Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four General Discussion

Great.

The fact is you are allowed to leave Alaska and still recieve from the General Fund, unlike the claim you made, that even vacations were not allowed.

Leave Alaska on vacation while being a resident of another state. That is what a number of people do and still get their welfare check. Funny how many of these vacations never involve going back to Alaska unless to check the PO Box. Sorry but welfare fraud in Alaska is pretty rampant. Also the Native Corporations are a joke. Most of that money never goes to help the natives unless it's to get them drunk on firewater. Also those mineral protections were put in place to get money so when the oil money disappeared the people of Alaska wouldn't be up shit creek. It wasn't meant to be a check to everybody who applies but meant to be used to create industry, roads etc. 

Leave Alaska on vacation while being a resident of another state. That is what a number of people do and still get their welfare check. Funny how many of these vacations never involve going back to Alaska unless to check the PO Box. Sorry but welfare fraud in Alaska is pretty rampant. Also the Native Corporations are a joke. Most of that money never goes to help the natives unless it's to get them drunk on firewater. Also those mineral protections were put in place to get money so when the oil money disappeared the people of Alaska wouldn't be up shit creek. It wasn't meant to be a check to everybody who applies but meant to be used to create industry, roads etc. 

And this has exactly what to do with the Browns?  

All you have brought up is:

1) False explanations of how the fund(s) work

2) Allegations that others break the rules

3) Native Corporations and possible mismanagement.  

How stupid do they think we are?

The Browns built, or had built for them, a very modern house, complete with a new metal door and aluminum or vinyl-clad windows.

But they want to give the impression that they're living in a crude cabin in the woods, so they trim the windows with split logs to hide the modern features.  This is so Hollywood that the logs are probably made of foam.

wjnJKkk.png

• Love 5

Well I just don't know...

Billy's seizure may have maybe been real. Maybe. But, bush or not, wouldn't the production company insist on his being checked out by real doctors in a real facility before they decided to just film events? I mean, I'm assuming that the company has insurance to cover things like actors dying or whatever (it's standard to protect any lost production/revenue costs in event of some catastrophe like the lead actor dying)--and wouldn't there be a clause insisting that anyone with a potentially life threatening problem be medically approved before filming could continue? Just saying.

So we're to believe that the kids then manned up and finished the roof with, of course, the rain pouring and making it almost impossible to work. Couldn't they have--oh, I don't know--maybe replaced the tarp over the roof and waited till the rain stopped? And, no I'm no roofer, but wouldn't it make more sense to put the tin (so conveniently available and just the right size and amount) over a dry base so as to not trap the moisture underneath to maybe rot the sheathing? Makes sense to me...

'Think the older kids are getting tired of being portrayed as morons?

Edited by Beden
  • Love 4

Well I just don't know...

Billy's seizure may have maybe been real. Maybe. But, bush or not, wouldn't the production company insist on his being checked out by real doctors in a real facility before they decided to just film events? I mean, I'm assuming that the company has insurance to cover things like actors dying or whatever (it's standard to protect any lost production/revenue costs in event of some catastrophe like the lead actor dying)--and wouldn't there be a clause insisting that anyone with a potentially life threatening problem be medically approved before filming could continue? Just saying.

So we're to believe that the kids then manned up and finished the roof with, of course, the rain pouring and making it almost impossible to work. Couldn't they have--oh, I don't know--maybe replaced the tarp over the roof and waited till the rain stopped? And, no I'm no roofer, but wouldn't it make more sense to put the tin (so conveniently available and just the right size and amount) over a dry base so as to not trap the moisture underneath to maybe rot the sheathing? Makes sense to me...

'Think the older kids are getting tired of being portrayed as morons?

Not only that but they were doing it with "used" tin, yet I never saw them plugging any previous holes, and they put the tin on from top to bottom.  Think about it.....you start from the bottom and go up layering the tin so that the top sheet runs the water down.  If you layer it  the way they did all the water would run under the lower sheets.  Besides, if they had a tarp on it in the first place it wouldn't leak unless the tarp was no good. 

Amy saying "can you see me, can you hear me" when papa Billy was already speaking coherently was idiotic.  No Ami he can't hear you especially when he was clearly answering questions from his gaggle of silly geese.  He must have picked up on their questions psychically and answered them. 

OMG  they all could have died!

