Type keyword(s) to search

Brooks Tells All

• Start Topic

I know nothing that happens on this show has anything to do with me but I can't help taking this Brooks nonsense to heart. I just found out that a friend's nine year old child is going to die of lymphoma. So I think the universe might forgive me when I say Brooks deserves nothing less than to come down with all the cancers he's pretended to have. To start with I hope his nose falls off and he gets two flat tires on the way to have it re-attached by Terry's friend. 

For the most part I ignore anything that happens in the Real Housewives world that doesn't make it into an episode. I don't really care what happens in their real lives when the cameras aren't rolling. I'm happy to just watch what the editors want me to see. This story has really struck a nerve with me though. I'm glad to see it go beyond the show because I feel like the show just left it hanging with a lot of unanswered questions. There's still a lot of unanswered questions but I'll happily watch Brooks dig himself deeper and deeper into his pile of lies. I wouldn't mind if he pulled Vicki in with him.

I am so sorry. Please know I am sending prayers and hugs to you and your friend/child/family.

• Love 16

I know nothing that happens on this show has anything to do with me but I can't help taking this Brooks nonsense to heart. I just found out that a friend's nine year old child is going to die of lymphoma. So I think the universe might forgive me when I say Brooks deserves nothing less than to come down with all the cancers he's pretended to have. To start with I hope his nose falls off and he gets two flat tires on the way to have it re-attached by Terry's friend.

For the most part I ignore anything that happens in the Real Housewives world that doesn't make it into an episode. I don't really care what happens in their real lives when the cameras aren't rolling. I'm happy to just watch what the editors want me to see. This story has really struck a nerve with me though. I'm glad to see it go beyond the show because I feel like the show just left it hanging with a lot of unanswered questions. There's still a lot of unanswered questions but I'll happily watch Brooks dig himself deeper and deeper into his pile of lies. I wouldn't mind if he pulled Vicki in with him.

So very sad to hear about your friend's child having lymphoma. Sending good thoughts your way. I think you're entitled to wish karma would hit Brooks right between the eyes. Maybe if he truly suffered the consequences of his scam he might understand how the topic of lying about cancer has effected so very many viewers.

I join in with all who have been personally touched by this deadly disease which has robbed so many of us from loved ones and friends. The unpleasantness of this season's RHOC theme is glaringly shameful, especially in light of those who profited from it.

Edited by talula
  • Love 11

I'm pretty certain that Brooks didn't apply for government disability as he certainly would not meet their criteria for being disabled but perhaps he has a private short term disability policy. A few weeks ago I would have said "he wouldn't be that stupid" but after the medical record debacle who knows what he is stupid enough to do.

Agree....and I would guess that any 'disability' that Brooks got came out of Vicki's wallet....

• Love 5

As long as Vicki remains on the show, there's a good chance we'll have to watch this jerk come breezing into yet another party or get together to regale the rest with stories of his challenging ongoing battle with or his complete victory over cancer. And that's something nobody in their right mind wants to see, especially after wasting 30 minutes watching him lamely try to convince the world that he has had and still has cancer but the "growths" in his abdomen have all disappeared. We also know that Vicki won't be able to transition down to a "friend" position; her ego and delusions of grandeur and martyrdom are so massive as to require that she dominate entire scenes ad infinitum. And where she goes, this perennial shuckster is bound to follow as soon he begins to miss her financial support and the Bravo limelight.

All this time I've been thinking I the OG of the OC Vicks couldn't possibly leave the show because she is the show - or was before this season.   But I hadn't thought about it from this angle and I think you are exactly right Should Be Working.  Even if there was  only a small chance (and I agree there is a good chance) of this happening I would quit the show altogether and I don't say that lightly since usually nothing stops me from watching crappy shows once I start.    As entertaining as I've found Vicks in the past nine out of ten years, there is absolutely no way I want to see Crooks the Cancer Faker on this show again.  

• Love 4

You know, I was thinking... This is complete speculation, at this point I don't believe Brooks has cancer in any way shape or form, but with cancer rates as high as they are and all the risk factors people have nowadays, I wouldn't be shocked if at some point he did actually develop cancer, I'm sure he would run to every news outlet with whatever proof and say "see I have cancer" and try to pass it off that he has always had it.

Personally I have lost both my mom and my dad in a little more than a year from each other due to cancer (my dad passed away December 27, 2013, from oral cancer, and my mom passed away February 8, 2015 from endometrial cancer) and I know Brooks lying really doesn't effect me at all, but all I can think about is how hard it was for both of my parents in the end and what we went through... And then this asshole is perfectly fine (other than the rocks in his head) and garnering sympathy for his imaginary illness.

