Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Similarly, $Bill likely isn't going to oust Rick because of the manufactured "scandal" of Maya being transgender. If it happens it'll be because  Rick the CEO won't be able to contain any economic damage to FC because he's too distracted, immature, and coddled by Eric and Brooke. Hopefully the writers are going to be making that distinction more clear as this storyline progresses. (Yeah, no, it's probably just going to be a big sympathy-fest for poor wee Rick and matriarch-wannabe Maya, and poo on all the big meanies who don't bow down to their twu luv.)

That's how I felt about the show a while back... complete with CaRidge as the sympathetic figures, Rick/Maya as the big meanies, and everyone else there for the sole purpose of coddling Caroline and to a lesser degree, Ridge.  It's funny now that the shoe is on the other foot.  Silly, over the top writing isn't good regardless of whether you like the characters involved or not. 

• Love 6
(edited)

That's how I felt about the show a while back... complete with CaRidge as the sympathetic figures, Rick/Maya as the big meanies, and everyone else there for the sole purpose of coddling Caroline and to a lesser degree, Ridge. It's funny now that the shoe is on the other foot. Silly, over the top writing isn't good regardless of whether you like the characters involved or not.

I wish I had a post specific cheer and uniform for this. So in light of that...Go Team? (Sorry, they were cheerleader deficient at my high school)

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

The Forresters are a traditional Beverly Hills family? Is it a BH tradition to fuck one's way through entire families? Quasi-incest is just an old-fashioned value, I guess.

Eric is a stupidity artist, clearly. He has taken stupidity to a new and transcendent level that should be admired and analyzed in museums around the world. Sure, Eric, your son isn't a mess, he's a hot mess with anger issues out the wazoo and a history of using handguns and abusing his employees. Ridge wasn't bringing the smarts today either; if Eric wasn't going to shitcan Rick over firing a deadly weapon in the office, he's not going to do it over this "scandalous" revelation about Maya. Rick could go on a public masturbation spree wearing an I AM ERIC FORRESTER JR AND CEO OF FORRESTER CREATIONS t-shirt, and Eric would just stand there with that insufferable smug smile on his face, telling Ridge "You're just bringing up poor Rick's wanking in the dog park because he's CEO and you're not." God damn. The stupid is bad enough, but Eric is so proudly stupid that it just burns my biscuits.

Look at Brooke being all manipulative while describing another woman's manipulations to Rick. Classic Brooke. Why do Brooke and Eric keep trying to tell their grown ass son who he can and cannot be romantically involved with?

• Love 14

The answer to that Ninja is Brooke wants Rick away from Maya and back with Caroline so Ridge is free for her. Just about every decision Brooke has ever made is directly incumbent on how it affects her hoo-ha.

• Love 5
(edited)
Look at Brooke being all manipulative while describing another woman's manipulations to Rick. Classic Brooke. Why do Brooke and Eric keep trying to tell their grown ass son who he can and cannot be romantically involved with?

Throughout today's show I was shocked. Rick's not going to call Maya because his mom told him not to?

Good grief.

Edited by C76
  • Love 7

At the end of the day, you can't deny your past.  On "Mad Men", Don Draper was always Dick Whitman.  He may have assumed the identity of a more-accomplished, better-educated dead man, but he was always the hardscrabble, poor, unwanted child of a prostitute.  And, after seven seasons, he only became whole when he realized he needed to reconcile and integrate those two parts of himself.  

Here, Maya's self-identification as a girl and, later, a woman is important but it's not the whole story.  She was born a boy and grew up as a boy.  She has to, has to, objectively recognize that's how the world, e.g., her parents, doctor, school, etc., saw her for years.  That can't just be dismissed with the wave of a hand.  She had male body parts.  Now, just as her self-identification isn't the whole story, neither is society's perception.  But believing that one counts for everything and the other counts for absolutely nothing is what precipitated this whole fiasco.

• Love 11

I was pretty amazed at Brooke's insight. For someone wearing blinders as far as her son Rick is concerned, she sees Myra pretty clearly. Or perhaps I should say game recognizes game.

I don't think Myra is a petty gold digging liar because she is transgender, she was obviously like that before surgery or she wouldn't be now and I think that is more of who she is than her genitals. YMMV

• Love 12

I think if the public knew Rick shot up the office and he had actually been arrested for it, well, that's more self-evidently bad and harder to spin.

This drives me crazy. Where the hell was $Bill when that happened ? Why didn't he publish that story ? That was a much better way to oust Rick.

If I pressed my ear to Eric's head do you think I would hear the ocean ?

• Love 17
(edited)
I was pretty amazed at Brooke's insight. For someone wearing blinders as far as her son Rick is concerned, she sees Myra pretty clearly. Or perhaps I should say game recognizes game.

That was an interesting series of scenes between Brooke and Rick. She kept throwing anti-Maya stuff at the wall to see what would stick and Rick kept swatting it off. Eventually she successfully zeroed in on Maya being opportunistic and coyly manipulative. Yep, Brooke definitely sees a lot of her own game in Maya though IMO it's unsure whether she fully accepts it in herself at a conscious level.

