Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Room 33

• Start Topic

For the sheer campiness of it all, I enjoying the homage to "It's Alive" when it comes to the Countess and her kid.

I missed last week episode so somebody can explain to me if there was more build up to the Liz Taylor/Tristan romance because it felt so entirely random to me.

• Love 4

The Murder House!!! So nice to see it. Hello Dr.Charles lol. It would have been nice to see Nora also but I am still happy to see some S1 characters again.

I cant stand Alex.

I knew the Countess would not let Tristan go. Her personality would not allow that.

I hope we start to see more of Mr.March and Miss Evers soon. I enjoyed the few seconds they got.

• Love 7

Alex is kind of the worst. Like worse than the grilled lettuce hipsters. She gives not one fuck about Scarlett or John.

I am ridiculously enjoying the demon baby. The concept is so hilariously demented. 

...And as soon as we saw Liz and Tristan together I knew one of them was dying. RIP Grown Up Rufio. You were actually a little interesting and sympathetic this episode.

I was so happy to see Murder House. My one major complaint of the show so far  is I want more 20s flashbacks, but it looks like we'll get some next week.

Edited by SilverShadow
  • Love 9

It was nice to see the murder house and Dr. charles again. Season one was my favorite.

I thought Tristan was dead already. Poor Liz.

I was wondering if the two Nordic girls were still around and there they were. I didn't really understand the whole ' finding your purpose' thing.

This wasn't my favorite episode. There were too many WTF moments and now I have more questions I hope they answer.

• Love 2

I want Alex to die a slow and painful death. She is the WORST. I'm so glad that Ramona wasn't killed because that would have pissed me off. I was not happy to see the two idiot tourists I hate that they are taking screen time away from Bomer, Bassett and Bates. I knew the countess was going to kill one of them and I'm so glad that it wasn't Liz. I hope that Liz, Donovan, Iris, and Ramona form a kick ass group and take down the countess and Alex. 

• Love 8

For the sheer campiness of it all, I enjoying the homage to "It's Alive" when it comes to the Countess and her kid.

I missed last week episode so somebody can explain to me if there was more build up to the Liz Taylor/Tristan romance because it felt so entirely random to me.

No you didn't miss anything lol. This was the first episode we saw them together. I guess Tristan is a ghost now? Since he was a Vampire maybe the death rules are different for him. 

• Love 2

No you didn't miss anything lol. This was the first episode we saw them together. I guess Tristan is a ghost now? Since he was a Vampire maybe the death rules are different for him. 

I think there has to be some rule for that. It's possible we will never see him again at all. After all, the Countess/Ramona/Donovan probably killed hundreds of people in that hotel and we haven't seen the halls filled with ghosts. 

I would like to say:

This was the most male butt I have seen on television ever. It's not even hidden away. It's just so blatant. Cheyenne's was just sitting there in plain sight for what seemed like male nudity on tv YEARS.

• Love 8

This love affair plot only works because Denis O'Hare is just that good and Finn Wittrock is great playing off of Denis. There was no lead up to this great love. We only saw brief snippets of the romance in this episode, which was ironic because it was so obviously doomed. This great love only existed on the screen for maybe 10 minutes and only works because of the acting.

Alex is the worst. She cares so little about her daughter and husband that she abandons her daughter and gaslights her husband. Plus she's smug about John being an unfit parent.

So much man ass. I ain't mad at that.

• Love 17

My favorite line of the night has to be " I love the bouquet of rotting flesh" said giddily by Mrs. Evers. She's a hoot.

GaGa's makeup looked great when she had on the green outfit when she was first talking to Liz. Very simple done and nothing extreme... and Liz's eye shadow matched her green.

Right after the Countess slashed Tristan, it looked soooo CGI when the blood first poured out.

Scarlett just may need some psych counseling soon. Along with her dad if he makes it alive at the end of this all.

This season should have an added word: Hotel Sex.....    because...so much!

Not that there's anything wrong with that but.... so much!

Liz calling Alex Nanny McPhee cracked me up.

