Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Mommie Dearest

Grace enlists Chanel’s help to learn more about KKT’s past, and ends up realizing she might not be so different from her nemesis after all. Dean Munsch goes “psycho” when she becomes the latest target of the Red Devils. Meanwhile, Denise becomes the new house mother of Kappa House and a shocking figure from the past returns.

My god, this show is frustrating. For every moment of brilliance, there are like twelve steps back.

It's an uneven show, sometimes it can be fun and entertaining and other times it can miss the mark.

• Love 2

Denise's return, her embracing her inner Chanel complete with a new wardrobe, AND threatening to take Chad away from Chanel#1 ( and her knowing/realizing that she could do it too!) were the highlights.

It probably would be better in my imagination but after all the talk, I'd love to see Chad and Denise get their flirt on just a little bit. By season end I'd love seeing him willingly and happily be a better boyfriend to DeniseChanel than Chanel#1.

Oliver Hudson being game to play his frat boy self in the flashback was gold. Grace freaking out on her dad over and over again....kinda want her to get Red Deviled.

• Love 5

My god when That Deplorable Fucking Bitch Chanel came at Grace with those unfounded accusations she's lucky Grace didn't knock her the Fuck out. I'm wondering if Grace and Pete are the Babies in the pic? I'm so tired of seeing the other Chanels letting Chanel No 1 treat them like that. Loved Dean Munsch kicking some ass and Wes is a bad father if he lets loony FINACE get Grace committed. She isn't even acting crazy!

Denise's return, her embracing her inner Chanel complete with a new wardrobe, AND threatening to take Chad away from Chanel#1 ( and her knowing/realizing that she could do it too!) were the highlights.

It probably would be better in my imagination but after all the talk, I'd love to see Chad and Denise get their flirt on just a little bit. By season end I'd love seeing him willingly and happily be a better boyfriend to DeniseChanel than Chanel#1.

Oliver Hudson being game to play his frat boy self in the flashback was gold. Grace freaking out on her dad over and over again....kinda want her to get Red Deviled.

Nah sorry Chanel 1 and Chad deserve to be Killed.

• Love 1

Denise always livens up a scene.

• Love 3

Denise asked Chanel #5 why she was the same size as a 40 year old woman and I laughed. Because no matter how much weight Niecy Nash actually loses, she'll always be Officer Raineesha Williams of the big ole ass and imagining Chanel #5 being her size is hilarious.

• Love 10

Denise asked Chanel #5 why she was the same size as a 40 year old woman and I laughed. Because no matter how much weight Niecy Nash actually loses, she'll always be Officer Raineesha Williams of the big ole ass and imagining Chanel #5 being her size is hilarious.

Neicy hasn't lost weight. She wore a huge fake prosthetic ass on Reno 911.

I liked this episode. It wasn't as fast or fun as some of the others, but we found some new things out. We know who one of the Red Devil Killers is, and we know Gigi is in league with him, and we know Dean Munsch surprisingly has nothing to do with it.

• Love 3

Yeah we got some real movement on the story.   I agree not as funny as some and still to much Grace, but less Pete so it evened out a bit.

I knew Jennifer was gonna get it this week.

Wicks up and rip Jennifer.

• Love 2

In my mind Denise and Raineesha are sisters .  Neicy Nash was gold this episode. Like she legit had me crying from laughing so hard. I hope she get some awards love.

So Gigi was Justice Scalia with Boone being a Red Devil and my theory is Chanel 3 as the other. She and Boone are the boy and girl babies.  

Jennifer's death was so creepy and funny at the same time. Or maybe i'm sick for laughing at that 

Edited by Whitley Trillbert
  • Love 2

There's only 4 more episodes? Is that until the end of the season, or the end of the fall season?

End of the season it was always meant to be a short season of 13 episodes.

The last week they will show two episodes so really 5 hours left.

Edited by tom87

This show is hilarious. I think it is comedy gold that hides in a horror story. I mean come on...How many directors have tried over the years to get JLC to do Pycho shower scene and then to have it turn to a three on one fight scene. The whole thing from start to finish was pure comedy bordering on a Monty Python sketch.

Poor Candle Blogger. At least she died while doing what she loves though.

My money is on Chanel 1 being bathtub baby.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Loved Jamie Lee Curtis pays homage to "Psycho" AND to her mother, Janet Leigh, in the original 1960 movie.  I howled when she was beating the devil up, and said, "I saw that movie 50 times". I LOVE the campiness of this little gem of a show!

Also Chanel's pink dress with the pink snake on it was to DIE for!

• Love 11

Liked the homage to Psycho and liked learning a bit more about Chanel and Grace's mothers respectively.

I also liked seeing Denise taking Chanel down a peg or two as well and Gigi's mask slipping a little and even Boone at the end with the least convincing disguise going.

That being said, not enough Chad, the humour still continues to be a bit too forced and the sooner one of Chanel's idiot minions is killed, the better to be honest.

Not sure I want to sit through the remaining five episodes of this, 6/10

I LOVE the campiness of this little gem of a show!

Camp! That was the word I was looking for. This show is pure camp that masks itself like a little red devil in horror but what it really is is a campy comedy. I think my favorite was the 911 message.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Boone as "Wakeen Phoenix" (or however he spelled it) cracked me up.  A fun episode in general, thanks to: that Psycho homage flying off into directions completely unexpected; plenty of Denise Hemphill, who even got to change clothes; actual movement on the mystery; Ollie Hudson as Teen Wes; JLC kicking Killer Scalia's ass; and, to my surprise, Emma Roberts.  I don't like Chanel, but I love how much Roberts seems to relish insulting her co-stars, in the name of screwball comedy.

• Love 4

I loved Enteral Flame at Jennifers memorial.