I don't think Myra is a petty gold digging liar because she is transgender, she was obviously like that before surgery or she wouldn't be now and I think that is more of who she is than her genitals. YMMV

Not sure how it's obvious she was a golddigging liar before she had the gender reassignment surgery. Also not sure I believe that an adult's personality exists from birth. I think much of what Maya has accomplished is certainly due to conniving but a lot of it is just due to luck, timing, willingness zero in what she wants at whatever cost, and willingness to take advantage of other people's mistakes.

Geez, I hope we're not going to find out that Maya had her eyes set on Rick, FC, and the Forrester family before she even moved to LA. Rick would have a hell of a time trying to handwave that unless he took a page from his mommy's book and started taking about "destiny."

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

Maya has lied to herself (I assume) to shore up a fragile personal ideal history and identity .. the idea that Myron didn't exist once she completed transition. Recreated as Maya she walked through the world living as Maya, built from the bones, flesh, memories, history and experiences of Myron. She is Maya now, but Myron is ever-present and still a part of her.

sugarbaker design quote

I guess this is an agree to disagree situation, because Maya believes she was never male, she may have been born in a male body but she has always been a female.  So she may have been named Myron, and was legally Myron Avant, but she never felt so.  I do believe her past experiences, memories and experiences are present and do shape her opinions, feelings and actions, but they are Maya's and not Myron's.

You're making my argument for me, sugarbaker.

If there is anyone where biology is destiny, it is Maya. What Maya says she believed about herself was not able to trump biology. Were wishes and feeling would make it so, there would have been no need for surgical gender reassignment.

Myron was a physiological and legal fact for 18 odd years prior to gender reassignment to create Maya. Myron's historic existence was not in doubt even when he was able to articulate and demonstrate his discomfort in his own skin, and dissatisfaction with his male gender. He was still Myron, unhappily -- to himself, to his family, and to society.

Maya is a physiological and legal construct, bourn of personal conviction, specialized surgical procedures, hormone replacement and legal recognition of gender reassignment. Maya didn't suddenly appear. She did not spring fully formed from Doctor Zeus' very capable surgical practice (a riff on the birth of Athena), but from the decision to become the woman Myron knew he was always meant to be.

Myron did not disappear. Myron's history, emotions, and experiences were not excised in surgery. Myron's physical body was surgically altered into the making of the feminized Maya. Myron's past which is also Maya's past, remains intact. 

I am not as eloquent as Cool Breeze:

At the end of the day, you can't deny your past.  On "Mad Men", Don Draper was always Dick Whitman.  He may have assumed the identity of a more-accomplished, better-educated dead man, but he was always the hardscrabble, poor, unwanted child of a prostitute.  And, after seven seasons, he only became whole when he realized he needed to reconcile and integrate those two parts of himself. 

Here, Maya's self-identification as a girl and, later, a woman is important but it's not the whole story.  She was born a boy and grew up as a boy.  She has to, has to, objectively recognize that's how the world, e.g., her parents, doctor, school, etc., saw her for years.  That can't just be dismissed with the wave of a hand.  She had male body parts.  Now, just as her self-identification isn't the whole story, neither is society's perception.  But believing that one counts for everything and the other counts for absolutely nothing is what precipitated this whole fiasco.

Beautiful.

• Love 8

That was such a weird tag & pick up scene. It was a weird tag because he ran into the camera which was dark and he screaming at the top of his lungs. Then the pickup is the next day in the office with Ridge & Eric and Brook & Rick in the bedroom. So, I can buy that Eric and Brooke didn't hear him sneak into the house but they didn't hear Rick scream? And, they supposedly had a fight, too. Very bad direction for both shows.

• Love 10

I've just about had enough of Brook's incessant whispering! Could she not raise her voice a few octaves? If it were big Stephanie, I'm sure she'd be bellowing her lungs out, but alas, not dainty every mans dream Brooke!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

Tying the transgender reveal to the Forrester takeover story isn't working for me. The two narratives aren't meshing. I could see the two stories running parallel and eventually merging in some fashion, but it feels like the writing is asking me to believe that the reveal necessarily leads to the takeover, if that makes sense.

Joimiaroxeu quote

Makes sense to me.

I think I know what B&B may have been going for with this storyline. Rumor has it that former LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling's girlfriend (the one who recorded him making racist remarks) is transgender. I imagine someone in the know tried to blackmail him with that information but the allegations don't appear to have caught on with the mainstream media. So, supposedly he was ousted for being an unmitigated racist when most of his employees are Black, versus for having a relationship with a transgender woman. The former may have been a viable and legally defensible business reason; the latter, not so much.

Similarly, $Bill likely isn't going to oust Rick because of the manufactured "scandal" of Maya being transgender. If it happens it'll be because  Rick the CEO won't be able to contain any economic damage to FC because he's too distracted, immature, and coddled by Eric and Brooke. Hopefully the writers are going to be making that distinction more clear as this storyline progresses. (Yeah, no, it's probably just going to be a big sympathy-fest for poor wee Rick and matriarch-wannabe Maya, and poo on all the big meanies who don't bow down to their twu luv.)

