Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

A little slice of humanity from Quinn today; I hope we see more of that because I really like Rena Sofer. I think she is fabulous; talented and beautiful, and I am afraid that if they keep her completely off the rails that she will disappear like most soap villians.

Poor Donna, perpetually stuck in the middle. I have never been a big fan of Jennifer Gareis, I couldn't stand her as Grace on Y&R, but I think she has come into her own as Donna, and has molded the character to fit her style. I often find myself feeling sorry for her, and wish Eric would make her happy. Donna's reactions showed that she saw the truth in Brooke's words. She looked genuinely surprised and a little taken aback. It was kind of priceless though, when Donna caught Katie in her lie, but that is all it takes with Katie. Just get her a little rattled and she starts getting agitated, and starts talking loud and over everyone, lets her rampant emotions take over, and BOOM, she trips herself up. She was instantly incensed that Donna didn't agree with her about Brooke, and let loose with one of her smartass remarks, "why don't we just start making a list about who is angrier?". Donna didn't miss a beat when she came back with "your angry, I thought you had Ridge and were happy?"

I feel like I have been watching a different show as I listen to Katie blather; just one blatent lie after the other. I could not believe my ears today when Katie was going on about how "everytime Brooke and I are together I think things are going to be different, that Brooke is going to want to try to work this out". Whaaaa? Katie has been cantering all over LA badmouthing Brooke to anyone who will listen. She has barged into Brooke's bedroom and harassed her, has charged into Eric's office to tell him how to run his company, and has flat out lied to both Karen and Donna. Katie has been on the attack for weeks, and has said unforgivable things to Brooke. All these accusations Katie is spewing sound and feel like sour grapes to me, and they seem driven by insecurity and jealousy since none of this stuff has surfaced before. Katie should consider herself lucky that she has never had to deal with Brooke's charm, and the magic it has over men. I think if Katie had handled herself differently she wouldn't have to start dealing with it at present. Unfortunately for her though, I think Brooke is gonna bring it now.

I remain convinced that something is going on with the Brooke character. There is definetly something different about her, very subtle, but still noticable. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

• Love 4

As a long time viewer, it was so nice to see two original cast members have lunch.  They both look great.

KKL and Joanna Johnson look so much alike. After 25 years, their resemblances to one another never fail to startle me.

I just wanted to punch Quinn today. She was all over Liam for pulling the kind of stunt she has pulled over and over to help her baby boy. Liam has shown a lot of control when it comes to Chicken Head. I wish he would post the video of Wyatt pocketing the diamond online. That would be quite a scoop for SP! Anyway, Liam tried to be civil with Chicken Head at first, but all Wyatt could do was diss him and start macking on his fiancée (while she giggled and simpered).

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 1

what bugs so much about Katie: it's the constant, non-stop use of sarcasm, accompanied by that tight, fake smile as she delivers the lines. HATE IT.

Hilarious.. that is what I love about Katie.. she looks like she smells shit when she looks at her nasty sister and who can blame her. HT is awesome.

Yep, that's Bill in a nutshell. Don't get me wrong--I think Don Diamont is GREAT in that role, but his role is being Chief A-hole on the show, and he plays it to a T. He is totally the playground bully all grown up, bullying and blustering his way all over town. That's why I love him with Quinn--she chains him to beds and kicks his egotistical ass around

You have described Bill perfectly. He is a massive Bully and he really is way better suited  for Quinn. Brooke is such a dirt bag.

• Love 1

...but it did seem like there is still a lot of unfinished business there between them. I feel like Hope is kind of using Wyatt still...she has feelings for him but he's not THE guy and she knows it

I saw the same thing. No way is Hope over Liam, I see Wyatt as a filler, she is using him,

• Love 2

I love Quinn!  She lights up every scene she's in, unlike the dark storm cloud that forms over my tv every time that Sad Sack Eeyore Katie is on the screen. (That's unfair, because I like Eeyore.)

Yes, she mistakenly makes assumptions about people based on her observations, and she quickly finds out she's wrong.  She underestimated Donna, Pam, Ally, and Liam.  She foolishly thought Brooke, of all people, couldn't satisfy Bill sexually!  And she hardly ever gets what she wants.  She didn't want Wyatt to know Bill was his father, she didn't want the truth about Wyatt's involvement in the robbery to come to light, she didn't get Eric, she didn't get Bill.  Yet she always accepts how things shake out and quickly adapts.  

