Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Dirty Laundry

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I always do a wet brine and then smoke it, but I don't use a lot of water. I start out with a cider and molasses base and use a bunch of fresh herbs. I then do a dry rub before smoking it apples, garlic, more herbs, and onions in the cavity. I use a combo of apple and cherry wood for the smoke. One year I took orders and smoked a bunch for coworkers.

Damn, Lady. Speechless with admiration.
  • Love 2

I do think it's remarkably shitty of him to capitalize on Rocky's reputation for insanity to gaslight the hell out of her and feign total innocence. She certainly seems to have read far more into their hookups than was actually there, and I get that he's embarrassed both by her behavior and his own; but he doesn't get to paint her as the instigator and a fool just because he wants to save face.

Ah.  Exactly what I was trying to say.  With 90% fewer words.  : )

• Love 5

I always do a wet brine and then smoke it, but I don't use a lot of water. I start out with a cider and molasses base and use a bunch of fresh herbs. I then do a dry rub before smoking it apples, garlic, more herbs, and onions in the cavity. I use a combo of apple and cherry wood for the smoke. One year I took orders and smoked a bunch for coworkers.

Damn, Lady. Speechless with admiration.

Me too! I'm thinking of smoking one this year for the first time. Would you mind sharing the link and/or a few more details, please? In the small talk thread, of course. ;)

On topic: I really giggled at Amy's sayings clip. She seemed so cute! I like Connie, too. I also enjoy Ben and Kate bickering. Eddie blew it for me, though.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 2

[snip]  but I don't get that same sense of malice from her I do from Eddie. YMMV, of course.

Agreed.  He's that guy that, hopefully, gets a big plate of karma served up to his Pillsbury Doughboy ass.  And I'm not impressed with his girlfriend's cheating, vocal frying ass either.  Like attracts like.

• Love 6

Amy probably has to be one of my favorite people to ever appear on reality TV. I can't imagine it's all just favorable editing. She'd be a great chief stew someday.

I have done a complete 180 on Amy. While I admired her work ethic last year I really did not like her.She butted into her brother and Jenice's business, she butted into private conversations between Kat and Kate. It seemed like she and her brother were the crying whine siblings. Kate was hard on her when it came to shutting her down when Amy was always wanting to discuss things at the wrong time. You do your job first.

I really have come to like her. She seems to be one of those few reality stars that sees themselves on screen, does some reflecting on how they could be better then makes those adjustments. I don't think Rocky would ever do some self reflection. I'm glad Kate didn't feel she should apologize to Amy on WWHL about how she treated Amy last season and I was impressed that Amy accepted it and fully understood where she was coming from. I guess Rocky and Leon opened her eyes.

Kate and Amy seemed to have worked it out. I don't think they are besties but you do see photos of them together with Connie after the season. Funny you really don't see anyone in contact with Rocky save Leon.

edited for clarity

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11

I am really not a fan of cheating, and I don't like Eddie for doing it, but it's also possible that the "you cheated on me!" conversation with girlfriend Amy took place AFTER/during the Rocky hookups.  A little defensiveness on his part, perhaps.  I never trust timelines.  

Regardless, just because he (may have) sent the first text message doesn't mean that Rocky wasn't the instigator of their getting together.  It's just as likely that she was flashing him, grabbing him, throwing herself at him, and his response was the "you shouldn't go to bed so early!" text, indicating that he would take her up on her offer.  That text was too awkward to just come out of nowhere.  It seemed to be part of a larger conversation (whether in text or real life form).  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 10

I always do a wet brine and then smoke it, but I don't use a lot of water.  I start out with a cider and molasses base and use a bunch of fresh herbs.  I then do a dry rub before smoking it apples, garlic, more herbs, and onions in the cavity.  I use a combo of apple and cherry wood for the smoke.  One year I took orders and smoked a bunch for coworkers.

What's your address? My boyfriend and I are coming for Thanksgiving. I'll bring desserts, fresh cranberry relish and appetizers.;-D

• Love 5

Thank you both!  I hate that I have to ask to get this additional information that hearing people have online, but the powers that be are too cheap to caption things like clips so I have to rely upon the altruism of others.

You can ask any time. We all can help. :-)

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

Yep! I KNEW the minute Rocky told Amy, "it was mind-blowing, I wanna marry this guy" I thought, "ahh, there it is! To Eddie, it was a fling, to Rocky, it was a relationship. Even "cool, crazy" (sarcasm 101) chicks still equate sex with love. *sigh*

I feel like most of us should know better but, and this saying is crass "Never poke in fun what someone might take seriously!"