Ridge is in a snit, assuming Rick is hiding from media inquiries, and Eric not stripping Rick of leadership at FC under the morals clause of his employment contract (apparently the board doesn't need to be convened). Ridge's discontent with the escalating situation is building.

The idea of taking his stock, with Steffy and Thomas' holdings and joining forces with $Bill is not foreign to him, only distasteful. Should Eric continue to support Rick as CEO, Ridge will react badly. Out of anger, jealousy, revenge, self-righteous crackpottery, My cookie must be bigger than your cookie juvenile posturing... whatever. If Ridge doesn't get his way he will attempt to take control of Forrester Creations away from the family, specifically Rick, Eric and Brooke, which will generate a wider scandal with FC at its center.

What other reason is there for Steffy to return to Los Angeles other than to throw her stock holdings and superiority around in support of her allegedly disenfranchised father?

Fuck the family ... It's my oyster now! -- So says $Bill, recently tattooed on Steffy's ass

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3
(edited)

That was such a weird tag & pick up scene. It was a weird tag because he ran into the camera which was dark and he screaming at the top of his lungs. Then the pickup is the next day in the office with Ridge & Eric and Brook & Rick in the bedroom.

DOOL did this once where Belle fell down the ladder while spying on Shawn and Mimi and the next day she just calmly climbed down it. I believe it's the tv equivalent of clickbait. Kind of funny when you think of it.

In regards to the biology vs whatever argument I'm gonna go ahead and call it that the argument that transgender people don't know who they're meant to be is this generation's "gay people can choose to be gay argument" I hope it's looked upon the same way that argument is looked on now in 20 years time.

In other news, I wish Brooke was as confident in being a single, independent woman as she seems to be in condemning Maya for apparent things that she herself is just fantastic at. It's all a little rich coming from "the poor girl". Oh Logan, can't you go back to hostile takeovers? I liked you so much when you were inventing shit and stuff.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 8

Gee, they cheated us out of seeing Lil Peanut charge into Ridge then bounce off of him! I was looking forward to that!

I skipped through most of today's show, stopping only to watch Ridge and Uncle Jesse...I mean Eric. Keep expecting the Duke boys to come through the door. :-p

• Love 7

I always find myself gaping in amazement when Brooke is the voice of reason, but she was so on point yesterday that I was also making little cooing noises. My only beef with what she had to say is lumping Caroline in with Amber and Maya. No matter how I try, I just cannot see Caroline's actions as the same or equal to what Amber and Maya pulled on Rick. Trying to pass off someone else's child as yours, and not telling the man who loves you that you were not born female are trifling at best and heinous at worst, and not something you hear about everyday. Betraying your marital vows is also wrong, but isn't something that gives you pause, because adultery is all to common. If Maya hadn't outed Caroline what would the greater harm of been to Rick? The SL we were given indicated that Caroline had told Ridge their collaboration was over, and that she was no longer going to be "helping" him with his drawing. I have always felt that at that point Caroline and Rick's marriage could have been saved. The real damage came after Maya's outburst, when Ridge's protectiveness kicked in, and he was trying to help Caroline, while at the same time, he was trying to get his own feelings under control. If there had been any lingering damage, that would have been on Caroline and Ridge; their mutual guilt would have been a festering wound that would not want to heal. Amber and Maya's actions on the other hand, could have had far reaching consequences. Rick and an adult Little E, or D, or whatever they would be calling him, finding out they were not biological father and son? It would be a repeat of Ridge and Eric, and even though Eric always maintained that Ridge is still his son; now that Stephanie is gone we are seeing something quite different. And not telling someone you were born male? That just opens everyone up to scorn and ridicule by the bigots and asshats of the world. I can't imagine being married to someone and ten years down the road finding out something like that. And that is exactly what would have happened, because there is no way on God's green earth I would ever believe Maya would have spoken up if she wasn't backed into a corner. 

And shit for brains Eric wants us to sympathize and have friggin compassion? Right O! Because Maya wasn't in the driver's seat from day one with Rick? There was simply no way this disaster could have been avoided? Good try Eric, you just keep trying to paint Rick and Maya as victims, but this viewer ain't buying it. The fact remains, if Maya had told Rick from the get go that she was transgender, all of this could have been avoided. And Brooke was absolutely correct; Maya had a plan, and she worked it perfectly. Get Rick, reel him in, tie him to me by making him emotionally dependent, get my marriage proposal, then think about telling; calculating, manipulative, and unfair.  And she executed that plan perfectly. And Rick is totally lost without her by his side, telling him he is a good boy, and stroking his fragile little ego, and fighting his battles. Seriously? They both leave a really bad taste in my mouth. 

Don't yell at your sister Maya; this is all on you for not owning who you are. If you are not ashamed of yourself, then why not yell it to the world? 

I wish I could have jumped through my tv screen and just kissed Ridge all over. Well, I kinda wish that on a regular basis due to that whole crushing hard thing, but he was fabulous yesterday. I envy LG getting to come back and feel those arms closing around her! 

• Love 17
You're making my argument for me, sugarbaker.

