Type keyword(s) to search

American Crime Story in the Media

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is this show coming back?

Yes. The next subject is either Hurricane Katrina (set in Memorial Medical Center and based on the book by Sheri Fink) or the Clinton-Lewinsky affair. Whichever one it is, there's no airdate yet.

• Love 3

Looks like Lewinsky/Clinton impeachment is back on the table: it was confirmed by FX at the TCAs as the subject for season 3, premiere date set for September 2020: https://www.vox.com/2019/8/6/20757738/american-crime-story-season-3-impeachment-clinton-sarah-paulson-ryan-murphy

Only 3 casting announcements have been made so far: Sarah Paulson as Linda Tripp, Beanie Feldstein as Monica Lewinsky, and Annaleigh Ashford (Cunanan's friend Lizzie in Versace) as Paula Jones. Jeffrey Toobin's A Vast Conspiracy will serve as the primary source material.

I was hesitant about this subject matter when it first got bandied about, but I'm starting to feel more confident about it now and think the show could really pull off something spectacular, as they did in the first two seasons.

Feldstein is truly inspired casting for Lewinsky, but I'm not sold on Paulson as Tripp quite yet. She's got the acting chops, of course, but I don't think she has the right look. I thought they'd have her play Hillary, but I suppose Tripp could be a bigger/juicier role depending on what angles they tell the story from.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2019 at 1:33 PM, helenamonster said:

Looks like Lewinsky/Clinton impeachment is back on the table: it was confirmed by FX at the TCAs as the subject for season 3, premiere date set for September 2020: https://www.vox.com/2019/8/6/20757738/american-crime-story-season-3-impeachment-clinton-sarah-paulson-ryan-murphy

Only 3 casting announcements have been made so far: Sarah Paulson as Linda Tripp, Beanie Feldstein as Monica Lewinsky, and Annaleigh Ashford (Cunanan's friend Lizzie in Versace) as Paula Jones. Jeffrey Toobin's A Vast Conspiracy will serve as the primary source material.

I was hesitant about this subject matter when it first got bandied about, but I'm starting to feel more confident about it now and think the show could really pull off something spectacular, as they did in the first two seasons.

Feldstein is truly inspired casting for Lewinsky, but I'm not sold on Paulson as Tripp quite yet. She's got the acting chops, of course, but I don't think she has the right look. I thought they'd have her play Hillary, but I suppose Tripp could be a bigger/juicier role depending on what angles they tell the story from.

Have you seen Russell Crowe's transformation into Ailes? They can do Sarah as Linda easily. 

• Love 1

This sounds like good news. I know there's been some confusion as to why ACS is not on Hulu and there have been comments that it may have impacted the ratings for at least the 3rd season