Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

It's sad and pathetic how grateful I was for just a few minutes of Caroline time.

I was happy to see her too. I actually liked her scenes and wanted more. Too bad she doesn't have a storyline.

Thirded. Linsey Godfrey seems like one of those actors who have potential to do great things with decent material but for some reason doesn't get much. Admittedly I wasn't watching when Caroline 2.0 first came on the scene, so I missed the Thomaroline thing and also her balcony fall (push? I've read conflicting recounts) so I could be wrong about LG, but I hope I'm not. It's a shame we may not see much of her in the future with her baby on the way and hopefully motherhood doesn't end her career. I really liked Caroline when she was trolling Maya - B&B could do with some more comedy every now and then. 

anyone who knows about Ally's condition would probably think she was having an episode.

So are we as the audience to assume that Aly has bipolar disorder, given her sudden and extreme shifts in attitudes and behaviours? I noticed one character yesterday made the joking suggestion that she had taken her medication. 

If he isn't on the up and up, he better watch his p's and q's, because I think Eric and Thorne would unleash the hounds of hell on him if he is playing with Ally.

I hope you're right about the hounds, RuntheTable (or the bees? or the hounds with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees at you?) - remember that time when the Forrester men collectively laid into Deacon in the FM courtyard? When was the last time we really had any Fists of Fury on this show? I think we're due.

there is a long standing casting call for a "European" model type. Could this be the casting for the new bedroom line model? Brooke was saying she wasn't sure about any of the choices, so maybe they will bring someone new on the scene. But for Liam or Wyatt?

I hope it's for

Liam - there's nothing wrong with Scott Clifton and to have his storyline consist of his character constantly harassing Hope is a waste. If the model is an absolute knockout - looks, attitude, etc - and she's paired with him, not only will it allow Liam to grow as a character outside of Hope's orbit, but if Hope's still hung up on Liam it'd certainly grind her gears to see him move on.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 2

Again, another FC management meeting...this time about the Bedroom line. Hope, Carter, Maya, Quinn, Wyatt, and Oliver are there but Ridge is not. Doesn't make sense.

I meant to comment on this; you are 100% correct that it makes no sense. I don't understand why Maya, Quinn, Wyatt and Oliver are at FC's board meetings. The Fuller's are providing jewelry for one line; unless I missed something and they are now the exclusive jewelers for FC's, Maya is a model and Oliver a photographer. Oh, how I miss the days when that conference table was surrounded by Forrester's and Logan's; Eric, Ridge, Stephanie, Brooke, Rick, Thorne, Felicia; those meetings made sense. This stuff we get today? Not so much. Just seems like plot driven drivel most of the time.

Maybe he needs to spend more time in LA. Ridge being on the show every few weeks isn't working, IMO.

Co-signing this. It is bad enough that the character has be rewritten into someone long time viewers don't recognize, but couple that with his sporadic appearances, and this recast is simply falling flat.

So are we as the audience to assume that Aly has bipolar disorder, given her sudden and extreme shifts in attitudes and behaviours? I noticed one character yesterday made the joking suggestion that she had taken her medication.

I am not qutie sure what we are to make of it St3phForrester, but it is damn annoying that no one has been willing to address or explain it. Just as annoying as never hearing what Ridge's big, life altering event was while in Paris,  and that piece of information is giving me cause for concern. What I fear will happen is Ridge will spill the beans on this down the road when Brooke is heavily involved with Bill, and she will be torn up for Ridge and go running to him as support. Historically, that is what the character has always done when Ridge has faced any type of dilemma or adversity. What better way to reunite Bridge? GAK!

• Love 2
I am not qutie sure what we are to make of it St3phForrester, but it is damn annoying that no one has been willing to address or explain it.

It may be an unpopular opinion but I don't mind that Aly's "illness" isn't clearly defined.  If it was clearly defined,  then the writers would be bound by the symptoms of that particular disorder.  Then the story would become about the disorder and not the characters, like an afterschool special or All My Children at its worst.  Keeping it vague keeps things open.  I'm old enough to remember when not everyone was diagnosed with an official disorder, some people just "marched to a different drummer" or were "off" or "one maraca short of a mariachi band".

