Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

The struggle for control of FC is not just a business issue, it is a family issue. It is high time for all of Eric's children, Thorne, Kristen, Felicia and Bridget, to return to Forrester. Eric's other children have been pushed aside in favor of Ridge their entire lives. Ridge has systematically bullied all of his siblings to the extent that they stay out of FC business as much as possible. Rick is the only one left standing to challenge him. Someone in that family besides Rick needs to tell Ridge that although he is a great designer, he sucks as a CEO. Who better to tell him than all his siblings.

Omfg, A-freaking-men. Last time Ridge was in charge he ran the company into the ground so hard that Bill had to bail them out and Katie brought it out of the ashes. Before that Ridge and Eric were running things and it turned the highest profit when Brooke introduced BeLief and Brooke's Bedroom, now Rick is at the helm and the profits are soaring.

The Logans have systematically proved to be good business people and Ridge has historically proved not to be. That is indisputable canon, we don't know if Thorne, Bridget, Kristen or Felicia have a head for business because they never gave them a chance to try. Hell they wouldn't even let Felcica design for god's sake. Both Felicia and Thorne had to go to Spectra to get out of the damn basement.

They all need to come out of there and surround Ridge like that epic scene from The Vampire Diaries when all Klaus'siblings were undaggered. Ridge has been a selfish solipsistic bastard since the show's inception and he's taken something and someone from every single one of his siblings (including Nick) he deserves every bad thing that happens to him. Time for the Forresters to come back to the fold.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

I knew all of Rick's boo hooing to daddy that he knew he was being a tyrant was just sauce for the goose. It's obvious that he doesn't know how to run the company without being a gigantic prick. Once daddy is back fishing with his brother, foot rubbing and ice cream fetching will be back.

• Love 8

If I were Rick and I arrived at my office, and my now nemesis is hanging out there with is daughter, I would certainly say something.  I think that was tame. 

But WTF with these people conspiring to overthrow Forrester and plotting in the CEO office. SMH!

Ivy ever gently scolded $Bill who is as smug as ever.  Even Katie was easy on him.  I am kind of looking forward to this coup, because Ridge will be CEO and his plan is that he will not deal with $Bill, but we know that won't happen, and we will see an implosion.  Steffie will get in the middle of Ivy and Liam.  Maybe Katie will get her brain back and wash her hands of the whole thing.

• Love 5
But WTF with these people conspiring to overthrow Forrester and plotting in the CEO office. SMH!

It's just like when Maya and Nicole repeatedly discussed The Secret in the CEO office. That's how both Carter and Wyatt got wind of it. I think if $Bill wants to take over Forrester, all he needs to do is bug that office since that's where all the dirt comes out, both business and personal.

• Love 9

I re-watched yesterday's episode solely for the purpose of seeing again how absolutely gorgeous Ivy is. 

She truly is a stunning beauty and reminds me of a young, fresh Elizabeth Taylor.

Such a contrast to Steffy - Bratz doll indeed. More like a fried hair, drag queen wannabe who needs to step AWAY from the bronzer Bratz doll. JMW really did go the way of her TV mom HT with what she's done to herself.  If she turns Liam's head again (beyond the can't help but look at the trainwreck she's become gaping), then they deserve each other as Ivy deserves far better.

JMWs real life plasticized/lip filler/spray tanned/ombre extensioned hair/Page 3 glamor model-styling is unsightly, though she is exploring other career options:

http://static4.imagecollect.com/preview/138/9b22df73d49e99a

But she gonna' keep it classy ...

vperuh.jpg

It would amaze you how much it costs to look so cheap.

• Love 6

I can't believe I'm confessing to this but I kinda dug Still (Steffy/Bill) the first go-round so I might be willing to see them again.

With JMW's new, um, look, Bill and she appear to be about the same age.

Plus Katie would be PIIIISSSEEEDDD so that's a bonus.

I'm all for this!
  • Love 3

"Plus Katie would be PIIIISSSEEEDDD so that's a bonus."

Katie would be shooting tears out of her eyes like bullets, sharp teeth chewing the air.  Everybody, including the dock-loading guy, would clear the area. 

