Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Artymouse

Characters We Hate: Nosocomial Infection

On 1/30/2019 at 5:58 PM, limecoke said:

She seems self-centered, unlikeable and clannish with “her people” to the point it clouds her judgment

Yes to this with all the characters. It’s like high school in that hospital. But don’t forget, they are all pioneers in medicine!

• Like 2

Teddy (I had never seen the early seasons and started watching on netfix, quit mid season 6 cause I hated most of the remaining characters, especially her)

Catherine

Jackson

• Like 2

For current characters:

Teddy

Maggie

Catherine

Amelia -- I liked her OK on Private Practice, not so much on Grey's, though she's been more tolerable post-tumor

I always had a strange fondness for April, even though she seems very unpopular.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MarylandGirl said:

I always had a strange fondness for April, even though she seems very unpopular.

April's a lot more popular than you think. 

• Like 6

I don't like Thatcher and never did.    They're showing the episode after her mother dies, and the stepmother is tracking down Meredith, and getting in her face.    It irritates me that the stepmother asks if Ellis had a funeral, as if she and Thatcher would have gone, and that would be so inappropriate.  I don't know how anyone thinks Thatcher and Meredith could make up for the fact that he never saw her after she was five.     Ellis may have been a formidable, vindictive woman, but he never tried to see Meredith, and didn't even keep track of her.     But he certainly did everything for the second family, and I'm guessing that was his second wife's doing.     How do you forgive and forget many years of abandonment, the way he blamed her for the second wife's death, and the way he treated Meredith after that too was horrible.      

• Like 2

Jo--never a Jo fan though every once in a while they write her as an interesting, full character. Most of the time it is just stuff about living in a car

Minnick of course

Penny of course

April esp early on when she was written as so stupid; she got better later on; I prefer characters that appear to actually be people you can imagine surviving medical school

Stefanie--they wrote her all over the place. I might have liked her with consistent writing.

Maggie--I only like her when they write her as a competent doctor. Focusing on her personal life is always bad and I hate it when she comes across as having the maturity of a 12 year old

Owen--I liked him when he was with Christina at first; once Teddy showed up, it seemed like he fit better with her and I've not been a fan ever since

• Like 1

Was never an Owen fan, but the recurring character I liked the least was Leah in any or her incarnations.

• Like 2

Owen wore out his welcome like ten seasons ago for me and I can’t believe they keep getting rid of characters with more story to tell but they keep this self-centered, irate jerk around. 

• Like 9

I don't care for Teddy when she tries to get closer to Owen, but I like her when doing her normal duties. Also I don't understand why some don't like Lexi, she was one of my favorite characters

• Like 3

I did like Lexi after they stopped having her stalk Meredith.    I'm sure the first few episodes with her were for drama, but the way she demanded Meredith pay attention to her right over a severely injured patient was bad.     The next season Lexi was a much better written character.  I really was pulling for the Lexie/Mark relationship to work out, but it certainly wasn't meant to be. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, skermac said:

I don't care for Teddy when she tries to get closer to Owen, but I like her when doing her normal duties. Also I don't understand why some don't like Lexi, she was one of my favorite characters

Another Lexi fan here!

• Like 4

Another Lexie fan here too!! I loved her, her stuttery, garbled monologues were absolute gold-and Lexie and mark were one of my favourite ever couples on Greys

• Like 3

The show has made me hate Deluca. His constant pursuit of Mere and how he did it was very gross. It made me uncomfortable and I don't understand how in this day and age, any of that is meant to be light and fun. Just stalk and wear the girl down is harassment. It's kinda made me hate Mere too that she eventually said yes. Disgusting.

I hate Maggie too. 

• Like 4

I hate Glasses. And all his other intern friends. Can't even remeber their names.

I find them unlikeable and I am not interested in them at all. Hate when their stories have lots of screen time

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

hate Glasses. And all his other intern friends. Can't even remeber their names.