• Love 3
If it was clearly defined,  then the writers would be bound by the symptoms of that particular disorder.  Then the story would become about the disorder and not the characters... Keeping it vague keeps things open.

Good point, Ms Sugarbaker. I'm only as old as the show so I've grown up with the assumption that everyone on this planet has at least one diagnosis from the DSM-IV - not taking anything away from anyone who has, of course, but just saying. 

It doesn't help matters when the only psychiatrist in town is a complete quack (which reminds me of something Quinn said the other day, along the lines of "I'd ask a psychiatrist but I don't know any!!" Made me laugh).

• Love 2

Re Caroline:

also her balcony fall (push? I've read conflicting recounts)

YMMV but IMO it was clearly a fall. She and Bill were arguing. She was wearing sky high heels as usual, and had put her huge purse down near her feet, at the base of the balcony railing. Bill was angry, went to walk away from her, she reached out to take his arm, he shook her off, and she lost her balance,  tripped over the purse, and went over. Bill had a drink in his hand at the time so everyone was all OMG Bill the ALCOHOLIC with bad judgment PUSHED HER! But from my view, that's not what happened.  Bill was being an asshole (what else is new?) but he was not a drunk evil niece-pusher! She fell. Accident.

When was the last time we really had any Fists of Fury on this show? I think we're due.

Ridge hasn't punched or otherwise physically assaulted, pushed, or intimidated anyone in the 5 months he's been back! that has to be a record.

Again, another FC management meeting...this time about the Bedroom line. Hope, Carter, Maya, Quinn, Wyatt, and Oliver are there but Ridge is not. Doesn't make sense.

Rick mentioned that Ridge was too busy to attend, or some such BS....but wasn't Ridge traditionally the designer for the Bedroom line? So you would think the designer would be integral to the selection of the line's signature model? Is Caroline the Bedroom line designer now? and yeah, why were Maya, Wyatt, and Quinn there at all? aren't they exclusively HFTF? As is HOPE? So odd.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

Re Caroline:

YMMV but IMO it was clearly a fall. She and Bill were arguing. She was wearing sky high heels as usual, and had put her huge purse down near her feet, at the base of the balcony railing. Bill was angry, went to walk away from her, she reached out to take his arm, he shook her off, and she lost her balance,  tripped over the purse, and went over. Bill was had a drink in his hand at the time so everyone was all OMG Bill the ALCOHOLIC with bad judgment PUSHED HER! But from my view, that's not what happened.  Bill was being an asshole (what else is new?) but he was not a drunk evil niece-pusher! She fell. Accident.

That's how I remember it happening as well.  It kind of reminded me of the Stephanie-Jackie argument where Jackie tumbled over a bannister & onto the foyer.  Stephanie was accused of pushing her (and if I'm not mistaken I think Stephanie so much as said she did). The way the scene was played, though, it looked to me like Stephanie tried to nudge Jackie away from her & she accidentally fell, not that it was a malicious shove.

• Love 1

Oh, great!! So, Hope has decided to date Liam and Wyatt at the same time. I hate all of three of them now. Hope is now stringing along two brothers. Neither Liam nor Wyatt have the stones to say, " It's either him or me" and be willing to walk away if she chooses his brother.  I just can't with this story...

So, it seems like Taylor and Thorne took a break so that she could have an affair with his father, Eric.

Thorne and Taylor???!!!  lol

Ally is going to have to kill the both of them. 

Yes, I would like to see that on my screen.

Edited by ariesman3
  • Love 1

So, it seems like Taylor and Thorne took a break so that she could have an affair with his father, Eric.

Seriously. This is what, round #3 of a relationship attempt between Thorne and Taylor? I don't count the fake one before Thomas's birth. But...I don't want to hear ONE FREAKING WORD ever again about BROOKE sleeping her way through the family, when Taylor's done Ridge, Thorne, Eric, Ridge's half-brother Nick, Ridge's sort-of but non bio-brother Rick FORRESTER...

