Type keyword(s) to search

Crime Watch Daily - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Editor's Note:

Discuss Crime Watch Daily here!

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

This is a syndicated show, so time and networks may vary. Here is a link to help you find where and when it airs in your area. It's a daily M-F show, airing in my area at 3 pm.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_Watch_Daily

This is my new daily crack.  I am enjoying the novelty of finally seeing some crimes that haven't been done to death on 20/20, 48 Hours and Dateline.  I can even overlook the tabloid style and the host's inability to articulate a telephone number with the proper inflection!.  :-)

• Love 2

Missing little kids are just the hardest stories to hear - the one with Kyron and his EEEVIL stepmother was such a horrible mystery ...  I cannot even imagine searching for a child's missing skeletal remains. 

We need to take more shelter dogs and train them for these purposes - I've seen so many shows proving that many of these little doggies can be the BEST contributors to society.  I know what I'd do with MY lottery winnings ...  :-)

• Love 3

As if the threat of novovirus isn't enough, now we hear an average of 20-25 people disappear from cruise ships every year.  YIKES!!!

I've been prepared for a carjacker for decades.  I don't go or park anywhere dicey, and never after dark.  I also have a sharply honed hatchet nesting nicely between my seat & console.   If they come at me from behind while I'm approaching my car, they'll be feeling the results of my purse ulu slashing, among other self defense tactical moves.  Hey, I may not be Rambo, but that just adds to the element of surprise when an old lady fights, fights, fights back!    :-)

• Love 1

The people disappearing from cruise ships surprised me, but then again, there are a whole lot of them in the water.

My ex-BF and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas a few years ago (it was a blast, btw) and we learned that someone had jumped from the top story of the atrium down to the all-tile floor below and committed suicide on the last trip. Gave me the willies walking across that area.

• Love 1

How did I not know this show existed until now?  I'm hooked.  The reporters are a little sub-par and the dramatic lines are cheesy, but I like that there are several stories per episode.  No filler to wade through, just the main points.

• Love 2

Missing little kids are just the hardest stories to hear - the one with Kyron and his EEEVIL stepmother was such a horrible mystery ...  I cannot even imagine searching for a child's missing skeletal remains. 

We need to take more shelter dogs and train them for these purposes - I've seen so many shows proving that many of these little doggies can be the BEST contributors to society.  I know what I'd do with MY lottery winnings ...  :-)

This one will probably air on ID: EVIL STEPMOTHERS

• Love 1

Apparently former host Matt Doran will still be on the show as a reporter. I liked him and his accent. I wonder how weird it will be for him to still work for a show where you got demoted as a host for Chris Hansen?

I might watch the first episode of the 2nd season to see what it's going to be like. I had to quit watching it earlier this year because it was making me even more depressed and angry then I already was.

• Love 1

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize how much I really missed those predator "stings".

This standing on the street thing to host the show is distracting. I mean at least from what I've seen on Extra they have some kind of outside set going on.

Chris's face while hosting makes him look like he's really constipated.

It will be interesting to see what Elizabeth Smart will be like on this show.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Social Piranha said:

I think he's got a bit of alcohol bloat going on.

I just checked this thread yesterday to see if anyone else had responded and was surprised to see your reply today.

They must have spent all the studio rental money on Chris's salary if he still has to stand outside in the winter.

• Love 1

I don't think Chris Hansen adds anything to this show and don't think he is better than the other reporters with the exception of Andrea Isom, and that is only because of the voice she decides to use while interviewing. I saw a Youtube clip of her when she was working with a news station prior to this job and she speaks in a normal voice, not the voice she uses here which I find grating. Otherwise, her interview technique is fine.

The newer segments advertising products at an "exclusive price for Crime Watch viewers!!!" takes some of the legitimacy about the true news reporting away for me, and if they need that to stay on the air, maybe they should rethink Chris Hansen's salary. 

• Love 1

Some of the stories are interesting -they aired one today about a 21 year old cop who tried to murder his 19 year old wife and set it up to look like a suicide. They did a pretty good job fleshing out all the details, as good as Dateline, etc.  The one thing I'm not crazy about is their reporter Anna Garcia - she has no charisma.  I loved Chris Hanson's Predator stuff too, so I hope to see more stings.  Watching those creeps get busted is like crack to me.

• Love 1

I hope Chris is doing more Hansen V. Predator. 

When I first saw Chris, I was a little shocked because he gained weight. But, he still looks really good. I've always had a crush on him since his Dateline days. 

I think adding Chris Hansen ruined this show. I used to like it when it was young, scrappy, reporters covering current crimes and trials. This morning the "new" episode said something like "Soccer Mom Scandal" and the description said, "A soccer mom, a mother of three, hides a deadly secret" and I knew right off the bat that it was yet another rehash of the Paige Birgfeld story which has been told about ten thousand times on other true crime shoes.

• Love 1

I try to catch this show when I can, but more and more, I'm seeing stories done already by the network shows (Dateline, 48 Hours, ID shows).  It feels kind of lazy on the part of the CWD folks - someone else has already done the heavy lifting/research, then they present the story as if they got a hot scoop.  I

• Love 2

There’s an episode on now, from the Richmond, VA area. Joe Morrisey is the defendant husband’s attorney.... he is scum. Joe is baby daddy to several kids, I’m surprised he still has a law license. Here’s the lowdown on him:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Morrissey

Here’s a link to the show’s website in case you miss one. It’s word-for-word verbatim what is on the show.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03/26/exclusive-alvin-banks-speaks-out-on-accidental-shooting-death-of-wife/

I just checked the show's Facebook page and Twitter which are both still being updated. Their Instagram isn't and a couple people posted comments on their IG post below about the cancellation. I guess what I posted about in April was true about the show being on the bubble.

• Love 1