Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

headcases like Ally who have Hope Logan shrines in their bedrooms

I miss the hell out of headcase Ally.  Why can she not go all "I can smell the evil" on Rick and Maya's asses?  

• Love 10
(edited)

What I would like to see is Ridge taking a defensive stance against any derogatory press about Maya being transgender, and by extension, protecting Rick. I think it would be pretty awesome, and some damn good story telling, if Ridge and Caroline become Rick and Maya's champions, maybe not as a couple or the CEO and his Lead Model, but as individuals who have the right to be who they choose to be.

Beautiful post, I wish like hell this was the way it was going to go.

I feel very strongly that Eric must come out in support of Maya. Brooke is going to leap on this as proof that Maya isn't the one for Rick, but Eric needs to stand up for Maya. I can't really drag it into words -- lord knows he can be an idiot, but the core of Eric's character is kindness and love for family. He's already thinking of Maya as future family, and I think he is going to be the one to see her point of view. Like Ridge, he must know several transgender models, and I don't see Eric as being some out-of-touch fuddy duddy about it. I think he's going to surprise the hell out of everyone if he supports Maya, but I think it is the only character-driven path for him to follow.

Was very impressed that Ridge went straight to the heart of the problem -- how bad is Rick going to blow when he finds out the truth? I would, however, like to hear either him or Eric express specific concern about Maya's safety -- Rick is a gun-firing lunatic, after all.

ETA: forgot to mention, I don't find it so odd that neither Rick nor Carter knew Maya wasn't born a woman. This is LA, City of Plastic Surgery -- even if she has, say, scars from breast implants, I'm sure Rick and Carter both have plenty of experience with those! Hell, my sister has fake tits, and we're from Oklahoma! And there are a lot of reasons for a woman to not have a period, even at her age. She could claim a hysterectomy, birth control, unspecified "female trouble", which covers a lot of ground....

Edited by minirth
  • Love 11

I don't think there's been any context provided for Nicole to be doing that except perhaps a certain stereotypical one. Ivy and Ally are both young women too so why don't they break out into dance at every opportunity?

There is definitely context.  Her dancing is supposed to show us how FUN and free-spirited she is...Lord help us Steffy part 2! Ivy and Aly don't because they are the Forrester fuddy duddy killjoys.

• Love 4

I don't fault her for the act of dancing itself. That was obviously put in there by the writers. I only fault her for how bad it was. She had no rhythm. I don't know if that was a result of her holding her margarita and not wanting to spill it, so she couldn't really go all out and bust a move. But in any event, her bad dancing has been immortalised, and I am sure we will see it probably at least 50 more times in the next year.

Hunter Tylo is probably happy that there is finally another display of bad dancing on this show, because her drunk "I'm Taylor Hayes!!!" attempt at dancing with Hector is still funny.

• Love 7

Bell is trying too hard to be PC with this story and Im sure working with GLADD is influencing the writing. It needs to be more scandalous and not so PSA. Everyone shouldnt be so quick to be so understanding about this. This is a foreign concept to most people so we should have characters dismiss the notion of Maya being transgendered and not accept it.

I agree. I don't think anyone should disparage Myra because she's transgender but they should be as mad as fuck that she hasn't been honest about it from the start, especially with Rick. He has harped so much about integrity, honesty, secrets, trust, blah, blah, blah, and has become emotionally dependent upon her in a way that i think is dangerous and unhealthy for any adult. Not to mention icky. I couldn't bear it if a man was all stage-10 clingy with me like that. 

So while they can be somewhat PC in that not that there's anything wrong with it kind of way, there has to be some shock and anger because she's been perpetrating one of the biggest lies imaginable. 

And I do not think that Ridge and Caroline should be championing Rick and Maya after the despicable way they've treated them. Even if Rick and Ridge don't really care for each other, there's no excuse for Rick's behavior. The way he's treated everyone, especially making Ally move from her room and act like a servant, needs big fucking payback as in his head detonates when he learns about Maya. He needs to have some sort of breakdown so that he can finally get the help he needs.