I don't know what Thorne is thinking though...he has to know that Aly hates Taylor still and will NOT be OK with this relationship (since she was invisible before, don't know what she thought about round #2 or if she even knew). Round #1 she broke up with the wedding dress massacre...

Sadly, looks like HTy has been hitting the collagen/lip fillers again; she looks worse than she did on her last appearance, only a month ago?

I figured out who the couple had to be before they showed us, because of the PARIS MUSIC! Cracks me up how they use that accordion or whatever it is to say "HEY! We're in PARIS NOW!"

I was actually glad that it was Hope at Liam's door; I was afraid it would be Quinn. Does it make me a bad person that I will be enjoying Wyatt's unhappiness with the change in the Hope/Liam/Wyatt dynamic?

Stephanie was accused of pushing her (and if I'm not mistaken I think Stephanie so much as said she did). The way the scene was played, though, it looked to me like Stephanie tried to nudge Jackie away from her & she accidentally fell, not that it was a malicious shove.

I saw it differently; while Stephanie likely did not mean for Jackie to fall over the railing and was horrified when she did, Stephanie purposefully shoved Jackie HARD and VIOLENTLY -- with both hands -- away from her, when they were standing on that gallery. IMO, Stephanie was guilty of something there...and her family agreed or they never would have given in to Nick's ultimatum. And to Donna, who was watching but couldn't hear the conversation, it completely looked like Stephanie pushed her on purpose.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 3

But...I don't want to hear ONE FREAKING WORD ever again about BROOKE sleeping her way through the family, when Taylor's done Ridge, Thorne, Eric, Ridge's half-brother Nick, Ridge's sort-of but non bio-brother Rick FORRESTER...

Oh but it gets better - Taylor has done a grandfather and grandson as well (Steven Logan and Rick).  And if we stick to the history of the show, regardless of whether the headwriter actually does, wasn't it stated that "Saint" Taylor also picked up men at bars and went home with them during her bouts of alcoholism.

• Love 2

Holy soap opera gods Batman, I think we are gearing up for a serious throwdown on B&B. Ms. F. is not going to be at all happy about her dad and "that woman". Nope. I don't think she will be receptive to that at all.

I don't know what Thorne is thinking though

Is he thinking? The man just flew back to LA because of his daughter's behavior; even though I wonder what that one hour visit actually accomplished, and a week later he is boinking the object of his daughter's distress? Speaking of which; I find it highly telling that all these years later, and after years of therapy, Ally is still this disturbed. I can understand her having a really bad taste in her mouth about Taylor, but that simmering hatred? Ally is in need of serious help.

Seriously. This is what, round #3 of a relationship attempt between Thorne and Taylor? I don't count the fake one before Thomas's birth. But...I don't want to hear ONE FREAKING WORD ever again about BROOKE sleeping her way through the family, when Taylor's done Ridge, Thorne, Eric, Ridge's half-brother Nick, Ridge's sort-of but non bio-brother Rick FORRESTER...

Thank you! I get so tired of the bad rap that is laid on Brooke; not that the actions of one detract from that of another, but Brooke has been falsely accused of so many things. Don't get me wrong; I like that Taylor has turned to the dark side, and has decided to own her inner bitch. It has served to make her a much more compelling character, but really, Taylor storms out of Eric's bedroom in her pajamas, and skeedadles over to Paris to get in bed with Eric's son?

Sadly, looks like HTy has been hitting the collagen/lip fillers again

Ha! Mr. RuntheTable cracked me up when he saw who it was by commenting, "good grief, she is going to need a crane to hold up that lower lip pretty soon."

I don't understand the point of H/L/W. I would like to see the whole friggin arrangement implode, and no one winds up with anyone. I don't mind dual dating, even between brothers, although I couldn't do it, I just don't think KM can pull it off. She is like a beautiful cardboard cutout; she doesn't connect on a sensual level for me. There is definetly more heat with Wyatt, but with Liam it is like a comfortable old pair of shoes. Maybe she just hasn't been paired with the right person; although I can't see any one currently on the show who could fill that spot.