As far as comparisons to Stephanie go, again, yes, she interferes in her son's life against his wishes.  But it's always to advance what Wyatt wants, while Stephanie interfered in Ridge's life to get what she wanted and to advance her own agenda.  Initially, Quinn didn't want Wyatt to have a relationship with Bill or Hope.  But once she saw that he wanted that, she abandoned her own feelings and supported her son.  She may be overprotective, but I don't think she smothers like Stephanie did.  Wyatt is independent and knows what he wants.  Ridge, not so much.

I hope Quinn stays around for a long time.  Isn't Deacon supposed to be coming back?  They would be amazing together.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1

While I don't like Quinn (and I'm not so sure I'm supposed to), that is very true about comparing her to Stephanie. Yes Stephanie always favored Ridge and did things for his sake, but your right, it was for his sake in order to further what she wanted.

• Love 1

But...Wyatt explicitly asked Quinn to stay out of it, when she drove him to Liam's to retrieve Hope and the truck.

She didn't. Because SHE thought SHE knew best how to handle the situation, and it wasn't the way Wyatt wanted it. Wyatt is an ADULT and is mentally competent. His mommy may not agree with his decisions but she should respect them.

That's what I can't stand, about her, about Stephanie, and -- the reason I took one of my long breaks from this show -- about Ridge (this was when Steffy was involved with Rick. Steffy was an adult, and sane. Rick was an adult and sane. But Bully Ridge and Helicopter Mom Taylor and Crazy-ass Thomas didn't want her with Terrible Awful Rick and thought they knew better than Steffy, so they showed up at Rick's and forcibly KIDNAPPED a sane adult who was not behaving the way THEY WANTED HER TO...and as an added bonus, Thomas sucker-punched Rick.). I stopped watching that day; it was the straw that broke my camel's back for quite a while.

• Love 2

Ugh. You know I love me some Brooke and she's my favorite but...

I was disappointed to see that she kept those papers, and is maybe going to use them. Yeah, I know it's good soapy shenanigans but keeping the papers shows a level of calculation that has never been typical of Brooke, and I'm not happy about it. It's not that I won't enjoy seeing Katie take a fall but this is yet another betrayal by Brooke and ...I don't like it.

And why the hell can't Bill start another business of his own? he has tons of money, connections, and talent. Why is he sitting around on his butt for a year, pining for what's gone, instead of acting like the dynamic business man he's supposed to be?

And...could Justin be any more of an asshole? Who talks to their boss that way? or a friend? Katie should fire him...it's not like he's shown to have any special skills that are critical to SP, and hungry lawyers are thick on the ground these days.

Oh, let me guess...Oliver will fall in love for real with Aly and then that recording will come into play and wreck everything. Pretty sneaky, Maya. Is it just concern or is she a little jealous that Oliver is no longer mooning over HER? Guess it gives her something to do though.

YAY to seeing the Forrester pool again but...it's not the same one from back in the day, right? that one was smaller, IIRC...probably a set vs location shoot.

Edited by annsterg

I was disappointed to see that she kept those papers, and is maybe going to use them. Yeah, I know it's good soapy shenanigans but keeping the papers shows a level of calculation that has never been typical of Brooke, and I'm not happy about it. It's not that I won't enjoy seeing Katie take a fall but this is yet another betrayal by Brooke and ...I don't like it.

Brooke is my girl too annsterg, and I won't deny that I felt this way for a long time, but I don't anymore. In my eyes, the writers have done a good job creating a complex situation, starting with Ridge turning away from Brooke, which has set the tone of the SL. Ridge and Katie have both behaved abominably towards not only Brooke, but their families at large. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I don't think giving Bill the papers is wrong. If I believed for one minute that Brooke was acting out of spite, that would be different, but I know the Brooke character, and she is not spiteful or malicious. If she does give Bill the papers, which I am not sure she will, because spoilers say,

That Katie ups the ante by telling Bill he can no longer see Will and that Brooke struggles to make a decision.

, but ultimately, I think we know where this is going, I will be ok with it. You bet I will love to see Katie hit the ground, but it is more than that. On the whole it is the right thing to do, unfortunately, it was achieved in the most vile way, but Bill deserves to see his son and Katie is destroying SP's. I think that is what bothers me the most. Katie is playing with all their employee's livelihoods and their security. I may be a little overly sensitive about it because I have lost two positions through takeovers, and I know how it feels. I do believe Brooke giving Bill those papers will be a death knell for her and Katie's relationship. And I have no doubt Katie will feel even more superior. So be it. That's what happens when the little kids want to play with the big kids.