I hate him and Casey, simply because they included them both to be PC. Either give them proper storylines and make them likeable or don’t bother with them. Casey seemed to have a point when they ran the hacking storyline, but now he’s just there in the background all the time, flying the transgender flag so Shonda can claim to be inclusive

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I hate him and Casey, simply because they included them both to be PC. Either give them proper storylines and make them likeable or don’t bother with them. Casey seemed to have a point when they ran the hacking storyline, but now he’s just there in the background all the time, flying the transgender flag so Shonda can claim to be inclusive

I like Casey because he is the least annoying intern, but yeah, the biggest problem is the show focusing on the exact WRONG interns. Glasses-turned-Contacts is not nearly interesting enough, even before he turned into one half of their first ever male gay doctor couple, yet they keep focusing on him. Roy was absolutely awful and it took them two firings to finally get rid of him, and Intern Amy Schumer is more annoying than Intern Sadie was years back. 

Casey was given some actually good backstory but now he doesn't do anything because the show is insistent on Contacts turning into the main intern to go to for an intern story. Meanwhile, their other intern Qadri (I think her name is) also has nothing to do and Intern Amy Schumer gets so much more attention for no good reason. No, show, I couldn't give two shits about Contacts and his gay storyline or IAS and her incompetence and crush on Meredith. I'd rather get to know Casey and Qadri but the show doesn't seem interested in either of them in favour of not just the other two interns, but also Owen's 10 season long search for his own kid to have, Meredith's bullshit romance with out of character Andrew Deluca, and Bailey's whining about how she's not Chief and how she can't handle her husband firefighter and how she has panic attacks when trapped in an elevator.

At least with Jo's class of interns, they actually were given some legit storylines. This new intern class doesn't get taught anything by any of the other doctors so there's no actual need for them to be actual supporting characters. See: Contacts' awkward coming out scene in the OR where nobody LITERALLY cared because they never share any actual screentime with these interns.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Intern Amy Schumer

This 👆🏻 😂best description of her that I’ve ever heard . Brilliant! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

This 👆🏻 😂best description of her that I’ve ever heard . Brilliant! 

Honestly, I have her that nickname because I didn't know her name. And I still don't care to remember her name. I THINK it's Taryn or something? I dunno, I think I looked it up a couple of times for research purposes but don't actually care to call her anything else now.

• Like 2

Sam Bello is another one in my looong list!

i just never got the point in that storyline and he’s was pretty irritating. DeLuca wasn’t a developed enough character for anyone to care about some girlfriend from his past, it just seemed a completely pointless plot

• Like 3

I hate Glasses. And all his other intern friends. Can't even remeber their names.

By the way, I really, really don't like Glasses (i.e. George Lite).....and I am pretty sure that he and his friend (whose name I cant even bother to learn) are basically doomed to die in the season finale

Edited by AriAu · Reason: Added snark
  • Like 5

On 2/16/2019 at 5:02 PM, Tallulah7606 said:

Another Lexie fan here too!! I loved her, her stuttery, garbled monologues were absolute gold-and Lexie and mark were one of my favourite ever couples on Greys

I loved her monologues. I think that’s where they’re going for with Maggie but it only ever serves to remind the audience what a poor, poor replacement she was for Lexi.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, AriAu said:

By the way, I really, really don't like Glasses (i.e. George Lite).....and I am pretty sure that he and his friend (whose name I cant even bother to learn) are basically doomed to die in the season finale

That's never ever gonna happen. Contacts and his boyfriend are here to stay. Krista Vernoff loves them. They are her favs, she said as much in an interview. Is it bad that I wouldn't mind an untimely death for them? I don't care about them whatsoever and the fact that they get more screentime than some regulars (Alex and Jo in particular) makes me actually hate them.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Rewatching season 14, and I have to add nurse Olivia! I didn’t mind her too much when she was a quiet nurse, but they brought her back as cocky and arrogant and my god is she making my blood boil!! 

