Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I was wondering why when Ivy mentioned that the profits were actually Ridge's and Caroline's Rick didn't have a retort

I don't understand why she didn't point out that the profits were a fluke. The whole plot of Ridge&Caroline's first collection was Rick overpriced Ridge and Caroline's designs to get them to fail. He was shocked people paid for them at that price. So basically Eric is giving Rick a pat on the back for a manipulative plan of his to get Ridge and Caroline's designs to be a failure profit wise for the company. 

Good job Eric and Rick's taking credit for it too!

• Love 4

I got this. One of two things is gonna happen:

1. Deacon, on his way to his AA meeting, can't help himself and stops by to check on lBrooke. He finds her unconscious and takes her to the ER. She's OK, but they are gone for HOURS. When Deacon gets home, a furious Quinn confronts him. When Deacon spills, she goes ballistic. Meanwhile, Brooke decides that she has to sober up and needs support. Deacon introduces her to AA and they bond over the shared experience of recovery.

2. Deacon, on his way to his AA meeting, can't help himself and stops by to check on Brooke. He finds her unconscious, but she slowly wakes up. She's OK and right on the spot, agrees to go to AA with Deacon. When Deacon spills to Quinn that he's going to make sure Brooke faithfully goes to AA (with him) she goes ballistic. Deacon and Brooke bond over the shared experience of recovery.

He'll be her only "support system," blah, blah, blah.... Just like back when she was raped and Ridge and only Ridge could support her...

P.S.: I miss Clarence. He'd be all over this hot mess.

You were pretty darned close! But Deacon can't tell Quinn about Brooke being at the meeting, right? Isn't that the "Anonymous" part of AA? So he'll have to keep it a secret from Quinn, but she will find out somehow and go ballistic and the rest as you stated.

And you are so right about Clarence. I can think of of few cast members on B&B (and about half of the cast of Y&R) that CBS could get rid of to save some money so they could hire Clarence full-time.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who thought it was hilarious that Brooke ordered a case of those huge ass bottles of vodka ?

If Deacon wants to control Quinn's craziness he should offer her a shoe line, it works on Aly.

Brooke goes from no problem to full blown alcoholic to rock bottom to AA in about a months time, almost all without leaving her living room. Now that's how you move a story along.

• Love 10

If Maya becomes anyone's long lost daughter, I hope to God it's not Bill.

Maybe she could be Ridge's long lost daughter, and she's insinuating herself into the family to stir up trouble from within.

RuntheTable quote

I think it would be pretty awesome if Brooke had a Scrooge like experience, and was visited by three ghosts while she is unconscious:

Oh H-E-double hockey sticks no! It couldn't be that classic of story-telling or so entertaining.

Instead Brooke wakes up from her face-plant with a liquor store delivery and bloody nose. "Oh, dear," our gormless heroine discerns from her rough night, "why would I order a case of vodka when I needed two?" -- Not really, Brooke doesn't remember ordering the vodka.

Somewhat chagrined, not remembering when she decided to search for the bottom of her liquid despair from the living room carpet, she makes a decision for herself, locates an AA meeting, and away she goes to a Westside meeting.

Introducing herself, she tells her tale of woe -- "I thought I was loved." -- And who should walk in, in search of a better sobriety for his future ... Deacon!

What do we call this chance meeting of the like-minded and recovering alcoholics? Kismet ... the Wheel of Fortune spins double-zeroes ... the dice roll snake eyes ... Karma ... DESTINY????

Six days from today: Brooke implodes DeaQuinn.

I hate this show.

• Love 10

Cupid Stunt:

What do we call this chance meeting of the like-minded and recovering alcoholics? Kismet ... the Wheel of Fortune spins double-zeroes ... the dice roll snake eyes ... Karma ... DESTINY????

Well, I call it really crappy writing.

I'm with you about hating this show. It's like a train wreck...it's hard to look away, even though it frequently makes me nauseous.