• Love 2

As to Liam deciding he would date Hope along with Wyatt, why would he do that?  Wouldn't he try his chances of having her to himself before he starts offering something like that?   

Edited by Unwarranted
  • Love 1

I don't think they'd really kill off Thorne...or Taylor, would they? And they couldn't truly have Aly responsible, or they'd end up losing her as a character...

even though Aly's character development is all over the place (she seemed fine with Wyatt at Thanksgiving, right? then what, after the December pre-holiday non wedding to Liam...Wyatt is the devil?), I enjoy her...she hasn't done anything heinous YET and I like the actress's natural style and interesting mobile face; she's one of those who look very different from different angles. Again, like KM, great hair <shallow>.

I also admit I like Oliver calling Aly "Miss F" -- but I am getting such a 'not a total sleaze but Deacon-like' vibe... can't recall if Deacon had any pet name for Bridget...

Today it did seem like Maya was more concerned about Aly than she was ... somehow not content with Oliver not mooning over her. I wish they'd give Carter more to do as well. They're not married yet...

Didn't Aly ask Liam to have the Paris SP staff find out who Thorne was seeing?

Edited by annsterg

annsterg:

I was actually glad that it was Hope at Liam's door; I was afraid it would be Quinn. Does it make me a bad person that I will be enjoying Wyatt's unhappiness with the change in the Hope/Liam/Wyatt dynamic?

If it does, then I'm a bad person, too! Wyatt did nothing but mack on his brother's fiancée and diss him non-stock. It kills me how Quinn calls Liam whiny when it is her special little snowflake who always whines to Mommy. Oh, and he'll be howling to Moomy now! :-)

Well, sweet holy Yeezus.

But...I don't want to hear ONE FREAKING WORD ever again about BROOKE sleeping her way through the family, when Taylor's done Ridge, Thorne, Eric, Ridge's half-brother Nick, Ridge's sort-of but non bio-brother Rick FORRESTER...
Oh but it gets better - Taylor has done a grandfather and grandson as well (Steven Logan and Rick).

Wasn't she also involved with Storm at one point? I've read as much somewhere but don't know for sure if that's canon or just speculation.

And hey, at least Taylor doesn't have to move any of her stuff out of the Forrester Mansion. It's a win/win!

Didn't Aly ask Liam to have the Paris SP staff find out who Thorne was seeing?

Yeah, but when has Liam had the time to do anything remotely connected to doing his job in and around all that moping and interfering he's been doing lately?

As to Liam deciding he would date Hope along with Wyatt, why would he do that?  Wouldn't he try his chances of having her to himself before he starts offering something like that?  

I think Liam's had Hope to himself plenty already, through a gazillion engagements, at least one completed wedding, and a brief not-legal-in-the-US marriage.

I don't understand the point of H/L/W. I would like to see the whole friggin arrangement implode, and no one winds up with anyone.

Yep.

What I don't understand is why Hope would go along with the "you can't sleep with Wyatt" rule. Liam basically just told her she has to break up with Wyatt. Maybe Hope should stop playing games with these boys and letting them treat her like an object. (And I'm not Team Wyatt either. He knew she was on the rebound and he knew Liam would never be out of Hope's life. There's been a countdown clock running the whole time, I think.)

Taylor storms out of Eric's bedroom in her pajamas, and skeedadles over to Paris to get in bed with Eric's son?

So...she's been with Eric and his (fully biological -- as seems to matter intermittently to the characters as it suits the story) son within the same year...since the Party of Doom was end of June/beginning of July 2013?

Wasn't she also involved with Storm at one point? I've read as much somewhere but don't know for sure if that's canon or just speculation.

She was involved with Storm. First (chronologically) an off screen relationship that was revealed when Storm came back to town ...and the "Taylor accepts an engagement ring from Storm but is still totally in love with Ridge" commenced...I don't think they ever slept together during the onscreen stuff we saw, but it was never made explicit whether Storm and Taylor were lovers offscreen.

I find it amusing how the show continues to pretend like Rick/Taylor never happened...