I see Cujo.

tumblr_mo0idnw5Mx1s488ujo1_500.gif

• Love 4

JMWs real life plasticized/lip filler/spray tanned/ombre extensioned hair/Page 3 glamor model-styling is unsightly, though she is exploring other career options:

vperuh.jpg

It would amaze you how much it costs to look so cheap.

I don't know what happened to her but she looked great on, her series , Party On. I hope her slamming body didn't go to pot also!

Her butt looks bigger. Maybe Khloe Kardashian's hairstyle isn't the only thing she "borrowed."

I think Steffy was lying through her teeth when she told Ridge that she was going to be hands-off with Liam. Right.

Back to this "Ridge stole Caroline" axe Rick (and now Eric) is grinding. Rick and Caroline were very happy newlyweds when she started being Ridge's hand surrogate. What transpired wasn't the result of Rick mistreating Caroline in any fashion. Caroline's crush on Ridge was acted on, plain and simple. It probably would have blown over if Maya hadn't outed them the way she did. Rick's been a complete asshole to her in the office but prior to that, he was OK.

What did Brooke sort of half-ass murmur to Rick when he was ranting about how Ridge "broke up their family?" It was something non-committal, like she was sort of acknowledging that she had a role in all of that. But not really.

I liked how today it was finally mentioned that the CEO's office is FC community property.

• Love 6

I'm sooooooo tired of everyone complaining on this show. Rick and Ridge please shut up! I want a completely unexpected person to swoop in last minute and take over. One who would give both sides hell. Ridge and co getting it just makes the drama come to a screeching halt.

Also, where's Maya? Poor girl has gone to the attic so Ivy can get some screen time. And Steffys face makes me hurt, it looks painful. She actually looks like Hunter Tylo's child now

• Love 8
(edited)

All the problems with the kids fighting one another, from day damn one of this show begin and end with Stephanie and Eric. While he didn't always have a blatant favorite (which wasn't even Ridge, but Kirsten), he was certainly sitting by the sidelines letting Steph play games, beginning with her championing Team CaRidge 1.0 up to the day of Caroline's wedding--to Thorne.

As for the CEO position, screw both of them. Granted, Ridge is a prick and an entitled waffle in his own right but at no point in the show's history have I ever thought he needed to be institutionalized as I think Rick should be (and I include the events with the previous recast as well). But he IS a prick and entitled and this chain of events began because he went after his sister-in-law. Again.

I conside (sic?) Rick's transformation back into Paul Ryan mode is the writers having no ability to write nuance and is the will of whatever plot they're cooking up, but none of this would have happened if not for Ridge giving no fucks who gets hurt in the name of lust.

Amen to all that!

Team Rick or Team Ridge? I'm Team Total Stranger Never Seen Before Not Related To Any Family Completely Asexual.

How many times has Ridge crashed the front office, kicked Eric to the curb and taken over Forrester Creations? Twice so far?

Ridge, Steffy and Liam (oh, oh ... that breathy Hello between Liam and Steffy translates to You Know You Still Want To Fuck Me) conspiring to takeover Forrester Creations was hilarious. Steffy has no riders or provisions for the use of the stock she controls. Ridge says he likes Liam, but doesn't want $Bill involved with the takeover. 

--$Bill owns the FC stock, not Liam.

--$Bill overturned Liam's publishing decision and blasted Maya gender change all over the place to humiliate ... ummm ... everyone involved with Maya. And simply cannot be trusted.

--Liam knows $Bill wants to run the FC takeover -- to bury Rick, and lord it over the Forrester's, especially Ridge. Liam has no power or argument to stop him from exacting his long-simmering vengeance on the Forrester's.

Liam is going ahead with the takeover, saying whatever is necessary to convince Steffy and Ridge they will run Forrester Creations when the coup d'état is over. But being $Bill's hereditary meat puppet and general waffler, Liam will betray the Forrester's -- that's what he's done historically when under pressure. Liam will convince himself $Bill leading the takeover will be to the benefit of Ivy, Ally, and everyone involved. $Bill will change that conviction in a heartbeat.

Isn't it heartwarming to know that so many of the Forrester's/Forrester-adjacent family members or their lackeys (Ridge, Steffy, Ivy, Wyatt, Pam, Katie, Carter, Charlie, Caroline, Ally, Oliver, Loading-dock Guy) have willingly conspired to strip Eric Forrester of his company.