Glad we got to see the baby's face this soon and they didn't drag that on. Cree-pee.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 7

I didn't really like this episode.  I was confused about almost everything involving the baby.  Some of my questions:

• Why no reaction from the doctor when she stated she's only three weeks pregnant
  • Why no reaction from the nurse when she sees the baby's deformed face
  • She went there to abort her baby, why did the doctor act like she would be happy to have a live child
  • Why did the countess want her child, when she went there specifically to abort it
  • Who's the daddy
  • Why does poor Bartholomew have to live isolated in Room 33? 
  • Why pretend the countess is devoted to her baby?  She spends most of her time fucking, not spending it with her child

I don't care for Tristan, but I felt bad he was forced to service Drake when he didn't want to.  Doesn't make me think too much of Will Drake that he allowed it when he saw how reluctant Tristan was.  And why is he marrying the countess when he's not sexually attracted to her?  Is he hypnotized by her?

I hated everything involving the Swedish meatballs.

Hopefully Liz has gotten over her blind devotion to the countess.

Does Gaga exercise like crazy, or is that her butt naturally?

It makes absolutely no sense that the room where the vamp babies sleep is not locked.

• Love 7

Bartholomew was in in Season 1, Murder House.

Loved how we got to see the very lovely Murder House in this episode as well.

I think this series will end up all connecting back to Murder House in the end.

One question--if the countess had Bartholomew back in the 20's how did he never age? I suppose he has the blood virus as well?

• Love 5

I was kid when that movie came out (1974) and the poster for it gave me nightmares. I don't believe I've actually seen it.

• Love 1

As soon as I actually became interested in Tristan, he dies. I'm just glad Liz Taylor wasn't killed, too.

Yeah, the Countess definitely won't make it through the end. Ramona, Liz, Bates/Bomer all want her dead, and I'm sure it won't be long before Alek wants her dead, too, to have Holden all to herself.

• Love 2

You know Alex, if you don't want to take care of, or even speak to, your daughter, fine. But why the hell are you then trying to break the only parent she has left? Alex wanted to divorce him, but never seemed to hate him. Why does she want to destroy him?

• Love 13
  • Why no reaction from the doctor when she stated she's only three weeks pregnant
  • Why no reaction from the nurse when she sees the baby's deformed face
  • She went there to abort her baby, why did the doctor act like she would be happy to have a live child
  • Why did the countess want her child, when she went there specifically to abort it
  • Who's the daddy
  • Why does poor Bartholomew have to live isolated in Room 33? 
  • Why pretend the countess is devoted to her baby?  She spends most of her time fucking, not spending it with her child

1.  He's psycho. 

2.  She is probably also psycho. 

3.  I'd guess because the baby survived the abortion and because she got to see it.  Also they are both psycho. 

4.  I'd say she's psycho. Also, she got to hold it. 

5.  I'd guess from a previous flashback and the previews for next week it's pretty clear and he is also a psycho.

6.  He's psycho. He probably also has the blood virus. He killed the nurse when he was born and he slashed Ramona.  However, he didn't kill Ramona (because he probably remembered her & she's also "infected" so he couldn't drink her) and chose to escape instead. He also didn't attack Alex but then again he was hurt and she's not food worthy I'd wager, since he has been alive since the 20s he is smarter than your average baby but still a baby. He is also, again, psycho. 

7.  Being that he was born in the 20s we don't actually know how devoted she is to the child.  She could have spent 30 years at his bedside every day and I think anyone would get tired of that and visit only once-in-a-while.  As Ramona said and as the others know, she actually does love the children.  The children including Bartholomew seem to be her soft spot.  

I'll also add that The Countess thinking Liz Taylor was planning on having the "surgery" and offering to pay for it again means she does care at least a little about some people. She added tonight that she does feel things but she's so old so she feels them "differently." I think someone was arguing that she was just using them to work for her and I don't quite see it that way.  I don't think she'd care if Liz left the hotel and would wish her well - at least before tonight. Their relationship is mutually beneficial. It seems like she saw her differently than everyone else there since Liz chose to be there to be able to live her life openly. 