As for Nicole, her parents need to come and get her, stat. And why does she never speak to them? Instead of trying to be a model, she should have gotten Maya to pay for her to continue her studies at UCLA. She should be trying to work in Forrester's IT division because maybe she could get away with modeling for HFTF for a while, she's not a real model type and needs a Plan B.

These people are annoying. When the hell is Caroline back?

• Love 8

And I do not think that Ridge and Caroline should be championing Rick and Maya after the despicable way they've treated them.

THIS is what it all boils down to as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 5

Bell is trying too hard to be PC with this story and Im sure working with GLADD is influencing the writing. It needs to be more scandalous and not so PSA. Everyone shouldnt be so quick to be so understanding about this. This is a foreign concept to most people so we should have characters dismiss the notion of Maya being transgendered and not accept it.

Wicole is moving wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too fast.  Two  dates... and he's ready to put a ring on it...SMH.

That look from Brooke was anger.  She never got to ride Myron before he became Maya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least they dated first unlike Myron & Carter

• Love 1

But why shouldn't at least one character disparage Maya because she's transgender?  This isn't real life. It's a television show.  There's no creativity or story arc if everyone is completely unfazed and immediately accepting.  And, on the most basic level, this isn't the kind of situation people encounter regularly.  And when people are unfamiliar with something, sometimes their reactions be less than perfect.  I didn't watch "As the World Turns" regularly but I believe long-term character Lisa Hughes took issue with an interracial relationship between two front-burner characters.  I always appreciated that as a very ballsy stance for the show to take with a character who'd been front-and-center for 30 years.  She eventually came around (and became godmother to the couple's daughter), just as I would expect any dissenting character here would do with Maya.  But I'd like to see that evolution.

The other thing, though, is that Maya's transgender status is a paradigm shift.  She's been on the canvas for several years, involved with two men, and inextricably linked with Forrester Creations.  As a woman.  That's how everyone perceives her.  It's not good or bad that she was born a man but I would hope there would be a period of adjustment we see with some characters as they try to reconcile the image they had of Maya with the actual truth.  For this reason, even if Rick and Maya are the endgame, I'd like to see them apart for quite awhile.  There's no realistic way he can flip a mental switch and immediately accept his girlfriend was born a man.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Finally ... Someone Brooke can threaten and intimidate:

Brooke to Maya: "I know ..."

Maya's going to need a visit to the sandbox and a handful of Valium when Brooke is done with her.

CoolBreeze quote

But why shouldn't at least one character disparage Maya because she's transgender?

Brooke seems to have volunteered to chew up Maya for not being candid with Rick, so there may be room in her argument for ridicule and demeaning Maya's choice to remain silent.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 4
(edited)

With Maya's comments that she'll still have her self respect because Rick finds out from her, and the growing list of people who already know it's obvious Rick will find out in the worst way possible by probably the worst person possible. 

Ridge already knows Rick will go psycho and wants him out of town, so that won't happen now. Rick will be in town and go psycho. Does he still have that gun? Don't think he'll miss this time.

Wyatt, Bill and Liam are running around trying so hard to get the secret and meanwhile Ridge is spilling to everyone. All they need to do is ask him or have Ivy ask him.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

With Maya's comments that she'll still have her self respect because Rick finds out from her, and the growing list of people who already know it's obvious Rick will find out in the worst way possible by probably the worst person possible. 

Sounds delightful. Scenarios, anyone?

• Love 2

I think the approach Ridge is taking is appropriate. He thinks Rick will flip out and that will hurt the company. He had better support Maya as a person. Not necessarily for her decision to conceal the truth, but for the fact that she is transgender itself. After all, he marched in a gay pride parade and was hugging a gay man in Paris in between reading poetry.

If anyone is going to be intolerant, it would be Bill. I think if he is not bigoted and turned off, it is out of character for him.

• Love 4
(edited)

But why shouldn't at least one character disparage Maya because she's transgender?  

I think Bill might (if he didn't do it already, I didn't see today's yet).

ETA:  Or as Blackwing said :)

Edited by ByTor

I actually think Bill's scorn, if it's there, will probably be more directed at Rick, like it makes Rick "less of a man" to sleep with someone who was born male.