You are fortunate man, Eric ... Surrounded by the people you mentored and taught, gave job opportunities, shared the lime-light, accolades and the cash, embraced and forgave to maintain your parasitic family relationship, and tell you they respect and love you. Check your back for stab wounds.

And just because:

giphy.gif

WAFFLE!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9

Her butt looks bigger. Maybe Khloe Kardashian's hairstyle isn't the only thing she "borrowed."

Seriously, if you threw a bucket of turpentine on her pants she'd be naked from the waist down!

• Love 1
You are fortunate man, Eric ... Surrounded by the people you mentored and taught, gave job opportunities, shared the lime-light, accolades and the cash, embraced and forgave to maintain your parasitic family relationship, and tell you they respect and love you. Check your back for stab wounds.

I don't think Eric deserves much sympathy. He's supporting the little whiny baby who's not only been abusing staff and family himself but allowing his girlfriend to do the same. If it takes a palace coup for him to see the light then AFAIC, so be it. Eric Forrester is no Julius Caesar.

• Love 12
(edited)

Isn't it heartwarming to know that so many of the Forrester's/Forrester-adjacent family members or their lackeys (Ridge, Steffy, Ivy, Wyatt, Pam, Katie, Carter, Charlie, Caroline, Ally, Oliver, Loading-dock Guy) have willingly conspired to strip Eric Forrester of his company.

They're stripping Rick of his CEO dictatorship. Eric always thought and ran the company with other parts than his brain. He lost shares after shares to Brooke (51%) and then again with Donna (12.5). Which ended up with how Bill got shares in the first place to even be part of this takeover. Bill has his shares because Eric's divorce with Donna.

Eric also caused Bill to fully take over the company the first time he did it because Eric fired Stephanie and sent the company into distress that he needed a buyout loan.

The only reason Eric got any of the company back is because of Steffy getting it back from Bill. The REST deal, Steffy never should have given Eric anything. She should have known better and kept that 25 for herself.

Eric would have had no shares at all or any company to put in Rick's hands had it not been for Steffy getting Eric those shares back.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8

There have been far too many posts on Ridge versus the rest of his family to comment on, but they've all were good. Bridget is the only one of his siblings that hasn't openly resented him at one point in her adult life. But I doubt anyone wants to revisit why THAT is.

Can Nick return to the show? Or any of the Marone clan? Hell, I think even Amber would be a better CEO than Rick right now.

• Love 5

I don't think Eric deserves much sympathy. He's supporting the little whiny baby who's not only been abusing staff and family himself but allowing his girlfriend to do the same. If it takes a palace coup for him to see the light then AFAIC, so be it. Eric Forrester is no Julius Caesar.

I think Eric has been foolish in the hope of Ridge or Rick being capable of setting aside their personal differences for the benefit of anything but their inflated egos.

Unfortunately, there isn't anyone in his family that has the experience, education or inclination to act in a professional manner to manage FC. Eric should have hired someone from outside as CEO or lion tamer.

Ridge and Steffy are directly conspiring with Liam Spencer, as $Bill's mouthpiece, to takeover FC. They are idiots if they think $Bill Spencer won't sweep in with a new broom, and make their lives hell. 

Rick and Eric will certainly be deposed; not a surprise. Rick will go on a tangent, run amok or cry to Brooke -- Old news. Maybe he'll get it together to organize a counter strike. <shrug>

Eric will know with certainty that he 'has nourished a brood of vipers to his bosom' (to paraphrase the Bible), and that will diminish him. Some truths are destructive. Eric misconstrued venality for loyalty. Eric miscalculated love and respect for resentment and rancor.

• Love 7

As far as I can tell, Eric deserves what he gets.  He seems to have actively pitted 2 sons against each other so I'm not sure how he can complain at the fallout. Dangling the CEO position in front of those two is akin to dangling raw meat over the lion enclosure... 

The thing is, Ridge doesn't really seem to have been devastated all these months by not being CEO, just by Rick being CEO.  But Rick and Maya have annoyed me so much with the bullying and nastiness, I can't take Rick's side either.  There isn't anyone rootable in this mess. 

Still, B&B is much better than DAYS (in its 50th anniversary year for crying out loud) or GH.  How sad is that?     