• Love 2

I don't know about that. Brooke's alcoholism has caused me buckets of misery. It's the same old shallow tripe hack writers trot out when they want to do an addiction storyline but don't have the creativity to give it any depth or nuance. Golly, I can hardly wait to walk the well-trod road to redemption with Brooke and Deacon as they overcome one cliche after another, finally arriving at their destination, Brooke's Bedroom. Lessons will not be learned, but channels will be turned. By me.

I would prefer it if Brooke did not sleep with another of her daughter's significant others. On other shows, it might be soapy, on this show it would be a day ending in Y.

Can't buy Nicole as Maya's daughter, as Maya looks like she would have been between 8 and 10 when Nicole was born (IMO). As others have said, Rick wouldn't care. I think Maya's secret is that she has a shameful small penis fetish, and Nicole spilling the little tiny beans will put the lie to Maya's reassurances to Rick that he's packing a nuclear warhead in his pants silo. Either that or she shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

• Love 15

Nicole is becoming more and more my hero everytime she gives Maya some shit. Best line of the day maybe the century when Maya said that Rick treats "everyone" with kindness and respect. Sure, and Rick farts rainbows and sunflowers. Can we market what Maya is smoking. Maybe it's the bath bubbles she is inhaling.

Loved the note Maya left Nicole to take her clothes out of the dryer and make her bed for the housekeeper slash Ally won't do it for you. Stand your ground Nicole. Show your sister you can be as much of a gold digger as she is.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5

Did Maya and Nicole kill their parents and form a murder pact or something?  I'm trying to figure out how Nicole rationalizes that she has as much of a "right" to live with Rick as his girlfriend.  The phrasing of that was weird.

• Love 3

Yes, I  am at a loss as to what was such hard work. She has kissed Ricky's ass with a big ol' smile so that's not it. Caroline practically gift wrapped him so that wasn't hard. Everything else has been handed to her. Why whine now?  It just makes her even more unappealing to me, if that's even possible.

Having to sex Rick to live the high life in the Forrester mansion, apparently.

• Love 2

Brooke is probably going to try to break up Deacon and Quinn by getting him to drink again. He perhaps should have been more discreet at the AA meeting.

Isn't Carter the FC corporate attorney? How does he represent one FC employee against another who also happens to be his boss, and in a non-FC matter at that? Seems like a conflict of interest, IMO, but my legal knowledge was gained at the TV School of Law & Order so maybe it's not relevant to CA.

I could do without seeing Nicole dancing again unless we find out she's minoring in dance at college or it's something she's known for back home. Otherwise it seems a little stereotypical to me. Have we seen Ivy or Aly busting some moves in their own little private exhibition?

Carter, please get a life.

Heh, at least he managed to be alone in a room with Ridge and keep his shirt on.
  • Love 2

I've found that people who drink alcohol, socially, heavily, or as alcoholics, have a special bond.  They gravitate to each other and view non-drinkers as outsiders.

That is pretty true,actually. I never hung around drinkers until I was stationed in Japan. I never tried to play gooseberry or control anyone else's drinking, but most were still weirded out by me NOT drinking and heaven forbid, actually wanting to do activities in Japan BEFORE 6 in the evening. Go figure.

At any rate, isn't this how Deacon and Mac also bonded,via AA? And IIRC, her drinking problem started over a man as well, or was at least made worse when Thorne and Brooke began pushing for a divorce.

I'm so over this story.

• Love 3

Yep. Deacon and Macy met at AA. I honestly don't remember why/how she started drinking, but she hung out and drank at the Bikini Bar and got in a drunk driving accident that injured her passenger. She sobered up, then one day Sheila met her for a chat (forgot what about as those two really weren't in each other's orbit) and while Macy was in the restroom, Sheila spiked her orange juice with vodka.

Macy played this so much better than Brooke, but then, the story was allowed to evolve over time. Brooke's been drinking, what, a couple of weeks? A month? And now she's headed to AA?

• Love 2

Brooke became an alcoholic last week, right? This is the big & never before story never told by Brad Bell for Brooke? I guess if Brooke can't have a man she has to become a drunk? This is so lame!