• Like 2

Maggie.  Maggie.  Maggie.  Maggie.  And finally, Maggie.

• Like 6

Owen...and HAOG...and Glasses. 

Previously I would have said Amelia but she has grown on me post-tumor. 

• Like 3

I don't mind HOAG, but I'd like a helicopter to fall on Glasses.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Schmitt, Maggie, Teddy, Owen and HOAG could all leave the show and it would be much better, but since they are pet characters of the writers. They are never leaving unless the actors want to leave. Which seems to be HOAG since he said in a recent interview his new Netflix show will be eating up his schedule a lot the next year. 

• Like 2

I hate many characters but for today I’ll say Catherine. I think it’s my hate of Debbie Allen because the majority of characters she plays are exactly the same (I’m talking to you, Hondo’s Mom in SWAT-man that was a bummer when she showed up.)

I think it’s her condescending voice and attitude. Can’t stand it. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't mind HOAG, but I'd like a helicopter to fall on Glasses.

I might be being a bit thick here, but who in the world is HOAG!?

56 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I might be being a bit thick here, but who in the world is HOAG!?

Hot Ortho Asian Guy.  I have no idea what his name is and I suspect I’m not the only one.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Hot Ortho Asian Guy.  I have no idea what his name is and I suspect I’m not the only one.

Thank you! 😂 

At least temporarily I’d like to add Jo to my list. If she doesn’t stop with this self indulgent, self pitying spiral and treating Alex like crap, and may just become my most hated character of all time. She’s turning her mothers trauma into her own and wallowing in it. Which doesn’t make sense because she’s coped with much worse in her own life.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

At least temporarily I’d like to add Jo to my list. If she doesn’t stop with this self indulgent, self pitying spiral and treating Alex like crap, and may just become my most hated character of all time. She’s turning her mothers trauma into her own and wallowing in it. Which doesn’t make sense because she’s coped with much worse in her own life.

Very true, even when she just told Meredith: "Do you see his face when you in look in the mirror? A reminder of you are a product of rape." I wanted to go: "How? We never saw a picture of him and guess what, sometimes people have mixture of genes so sometimes you only see similarities like eyes or hair features." You are a FUCKING doctor! You know these things. The writers have tried to make us feel for Jo, instead they are thinking that if she emulates what her birth mother went through, we will understand. Instead of comes across as horrible writing and acting. Meredith said it best: "We go to Bailey, get you needed time off, right help and then you tell Alex, because he needs to know." What everyone has been shouting since the aftermath episode. 

I still add Levi Schmitt to that, him showing up on Station 19 to give the flowers that were originally intended to Vic for Ripley's proposal. The way it was both written and acted it came across as: "You are the WRONG person to do this with a woman grieving over the death of a man she might have married." 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, readster said:

Very true, even when she just told Meredith: "Do you see his face when you in look in the mirror? A reminder of you are a product of rape." I wanted to go: "How? We never saw a picture of him and guess what, sometimes people have mixture of genes so sometimes you only see similarities like eyes or hair features." You are a FUCKING doctor! You know these things.

Jo being so certain she has the face of a rapist and that being one of the things that made her spiral into depression also made little sense, because her mother told her outright that she doesn't look like him. Jo asked and her mother said NO. What she said is that Jo has her (Vicki's) father's eyes, plus Vicki's own hair and fire in the belly. That's why I found this so unnecessarily dramatic of Jo. I can get behind the other things she said, but not this. And I absolutely agree, she should have talked to Alex weeks ago. We didn't even get an explanation why she didn't.

• Like 3

I hate DeLuca because he's acting so stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I hate DeLuca because he's acting so stupid.

He has been acting stupid since day 1. Here he has gone to new levels. I remember when Sam, his ex had to leave since ICE was ready to deport her back to Ecuador and he spent 4 episodes sleeping on Meredith's couch with: "I just can't." Yeah, the hospital would have been: "You need to move on because if you can't, your ass is fired!"

• Like 3