Edited by FiveByFive
  • Love 8
Aka, a vagina with teeth.

Murphy is beyond merely showing his demons: they are now a trained gymnastics troupe that spell out M-O-M-M-Y I-S-S-U-E-S with those long ribbons on sticks.

Okay, so, the ghosts find purpose to pass the time. Does the hotel help them out in that case? The Swedish meatballs seemed to summon a helluva lot of blood in their threesome with John, like how Sally uses it to make mattress monsters and Drilldo? Remember those? Seriously, classic Murphy. Crazy shit just suspended in midair.

I finally respected Tristan ten seconds before he died! His calling out the Countess for just using him and everyone else was great, and he was one hundred percent right: he had been used all his life by people, and half the reason he acted as willful and stupid as he did is that people liked him that way--the petulant pouty bad boy without anything going on upstairs. I still can't believe in he and Liz's great love beyond Denis O'Hare's brilliant acting but his firing that pistol shot of truth into Elizabeth's willfully silent mind was worth it. 

Even Denis couldn't make me believe Liz would honestly believe the Countess would give her blessing, though. I know love makes you stupid but you have to work to be that stupid. I guess she just wanted to believe enough that she forgot the first maxim of anyone you meet: the first time somebody shows you who they are, believe them.

Alex. Wow. I admire Chloe for playing such a twisted version of the devoted mother; I just wish the show would support her efforts better! But she's just proving the above point: she said flat out that Holden is her one big love. It's not like she hates Scarlett or John, she just only had so much room in her heart and when the extremities of emotion/craziness occurred she couldn't pretend anymore.

I think the reason people hate her so much more than any other character is that we aren't really scared of vampires or ghosts. They're just pretend, they're not real. But mothers/parents who allow obsessions and compulsions to take the place of love, who smother out of guilt and not affection, who basically hand you over to a grandparent without so much as by your leave? Lots of people know lots of parents like that. Had/have parents like that. Maybe we weren't left behind by a mother who ran off to be a vampire nanny, but many were left behind nonetheless.

Man, Elizabeth has had one crappy day and she doesn't even know about the vampire virus running around the local schools yet!

• Love 14
You know Alex, if you don't want to take care of, or even speak to, your daughter, fine. But why the hell are you then trying to break the only parent she has left? Alex wanted to divorce him, but never seemed to hate him. Why does she want to destroy him?

She's trying to convince him he's crazy and the hotel is the source of said craziness so he'd leave and she and Holden could play Coffin Snugglebunnies forevermore. I don't think she's devoted one second of thought as to what's happening to Scarlett. Which hopefully will come back to bite her in the ass with Bartholomew teeth.

• Love 11

This episode was about everyone finding a purpose and they did....against The Countess. Her one remaining ally is Alex. Everyone else is against her.

Liz: "I know it doesn't end well, and it shouldn't. But now, for the first time, I'd put money on it not ending well for The Countess."

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

So awesome to see The Murder House again. 

Ass Ass Ass everywhere last night and color me surprised that Cheyenne got him a donk back there. 

The Liz/Tristan thing came way out of nowhere but it was cute for the 45 seconds that it lasted. Also Can we talk about how Liz isn't a vampire or a ghost and the sis hasn't aged a day in 31 years. Fiona would be fuming.

Scarlett's life in general being garbage. Her parents hate her and then when they finally remember she's alive, they ignore her, give her death glares, shoot around her and have blood-stained everything.

I'm still going with my John theory but after last night I'm thinking its Alex. 

More Ramona please and thank you. 

• Love 5

Did I miss why they had to destroy the coffins instead of just moving them?

I wonder if the Countess was motivated more by Tristan's earlier attempted refusal to help her with Drake than him actually being in love with Liz. Her main concern right now seems to be the money she would get from marrying (then dispatching with) Blake. Tristan almost got in the way of that, and that may be the bigger betrayal to her right now.

I agree with those who felt uncomfortable watching Tristan essentially be forced to have sex with Drake. All the horrors on this show and the more realistic, bloodless ones are by far the creepiest.