• Love 8

Yeah. The Big Brooke Blockbuster was a bust!

I guess what bugs me is that with this storyline is that Brooke's drinking problem (I hesitate to call it alcoholism) had no depth to it. It didn't last long enough to have any impact on her family, work or other aspects of her life. All we really saw were a few incidents with her and Deacon or Quinn and the clumsy seduction attempt with Ridge. Then the giddy tipsiness at the wedding. For the most part she sat at home alone and drank vodka.

What would have been far more interesting would have delved into her relationships with Donna and Katie. She could have gone back to FC and used really poor judgment in business relationships; enough to the extent that Rick would take a detour from his revenge run and get involved.

There were a lot of wasted opportunities, but in the long run, this was just a plot device to kickstart a ToD of Ridge/Quinn/Brooke. Also, maybe the writers saw that KKL just didn't have the chops to make it happen and pulled the plug. I also picked up a subtle sense that she really wasn't getting into this turn of events for the character.

Well, thankfully we'll have Caroline back soon. Send Brooke to rehab.

• Love 10

So Rick and Caroline's divorce is final already? It was what 2 weeks ago that they signed the papers? That's the quickest divorce in soap history right?

It's not finalized for 6 months from the date of filing. The same as Liam had to wait for his divorce from Steffy. That will give Nicole enough time to mess up Rick's and Maya's relationship. Rick will than want Caroline back and she will tell him to rub her feet. Them Rick and Brooke will be ordering Vodka by the truck load.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

Decided to tune back in for today's episode and saw nothing that made me want to keep watching. I can't even be bothered finding CaRidge in bed (apparently this happened?).

I'm happy enough finding out what Maya's secret is from the recaps. Hearing her and Nicole talk about the Forrester Mansion as "their place" upsets me.

I miss you guys and I miss my Johnny.

• Love 9

Brooke is not an alcoholic, although she was heading in that direction, so maybe she is doing herself a favor with this early intervention. It is also a plot contrivance to give her and Deacon a bond that Quinn is not part of. I am a bit confused with what is going on with Deacon and Brooke; it does almost seem like they are teaming them up as pals and not lovers. But I don't think Quinn will except any type of involvement, and will see this as a ploy by Brooke to interfere with her and Deacon's relationship. And I hate it. Bradley took a hiatus from geometric elements over the last few months; of course there was R/C/R/M, but there was so much more going on with the power struggle at FC's and Caroline and Ridge steaming the joint up by not giving in, that it didn't really seem like your traditional soap quad. I don't like anything about this SL. If they had handled it correctly, it could have been explosive, and life changing for the Brooke character, but it is nothing more than a ruse to start yet another triangle. 

I appreciate Ivy's efforts for the cause, but giving a bully flack only makes them stronger. Their goal is to upset you and make you do things you wouldn't do normally; they want to see your reaction and your anger. That is what gives them the power. No, the best defense against a bully is to just smile and carry on. Caroline did it, and Rick instantly picked up on the fact that Caroline was throwing tough darts of derision in his direction. And Rick wasn't happy about it and asked her why she was acting different. The FC's staff should just agree with every stupid thing Rick comes up with, and at the end of the day the proof will be in the pudding of FC's failure. 

I'm not sure if Nicole was trying to boogie down or was just keeping the beat, but she looked darn cute doing it. Girl has got a rocking bod, and a really cute face to match. I get this feeling that Maya wasn't there for Nicole, not that she betrayed her, but that she turned her back on her. 

Why is it every time Rick and Maya are going to have sex they have to have the house completely vacant? And why does Maya announce it to everyone? 

I want Floaty Darla Head to waft over to Rick and Maya in bed, and commence to pitch Ally's shoe line, stressing how important it is to keep the floating heads of dead parents happy. 

• Love 7
Why is it every time Rick and Maya are going to have sex they have to have the house completely vacant? And why does Maya announce it to everyone?