I enjoy Liam/Hope/Wyatt just for the refreshing contrast -- 2 men fighting over 1 female who has inexplicable power over men -- with years of Brooke/Ridge/CarolineTaylorAshleyWhoever with 2 women fighting for decades over one sorry excuse for a man.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

Oh FFS...

I just read a spoiler that Ridge proposes to Katie and she accepts. So Ridge is engaged to Katie when he runs off to the Middle East to stop Brooke and Bill from getting married???

I can't even...

Despite all of the dropped hints, I didn't see the rekindled Taylorne relationship coming, either.  Probably because my brain was numb from Liam's boring dinner.  I like Hope.  I like Liam.  I hate Hope and Liam.  Why does Liam get to dictate the terms of this arrangement that he's demanding?  What bullshit.  I hope Wyatt refuses and dumps Hope just as Steffy returns to LA...

• Love 4

I hope Wyatt refuses and dumps Hope just as Steffy returns to LA...

Hahaha that would be great. I loved one of Liam's terms being that Hope can't sleep with them & she asked Liam if he was really ok with that.  I'd love it if he once again took his frustrations to that video of Steffy writhing around in her undies.

I like Hope.  I like Liam.  I hate Hope and Liam.

True. I cant stand whats going on between  them now. Its just too juvenile, and too silly!! I think the girl playing Hope is pretty, but seductive? NOT.  In fact, this Hope/Liam/Wyatt trio just suck the life out of this show.

Edited by godfreydaniels

I'm unclear on what Hope was actually saying to Wyatt. Was she telling him that she would understand if he was not good with the arrangement, and if so, that meant she would be with Liam exclusively? Or was she saying that she would call it off? When you think about it, Liam has already won. He convinced Hope to dual date him and Wyatt, something she wouldn't have considered if she was "with" Liam. Liam also gets to dictate the terms of the arrangement. For some reason, that doesn't seem fair to me. I don't think I like this SL. Hope is a person, not a prize. What is going to be the deciding factor? Who is a better romancer? Cook? Suprise planner? Hope Worshiper?

I have squicky, bad feelings about Oliver. Why does he want to keep his relationship with Ally secret? I don't see this going anywhere good.

Hunter Tylo's lips.....My God......she was struggling to talk under the sheer weight of them. And her eyes looked funny too. She looks more like a puffer fish than ever. And back to the short hair again. Looks very similar to when she came back from the dead the second time.

• Love 2

So why does Liam get to be in charge?  Because if she WERE pregnant, he would be her preference as a partner?  Well, girl, have you ever heard of reliable birth control?  Gee.  And so neither of them will get to Square One anyhow.  At least, that's how I understand the "plan."    

Also, I object to the phrase, "You were ALMOST pregnant."

Was she telling him that she would understand if he was not good with the arrangement, and if so, that meant she would be with Liam exclusively?

That's the way I interpreted it. Which means she's really just stringing Wyatt along. IMO, he should have told her he wasn't going to get played like that and don't come back crying to him when Liam breaks her heart again.

"You were ALMOST pregnant."

IKR? Either she was or she wasn't, there's no "almost". I guess every time Hope's period is late that means she's almost pregnant? Liam must have gone to one of those schools with the "abstinence only" curriculum because the boy is clueless about basic human sexuality.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

I'm unclear on what Hope was actually saying to Wyatt.

Hmmm...can't imagine why!  She said to Wyatt, "I don't like this, either."  Then why did you agree to it?  I wish Wyatt would have told her to go pound salt.  She's not really worth it.

I can't tell whether Oliver is sincere, either.  His eyes shifted just as Aly told him how honest his eyes were!  If he is playing her, Miss F will F his shit up!

• Love 2

So today's show just had a whole bunch of people sucking face? I'd like my half hour back please, CBS.

I wish Wyatt would have told her to go pound salt.