• Love 7

Does anyone know what the ratings were for Andy's "Brooks Tells All" interview?  I tried to find them but couldn't.  I was curious to see how it did considering Brooks admission to faking the documents and City of Hope's statement that they never treated him.

The ratings were the worst by far of any ep this season.  Here is list of the ratings for this season-

http://bravowhore.com/post/121208284939/rhocs10

Actually, the ratings for Secrets Revealed, which followed the Crooks interview, were even worse.  Now, did ratings tank because of Crooks' admission, & viewers avoided this thing?  Or would the ratings have been this crappy anyway, cuz viewers just don't wanna see and/or aren't interested in watching anything only about Crooks?  Well, guess it doesn't matter because Satan Andy clearly figured wrong about viewers' interest in Crooks on his own.

• Love 5

The ratings were the worst by far of any ep this season. Here is list of the ratings for this season-

http://bravowhore.com/post/121208284939/rhocs10

Actually, the ratings for Secrets Revealed, which followed the Crooks interview, were even worse. Now, did ratings tank because of Crooks' admission, & viewers avoided this thing? Or would the ratings have been this crappy anyway, cuz viewers just don't wanna see and/or aren't interested in watching anything only about Crooks? Well, guess it doesn't matter because Satan Andy clearly figured wrong about viewers' interest in Crooks on his own.

Thanks for the ratings info ScoobieDoobs. No doubt the dip in ratings for the Brooks special and Secrets Revealed was due to Brooks' confession right before it aired and audience disgust with the OC. Their lower ratings brought season 10's average weekly viewers down to 1,767,958 while season 9's average weekly viewers were 1,752,381, not much lower. Andy and the cast have to be pretty unhappy about that. Luckily the lower ratings for the last two shows didn't cause the ratings to dip lower than last year. Edited by talula
  • Love 4

I watched this for the first time last night, and Brooks is so repulsive to me that I could hardly sit thru it. Knowing what I know now, he may be the biggest liar ever on Bravo. I don't know how he can have the guts to ever show his fugly face in public again, but he will, because his ego is just that huge. Shame on you, Andy C., for giving him the platform in which to tell those lies.

• Love 4

Or she could use what she knows to nail him for good. 

Can someone without a job get disability?   Forget the cancer, we all knew that was a lie, what about all this travel "for business" crap?  I get why Vicks wanted to pretend Brooks had a job but I wanted Andy  (or Tamra or anyone) would ask him about his so-called "work".  He's been on this show about four years and no one ever talks about it.  

You don't have to actively be working to get disability.  There are two kinds.  One you get if you haven't worked enough to put into the system and you're extremely low income.  The entire household income is taken into account. That's SSI and you get Medicaid.  With SSDI you have to have worked a certain amount and they pay you based on how much you've worked (this is from the social security witholdings that you see on your paystub) and after two years on that you get Medicare.  If you are older and retire you get Medicare faster.

• Love 4

I'm going to do one more post in this thread because it's important to put Brooks' cancer fakery in the proper context, to demonstrate how vulgar and despicable he (and probably Vicki) are for trying to perpetrate this ruse.

Those of us who are lucky might be spared any direct experience with cancer until we are well into middle age. But eventually, everyone is affected, either through the experience of cancer in a spouse, another family member, or oneself. Until that time, you can read books and watch movies about it, but you really don't have a clue just how signficantly it devastates and alters you and those those you love until it happens to one of you. Then you enter a large but almost hidden fraternity, and you never again view life with that earlier nonchalance or willful ignorance, or take it for granted again. It marks everyone it touches, even if the cancer victim survives it.

My first exposure to cancer occurred about four years ago, when my wife was initially diagnosed with grade 1 endometrial cancer. She was referred to an excellent gynecological oncologist surgeon with extensive experience performing robotic hysterectomies at a highly-rated nearby hospital. What followed were weeks of visits with my wife to his office and to CT scans, CA-125 antigen blood tests, and other pre-surgery lab work. She did her best to appear upbeat and confident while dealing with this diagnosis and continuing to work full time for a major accounting firm. The surgery went well, and her doctor initially stated it appeared to have been Stage 1 and fully removed. But subsequent path tests showed some infiltration of the lymph node channels (not the nodes themselves), so he recommended several long courses of chemotherapy. I went with her to every infusion session at the hospital, sat with her for four hours, holding her hand, and observing and getting to know the other patients receiving chemotherapy at that time. Some were teenagers, others in their 20s, 30s, into middle age, and some who were even older. Some looked relatively healthy, while others looked very sick. I remember going back to the car to retrieve some paperwork during one of her sessions and passing a very gaunt and pale looking woman in her twenties who was wearing a head scarf. I let my eyes pass over her ever so briefly and saw a young woman scared, depressed, alone, battling for her very life. There were the patients with Stage 3 and even Stage 4 cancers getting their chemo, and most of them were still friendly and willing to talk despite their precarious states. So utterly brave and strong.