I'm thinking something along the lines of some of the reaction to the Kendra and Hank cheating thing, where he cheated with a transgender model.  There was some sentiment out there where it was somehow "worse" of him and for Kendra that the woman he cheated with was transgender, like it was some kind of comment both on Hank's masculinity and it was more of a slam on Kendra that her man went out and cheated on her with someone who wasn't born a woman. 

• Love 1

I have known two transgender males while they were transitioning to female.  In one case the man was in his fifties, everyone knew him as a man and slowly they realized he was transitioning and then he did the name change and the clothing hair and makeup.  He was one of our volunteers and all the volunteers are older and conservative.  I never saw any of them do or say anything offensive, but we did have a number of people who joked about it.  It makes people uncomfortable so they joke.

The other was a teenaged boy and no one in his family believed him, they thought he was just seeking attention.  Some joking going on there too.  So I think for it to be realistic, the majority of people are understanding and respectful, but certainly someone like Bill would be mocking both Maya and Rick.  They should show this side because I agree with the posts that it wouldn't be realistic that everyone is immediately chill with this.  Even if people intellectually are okay, I have noticed they still make jokes about it behind the person's back.

• Love 6
(edited)

I actually think Bill's scorn, if it's there, will probably be more directed at Rick, like it makes Rick "less of a man" to sleep with someone who was born male.

I'm thinking something along the lines of some of the reaction to the Kendra and Hank cheating thing, where he cheated with a transgender model.  There was some sentiment out there where it was somehow "worse" of him and for Kendra that the woman he cheated with was transgender, like it was some kind of comment both on Hank's masculinity and it was more of a slam on Kendra that her man went out and cheated on her with someone who wasn't born a woman. 

A quick side trip to Google assures me that I have no idea of who Kendra and Hank are...  :-) 

But anyway, I think in the B&B 'verse that Maya is almost too feminine, at least the 1950's "stand by your man" doormat kind of feminine, so casting aspersions on Rick's masculinity in that regard wouldn't ring true to me. But someone has to be a jerk about Maya and Bill seems to be the most likely candidate.

ETA:  Bill needs to explain how he completely missed Myron while he was investigating Maya, though.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 5

Charlie in the steam room.

• Love 2
ETA:  Bill needs to explain how he completely missed Myron while he was investigating Maya, though.

I assume they're going to try to handwave it with something like "well there was no information on Maya from earlier years, but she was a child then, so I just figured there wasn't anything to find."  Yes, it would seem there should have still been some record of things like the changing of her info on her SSN, license, etc, but since they weren't planning this story back then, they kind of have to handwave something like that now. 

• Love 1

I think the approach Ridge is taking is appropriate. He thinks Rick will flip out and that will hurt the company. He had better support Maya as a person. Not necessarily for her decision to conceal the truth, but for the fact that she is transgender itself. After all, he marched in a gay pride parade and was hugging a gay man in Paris in between reading poetry.

I wouldn't be so sure of Ridge's altruism -- Maya is a truncheon Rick has used against Ridge's designs and talent too many times to count. Ridge has been dismissed and marginalized to force him to favor Rick's exaggerated mythos about Maya. All Maya All The Time at Forrester Creations is an obvious McGuffin -- Rick cannot tolerate the least discouraging word or criticism about Saint Maya, and Ridge is a font of criticism and snide commentary since he'd been sidelined (due to his own actions) as the mere lead designer of FC that has to follow the demands of vengeance-driven upper management.

After today's episode, with Ridge and Rick snarling and insulting each other over the idea of building a better working relationship, Ridge would relish the chance to implode Rick's fantasy world with the truth about Myron.

If anyone is going to be intolerant, it would be Bill. I think if he is not bigoted and turned off, it is out of character for him.

Bigoted or not, $Bill will see this as an opportunity to use Myron to wrest control of FC from the Forrester's, and Ridge will have to continue to play second fiddle to the equally antagonistic and bottom-line oriented $Bill Spencer.

