Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

There are rules to common decency but as a viewer I know Myra is not familiar with those. Assuming Myron was a gay male before surgery and assuming he was not a virgin, common decency would indicate disclosing a possible risk to someone before you sleep with them. JMO I'd expect the from a former needle using drug addict.

tessaray quote

While I agree that Maya should have disclosed, is a transgender person considered gay?  Don't you have to consider yourself a man first?  (Just asking, because I have no clue what the correct way to even frame the question is, much less any answers...)

Anna Yolei quote

Gender identity isn't the same as sexual preference. From the one trans friend I have, she's told me that while sex as a male with other males is unappealing, sex as the woman she is with men is. So, I'd say that makes her as straight as I am.

I see sexual response and interest as fluid. Primarily straight people are turned on by and have had SS encounters, as gay individuals have pursued straight sexual activity. It has as much to do with opportunity as interest and curiosity; Try-sexuality, if you will. And I believe that history of behavior is something potential sex partners need to discuss before sexual activity.

It's this decision of Maya's to withhold this essential truth about herself and history to Rick until a specific benchmark (marriage proposal) has been reached, that is so galling. She's operating as if the benchmark only effects her, and ignoring how great a leap of faith a marriage proposal is for Rick. His tedious history includes a string of women (and men) that are vacillating, self-absorbed, ambitious, cruel, and treacherous base liars.  Rick has demonstrated multiple times and constantly repeated that dishonesty is something he cannot tolerate.

I don't care if Maya is transgender or her reasons for taking that route, she is a vacillating, self-absorbed, ambitious, cruel, treacherous base liar, joining that long line of people Rick has loved and found wanting. As grand prize winner of the 2015 Rubber Backbone Award, Maya has chosen not to tell Rick everything, even though he has given her ample opportunity and every reason to do so.

Rick has plenty of his own neurotic baggage loudly repudiating his upbringing, resentful of his parent's behavior and the camp followers involved after their marriage ended, his own reckless choices, while managing FC to greater financial stability. He's been up front about it.

Rick is unbalanced, cruel and vengeful, emotionally stunted and immature, so full of his own self-importance that he sucks all the oxygen out of a room ... but he still deserved to know Maya was transgender before they became sexually involved again. 

The one commonality in Rick and Maya's relationship is that they act separately out of fear to protect their own emotional security, which will prove their undoing.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 12

I also think it's weird that Dayzee hasn't at least been mentioned in all of this. Since she was initially how we were introduced to Maya it would be nice to have known how she fits into the story.

Good point. For the longest time Dayzee had the attitude that Maya didn't "belong" for no apparent reason. At least now there could be context to that, that Dayzee knew "the secret" and knew Maya would never reveal that. Dayzee would probably have the "it wasn't my secret to tell" reason for not outing her.
  • Love 2

While I agree that Maya should have disclosed, is a transgender person considered gay?  Don't you have to consider yourself a man first?  (Just asking, because I have no clue what the correct way to even frame the question is, much less any answers...)  

I still remember being in college (a 17 year old freshman back in 1990, who'd led a fairly sheltered life), and seeing a promo for one of the talk shows on at the time (I want to say Ricki Lake, but I can't remember for sure), and it was "Next on (show):  People who change their sex to have sex with people of the same sex."  And my initial thought was we were talking, say, men, who were attracted to men, but transitioned to women to sleep with men.  But, no, it was more like men who were attracted to women, but truly believed they were lesbians, so they transitioned to women.  Totally blew my naive little mind ("but, wait, if you're a man, and you like having sex with women, then, where is the issue?")  But, it also shows how completely and utterly fluid this all is, depending on each individual.  You have people who would have never, as their "birth gender" had sex with someone of that same gender, but, when they transition, they are attracted to people of that previous gender.  You have people who are always attracted to one specific gender, regardless of their given or transitioned gender. You have people attracted to both, and you have the Bruce Jenner situation, where he says he feels asexual (a feeling which may change once he fully transitions and lives life as a woman for a while).   

Good point. For the longest time Dayzee had the attitude that Maya didn't "belong" for no apparent reason. At least now there could be context to that, that Dayzee knew "the secret" and knew Maya would never reveal that. Dayzee would probably have the "it wasn't my secret to tell" reason for not outing her.

