Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Artymouse

Characters We Hate: Nosocomial Infections

Recommended Posts

I had the same view on Amelia but I think since the rumour and Linc they’ve done a mostly good job of revamping the character. Same with Maggie although I still side eye the sister crap.

Worst character prize easily goes to Teddy at the moment. She spent 10 seasons whining about Owen and lurking around his relationships. She finally gets him and cheats on him with Tom who she had already screwed over to get back with Owen.

and that flashback with Alison?? No. Just no.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Still don't like Jo. Never have. Her backstory makes no sense what's so ever. I think her backstory was supposed to be a rich kid and a diva aka "princess", and then the writers decided to give her that tragic backstory which so much of it doesn't make sense.  

I wish she had left with Alex..... 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If Chambers had given any notice I think they might have done that.

Teddy - 100000 times Teddy. She is the worst. Mainly because nobody seems to call her on her shitty behaviour and I think we’re actually supposed to be sympathising with her? Haaaa!!

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

 

Teddy - 100000 times Teddy. She is the worst. Mainly because nobody seems to call her on her shitty behaviour and I think we’re actually supposed to be sympathising with her? Haaaa!!

 

There is NO SAVING her at this point. No matter how much back story she was given and how we are suppose to feel sorry for her and believe her destructive behavior goes back to her "lover" who all cheated together died in 9/11. Even when we we met Teddy's friend, she seem to get over it too, especially after she finally told Teddy, that Alison was "Teddy's true love and not her." Instead of Teddy going: "Well, you are right I need to move on, I have a happy life." It came off as: "Oh No, my true lurv died and I must not make myself miserable no matter what, or how much I wanted Owen back and screw up my happy life because Alison died trying to call me before her death!" The fuck?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have to admit, I never really went along with all the Teddy hate until last season, now I can’t bear any scene that she’s in. At this point in the show there doesn’t seem to be any real reason to keep her in-the ONLY purpose she’s served recently is to help redeem Owens character (in my eyes at least anyway) 

In two seasons she’s managed to destroy Toms character and her own. I used to love Koracik, he was reminiscent of his Ally McBeal character-cocky, funny and deep down with a heart of gold. 
And Teddy herself used to be one of the ‘good guys’ in my eyes, but since more of her back story was revealed she’s gone a bit ‘Jo-esque’ intent on destroying her own and everyone else’s lives just because she considers herself so damaged. 

As for Jo, I can’t even watch her scenes anymore. I hate her character for a start, but the actress and her ridiculous accent have become so terrible that it’s now too cringey to watch 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I have to admit, I never really went along with all the Teddy hate until last season, now I can’t bear any scene that she’s in. At this point in the show there doesn’t seem to be any real reason to keep her in-the ONLY purpose she’s served recently is to help redeem Owens character (in my eyes at least anyway) 

In two seasons she’s managed to destroy Toms character and her own. I used to love Koracik, he was reminiscent of his Ally McBeal character-cocky, funny and deep down with a heart of gold. 
And Teddy herself used to be one of the ‘good guys’ in my eyes, but since more of her back story was revealed she’s gone a bit ‘Jo-esque’ intent on destroying her own and everyone else’s lives just because she considers herself so damaged. 

As for Jo, I can’t even watch her scenes anymore. I hate her character for a start, but the actress and her ridiculous accent have become so terrible that it’s now too cringey to watch 

The problem is, Teddy keeps acting like everything that has happened "isn't her fault" and it's just too much. I mean Owen's confession on his cheating with Christina, while six years too late, at least made sense and he now realizes he is being paid back for being stupid like that. However, at the same time, he doesn't get why Teddy decided to just blow everything up the way she did. As he put it: "You didn't know anything and yet you did this!" 

As for Jo, Alex leaving has now put her into a really horrible place. She finally, finally got rid of her ex-husband both emotionally and the man is dead and died alone and everyone knowing he was an abusive asshole. Then Alex goes and has some half-ass fairy tale ending and she is left with: "Now what?" Her plan is to have a friends with benefits with Jackson and ends up realizing she is just miserable. Ok, writers than have her focus on her career, she is in such a situation where she could pour herself into her job with COVID and then deal her personal life later. But oh no, Jo needs to have someone in her life again. It's one note. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I have to admit, I never really went along with all the Teddy hate until last season, now I can’t bear any scene that she’s in. At this point in the show there doesn’t seem to be any real reason to keep her in-the ONLY purpose she’s served recently is to help redeem Owens character (in my eyes at least anyway) 

In two seasons she’s managed to destroy Toms character and her own. I used to love Koracik, he was reminiscent of his Ally McBeal character-cocky, funny and deep down with a heart of gold. 
And Teddy herself used to be one of the ‘good guys’ in my eyes, but since more of her back story was revealed she’s gone a bit ‘Jo-esque’ intent on destroying her own and everyone else’s lives just because she considers herself so damaged. 

As for Jo, I can’t even watch her scenes anymore. I hate her character for a start, but the actress and her ridiculous accent have become so terrible that it’s now too cringey to watch 

I only disliked Teddy when she kept trying to get between Owen and Cristina. Whenever she acted like she was the only one who could understand what he was going through. I liked her as a teacher, and with Scott Foley. Even with Andrew.