Glad to help, Cupid Stunt!  :)  Like I said, we just have to agree to disagree.  Sometimes my limited vocabulary doesn't do my thoughts justice, I should have listened to my parents and went to college.  I'm happy this thread is taking the conversation about trans issues (as it relates to Maya) to a civil and thoughtful level.  Other websites are not so enlightened.  I should tell you I've always loved your twop and ptv name, nobody loves a spoonerism more than I!

• Love 4

Coming out of my lurkdom on this board to ask - has this show always only been capable of focusing on one story?  I've been watching for over a year and this sole focus on Maya and Rick is starting to drive me nuts.

• Love 7

Not sure how it's obvious she was a golddigging liar before she had the gender reassignment surgery. Also not sure I believe that an adult's personality exists from birth. I think much of what Maya has accomplished is certainly due to conniving but a lot of it is just due to luck, timing, willingness zero in what she wants at whatever cost, and willingness to take advantage of other people's mistakes.

I agree with the personality not formed at birth but I don't think surgery turned her into a gold digging liar. She had a boyfriend committing criminal acts to pay for it, no?  Claiming that she didn't know which is suspect to me. Claiming his child as hers which we now know as a lie.  Just my opinion that she was manipulating and taking advantage  before gender re-assignment. YMMV

• Love 5
has this show always only been capable of focusing on one story?  I've been watching for over a year and this sole focus on Maya and Rick is starting to drive me nuts.

Consider yourself fortunate that you missed out on most of the All Hope, All the Time era.

• Love 19

Wow, Nicole suddenly got brains--and Wyatt looked ridiculous with his little round mouth speechless as she pointed out the obvious to him.  Very enjoyable.

Looks like Caroline is not going to be a Maya supporter after all.

I think that Eric asking Rick to step down at this time is a bad PR move.  Right now the backlash is going to be against Spencer publications.  If Rick steps down and Maya has quit, Forrester will look like the bad guys for driving them out (even if that is not the case).  

In the real world, Forrester would have a PR agency that would have been onsite the moment the story broke and they would be strategizing the right move for the benefit of the company.  Eric and Rick would be taking their advice, and the personal stuff would have to be put aside.  

• Love 12
In the real world, Forrester would have a PR agency that would have been onsite the moment the story broke and they would be strategizing the right move for the benefit of the company.

Right, they need Olivia Pope or the B&B's version of Olivia Pope.  That would've been an interesting next part of the story.  Isn't Katie a PR person?

Eric's writing is all over the place. Now all of a sudden he cares about Rick shooting the gun and how he treated the employees? A few episodes ago he didn't care at all and coddled and ignored the gun shooting.

Eric's the worst businessman ever. Stephanie was the real business mogul of that relationship. 

• Love 14

Brooke and Eric just might be the worst parents ever. Haranguing Rick and basically firing him right in the middle of all this drama with Maya is not exactly supportive.

I'm pretty annoyed with Maya for leaving the cabin. I understand that she was hurt when Rick was so focused on how this "scandal" would affect FC and was worried that he would be a laughingstock. Those are not words of comfort and support. However, Rick had just learned that Maya was transgendered, which he handled surprisingly well (especially compared to what we all expected!), and then immediately saw all the shitty articles making fun of him for it - that is a lot of information for one person to absorb and process all at once. And hadn't Maya also been worried about the effects on Rick at FC? She's had months to prepare for this conversation; Rick got blindsided. He said some things he shouldn't have, absolutely, but when he chased her outside, begging for a chance to process it all, I was on his side, especially because he had been so supportive of her initially. I'm not saying Rick is 100% right and Maya 100% wrong, but I am saying that I think she should have given him more of a chance to work through what seemed to be the thing that really bothered him- the ridicule that he was in fact already on the receiving end of.

• Love 10

Coming out of my lurkdom on this board to ask - has this show always only been capable of focusing on one story? I've been watching for over a year and this sole focus on Maya and Rick is starting to drive me nuts.

Welcome to the board, btw!

Unfortunately, it's become this way over the past five years or so. You should've been here for the Hope/Liam/Steffy years, where there were whole MONTHS of just one story.

Some have blamed the 30 minute format, but I call bullshit on that, since nearly all the major soaps began as 30 minute serials and as evidenced by one B&B fan that posted the first 9 months of episodes from 1987, B&B used to be able to balance as many as five stories at once and no one story ever entirely dominated the others. Some were far better than others, but at least you only had maybe a few days a week tops to sit through a cappy storyline before it went back to the one you were into.

• Love 2
(edited)

Eric does change his "mind."  He didn't care that Rick was making the others unhappy, or that he fired a pistol at work until the Maya tabloid stories came out.  Then it was no longer, "I'm proud of you, son," but "It's time for you to step down." 

Edited by Unwarranted
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know sometimes Stephanie could go way overboard, but how I wish she was alive to confront Maya as only she can. Brooke ain't cutting it.

Not that Rick's feelings are any of her concern, but since this is affecting FC, she'd be allllll up in this. Susan Flannery had a way with Stephanie bringing the hammer down with humor and exasperated no nonsense battle axe bitchiness and yet I could also buy her having empathy for Myra about her hard childhood. And yet Stephanie would make it clear that her issue with Maya isn't personal (well maybe for exposing her baby boy Ridge sniffing Caroline to Rick which made Rick the new Apple of Eric's eye) but mostly business and she wouldn't treat her with kid gloves but as she would any other woman who manipulated and wheedled her way into the Forrester Family and rained down crap on her family. Let Maya try those doe eyes on Stephanie she'd say ' Oh, honey, Brooke was better at that than you can ever hope to be and I still didn't fall for it.'