I always took Dayzee's attitude towards Maya as one of "I was special enough to rise above my circumstances and blend into this family, you're not as special as me."  (And it was not a good look for her.)  It would be kind of interesting if her real reason for wanting to push Maya out of the picture was because she knew the secret and she didn't see any way for a Maya/Rick relationship to end up well for anyone.  

• Love 2

I realize that people have to have a strong motivation to go through surgery, hormone treatment, and other people's disapproval, so I should be strictly in the it's their business department, but from a personal, trivial, sitting-on-the-sidelines standpoint, and knowing that what I feel doesn't even matter, I wish they would go with what their DNA is, and dress and act as they please, but leave their body alone. 

I always took Dayzee's attitude towards Maya as one of "I was special enough to rise above my circumstances and blend into this family, you're not as special as me."  (And it was not a good look for her.)  It would be kind of interesting if her real reason for wanting to push Maya out of the picture was because she knew the secret and she didn't see any way for a Maya/Rick relationship to end up well for anyone.  

Yep, this is exactly what I was talking about.  At least Dayzee's attitude would make sense and not make her elitist (like she seemed to be).

• Love 1

I re-watched Friday's episode today. I should correct the line that I quoted earlier. Nick* told Maya that there's no "timeline" when it comes to informing your SO. 

Her silence is going to bite her in the ass. 

*Whose idea was it to have Maya's friend's name rhyme with her boyfriend's? I realize that sort of thing can happen in real life, but I can't help but wonder whether or not it was intentional.

• Love 1

*Whose idea was it to have Maya's friend's name rhyme with her boyfriend's? I realize that sort of thing can happen in real life, but I can't help but wonder whether or not it was intentional.

Yeah. I got all excited when I read the spoilers about Maya consulting with "Nick" and thought hope beyond hope that there was going to be some crazy surprise return of Nick Marone.

• Love 2

Considering that this show already has a Nick and its sister show has a Nick who can crossover, (and should so he can date Felicia), I think it was a terrible name choice.

Back when Nick N Sane used to be on the show all the time I always mixed them up when I was reading spoilers, recaps and articles because of Nick Newman. I'd be like, "What?!! Oh, yeah, right, the other Nick." (BTW, I always pictured it was Nick Marone I was reading about.) I'd love for that whole crew to come back. Are they still in business? Is Bridget still designing? How the fuck is Jack doing?

Let me get this straight. We've had months of Wyatt and Liam, telling us they are the good guys, they care about woman, Rick is the devil etc. But they're the ones who are going to use the fact that someone is transgender to take over a company? To spread this truth, in a hardly perfect world, across the media. They are the ones who found it "fun" to seduce a young naive woman into confiding into them, and ultimately betray her trust?

These are the good guys? Yep. Okay.

I hope this addressed. 

I don't know how it will play out, but in the spoilers for this week 

it sounds like Katie gets pretty pissed. I hope she's pissed at Bill and sons for all the reasons you mentioned, but I suspect it will be just because it affects Brooke and Rick.  I also read that Nicole confronts Wyatt.  I hope she rips him apart.

• Love 1

Maya's silence is going to bite her on the ass before she's thrown out on it.

She had no right to withhold this information from Rick because had he known from the beginning, he may have decided, sorry, nothing personal, but this isn't something I'm comfortable with. He may have said, I don't care, you're the woman I love. But it was his decision to make, having full disclosure, and not Maya's decision to make for him and roll the dice and hope for the best. 

But now she will never know whether or not he would have chosen her, regardless of being transgender because his reasons for not wanting to be with her may have nothing at all to do with the fact that she used to be male but that she lied to him for years about her past.

And if we all know something about Rick (besides hey - he's CEO!), it's that he despises deceit. So while I feel for Maya's plight, if I shed a tear for her comeuppance with Rick finds out, it's because I stole it off a crocodile. 

As for Nicole, well if she is that damn gullible to not have seen through the shadiest shady that ever shaded with Wyatt's anvil approach to wooing her (and her secret out of her), then I can't feel sorry for her either.

But ITA that Wyatt, Liam, and presumably Bill's using Maya's very painful, personal situation that should be a private thing between her and Rick to get back at Rick is making them the devils they claim Rick is. 

• Love 10

Let me get this straight. We've had months of Wyatt and Liam, telling us they are the good guys, they care about woman, Rick is the devil etc. But they're the ones who are going to use the fact that someone is transgender to take over a company? To spread this truth, in a hardly perfect world, across the media. They are the ones who found it "fun" to seduce a young naive woman into confiding into them, and ultimately betray her trust?