• Love 3

It bothers me that the girls choke up on the hammer, so they don't ever get a good swing on it. It's kind of like golfing, where you're supposed to swing the club handle and not the head. If you hold the hammer near the head, you're just doing a little tap tap on the nail and not hitting it hard enough for it to move very far into the wood.

I say this as a woman who has used a hammer since around the age of 4.

And I know that Rain can do it, because she handled the ax very well when she was splitting wood. She has the chops!

• Love 1

Not only that but they were doing it with "used" tin, yet I never saw them plugging any previous holes, and they put the tin on from top to bottom.  Think about it.....you start from the bottom and go up layering the tin so that the top sheet runs the water down.  If you layer it  the way they did all the water would run under the lower sheets.  Besides, if they had a tarp on it in the first place it wouldn't leak unless the tarp was no good.

Dang! You're absolutely right about that. That new fabulous roof is going to seep and leak and rust to beat the band. Unless, of course, the hired construction crew comes along behind the moron tribe and fixes/redoes everything they did for the cameras.

And another score--yes, you hold a hammer by the handle, the further back the better the swing. Otherwise you might as well be using a rock.

It also occurred to me that, as the kids were all claiming their sleeping spaces to escape the indoor rain storm caused by the tarp not being nailed down and likely full of holes--wouldn't bush people raised in the wild know that it's significantly warmer to not sleep on the floor but raised up on, say, a cot or bunk? Sleeping on a hard surface is fine if that's the kind of thing you like but I'm guessing that the main floor wasn't insulated underneath and there are no rugs or bearskins around, thus making it pretty damn cold. Of course, I could just be talking through my hat since we know that the Brown's are all wilderness savvy and I'm just a lower 48-er.

• Love 4

Okay, I admit it; I only half watched last night but it seemed to me that the producers were going for the sympathy edit for the pack. Yes, of course Billy losing his family in a plane crash when he was a teen was indeed horrific and it makes sense that he was lost and adrift for years. Absolutely, I get it. I can even see him latching onto Ami as an anchor. All good and fine.

This doesn't explain the idiocy we've been treated to these past few years--bush people who know nothing about stockpiling food for winter, preparing adequate housing in a timely manner, dressing for the climate, not ripping off the government programs, not buying ancient, leaky multiple boats untested and on and on...

• Love 7

Things Browntown might want to think about:

Using every spare minute to cut wood for the upcoming winter ( a house that size + the other 'residences' would use a serious amount of wood. Hell's belles, I go through a good 2 cords just to augment my furnace here in the Northeast). A cord is 4'X4'X8'.

Locating the root cellar nearer (or under) the house so they have easy access to the food when the snow is up to their asses.

Ditto for the outhouse. Okay, distance for sanitary reasons, sure, but still within a reasonable distance for when you have to pee.

Smoking/salting/drying a buttload of food for winter.

Using their bush generator (or bartering/buying one) so they might have radio contact in case Billy has another seizure or someone has a serious accident.

Insulating the various buildings against serious sub-zero temps.

Using some of their paychecks (the ones not going to lawyers) to buy some damn down coats/warm hats/gloves/mittens.

Anyone else have any suggestions???

• Love 2

Thank you, Rock knocker--I stand corrected regarding the weather in that area. But (you knew there would be a 'but', right?) it's still a long way from tropical in the winter and temps hovering in the low teens is still dang chilly if you're not prepared. And you're right, more rain than snow overall. I think that they should invest in some decent rain gear, move their various sleeping arrangements off the ground and at least pretend to prepare for the cold months regarding a wood supply and a decent stockpile of food. Sure, we know it's all BS and that production is paying the locals to do the building and all but at least make it seem semi-realistic.

I know the old saying that 10% never get the memo but I'm still amazed at the sheer number of folks out there who believe that this and all the other so called reality shows are actually real. Truly, my mind boggles.

The other problem is that there may well be people who will think that living in the bush looks like neat-o, kean-o fun; that no one will bother them, they can do whatever the spirit moves them to do. If they take this mess of a show as a guide it won't be a pretty reality when they try to survive in their tarp tents and denim garments.

• Love 3

Things I noticed while I was half asleep watching the show:

Whoa, when did Slash join the Browns?  Oh, wait, it's just Noah's new hat, sorry Slash.

Noah has added a fancy waistcoat to go with his new fancy hat.

Noah is meditating to 'elevate' his mind.  Dude, you would need to meditate more than the Dalai Lama for that to happen.