Haha Grace's mom was the soreity sister who let a girl die in a bathtub. I wish Chanel didn't apologize Grace has been insufferable and I'm glad she found out the truth who her mom was.

• Love 4

I'm beginning to not care about the identity of the tub baby(ies). Were Wes and the 'Waterfalls' chick ever married? I can't remember if they said. I always assumed they were. What do we know about Tub Mom?

RIP Candle Jennifer. 

So who was the RD that got Boone out of the morgue? Since Gigi wears a different disguise I assume it wasn't her. I'm guessing tonight was her first time in 'uniform' and probably helps organize things. The Chanels seem too small and waifish to be the other RD. I could buy Dean being one of them since she's tall so I'll go with Chad or Pete. 

Were Wes and the 'Waterfalls' chick ever married?

I don't recall marriage being mentioned by the Dean.  Just her tryst with Wes the night the tub baby(s) were born, and the resulting blessed event 9 months later. 'Waterfalls chick's name was revealed to be Sophia Doyle who later changed her name to Mulligan.

Clean House days

"Take off your blindfold and OPEN your eyes!  Loved her!

Has anyone noticed that in the last couple of episodes, #3 has been touching her earmuffs at a pivotal point as if someone is listening/talking to her through them?

Ooh, nice catch.

Has anyone noticed that in the last couple of episodes, #3 has been touching her earmuffs at a pivotal point as if someone is listening/talking to her through them?

I haven't, but now that you mention it, I will definitely be looking for it. It would make a lot of sense if she was listening to someone, probably Gigi.

For a mere $1200, it's 40% off. ;) http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/products/1011134You know the wardrobe person has a blast with this show. Heck, I almost tune only to see what they're going to wear. lol

Well hell, I'll buy two at that price, I love a sale.

• Love 3

I'm still eh on this show. I don't think I will ever be like, best show ever. But whatever. I want Chanel's dress though. That was awesome. And then I found out it was a lot of money so I was like, nevermind.

JLC is made of win, though. I really hope the next installment of this series, Ryan keeps her around, because she really is giving her all and more to this mess of a show at times.

• Love 1

Those who pill together, kill together.

I don't know what brand your G-string is, but it feels like angels are flossing my buttcrack.

Your underwear is probably thankful to be in contact with actual human genitals.

This episode needed less Grace and more Chad, but God I love this show.

• Love 2

Boone as "Wakeen Phoenix" (or however he spelled it) cracked me up.

Wakeen Feenix! That was great.

I, too, loved the snake dress.

I don't find Grace as boring/objectionable as most people do, but the way the actress pronounces words ending in "ing" (with a "k," like "thinkink") is really distracting me. I believe it's an acting technique to make words sound crisper and more intelligible, but most actors don't make it that obvious.

Wakeen Feenix! That was great.

I, too, loved the snake dress.

I don't find Grace as boring/objectionable as most people do, but the way the actress pronounces words ending in "ing" (with a "k," like "thinkink") is really distracting me. I believe it's an acting technique to make words sound crisper and more intelligible, but most actors don't make it that obvious.

The 'ing" was really bothersome last night. 

I think my boredom with Grace is that she has been heavily featured in two episodes in a row now.  And tbh her few "comedic" lines have fallen flat.  

• Love 1

Anything else think Jennifer's death tableau was an homage to "Creepshow"? That movie has a big reveal of a head on a platter piled high with cake frosting, looked a lot like her waxy buildup.

It is, the's a lot of horror movie references in this show.

• Love 1

I loved Enteral Flame at Jennifers memorial.

Haha Grace's mom was the soreity sister who let a girl die in a bathtub. I wish Chanel didn't apologize Grace has been insufferable and I'm glad she found out the truth who her mom was.

Lol CHANEL is insufferable. How she hasnt been killed is a Mystery. She's so annoying all she does is insult others and is a fucking Bitch

• Love 2

Lol CHANEL is insufferable. How she hasnt been killed is a Mystery. She's so annoying all she does is insult others and is a fucking Bitch

I think all of the characters should be killed on this show. Except for JLC, Nick Jonas, and Glen Powell. Because that's a show I would watch. But sadly, Grace, nor Chanel will be killed. I believe those two are our leading ladies. And no one that important has been killed, mostly secondary characters.

We get it, you think Chanel is a bitch. Find another way to describe her, please.

• Love 4

As far as I'm concerned, the show is over if they kill Chanel. For me, she is the show.

JLC was the MVP this episode, though. Her entire sequence was perfect.

Denise was killing it in her Chanel-inspired outfit. Loved it.

• Love 2

I am starting to think Hester has to have more to the story.   She has to be girl baby or  a twist somehow.

I actual think Chanel has soften some.   But most of them are bitchy I can't get my panties that much in a wad over  it like some.    

That said I hope less Grace next week more #3 and Hester for a change. 

Edited by pete
  • Love 2

I mean, I don't care for any of these characters really. Except, for maybe, Chad. But no point in getting THAT upset over it, this show means nothing. I'm sorry, I just see it for what it is, mindless fun.  I don't see it trying to be groundbreaking or changing the world or something. It is what it is. I will admit though, the fact  is, our main character Grace is just kind of boring and her love interest and her are so.. boring together.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more going on with Hester. For a few episodes now, she's been more background noise than anything else, which I was finding odd. 

• Love 1

Who the hell gets into a shower and then turns it on? Man the Dean must have awesome hot water on demand.

The whole GPA talk was also weird. First semester isn't over, the college is closed, and Grace has been in danger form a serial killer for most the semester. A 1.4 isn't worth committing someone over in this, or really any, situation. (And my god were Gigi's pants hideous this episode!)

ETA: Lol-- and now a character in American Horror Story Hotel just got into a shower without turning it on, too. Does Ryan Murphy not know how showers work?

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 4