These are the good guys? Yep. Okay. I hope this addressed.

This! A thousand times this! The Spencer clan gets a big ol' Courtney Matthews Quartermaine Morgan Jacks Memorial Eyeroll from me. And I don't even like mean girl Myra and her no-dancing, gold-digging little sister.

• Love 2

I just can't muster up any sympathy for Nichole. She was blackmailing Maya over this secret until Wyatt wooed her. And the only reason she stopped was her fear of losing Wyatt and the good life he brings to the table. And if Wyatt wasn't bringing the Spencer fortune to the table, would Nichole be interested in him? A scammer getting caught in a scam. How can anyone care? 

• Love 13

I learned something new about Rick today. Not only is he apparently CEO of Forrester Creations, he is also Brooke's son. I know this because Brooke said "my son" about a million times in the space of five minutes.

I'm glad Maya's friend emphasized how dangerous being alone with Rick could be after she confesses. She refuses to acknowledge Rick's history of gunplay and the nastiness that lies behind his bullying of family members.

Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt. I have liked and defended you, but Chickenhead, you laid an egg here. I hope Nicole makes a plate of wings out of you. I'll give props to Waffles for having qualms; it's too bad he didn't have qualms about doing that to his hair. Seriously, that shit should be against the law.

• Love 11

I see the Spencers being grade A assholes here but ....too bad so sad. I just don't have it in me to feel any sympathy for Myra, Nicole or Rick, Master of the Known Universe. In fact, I'm just going to enjoy whatever happens to them. Unless, of course, it's nothing.

• Love 6
Interesting collection of hairstyles in the maya montage today. Some were big time "misses".

No kidding. Those extensions she's wearing now clearly don't match her own hair in color or texture. Someone seems be trying to make it look like she's going for an ombre style but IMO it's just not working because the contrast is too glaring. You'd think the show would do better for her since she's the star of their major storyline right now.

That was a great scene between Nicole and Carter. She was all, "It's okay, I told Wyatt not to tell anyone!" and Carter was all, "Girl, bye." I think they'd make a cute couple but isn't he even older than Wyatt?

• Love 3

I see the Spencers being grade A assholes here but ....too bad so sad. I just don't have it in me to feel any sympathy for Myra, Nicole or Rick, Master of the Known Universe. In fact, I'm just going to enjoy whatever happens to them. Unless, of course, it's nothing.

The months of raining anvils, false optimism, and Twenty Questions About Maya's Secret should thankfully be over by Friday, 

Blah, blah, blah ... Maya was a man.

**Snore**

Joimiaroxeu quote

That was a great scene between Nicole and Carter. She was all, "It's okay, I told Wyatt not to tell anyone!" and Carter was all, "Girl, bye." I think they'd make a cute couple but isn't he even older than Wyatt?

Is there any reason Carter wasn't immediately on the horn to Ridge when Nicole admitted she told Wyatt Maya was transgender? The race to control the message is on, and lecturing a dimwit is burning daylight, you big dope!

Ridge to Brooke, paraphrase: If Rick wasn't so important to you, I'd be all over this shit, hitting him over the head with Maya/Myron. And enjoying every minute of it.

-- Not because Rick important to Eric or the operation of Forrester Creations and you can use this to finally undercut the present CEO, hoisting Rick up on his own petard? Yeah, that will come later during the resented mopping up operations.

• Love 1
(edited)

Brooke is blaming Ridge for Rick's current predicament? I fail to see how Ridge is responsible since he cannot stand Maya, and has never supported her relationship with Rick. Oh, what? You are not blaming him for that, you are only blaming him for Rick's fragile ego and delicate pysche? Well why wouldn't you? It is so much easier to pass the buck for your bad parenting, than to really delve into your actions and how they effected your children. Maybe if you had been more focused on them, instead of Ridge and your destinies, they wouldn't be this way. Instead of moping around, crying and pining for Ridge, maybe you should have refocused on your kids and their needs. You know, become self aware to how you ignored them, and only became aware of them if they could be of use to you in one of your schemes to get Ridge back. And when I say refocused on your kids, that is what I mean; I am not including their spouses, because generally, if you fuck one of your kids husbands, that can cause a really big rift between the two of you. And why Ridge cowtowed to this nonsense escapes me. I was screaming at him when he told Brooke "He hates me. He has always hated me for what I have done to you all your life." UGH! And Brooke ate it up! Then Mother of the Century had the nerve to say Ridge pushed Rick into Maya's arms. If I am not mistaken, girlfriend was no where around when this was going down. No, if my memory serves me correctly, Brooke was in Milan licking her wounds after fucking up another family member's marriage, and was "giving them a chance to reconnect" by removing herself. So just stop acting like you know a thing, or two, or three about what happened when you were gone. Score a few for Ridge though for reminding Brooke that he no more stole Caroline, than Brooke stole Bill. And better yet was his remark that "but hey, if that is what you need to believe to justify Rick's behavior as a husband and the CEO, you go ahead". Brooke is being an idiot if she thinks Ridge and Caroline kissing is on par, or worse, than someone being transgender and getting into a heavy duty relationship, friggin living with a person, and talking daily about marriage and kids, but not disclosing they were not born the gender they present today. Rick pulled out Stephanie's pee wee pistol to shoot at Ridge and Caroline, I would suspect he will be packing a mini-gun after Maya's reveal. 

