 3
(edited)

The interesting thing about Katie is that for a few years now the writers have slipped into a pattern of having someone do something shitty (usually Bill) and then have Katie  rip them  new one (again, usually Bill). Heather Tom is very good at these tirades but now that she's no longer with Bill, she's staring to look desperate. One has to ask, if she's been witnessing Brooke's shenanigans her whole life, then why is she entertaining the idea of Ridge as a partner?  There's definitely drama to be mined in the idea of Brooke losing her destiny to her runt of a little sister but, a couple of days' drinking aside, she seems to be over it now.  One wonders if that's what's bothering Katie. She must have been looking forward to being the 'Taylor' in that situation only to see that Brooke can't be bothered with being the 'Brooke', at least for now. 

Oliver and Aly's nascent romance is getting nothing from me but a thumbs up. I like that the first kiss was him kissing her hand. I also like how she can  be both bashful about her attraction to Oliver and fiercely protective of him in the same breath. I'm also enjoying how tender he is with her. 

Edited by Aqli
  • Love 2

All that talk by Katie the other day about "choices have consequences" is turning back on Katie herself -- even though I really DO NOT like Eric's dealmaking/blackmail and attempts to force Brooke and Ridge back together -- but Ridge's situation NOW is a direct "consequence" of their "choices." So Katie can suck it.

HA! How true is this? I was cringing when Katie was blathering about consequences the other day; she was clearly intimating that only Brooke and Bill's actions have any That is because Katie has convinced herself that Brooke "stole" Bill from her; she is not remembering her part in the whole sordid mess. If I had to choose which "couple" behaved more inappropriately, hands down, that would be Katie and Ridge. I have many reasons for feeling that way:

• Brooke would never have given Bill a second thought if Katie hadn't interceded
  • Brooke only starting coming over, and getting involved, out of concern for Katie
  • Katie sent Bill and Brooke on a wild goose chase, scaring both of them half to death
  • Even after "treatment", Katie was cold and distant to Bill
  • Brooke and Bill fought their growing feelings for months, not a week
  • Ridge is only punishing Brooke for not waiting for him
  • Katie is only punishing Brooke because Bill chose her
  • Katie fake fainting, alarming her entire family that she was having another heart episode
  • Ridge and Katie acting like their actions differ in some way from Brooke and Bill's
  • Bill and Brooke kept a low profile; Ridge and Katie are in everyone's face, openly macking on each other

And...Brooke "worked on" Eric -- just like Ridge is trying to do; the only difference is Brooke succeeded. So he can suck it too.

Ridge never had a problem when Brooke "worked on" him.

What the hell is up with Katie? This is exactly what she was doing with taking over Spencer Publications - moving on with her life and focusing on her (Bill's) job and her son and making sure Will had a healthy environment to grow up in and blah blah blah, and now she's chewing Brooke out for trying to do the same? I get that Katie would be suspicious of this co-vice-president's thing because as she accurately pointed out, this is Brooke's MO and has been for years, but to say things like "Doesn't Ridge have the authority to [fire Oliver]?" when she knows full well that Ridge hasn't had much to do with FC for the last 18 months or so AND that Rick and Eric are the decision-makers, was just silly.

I see it as Katie's continued learning curve. Katie thinks she knows what dealing with Ridge and the Forrester's, her sister included, entails and is all about. Katie thinks she knows something about buisness because she has been a part time CEO for a few months. Katie thinks that because Ridge has always been the favored son, that Eric would naturally continue that tradition. Katie thinks that her actions and motivations are seen as pure, and without blame or consequenses. Katie is really quite clueless. Eric has never been Ridge's greatest champion, he has been Brooke's. Ridge's greatest champion, his mother, is no longer with us. Eric may love Ridge, but he also loves Rick. And Rick is Brooke's son.

• Love 2

Who is running Spencer Publications while Katie is playing soccer, and having fire side chats, and reading poetry, and having sex with Ridge, and going to Forrester? Does she have any idea what is going on over there?

and

What the hell is up with Katie? This is exactly what she was doing with taking over Spencer Publications - moving on with her life and focusing on her (Bill's) job and her son and making sure Will had a healthy environment to grow up in and blah blah blah, and now she's chewing Brooke out for trying to do the same?