• Love 13
(edited)

Please just deliver me already! That is twice now that Brooke has allowed Rick to mamble on about mean old Ridge, and how he has destroyed Rick's life, and how he broke up his loving, Norman Rockwell family; and said nothing to correct him. Did this traitorous twit really just sit there and commiserate and agree with her man child son? You know what needs to happen? Rick needs to get an education on his mother; someone needs to fill him in on how Brooke manipulated numerous situations in order to wind up in Ridge's bed. He also needs to get an education on how much Brooke hurt his father by leaving him for Ridge, and get rid of this notion that Ridge carried an unwilling Brooke off in the night. If one didn't know better, they would think that Ridge is some sort of wizard, or sorcerer, or enchanter, that cast a powerful spell over Brooke's Glittery Who Ha. The whole conversion had me rolling my eyes so hard I developed a headache. Between Eric's condoning, Brooke's enabling, and the baby voice she uses to address her grown ass son; I guess it is no surprise that Rick still needs Momma and Dadda to wipe his snotty nose. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if Brooke didn't pack Rick's briefcase for him, providing a well rounded lunch that touches all the points on the food pyramid, with the crust cut off his PBJ sandwich, and plenty of clean nappies, cause Rick is about to soil his diaper when he learns about the takeover. And as if he hadn't already said enough, he comes with this leading statement "Well, I really should get going. I don't want anybody accusing me of slacking off." Now, why was that necessary? Of course he wanted Brooke to look concerned and worried that someone might be mean to her Wee Wittle Boy, and Brooke fell for it, and gave Rick the opening he was looking for to bash Ridge and Ivy again. You know, I just don't get this Ivy abuse. Rick doesn't seem to understand that when Ivy encountered him and Maya at Bathtub Hut, he was the one in the wrong. Ivy was simply visiting a friend and happened upon the two love struck kids. And I also have no problem with Ivy questioning what was going on there. She was/is Caroline's friend, she is a Forrester, and is employed by the family business.  I have simply run out of fucks to give for Rick being all butt hurt because he was caught red handed in his treachery and duplicity. 

And pulling the friggin Marone card again Rick? So Ridge is not "sophisticated" enough to be a Forrester? Well, that is not saying much when you consider how low the bar has been set by Eric. So, now it seems we have a new set of requirements to be a "true" Forrester; out with the old, and in with the new right:

How To Be A "True" Forrester in 10 easy steps:

1. Feel entitled

2. Endlessly whine

3. Treat family like domestics

4. Treat family like dirt

5. Can't be above sabotage if the situation calls for it

6. Profits, at all costs

7. Lie to get what you want

8. Rely on Momma and Dadda to prop you, because you are not man enough to stand on your own

9. Blame everyone else for all your shortcomings

10. Be ready, willing, and able to bring loaded firearms to work to keep the staff in line

Somehow I feel the takeover is going to fail again; the players don't mesh, it feels like a witch's brew gone wrong. Ridge can request Bill stay out of it all he wants, but that is never going to happen. If Eric had any brains above his waistline, he would not be making these ridiculous decisions, would not be driving an even bigger wedge between his sons, and would attempt to mediate some sort of truce between them by naming someone else CEO. At this point I say fuck it all, just name Quinn CEO and Wyatt President, and we could not only work the transgender thing in, but we could have an S&M line of leather, lace, whips, and chains. Then we could venture into the culinary sexual arts, and feature whisks, and wooden spoons, and spatulas. Heck, they could even do a "jewelry" line with nothing but gold, silver, brass and platinum covering the models nether parts. At this point I would take anything if it meant I no longer had to watch a petulant, red faced, runny nosed brat named Rick stamp his feet and scream bloody fucking murder to get his way. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 23
(edited)

Runthe Table, excellent post. According to Brooke, Eric, and Rick, Ridge is Eric Northman who glamoured Brooke into his bed and to forsake all other people in her life. If Eric, Brooke, and Rick want to blame Ridge for there shortcomings to get through the day, than so be it.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 2
Ridge is Eric Northman

LOL, as much as I like TK's Ridge, he's no Eric Northman. Oy, the body on that guy (and nary a sparkle anywhere on him). Thanks for that yummy flash from the past.