• Love 5

Artsda, on 06 May 2015 - 1:47 PM, said:

SweePea59, on 06 May 2015 - 2:12 PM, said:

Gudzilla quote

Charlie in the steam room.

**Dead**

• Love 2

But why shouldn't at least one character disparage Maya because she's transgender? This isn't real life. It's a television show. There's no creativity or story arc if everyone is completely unfazed and immediately accepting. And, on the most basic level, this isn't the kind of situation people encounter regularly. And when people are unfamiliar with something, sometimes their reactions be less than perfect. I didn't watch "As the World Turns" regularly but I believe long-term character Lisa Hughes took issue with an interracial relationship between two front-burner characters. I always appreciated that as a very ballsy stance for the show to take with a character who'd been front-and-center for 30 years. She eventually came around (and became godmother to the couple's daughter), just as I would expect any dissenting character here would do with Maya. But I'd like to see that evolution.

The other thing, though, is that Maya's transgender status is a paradigm shift. She's been on the canvas for several years, involved with two men, and inextricably linked with Forrester Creations. As a woman. That's how everyone perceives her. It's not good or bad that she was born a man but I would hope there would be a period of adjustment we see with some characters as they try to reconcile the image they had of Maya with the actual truth. For this reason, even if Rick and Maya are the endgame, I'd like to see them apart for quite awhile. There's no realistic way he can flip a mental switch and immediately accept his girlfriend was born a man.

I agree with all of this. Even in California, there are plenty of trans persons that experience discrimination. One woman lost her job at a yoga studio because she let her 5 year old trans daughter sit in the lobby and one of the patrons made a stink about it.

ATWT did used to do some great social stories. The last decent one was when Luke Snyder came out as gay and Lily was initially less than supportive. I take it with a grain of salt given that she and Holden were the one couple in soapdom to give Brooke and Ridge a run in the "Most Remarriages" category, but it's not unusual for even those who are okay with gays and trans to not immediately accept this in someone close to them.

But then, it's not like B&B has ever done subtle.

• Love 2

I remember Chaz Bono saying that CHER of all people was not supportive at first. His grandmother (Sonny's mom, I believe?) was always very accepting, but it took Cher a while to come around.

Somebody posted an interview with Brad Bell when this story was first revealed, and he did say that the reactions of the characters upon learning the truth would run the gamut and reflect what happens in real life.

• Love 3

One of the funniest things I saw in a long time today was when Brooke said Ridge can't tell Rick about Maya.  Why?  Because he'll enjoy it too much.  THAT made me snort :)

• Love 5

One of the funniest things I saw in a long time today was when Brooke said Ridge can't tell Rick about Maya. Why? Because he'll enjoy it too much. THAT made me snort :)

Nooooooooo!You don't say!

md_horiz.jpg

In all seriousness, why WOULD Ridge go easy on Rick on this? Even before Maya,was in the picture, Rick used Steffy to piss him off and got Phoebe killed (yes,yes, I know she was a bit stupid, but it never would have happened but for him and Taylor). At this point,the two of them are about even.

• Love 3

Nicole is a cute girl but I'm sorry, Elaine Benes is a better dancer than her. And I've got a Swiffer mop you could hang a couture gown on and it would make a better model than Nicole. I really don't understand why the show decided to go this route with her other than to give Maya a reason to "mentor" her. When Nicole first showed up she was a smart geek girl with a good head on her shoulders and now she's turning into a frivolous gold-digger. What does she do all day besides wandering the halls of FC or going on these weird dates with Wyatt where they can't be seen in public together? What a waste.

She should be trying to work in Forrester's IT division because maybe she could get away with modeling for HFTF for a while, she's not a real model type and needs a Plan B.

Apparently, snagging herself a rich man is her Plan B.

• Love 11

I have known two transgender males at two different jobs several states away--the first time it was all about "what restroom will they use" that really was the most important thing----the second time it was just "after vacation this is what will be" and if you answer any phone calls transfer those and it will be explained but not by you---pretty seamless and only the first name on the phone list changed-----but then the advent of ragemonkey RICK----cannot imagine

• Love 2

Bill is going to enjoy it more than Ridge, so watch him tell Rick. I think it has to be one of the 3 Spencers or else what's the point of them in this story still looking for the secret. 