What is going on with Oliver? Is he bad or is he good? I wasn't watching when he was first introduced, but the character has grown on me, and I will be disappointed if they turn him into a creep. I think a A/O romance could be cute and kind of refreshing. Who knows, it could go a long way into helping Ally.

Oh, let me guess...Oliver will fall in love for real with Aly and then that recording will come into play and wreck everything. Pretty sneaky, Maya. Is it just concern or is she a little jealous that Oliver is no longer mooning over HER? Guess it gives her something to do though.

Bingo! No doubt Ally will get her hands on Maya's phone somehow, maybe she will pick it up accidentally, or maybe Maya will unthinkingly (or on purpose) ask Ally to get the phone or see if there are messages or something. Or, maybe Maya will realize that she really does like Oliver, and will corner him, and Ally will come along and see/hear them. I can see her taking Maya's phone to see if they are texting or calling each other. It will happen one way or the other, because that is pure soap gold.  

I hope that the current storyline involving Maya/Oliver/Aly will lead into something interesting for Carter. The attorney/minister/actor/Ridge's-yes-man has yet to have an interesting storyline despite having at least 4 jobs. Lawrence Saint-Victor is a good actor who is HOTNESS personified. He also seems to have chemistry with a lot of the ladies. The fact that the B&B female characters are not ripping his clothes off on a regular basis is a tragedy for viewers. Instead, he is involved with Maya who is inexplicably just not that into him.

A half-hour show can only focus on a few characters and characters like Brooke and "central character" Hope must get screen time. But, I'd rather not see characters at all than wonder "Why the hell is he in this scene?" 

BTW, the Rick/Maya romance had some interest and Lindsay Godfrey was really catching fire as the wacky/horny/shallow/scheming odd-woman out, Caroline. But, the swift breakup and subsequent pairings of Rick/Caroline and Carter/Maya have been kind of boring. In fact, the way that B&B has abruptly ended all of its interracial relationships, Rick/Maya, Marcus/Steffy, Justin/Donna, and Thomas/Daisy would lead one to believe that Bradley Bell was afraid of fully committing to those stories. But, in a world where Scandal is can't-miss-TV, I don't know why he is afraid.

• Love 3

Yeah, I know it's good soapy shenanigans but keeping the papers shows a level of calculation that has never been typical of Brooke, and I'm not happy about it. It's not that I won't enjoy seeing Katie take a fall but this is yet another betrayal by Brooke and

I was always on the fence about Brooke.. didn't love her or hate her.. but when she bedded Bill I really started to not like her.. and now this.. this is vile and to do this to your little sister is really disgusting to me.. soapy.. but makes Brooke look really bad.

And why the hell can't Bill start another business of his own? he has tons of money, connections, and talent. Why is he sitting around on his butt for a year, pining for what's gone, instead of acting like the dynamic business man he's supposed to be?

And...could Justin be any more of an asshole? Who talks to their boss that way? or a friend? Katie should fire him

Ever since Bill has been sniffing around Brooke he has become a weak sniveling bore. He used to be so sexy and dynamic.  Justin should have been kicked to the curb eons ago.

True, who knew that "perfect" Maya cared so much about Ally? I think she is just being vindictive.

What a jealous wench she turned out to be.. I think this is cuz Oliver got over her real quick. Maya needs to go.

BTW, the Rick/Maya romance had some interest and Lindsay Godfrey was really catching fire as the wacky/horny/shallow/scheming odd-woman out, Caroline. But, the swift breakup and subsequent pairings of Rick/Caroline and Carter/Maya have been kind of boring.

I agree so much.. this story had so much potential, but became a big boor real quick.

• Love 2

Is casting news still considered a non-spoiler as it was on TWOP? I'm spoiler-tagging it just in case:

I'm really looking forward to Deacon's return, presumably on a regular basis since Sean Kanan was offered a contract by Brad Bell. I think this is the right time to reintroduce his son (known for the first years of his life as Eric Forrester III, when he was being raised by Ric and Amber). Little Eric was a few years older than Hope, although they could retcon that; I feel Ric having an adult son might make for interesting drama with his new wife Caroline, as well as the Forresters at large.

I'm sorry about what is being done to Oliver; it's not that the story is totally implausible but it has come out of the left field. If they had spent a bit more time developing this angle in the lead-up to the story it would have been more easily accepted and entertaining. The scruff is working wonders to make the once-sweet Ollie look more predatory, but I fear it might be his exit story. There was a time when they were building him up to be a young male lead, but that went down the drain once his romance with Hope tanked, his family was written out and Bill's sons were introduced.