So much word to both of these points: first that Katie and Ridge essentially DISAPPEARED into her bedroom for what? 2 days? Leaving the staff at SP to carry on without the CEO, and Brooke to have to break the news to RJ. Ridge sure wasn't in the office for those 2 days, and yet he thinks he should be running things? We saw how Rick is constantly getting called to weigh in on things; I guess every decision would have had to wait until Ridge got his freak on? and second, yeah, it's perfectly fine for Katie to throw herself into work (a job she got by deception, not that I was really weeping for Bill after the BS he's pulled) to get over heartache but when Brooke does it, it's nefarious? Sure, there's history there of Brooke using the work situation to be closer to Ridge but in those days, he wasn't exactly resistant...this shows both Katie's insecurity (shouldn't she trust Ridge? vs she KNOWS she can't trust Ridge) and her maddening double standard when it comes to her own behavior.

Shallow note: please costume people, stop putting Rick in these ridiculous shirts. you were on a different color collar kick for a while, now ugly stripes? STOP IT.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wish Brooke had told Katie that she was throwing herself into her work after the end of her relationship with Ridge...just like Katie did when the Bill relationship went bad.

BUT:

Katie trying to Brooke it up in her lingerie today, with candles and everything...just shows how insecure she is.

Now hold on folks, because I am going to say something positive about Ridge: good for him in refusing Eric's bribe. Eric should not be trying to manipulate his son's relationships this way; it's like he's channeling Stephanie and one of her was quite enough, thanks.

HA! I think HTo forgot to take off her own rings today because Katie was clearly wearing an engagement and wedding ring on the third finger of her left hand...

I am now suspicious of Oliver...he's moving awfully fast.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

If I am understanding correctly, Katie feels that Brooke should have rejected the co-vice president offer to show Katie her loyalty? For some reason I am unable to wrap my mind around that logic. I wish Brooke had blasted Katie's lack of loyalty to her niece and nephew, who had just been unduly attacked by Ridge. Further perplexing, is the fact that Katie knew about the takeover attempt in advance; knew that Ridge was going to attack and attempt to tear down everything Rick and Hope had accomplished. And Katie is ok with that? Brooke shouldn't be upset about it? She shouldn't want to be there to keep an eye on Ridge in regards to her children? Wasn't Katie "protecting" Will when she refused to let him come to Brooke's? Because, as an infant, he would have been scared for life. But Brooke shouldn't be upset or concerned for Rick or Hope? Afterall, all Ridge was doing was trying to steal Rick's position and essentially telling Hope that her line was for crap.

What would Katie have preferred? Does Katie want Brooke to have nothing? No man and no job? Sitting home alone in that big house? Of course she does; anything that will keep Brooke out of Ridge's orbit. Katie is totally insecure, and she should be. It is going to take a lot more than candles and lingerie to erase Brooke from Ridge's consciousness. I am officially done with Katie. Brooke kept a very low profile while she was with Bill, she wasn't in Katie's face with it, and she wasn't showing up at SP's telling Katie to stay away from Bill, and Will was one of her top priorities. Katie OTOH, seems to have lost sight of everything but her Norman Rockwell fantasy. I hope Rick and Hope are both hurt that Katie thinks so little of them and their accomplishments.

(edited)

I am now suspicious of Oliver...he's moving awfully fast.

I hope we're both wrong, but I agree with you.  Maya was right to ask about his intentions and to question whether his feelings are genuine.  He still seems hung up on Hope, because, well d'uh, who wouldn't be? 

Do they really have to do Floating Head Darla?  On Y&R, John Abbott's ghost appears to Jack all the time with no angelic white or glowing halo.  He's dressed in a suit like he always wore when he was alive, and you can see him from head to toe.  It's still cheesy, but not quite this cheesy.

I thought Brooke would be insulted when Eric told her about his ultimatum to Ridge.  I was insulted for her, especially after she had told Eric that she could be happy without a man and wanted to be alone for a while to focus on her kids.

Katie's smug gloating face is even uglier than her zitty face when she was a teenager.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1

I fast-forwarded through so much stuff today! I think I watched about five minutes of the show and then surprised myself when the credits started to roll all of a sudden. JMC's "I made him an offer he couldn't refuse!... and he refused it." was the line of the day for mine. Will Katie go to Eric and chew him out for trying to bribe the love of her life??? I sure hope so (won't happen). Also liked Brooke's "What are you talking about?!" because I'm pretty sure we've all said the same thing these last few weeks/months re: Katie banging on about being involved/committed/etc with Ridge. Her presumptuousness, smug attitude and insistence on rubbing Brooke's nose in it are doing her no favours if she wants to claim the "win" against her sister, which I think is the ultimate problem - both Ridge and Katie are trying to score points against Brooke (and Bill), and I saw Ridge's refusal of Eric's offer as just showboating in this regard. YMMV but I thought I saw TK play a bit of doubt when Ridge was talking to Katie about the offer, there was a look on his face like he was still contemplating the idea, or wondering whether he had really made the right decision as if Eric's words about Ridge loving Brooke his whole life were niggling away at him. But then again I may be giving away too much credit. 