After several months of chemotherapy, repeated CT scans showed no evidence of any cancer spread from the surgical site. Her CA-125 blood test, which she still takes every six months, continues to to register around 10, well below the 100 count measured right after her surgery. She lost her beautiful brown hair after three weeks of chemo, wore a scarf for several months, and it eventually came back a salt and pepper color. She is once again very focused on her job, traveling to company sites across the country every few weeks. And we do our best to enjoy and appreciate the time we have left together, whether that is 5, 10, or 30 years. But neither of us will ever be the same again. 

This is not a disease that anyone with a human conscience would pretend to have simply to create a compelling TV  story line, elicit sympathy, sell products, or any other conceivable reason. That goes for anyone who would conspire to support the ruse. The real victims deserve better than that.

Thank you so much for sharing. 

• Love 7
This is not a disease that anyone with a human conscience would pretend to have simply to create a compelling TV  story line, elicit sympathy, sell products, or any other conceivable reason. That goes for anyone who would conspire to support the ruse.

We can blame Brooks Ayers initially...but BRAVO and Andy Cohen are conspirators of the highest (crassest) order!

• Love 2

I'm so sorry to hear that. My daughter's life long best friend lost her son 3 weeks before his 2nd birthday. He would have started kindergarten this year. He was the happiest little blondie I've ever had the pleasure to know.

Brooks makes me sick to my stomach.

• Love 9

I knew he was definitely lying as soon as they showed the doctor Z saying about his tumor being about 14 centimeters and Brooks explaining that it was about golf ball size. I would love to know what kind of golf balls does he uses as 14 centimeters is about 5 and half inches...

• Love 4

A conversation that doesn't seem to have happened:

Very Senior Libel Lawyer:

- Welcome, Mr Ayers.  What can we do for you?

Crooks:

Well, I have cancer, and I'm on a tv show where all the other participants have questioned this on television.  It's not a live show so the producers could have edited all this stuff out.  Now I've been labelled a grifting liar in North America and the UK.  I would like to sue Bravo, Andy Cohen and all the other participants in the show for $$$$$$$$$$$$ because my reputation has been completely ruined.  By the way, here are my medical records and proof that I do, in fact, have cancer.  I haven't shown these on the show because privacy. But you, as my lawyer, must see them.

Very Senior Libel Lawyer:

In that case we will be pleased to take your case on a contingency basis.  We think these shows have gone too far and we believe that a judge may agree with us.

• Love 9

I'm just going to say one thing that seems so obvious. 

Over on RHOBH, Kim's ex-husband, Monty, has terminal cancer.  No one has doubted him - not for one moment.  No one has questioned why he is still out and about, months after he was supposed to die.  No one has asked to see his medical records.  No one has spent even one second wondering what treatments he is pursuing, is he doing chemo or not, etc.

Why?

Because it is evident to anyone with eyes that Monty has cancer.  

The end.

• Love 16

A conversation that doesn't seem to have happened:

Crooks:

By the way, here are my medical records and proof that I do, in fact, have cancer. 

Details, details!   

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 1

I told my friend "Some people on a message board that I don't really know and you REALLY don't know wish you well." and she said "Wait .... what?" and we had a good laugh over it. So in a way I guess as least Brooks brought us a giggle. (You guys helped too. Thank you.)

The fact that not a single person has come out to support Brooks' cancer story speaks volumes to me. If he had really been getting chemo or treatment somewhere then someone would have seen him and reported it to tabloids. Other than (sometimes) Vicki he can't get anyone to back him up.

• Love 6

I'm going to do one more post in this thread because it's important to put Brooks' cancer fakery in the proper context, to demonstrate how vulgar and despicable he (and probably Vicki) are for trying to perpetrate this ruse.