Seriously. Hope saying to Wyatt that the pregnancy scare made her think of Liam and their plans for their future together should have been a huge red flag for him (among all the other red flags being flown around with this storyline of late). Hope just can't get Liam out of her system, no matter how hard Wyatt tries to win her over. Doesn't he realise that Liam will always be there in their relationship regardless of whether or not they date exclusively or share the love around? And who wants that for themselves? Polyamory only works when all participants are in agreement and are complicit with the arrangement; no one in this setup is either of those things. I didn't have any vested interest in this triangle in the beginning, and I absolutely do not care for it now. 

You know what Bold needs now? A murder mystery. Or a kidnapping. Or both! Preferably something that unites all the families into one story, but at present there's no common denominator. As much as I can't stand Hunter Tylo, I'm hopeful she & Ashlyn Pearce can deliver something at least half interesting with Taylor & Aly that will drag the show out of this perpetual love-triangle black hole.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 3

yea, and why doesn't Hope use some reliable birth control......I can see this all play out as her having one last night with Wyatt - a goodbye lovemaking session. Hope runs off to be with only Liam and they go from there. then she does get preggers and then Wyatt keeps thinking it could be his baby even tho Hope didn't tell Liam they broke the agreement and had sex "one last time"....Tylo Hunter's lips are humongous. I remember her awhile back with her huge lips, huge boobs and shrunken clothing.

she bout made me sick. I guess they had to bring her back,  but I rather not see her.....I just want Hope and Liam to get together and cocky Mr. Popular left out in the cold as Ally would say.   and that Bill  seems to get better with age, when he takes off his shirt!  whew!

So...Taylor or Thorne's place in Paris is literally in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower? Nice.

I have run out of words to describe my continuing horror and dismay at HTy's face.

I don't like Wyatt but...tough for him having to accept the new world order from the princess. So...he's the "Fun Guy" while Liam is the "Forever Guy" -- pretty insulting.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 2

Sweet Lord above or below, did $Bill really wake Brooke up with a recording of a horse whinny?  Did that really happen?  Held down just below his buckle?  Was that a hint of some kind? I was repulsed and oddly fascinated by that.

And Quinn needs to maybe join a book club or something.  Bill's right...Wyatt will be FINE.  Unless he's had some love related mental breakdown in his past and that's why his Momma is all up in his business.  Maybe she's not the craziest one in that family!  I could get behind that, Wyatt being a Norman Bates type simmering psychopath.  Makes sense with how quickly he became OBSESSED with all things Hope.  PS that "arrangement" that Liam proposed, and laid down ALL the rules for...how did Hope not laugh right in his face?  Let me get this straight, for every minute I spend with him, I have to spend a minute with you.  And no sex. And the whole time I am with one, I have to hear one of you bitch about the other? Sounds fantastic, sign me up!  Would Liam have agreed to that arrangement if it had been proposed by Wyatt?

Sounds like Montage -a-palooza is gonna be starting soon.

• Love 3

Pretty boring the last few days...they better get something going for May sweeps.

But it better NOT be a repeat of "Hope is just about to commit to Liam and Quinn does something to blow that up and turn her back towards Wyatt." AND NOOOOOO to the Montage-a-palooza!!

Hope Bill has words with Brooke's housekeeper to keep that crazy bitch out in future...Quinn is so much like Stephanie, it's kind of alarming.

And... Brooke just keeps moving those VERY IMPORTANT SECRET papers from purse to purse? Does she want Bill to find them and remove the decision from being her own?

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 6

I came here to post my own thoughts, but serisously, you guys........

I have run out of words to describe my continuing horror and dismay at HTy's face.

My standard response going forward

So...he's the "Fun Guy" while Liam is the "Forever Guy" -- pretty insulting.

Perfect summation

Sweet Lord above or below, did $Bill really wake Brooke up with a recording of a horse whinny?  Did that really happen?  Held down just below his buckle?  Was that a hint of some kind? I was repulsed and oddly fascinated by that.

Oh, I love it. All couples need that special little "thing" that is only between them. I don't mind hearing the whinny if I don't have to hear "Logan" for awhile.

Let me get this straight, for every minute I spend with him, I have to spend a minute with you.  And no sex. And the whole time I am with one, I have to hear one of you bitch about the other? Sounds fantastic, sign me up!