Eric should not be trying to manipulate his son's relationships this way; it's like he's channeling Stephanie and one of her was quite enough, thanks.

What's the phrase? When you hear something often enough that you believe it's true? We can't really blame Eric for not having any original thoughts of his own, seeing as whatever ones he did have were consistently shot down over the last 25+ years. Once bitten, twice shy!

In other news, if anyone's on Twitter, Don Diamont and Rena Sofer are live tweeting during tomorrow's east coast show which should be good fun.

Do they really have to do Floating Head Darla?

The floating head is super cheesy. But then I thought (and I'm probably giving them too much credit here) Ally was a little girl when her mom died. She may not have any real memories of her -- only pictures, like the one in her treasured locket. So when she "sees" her mom, it's like the locket picture come to life. No body, just a smiling face. Of course, even if that's what they're going for it's still pretty bad.

I can't get over how rumpled and unprofessional nuRidge looked today while talking to Eric. This guy is a wealthy fashion designer, yet he was dressed like he woke up in the gutter after an all night bender and stumbled into the office with his tie loose, top shirt button undone, jacket unbuttoned. I was actually surprised his shirttail was tucked in. Even if his acting is better than RM (and, let's face it, whose isn't) he's just not Ridge. It's a shame they didn't bring him on as a new character.

I'm also not buying him with Katie. Wow, has she become a real shrew with the sarcasm and constant put-upon act. I really wish this show would move away from the infernal triangles and partner trading among family members.

• Love 2

Wow, it really was déjà vu all over again (TM Yogi Berra) with those scenes between Katie and Brooke and then Katie and Ridge.  It could have been Taylor telling Brooke that Ridge is with her now or Brooke telling Taylor the same.  And this exchange right here highlighted Katie's hypocrisy more than anything.  I hope she's headed for a bigtime fall.

Katie: You could have turned down the position.

Brooke: Why would I do that?

Katie: Oh, I don't know. Out of your respect for me and my relationship with him.

Brooke: You could have turned down ridge out of your respect for me and my family.

Katie: Well, I tried to do that, but it didn't work. Because he doesn't want you. I know that's hard for you to believe.

• Love 1

The floating head is super cheesy. But then I thought (and I'm probably giving them too much credit here) Ally was a little girl when her mom died. She may not have any real memories of her -- only pictures, like the one in her treasured locket. So when she "sees" her mom, it's like the locket picture come to life. No body, just a smiling face. Of course, even if that's what they're going for it's still pretty bad.

I have never thought about this, but it does have merit. My thoughts have been that they left out Darla's body because this is not a sentimental reunion between mommy and daughter, but a manifestation of Ally's crazy, and her impression that her mother was a saint; hence the "glow" around Darla's head. And the Floating Darla Head of Wisdom, does not dish out the best advise when you consider that her words feed, and play right into, Ally's delusions. I don't find it touching or sweet; I find it totally creepy.

It could have been Taylor telling Brooke that Ridge is with her now or Brooke telling Taylor the same.

It did feel a little like old times yesterday, and it continued when Ridge was telling Katie that "I am where I want to be". Unfortunately for Katie, what she doesn't know is Ridge has always qualified that statement with "for now". And I think the questions that is begging to be asked is , why does Brooke need to respect Katie and Ridge's relationship? Is there some unwritten law that only Katie gets that, because she sure didn't respect Brooke and Bill. No, she went out of her way to undermine their relationship, using anything at her disposal including her son.

I think what has really lit my wick though is Ridge's attitude toward Brooke taking up with Bill Spencer "the despicable human being", but not feeling that way about Katie, who did a whole lot more that "take up" with Bill. So, I guess Bill didn't become "despicable" until her started seeing Brooke? Bill prior to that was a real swell guy, who only did good deeds, and was a good samaritan? To the contrary, I think Bill became a much better person after becoming involved with Brooke. Ridge will never see that though.

• Love 2