I was glad to see that Liam had enough sense to realize that while Wyatt's information was explosive, it still wasn't what they had hoped for. I also appreciated that Liam felt this was very personal and private, and could ruin Maya's life. What I suspect is that while the Hardy Boys are busy trying to put together some way to spin this without it focusing on Maya being transgender, that Big Daddy Bill will get his hands on the "secret", and will blast Rick and Maya right outta the CEO chair and the CEO office. Bill has no compunction about hurting people he doesn't like, and he also dials into a low moral code, so I would think he would take great glee in making Rick and the Forrester's look like fools:

LA is a buzz with the news that Maya Avant, the Face of Forrester and their Lead Model, was born a man! For the last couple of years, Maya Avant, has worked with the Forrester family, and their extended staff, but none of them have realized that Maya is transgender? More shocking is her relationship with Rick Forrester, the company's CEO. Rick is a grown man who has been in other relationships, so how is it that he has been living with this woman for months, but hasn't realized that he has been inserting his penis into a manufactured vagina? 

Yeah, I can see Bill approaching it from this angle. Rick will have a meltdown, which will open the door for Ridge. I just don't see any take overs happening. The plans are weak, and in a word, stupid. 

Maya needs to remember how Rick was with Caroline when she was the light of his life, and the best woman he had ever known, and the woman who made him who he was. He spent hours everyday extolling her virtues to anyone who would listen, then, after she had fallen off of her pedestal, she became the devil and nothing more than someone for target practice. Rick doesn't have Maya on a pedestal, he has her on top of Mt. Everest, so her fall will be much more earth shattering, and she is still mambling on about "Rick would never hurt me". Maya needs to buy a vowel stat, cause she is living in a make believe world. And did she miss how Rick enjoys belittling and humiliating his "friends" and family? I don't know how she could have since she has been right by his side doing the same thing, and if she wasn't contributing to the abuse, she was certainly condoning it. Maya may have just skipped her AA and Bachelor Degrees, and went straight for her Master's in the Hazards of Enabling a Child Monster. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13

Considering that this show already has a Nick and its sister show has a Nick who can crossover, (and should so he can date Felicia), I think it was a terrible name choice.

That's still not as bad as having Stephen Logan and Stephanie Forrester, who constantly shared screen time together. I mean, really?

Soapdom does like to share many of the same names, which is why I've never been bothered by Ridge and Thorne's unusual names. At least if I hear them mentioned, I'd know which story we were discussing.

Back when Nick N Sane used to be on the show all the time I always mixed them up when I was reading spoilers, recaps and articles because of Nick Newman. I'd be like, "What?!! Oh, yeah, right, the other Nick." (BTW, I always pictured it was Nick Marone I was reading about.) I'd love for that whole crew to come back. Are they still in business? Is Bridget still designing? How the fuck is Jack doing?

As long as Nick and Bridget stay the hell outta each other's orbits, I wouldn't mind.
  • Love 2
(edited)

The Spencers reaction was so great, Wyatt and Liam were campy,  Wyatt wanting to know what Myron looked like while Liam and him thought about it. Bill's reaction was so realistic to Bill. Katie rolling her eyes at all of them. Wyatt (who doesn't even work for Spencer) being so team Bill.

Rick's got Forrester on Google alerts. So obviously he's going to find out from that because Bill isn't going to keep quiet.

"There's crazies out there." Katie doesn't get the biggest crazy is her nephew.

