Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four General Discussion

Season started last night (11 November).

We had a lumber shortage crisis.     So they cut down a big tree to make into boards.   So everyone can build their own house.  let's see how CLOSE they can build to their parents'   house.      hurry, have to get it floating today!

was it "acting", or was that son really reluctant to be the chainsaw-er?

where did they get that 100 meter (+) strong rope?    

at the distant sawmill operation, I hope that cutting saw was a special model, because I think a lot of very long cuts would be hard on a regular chainsaw.   overheating, for example.

so half the clan goes off on a medical evac.   why not just the two parents?    

so the guys stay and wait for word.    they catch some fish.   they put the fish in a cooler (ice, too, iirc).     how many days did they expect to keep the fish in that cooler before it spoiled?   did they cook any on the boat?    I really don't remember.

was that a quick shot of the guys in the living compartment on the boat?  it did not look finished.   why would it not be finished by now?   maybe I saw it wrong.     of course the radio conversation is vague, because tv suspense.

you want fish.    you "live"  at that great location by the water.    why isn't someone fishing there regularly?

we're going to see night cam footage of that bear all season.    don't worry, I don't think anyone actually lives in that house.   ;)

1xaUfla.jpg

Edited by clod
  • Love 2

Hi Clod--just moving a post I stupidly placed in Season 3--thanks for starting this new thread.

Just checking in after last night's premier.

Well...same old, same old. The boys are each building individual homes for themselves without enough lumber, causing the crisis du jour. Of course they are. Ami has whatever is wrong with her, necessitating emergency hospitalization. No idea what's the problem with her but the previews for next week show the boys all back at the homestead doing whatever they do while the cameras are rolling. The boys can't deal with anything for more than twelve seconds without squabbling until dad tells them to buck up, cut the crap and behave themselves. They caught fish but wasn't the smoker destroyed by bears at the end of last season? Did Noah find another abandoned file cabinet to make a new one?

The youngest girl, again, seemed like the oldest, most mature kid..and I find her too heavy make up sort of cute--reminds me of the teenager next door, growing up and trying new things. Oh, and Noah's limp is real because of a torn tendon.

However, I am getting seriously tired of their pissing and moaning about being broke when everyone on the planet knows that they're getting some pretty decent money for this BS.

Any thoughts?

• Love 3

Matt has really gotten grey over the break.  He's still heads & shoulders above all the other boys (ha...boys!) in the looks department though.  

I noticed the too-heavy make-up on MerryHappyThanksgivingwhilewe'reatitChristmas as well.  She makes her own out of bonfire ash, wildflowers and toad testicles, don'tchaknow.

Something about Bear ... I just love him to pieces.  As much as I can love anyone who is, well, like Bear.

Here's to watching another season of a show I swore I wouldn't!

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 3

Genius Noah couldn't affix a chainsaw to a ladder, both items known to be in Browntown? That tree was good for about 2 boards. Saran Wrap chateaus for everybrown!

Bird and ChanukkahMcBoxingDay want a playground? When I was 12, I was thinking about how I could convince high school booooys I was 16. We won't even talk about what I was doing at 20, or however old Bird is.

Billy annoys the ever loving fuck out of me. Bear & Ami & Noah, too. I'm here for the Matt/Bam arguments.

Also we play a REALLY EXTREME game of tag called... TAG!

• Love 2

So they made a contrived wish list of all the "projects" that need lumber, and then it HAS TO BE DONE TODAY THERE'S NO TIME. Because reasons. And these seasoned people who have been on boats all their lives didn't think to tie the logs on in a train? 

These people have always been awkward, but this episode more than any other seemed very staged and rehearsed. I mean, they're always going in to manufactured crises, but this time it seemed like they were delivering actually rehearsed lines, rather than just "reacting" to the scenario. 