And then Stephanie would so go off on Brooke for 'letting this happen' because she was too busy trying to get Deacon back of all people! DEACON! Wherever Stephanie is in the afterlife, she's laughed her butt off when Brooke pulled that crap, LOL.

Oh Ridge. Rick may be experiencing some kind of karma, but you might want to not enjoy it so much or else receive your own karmic slap upside the head. And I'm not sure Rick shooting at you and playing mini-dictator evens things out for you fondling his wife (even if she fondled back).

It's sad and a little funny. Ridge gets along with none of his brothers - Thorne, Rick, and Nick either outright hate his guts or tolerate him with extreme bitterness or are resigned to being the basement brother and just accept their fate.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 5

Eric must reconsider his decision to remove Rick as CEO, only because I'm certain Rick will murder Ridge if he doesn't. I know Ridge pissed in Rick's Wheaties a number of times, but dude is obsessed with big brother. I bet Rick believes Ridge wiped out the dinosaurs, sank the Titanic, and burned a hole in the ozone layer. Ridge probably bribes valets around LA to rub their nude buttocks on the fine leather seats of Rick's Porsche. That persistent wedgie Rick gets from his silk boxers? Ridge sneaks into the mansion at night and dries those babies on high. No dryer sheets either, because Ridge is a bad ass motherfucker.

"I'm Eric Forrester Jr. and I can do anything!" Yes, yes, and you're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you! Mainly your parents. And maybe Jesus. Maybe.

There's Eric, late to the Giving a Fuck party as usual. Dear Father of the Year candidate, look upon your parenting works and despair. Now the shooting matters. Now the bullying matters. Perhaps if Eric and Brooke had addressed these incidents as they happened, Rick wouldn't be so confused and hurt by the lack of coddling and excuse-making now. Also, why didn't Eric get straight to the point and tell Rick he needs professional help instead of all that blah blah blah? There is absolutely no shame in getting therapy, as long as Taylor's not involved.

I like what Nicole said to Chickenhead, yet at the same time I wonder if she's coming at him out of sincere concern for Maya or for the plush lifestyle she's lost. Oh well, Wyatt deserved to get his face cracked, and I'm always amused by the perfect circle his mouth makes.

• Love 22

I am so sick and tired of Rick moaning and whining about how mean ol' Ridge stole all of his lollipops, and what a tragic life he's led, all because of mean ol' Ridge.

Right? And what was the bullshit Rick said about him carrying the company? What for the whole 3-6 months (however long its been in B&B time) he's been CEO - he's CARRIED the company?

Rick whining about Ridge is beyond tired. Rick bringing up Ridge breaking up Brooke and Eric? You mean Brooke didn't have anything to do with that?!? Give me a break. Rick is a little bitch. Because while Eric is certainly late to this party, he's right. Rick has been an ass to his employees, he did shoot at employees and so forth.

Now that Caroline is back, she can minimize her cheating some more.

Why does her cheating even matter anymore? Rick has the love of his life and Caroline has moved on too.

• Love 13

Nicole to Wyatt: " I really cared for you.

Nicole to Maya a few weeks before:  " I got my own Rick ! " (While doing a little dance.) 

Other than that  part I agreed with her.

I imagine Eric's brain will hit the snooze button on Monday.

• Love 6

Oh, Good Grief. Could little Ricky cry and whine any more? He grew up in luxury with everything he ever wanted. If anyone "screwed up" his life, it was good old mom. I cannot take any more of this ridiculous crap. Grow up and act like a man. And Eric's sudden change of mind? Apparently, the writers have been reading this site and realized the few viewers they had left were fed up with their crappy writing of these characters. 

• Love 9

So good to see Caroline today and I am really glad she is back to blonde. The brunette was too dark. 

Nicole was good with Chickenhead/shit. Why does Wyass form his mouth in a circle all the time? 

Charlie is an idiot. So is Carter: Maya was a boy way longer than 8 or 9 years.

Rick, you are the one who's sick. Why is he blaming Ridge for everything and acting like he actually ever gave Rick much thought? He and his enabler parents need to go to family therapy and if they didn't have shit for brains they would be worried about how obsessed he is about Ridge. Eric said all the right things today but why did it take so fucking long? Yeah, Ridge has no respect for Ricky boy, but when he shares his concerns about Rick's behavior, he never makes it all about him and always includes his nasty, unprofessional treatment of everybody, employees and family. Does anybody besides Ally and Ivy know about how he kicked Ally out of her room and treats her like a servant?

• Love 12

But she was concerned for Maya's safety around Rick....baby steps...

So good to see Caroline today and I am really glad she is back to blonde. The brunette was too dark. 

Did I blink and miss this? When was she brunette?

• Love 2
(edited)

I just wish Rick would've told Eric to shove the job up his ass.  That whining was waaaaay too much.  Call CJ and try to get the Spectra name, then steal all of CaRidge's designs.