Murphy is beyond merely showing his demons: they are now a trained gymnastics troupe that spell out M-O-M-M-Y I-S-S-U-E-S with those long ribbons on sticks.

Thank you for this awesome image :)

Edited to change Blake to Drake. Too distracted by his derriere to properly remember his name...

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3
This was the most male butt I have seen on television ever. It's not even hidden away. It's just so blatant. Cheyenne's was just sitting there in plain sight for what seemed like male nudity on tv YEARS.

Thank you Ryan Murphy!  Cheyenne Jackson looked delish.

I wonder if the Countess was motivated more by Tristan's earlier attempted refusal to help her with Blake

Who's Blake?

• Love 1

Liz Taylor killed this episode.  That actor portrayed all the emotions so beautifully, though bitch was crazy if he/she thought the countess was going to let him have Tristan.

Now we are supposed to feel sorry for Kathy Bates character because she is a put upon older woman?  This is total bullshit.  We have seen her at the front desk and she is mean and borderline rude.  No one has mistreated (that we have seen) her besides those two cartoony hipsters.  She was horrible two those poor Swedish girls and eventually murdered them.  They were actually pretty nice to her and were not making crazy demands.  From what we know, she was also a horrible mother to her son, as well.

Why does the male nudity make sense to the part and the two hot chicks are wondering around in their underwear for no other reason then to say two hot chicks are wondering around half naked.

Gaga was not bad.  Ryan Murphy should have kept her a silent mysterious character since she is pretty green to acting.  However, maybe she is going to be the next Cher (singer who ends up winning an Oscar) in the making if she takes some lessons.

• Love 2

I think they broke the glass coffins because they were too big/unwieldy to just cart out of the basement. (Also, Liz Taylor has the muscles of a walking stick and I'm not sure if vampires actually have enhanced strength on this show, particularly a new one like Alex that hasn't been gorging on live victims.)

It turns out all it took for me to enjoy Wes Bentley's performance this year was him running around bareassed drenched in blood and ranting loudly. Who knew? (It was SUCH an improvement over the blank affect gravelly whisper delivery he's been giving all season—maybe Alex was as tired of it as I was, and that motivated her to send the Swedish Meatballs to push him over the edge and provoke an actual emotional response?)

Liz Taylor rocked the house in this episode, but I have real trouble buying that a vapid spoiled brat like Tristan would have the depth to look past appearances and fall for her. Aside from the trans issue being a big stumbling block for Mr. I'm-Not-Gay, Liz is his senior by at least three decades, bald, and not conventionally pretty despite the utter fabulousness. I can see him pursuing a person like that as a sugar mommy, but not if it works against his material interest while he's the Countess' boytoy.

• Love 7

Liz Taylor rocked the house in this episode, but I have real trouble buying that a vapid spoiled brat like Tristan would have the depth to look past appearances and fall for her. Aside from the trans issue being a big stumbling block for Mr. I'm-Not-Gay, Liz is his senior by at least three decades, bald, and not conventionally pretty despite the utter fabulousness. I can see him pursuing a person like that as a sugar mommy, but not if it works against his material interest while he's the Countess' boytoy.

I bought it. I would have loved to see it develop though. Liz smile when Triston Walks into the lobby. Liz treating Triston like an intelligent person and not a hunk of meat. I did enjoy their pillow talk about love and what it really means and the having the Countess treat Trison like a rent boy.

• Love 8

I bought it. I would have loved to see it develop though. Liz smile when Triston Walks into the lobby. Liz treating Triston like an intelligent person and not a hunk of meat. I did enjoy their pillow talk about love and what it really means and the having the Countess treat Trison like a rent boy.

Maybe the Countess knows that Tristan doesn't love Liz and killed him rather than letting Liz be crushed when she finds out.  This way she can blame the Countess instead of going through the pain when Tristan inevitably rejects her.

• Love 1

Whelp, count Liz on Team Let's Get Vengeance on the Countess! I think the countess only has Alex, Will, and the Vamp-tots on her side now; I don't think Sally cares about anyone but John; and Mr. March and Ms. Evers don't care who's getting killed just as long as blood is consistently flowing.