I was fascinated to see Noah dispense a muscle relaxant in a hospital...That's not a thing that would ever happen, so they can't possibly be in a medical facility. Of course "no one knows" what's wrong. They did all the tests, and not one person with a license stopped by to say what they were testing for? Makes me suspect it's just a pulled muscle (hence the muscle relaxant dispensed at home) and they're just playing everything up for the cameras.

• Love 1

Billy said Matt was "childlike, if you want to call it." I call it extremely immature and stunted developmentally. They all seem to have some degree of mental instability. I agree with whoever said Noah has been put in the slot of "intelligent" probably because he did something smart one time, a long time ago. I don't see much use for any of his inventions, especially the retracting mobile monocle or whatever it was. And don't even get me started on their accents. I really, really dislike these people and this show! Why can't I quit watching them?

Edited by CN42
  • Love 2

I was fascinated to see Noah dispense a muscle relaxant in a hospital...That's not a thing that would ever happen, so they can't possibly be in a medical facility. Of course "no one knows" what's wrong. They did all the tests, and not one person with a license stopped by to say what they were testing for? Makes me suspect it's just a pulled muscle (hence the muscle relaxant dispensed at home) and they're just playing everything up for the cameras.

With respect, Noah didn't hand mom the relaxant at home, they were still in whatever medical facility they had her in. That's why the boys (kill me....I occasionally call my 27 year old son my youngun or tease him as my little boy but, cripes; I accept that he's an adult with his own life, full time job and live in GF.) had to go home with their salmon fillets and keep the home fires burning despite the fact that they're so worried about their Ma that they could hardly think.

And no, I'm no doctor but I'd also guess a pulled muscle, pinched nerve or maybe a slipped disc. I'll even grant that she may be in real pain (I know, I know...) but I'm also assuming that they took her to wherever they are to seek real medical help in the form of actual doctors. Someone prescribed those meds.

Unless they bartered some fish for them.

Edited by Beden

I must have missed the hospital scene.

weren't the guys supposed to wait where they were until contacted?       iirc, the scene showed them boating home, and then getting a radio call.   were they still anchored when they got the radio call?   (hazy memory)

ok, I watched a little of the rerun.    I saw the muscle relaxer scene.   I would bet that the docs already knew what was wrong, before they issued muscle relaxers.

radio convo seemed fake.    the show set it up as taking place while the boat was well underway.

• Love 1

Billy annoys the ever loving fuck out of me. Bear & Ami & Noah, too. I'm here for the Matt/Bam arguments.

I totally agree, Billy seems to be even more annoying than ever this season. (his ugly mustache he's got makes me wish I could grab him thru the TV and cut it). IMO he's the picture of selfishness.       Don't get why they had to get the logs so quickly out to the boat, like mmmsoap said, why didn't they train those logs - they did something last season when they got the lumber for the house.

Genius Noah couldn't affix a chainsaw to a ladder, both items known to be in Browntown?

I thought the same thing. So much for self-sufficiency.  How did he get such an affected accent?

I go back & forth between Bam & Matt - again I wonder how much of their arguments are staged for the camera?  I am getting really tired of the Brown's petty problems, but again like a car-wreck, I just can't seem to stop watching.

• Love 3

Imagine my disappointment that these scam artists have managed to slide through with minimal penalty. Call me silly but in my little mind theft is a bad thing, so are lying and misrepresentation. Of course, I'm one of those wimps who live in the lower 48.

Yep, saw last night's episode and, crikey, I'm still amazed at the willingness of these people to be portrayed as being that stupid on camera. They got the main logs for the cabin (they didn't build) to the site with minor problems but couldn't remember how to tie the logs this time so almost burned out the boat's engine. Winter will be there in a few months but they decide to take days off to play tag. The main house still doesn't have a real roof, tarps rot out and don't last forever but all the boys are intent on building their individual homesteads. The main house has a front door--wait!, it's still a flap. Oh no--it's a door again! They've been living bush forever but can't build a cold storage area for the food they don't have. AND Matt puts it god knows where. In my granddaddy's 200+ year old farm house, it was located in the basement, all safe and sound from roaming animals and easy to get to. That hole in the ground will be frozen and buried with how much snow next winter? Easy to get that smoked salmon and nonexistant deer? Uh-huh.