Eric should have hired someone from outside as CEO or lion tamer.

Has this ever happened? Has someone not in the Forrester family ever run the company? If nothing else it would probably unite Ridge and Rick because they'd likely both consider this person an interloper who's encroaching on their property.

Unfortunately, there isn't anyone in his family that has the experience, education or inclination to act in a professional manner to manage FC. Eric should have hired someone from outside as CEO or lion tamer.

LOL. I'd love to see Siegfried and Roy as the new co-CEOs.

• Love 2

Joimiaroxeu, you are so right that Eric isn't Julius Caesar. He isn't even Little Caesar (pizza pizza!). He doesn't rise to the level of a Caesar salad, although his IQ is almost there. I never thought of Eric as a sadist, but he must be getting a serious charge out of having two sons beg for his love. His other children are wise to stay away. In fact, I'm going to fanwank that Thorne finally got wise to Eric's game and decided he'd rather validate his own self than leave the basement.

I'd like to see Ridge and Bill try to run FC together if only for the lulz.

• Love 13

Aren't designer and CEO both full-time jobs?  I would think Ridge SHOULDN'T be CEO so he could continue to put out those fabulous gowns he designs.  I would like to see Katie in there, holding on to both arms of her chair, daring anybody to take it away from her.  Two secretaries and one bodyguard.  (One of the secretaries could be a young male, why not?) 

• Love 5

Wasn't Katie more or less Bill's mouthpiece when she ran FC? Her only real accomplishment (if you could call it that) was green-lighting HFTF, which laid the foundation for the blue-eyed monster we now call Hope and the hellish three-year ToD. Way to go! (NOT.)

• Love 3

LOL. I'd love to see Siegfried and Roy as the new co-CEOs.

Or Milli & Vanilli?  On second thought, maybe the sole position should go to Loading Dock Guy?

Aren't designer and CEO both full-time jobs? 

Great point.  For example, Chanel's CEO Maureen Chiquet is not and never was a designer, her background is mainly in merchandising.  I'm not particularly familiar with the fashion industry. Is there such a thing as an executive position responsible for overseeing artistry/creativity?  Hell, even if there isn't, this is a soap, they could make up such a position (Chief Creativity Officer) for Ridge.

• Love 4

Please just deliver me already! That is twice now that Brooke has allowed Rick to mamble on about mean old Ridge, and how he has destroyed Rick's life, and how he broke up his loving, Norman Rockwell family; and said nothing to correct him. Did this traitorous twit really just sit there and commiserate and agree with her man child son? 

I out-squinted Ms. Squinty herself watching her let Rick go on and on (and on) how Ridge stole her like a thief in the night. 

She wishes...

• Love 7

This whole thing with Eric dictating who gets to be CEO makes no sense to begin with, they don't need a corporate takeover, they just need a board vote. Eric doesn't have 51% of the shares, if he did that would be different. He'd get to appoint who he wants because he is the sole deciding vote if anyone was against him anyways.

All they need is to call a vote and all those opposed to Rick being CEO raise your hand. Steffy, Ridge and Thomas are 50% and then Bill is 12.5%. Eric gets out voted.

• Love 8

{Shallow voice} I'm rooting for Ridge because he's hot.

No argument from me on that score.  :-)  I'm just trying to be objective.  Mostly failing, but trying.  (I couldn't even watch this storyline if it weren't for TK.)   

I've heard a lot on this board about Stephanie and OG Ridge and their less than healthy relationship.  Am I looking at a next gen version with Brooke and Rick?  Or am I reading into their scenes lately in the wrong way?

• Love 4

Ridge, if you keep dropping hints that Liam should be with Steffy, I will hate you like poison. Pull up, partner.

I laugh in Rick's general direction. Ridge needs to be coddled and stroked? Ridge? Says the man who suckles the CEO position like a goddamned binky. Does Rick even listen to himself? He basically told Carter that he can only behave decently when he has total control. Not healthy, dude. Does Rick know his place, since he likes to pontificate about others knowing theirs? Hint: It's got four wheels and a sippy cup holder and should be shoved down a steep hill by a disgruntled nanny.