I noticed Noah 'meditating' in the background before they ever mentioned it - I was laughing so hard, hoping they would bring it up later.  Sure enough, the Brown's never let an opportunity pass to make sure we know that Noah is the enlightened one of this group.  That's kinda like saying Slash is the sober one in the band.  Sorry Slash.

Matt's hair is looking REAL wonky in some of those talking heads.  

The youngest girl still has her makeup gun set to 'stripper working Tuesday lunch shift'.

Bear looks better with that droopy mustache shaved off.

Gabe still manages to get cash for the steroids.

• Love 1

During the "looking for women" episodes, they were living in Hoonah, not Sitka.  I've been to Hoonah and am going back next year.  It's a small town, but some of the online rumors are that they live in town with the crew, and the whole "building a cabin" and "living in the wilderness" are pretty much just the equivalent of acting on location for these folks.  

They claim to be unfamiliar with technology, but a couple of the boys have had youtube/website presences for over 7 years (now removed).  Billy is said to be worth half a million dollars.

• Love 1

I missed the most recent episode and will have to watch when shown again.

Beden-As to their lack of winter clothes - I would bet  my pay check they have all the warm clothes they need at their house in town where they live with the crew when filming.

Billy inhert. a ton of money when his parents died in the plane crash. So, I am not surprised to hear he is worth $500,000.

As to people thinking it is easy living in the bush due to the show - let them try ! No tv crew to help or pay them and they will find out fast enough what bs the show is. Any new info on the court case?

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1

Rumors of the show being cancelled by Discovery due to the latest legal problems of the Browns.

The youngest girl still has her makeup gun set to 'stripper working Tuesday lunch shift'.

Bear looks better with that droopy mustache shaved off

Xena, ITA.  I find it interesting that whenever they show Rain's hands there's always some chipped nail polish on her fingers, in the latest episode both girls were sporting new looking headbands. Didn't realize they had access to nail polish in the bush.    Bear does look better w/o his droopy mustache, now if Billy could lose his - I just want to reach through the TV and cut those droopy mustache ends off.  They are so disgusting - reminds me of a walrus.

Ami has some type of severe cervical arthritis that is very painful and there's suggestion that she no longer could "live" in the bush-  Apparently surgery was suggested, but Ami declined.  Most likely, she doesn't want to give up the paycheck she's getting from Discovery.  Both she and Billy look to be pretty shaky when it comes to their health; I wondered when she was in the hospital how they were going to pay for it.  Now knowing Billy has some cash from his book sales, cheating the state of Alaska etc. I don't wonder anymore. The way this family has been acting their attorneys may be taking a nice chunk of their cash.  I wouldn't be surprised if her illness and even Billy's seizure were staged.  If they lose their lawsuit and have to go to jail, and if Discovery does cancel the show, I see them using Ami's illness as a way to move out of Brown Town. 

I've never been a fan of Billy - think he's a very selfish man - if his seizures are real he needs to get some medical attention, but no, he'd rather sit back and watch his kids to "step it up" now that he and Ami aren't in good shape health wise. 

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 3

Beden-As to their lack of winter clothes - I would bet  my pay check they have all the warm clothes they need at their house in town where they live with the crew when filming.

Billy inhert. a ton of money when his parents died in the plane crash. So, I am not surprised to hear he is worth $500,000.

Yup, I'm guessing that you're right as rain about having reasonable clothes back at the lodge they actually live in while filming. I just don't see the point of having them dress in ridiculously unsuitable garments while filming. It's not macho or bush--it's stupid, IMO.

And, maybe it's just me but $500K, while a nice chunk of change I wouldn't turn down, just isn't that much money over the 40 or so years since his family died. Between 9 people and a lot of traveling, bad investments (leaky, old boats), legal, dental and medical bills that would go fast..assuming that they actually pay their bills, I mean. It will be interesting to see how their various legal and medical problems play out. Whether the parents medical problems are real or simply convenient I've no idea but they would certainly serve as an excuse to regretfully suspend the show, as would jail time for a few family members. I've no idea how much the family is paid for their appearing in the show--I'd love to know--but if production really wants to keep the show going then a relatively few thousand dollars shouldn't be a huge problem.

I think that the bigger problem may be the various scandals coming out; Matt's drunken hook up/ hit and run, the Alaskan payout scam and that kind of thing. As the old saying goes, 'it just doesn't look'. I don't know that they're up there with child molesters but it's not anything I'd want on my resume.