Dumb and dumber and I'm still hooked. I'm so embarrassed...

• Love 5

so where were they living when they stole the money?   btw, stealing that much around here would get you some county jail time.

I wonder if they all budgeted for out of state hunting and fishing licenses.   those would be more expensive.    if they planned on having licenses at all.     

four of them have the charges dismissed.   huh.    

they called in from Seatlle.     does that mean they aren't wintering with the bears in Alaska?

• Love 1

Incredibly poor, I will repeat, incredibly poor etiquette to look for game by using your rifle scope.  Just a bunch of poorly educated feral grifters who have no idea what is right, smart or safe.  How would you like to be another hunter and notice some dim wit sighting down on you with their rifle?

• Love 4

The charges against Ami and all the other kids will be dismissed as part of the plea agreement. Ami and the others will have to pay the money back and do 20 hours of Community Service. Billy and BamBam will have to do 40 Community Service, and pay back all money owed. The Judge ruled they can not film them doing the CS.  Billy was not in court and entered the guilty plea from Seattle. They accepted money from 2009-212. Don't think any of us would come off so lucky. Scammers got off lucky. I wonder how it was worked out that those two would take the fall. I guess they must have received the most money.

Beden-Dom't be embarrassed - for some reason we are all hooked. I guess it is because we can't believe people can be so stupid and will do ANYTHING for money. Wonder how disco will handle this. I would love for everything to come out as a result of this: where they live and what they actually do, if they work at all, for a living.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 2

Incredibly poor, I will repeat, incredibly poor etiquette to look for game by using your rifle scope.  Just a bunch of poorly educated feral grifters who have no idea what is right, smart or safe.  How would you like to be another hunter and notice some dim wit sighting down on you with their rifle?

Damn, I not a hunter but you make a darn good point about that.

A mountaintop is not a likely place for deer to be hanging out

The deer are all on the eastern seaboard, eating everything which isn't nailed down. 'Last I heard, the eastern herd numbers around 20 million. I'm mean enough to let the dog out ("Go get'em, Roger!") when they're--again--in my yard, pooping and munching away. They don't even look up when I go out to get the morning paper, 3 feet away from them. Not to worry, he never catches, just chases them and comes back proud as punch at himself.

Yes, Billy is a moron, but one who's managed to score himself and the wolfpack (sorry but how stupid is that and the howling? I mean, seriously.) a big ole bunch of bucks by playing dumb and silly. Dumb as a fox or just stupid, blind lucky?

BTW, I missed the drama about the 3 rifle shots because my youngun chose that moment to call. Did I miss anything aside from tune in next week and see what the fuss is about?

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

The Judge ruled they can not film them doing the CS.

That right there is the real punishment.   For these fame strumpet grifters, not being able to be seen is the worst thing imaginable.

Entered the plea from Seattle?   But, but, but, these folks live out in the wild away from people.    They would never go near a major US city.   Surely not.   I'm so disillusioned.

• Love 1

They didn't live in Alaska those three years hence the fraud charges. Instead texas and colorado. There are some pretty remote barren locations in both states one could live off the wild without electricity from wires for years or even a lifetime and only come into a nearby town every few months for stuff that would be needed. As for Seattle its how you get to Alaska by boat. They have relatives in Texas. 

https://www.adn.com/article/20151118/alaskan-bush-people-stars-plead-guilty-lying-pfd-forms

• Love 1

Billy and Ami are both from Texas. I would bet they lived there a long time before they moved to Alaska. So sad I am not going to be able to see Billy and BamBam walking along the roads of Alaska picking up garbage for their community service.

• Love 1

Ami went out about bought herself some new toofers (teeth).
Guess she went to town to be fitted for them.
SMH as to why I still watch this show. I dvr and then watch, that way I can fast forward through Billy's shit.