Well, when you put it like that.........

And don't forget, this "arrangement" is going to allow Hope to get her head together. Clear her divergent thoughts. Show her a clear path to her future. And it isn't going to take long. She should use her mother's situation as a measuring stick; thirty years later and Ridge still hasn't made a decision.

Hope Bill has words with Brooke's housekeeper to keep that crazy bitch out in future...Quinn is so much like Stephanie, it's kind of alarming.

A lot of characters are vying to carry Stephanie's mantle; Quinn, Katie, Ridge, and Taylor (or at least she was), and to some extent Brooke. Personally, I can't decide who is the best fit. What struck me today was Bill telling Quinn to back off, that Wyatt could run his own life, he was a big boy. I know Bill is saying he is a changed man, but really? I don't think he is in any position to lecture anyone about staying out of your grown son's business.

And... Brooke just keeps moving those VERY IMPORTANT SECRET papers from purse to purse? Does she want Bill to find them and remove the decision from being her own?

This crossed my mind too, but I don't think so. Which leads me to:

Pretty boring the last few days...they better get something going for May sweeps.

Spoilers say,

That Bill takes Brooke away to Abu Dhabi for a romantic wedding, and that Ridge follows them under the guise of protecting RJ. Also, that Katie can't wait to tell Brooke that Ridge and her are engaged. It also appears that Katie is going to go into full on bitch mode, with continuing accusations that Brooke is trying to undermine her and Ridge's relationship. They also say she puts pressure on Bill about Will, although I don't know what that means. Katie's actions are what is going to push Brooke to give Bill those papers.

And we all know that Katie likes to talk about actions having consequences.

• Love 1

For the life of me, I don't understand why Hope feels she needs to make a decision about the rest of her life. This has been my problem with the Lope relationship. It's always MARRIAGE OR BUST.  

It would make since that Taylor and Thorne found themselves both single in Paris and decided to have some sort of FWB relationship. But since this is B&B, we have to believe that the fourth time is the charm. I really want Aly to kill both of them but that won't happen either.

• Love 1
Montage-a-palooza

You know, I was thinking today while watching the flashbacks (someone here once called them "flashbacks to yesterday" which I find appropriate, particularly lately) - there's just about an entire opening credits cast who could be having screen time here, peddling some kind of alternative storyline however banal or outrageous, but instead we're subjected to the same footage time and again to remind us of what we already know. I mean I understand why TPTB want to use the location shoot stuff over and over (Italy, Aspen, Monaco, etc) because that's expensive to film and they want to get their money's worth, but it's become totally oversaturated and they're losing their value. Less is more, right? This too-tight focus on Hope & her brother-husbands has the effect of stalling everything else; it's hard not to imagine everyone at FC sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for Hope to make her decision so that they can go back to sewing dresses or attempting coups or whatever it is they do there. Back in the good old days there were three parallel stories in each episode - whatever happened to that format?

Anyway, no point whinging. Nice to see Brooke & Bill today, even if it was only for five seconds. Happened to notice today that Brooke's papers of DOOM were copy/pasted from various legal precedents with names replaced, if anyone else here is into that kind of thing. Also enjoyed Don Diamont & Rena Sofer's scene towards the end despite not caring for the subject matter, I really like those two acting together. 

I really want Aly to kill both of them but that won't happen either.

I'd love for Aly to kill Taylor. That reads horribly, but it would make for a fantastic storyline.

• Love 4

So...Taylor or Thorne's place in Paris is literally in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower? Nice.

It looked like it was close enough to tie a clothesline from their balcony to the Eiffel Tower.

• Love 1
I really want Aly to kill both of them but that won't happen either.

I'd love for Aly to kill Taylor. That reads horribly, but it would make for a fantastic storyline.

It doesn't read horribly, Taylor is a horrible fictional character, if she were your next door neighbor, then it would read horribly.  I know a revenge murder is out of the question (I'm still hoping!), but a patented Aly Forrester backhand would be greatly appreciated.