So people who die in the hotel spend forever doing what they did when they died (the Swedish meatballs trying to get out to see the Fast and the Furious at Universal Studios; the foodie millennial still looking for some healthy food). And the only way to break the monotony is to start killing guests. So since Tristan died loving on Liz, presumably Tristan could become a ghost and spend forevermore gazing in Liz's eyes. And, we know ghost-human sex with murder optional happens in this hotel, so then Tristan could kill Liz in the throes of passion so they'll die happily ever after in love for all of eternity.

• Love 3

And also a fair bit of bare female butt. Clearly the writers know how weak this season is and are trying to hold an audience.

If you think THIS season is weak, check out Coven or Freak Show!

I think this season is great compared to those two.  Actually find myself really looking forward to Wednesday nights now.  I think the hotel as the center of the story helps give this season a coherence the last 2 lacked---it's almost like Briarcliff all over again.  Not saying this season is perfect by any stretch---but as AHS goes, it's pretty good in my book.

• Love 13

I want Alex to die a slow and painful death. She is the WORST. I'm so glad that Ramona wasn't killed because that would have pissed me off. I was not happy to see the two idiot tourists I hate that they are taking screen time away from Bomer, Bassett and Bates. I knew the countess was going to kill one of them and I'm so glad that it wasn't Liz. I hope that Liz, Donovan, Iris, and Ramona form a kick ass group and take down the countess and Alex. 

I wish I could hit like a 100 times more!  Countess is gonna die!  She had ticked off too many of her otherwise minions.

• Love 3

Now, here's a question: is Bartholomew the Monster Baby the same as Monster Basement Baby from Murder House? The one Jessica Lange's daughter was playing ball with that one time? Because A) I can't remember if Basement Baby was explained or not and B) Bartholomew got Ramona's attention by rolling a red ball at her in his room.

• Love 1
Now, here's a question: is Bartholomew the Monster Baby the same as Monster Basement Baby from Murder House?

Logistically it can't be, MBBFMH died in Murder House, so it can't leave Murder House.  As far as I know BTMB hasn't died, it was born to the Countess with the same "condition" she has.

• Love 2

She's trying to convince him he's crazy and the hotel is the source of said craziness so he'd leave and she and Holden could play Coffin Snugglebunnies forevermore. I don't think she's devoted one second of thought as to what's happening to Scarlett. Which hopefully will come back to bite her in the ass with Bartholomew teeth.

Yeah, because "I want some space alone, so can you move back home with Scarlett while I stay in a hotel?" is way too easy and sane :)

• Love 2
Yeah, because "I want some space alone, so can you move back home with Scarlett while I stay in a hotel?" is way too easy and sane :)

For this show? Yepper!

But seriously, it's not that she wanted him just gone, she wanted him convinced that he was crazy so that she could say "You didn't see me and Holden in coffin, it was just your nut-nut brain, like it always is"--Gaslighting him, basically. She was trying to "protect" her one true love. Blech. 

• Love 2

I know they have to feed but they feed on the most obnoxious people ever.  I would be killing them in the alley so they aren't attached to the hotel forever.

Do the coffins help the kids in some way?  Why can't they just sleep in beds?

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

Now, here's a question: is Bartholomew the Monster Baby the same as Monster Basement Baby from Murder House? The one Jessica Lange's daughter was playing ball with that one time? Because A) I can't remember if Basement Baby was explained or not and B) Bartholomew got Ramona's attention by rolling a red ball at her in his room.

No, the monster baby in the basement was Charles and Nora's baby. Basement baby was explained Tate told the story to Violet. One of the boyfriends of the girl that Charles preformed an abortion on wanted revenge so he kidnapped and killed the baby. Then Charles brought him back to life then Nora found out and killed the both of them.

• Love 5

If you think THIS season is weak, check out Coven or Freak Show!

Seems about the same.

Clearly the writers know how weak this season is and are trying to hold an audience.

Yup, just cheap shock value, the first 2 seasons had a better sense of balance, but since then...  I guess we have to wait a while for some of the reveals.