Those of us who are lucky might be spared any direct experience with cancer until we are well into middle age. But eventually, everyone is affected, either through the experience of cancer in a spouse, another family member, or oneself. Until that time, you can read books and watch movies about it, but you really don't have a clue just how signficantly it devastates and alters you and those those you love until it happens to one of you. Then you enter a large but almost hidden fraternity, and you never again view life with that earlier nonchalance or willful ignorance, or take it for granted again. It marks everyone it touches, even if the cancer victim survives it.

My first exposure to cancer occurred about four years ago, when my wife was initially diagnosed with grade 1 endometrial cancer. She was referred to an excellent gynecological oncologist surgeon with extensive experience performing robotic hysterectomies at a highly-rated nearby hospital. What followed were weeks of visits with my wife to his office and to CT scans, CA-125 antigen blood tests, and other pre-surgery lab work. She did her best to appear upbeat and confident while dealing with this diagnosis and continuing to work full time for a major accounting firm. The surgery went well, and her doctor initially stated it appeared to have been Stage 1 and fully removed. But subsequent path tests showed some infiltration of the lymph node channels (not the nodes themselves), so he recommended several long courses of chemotherapy. I went with her to every infusion session at the hospital, sat with her for four hours, holding her hand, and observing and getting to know the other patients receiving chemotherapy at that time. Some were teenagers, others in their 20s, 30s, into middle age, and some who were even older. Some looked relatively healthy, while others looked very sick. I remember going back to the car to retrieve some paperwork during one of her sessions and passing a very gaunt and pale looking woman in her twenties who was wearing a head scarf. I let my eyes pass over her ever so briefly and saw a young woman scared, depressed, alone, battling for her very life. There were the patients with Stage 3 and even Stage 4 cancers getting their chemo, and most of them were still friendly and willing to talk despite their precarious states. So utterly brave and strong.

After several months of chemotherapy, repeated CT scans showed no evidence of any cancer spread from the surgical site. Her CA-125 blood test, which she still takes every six months, continues to to register around 10, well below the 100 count measured right after her surgery. She lost her beautiful brown hair after three weeks of chemo, wore a scarf for several months, and it eventually came back a salt and pepper color. She is once again very focused on her job, traveling to company sites across the country every few weeks. And we do our best to enjoy and appreciate the time we have left together, whether that is 5, 10, or 30 years. But neither of us will ever be the same again.

This is not a disease that anyone with a human conscience would pretend to have simply to create a compelling TV story line, elicit sympathy, sell products, or any other conceivable reason. That goes for anyone who would conspire to support the ruse. The real victims deserve better than that.

Best wishes to you and your wife, I said it a little further up but my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrial cancer on January 1 of this year, unfortunately, she passed away 5 weeks later, she was too advanced for chemo by the time we found out. I would like to take a moment for an off topic public service announcement... About how important it is to continue with regular physicals/check ups throughout your life. Had my mom done that it is likely her cancer could have been treated in the earlier stages and she would still be here, instead I'm facing my first holiday season without her. We have no idea when she originally had cancer, but with a good portion of cancers, once you start having symptoms, it's too late.

• Love 6

Brooks is gross.  But I find it fascinating to watch someone like like that tell big fat lies.  Which has made me think of different types of famous liars.

We have Brooks, who was lying, and who had to have known he was lying because he manufactured evidence to support those lies.  I don't think he was under any sort of moral duty to offer evidence that he has cancer, but I do think he was under a moral duty not to manufacture evidence that said he had cancer. 

It reminds me of the joke where a man comes sneaking into the house just after sunrise, and his wife catches him.  He says, "I know what you're going to say, but I got home after you'd gone to bed last night and I didn't want to disturb you, so I slept outside in the hammock."  She says, "Well, I knew you were going to pull something like that, so yesterday afternoon I cut down the hammock."  The man pauses for a second, and then says, "That's my story and I stand by it."

That's Brooks's story, and he stands by it. 

Then you have people like Brian Williams, who I think really did remember being under gunfire, or whatever it was he claimed that wasn't actually true.  We all have memories that aren't entirely accurate, but most of us don't broadcast them to huge audiences, and even if we did, nobody cares about us because we're not celebrities, or trusted newsmen.  I guess maybe I'm a little forgiving of that because I could see myself doing something like that.  I mean, my recollections of certain events differ from other people's, so who knows.  I like to think I'd remember being under gunfire, but I'm sure I've had vastly fewer interesting experiences than Williams has had; gunfire would leave an impression on me, for sure, but on somebody who's spent time in war zones?  Maybe not. 