It's weird and disturbing. I'll be so glad when these two part ways forever. There's so much about them that is not fun to watch.

What is fun to watch is SK as an earnest Deacon. He's really bringing it. He's the reason I'm watching right now and enduring the cbs website in order to do so. BTW, thank you's to everyone posting the deleted and extra scenes here. It is usually impossible for me to watch them on the cbs site.

• Love 10

Snaporaz quote

You were pretty darned close! But Deacon can't tell Quinn about Brooke being at the meeting, right? Isn't that the "Anonymous" part of AA? So he'll have to keep it a secret from Quinn, but she will find out somehow and go ballistic and the rest as you stated.

Anonymity is important for many AA members, but a participant is not imprisoned to one meeting location. Deacon could easily go elsewhere and not put his relationship with Quinn in jeopardy.

You could see Brooke's greedy little wheels turning while Deacon was speaking to the group about Quinn and his decision to maintain his sobriety. She already has an anvil ready to launch at DeaQuinn, though she would never admit it. The second anvil at the AA meeting was Deacon volunteering to be Brooke's quasi-AA sponsor and she would be his; a disturbing and false interpretation of the AA process -- If anyone should know how bad an suggestion that is it would be Deacon (Brooke is operating as a naïve in AA fundamentals).

I hate this show.

• Love 6

Because that's where Rick invited her to live for now. Why should she have to leave the premises every time Maya snaps her fingers? This SL better pick up some speed, and fast. Nicole needs to spill the secret already.

But Rick invited Nicole to live with them because of her connection to Maya.  If I was a guest in someone's house and they asked me to leave for a couple of hours, then I'd leave for a couple of hours.  But that's not really what I was picking up on. "Rick likes me.  Maybe Rick wants me to be a part of your celebration."  Nicole's talking like Rick would have invited her to stay there if he just saw her on the street one day.  Like, regardless of his relationship with Maya, she has a right to be there.  Like I said before, it's tricky talking about "rights" and homes, but as it stands, Eric told Rick that he could make the main house his home.  Rick wants his girlfriend to live with him.  Because he thinks it will be good for his girlfriend in the long run, he extended an invitation for her sister to stay with them as long as she needed.  At no point has Rick shown any interest in her outside of being Maya's sister.

• Love 1

Congratulations, Eric Forrester! You have achieved a feat rarely accomplished by soap characters. You have reached Nick Newman Levels of Stupidity! Please take this golden bag of hammers as a constant reminder of how very dumb you are.

If one could fit a black hole inside a black hole inside another black hole, it would still not approach the dense, light-sucking void inside Eric's skull. If a unit of dumb could be expressed as a single strand of hair, Eric would look like Sasquatch. Thirsty for some idiot juice? Just squeeze Eric over an empty glass. He was once bested in a game of Go Fish by one of Pam's lemon bars. He is...The Dumbest Man in the World!

Boy, Nicole went from zero to brat pretty swiftly.

Make a toast to your dim-witted father, Rick; if it wasn't for him the employees probably would have defenestrated you by now.

• Love 16

Brooke became an alcoholic last week, right? This is the big & never before story never told by Brad Bell for Brooke? I guess if Brooke can't have a man she has to become a drunk? This is so lame!

This is what irritates me about many substance abuse stories on TV in general. Very few people will get addicted to a substance on the first try (including heroine and other hard drugs), and they don't go from zero to sixty over one event. The monkeys with typewriters had Taylor do the same thing over idiot Ridge ten years ago with an equal amount of depth...and there was more potential to explore as her father Jack was an alcoholic as well. But noooooo, she just has a not-hookup with Nick and mows over Darla with no consequences.

• Love 2
I guess what bugs me is that with this storyline is that Brooke's drinking problem (I hesitate to call it alcoholism) had no depth to it.

What kills me is that it didn't have to be so shallow.  Brooke came home from Milan unexpectedly, right?  Wouldn't it have been better if Brooke was asked to leave FI because of her drinking, and after that humiliation she went into a spiral.