I personally was a fan of Zack Conroy and feel he's been criminally underused, but I guess that could be said for many others in the cast. The whole show seems to revolve around the two triangles where all the players are from the same two families (the Logans and Spencers) and consist of siblings fighting over their mutual love interest. I know they say history repeats itself but to have the same story with the genders swapped playing out in parallel is overboard.

Speaking of overboard, I still wish they'd had Ridge fall overboard while on his last honeymoon cruise with Brooke. TK is simply not working. I cringe every time I see him trying to be Ridge. Possibly the worst recast in the history of soaps. Just awful.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 4

Speaking of overboard, I still wish they'd had Ridge fall overboard while on his last honeymoon cruise with Brooke. TK is simply not working. I cringe every time I see him trying to be Ridge. Possibly the worst recast in the history of soaps. Just awful.

ITA. I don't know WTF the writers are waiting for, in terms of creating scenes and dialogue that can/will make TK finally portray the essential "Ridge-ness" of Ridge. Is it that TK is unwilling or unable to play that? or is it the writers aren't writing NuRidge that way? I keep hearing about what a great actor TK is but I am not seeing it onscreen -- why, is the question? It's known that I despise Ridge the character, but even I have to admit that Ridge was a vital, charismatic character for many years, with a commanding physical presence and -- despite RM's limitations as an actor -- a great ability to create a romantic vibe, that drove the central stories of B&B. What the heck has happened here? I also admit that I often have trouble accepting recasts but...I don't think this is MY problem with this particular situation. The guy has been back on the canvas for 5 months now, and TK is giving me NOTHING. His performance is flat and practically opaque. His physical presence -- just the weird way he MOVES, that odd, almost Groucho-Marx crouched way he walks quickly into a room -- is strange; so different from the physical grace that has been a Ridge character trait. His face is practically immobile and doesn't give the non-verbal cues so necessary in this medium. Again -- writing? actor decisions? directing? limited availability of the actor making continuity a problem? Who knows? But as far as I am concerned, TK and NuRidge are HUGE DUDS; the only "success" in the recast is confirming Ridge = asshole. But we already knew that, even with him gone. It would have been so much better to kill off Ridge and cast TK as a new designer, without any of the burden of carrying the Ridge-ness...which he/TIIC are failing at, epically.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 6

Is it that TK is unwilling or unable to play that? or is it the writers aren't writing NuRidge that way? I keep hearing about what a great actor TK is but I am not seeing it onscreen

I agree. I think TK is probably a good actor as a different character, but he's not anything like Ridge. He might have filled that role better had Ridge not been such a veteran character. As I see it,  RM glides when he comes into a room, and  has a more feminine side to him or Metro as they call it nowadays. TK is very Alpha Male and masculine, thus a totally different Ridge.

• Love 1

It doesn't help that Bradley hasn't written any scenes for Ridge that do not have to do with Brooke and/or Katie.  Before he waltzed into Eric's office and demanded to be made "king" when was the last time Ridge and Eric had a scene?  Where are the scenes with Thorne or Felicia (both of whom could come back for a couple of days).  Where are the scenes talking about Stephanie or his other children?  What about a scene with Liam for gosh sake?  Wyatt? Quinn? Pam? Donna?

KKL nailed her scenes talking to Stephanie's portrait and I'm sure TK could do the same (minus the flasbacks obviously).  The show was so determined to get to the "rivalary" between Brooke/Bill and Katie/Ridge that they missed several steps to help make this Ridge seem like the same character just with some rougher edges now.

And if TK is only available for certain days, then use that time to "show not tell". 

Another thing which is missing is the simmering feelings that RM, even with his limited ability, was able to show when it came to Brooke.  Only Brooke can get under Ridge's skin and shake him up and TK isn't playing it or it isn't being written.  Even when he was happy with Taylor and his family, there were several times, that Ridge and Brooke scenes just cracked with energy even when they were talking about mundane things. Ridge's sense of humor is also missing. 

I really need to see these things and soon, or TK will be a failure as a recast for me.

• Love 6
In fact, the way that B&B has abruptly ended all of its interracial relationships, Rick/Maya, Marcus/Steffy, Justin/Donna, and Thomas/Daisy would lead one to believe that Bradley Bell was afraid of fully committing to those stories. But, in a world where Scandal is can't-miss-TV, I don't know why he is afraid.

