Type keyword(s) to search

Hunting Hitler - General Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, rmontro said:

When they were talking with the guy who was in the Chilean concentration camp with his family, they never said why he was imprisoned, did they? 

They said he was a political dissident.  He was also imprisoned with his mother and father.

• Love 1

My 90 year old Dad and WWII veteran watches this show and we had a chance to talk about the unsatisfying finale.  His theory is that they didn't want to make a big thing about a potential 4th Reich starting up in South America so as not to encourage neo-Nazis to idealize or emulate any such organization of Nazis in more modern times.  I don't know if I agree with that but it is an interesting theory.

I would have thought the show would have theorized about why the Nazi activities in South America ceased after a while.  I was unaware that even into the 1970s they were still organized and torturing people.  That's really scary.  My father thinks their demise had to do with whatever political regime being in control not being in support of their activities.  

• Love 2
On 2/24/2018 at 12:14 AM, Yeah No said:

I would have thought the show would have theorized about why the Nazi activities in South America ceased after a while.  I was unaware that even into the 1970s they were still organized and torturing people.  That's really scary.  My father thinks their demise had to do with whatever political regime being in control not being in support of their activities.  

Those were my thoughts.  What happened to these people that were planning the Fourth Reich, and their efforts?  Maybe that will be the focus of future episodes, if there are any.  

Even if there was little evidence presented to suggest Hitler survived WWII, it does appear there was a considerable effort to reorganize a Nazi presence in South America.  This show has done a good job of demonstrating that.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, AntDavison said:

forced seaplane landing at Laguna de Roacha, Uruguay,  1945.10.31 is well documented, with source references, at    http://www.histarmar.com.ar/AcademiaUruguayaMyFl/2010/LioneldeMarmier.htm

image005.jpg

This particular aircraft was disassembled when the Nazis seized the factory. The parts were moved to various locations in the area, after the liberation of France these were gathered together and reassembled into a complete aircraft. It flew for the first time in March of 1945, well after the Germans had gone. The plane was never in Nazi hands, so any claims/suggestions that the aircraft was used to transport Hitler from Narvik to Buenos Aires are as much a load of BS as everything else that they do. (It's rather telling that their recap of the story omits the word "French" as used to refer to the seaplane) After the war the plane was owned and operated by Air France. The DeGaulle government nationalized Air France and took over operations. So for what they're claiming took place to be true, it would mean that the French government knowingly allowed national resources to be used in aiding and abetting the flight of fugitive Nazis from justice. Does anyone really think that this would be allowed? That they would assist wanted criminals on a par with Klaus Barbie, the infamous Gestapo chief of Lyons, in getting away? Just ridiculous, but par for the course.

On 2/18/2018 at 11:10 PM, Collinwood said:

Alarming programming note. The History Channel website lists the Feb. 20 episode as the season finale, not the series finale.  The History Channel does call the show Hunting Hitler: The Final Evidence, so I'm pretty sure the show is ending as was stated in the first episode this season, but if someone could assure me that Bob and company are done hunting Hitler I would really appreciate it.

For what it's worth, I can't see where they would go from here in terms of the story. The show has never been about conducting any sort of legitimate investigation, it's about pushing a predetermined narrative for the purpose of ratings,/$$. They've spent three seasons gathering "evidence" to support that narrative and Baer found someone to give him the thumbs up, going out and looking for more isn't going to accomplish anything.

5 hours ago, Jess Mee said:

going out and looking for more isn't going to accomplish anything.

Yes, but is Bob coming back for another season?!?!?  I don't trust The History Channel--after all how long has The Curse of Oak Island been on the air?  ASAIK they haven't found anything but a bone shard and a coin.

• Love 2

I hate that they moved to a different day/time.  I keep forgetting to look for it.  I did see where they were all over Europe and then heading back to South America.  Did I miss anything?  Lol.  I am sure any evidence would have been world breaking news.

True story:  About 22 years ago I worked at a place and my boss had a thick German accent.  I asked where she was from and she said Argentina.  I was thinking to myself how a person from Argentina would have such a thick German accent?  She was also vocal on her thoughts of those of origin other than Europe.  I told my mom and she said that the rumors were that the Nazis settled.  I wish I could question her more today.

Thought I would mention this, in case anyone is interested:

The Josh Gates show Expedition Unknown is running an upcoming episode about Nazis escaping into Argentina.  I don't know when it will be aired, but it's on Tuesday nights on the Discovery Channel.  The commercial showed a picture of that house on a beach that was shown on Hunting Hitler, and Josh asking "If Hitler was here, which room was his"?  So it sounds like a lot of the same subject matter.  I was wondering if this show will be able to get any inside shots of that house.  Probably not. 

So I did watch the Nazis in Argentina episode of Expedition Unknown.  Josh Gates actually got permission to film inside the Inalco house, and it was mostly empty, but it was large and impressive.  I'm sure it was beautiful when it was still being maintained.  Big windows and a view of the lake, I'm surprised it has been unoccupied for so long.  Josh also found a Nazi coin with a swastika in the yard with a metal detector.  So there probably was some Nazi involvement with the house, whether or not it was Hitler.

• Love 2

So I was watching last night and while josh was in the basement storage room I saw something that looked to be the back of the painting, so I went through and watched it again, and it does look very much like the back of a painting. He says it's a shelf that collapsed, but you can see he just kicked something over. It upset me cause this could've been one of the missing paintings, and the proof he needed.

Just now, Anonymous003 said:

So I was watching last night and while josh was in the basement storage room I saw something that looked to be the back of the painting, so I went through and watched it again, and it does look very much like the back of a painting. He says it's a shelf that collapsed, but you can see he just kicked something over. It upset me cause this could've been one of the missing paintings, and the proof he 

Here are screenshots. They're not amazing, and they got cropped weird, but you can find them at      37.10  and     37.22 in the episode.

20180803_131248.jpg

20180803_131405.jpg

There are several issues with the show and information that required to further investigation or simply followed up. For investigators, I would have expected a timeline using multiple sources to support one or the other. Furthermore, why were there not legitimate analysis done to support Kennedy’s product (link analysis). 

what do we know?

what we think we know?

what do we not know?

Why did they not follow up at the canary islands and not try to verify the witness claiming there were 4 enigmas on the island during and after WW2?  

Why not Create a list of potential suspects within the circle of hitlers’s henchmen to determine, could it have been one of them living off the spoils of war. In short order play devils advocate. 
  Misiones, presented a problem. Why isolate your principle with no clear escape  route. The house on the lake also, no clear escape route. In addition, why do a recon from the most obvious point of entry? Why not do originally what Cervantes executed and walk in from behind, through the woods. Why were drones not used for recon on that mission?
  As well respected Holland (Historian) is and the man knows his history. Does that make him an expert on the military decision making process?  He endorsed Denmark as as a point that Hitler likely used to flee Germany. Why? Germany was losing control of Denmark at the end of the war  any infrastructure would be collapsing. It would be every man for himself. 
   For what it is worth, the show proved quite clearly how many nazis fled Europe and were supported by many countries to include the USA. 
  I agree with many on this forum, there needed to be a title change. I suggest  “The Nazi Ratline.”

In addition, the final episode was a complete let down. That is it? Former FBI  agrees there maybe something here?

I almost spit my coffee!