It's hard to believe that Brooke's body could've developed a dependency on alcohol after drinking for 3 weeks.  I use three weeks because Brooke came back approx 6 weeks ago (our time), and a day (LA time) usually lasts 2.5 episodes.

• Love 4

I don't think Brooke considers herself to be an alcoholic but is seeking help before she gets there. And as someone else said, it's a contrivance to get her and Deacon in a storyline without Quinn. 

NinjaPenguins: thanks for this--Congratulations, Eric Forrester! You have achieved a feat rarely accomplished by soap characters. You have reached Nick Newman Levels of Stupidity!

This show really is sucking a lot lately. Maya is an idiot. I hope she's collecting a very generous salary that she's saving while she lives off of Rick, because I predict that he and Caroline may eventually end up back together. Ridge and Caroline are sweet for now and she's getting that love affair with an older, wiser man that I recommend for everyone, but I don't think it's built to last. I just hope that it ends as sweetly as it began.

And why do the writers try to make us think that house has only few couple of bedrooms that are all next to each other so poor Ally has to move into the maid's room and everyone has to leave the house so Maya and Rick can fuck in peace. The Forresters had five children and I am confident they weren't sharing rooms. 

Ridge should move in just to annoy Rick and no one can say a fucking word, including Eric, because that was also his mother's house.

This show sucks.

• Love 6

Eric is an old fool and the word of an old fool is worth less than nothing because his speech thst this is a family business first has now become profit first than family. The look around the room was that anything they would say would just be beating a dead horse. Eric saying he wasn't the lovable person when he took over FC is laughable. What makes him think he's lovable now after siding with Rick. It's not being lovable, it's showing pity for a man that is on the verge of loosing his mind.

I don't understand Maya wanting everyone out of the house because she hasn't been ashamed about calling Ally to the bedroom, after sex, to serve them ice cream. Is she planing to have sex in every room? I think Rick is a one and done kind of guy. Now I'm convinced that Rick and Maya are cut from the same cloth and deserve each other. Family means dick squat to them in a selfish type of way. Maya could have asked Nicole not to be at the house but she demanded it. The same as Rick making demands on Ally and Ivy. They should talk to them and not talk down to them.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7

Maybe Maya wants everyone gone so Rick won't call them into the bedroom. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick made all three "guests" stand around the bed fanning him and Maya while they do it.

They've already built up Maya's secret so much that it has to be a letdown when we do find out.

• Love 5

Their depiction of "alcoholism" is something only seen on tv.  What a disservice to all involved.

The whole depiction of that AA meeting seemed completely unrealistic to me. I went to a meeting once to support a friend who was reaching a milestone in their sobriety and it was nothing like this. People arrived on time. They didn't crash. There weren't 2 people sitting at the "head table" like it was some kind of weird wedding, directing traffic and encouraging newcomers to tell their story. I found it so uncomfortable to watch and disrespectful to those who use these programs to aid in their recovery.

• Love 3

The whole depiction of that AA meeting seemed completely unrealistic to me. I went to a meeting once to support a friend who was reaching a milestone in their sobriety and it was nothing like this. People arrived on time. They didn't crash. There weren't 2 people sitting at the "head table" like it was some kind of weird wedding, directing traffic and encouraging newcomers to tell their story. I found it so uncomfortable to watch and disrespectful to those who use these programs to aid in their recovery.

Your absolutly correct about the AA meeting being unrealistic. First of all the person giving testimony (personal story) usually stands in front of room and talks to their faces not the backs of their heads. Only one person, who runs the meeting, is at the front of the room. If its a smaller meeting, the participants will sit in a circle. Facing the participant is important because it represents facing your problem. My experience is the NY metropolitan area. They may do things a lot different in LA.

• Love 3

I think that Pam has her own place. Somewhere in a lemon grove.

I'm sure I'm in the majority, but I can't stand Maya's sister. Believe me. I'm no fan of Maya, but I wanted for her to slap the shit out of that mouthy brat.