They don't care about Rick or Maya, just getting control of the company so Rick's feelings or the company's rep don't matter like it does to Ridge.

• Love 5

Bill is going to enjoy it more than Ridge, so watch him tell Rick. I think it has to be one of the 3 Spencers or else what's the point of them in this story still looking for the secret. 

They don't care about Rick or Maya, just getting control of the company so Rick's feelings or the company's rep don't matter like it does to Ridge.

So this could be reduced to a $Bill vs Ridge event.

• Love 2
(edited)

What was that weirdness between Rick and Carter? I am struggling to comprehend why Rick would be asking Carter such things; given that Rick espouses Maya's honesty and integrity, shouldn't he already have all those answers? And seriously, Maya's ring size? Didn't he just buy Maya that huge rock that embodied her? The strangest thing though, was that Carter went along with it like it was everyday that he gets asked these kinds of questions about his ex-fiance by her current boyfriend.

Am I the only one that Rick is totally creeping out? He is not in love with Maya; he is obsessed with what he thinks she is, and how she “supports” him. Rick has spent his life looking for a replacement for his mother and now he has found her. Maya is a lifeline who pumps up his fragile ego to epic proportions, and makes him feel like the little man who could. And while I don’t have a problem with my man appreciating me, Rick’s over the top worship would seriously scare me and put me off. There is no way anyone could ever live up to that. What is going to happen if I do something that tarnishes my halo? That isn’t up to the standards to which Rick holds me? Yeah, I think I would be running.

I don’t think Ridge will tell; he may be angry and disillusioned, but I think he will respect Eric and Brooke’s wishes. Additionally, I really believe if he was going to say anything he would have done so earlier regardless of Maya coming into the office. Actually, I would think her appearance would have spurred him on, because then Rick could have confronted her in Ridge’s presence.

And this is the first time I have been behind Eric and Brooke in regards to Rick. In reality though, this is the first time their terrible parenting is really going to hit them in the face. They have molly coddled, excused, looked the other way, and done whatever they have had to do to protect their Wee Wittle Boy and by extension, have created a monster. Most parents would be distressed and nervous about telling their son he was marrying someone born male, but they would not fear it. But Eric and Brooke’s reactions said quite clearly that they are afraid of what Rick will do. If Rick wasn’t spoiled and entitled, and if he didn’t have this warped perception about honesty, he might be able to handle this. As is it though? I just don’t see him accepting Maya’s deception.

My oh my, but was Brooke channeling Stephanie yesterday? I was somewhat amazed as I watched her deploy SF’s patented move of subtle eye movements and voice inflections, as well as the slow build up to what is really eating her. That is saying a lot for KKL, who in recent years, has relied on her baby doll voice and looks to get the job done. I think I re-watched that scene about five times and didn’t delete it.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13
(edited)

Nicole is a cute girl but I'm sorry, Elaine Benes is a better dancer than her. And I've got a Swiffer mop you could hang a couture gown on and it would make a better model than Nicole. I really don't understand why the show decided to go this route with her other than to give Maya a reason to "mentor" her. When Nicole first showed up she was a smart geek girl with a good head on her shoulders and now she's turning into a frivolous gold-digger. What does she do all day besides wandering the halls of FC or going on these weird dates with Wyatt where they can't be seen in public together? What a waste.

Apparently, snagging herself a rich man is her Plan B.

You forgot when she also was pushing herself as a singer to Othello and Carter and did these awful vocal runs and crooning. I was thinking damn you are presenting yourself to be a model, dancer, and singer all in one WEEK and all terribly. Ugh make up your mind and get good at at least one.

*Not a slam against the actress she's a pretty girl but I've seen pictures of her: candid and those professionally done promo ones for interviews. She's not a model or photogenic and I'm not sure what's the reason maybe its the planes of her face and poses. But she doesn't photograph well and doesn't really scream "model" on tape either.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

And seriously, Maya's ring size?