I don't think he's afraid, he's painfully aware that 2 of his African-American actors (Carter and Maya) are as charismatic as two blocks of wood.

• Love 1

After today's show, I'm not quite sure how I feel about Hope.  I'm not sure if I feel like good for her for realizing she's not ready for a commitment at her age, or if I feel like she's a gigantic hypocrite who's stringing 2 guys along because she loves them mooning all over her.  Overall a very dull Monday in my opinion.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

It looks like Hope will be having the waffles.  I don't get it...you're having a great time, yet you're feeling nostalgia for the guy who always had you looking over your shoulder.  Mmmkay...  And Liam, have some self-respect, please.  I never understand why these people are hung up on people who are hung up on other people.

I usually hate the musical montages, but today's underwater scene was kinda cute!  I really hope Carter's lame-ass justification for Oliver's recorded comments is valid.

I don't think he's afraid, he's painfully aware that 2 of his African-American actors (Carter and Maya) are as charismatic as two blocks of wood.

I don't think that they lack charisma as much as they lack storyline and definition as characters...in their scenes today, they were talking about other characters. It is hard to root for them as a couple, when he is her second choice, when they had an insa-engagement, and when, now, she seems to be much too intrigued by Oliver. As individual characters, it's hard to draw a bead on them. Maya started out as a somewhat-psycho character looking for her child to a wannabe  actress/spokesmodel in love with Rick, a basically good character with a toughness and spunk that made her a character worth rooting for. Now, the edge is gone, her role at Forrester is sketchy (she's a model who attends management meetings)  and because she is stringing along the nice guy Carter, the has lost the rooting factor. Carter, is an attorney/minister/actor/model, adoptive brother of the now-absent Marcus. Despite being really, really good looking, the women of B&B world, don't seem to be attracted to him. The two actors were a very popular couple during the last days of Guiding Light but it's seldom does that rare alchemy transfer to new characters on another show. 

After today's show, I'm not quite sure how I feel about Hope.  I'm not sure if I feel like good for her for realizing she's not ready for a commitment at her age, or if I feel like she's a gigantic hypocrite who's stringing 2 guys along because she loves them mooning all over her. 

You know, I was very surprised the first time that Liam proposed to Hope on B&B. Hope seemed to be content at the time to have a boyfriend and romance but waiting to have sex.  It seemed like Liam proposed so that he could go all-the-way with Hope. Apart from Liam's waffling between Steffy and Hope and Bill's interference, the other problem in the LOPE relationship was the difference in their ages and life experience. Liam really is ready to settle down and have a wife and kids. Actually, the age and experience difference is an issue in the HOTT relationship too. For Wyatt, Hope is The One. He too wants her to be his wife and mother of his kids one day. But, he is willing to wait for Hope to be on the same page-unlike Liam, who wants to marry Hope NOW.  Hope is enjoying being young, beautiful, and carefree- just as a woman her age should be. In the real world, women AND men her age are learning who they are and figuring out what whey want through trial and error. There really is no reason she should commit to a LTR with Liam or Wyatt right now other than the fact that everyone on this show gets engaged waaaay to soon.

• Love 1

I wish Liam would tell the working class hero Quinn that he was not raised as a Spencer. He was raised by a single mother, too. Or have the writers forgotten this. I also wish for once that someone would catch Quinn eavesdropping.

• Love 3

Man, this show-day is going on forever! By Brooke's white outfit, it's still the same day Katie harassed Eric, had the SP board meeting, snarked with Justin, Karen met Brooke for lunch and shot her down...this day has taken more than a full week of show episodes already...and it's not over yet!

Had to love Hope yesterday shutting the door to the office, but leaving it ajar just a crack so Quinn could eavesdrop. Funny how she heard HOPE saying what Liam has been saying all along: that when it comes to long term relationship, marriage, and family -- Hope thinks of Liam, NOT Wyatt.

I also wish for once that someone would catch Quinn eavesdropping.

Someone POWERFUL, not just Pam, Charlie, Aly, or Liam.

Weird comment from Hope today about Brooke dating 2 brothers, Ridge and Thorne...it didn't really apply to the situation, because unless I am totally blanking, Brooke never "dated" Ridge and Thorne AT THE SAME TIME.