So does everyone in the cast know now but Rick? Even Pam knows. LOL

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6
(edited)

Just a couple of observations:

Why are Carter and Ridge just standing around dulling their teeth on Nicole and repeating the same phrases over and over, when they should be calling Rick, Eric and Brooke on getting ahead by controlling the damage?

Nicole -- Hey! Stupid! You burned another bridge. This not how you climb your way up the ladder of money, fame, rich sponsors and richer boyfriends by using your sister's back as a stepstool.

$Bill -- For man so concerned about profits and the bottom line, why would he work so hard to ruin his investment in Forrester Creations? Family is only important to him when they are in agreement; otherwise $Bill does whatever he wants, hang the consequences.

Wyatt -- You started out a rat bastard, and you're still a rat bastard. Don't bother lying or telling the truth to Nicole; you can't win and she already knows you're the son of a rat bastard. Let your father's reporter do the truth telling for you. .

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6
(edited)

So does everyone in the cast know now but Rick? Even Pam knows. LOL

Who doesn't know, at this point?  Aly and Ivy...Deacon and Quinn...Donna...Caroline.  That's about it, right?

Oh, and Rick.

Edited by Hawkeye720
  • Love 5
I think it's because his goal isn't to ruin FC, it's to remove the top management due to incompetence.

Rick hasn't been incompetent... he's just been mean to Bill's niece and his son's girlfriend (who I doubt he cares about at all).  The show has already tried several times to show what a hypocrite Bill is being in regards to Rick's "management style".

Maya needs to remember how Rick was with Caroline when she was the light of his life, and the best woman he had ever known, and the woman who made him who he was. He spent hours everyday extolling her virtues to anyone who would listen, then, after she had fallen off of her pedestal

Having an affair with your husband's brother is "falling off the pedestal"?  I'd bet that's among the top reasons to be reviled, regardless of what someone said about them before. 

Brooke is blaming Ridge for Rick's current predicament? I fail to see how Ridge is responsible since he cannot stand Maya, and has never supported her relationship with Rick. Oh, what? You are not blaming him for that, you are only blaming him for Rick's fragile ego and delicate pysche? Well why wouldn't you? It is so much easier to pass the buck for your bad parenting, than to really delve into your actions and how they effected your children. Maybe if you had been more focused on them, instead of Ridge and your destinies, they wouldn't be this way. Instead of moping around, crying and pining for Ridge, maybe you should have refocused on your kids and their needs. You know, become self aware to how you ignored them, and only became aware of them if they could be of use to you in one of your schemes to get Ridge back. And when I say refocused on your kids, that is what I mean; I am not including their spouses, because generally, if you fuck one of your kids husbands, that can cause a really big rift between the two of you. And why Ridge cowtowed to this nonsense escapes me. I was screaming at him when he told Brooke "He hates me. He has always hated me for what I have done to you all your life." UGH! And Brooke ate it up! Then Mother of the Century had the nerve to say Ridge pushed Rick into Maya's arms. If I am not mistaken, girlfriend was no where around when this was going down. No, if my memory serves me correctly, Brooke was in Milan licking her wounds after fucking up another family member's marriage, and was "giving them a chance to reconnect" by removing herself. So just stop acting like you know a thing, or two, or three about what happened when you were gone. Score a few for Ridge though for reminding Brooke that he no more stole Caroline, than Brooke stole Bill. And better yet was his remark that "but hey, if that is what you need to believe to justify Rick's behavior as a husband and the CEO, you go ahead". Brooke is being an idiot if she thinks Ridge and Caroline kissing is on par, or worse, than someone being transgender and getting into a heavy duty relationship, friggin living with a person, and talking daily about marriage and kids, but not disclosing they were not born the gender they present today. Rick pulled out Stephanie's pee wee pistol to shoot at Ridge and Caroline, I would suspect he will be packing a mini-gun after Maya's reveal.

We're just going to have to disagree there.  Ridge purposefully tried to use Caroline's crush on him to thwart Rick's chances of being CEO.  That's literally the beginning of this entire mess.  I'm not saying Ridge has to take all of the blame for the current predicament everyone finds themselves in, but he should acknowledge the part his less than altruistic actions played.  Ridge acts like he did nothing wrong, hence the retconned horseshit about Rick's behavior as a husband.  Where I do agree is that Brooke has very little right to parachute in later and jump on Ridge, especially when she's more pissed about CaRidge as it affects her than what it did to her son.