Speaking of, I call shenanigans on her ring size.  A 5?  There is no way that hands/fingers that were born male would be THAT tiny.

Something else hit me yesterday.  Ridge could no longer effectively run the company because he was playing kissy face with his brother's wife, but gun-shooting king of condescension Rick is just a-ok???

• Love 12
For the biggest punch to the gut, I'd say if $Bill uses it as an exclusive exposee on the cover of one of his publications--with one of those New York Daily News sensationalistic headlines like "SHE'S A MAN, RICKY-BABY!"

Yeah, I've actually imagined something like that almost happening except Maya and/or Nicole find out and Nicole hacks into SP's production system to alter the headline or stop the publication altogether. I want to see the writers actually use Nicole's original backstory.

• Love 3

Maybe. But is see it revealed at the fashion show face off while Rick is onstage and basking in his success in front of a crowd. Somehow it will be blurted and the fact that everyone knew but him. And salt in the wound would be if Ridge or Caroline is the one to comfort him.

• Love 3

Before the "I know", Brooke subtly looked Maya up and down as if trying to imagine her having been born a boy.  She was seeing her for the first time after the revelation and it was like she was looking for the "seams" or zippers or something.

Good choice by KKL. 

• Love 5

Before RuntheTable pointed it out, I saw Brooke acting differently but I didn't realize she was channeling her inner Stephanie. Watching today's show I could see it so clearly, even before they stared hitting us over the head with it as Brooke declared that she was out to out-Stephanie Stephanie. (Not in those words.) Loving this. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't know about Bill being such a bigot.  He didn't make anything of Caroline having two mothers. 

Big Bear has been mentioned a lot, so I vote for the big revelation to happen there.  Big Bear is often the scene of big, outlandish doings.   If I were Maya, I don't believe I'd go there. 

Edited by Unwarranted
  • Love 2

I don't know about Bill being such a bigot. He didn't make anything of Caroline having two mothers.

I can speak only for myself here, but while I never had a problem with accepting gays, it took a longer while to come around to people being transgendered and even longer to wrap my head around kids transitioning as young as three. But when there are so many stories of kids leading happy lives for it, I couldn't hold on to my old beliefs anymore.

• Love 5

I'm confused about the end of yesterday and the beginning of today's show.  Was the scene yesterday with Brooke and Maya for real?  Or just Brooke's imagination?  I couldn't tell from her conversation with Ridge, and Maya seemed awfully casual for someone who has a huge secret, and just had squinty-eyed Brooke in her face saying "I KNOW!"

Confused.

But I did love Maya's speech.  Yes, I think this is the kind of thing that is mandatory for sharing, and yes, I am sure that the Mama Bear in me would be all over Maya in the same way Brooke was.  But like Maya said, "Why is it anyone's business besides mine and my doctor?"  

As someone mentioned a day or two ago, I'm glad we've gotten to know Maya and her faults (and strengths) as a woman for a long time before we knew she was transgender.  Because it's easy to get judgy and mean with someone (or a character) you barely know.  But clearly Carter and Ridge, even if they don't like Maya a lot of the time, are conflicted and feel for her on a level that they wouldn't with a brand new person on the scene.

• Love 5
(edited)

If ever there was a time when Brooke should have used her patented finger snap, "just like that" routine, it was today when she went in on Maya. Gotta give Maya credit though, she held her own. Kudos to both actresses!

However, did some scenes get cut? How did we get from yesterday's killer cliffhanger to Maya with Nicole today acting like Brooke hadn't dropped the bomb yet? Was Brooke's "I know" moment a dream sequence or something?

ETA: Hawkeye720, looks like we had the same thought at the same time about yesterday's ending versus what happened today. GMTA.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

Maya has to realize that now that other people know, especially Ridge, she has to tell Rick, and stat. Doesn't she? I mean, it was bad enough having Nicole and Carter talking about it nonstop all over the building, but this is getting out of hand!