• Love 1

So was Emile falling over the edge (when he was trying to get on the little ship) the clip they have kept playing over and over all season, that looked like a big accident that I've been waiting to see happen?  It seemed like it.  Dang editing monkeys.

• Love 5

So was Emile falling over the edge (when he was trying to get on the little ship) the clip they have kept playing over and over all season, that looked like a big accident that I've been waiting to see happen?  It seemed like it.  Dang editing monkeys.

Yeah! And I thought it was Eddie all season.

• Love 3
I absolutely ADORE [Kate and Ben] "together." I don't mean as a couple, just when they're in the same room and playing off each other. They're just so playful together, all the time, and even (maybe especially) when they're disagreeing on something and frustratedly bickering with each other, it's just so obvious that they're enjoying the hell out of it.  her face just lights up whenever Ben is around. I don't think she can help it. You could almost see the twinkle in her eye and a smile just below the surface.

Me too! I can't stand Ben, but he and Kate are adorable together. You really can see the sparkle in her eyes when they are talking. (Or bickering!)

I do think it's remarkably shitty of him to capitalize on Rocky's reputation for insanity to gaslight the hell out of her and feign total innocence. She certainly seems to have read far more into their hookups than was actually there, and I get that he's embarrassed both by her behavior and his own; but he doesn't get to paint her as the instigator and a fool just because he wants to save face.

Yes, this. I think his behavior is despicable and shows bad character underneath what a lot of people though of as a "good guy" façade.

I also hate that he calls his penis Eduardo!!!

• Love 6

I am not, I think it's very tongue in cheek both he and the first mate were smiling.

I don't think Connie owes Emile an apology. He was acting like a whiny little bitch ignoring Dave, Eddie and her when they were trying to help him at various times after he heard about Rocky and Eddie. Connie was not acting like a whore.

Connie owe Emile an apology?  For what? 

Just speculating, but it looks like Eddie left early, for whatever reason, and Connie gets some kind of promotion.

• Love 1

Connie owe Emile an apology?  For what? 

Just speculating, but it looks like Eddie left early, for whatever reason, and Connie gets some kind of promotion.

Someone said that Connie owed him an apology for calling him a little bitch.

So was Emile falling over the edge (when he was trying to get on the little ship) the clip they have kept playing over and over all season, that looked like a big accident that I've been waiting to see happen?  It seemed like it.  Dang editing monkeys.

I know, but watching it a couple of times, he really could have been seriously hurt.  Glad he wasn't hurt!  

• Love 1

So was Emile falling over the edge (when he was trying to get on the little ship) the clip they have kept playing over and over all season, that looked like a big accident that I've been waiting to see happen? It seemed like it. Dang editing monkeys.

TLC and bravo love to use the most mundane scenes as a teaser of something big happening, only to find out it was absolutely nothing. I actually forgot about that in the preview. Just like when Rocky went overboard, while tha actually was pretty outrageous I think they made it seem like a bigger deal in the preview than it really was, mostly because the way Eddie says "Rocky just jumped overboard" he sounds a little panicked while she basically just went for a little swim.

As far as Emile and Connie, in my hood if you don't want to be called a little bitch, you don't act like a little bitch.

While I'm on Emile, I do actually like the fact that he is so loyal to his friends, that's a good quality to have, but he is so blindly loyal that he doesn't see when that person is actually in the wrong.

• Love 5

Emile is a silly boy. That said, I think he's harmless and probably a nice person. He's an immature 23 yr old. Here's my theory: he grew up good looking and shy. I knew a girl that, because of her shyness, people thought she was aloof. Because she was beautiful, people assumed she was stuck up and most certainly had a boyfriend. Truth is, because she was judged like that and too shy to correct them, she never had a boyfriend until after college. She was the nicest person but had no experience with men. At 22 she had absolutely no game. That's how I feel about Emile.

He embarrassed himself with Rocky and was hurt when she told him about Eddie. Then, shellshocked, he lashed out at Connie because she was acting like a "little bitch". A couple episodes ago she called him "pretty stupid". It's possible that she's that person that likes to name call and/or dog people behind their back. Maybe she's called him names more than the two times we've seen and he snapped. Him calling her a whore was out of line and he looked and sounded embarrassed as soon as he said it. Like it was out of character. Like a child, he couldn't wait to apologize because he knew he'd done something wrong.

The only thing wrong with Emile from where I sit, is he's a little immature, inexperienced and too eager to please. He'll get with the program. My hope is that once he gets a few notches on his belt he doesn't turn into a total dirt bag like Eddie.