And what exactly was Rick's behavior problem when he was Caroline's husband?  You mean he started acting like a jerk/liar after he found out about CaRidge?  Shocking!  There isn't one thing that happened prior to his wife cheating that justifies that silly comment I've heard on the show from Caroline, Ridge, etc.  It's the biggest problem I've had with this storyline.  Instead of just letting Ridge and Caroline be the bad guys (or accept the proper amount of grief), they had to make Rick an over the top asshole to the point I'm stunned Aly hasn't said, "Yes Massa, right away Massa".  It was too much and no amount of it was going to make me like CaRidge or gloss over their affair.  I still can't imagine they're going to go there with Rick being violent to Maya, but they seem to be dropping hints.  But if someone is going to get shot, let it be Nicole.

I find it interesting that the show is still trying to make Liam the good guy... as much of a good guy as someone who's constantly kissing an ex can be.  Wyatt, OTOH, looks like a gigantic, gaping asshole.  I wish they'd bring back Hope just to kick him in the nuts (No dialogue.  Just a kick, then off she goes).  I can't wait to see his face when Ridge's first action as CEO is to fire his mother.

Since I doubt Katie will be able to cushion the blow of the Maya reveal or prevent it entirely, what's the purpose of her disagreement with Bill?  Are they going to break up again?  Boooooring. 

• Love 7

Seriously, what the hell is going on with Myra's head? The company is too cheap to buy its face a decent weave or, here's a thought, do something with the hair God gave her, since there's plenty of it and a deep condition and flat ironing would be way fucking better than the craptastic thing she's got going on now.  I watched on my iPad today, and her roots are thick and the long part is all thin and unfull.

Do we think the actors ever say to the writers, WTF, you have me saying this shit AGAIN?!?

Loved Ridge's sarcasm with idiot Nicole. And $Bill so did not disappoint: "Rick doesn't even know he's with a man?" The whole Spencer scene was great. And it does seem Rick is going to learn about Maya via Google alert. Wowza!

Wyatt is a snake.

• Love 7
(edited)

I also have no compassion for Rick, Maya, and Nicole. I view Maya as a scheming opportunistic woman and nothing else with Nicole being close behind Maya in being a gold digger. The main difference is that Nicole is not mean. Rick, growing up Forester is so tough that you have to bully all your subordinates. Hey Rick, being on call 24 hrs is against labor laws in CA.

Now Ridge is to blame for all of Rick's problems. True to form, Brooke is never the problem. I thought that after Ridge, Brooke was next going to blame Quinn. I would not worry about Maya being alone with Rick because Maya could probable kick the shit out of him. The only thing I'm conflicted about is should Bill break the story or should he wait until Rick finds out. I would imagine Wyatt would want to continue his relationship with Nicole but I don't know if Nicole would feel the same way. Oh, wait of course the little gold digger would want to. I would guess that Nicole is at least 21 because no one she told about drinking margaritas and champagne admonished her for underage drinking.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5

Saw Hopeless in the audience on last night's DWTS. Talk about a nasty surprise...tumblr_inline_n78g8iB1BU1rmrht4.gif

At first I wasn't sure but she was sitting behind Demi so KM got a small dose of face time.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, Wyatt is a weasel and a snake but, frankly, his brother is no better. Waffles continues to waffle, although this time it's under "noble" pretences.

I hope Rick doesn't snap on Maya when she reveals the truth. I don't want to see that kind of violence.

Nicole is so dumb.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 3

Who doesn't know, at this point? Aly and Ivy...Deacon and Quinn...Donna...Caroline. That's about it, right?

Oh, and Rick.

Any ATWT fans out here? Y'all remember that time Emily Steward jumped off a cliff and Doctor Hughes found out she was pregnant and told Hal, who then told everyone else in Oakdale before she'd even regained conciousness?

This story with Rick reminds me of that, right down to the rage shooting that someone should be anticipating for this.

• Love 1

For all their talk of working with GLAAD and the transgender community, I think the writers are doing a disservice to Rick and Maya. My husband has a transgender co-worker who went from male to female. Edwina, who used to be Eddie, is very open about her change. She has said that it's difficult for a man, who's with a trans woman, not to know something is off. When the genitalia from a man is changed to female, not everything is the same. Without going into specifics, let's just say that a trans woman needs to do things to make intercourse easier, as the vaginal glands aren't there. In addition. There are other obvious differences that a smart man would see. So, if Rick hasn't noticed anything "off" with regards to their sex life, something isn't quite right.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'd be interested to see a storyline where Rick doesn't become violent and is, maybe a bit disappointed his "honest-to-a-fault" girlfriend kept this big secret, but reacts with support and generosity.  He simply does not want to be in a relationship with Maya anymore.  He can't wrap his head around being with a transgender person and wants "his own" kids.  His attitude would provoke strong responses, e.g., "why can't he just adopt?", "he loved her before, why can't he be with her now" but, just as the various opinions about when Maya should have disclosed all make very valid points, Rick's attitude would have any number of supporters as well.  