I did a quick check and there are LOTS of AA meetings in West Hollywood. But in Bell-Air, like available men, there are probably only 2-3 meetings to choose from. That was one uncomfortable looking AA meeting.

I love the way that karma unintentionally ends up being served in some of these newer episodes:

• Love 4

I don't feel bad for Macy. Like most women that Brooke has "stolen" men from, their relationships were halfway between the shitter and the sewege plant when she came along. In Macy's case, she and Thorne were separated over another woman (Claudia, I think--I couldn't find much on her, except that she was working illegally at FC). I thought Brooke was too pushy the night of the accident, but she, Macy, went ahead with that rebound marriage. Just like idiot Hope.

Her role in that control of FC is no less spiteful than Rick N. Sane's reign of terror except for the degree imo.

• Love 2

I always feel like I need to apologise for Eric's rampant stupidity, and then I remember that he is not actually my husband.

No lie, I was getting ready to put out an APB for you.

Oh kia112, you are too sweet. 

Thirsty for some idiot juice? Just squeeze Eric over an empty glass. 

My brain went elsewhere with this and now I need a turpentine bath.

Maya only mentions Ivy and Aly, but doesn't Pam live in the house, too?

Pam lives with Charlie at wherever he lives. When Stephanie passed away she was living in the FM looking after Eric, until he kicked her out so he could grieve properly.

I never thought I would witness Eric being a condescending, hypocritical asshole about someone's relationship, but there it is.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 9

It really is a testament to Eric's bad parenting, that his children feel it is all or nothing in order to feel accepted and loved by him. Why wouldn't a simple "I love you Rick, and have nothing but confidence in you" have been enough? No, Rick had to have an ironclad deal, giving him complete autonomy over Forrester, with the added bonus of Eric turning his back on Ridge. And Eric did it. All of it. He did it with gusto, nearly gleefully throwing every trifling thing Ridge has ever done back in his face. Do I have a problem with Ridge being called on his crap? Absolutely not, but don't stand in your son's face and start talking smack and throwing shade on stuff that happened five, ten, or twenty years ago, because it should have been dealt with when it happened. Oh, but wait! Eric was too busy enabling said son to bring him to task when the shit actually went down. This same competition existed between Thorne and Ridge, but Thorne is not Rick, who was also molly coddled by his parents, and feels even more entitled than Ridge if that is possible. Now, after years of Eric telling Ridge that blood doesn't matter, that he loves him like a son all the same, it appears that may not be the case. 

I am also baffled by the changing culture at FC's. Eric is still blustering about it being all about family, but then in the next sentence goes on about how he will overlook anything if he keeps seeing profits like this. And all this focus on a husband and wife team leading the company? Really Eric? Ok, so for a few years in the beginning it was you and Stephanie, but then it was Brooke, and let us not forget the advent of Sheila, who played a big part in FC's for many years. So shut it already with all this talk about how you and Stephanie made this company and blah, blah, blah. And aren't you the fucking one who always told Stephanie to stay out of their kid's business? So what is up with trying to gift the CEO spot to Ridge if he will reconcile with Brooke? Then it was all about Rick and Caroline. Now it is all about Rick and Maya. Is it because Eric has always been a horny toad, and equates success with good sex? And by all that is holy, I could so sweetly, and resoundingly, smack this nonsense about "the CEO gets all the credit" crap, right out of Eric's mouth. As a designer, Eric knows better. Then again, Eric has always been a few ounces short of a pound, so maybe he doesn't get that the best CEO in the world ain't nothing without product to market. I don't understand why they are trying to destroy Ridge and Eric's relationship, but I know it sucks that it is happening because Rick needed his nappy changed and is still breast feeding. 

Viewer - "I'll take Checkered Pasts for $600"

Alex T. - "Checkered Pasts for $600; ah, that is the Daily Double"

Viewer - "I'll wager it all Alex"

Alex T. - "Very well then, and here is the answer "Maya has a secret"

Viewer - "I'm too tired of hearing about it to friggin care?"

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13