And I find Rainy's over the top bush make up sort of cute. She's young, she's experimenting and she's probably having fun with it. Back in the day my son put blue streaks in his hair (this was a decade before it was on every second person you see on the street). His conservative teachers were appalled, I told them that it's just hair and of little importance. Rain can wash her face when she tires of the technicolor look. Just a kid being a kid.

• Love 3

I would not be surprised if Billy and Ami's illnesses are real. They both look really worst for the wear - much older than their actual ages of 62 for Billy and 52-53 for Ami.

Somehow, Matt looks younger than most of the boys except maybe Noah. I think he and Little Miss Christmas look alike.

I did feel sorry for Billy after the friend who visited them was showing the pictures of Billy's parents and sister. Billy was a good looking kid back than. That was a lot for a 16 year old to deal with. I do find it hard to believe that he went to a home for boys, because he was also talking about his grandparents. I really don't believe anything they say as the truth until it can be proven as such. Do we have the big finale coming up this week?

• Love 1

been watching this circus for last 2 seasons, enjoy all of your observations, truly some of the real hearty laughs I've had lately.   So don't know how to put it all into my own words.  I too feel embarrassed by my twisted loyalty to this show, no doubt driven by my own dysfunctional childhood, my foolhardy attempts to connect with my own socially inept parents, and my general feeling of being somehow "different" from most.  but for the love of pete, this family is the cream of some kind of alien hybrid crop. I think half the reason I watch this crapfest is to feel more "sophisticated".  And on that point, they have succeeded beyond my expectations.   

• Love 2

Cyclops--you may have finally distilled the reason we all love this mess so much (as well as the conversatio0ns on this board...). It's a clusterfuck, no question, but a damn entertaining one. I shall rue the day it's finally canceled due to legal problems or some other problem.

• Love 2

No, didn't notice the cell phone (continuity must have screwed up) but while watching the boys make their various deliveries all I could think of was the 4 Stooges. Bam runs the ship into the dock pilings (Christ on a bike--any moron knows that you approach a dock at dead slow if you're not comfortable running the ship), causing damage we never see. Due to Bam's incompetency they have to tie to a floating dock and ferry washing machines to shore via a small skiff. They have to cut down a huge tree before they can load the not yet started sculpture for a delivery, they clumsily flirt with the local (hired by casting) fair maidens. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Noah takes his conveniently, just happen to have, huge, pristine water tanks and uses them to install running water in the cabin. Mom is surprised with his fabulous addition to the homestead--clearly knew about it or was just filming her 75th take about it--gives the most apathetic reaction ever--and goes back to her knitting or whatever.

I'm starting to think that there may be some sharks in the local water they're getting ready to jump. Also, while watching Bam almost total the Integrity, all I could think of was if he was distracted, worried about maybe having to do jail time for his theft.

• Love 1

I'm starting to think that there may be some sharks in the local water they're getting ready to jump. Also, while watching Bam almost total the Integrity, all I could think of was if he was distracted, worried about maybe having to do jail time for his theft.

Or they were planning on selling it for scrap after the season, intentionally rammed it for effect once they were done principal photography, and edited it in.  Or at least that's the narrative in my imagination.

• Love 2

OK Noah where's the fantastic insulation invention for that 3 miles worth of hose you put between the home and the crik' .  Or are we saving the snafu for a special winter episode where all the pipes and hosing freezes and bursts and they're suddenly trapped in the cabin with no water (Suspense! Will they have to melt snow and ice to survive!).

The hauling business was confusing.  They're not even trying to be consistent anymore, they're either days from other humans and help and modern comforts (Bird: Pizza) or they're a short half hour boat ride from the next settlement.  It's oh so far away or it's close enough for the last set or womenfolk/potential grandbaby makers to kayak to.

I did not hear about Matt's drunk driving issue - links anyone?

• Love 1

Shouldn't Matt or Bam have a USCG license if they are doing commercial hauling?  And maybe Gabe would need to be a licensed marine engineer?  

Doesn't seem like they'd bring much money home hauling picnic tables, flooring, appliances and chainsaw bears.  I would hope that the boat would be worth in the real world about $300/hr crewed and operated.  So for that price, who would hire them for independent piss ant hauling jobs like they just did?