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 4

I'd be interested to see a storyline where Rick doesn't become violent and is, maybe a bit disappointed his "honest-to-a-fault" girlfriend kept this big secret, but reacts with support and generosity.  He simply does not want to be in a relationship with Maya anymore.  He can't wrap his head around being with a transgender person and wants "his own" kids.  His attitude would provoke strong responses, e.g., "why can't he just adopt?", "he loved her before, why can't he be with her now" but, just as the various opinions about when Maya should have disclosed all make very valid points, Rick's attitude would have any number of supporters as well.  

Just my impression, that might be good story but it would also be completely out of character for Rick. Practically unrecognizable.

So they'll probably do just that.

• Love 9
(edited)

Having an affair with your husband's brother is "falling off the pedestal"?  I'd bet that's among the top reasons to be reviled, regardless of what someone said about them before.

But my point was not about whether or not Caroline should have been reviled. I was making a comparison about how Rick gloried in Caroline prior to the "fall". How he sang her praises, and couldn't tell enough people how much he loved her, and how she had changed his life. The same stuff we hear from him daily about Maya, but with Maya, Rick is so over the top that he has lifted Maya to an even loftier position than he had Caroline. If Caroline's betrayal led Rick to shoot a gun at her, what will Maya's betrayal, which is much, much worse in my opinion, lead Rick to do?

And what exactly was Rick's behavior problem when he was Caroline's husband?

When Ridge said that I assumed he was referencing the period of time when Rick was still married to Caroline, but was shacking up with Maya at Brooke's place, then later at Bath Tub Hut. I also imagined him referring to Rick lying to Caroline about wanting to reconcile in an effort to cement his Ironclad CEO status, and living with both women simultaneously. As far as the rest of Ridge's statement; Rick's behavior as CEO speaks for itself. I was overjoyed that Ridge pointed out that Rick is no innocent; Brooke needs to hear this, but more importantly, she needs to comprehend it. I am appalled that both she and Eric have decided to bury their heads in the sand in regards to their son. But what the fuck, Rick is raking in those profits!

Watching the show this week has reminded me of a game I played as a kid; several friends sit facing each other in a circle. You pick the first to go, and they tell the person on their left something, then that person tells the person on their left, and so on until it gets back to the original person. The goal is to see if the statement gets back the same, or if it has been altered or changed by being retold over and over. Well, I guess we have to give Bell LA proper credit for being able to keep the story straight. Now let's see what Bill does, and the effect it has. Will Katie now realize that Bill cannot be trusted? She explicitly asked him not to do this to her family, and he told her he wouldn't. He flat out lied in his wife's face, and is now going to put some schmaltzy spin on this, and will probably pour on the camp. I wonder if it will be Brooke or Katie to blast him first and if either of them will be able to forgive him.

Those were still some good scenes though, with all the different takes and reactions. I certainly didn’t expect Katie’s “oh, that is just being mean”, nor did I expect Liam to want to bail, and side with Katie. And it would appear Wyatt is truly Bill’s son; does that make him a bad guy? A terrible person? Yes, I think it does. Manipulating Nicole was one thing, disclosing her information, then pushing his brother and step-mom to use It takes Wyatt to a whole other level. That takes him to Bill’s level. But, in Wyatt’s case, I do see some remorse, and he does have an iron in the fire considering he works for Forrester. So he may be redeemable depending on what happens going forward, but I will be giving him the side eye from now on.

Maya and Rick, my God, but how they feed off of each other’s insecurities. They continually stroke each other with their dialog, and repeat their mantra’s about honesty and integrity, and commitment and strength, and being the right woman and being everything you need as if they were lifelines. They looks they exchange don’t say love to me, they say fear and desperation, and dependency and neediness.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

Yeah, when Maya & Rick talk, do they ever discuss sports?  Movies?  Current events?  The only thing those two have in common is mutual admiration/worship.  But how? They don't know a damn thing about each other.

