Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Dirty Laundry

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I agree with you for the most part but I did kinda liked Jennice.  Kelley was really crappy to her.  The sister/brother relationship really creeped me out and was one of the reasons why I didn't like Amy.  I do give credit to Amy for learning a lot from her first season.  It seemed she wasn't going to make the same mistakes twice - and thank God Kelley was gone.  Never got his supposed 'hotness'. 

He was emotionally stunted, that's for sure.

I do think he cared about her but then once she got dumped, she became this big ball of need.  I mean, she was basically trying to get them to move in together.after the cruise.  I think that scared him off (rightfully so).

Down to Fuck. tm Jersey Shore.

The ever classy, Carlton, from RH Beverly Hills also purchased a t-shirt emblazoned with DTF.  And then creepily, explained to her mother in law what it stood for.  She actually leaned into her MIL's face and over-enunciated:   "Dowwwn to fuuuuck."  Shudder.  And this was after she modeled a thong bikini in the same shop.  For her MIL.  Creepy.

• Love 3

Finally saw this episode. Sooooooooooo, yeah.

Rocky: I'm not going to blame her for getting emotionally invested in someone she was have sex with (having, as in multiple times. Not had once). Sex is emotional for some people. I think it's kind of crappy to hold men or women to some sort of Cool Girl/Amazing Amy standard about never being emotionally involved with sex until you're practically living together or somethings. So the fact the Ricky thought she was in some sort of relationship with someone who kept having sex with her seems pretty normal to me. Not normal for everyone, but within the range of things people who are normal sometimes feel. However, confiding in Emile was a purely drama queen-I need male attention-try to make Eddie jealous move. Which is petty and mean and uses Emilie without any regards to his feeling. I also doubt Rocky ever thought that Eddie had broken up with his girlfriend, she just didn't care. Which...she doesn't have to, it's not her commitment, but I'm not going to give her a prize for it either. And if it were her boyfriend I'm sure she would have less than warm feelings for the woman that slept with him knowing he had a girlfriend.

Eddie: shut up. You cheated, and no amount of blaming Ricky will change that. And if you thought she was getting the wrong impression that you should have stopped fucking her! God, I hate it when people do that! "Why doesn't X get that we're just friends?" "Because you keep having sex with X." It is one of my top ten pet peeves when someone acts like it's crazy that the person they are having sex with thinks they're into them. Eddie is an asshole.

Ben and Kate plus their children in a Hong Kong boarding school are everything.

• Love 2
On 11/11/2015 at 10:43 AM, bosawks said:

Eddie channeling his inner Clinton is cracking me up.

He really should've looked straight at the camera and said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Late to the party, but just watching the Dock-toberfest marathon.

Eddie attempted not only to deny, deny, deny, but was also guilty of gaslighting worthy of the movie by the same name (Clinton attempted the same move and would have succeeded if not for that dress, so it's good that Rocky preserved evidence on her phone to prove his guilt and her sanity).  Rocky's distress was real, because it messes with your mind to be treated like you're literally crazy when you're telling the truth.

Trying to impugn another by making their coworkers believe that she's not just "Crazy Rocky," but is literally psychotic and hallucinating is both crazy AND evil.

As for all the Rocky hate, I thought she turned it around and embraced laundry duty for most of the charter, and not just after hours.  That said, she really does belong in show biz...

Final thought: does it never occur to Captain Lee that the common denominator in all this third stew drama that repeats show after show and season after season is his little darling kiddo Kate Chastine?

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Late to the party, but just watching the Dock-toberfest marathon.

Eddie attempted not only to deny, deny, deny, but was also guilty of gaslighting worthy of the movie by the same name (Clinton attempted the same move and would have succeeded if not for that dress, so it's good that Rocky preserved evidence on her phone to prove his guilt and her sanity).  Rocky's distress was real, because it messes with your mind to be treated like you're literally crazy when you're telling the truth.

Trying to impugn another by making their coworkers believe that she's not just "Crazy Rocky," but is literally psychotic and hallucinating is both crazy AND evil.

As for all the Rocky hate, I thought she turned it around and embraced laundry duty for most of the charter, and not just after hours.  That said, she really does belong in show biz...

Final thought: does it never occur to Captain Lee that the common denominator in all this third stew drama that repeats show after show and season after season is his little darling kiddo Kate Chastine?

Eddie was using Rocky to get back at his girlfriend — that was not his finest moment, and it was really disappointing how he tried to make it out that it was all on her, when he clearly instigated it.

To be honest, Rocky did not have the best attitude, and was often in the middle of the Kate/Leon fights, egging Leon on. That’s close to being (if not being) insubordinate. I think part of it was a lack of maturity — see jumping off the boat because your friend left — and a resistance to being told what to do.

I think production deliberately fills the third stew position with someone who’s either totally green, or a problem. Kate does not suffer fools gladly.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2021 at 5:11 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Eddie was using Rocky to get back at his girlfriend — that was not his finest moment, and it was really disappointing how he tried to make it out that it was all on her, when he clearly instigated it.

He didn't just blame her for it.  He denied that it even happened in an effort to make her look like a liar or delusional - if not actually insane - and he did it because he feared for his career.  That's a qualitative difference from merely "putting it on her."  Eddie lacks honestly, integrity, ethics, and character, yet he's become ANOTHER of Captain Lee's favored little pets along with the often vindictive and unprofessional Kate, who is "like a daughter" to him; neither can do any wrong in Lee's eyes.  I'm sorry to conclude that he lacks objectivity and good judgement in this area...

Edited by all4mom2