• Love 1

I can't believe that Bill, who is supposed to be SMART, and was badly burned by Steffy's blackmail in the past, would allow Quinn to blackmail him. He was all ready to call her bluff a couple weeks ago but now is not willing to risk her talking?

For HTy's face, we can just use shorthand: WORDS.

Does Medusa know anything except the details of her son's love life? She whined to Wyass about Liam working at SP and being Bill's "right hand man." Huh? Liam works for Katie now, and she promoted him based on merit. Ironically, Medusa thinks their business relationship with FC hinges on her son's relationship with Princess Hope. BTW, I wanted Bob Barker to come in and punch Medusa and Wyass when they disparaged Liam's interest in animal rights.

• Love 2

Even though I hate him...it is ridiculous that Ridge is missing in action for this long...it's been a good 2 weeks or more since he's been on.

Wyatt got a haircut! But showing up to harangue Liam was a bad move; shows how the situation is getting to him...his confidence is shaken.

Should have known Quinn would take a picture for evidence...she was planning this all along. I know it's classic soap but I so don't want her winning this one; I want Bill to tell Brooke NOW.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

I am bored to tears by the show lately.  My total enjoyment lately has been in reading about everyone else's disgust here on this board.

Oh, and this is the perfect name for a punk band.

Hope & her brother-husbands

• Love 2

First show I've enjoyed in over a week. I am going to start in the shallow part of the pool and say that everyone looked smashing today. Brooke looked completely put together for the first time in weeks, her outfit was smokin, her makeup looked better, great earrings, and her hair looked healthier. I also love what Hope has been wearing; I am partial to pastels, and that little jacket thing she is wearing is beautiful. Quinn looks so much better in pants/slacks, and I love the blouse and necklace she has been sporting. Caroline looked really good; loved the hairstyle and the red. 

I have been involved in animal welfare/rescue for over forty years, so I cannot express strongly enough my glee with today's message. It was a nice touch having Bob Barker on, although he looked so bad. I agree they should have done something with his hair, but he is really showing his age. I love BB, and it makes my heart hurt.

I don't have a problem with anything Quinn said to Bill, my problem is with her methods and motives. I understand a mother wanting her son to have an equal share, but she is acting like Bill has known about Wyatt for years, or like he has refused to do something for Wyatt. I question though, how much is it about Wyatt's future and not Quinn's. Everytime they are discussing Hope, I notice that Quinn tells Wyatt that the future of their company is at stake. That shouldn't come into play here at all. If you can't keep your gig on your talents, then maybe you should find a different gig. I too am annoyed about the damn picture; Bill should just tell Brooke. For goodness sakes, they were not together, and I think Brooke would understand. If Ridge had really been Ridge, she would have been in bed with him in a hot minute. I just don't think she would have had a problem with it. NOW however, after they have allowed Brooke to wax on to Bill about her being the only one? NOW, it is going to look really bad. It pisses me off that Quinn has this power over Bill.

I am still on the fence about Oliver, but I do feel a little better after today's show.

• Love 4

I have been involved in animal welfare/rescue for over forty years, so I cannot express strongly enough my glee with today's message.

Awwww that's so wonderful! :)

I can't believe that Bill, who is supposed to be SMART, and was badly burned by Steffy's blackmail in the past, would allow Quinn to blackmail him. He was all ready to call her bluff a couple weeks ago but now is not willing to risk her talking?

I don't understand soap characters getting blackmailed.  All they need to do is say "so & so is going to tell you I (fill in the blank) unless I (fill in the blank)." But oh no, that would be a LIE to imply that they didn't do whatever they were accused of doing!!!  And we all know that when it comes to soap life, you could beat up puppies, cheat on your spouse, commit mass murder, etc, and NONE of those things are as bad as lying about them!

• Love 2

I don't really understand why Bill is dragging his feet, though.  What Quinn is asking of him isn't unreasonable, and if giving Wyatt the precious Spencer name will shut her up, then just do it.  He is his son, after all.

I volunteer at a shelter, too, and was really happy with Bob Barker's PSA, especially as Kitten Season begins.  I'm looking forward to the tour of the shelter tomorrow!

• Love 3