Ridge is absolutely despicable.  Anyone who would even get involved with that turd is extremely suspect in my book.

Everything that Rick and Ridge say about each other is the truth.

ITA.  I'll take shitty, waffling, enabling fathers for $1000 Alex.   

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 3

Eric must reconsider his decision to remove Rick as CEO, only because I'm certain Rick will murder Ridge if he doesn't. I know Ridge pissed in Rick's Wheaties a number of times, but dude is obsessed with big brother. I bet Rick believes Ridge wiped out the dinosaurs, sank the Titanic, and burned a hole in the ozone layer. Ridge probably bribes valets around LA to rub their nude buttocks on the fine leather seats of Rick's Porsche. That persistent wedgie Rick gets from his silk boxers? Ridge sneaks into the mansion at night and dries those babies on high. No dryer sheets either, because Ridge is a bad ass motherfucker.

"I'm Eric Forrester Jr. and I can do anything!" Yes, yes, and you're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you! Mainly your parents. And maybe Jesus. Maybe.

There's Eric, late to the Giving a Fuck party as usual. Dear Father of the Year candidate, look upon your parenting works and despair. Now the shooting matters. Now the bullying matters. Perhaps if Eric and Brooke had addressed these incidents as they happened, Rick wouldn't be so confused and hurt by the lack of coddling and excuse-making now. Also, why didn't Eric get straight to the point and tell Rick he needs professional help instead of all that blah blah blah? There is absolutely no shame in getting therapy, as long as Taylor's not involved.

I like what Nicole said to Chickenhead, yet at the same time I wonder if she's coming at him out of sincere concern for Maya or for the plush lifestyle she's lost. Oh well, Wyatt deserved to get his face cracked, and I'm always amused by the perfect circle his mouth makes.

Eric finally awoke from his catatonic state and wasn't buying what Rick was selling. Than, in the final scene with Eric being a weenie, it seemed that Eric's eyes glazed over and he once again became among the living dead. If Eric was smart, cough cough, he would of appointed himself interim CEO.

If Rick beat his chest any harder, than he would have knocked himself out. Rick's whole rant showed how unstable and delusional he is. Today, Rick reminded me of a Pee Wee Herman quote: "I know you are but who am I" in deflecting Eric saying that it's not about Ridge it's about you.

Wyatt might have deserved the tounge lashing from Nicole but she said that she came to LA with a chip on her shoulder, about Maya, but she changed her mind. Of course, she did after seeing what Maya did in "working so hard" to achieve the rich life. Nicole is nothing but a fledging gold digger and a hypocrite.

It was nice to see Caroline today and the way they wove Bering hit by a car into the SL. She looked absolutely beautiful. Too bad Ivy or Quinn wasn't there or we could have beauty cubed canceling out the current images of squinty eyed Brooke and Rick and the doe-eyed reflections of Maya.

• Love 5

Waaaaaa, Waaaaaaa, Waaaaaa. I'm so tired of the "Oh Poor Me" of Rick Forrester. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but all he does is whine about how horrible his life is. Someone needs to toss a blanket over him, take away all his money, cell phone and the other entrapments of wealth, and drive his sorry ass to Compton where people are living the poor me in reality, 24/7. This brat needs a wake up call and he needs to actually live a life of poverty for a few months. Then maybe he won't be so concerned about Ridge making fun of him (I'm so sick of hearing Rick say that) and he'll grow a pair, and become a man, and not a simpering infant.

• Love 17
(edited)

Wow, Nicole suddenly got brains--and Wyatt looked ridiculous with his little round mouth speechless as she pointed out the obvious to him.  Very enjoyable.

I think that Eric asking Rick to step down at this time is a bad PR move.  Right now the backlash is going to be against Spencer publications.  If Rick steps down and Maya has quit, Forrester will look like the bad guys for driving them out (even if that is not the case).  

In the real world, Forrester would have a PR agency that would have been onsite the moment the story broke and they would be strategizing the right move for the benefit of the company.  Eric and Rick would be taking their advice, and the personal stuff would have to be put aside.  

So much word to this, this is what the advertising world calls "ignoring the problem". It would actually be a wonderful opportunity to turn a "problem" into a solution and come out in favour of transgenders which would be wonderful PR and very forward-thinking for the company. People love transparency nowadays and people love an underdog. I can't imagine how they haven't thought something like that through given that they are in the FASHION industry. One would think that not alienating the LGBQT community would be first and foremost in their minds.

B&B has always been rather milquetoast for a so-called fashion house in LA. For the type of fashion they put out their homebase should be New York and the fact that they don't even have a single gay character is yet another unfathomable thing. I'm glad that at least Maya is there but this story would be even richer if the actress were transgender But if Ryan Phillippe can play the first gay teen on OLTL then I guess KM can play the first transgender. The important thing is that they have a voice that is being respected and KM has proved very serious about that so I think they're safe in her hands.

ETA Just watched today's show and Eric's writing IS all over the place. He wants to fire Rick NOW and send him to Paris. If ever a time to do that then after he shot at those idiots would have been a perfect time. Firing Rick under a morality clause because he's in love with a transgender woman is a PR nightmare and completely amoral. I hope the writer's are considering this (although I have a feeling they aren't).