Edited by iluvobx
  • Love 1

So sad I am not going to be able to see Billy and BamBam walking along the roads of Alaska picking up garbage for their community service.

Apparently the judge agrees with you.  The plea has been rejected.

http://www.adn.com/article/20151119/alaskan-bush-people-stars-plea-agreement-rejected-judge

I like this little tid bit:

Attorneys for the Browns argued for the plea deal, saying that the publicity the case has gotten has already hurt the family who created a career out of being Alaskans -- a punishment outside of the agreement.

"Among the other little bits of pain that these people have to suffer there’s also the public ridicule and the humiliation," (the Brown's attorney) said.

Edited by Rock knocker
  • Love 1

Ami went out about bought herself some new toofers (teeth).

Guess she went to town to be fitted for them.

SMH as to why I still watch this show. I DNR and then watch, that way I can fast forward through Billy's shit.

AMI got new teef?  They should have fixed Bird's snaggletooth first!

I would love for Disco to acknowledge the lawsuits on the show, but that would blow their carefully designed TV personas. Interesting to hear the gossip about Matt being a meth head. That explains a lot. Nothing can explain the accents. Nothing.

• Love 2

they make their money by being publicized.   so more publicity (bad publicity) should not be a reason to let them skate.

totally agree that someone stealing that much from walmart would get jail time.

hard to believe that some charges were dismissed before the deal was accepted.     really?       I expect the sympathetic prosecutor  will file some reduced charge, just to fill the square.   

if the only hardship for being caught stealing over $7,000 is "give it back" and a week of work, let's go do that.    when you factor in the odds of being caught, and the reluctance to prosecute,     sounds like theft could be a good business plan.   you might be able to steal $7000 several times before getting caught once.    steal $28,000 , get caught once, return just $7000, do one week of community service.    yeah.

new thought......   if they MAILED those fraudulent applications from CONUS, would that be federal mail fraud?  (website app might be wire fraud?)

• Love 1
Attorneys for the Browns argued for the plea deal, saying that the publicity the case has gotten has already hurt the family who created a career out of being Alaskans -- a punishment outside of the agreement.

"Among the other little bits of pain that these people have to suffer there’s also the public ridicule and the humiliation," (the Brown's attorney) said.

Well boo hoo hoo - They will suffer public ridicule and humiliation. Don't they suffer that every week the show is shown on tv ?  Please - lets all have a pity party for them.  I am glad the Judge rejected the plea - they deserve some jail time. Our asses would be sitting in jail if we did that.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1

Interesting to hear the gossip about Matt being a meth head.

Say waa??? This new and delicious rumor is new to me. I could believe it but am hesitant to paint anyone with the meth brush without cause. I'm funny that way after a cousin recently and completely falsely accused my youngun of being a heroin addict...my son who is a highly regarded craftsman in his highly technical field, holds 2 long time jobs in his craft--1 full time, 1 part time--pays his bills, feeds his pets, maintains a good rep with his peers and all that stuff addicts seem to have serious problems doing. Oh--and is also adamantly anti hard drugs, cutting off friends who had that particular problem.

Sorry guys, not trying to sound preachy but some lines, IMO, should only be crossed with cause.

Rant over.

Anyone?

• Love 1

I'd never have even considered that for Matt.  I sincerely hope he's not and that it's just a pernicious rumor.  His teeth certainly look too good.  And yes, no one should be falsely accused of that.  

Also, this judge who rejected their plea deal sounds like he's had about enough of these BS Alaska shows.  

AMI got new teef?  They should have fixed Bird's snaggletooth first!

I would love for Disco to acknowledge the lawsuits on the show, but that would blow their carefully designed TV personas. Interesting to hear the gossip about Matt being a meth head. That explains a lot. Nothing can explain the accents. Nothing.

She did!  I noticed them in her TH and because I dvr the show, I went back to make sure.  She now has all of her teef no more toof here, big ass hole then another toof.  Maybe Bird is next on list after they pull that snaggle.  