And...another Hope question: I wasn't watching for most of Hope/Liam and Hope/Liam/Steffy but...has Hope EVER planned a special romantic outing or event for either Liam or Wyatt? Because it seems to me that they both have done so for HER, multiple times, and she just sits back and lets them; I don't see her putting anywhere near the effort in that the guys do.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 2

Weird comment from Hope today about Brooke dating 2 brothers, Ridge and Thorne...it didn't really apply to the situation, because unless I am totally blanking, Brooke never "dated" Ridge and Thorne AT THE SAME TIME.

That was just bad writing. Brooke has never dated two brothers at  one time in the way that Liam proposed that Hope do.  She did bounce back and forth between Ridge and Nick for a while but never at the same time. She never vacillated between Ridge and Thorne.

Wasn't Hope dating both Liam and Wyatt prior to Liam's last marriage ultimatum?

Wasn't Hope dating both Liam and Wyatt prior to Liam's last marriage ultimatum?

At that point she wasn't sleeping with both of them though, was she? When Ally gets wind of Hope seeing two guys at the same time, she's going to go supernova and probably liken it to Hope having a threeway.

As much as I hate to see Oliver trying seduce a naive, virginal, and emotionally fragile girl, he has definitely had a calming influence on Ally. Maybe he should get extra pay to serve as her "handler" (or to be more blunt, her gigolo). Then Hope can be free to audition Liam and Wyatt simultaneously for the future position of husband, co-parent, and lover without Ally going apeshite.

Meanwhile, does Liam actually have a job? It seems like he spends most of his time roaming the halls of FC trying to interfere in Hope's life. And I just love the way Hope, Liam, and Wyatt can take off at any time to fly to Hawaii or Aspen, or take an impromptu road trip up the California coast. Who does their work when they just up and disappear to deal with their ever-so-important romantic problems?

• Love 2

Meanwhile, does Liam actually have a job? It seems like he spends most of his time roaming the halls of FC trying to interfere in Hope's life. And I just love the way Hope, Liam, and Wyatt can take off at any time to fly to Hawaii or Aspen, or take an impromptu road trip up the California coast. Who does their work when they just up and disappear to deal with their ever-so-important romantic problems?

True...but it's true of ALL soap characters. Shoot, we haven't seen Ridge at all, much less working at FC, in almost 2 weeks now and he somehow thought he should be made president? Brooke allegedly had some role at FC (before her recent return and co-VP role) but wasn't there for most of the last year, since her (miscarried) pregnancy ended her modeling for the re-launched Bedroom line....but she went to Monaco to represent FC? Katie is CEO of SP... but has been doing a lot of "working from home" that seemed to be code for "staying in bed with Ridge" and "barreling around town bitching about Brooke." Aly is sure not at work; she's hanging out by the pool. Some days it seems like the only person working is Pam.

• Love 3

I have been struggling through this weeks episodes, but it has been a let down after last weeks fireworks. I think the only thing that has made this week enjoyable at all was getting to see Joy the puppy!

It seems the pregnancy scare was written in for no other reason than to scare/remind Hope that she could lose Liam forever. And I just don't get it. What is wrong with casual dating? Why does it always have to be a hot and heavy relationship or marriage? I get that there are only 2 available men in Hope's age range in LA, and that having the 3 of them embroiled in romance could be cumbersome, but it could also be entertaining. And that ante would really be upped if Quinn is thrown in the mix. In any event, I would be very concerned if I were Wyatt. Hope was not at all happy at the thought of being pregnant; was that due to Wyatt being the father, or due to her not being ready? Then telling Wyatt she needed "alone time" with Liam? WTH? That is one time I must agree with and say Quinn was right.

I don't know what to make of Oliver and Ally. On the face of it, I think they make a really cute couple. If you dig in a little though, you start seeing the cracks. Oliver has no idea about Ally's "issues", and I am not convinced that Oliver is on the up and up. I keep thinking back to him  kissing Maya, and all this new, angst filled talk in regards to not being a Forrester. Was the kiss to set up conflict between Maya and Carter? Or, was Oliver really attracted to Maya? It was so out of left field and random, I feel it must have been an anvil that missed.

Of these two SLs, I am really only intriqued by Ally/Oliver. There is potential for good soapy fun with these two, and I think Ashlyn Pearce is doing a great job with the Ally character. I look forward to,

Taylor's return. I read that when she and Ally meet face to face that serious fireworks ensue. Also, I read that Eric tells Taylor to stay away from Ally, but Taylor does not listen. And, that the only person glad to see Taylor is Ridge. The creep might have a hard time decided which haloed one he really wants.

Taylor did -- IIRC -- lose her license for a time and have to do community service.