Koracik destroyed his own character. He may have been in love with her, but he chose to sleep with a woman who was getting married. A woman who clearly dumped him when she realized that she could have the man  she really wanted. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/23/2020 at 2:50 PM, Anela said:

I only disliked Teddy when she kept trying to get between Owen and Cristina. Whenever she acted like she was the only one who could understand what he was going through. I liked her as a teacher, and with Scott Foley. Even with Andrew.

Koracik destroyed his own character. He may have been in love with her, but he chose to sleep with a woman who was getting married. A woman who clearly dumped him when she realized that she could have the man  she really wanted. 

It also makes Koracik look stupid. Especially, when he admitted: "I will not be the other guy." Yet, after seeing his ex and the "other son" as I want to call him. He all of a sudden was: "Oh Teddy, I missed my tru lurve, but I can't deal with it because Owen doesn't want you now either, even though I'm partially to blame and now I was demoted, damn you Owen!" Then having it where Tom admits he is just a bad teacher unless he is "cutting someone open" as he put it. They've now turned him into a self pitting idiot. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, readster said:

It also makes Koracik look stupid. Especially, when he admitted: "I will not be the other guy." Yet, after seeing his ex and the "other son" as I want to call him. He all of a sudden was: "Oh Teddy, I missed my tru lurve, but I can't deal with it because Owen doesn't want you now either, even though I'm partially to blame and now I was demoted, damn you Owen!" Then having it where Tom admits he is just a bad teacher unless he is "cutting someone open" as he put it. They've now turned him into a self pitting idiot. 

I was thinking about this again last night, when I put Grey's on, on Netflix, when I was cooking something. It annoys me that they gave her a cheating background, and then had her cheating on Owen, just to have him gain some favour amongst the fans again. Or support/pity/empathy. I don't know, maybe it makes sense for the character, since she was trying to get Owen when he was with Cristina, but it still annoys me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm only up to season 12 (don't mind the spoilers):

Seasons 1-5/6

- Derek - Smug, jerk, a##hat, judgey. I read that he wasn't supposed to be married in the original story, but they changed their minds. He was given the option to divorce Addison and be with Meredith, but didn't then pined after Mer and stalked her. Not to mention when Ellen Pompeo went to him to help support her getting equal pay (she is the star of the show) that PD didn't want to give up a few thousand for her.

- Burke - Tried to make Cristina into someone else and when he finally was about to marry her - leaves her at the altar without a word and then publishes a paper and wins the Harper Avery award because of their work.

- Izzie - The Denny storyline bother me too much, but then ghost Denny; breaks up George & Callie's marriage, which was never really going to work, but really, she was going to fight Callie like this was 5th grade. Then marries Alex and leaves him with bills up the wazoo and then comes back...too much.

Seasons 6-10/11

No one really bothered me, but Derek, of course. How insufferable. And the whole DC plot with the grant and being so mean to Meredith who didn't ask him to stay, but he did and resented her for it, nearly cheating on Mer (only after lab girl picked up the phone?) then comes home and dies, which was fine with me!

Spoiler

Also, really, why are you parked in the middle of a ROAD?????

Also, how much emphasis he placed on family when he never talked to his mom, put down his sisters at any chance, especially Amelia. 

Seasons 10-12 (so far)

JO - PLEASE LEAVE MY SCREEN NOW!!! Get over yourself already!!!! She wasn't so bad when it was the group of interns, but now that they've moved on (RIP Mouse, we barely knew ye, Shane - Smash from Friday Night Lights!, and Leah - buh-bye....) and they're focused on her - ugh. What she did with Stephanie's information like a little tattle-tale and it was true anyway.

April - Another person to get off my screen immediately! She is understandably sad over their baby, but to leave and then come back and not give Jackson any warning and leave again and then come back and expect things to be the same!!! And not listen to him at all. And all the God stuff. Enough already.

 

General:

Meredith - there are times when I'm so annoyed with her, like not contacting Derek's family, and being such a b**** to Amelia who is supposed to be part of her family. Gee, it's not a shock that she might be pissed that you didn't tell her about Derek or try to get her to help when he was dying. I get that she was an only child and her mother wasn't much of a mother to teach her how to be a human being, but she expects the world to just throw rose petals at her feet. 

Maggie - I don't mind her later on as much but when she first came on and expected Meredith to just KNOW that she was her sister and expected Richard to tell her that he was her father immediately was pretty unrealistic. They both just found out about her. It took a whole season for Mer to warm up to Lexi and Lexi died. 

Ellis Grey - What a raging monster/narcissist. So she's a great doctor, but a horrible human being. Basically causes Richard to become an alcoholic (he didn't drink until she sort of forced him to - not entirely her fault), tries to force him to leave his wife, and tries to kill herself on purpose (she knew what she was doing when she did it and didn't seem particularly overwrought) when Meredith was 5 years old. Basically threw Thatcher out of the house - is it bad that I don't blame him for not trying to get in touch with Meredith. I'm sure Ellis would have blocked that.

There were many times that Cristina annoyed me to no end, but thought that Sandra Oh's portrayal helped smooth her over and I couldn't fully hate her, but I liked Teddy's working with her to break her of her bad habits, which carried over to her stint in MN.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size