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Waaaaaa, Waaaaaaa, Waaaaaa. I'm so tired of the "Oh Poor Me" of Rick Forrester. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but all he does is whine about how horrible his life is. Someone needs to toss a blanket over him, take away all his money, cell phone and the other entrapments of wealth, and drive his sorry ass to Compton where people are living the poor me in reality, 24/7. This brat needs a wake up call and he needs to actually live a life of poverty for a few months. Then maybe he won't be so concerned about Ridge making fun of him (I'm so sick of hearing Rick say that) and he'll grow a pair, and become a man, and not a simpering infant.

Word! And somebody needs to tell titty baby Rick that women are not possessions that can be "stolen" by another man.

I wondered who that was talking to Ricky. He looked and sounded like Eric except he was making sensible, well-reasoned statements. Oh well, he'll doubtless be gone by Monday...

• Love 11
(edited)

Here's what you can do with your CEO job Dad!!!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO3JURhfOblgSqD1QNizoIjPbRy-nGqcreuYXP0_1zA32FkGak

My oh my, that was an impressive display of grown up brattiness; I was expecting Brooke to swoop in at any moment with hanky in one hand and clean nappy in the other, closely followed by Ally, bearing a tray of finger sandwiches and warm milk. The sad thing is, I think I should feel bad for Rick. Not because Eric wants him to step down, or because of his terrible childhood, or because his mother possessed the wooden box known as the Gateway to Hell, and would open it on occasion to release her own personal Cenobite known as Ridge. No, not because of any of that. It is more about how Eric always does this to his sons. He uses that damn CEO position as leverage, dangling it in front of them both like a piece of meat to a starving man. He favors one exclusively for a time, fanning the flames of their deep seated jealousy, then has a change of heart, and comes to the aid of the injured brother. This pattern has repeated itself for Rick’s entire life, and for most of Ridge’s adult life. If Eric had been more involved; had been a better parent, had been less interested in chasing the skirts of young women, and above all, hadn’t relied on FC’s and the top spot to keep his sons in his life, we wouldn’t be here today. I find Eric’s timing very suspect. It isn’t as if he hasn’t been told by all and sundry that Babeosaurus has been breathing fire and snot out of his nose simultaneously for months, but Eric chose to overlook it all in the interest of profits. So why are Rick’s actions unacceptable now? The fact is, they were always unacceptable, but Eric had to keep Rick in the CEO spot, while excusing his actions, in order to fuel the fire burning between Rick and Ridge; to heighten the jealousy, and keep both sons begging for his attention and the job. This Maya thing just fell in Eric’s lap, and is a convenient way to come full circle back to Ridge as the son who should rightfully be CEO. Eric is simply appalling as a parent.

I also must confess that I think I should feel bad about the whole Maya thing. Although I found it cringe worthy, and was rolling my eyes so hard; to his credit Rick didn’t go ballistic. I think he remained amazingly calm all things considered. But then finding out everyone else already knew, then right on the heels of that all the Google Alerts start popping up. That was a lot of stuff to process in a short amount of time; Maya had over a year to think about that night; Rick had had less than an hour. I think Rick should be properly pissed off that Maya left him to deal with all of that alone. But that is what Maya does. Walk out. She did it when they were first together, after the misunderstanding about Carter, then she threatened it again when Rick was hesitating to tell her he loved her, now, in his darkest hour, she does it again. Everything they have “worked” for is on the line. All the stuff she has been protecting and defending; Rick’s honor, and Rick’s work ethic, and the “kind of man” Rick is, can just be thrown away because Maya needed Rick to tell her that it was still all about her. Yes, because that is where it is at with Maya; no marriage no proppy.

Here is the thing Wyatt, there isn’t a piece of earth moving equipment big enough to dig you out of this mess. You pulled a chump move. I don’t know if Nicole really liked you, or if it was your last name she liked, but that is totally irrelevant. She shared something confidential with you about her sister, and you told it to the one person who you knew would spread it across the land. Not only that Wyatt, but you were one of the biggest cheerleaders for running with the story when it was being discussed with your family. You and your dad were pro, and Katie and Liam were con. In the end it didn’t matter though, because Bill was going to get his way regardless. And you knew that. I hope Nicole never gives you the time of day again. 

Caroline and Ridge! I am so excited to see they will be working LG’s real life situation into the SL. That will give Ridge a chance to help her, and hopefully bond them tighter. But naughty, naughty, TK! In the scene when they are discussing Maya, right after Caroline says she wonders how Rick reacted; Thorsten doesn’t immediately look up, keeping his eyes instead on LG’s cleavage. Then slowly pans up with a little smirky smile. I thought I imagined it at first, but re-watched several times and saw the same thing.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 16
Wyatt might have deserved the tounge lashing from Nicole but she said that she came to LA with a chip on her shoulder, about Maya, but she changed her mind. Of course, she did after seeing what Maya did in "working so hard" to achieve the rich life. Nicole is nothing but a fledging gold digger and a hypocrite.