I'm curious about the Matt/Bam dynamic. These two can't seem to be within 5 feet of each other without them fighting. And in normal families one of them would just leave the situation. Yet Billy wants his boys to never leave and makes sure they all know it. But their bickering has to be hard for everyone to be around. I guess this is why Matt keeps building his own plastic house, or house in a log or whatever.

And I still think there is something wrong with Bear. That boy just aint right...

• Love 1

The thing about the Alaskan general fund that is welfare in Alaska is that tons of people steal from it all the time and are never charged. You have to live there in Alaska the full year you apply for  be paid that year. So no working elsewhere no vacations outside Alaska. Guess what most Alaskans that get money don't stay in Alaska 365 days the year they apply for. 

• Love 1

The thing about the Alaskan general fund that is welfare in Alaska is that tons of people steal from it all the time and are never charged. You have to live there in Alaska the full year you apply for  be paid that year. So no working elsewhere no vacations outside Alaska. Guess what most Alaskans that get money don't stay in Alaska 365 days the year they apply for. 

You have no idea of what you're talking about.

None.

https://pfd.alaska.gov/Eligibility/Absence-Guidelines

General Rule

You may be absent from Alaska in a calendar year for up to 180 days for any reason and still be eligible for a dividend, as long as you meet all other requirements of the program.

For certain absences, you may still be eligible for a dividend even though you are absent from Alaska for more than 180 days. These absences are referred to as "allowable absences" and are described under the Allowable Absences section below.

• Love 1

You have no idea of what you're talking about.

None.

https://pfd.alaska.gov/Eligibility/Absence-Guidelines

Notice the other guild lines. Most people violate those nor inform that they were absent for the exceptions to get the funds. Fraud of that fund is very common as is people in Alaska using the fund money to buy illegal drugs. Drug dealers love the day the of the general fund check because they make more money up there in a day then they do in five years in the mainland. 

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/08/alaska-budget-crisis/402775/the fund amount is lowering every year and Alaskans are worrying their welfare check may cease to exist.

http://juneauempire.com/local/2015-08-12/ex-cop-coastie-accused-pfd-fraud

http://juneauempire.com/stories/100905/sta_20051009032.shtml#.Vk9kYnarTcs48% of reported tips are found to be valid. Makes you wonder how many unreported fraud there is. 

The fact is you are allowed to leave Alaska and still recieve from the General Fund, unlike the claim you made, that even vacations were not allowed.

You are talking about The Permanent Fund not the General Fund, they are two different things. The PFD was set up to protect the subsurface rights of Alaska Residents, Mineral Rights and Oil Rights. Lower 48 States did not protect these rights and they have suffered. It is the same logic used to form the Native Corporations and to not have Native Reservations.

Yes people commit fraud and buy stupid stuff with the money but the money also sent me to college. Turning people in for fraud is a pretty regular thing but people will always take advantage when they can. I think they should go back to the paper form with real witnesses but that's just my opinion. You can go on vacation and even live outside the state during winter months you just need to have the intention of returning and keeping Alaska as your home.

I want to know when I get my share of the money the stole. They all should have to pay back every dividend ever received and never be eligible again. They are first rate scammers.

Edited by spacefly
  • Love 1

Doesn't public ridicule attach to anyone caught committing a crime?   Why should these scammers get sympathy over that?   You don't want to be held up to public ridicule.   Well there's a real simple solution -- don't commit a crime.   Nobody forced the people to scam from the Fund.   Nobody forced them to submit fraudulent paperwork.   Considering the whole show is premised on these are folks who live in the bush in Alaska and don't need no money or like being around people, that should tell you the level of scam they are willing to perpetuate.

• Love 2

I just read the link up thread. Ami says she wants all this put behind them because she is so worried about her husband's health. Just saw the preview of the medical emergency. You clearly hear Ami saying, "can you see me? Can you hear me?". Wonder if Billy had a heart attack. Has anyone read about it?