• Love 1

28. Do I need a US Coast License to perform boat deliveries?

As long as there are no passengers for hire on board the vessel, a Captain's license is not required by the US Coast Guard, unless having a USCG is a condition of employment for the delivery. Likewise, there can be no implied compensation on behalf of the owner for transporting guests (such as sales promotions or business related activity). However, many of the insurance companies require that the vessel owner hire a licensed Captain to perform the delivery.

If you are considering providing a delivery service, please remember that you should be placed on the owner's insurance policy for the duration of your trip as "other named insured" to protect yourself and the owner in the event that there are damages sustained during your trip.

Answered myself.  But then the question becomes of the film crew.  Discovery or who ever is paying the Browns, and probably picking up the bill for the boat.  Certainly their little delivery jobs probably don't pay for fuel.  

So the passengers (film crew) could be thought of as paying passengers, and a USCG license would be required.

OK Noah where's the fantastic insulation invention for that 3 miles worth of hose you put between the home and the crik' . Or are we saving the snafu for a special winter episode where all the pipes and hosing freezes and bursts and they're suddenly trapped in the cabin with no water.

So they can't get water where the dead fish are, but magically when the water comes to them, they won't have to worry about whether it's contaminated. Out of sight, out of mind!

Anyone notice that when Billy was working in the "kitchen", there were 8 outlets (2 banks of 2, one bank of 4) and two light switches? Thats not Noah-rigged-a-bush-light, that's up to code, wired through the walls, modern household electricity.

And speaking of Noah (my least favorite person on television), I'm remembering him showing his "experiments" last week. Apparently pinning a bat and putting it in a jar is an "experiment", despite the fact that he didn't do anything with it. He too dumb to even pretend to be the genius the family thinks he is.

• Love 3

Anyone notice that when Billy was working in the "kitchen", there were 8 outlets (2 banks of 2, one bank of 4) and two light switches? Thats not Noah-rigged-a-bush-light, that's up to code, wired through the walls, modern household electricity.

I noticed that too.

And speaking of Noah (my least favorite person on television), I'm remembering him showing his "experiments" last week. Apparently pinning a bat and putting it in a jar is an "experiment", despite the fact that he didn't do anything with it. He too dumb to even pretend to be the genius the family thinks he is.

He's gotten really used to this bunch of half wits telling how smart he is, cane and all.

• Love 2

I did not hear about Matt's drunk driving issue - links anyone?

http://starcasm.net/archives/336006

My favorite part?  From the assisting officer; "Brown denied being in a crash, drinking, or using drugs. He smelled strong like a homeless person and I could not smell any alcohol on him. I asked Brown why he was acting weird, and he said he had Attention Disorder Deficit."

• Love 2

My opinion of the family is now even lower after watching tonight, where they had to get a tow ashore because of water in the fuel.  That is a very basic issue, and one that any one with even a slight modicum of diesel experience should have been able to diagnose just from the helm.

Checking the oil and the condition of the fuel filter and seperator should be done every day at start up.  This is what Gabe is there for, yet Matt had to explain the situation to him while they were in dock.  If there isn't a gross amount of water in the fuel tank, then what ever what ever was in the seperator accumulated there over time, which indicates it was ignored for a long time.

This family at sea is an accident waiting to happen, they are clearly not trained at all.  Everything they know is monkey see, monkey do.  

They don't have a functional captain, and now we've established that they don't have a functional engineer.

My guess is they have an algae problem in their fuel tank.  Common enough, and easy to solve.

Edited by Rock knocker

I was also appalled by their incompetence dealing with pulling up the fishing line, getting in each others way, yet again bickering. They were talking about hauling in enough to feed everyone for a season or a few months or whatever--that little string of fish wouldn't be enough to feed that mob for more than a few days, if that. It looked like they fished for a few hours then went home. Sure they did. Yet another manufactured plot device. I also was annoyed by their attempts to bearproof the camp as they left--the previews showed the place destroyed. People who are allegedly used to living in the bush would have more than a tiny clue about how to do that. I live in an area with eastern black bears (granted not the same thing as grizzlies, but still, a 700 lb bear isn't a house cat...). Competent Bearproofing can be done if you're not an idiot. They made such a big deal about living in an area with the highest bear density in the world and yet....

Seriously, this show is starting to get on my last nerve. It's beyond clearly scripted (yes, hard to believe, but I think that it is), these people are so far from what they're being represented as and I don't find playing stupid to be cute or entertaining.