Wyatt was absolutely an ass to enable the public trashing Bill laid on Maya, but Nicole is just an idiot.  She was so desperate to secure her own rich guy, just like Maya's, that she sold her sister out in some lame effort to "bond" with said rich guy.  She did it to bond with Wyatt, and Wyatt did it to make dear old Dad proud of him.  They're both idiots. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I always find myself gaping in amazement when Brooke is the voice of reason, but she was so on point yesterday that I was also making little cooing noises. My only beef with what she had to say is lumping Caroline in with Amber and Maya. No matter how I try, I just cannot see Caroline's actions as the same or equal to what Amber and Maya pulled on Rick. Trying to pass off someone else's child as yours, and not telling the man who loves you that you were not born female are trifling at best and heinous at worst, and not something you hear about everyday. Betraying your marital vows is also wrong, but isn't something that gives you pause, because adultery is all to common. If Maya hadn't outed Caroline what would the greater harm of been to Rick? The SL we were given indicated that Caroline had told Ridge their collaboration was over, and that she was no longer going to be "helping" him with his drawing. I have always felt that at that point Caroline and Rick's marriage could have been saved. The real damage came after Maya's outburst, when Ridge's protectiveness kicked in, and he was trying to help Caroline, while at the same time, he was trying to get his own feelings under control. If there had been any lingering damage, that would have been on Caroline and Ridge; their mutual guilt would have been a festering wound that would not want to heal. Amber and Maya's actions on the other hand, could have had far reaching consequences. Rick and an adult Little E, or D, or whatever they would be calling him, finding out they were not biological father and son? It would be a repeat of Ridge and Eric, and even though Eric always maintained that Ridge is still his son; now that Stephanie is gone we are seeing something quite different. And not telling someone you were born male? That just opens everyone up to scorn and ridicule by the bigots and asshats of the world. I can't imagine being married to someone and ten years down the road finding out something like that. And that is exactly what would have happened, because there is no way on God's green earth I would ever believe Maya would have spoken up if she wasn't backed into a corner. 

And shit for brains Eric wants us to sympathize and have friggin compassion? Right O! Because Maya wasn't in the driver's seat from day one with Rick? There was simply no way this disaster could have been avoided? Good try Eric, you just keep trying to paint Rick and Maya as victims, but this viewer ain't buying it. The fact remains, if Maya had told Rick from the get go that she was transgender, all of this could have been avoided. And Brooke was absolutely correct; Maya had a plan, and she worked it perfectly. Get Rick, reel him in, tie him to me by making him emotionally dependent, get my marriage proposal, then think about telling; calculating, manipulative, and unfair.  And she executed that plan perfectly. And Rick is totally lost without her by his side, telling him he is a good boy, and stroking his fragile little ego, and fighting his battles. Seriously? They both leave a really bad taste in my mouth. 

Don't yell at your sister Maya; this is all on you for not owning who you are. If you are not ashamed of yourself, then why not yell it to the world? 

I wish I could have jumped through my tv screen and just kissed Ridge all over. Well, I kinda wish that on a regular basis due to that whole crushing hard thing, but he was fabulous yesterday. I envy LG getting to come back and feel those arms closing around her! 

Out of lurkdom on this board ( Hello to all ) to applaud this great post!!

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 11
(edited)

Really Eric? I keep waiting for the SL where it's revealed that Eric has Alzheimer's or dementia or something (sorry st3ph) but anything to explain his downright WTF dimwit behavior. (Actually, I think JM would rock a SL like that and it's about time he'd get a decent front-burner that doesn't involve befuddlement or skirt-chasing.)

But anyway, is he suddenly buying a clue or did Ridge finally beat him down? Waa Waa Waaaa Ricky-boy. Next, he'll hold his breath until he's blue in the face. Ship his ass off to Paris.

Removing the transgender issue completely from the equation, Rick, Maya (and now Nicole) are all getting exactly what's coming to them. I cannot wait to see this all come crashing down.

I think LG's hair looks so much better shorter and with those raggedy extensions gone. Any time now Maya. The one who NEEDS extensions is KKL to fatten up those limp locks she insists on sporting.

ETA: I think the best decision would be for Eric to appoint Brooke as CEO. That would put both Smudge and Ricky Boy in their rightful places. Brooke was very successful in that role before, so why not?

Also, best writing of the week, by far, were those cheezy headlines for $Bill's tabloids!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 7

Brooke working and NOT pining over a man!? Blasphemy!

In all seriousness, Brooke was the CEO for ten of the 28 years this show...longer than the last five CEOs combined,which is why it irritates to no end that Brooke is still written the same way she was three decades ago. But I will give TIIC for finally burning the Bridge when TK was caat.

• Love 5

Brooke hasn't done any great thinking since she came back from Milan.  She's either overly involved in her adult children's lives or not at all.  And not at all in the life of her growing--I guess he's growing--boy away at boarding school, while she coddles her grown, sad sack son.  She decides that she and ex-con Deacon are partners as parents to absent, grown Hope, who is moping somewhere in Europe.  Five minutes without a boyfriend, and she has to take to drink.  This is the person who should be in charge of FC?  What do you say, Eric?  Hmm, yeah, I see it.   

• Love 8