• Love 1

No to Matt being a meth head.  He does not look like one nor does he act like he is.

He may be goofy and maybe not playing a full deck.

I actually like Matt better than the others.  

I know I shouldn't be spreading gossip that I can't confirm, but it's all over the internet that Matt's been in and out of rehab for meth. I agree he doesn't look or act like a hardcore case, but I can see some behavior that would be consistent.

Some quick observations:

Chicken grease on your rifle when you have to go to bear country to hunt?  Ummm, are you setting yourself up to be the bait?  You don't think the bears will smell the grease and come and say Hi?

The big guy can carry 3 deer at a time?  LOL  only if they are bambi's. 

Ami is probably on muscle relaxers?  She never does anything.  How did she sprain, or strain something? 

As someone upthread said... Wash the makeup off that 12 yr. old's face. Way too young.  If you  still play with dolls, you  shouldn't be wearing makeup. 

Still a tarp for a front door?  How do they keep the curious little critters from coming in the house?    I would think a door would be one of the more important projects.  Umm they do live in "bear country"...

Noah has to be the weirdest.  Keeping spiders in jars, deer hearts in jars.  Eerything in jars.  Where does he get all those jars and wouldn't the jars be of better use containing food and being stored in the root cellar?

And the root cellar?  Sorry guys but it's pretty shallow.  A real root cellar is deeper in the ground.  The framework is for the roof to keep the dirt from falling in. 

The whole family is odd, and all of their so called inventions have been on the internet for years and years and years. 

• Love 3

Your son sounds like a good kid.

Thanks NEgirl-yes, usually. There are, of course, moments I want to strangle him.

I'm curious about the Matt/Bam dynamic. These two can't seem to be within 5 feet of each other without them fighting. And in normal families one of them would just leave the situation. Yet Billy wants his boys to never leave and makes sure they all know it. But their bickering has to be hard for everyone to be around. I guess this is why Matt keeps building his own plastic house, or house in a log or whatever.

Yes, it is odd and yes, in any normal dynamic one would move away or otherwise distance himself. Either that or, as adults, they would find a way to work out their conflict instead of butting heads 24/7.  I'm wondering if their stunted emotional development is to blame or if it's just a case of needing the $ from the series--a contract which seems to state it's the whole family or the deal is off. If we're to believe the show, Billy seems to have them all so pussy whipped that they would follow him off a cliff. Was it last week ma and Pa were discussing how the kids needed to learn how to fend for themselves since the 'rents wouldn't always be there to hold their hands? The kids are (almost) all in their 20's and 30's. Hell's belles; at 21 I was finished with college and  living on my own, largely supporting myself. My youngun is the same way, working 2 jobs to pay his own bills and making his own decisions.

Just BTW, did anyone see the puff piece about the Browns in this week's People? No mention of the lawsuits or anything which wasn't vetted by the production company's PR people from the look of it; just aren't they amazin', livin' off the land and lovin' each other to death, just like a backwoods Walton clan. Possible spin about the court case? Maybe?

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

Well, I re-watched this weeks show again last night.  I had been switching the channels around on Wednesday so I missed some things like Ami in the clinic/hospital. She was still in the hospital when she was given the muscle relaxer. It sounded like a pinched nerve to me but I'm not a doctor.   I am also curious about the relationship between Matt and Bam. I would venture a guess when not filming "in the wild" they they do not live together and maintain separate residences. In fact, I think the only ones who might live with Billy and  Ami  are the girls  and Noah(the youngest guy).  It never stops amazing me how inept the "boys" are when it comes to doing anything regarding "living in the wild" for having been "raised in the wilds of Alaska".  Oh, the bs just keeps rolling with this show-gotta love it !

• Love 1

I just want to grab Billy but that nasty freaking grubby looking yellowing mess of hair attached to his face and cut it all off.  But at the same time, I can't help but wonder what he's hiding under it.  It can't be a ball-chin, none of the kids have one.

• Love 1