• Love 10

I'm kind of team Bill on this one. Katie works for a fashion/media conglomerate. she needs to shut up. 

Maya is no paragon of virtue, Maya was a gold digger wanting to be in the Forrester family and be the queen, over throwing Caroline. Well with that comes the media coverage that goes with  having that rich and  famous life. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Cupid Stunt Quote

$Bill -- For man so concerned about profits and the bottom line, why would he work so hard to ruin his investment in Forrester Creations?

Shira quote

I think it's because his goal isn't to ruin FC, it's to remove the top management due to incompetence. The only thing is, isn't Ridge next in line for the throne? Doesn't Bill hate him even more than Rick? I guess it's arguable, since they tossed back their beers and bantered together. This whole thing is convoluted, but whatever...at least stuff is finally happening.

$Bill is excited that Rick has no idea Maya was a man, and he operates a media business whose bread and butter depends on profiling the humiliation of the rich and famous. With Rick CEO of Forrester Creations, a traditional company with a blue-blood clientele, this expose ( “Ignorance is Bliss even if it Makes a Man a Miss.” -- ridiculous and funny) could be offensive to their delicate blue-blood sensibilities and they would abandon FC products. That would cause a big dent in $Bill's Forrester balance sheet.

$Bill is a practitioner of personal attack politics, and has a gift for Turn your head and cough yellow journalism. Playing transgender Maya offensively in his media empire is not outside of $Bill's wheelhouse, and why else would he need Justin?  To discuss how far he can go with the story, creating a circus about Maya one step ahead of libel?

Rick isn't driving Forrester "over a cliff," as $Bill said. Rick's making money hand over fist. $Bill wants to get rid Rick because of Caroline's treatment at Forrester after she and Ridge fell in love/lust/nuDESTINY/whatever.

Since Liam bailed on the Maya story, that tells me $Bill is going to be entirely in charge of the media push, and will be deeply involved in Forrester Creations after Rick is publicly humiliated. It wouldn't surprise me if $Bill and/or his favorite meat puppet, Steffy Forrester, will be riding roughshod over FC in the near future. Ridge is not going to be sitting at the big kids table if $Bill is at FC.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3

$Bill is a practitioner of personal attack politics, and has a gift for Turn your head and cough yellow journalism. Playing transgender Maya offensively in his media empire is not outside of $Bill's wheelhouse, and why else would he need Justin?  To discuss how far he can go with the story, creating a circus about Maya one step ahead of libel?

I thought $Bill was going to read Justin the riot act for missing the Myron thing in his investigation of Maya.

• Love 5
(edited)

I really cannot take one more show of "The Glorification of Maya" from Rick. Spill the beans already, Maya!!!

It's frustrating. In my head, I'm trying to be kind and balance soap pacing, vs real-life-pacing, vs the fact that it's a 1/2 hour show.

I thought Maya would've spilled the beans by Wednesday, however at this rate, I figure the truth will come out*...Eh...of Maya's mouth...By tomorrow, or Monday.

*As we all know, everyone but Rick already knows.

Edited by C76
  • Love 3

Now that The Secret is finally coming out, I'm wondering about Caroline's return. I think Caroline has been in New York negotiating with Steffy about returning to FC. I wonder if Maya crashing and burning will push Steffy to say yes to a Forrester/Spencer alliance to take out Rick. If Katie walks away from Bill again after he tells the world about Maya/Myron, we could get "Biffy" 2.0.

• Love 2

Rick's making money hand over fist

I'd say the designs/clothes are the things making the company money hand over fist.

I'm glad Rick is finally going to find out about the secret. About damn time!

I really cannot take one more show of "The Glorification of Maya

Completely agree. I think it would be totally unbelievable for Rick to take this news well. All his babbling about truth and integrity for months now (though it feels like years), shows that he shouldn't - unless we are just going to do the politically correct thing.

• Love 1

Now that Rick has finally popped the question and Caroline is due back next week, the torture may soon be over. Maya is stupid to have not told Rick the truth before, though, and I hope she comes to regret it. 

So are Ridge and Brooke planning to race up to Big Bear to see what's going on? That will only make Rick more angry that he was the last to learn Myra's big secret.

Katie was awfully aggressive with $Bill today, chastising him like he's a petulant teenager who doesn't want to listen. Does she not know the man she married? 

Wyatt is still a snake in the grass. 

• Love 3