Type keyword(s) to search

Hear them sing! Songs and voices on Glee

Or she requested both.  I have no idea why it is questionable to take what she said in USA Today at face value.  

Also I had seen the Comic Con and I wasn't debating that she said that back then.  I was simply pointing out that she added to it with what she said in USA Today.   

Edited by camussie

I don't think she requested both, but maybe you're right maybe you're not.  It's not like media doesn't frame quotes and questions in sometimes incorrect ways, or people's recollections are incorrect sometimes.  Posters are just pointing out she didn't say that originally, which given the time period the original statement was made is likely the more accurate statement.

I mean I don't necessarily remember details of conversations I've had with my boss from over 2 years ago.  And the Nationals episode would have been much fresher in her mind at Comic Con a couple years ago.

Edited by dizzyizzy01
  • Love 1
(edited)
Or she requested both.  I have no idea why it is questionable to take what she said in USA Today at face value.

At the time when in the interview  Lea said she requested "To love you more" and got "It's all coming back to me",it  was a cute funny story.

It's irrelevant whether she eventually requested both over the course of Glee, she very well  might  have.  Unless we think she was deliberately lying when she set up that anecdote as to the "wrong" Celine Dion song she sang,  she specifically made a point that she was given the wrong song at the time..  Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

Sorry but it seemed to me you weren't so much adding to what Tom87 said, but trying to refute what he said.   I don't think Lea was lying when she told that story, we can all agree to disagree.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

I didn't say she was lying when she told that story. On the other hand I don't think she was mis-remembering when she said she requested to sing "Its all coming back to me now" either.   I am taking what she said both times at face value.

Edited by camussie

The more I have thought about it, the more I like that the show ended with 'I Lived' and not DSB. While DSB is the show's anthem, I think do have done it would not have paid tribute to the show properly because it would have emphasised Finn/Cory's absence. I think they maybe knew they wouldn't top what they had done and so left it alone. While 'I Lived' is not the best song ever, it was done more in the style of Season 1/2 group numbers. So for that, I appreciate it and I am happy with where DSB ended.

That said, 'I Lived' didn't have enought Naya Rivera but had less Blaine. I will settle, but I'm just saying....

• Love 1

I actually don't mind country too much depending on the song. And yes the show did basically themselves out about not really doing country songs when they had Sam use it as his first "whiteboard lesson". Fun fact: when Sam says they'll be doing country and Spencer yells out, that he wants to do "She Thinks My Tractors Sexy", that is actually a song that Chord's dad wrote. His father is actually a pretty big deal in the country business. He also wrote the Randy Travis hit, "Forever and Ever Amen" and "When you Say Nothing At All". 

That's so cool! I didn't know Chord's dad wrote that many hit country songs! 

The more I have thought about it, the more I like that the show ended with 'I Lived' and not DSB. While DSB is the show's anthem, I think do have done it would not have paid tribute to the show properly because it would have emphasised Finn/Cory's absence. I think they maybe knew they wouldn't top what they had done and so left it alone. While 'I Lived' is not the best song ever, it was done more in the style of Season 1/2 group numbers. So for that, I appreciate it and I am happy with where DSB ended.

That said, 'I Lived' didn't have enought Naya Rivera but had less Blaine. I will settle, but I'm just saying....

I also think they kind of shot themselves in the foot with 2009, in the sense that nothing they could've pulled out would've topped seeing the original DSB. I think Cory's abscene would've been felt no matter what they did, but especially after putting that in the first hour.

I Lived as a song I could've dealt with, if we'd gotten all the originals on a line, or at least all the original 5 (didn't Roderick get a line? And not Tina? I like him but what the hell?). Considering who they had singing primarily, it reminded me how much the show became the Rachel and the Penis Parade Show (with one WOC backing it up to avoid totally lacking diversity). I dunno, it goes back to what the show is for me, personally at least, and for me it's about the relationship between that original group of kids. Focusing mostly on a few was going to kill it a little for me.

I Lived as a song I could've dealt with, if we'd gotten all the originals on a line, or at least all the original 5 (didn't Roderick get a line? And not Tina? I like him but what the hell?). Considering who they had singing primarily, it reminded me how much the show became the Rachel and the Penis Parade Show (with one WOC backing it up to avoid totally lacking diversity). I dunno, it goes back to what the show is for me, personally at least, and for me it's about the relationship between that original group of kids. Focusing mostly on a few was going to kill it a little for me.

I like I Lived but I very rarely listened to it for all the reasons you've mentioned. But I love watching it, think I just delude my self into thinking everybody is singing, also I get caught up watching all the little moments between people too.

• Love 1

Despite how much of a mess I Lived is, I did enjoy it, if only because barring a few exceptions, they got back everyone for it. And, as with many of the better performances on this show, there just seemed to be a genuine sense of joy that shone through from the cast. Granted, that joy may have been a "Free at last!" type of joy, but whatever, I thought it was fun.

• Love 2

I guess this would be a unpopular opinion I'm not a huge fan of this song cover. It's nice but I doubt even think it's the best Adele cover the show ever dod. I much prefer Rachel and Jesse's Rolling in the Deep from season 2. Maybe that's because Lea and Jon are my two favorite voices on the show

I actually prefer River Deep Mountain High as a Santana/Mercedes duet. Part of it was I really disliked a lot of the story leading up to it. I hated the troubletone story.

• Love 2

I never understood the hype of the Adele mashup and still don't get the hype. My favourite mashups tend to be the songs that fit seemlesslessly together and actually sound like one song, something like You And I/You And I did very well or I Love New York/New York New York. The Adele mashup it is very clear where one song ends and the other begins. They are not seamless transitions to my ears.

I found it interesting that Billboard pointed this out as an aside in an article:

The cast of Fox's Glee not placing among the top 100 artists when Billboard recently tabulated the Greatest of All Time charts. The act boasts the most Hot 100 hits – 207 – but since most of its entries spent a mere week on the chart, it didn't total enough points to place in the top 100, ranking below many acts with fewer hits, but many of which both peaked higher and stayed on the chart much longer.

While it's still kinda dubious that they technically have the most songs charting, it's good to see that all the short-lived runs combined still can't get them in the T100 songs artists list.

Glee charted significantly only for the first 3 years , and even then they had less than a handful of songs that went platinum or even gold, so it's hardly surprising they didn't make the cut.

Edited by caracas1914