The reasons the penalty was not more severe were 1) that the fact that she had been drinking wasn't truly a factor. If you are able to find and watch it, it's pretty ambiguous as to whether ANY driver -- sober or drunk or Mario Andretti himself -- would have been able to stop in time. It was foggy, and Darla literally FELL right into the roadway in front of the oncoming car; 2) the grieving husband, Thorne, spoke and pleaded for leniency. Regardless, Taylor WAS responsible for Darla's death, whether it was an accident or caused by her impaired driving...she was responsible.

What Taylor really got hammered for (heh) was the aftermath -- hiding (with Hector's collusion) she'd been drunk, lying, covering up, deceiving Thorne and everyone else, forcing Phoebe to lie and causing her to have a near mental breakdown, and making the family vulnerable to creepy Shane the maybe blackmailer.

What Taylor really got hammered for (heh) was the aftermath -- hiding (with Hector's collusion) she'd been drunk, lying, covering up, deceiving Thorne and everyone else, forcing Phoebe to lie and causing her to have a near mental breakdown, and making the family vulnerable to creepy Shane the maybe blackmailer.

One of the lamest SLs in soapdom history! I wasn't angry at Taylor for killing Darla, that was an accident pure and simple, but I began to seriously detest her for what she put Phoebe through. That, and the way Taylor hung on Hector's every word as if he was the only voice of reason, and knew what was best for her and Phoebe. For someone who is supposed to be so smart, and this remarkable Dr., Taylor sure missed that Hector was working his own agenda. And the fire? Oh, just deliver me. The best thing about the fire was Stephanie, and all the fallout that came later.

Show a young girl some attention and see what happens. Apparently, Ally is all better now. I had barely recovered from the shock of her acknowledging her overboard behavior, when she hits me with "I think I could do it" in regards modeling for the bedroom line. That nearly made me pee my pants. And that is really all I can say about that.

Wyatt should be very, very concerned. It is so obvious that Hope is not ready to give Liam up. And part of me feels bad for him. I wonder why they are suddenly beating us over the head with Wyatt telling Mommy to but out? I also noticed that Quinn fessed up about her detour to Liam's. And this push to have Bill make Wyatt a Spencer? Something is afoot in Fuller land.

Brooke's hair looked fairly good today. I am ashamed to admit that I stare at it during her scenes because it just looks bad.

That spoiler, RuntheTable, about

"Eric tells Taylor to stay away from Ally, but Taylor does not listen" - do we expect any less??? Eric told Taylor not to go blabbering her mouth about Brooke & Bill and look what happened! Here's hoping for another Daytime Emmy-worthy meltdown.

Trying to find things to say about the last few episodes but all I can come up with is "underwhelmed", "lackluster", "when's May sweeps start?" because I'm totally bored. Well okay, I lie a little, Joy the Puppy was fun. I really don't care about the Hope/Liam/Wyatt brother-husbands thing and I care even less about the Aly & Oliver creepfest (I love a good inappropriately-aged couple story, but not like this); the Spencer Publications not-so-hostile takeover attempt with Karen had no momentum and fell flat; and Ridge Forrester, a frontline character who has the potential to wreak havoc wherever he goes, is missing in action. I realise TK has a tight filming schedule but Ridge really should've been at this bedroom line meeting today, such as it was - gotta disagree with my main man Eric on this one! You're in a soap opera, honey, and they feed off the tension! At least everyone's reactions to Aly's Bedroom today were worth the price of admission, especially Wyatt & Quinn's "Aly's gonna flip in 5, 4..." with DB & RS counting down together, and that collective "She said no oh thank God" sigh of relief at the end of the last scene. 

But otherwise, wake me up when something interesting happens. Actually, I've been spending the last few nights trawling through Youtube finding a whole heap of guest appearances by B&B actors (JMC mostly, of course) and I'd go so far as to say that's been a lot more fun than watching the show lately - I even found Susan Flannery's guest spot on The Green Hornet from 1967, and in not-too-bad definition either. The Internet never fails to surprise me. 

ETA: the other thing that bugs me about this show when they do the big FC meetings is the shots of people sitting on the other side of that big conference table, where Aly & Oliver were sitting today - I'm pretty sure in scenes past that's been a window and not a wall but that aside, the biggest thing that irritates me is that the directors abandon the 180 degree rule and it throws me out of the scene completely, I have no idea where characters are looking half the time. It's basic cinematography, guys! Get it right!