Fuck me in the neck with a Quinn Artisanal letter opener, it's FUN, QUIRKY flashbacks with Waffles and Cha-cha. Better yet, it's accompanied by FUN, QUIRKY inappropriate flirting! Why doesn't Bell just visit each individual viewer and beat them about the head and neck with a partially thawed haddock? Don't make us listen to this shit everyday. It. Is. Excrutiating.

Nothing creepy about consulting with your mother's slightly terrifying portrait, Ridge. No sir. Seriously man, you're losing me.

• Love 14
(edited)

No argument from me on that score.  :-)  I'm just trying to be objective.  Mostly failing, but trying.  (I couldn't even watch this storyline if it weren't for TK.)   

I've heard a lot on this board about Stephanie and OG Ridge and their less than healthy relationship.  Am I looking at a next gen version with Brooke and Rick?  Or am I reading into their scenes lately in the wrong way?

When Brooke listens outside Rick's door as he's schutpping Maya or whoever, then we could maybe have a comparison. If Brooke smiles and nods to herself like, "that's my boy!," then you'll know it's reached Stephanie and Original Recipe Ridge proportions. 

I wish I was kidding.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 6

When Brooke listens outside Rick's door as he's schutpping Maya or whoever, then we could maybe have a comparison. If Brooke smiles and nods to herself like, "that's my boy!," then you'll know it's reached Stephanie and Original Recipe Ridge proportions. 

I wish I was kidding.

Ewww... Gross.  That had to have scarred a generation of soap viewers.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ewww... Gross.  That had to have scarred a generation of soap viewers.

There isn't enough brain bleach on the planet to wipe away the memory of Stephanie listening to her precious giving it to Lippy (I mean, Taylor). You just know she wished she was the one in bed with Ridge. 

giphy.gif

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 5

Nothing creepy about consulting with your mother's slightly terrifying portrait, Ridge. No sir. Seriously man, you're losing me.

Hey, if Brooke can have drunken talks with Stephanie's portrait, Ridge should be allowed. She's one of the few family members on his side at the moment. (And on a more serious note, the fact they keep throwing the Marone card in his face has basically made him an outsider in his own family. Suddenly he's missing the comfort and safety and unconditional defense of the woman who always had his back. If he didn't have Caroline, Ridge would be really feeling the cold.)

And it's better than having a floating head Stephanie over Ridge's shoulder. We'd be getting into Norma/Norman Bates territory.

However, now having put it out there, I kinda want to see TK and SF try to pull that off, LOL.

• Love 8
(edited)

Ridge, if you keep dropping hints that Liam should be with Steffy, I will hate you like poison. Pull up, partner.

I laugh in Rick's general direction. Ridge needs to be coddled and stroked? Ridge? Says the man who suckles the CEO position like a goddamned binky. Does Rick even listen to himself? He basically told Carter that he can only behave decently when he has total control. Not healthy, dude. Does Rick know his place, since he likes to pontificate about others knowing theirs? Hint: It's got four wheels and a sippy cup holder and should be shoved down a steep hill by a disgruntled nanny.

Fuck me in the neck with a Quinn Artisanal letter opener, it's FUN, QUIRKY flashbacks with Waffles and Cha-cha. Better yet, it's accompanied by FUN, QUIRKY inappropriate flirting! Why doesn't Bell just visit each individual viewer and beat them about the head and neck with a partially thawed haddock? Don't make us listen to this shit everyday. It. Is. Excrutiating.

Not only should Rick be CEO but he should be governor of CA. As most of the politicians, Rick has the ability to talk out of both sides of his mouth at the same time as well as talking through his ass hole. And Yes, Rick loves the sounds of his own voice especially when he spouts off about Ridge to anyone that will listen.

I do not find anything wrong with Ridge speaking to his mother's picture. To me it's the same as speaking to a grave marker in a cemetery. Actually, I would not be surprised if we find out that Rick jerks off to Maya's picture over the mantle whispering you are the love of my life and you never ever ever betrayed me; but Rick still has to shoutout I'm CEO to climax.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7

Brooke was highly interested in the momentous occasion of Hope losing her virginity to Liam. IIRC, Brooke showed up at Liam's early the next morning with refreshments. Then she sat down and acted like she expected them to discuss the experience with her so she could grade them or something. It was kinda creepy to me. If/when Rick and Maya get back together, it wouldn't at all surprise me if Brooke questions Maya on how well she's able to satisfy Rick given her "special" anatomy. I'm surprised she hasn't already gone there with Rick.