Then we have someone like Lance Armstrong, who felt justified in doping because everybody else was doping.  He thought, "I didn't do anything everybody else wasn't doing," and it's a quick jump to "I didn't cheat," and next thing you know he's specifically saying, "I didn't dope."  Well, of course he did, but I can see how he got there. 

Brooks is neither Brian Williams nor Lance Armstrong.  In oh so many ways, obviously, but mainly in the fact that even HE didn't believe what he was saying.  That is a special kind of liar.

However, all of this brings up a different situation, when it comes to cancer, specifically, and opinions that what Brooks did is especially heinous because this was what he chose to lie about.  I have to say that I don't agree.  I'm sure there's a continuum of heinousness of lies, but I just don't believe that cancer stands apart. 

I'm not naive; cancer has affected my life in significant ways.  But I just don't think it's worse than any other disease that kills people.  Or if treated successfully, any worse than other diseases that make people's lives miserable.  It's all in the "bad shit happens" pile as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, what Brooks did was actually almost laughable because of what a bad job he did--bad enough that even celebrity TV stars were doubting him, and these gals aren't celebrities because they were on Jeopardy.  Or even Wheel of Fortune. 

What disturbs me more are the real (unlike Brooks) celebrities who announce they have breast cancer, and in very short order are back to business as usual.  You wonder, how does that happen?  Shouldn't she be sick and wearing a scarf?  Well, it's almost always the case that they have DCIS, not invasive breast cancer.  A tricky condition, to be sure, but one that doesn't even always warrant treatment, and instead watchful waiting.  But if they DO get treatment (like a lumpectomy, and maybe radiation), there they are, proclaiming they are breast cancer survivors. 

I find that more insulting and harmful than Brooks's amateurish ploy to gain sympathy.  Mainly because Brooks is a zero who nobody admires, so he's harmless.  But people look up to real celebrities, and if they're going to use their platform, I think they have a duty to be rigorously honest.  Not to mention that for every one of them who "survives" non-invasive DCIS with a lumpectomy, there's any number of losers out there who just didn't battle her cancer quite enough.

• Love 3

I'm up in the middle of the night, can't sleep. So, rather than lay in bed, I of course turned on the tv, hoping for a repeat of something that I can maybe fall asleep to. Anyway, it's some lame movie but the guide says that the Brooks Tells All special will be on at 3:30. Is it me, or is that really odd? I'm really surprised that they are repeating that show, even at 3:30am on a Sunday, given that Brooks has been proven a liar. Is it to prep for the Vicki WWHL appearance?

And, no, even in my exhausted, delirious state, I will not give them my viewership. I didn't watch the first time and I won't watch now.

• Love 1

You don't have to actively be working to get disability.  There are two kinds.  One you get if you haven't worked enough to put into the system and you're extremely low income.  The entire household income is taken into account. That's SSI and you get Medicaid.  With SSDI you have to have worked a certain amount and they pay you based on how much you've worked (this is from the social security witholdings that you see on your paystub) and after two years on that you get Medicare.  If you are older and retire you get Medicare faster.

I'm on disability. VERY hard to get. It takes years and tons of paperwork. After 2 years of trying and 6 hospitalizations I finally hired a lawyer. As soon as I got disability I got Medicare. NOT medicaid but medicare. Everyone on my type of disability gets medicare. Doesn't matter how old you are. The other thing is you CAN work when you get disability. Mine doesn't even cover my rent! I HAVE to work to eat and keep the lights on. That being said I also have a cap on how much I am allowed to earn every month. It's a tricky line. 

• Love 3

So will Brooks be spilling all the secrets & fakery behind this show?  Me thinks Satan Andy would not be happy about that-

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/12/brooks-ayers-trying-to-save-his-reputation-with-tell-all-book/?_ga=1.27030269.1578229990.1340949624

I think its just more of the same from Brooks. Empty threats like the lawsuit against Meghan.

He claims "They basically pitched me as this poor guy from Mississippi preying on a vulnerable, successful, self-made woman,” he told Page Six on Tuesday."     Now, who would ever be ok with that?   He went along with it season after season, so I don't buy it.      Oh sure, I am going to willingly be on this show where I will be portrayed as a user, con artist.     Right, Crooks......

He lied and lied and lied.     There will never be a book.

• Love 4

This got me excited that maybe he might reveal some juicy stuff, but you're probably right.  There is a reason Bravo has been able to keep secrets.  They all sign contracts &  would be legally squashed if they blab.  Brooks is probably just bullshitting & babbling.

• Love 1