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 1

I loved the Aly/Ollie scenes today, how Aly quietly told Ollie the story of Taylor, Darla and Thorne.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is a set up for Hunter Tylo's return later in the month.

I love watching Ally.. she is great..I like her a little crazy and if Taylor comes back I think we are going to get a lot of crazy.

Hope was not at all happy at the thought of being pregnant; was that due to Wyatt being the father, or due to her not being ready?

I used to really like the Hope character but I hate this waffling flakey Hope. She was not happy at the thought of being pregnant with Wyatt and he should have seen that.. him being so smart and all.. I think it is gross when they have characters doing siblings but it will be the grossest ever, if she is doing them at the same time.. Would they really go there? 

• Love 1

Wyatt & Quinn's "Aly's gonna flip in 5, 4..." with DB & RS counting down together

That part really pissed me off. Somebody at Forrester needs to remind them who is working for whom & that such disrespect will not be tolerated. 

• Love 3

At least everyone's reactions to Aly's Bedroom today were worth the price of admission, especially Wyatt & Quinn's "Aly's gonna flip in 5, 4..." with DB & RS counting down together, and that collective "She said no oh thank God" sigh of relief at the end of the last scene. 

That was the funniest B&B scene in recent memory. Thomas should have been fired again for conceiving of such a dumbass idea. But, too bad there won't be an Aly's Bedroom set-complete with dollhouses and shrines to Hope.

Did anyone notice the Forrester Creations bottled water?

Brooke's hair looked fairly good today. I am ashamed to admit that I stare at it during her scenes because it just looks bad.

Yes, looks like KKL got a haircut. And., it looks good.

Edited by ariesman3
  • Love 1

That's the rub, such disrespect will be tolerated.  Quinn's eavesdropping, snide comments and general ridiculous demeanor and behavior is never challenged or checked.

Eric did put a stop to Wyatt's comments yesterday, pretty darn fast. Go Eric! But ITA on Quinn. I have been begging the soap gods that someone smacks her down but good...but they are deaf to my pleas, apparently. Quinn was in another snake pattern dress, too -- this time blue. So we've had black/white, red/black, and now blue/black. Did she get a deal on them in every color? the B&B costumers need to give that particular style a rest, FFS.

It's sad and pathetic how grateful I was for just a few minutes of Caroline time.

looks like KKL got a haircut. And., it looks good.

It's also styled/curled, instead of hanging there like straw.

I watched yesterday's bonus scene, which was Bill/Liam and (not sure if those scenes that are not part of the broadcast are considered spoilers but JIC:

Liam, I'm on your side generally....but you are such a two-face! Bill was talking about getting SP back and you were all rooting him on, saying couldn't happen soon enough, blah blah...when to KATIE, you are all Team Katie is the bestest CEO evah! Pfft to you!

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 3

It's sad and pathetic how grateful I was for just a few minutes of Caroline time.

I was happy to see her too. I actually liked her scenes and wanted more. Too bad she doesn't have a storyline.

Again, another FC management meeting...this time about the Bedroom line. Hope, Carter, Maya, Quinn, Wyatt, and Oliver are there but Ridge is not. Doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

Quinn was in another snake pattern dress

Those dresses, just like Rick's ring around the collar shirts, need to go away post haste. I don't find the style flattering on RS. Evil can be conveyed in other means of dress; personally, I think she has been rocking the black ensembles they have dressed her in recently.

No it isn't! I thought that interaction was totally sweet. I'm glad they chose Caroline to be Ally's confidante; anyone who knows about Ally's condition would probably think she was having an episode. I hope we see a lot more interaction between these two; B&B has rarely invested in female friendships, and it would give Caroline more screen time.

I want to believe Oliver in the worst way, but I keep seeing Deacon in my head. I also keep seeing that weird, one off with Maya, and they have been "grunging" him up a bit. If he isn't on the up and up, he better watch his p's and q's, because I think Eric and Thorne would unleash the hounds of hell on him if he is playing with Ally.

If that was Hope knocking on Liam's door today, and she agrees to date him and Wyatt at the same time, how long will it be before she is moving back in with Liam. Where else can this be going? If she chooses Wyatt, then who is Liam moving on with? Donna? Ally? Katie (because we all know where that shit is going)? Brooke? Pam? I keep seeing spoilers that say,

there is a long standing casting call for a "European" model type. Could this be the casting for the new bedroom line model? Brooke was saying she wasn't sure about any of the choices, so maybe they will bring someone new on the scene. But for Liam or Wyatt?

• Love 2