• Love 9

Hey, if Brooke can have drunken talks with Stephanie's portrait, Ridge should be allowed. She's one of the few family members on his side at the moment. (And on a more serious note, the fact they keep throwing the Marone card in his face has basically made him an outsider in his own family. Suddenly he's missing the comfort and safety and unconditional defense of the woman who always had his back. If he didn't have Caroline, Ridge would be really feeling the cold.)

On any other soap I've watched, people suddenly mentioning a character or family that hasn't been onscreen in a while usually meant that they were about to be reappear.  I wouldn't mind seeing Ridge's biological family members.  They couldn't be much worse than what we've got now.  Could they? 

(edited)

JMWs real life plasticized/lip filler/spray tanned/ombre extensioned hair/Page 3 glamor model-styling is unsightly, though she is exploring other career options:

vperuh.jpg

It would amaze you how much it costs to look so cheap.

Awww ouch. That's pretty mean. :(

I'm sooooooo tired of everyone complaining on this show. Rick and Ridge please shut up! I want a completely unexpected person to swoop in last minute and take over. One who would give both sides hell. Ridge and co getting it just makes the drama come to a screeching halt.

Also, where's Maya? Poor girl has gone to the attic so Ivy can get some screen time. And Steffys face makes me hurt, it looks painful. She actually looks like Hunter Tylo's child now

Thorne....Bridget!!! dun dun duuuuuun!!

I wish I was kidding.

Yikes. I wish you were kidding too. Oh Stephanie, I don't miss you. SF was BAMF though.

1. Feel entitled

2. Endlessly whine

3. Treat family like domestics

4. Treat family like dirt

5. Can't be above sabotage if the situation calls for it

6. Profits, at all costs

7. Lie to get what you want

8. Rely on Momma and Dadda to prop you, because you are not man enough to stand on your own

9. Blame everyone else for all your shortcomings

10. Be ready, willing, and able to bring loaded firearms to work to keep the staff in line

Ridge has done all these things except for the last one. So I guess he is a true Forrester afterall. For #10 I will substitute that two brothers have pointed loaded guns in his direction and one wishes he did. He sure does have a way with people.  If this is to be believed Thorne's only regret is that he didn't aim a little to the left. 

I know we tend to tangent about Rick or Ridge around here but I have a different problem and it's Liam. His father is basically Victor Newman, gives him a title that basically turns out to mean nothing because Bill still gets the final input. If this Maya story doesn't come with a loss of sales and backlash for Spencer Publications I will be totally bummed. It's ignorant of Bill not to have the faith in Liam to let him do his job as he sees fit and it's pathetic of Liam to take it lying down. Who wants to be a figurehead? Liam is right that the backlash for something like that is very real and frankly it should have consequences not just for shaming and publicly humiliating Maya but for the fact that he doesn't have enough respect for the President of the company to believe that he knows the climate out there and can make informed decisions based on it. For all BIll's blather about how it's just business it absolutely isn't. The only reason he ran the story was personal, to try and get Rick out of Forrester and that.is.not.smart business. I hope Liam is proven right in the coming episodes and that BIll gets his balls handed to him by the community. The daddy issues on this show are phenomenal. Yeesh!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3
(edited)
Rick doesn't seem to understand that when Ivy encountered him and Maya at Bathtub Hut, he was the one in the wrong. Ivy was simply visiting a friend and happened upon the two love struck kids. And I also have no problem with Ivy questioning what was going on there. She was/is Caroline's friend, she is a Forrester, and is employed by the family business.  I have simply run out of fucks to give for Rick being all butt hurt because he was caught red handed in his treachery and duplicity.

I would be okay with that if Ivy wasn't the same character who set an Olympic World Record for excuse making after the CaRidge reveal.  It's hypocritical at best (and completely friggin' asinine at worst) to dismiss CaRidge's duplicity, then be questioning anything happening between Rick and Maya.  To be fair, she was just one of MANY characters doing the same idiotic thing.