I really thought that Ridge seemed like he was actually worried about Rick a little, and not just his reaction. He had a flash or two of what seemed like real sympathy for Rick. Of course, he may be a little concerned, but he's not going to let that stop him from taking advantage of the situation.

I agree that at least one character should be an absolute asshole about finding out. One, it's realistic, and could be a good way to show the kind of hate and discrimination transgender people suffer. Two, it could be a non-hammy way for the show to do some educating about transgender people, without it having to have it come directly from Maya. If nothing else, there should be some conversations between others about finding it weird or not understanding it.

I can speak only for myself here, but while I never had a problem with accepting gays, it took a longer while to come around to people being transgendered and even longer to wrap my head around kids transitioning as young as three. But when there are so many stories of kids leading happy lives for it, I couldn't hold on to my old beliefs anymore.

Thanks for sharing that; I think it's hard to acknowledge our own biases to ourselves, harder to overcome them, and harder still to admit them publicly, even in an anonymous forum. And I think what you've said is a pretty common path for people, me included. I was never hateful or bigoted about it, but I do admit to feeling uneasy. Growth and maturity- thank god for it. All in all, I thi the show has been doing a good job with a story that could have gone very very wrong very easily.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm confused about the end of yesterday and the beginning of today's show.  Was the scene yesterday with Brooke and Maya for real?  Or just Brooke's imagination?  I couldn't tell from her conversation with Ridge, and Maya seemed awfully casual for someone who has a huge secret, and just had squinty-eyed Brooke in her face saying "I KNOW!"

Confused.

I didn't understand how Brooke could say "I know" to Maya and then be unable to continue the conversation. Her explanation to Ridge made no sense, so I presume it's a cheap trick by TIIC to drag Maya's reveal/Rick's implosion/FC takeover out into next week.

Had it happened as Brooke described, Maya should have assumed the worse and ran off to tell Rick about Myron. But instead KKL performs her best Stephanie Forrester impression, with dialog written with Stephanie in mind, and Maya continues her delusion that not telling Rick until after a marriage proposal will make the truth safe for her to tell and the truth less difficult for Rick to accept.

My personal opinion is the minute Maya made the decision to sleep with Rick two years ago was when she should have told him the truth. Since Maya's history had not been written transgender two years ago -- When they reunited, she should have told Rick as soon as he was sober enough to listen.

Maya has been shielding herself with lies of omission in the commission of an fraud on Forrester Creations and Rick, the family emotional timebomb. Everyone has been mentioning their fear of Rick going off, doing some damage to FC or hurting someone again.

It's one thing to be proud of literally creating your adult life out of whole cloth, it is quite another to pretend your entire life has no effect on a future spouse, family, friends, and colleagues. As the saying goes: Wherever you go, there you are. Myron is always with Maya, whether she acknowledges him or not.

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I believe sex partners deserve the opportunity to decline sexual activity due to extenuating circumstances, like having sex with a transgender individual. I'm all for moon spoon in Rangoon, but I'm also a big proponent in making an educated decision with whom and how you share your body. It may sound clinical and anti-romantic to a fault, but it is one way of having your expectations met while protecting yourself from some harm.

But I did love Maya's speech.  Yes, I think this is the kind of thing that is mandatory for sharing, and yes, I am sure that the Mama Bear in me would be all over Maya in the same way Brooke was.  But like Maya said, "Why is it anyone's business besides mine and my doctor?"

If anyone demands to know ALL your business, it would be Rick ... Maya's beloved and intended. One cannot take a breath if Rick's not documenting it ...

It's their business if they have sex with you for months, live with you, tell you they love you, make a commitment to marry you, and you spend an inordinate amount of time invoking silence from those that find out your past or avoid telling your significant other until they are cornered by your history after they hand you a ring box.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9

At the rate they're going the Spencers will be the only people to find out after Rick.

Yes - hilarious! At this point I see the Spencer men as the Keystone Cops, going on and on about The Secret That Everyone Else Knows. Love it.

• Love 5

I know I'm mixing Apples and Oranges but I feel revealing that you are transgendered prior to sex is just as important as revealing you have HIV, vaginal warts, genital harpies, or other STD's.

• Love 5