And who assigns someone as captain who's never even tried to dock a large ship? Of course he slammed the dock (twice), Mr Bam doesn't have the slightest idea of what he's doing and the production people even had the helicopter in place to film his (or his stunt double's) hitting the pier, likely expecting it as written in scene 37A.

Sorry for sounding cranky, but this is making me feel cranky.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 2

ABP--the drinking game.

Take one shot when:

- Billy is tickled by something

- Someone gets hurt

- The show stops and reviews what what just happened OR will happen next for at least 1 minute.

I've also noticed that at least Rainy (and possibly others) has been the same age (12) since the show began.  Snowbirds age has changed, from 18.  I'm binge watching, so these things stick out to me.

What happened to the Lorcan?  It was taking on water, they put a For Sale sign in a window, and they just left it to sink at the dock.

• Love 1

Is it just me or is this forum (and not just the forum for this show) having problems posting? Recent posts which I read and responded to--politely--are missing here and elsewhere.

Problems with the site?

Damn, I not a hunter but you make a darn good point about that.

The deer are all on the eastern seaboard, eating everything which isn't nailed down. 'Last I heard, the eastern herd numbers around 20 million. I'm mean enough to let the dog out ("Go get'em, Roger!") when they're--again--in my yard, pooping and munching away. They don't even look up when I go out to get the morning paper, 3 feet away from them. Not to worry, he never catches, just chases them and comes back proud as punch at himself.

Yes, Billy is a moron, but one who's managed to score himself and the wolfpack (sorry but how stupid is that and the howling? I mean, seriously.) a big ole bunch of bucks by playing dumb and silly. Dumb as a fox or just stupid, blind lucky?

BTW, I missed the drama about the 3 rifle shots because my youngun chose that moment to call. Did I miss anything aside from tune in next week and see what the fuss is about?

We have a lot of deer in my area too. My neighbor also let her dog chase the deer, which is illegal here thankfully. The dog always chased the deer until the day the deer chased back and killed the dog. I would never let my dog chase a deer. It's not fair to the deer or the dog.

• Love 1

Last week when I was getting my hair cut at my beauty salon, I saw In Touch magazine. It had a cover story on the Brown's. They interviewed neighbors who said the whole show is staged by disco and the Brown's live in a house in town. Disco "bought" the island and has helped them build the house. The neighbor claimed EVERYTHING is staged. No surprise here.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1

With respect, I think we should agree to disagree on this. While certainly beautiful animals, the deer in my area (and state) are so over populated that starvation is too common in the winter for them--necessitating a humane hunting season to cull the herd. They cause countless serious car accidents and spread disease. My dog is incapable of actually catching a deer and wouldn't know what to do with one if, by some miracle, he did get a hold of one--he poses no threat to the white-tails, nor do they to him or any other dog I've ever seen here. Also, the deer in my yard (and all the other yards)  are so semi-domestictaed that they rightly have no fear of either people or dogs and rarely even bother to look up as you approach them...they are commonly referred to as giant rats by many of the locals who often find them to be a nuisance. .

I'm mean enough to let the dog out ("Go get'em, Roger!") when they're--again--in my yard,

The above was a joking comment, I'm neither mean nor an animal abuser, devoting many hours to animal rescue and my dog has chased--and not gotten close to--a deer twice in the many years I've owned him.

Again, with respect, I suggest that we keep OT comments (my own included) off this forum.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

There is also a severe deer over-population here in NJ. They are everywhere, to the point that I wonder how they got there as it is not near any wooded area(ie: on the side of roads,etc). They come in people's back yards are spotted on highways and spread lyme disease. We have a "controlled hunt" to try and control the over population. My nephew's car was totaled when he hit a deer who came out of nowhere and ran into his car. They are beautiful animals but do not belong in the suburbs.

• Love 1

Deer are not domesticated. Even if they were, eventually they'll get tired of being chased. I'm sorry, but its true, I've seen it happen with my own eyes. They get tired of being chased and they attack. It's not about the dog getting close, its that the deer will turn around and chase back.

It was a few years ago but I still hear the cries of that poor dog as the deer killed him.