Ridge pretending to do this for altruistic reasons has been good for a chuckle.  I laughed each time he recounted the story of how Rick attacked him, especially how he conveniently left out the parts about sneaking up to Rick's room and acting like a gigantic asshole to someone who was recuperating from a car accident.  At this point, I wish they would've let Rick go to jail for shooting the gun as opposed to hearing about it every episode since then.

I can't fathom how this triangle will be easier to stomach just because Hope has been replaced by Ivy.  I HATE Steffy, detest Waffles, and honestly don't care about Ivy at all.  

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 7

I wish people would stop talking about "Loading Dock Guy", he has a name..............Thorne !

In fact, I'm going to fanwank that Thorne finally got wise to Eric's game and decided he'd rather validate his own self than leave the basement.

Poor Thorne alone in the basement self-validating. ;(      I hope he doesn't go blind.

Dear writers, I'm sorry I asked for a B story last week. Please make Steffy go and I promise I won't ask for anything else ever.

• Love 12

Okay, so being born a female in a male body is not Maya's fault. I get that. But how is being biologically a Marrone but raised as a Forrester Ridge's fault? Why is it okay to taunt him about that?

• Love 12

It's not okay for Rick to rub Ridge's lack of Forrester blood in his face, not to me anyway. Actually I find it quite cruel. I've always hated how soap operas treat blood ties as sacrosanct and superior. Rick's just the latest mouthpiece for that douchey throwback idea.

• Love 14

Okay, so being born a female in a male body is not Maya's fault. I get that. But how is being biologically a Marrone but raised as a Forrester Ridge's fault? Why is it okay to taunt him about that?

You ask an excellent question, and I wish I could give this 1,000 likes!

• Love 6

You can't forget the time Bridget 1.0 lost her virginity to Deacon and Eric, Brooke and Rick listened in by phone. That was comedy gold!

Isn't Liam being president of Spencer Publications AND vice president of FC a conflict of interest? I can't wait until $Bill finds out.

I thought that Katie's goading at Ivy about Steffy was more for Katie's own reassurance that the Stallion wouldn't be tempted to ChaChaCha.

Gah.... in the last scene with Liam, those close-ups of JMW's face were painful. Her face is shorter, lop-sided and looks like she's had chunks of cement injected. She's coming close to a case I saw on "Botched."

• Love 6

Does Rick even listen to himself? He basically told Carter that he can only behave decently when he has total control.

What did that even mean when he said that?  It went something like "I was like that when I took the position, but now that my father supports me I won't be that way anymore." Ummm didn't he get the position in the 1st place because daddy gave it to him?  How is now any different than then?

• Love 2

If blood ties are so sacrosanct that we are calling out Ridge on being a Marone, then how about the blood tie to Stephanie? I mean, after all, if memory serves me right FC was built on Eric's design talent and Stephanie's money and business sense. So put that in your pipe and cry over it, Ricky. And if Ridge isn't "Forrester" enough, why do he and his children (who have zero Forrester blood) own half the company stock? Oh yeah, that any way the wind blows writing thing.

• Love 6

So according to the credits on 05/27, Ashlyn Pearce is no longer a contract cast member. Unless she goes recurring, her last airdate was April 22nd. Guess this means Thorne will never come out of the basement lol.

Not to fixate on looks but like Sharon Case on Y&R, I cannot fathom why JMW does what she does to her face, she didn't need the extra work.  At least SC, waited until after 40 to start tinkering and finally her face has begun to settle (maybe someone was honest with her).  Someone, a really good friend needs to sit JMW down and explain to her what she is doing to her looks.

• Love 3

Cupid Stunt, on 27 May 2015 - 5:06 PM, said:

JMWs real life plasticized/lip filler/spray tanned/ombre extensioned hair/Page 3 glamor model-styling is unsightly, though she is exploring other career options:

http://static4.image...9b22df73d49e99a

vperuh.jpg

It would amaze you how much it costs to look so cheap.

Slayer2 quote

Awww ouch. That's pretty mean. :(

I'm not the one hanging off a Platinum Stripper Pole or giving the finger to a photographer.

The idea that any press is good press, that just getting your name and face out there is a benefit that outweighs any negative content is a myth. It's also a losing strategy, particularly for women of limited skills and high-maintenance beauty.

• Love 2