Edited by Maharincess

They really think we are gullible. Just unbelievable.  I really feel sorry for anyone who believes this shit.  I watch for shits and giggles but tonight really stretched that. No shit Matt, a bear gets too close-geez, didn't one get in the house?  Please explain how the chickens and cat survived the bears?  Seems that a bear would go after a chicken before eating a tin can.  WTH was on top of the table and how many times will Billy tell us about the damn bears?  Shit, you moved into their house not vice versa.

Think next week will be the last of the show.  All tore up and crying.  Shit, everyone knows that you don't live in that house full time.  Never have, never will.  Never gone without either.  

Amy, so glad that you got some toofers. Bitch and whine about how much your mouth hurts and how nice it is to have your new toofers, remember that your mouth got that way because you wouldn't take care of your own teeth.  Guess it is easier to take care of store bought toofers than God given teeth.  Toothpaste and toothbrush go a long way in making sure your mouth don't hurt and your teeth don't rot out of your mouth.  Dental hygiene does not rank in the Brown family.  Can you imagine the bad breath from them.  YUCK and they think someone wants to kiss on them?   Not enough toothpaste nor mouthwash.

• Love 1

I agree with everything you wrote, double that and say Amen, Iluvobx.

Yes, indeedy, they moved to a probably leased by the production company piece of land over populated with big ole' bears. They moved there, their own little piece of paradise, as we're constantly reminded. Okay, no they didn't, they moved into a guest lodge in town a half hour away and go there for filming. Either way, it's them invading the bears turf. I've also wondered how those chickens and cats survived. Okay, maybe the cats are just visiting along with the Browns but I've wondered how those chickens made it--though it appears that next week they come to a sad end. Aside from bears, I'd be willing to assume that there are foxes there and I've seen what a fox in the hen house can do. It isn't a pretty thing. And no, not my hen house; a neighbor's. Of course this could be the excuse to close down Browntown and try again someplace else. Again.

And bears break into the house again? No kidding. A flimsy, looks like a hollow core door as a main front door? No need to go through a window, a good smack from a bear and that would have been kindling.

So next week is the season finale; has anyone heard or seen if this mess has been renewed? I mean, what with Matt's arrest record now out, the falsifying state subsidies trial upcoming and all, I'm wondering if the plug has been pulled or not. Will we ever find out if Arizona Girl writes to whichever brother it was? Will true love reign?

It's nice that Mom has her new, teeth, though. One step in the right direction.

• Love 2

They really think we are gullible. Just unbelievable.  I really feel sorry for anyone who believes this shit.  I watch for shits and giggles but tonight really stretched that.

I could totally get behind a show that touted itself as "strangers go to the bush and figure out how to live". That's exactly what's going on here, as no one (maybe Billy?) acts like they know what they're doing. The 30 year old adult men are still asking their dad how to do things, and this family that supposedly has lived off of venison for years teaches the 12 and 20 year old women how cure hide...and discuss what they might do with it. If you had actually "lived wild" all your life, don't you think you would have started wearing free deer hide, rather than going into town to pay for the denim and biker jackets that won't keep you warm?

• Love 3

Okay, let's review;

• 30+ year old men, still living at home with no significant others, still looking to their father to tell them everything and won't make a move without instructions
  • a family of supposedly experienced professional fishermen who don't know how to run or dock a largish ship
  • and who get their nets caught in the prop
  • a supposed bush family who have yet shown any ability to built an appropriate home in the wild
  • said family is unable to prepare for a harsh winter, always caught out with bad weather a day late and a dollar short
  • haven't a clue about procuring or storing food for winter
  • or wood
  • or protecting needed tools
  • or having backups or replacement parts for their tools
  • repeated purchases of old, in poor repair boats/ships which cause endless problems or sink
  • repeatedly under or poorly dressed for the conditions
  • lost the crab pot because they failed to know the depth of the water then got lost trying to locate it, causing a rescue operation to find them
  • dental hygiene? Ha. Causing several emergency trips to town and (supposedly) barter to pay for treatment
  • allegedly unfamiliar with modern conveniences but evidently have (had) facebook pages and youtube videos posted
  • seemingly went through last winter with a (torn) tarp as roof on the house they supposedly built themselves (sure they did)
  • finally replaced the roof tarp with luckily found used tin sheeting--during a rain storm instead of just waiting a day to work more safely on a dry surface
  • not a clue about bear proofing
  • like a bear couldn't get into either of their hen houses?
  • tried to start a hauling business with an inappropriate boat which isn't rigged or outfitted for the job

There's lots more...anyone want to jump in here?

• Love 2