• Love 5

I'm amazed Bravo has given so much screen time to Amy. She consistently does her job really well and tries her best to skirt whatever drama is happening. Her focus is the guests having fun. If not for the Goofus/Gallant comparison (google that if you never saw Highlights as a child, they're even more fun now) going on there with Rocky, there is no reason she would ever be shown. 

Edited by ComfySweater
  • Love 6

I do believe, Amy is the only reality 'star' that I've ever truly liked from the git and continued to do so. I'll admit I have very, very judgey eyes when it comes to Bravolebrities, giving major side eye to big fan favorites like Holla Heather, Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson.  But for Amy, I got nothin' but respect.  She's a very level headed, kind and sincere person.  Normally I would start a statement like that with, "It appears that she's a very level headed..." etc.  But I don't think it's an appearance.  I believe she just is.  And I've never felt that way about ANY reality star before. In my book they've all got agendas, hidden multiple personalities, fame whoreitis.

I think Amy took this job for the fun of it.  As a life experience.  After this is over, I imagine she'll settle down and live happily ever after without us ever having to see her lady bits or taking part in a drunken rampage.

• Love 14

Whoever said that Kate lights up around Ben is totally right. She even looks prettier. They are too cute together. It's fun to watch. 

I think Emil's a moron but I feel bad for him. Rocky is so using him as a tool, which he is, but it's still sad to be the dullard being manipulated.

Loved seeing  the mermaid routine fall flat. Rocky has SO worn out her welcome. I was through with her the first week.

Still enjoying Leon being gone but I would love to hear more snark about him. Ben had a good jab this week about variety of dishes but I hated him so much, I want to hear him being raked over the coals. He made me uncomfortable watching most of the season. And I love this show! SO glad he's gone.

Eddie's an idiot but I dislike Rocky so much, I don't care. Still love Amy and Cap't and Dave and Kate and Ben! I missed him so I'm glad he's back.

• Love 9

I think it's a big difference between being called a little bitch and a whore.  Emile was being a pain in the ass.  They were working and Connie was trying to get things done.  Emile crossed a line.  And he knew it. 

I did like Amy a lot this season.  But.....I didn't like her last season and I think she learned from that.  Plus her brother wasn't on the boat this season.  Thank you. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
I think Amy took this job for the fun of it.  As a life experience.  After this is over, I imagine she'll settle down and live happily ever after without us ever having to see her lady bits or taking part in a drunken rampage.

I think you're right. They accidentally cast a normal person who is going to do the thing until it doesn't suit her anymore, then she'll fade away gracefully.

• Love 7

I don't know why but this song keeps going through my mind whenever I think of this show:

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, A tale of a fateful trip That started from this tropic port Aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailing man, The skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day For a three hour tour, a three hour tour."

• Love 3

I don't know why but this song keeps going through my mind whenever I think of this show:

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, A tale of a fateful trip That started from this tropic port Aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailing man, The skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day For a three hour tour, a three hour tour."

I sure hope I can get this damn song out of my head before I go to bed.

• Love 3

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Emile calling Connie a whore is way worse than Eddy denying his tryst with Rocky.

But what did Connie do to get called a pretty offensive name, except to try to be a friendly woman who wouldn't have sex with Emile?

Not the only one, I gasped when he popped off with that. I wouldn't have blamed Connie if she backhanded him off the deck instead of disengaging.

Rocky wanted to be fucked.

She pranced around that ship all season long presenting herself in a sexual way, not to mention showing off her ass every moment that she could. First flirting with Emile even emulating being chained and whipped by him, then Eddie, then with Ben leg and ass first I believe), I don't remember about Dane or  "followed like a dog in heat" Don(.   So what are the guys suppose to think except that she is game.

Rocky was on Angry Drunk Dane like a barnacle from the moment he boarded ship. I don't recall her ever actually flirting with Don though, I think that was all on him. Or the steroids he was taking.

Amy probably has to be one of my favorite people to ever appear on reality TV. I can't imagine it's all just favorable editing. She'd be a great chief stew someday.

Amy gets along with everyone this season despite all the clashing personalities everywhere, and all Captain Lee's mentions of her are glowingly complimentary. I think the editors are just showing us what's there in her case.

• Love 2

I thought Connie called Emile "a little bitch" and dogged him about Rocky saying that's why she doesn't want to get with him. And he got all fed up and called her a whore.

In my mind calling someone a bitch or asshole isn't better or more polite than calling them a whore.

• Love 5

all i know is i'm so getting life from an opportunity to dish on stupid Rocky at every turn...that being said, as a mom i guess i do feel a twinge of guilt at my disdain for her, she's SOMEONE'S little daughter but daaaaaayum she annoys me!!!! emile wouldn't have been called a little bitch if he hadn't been moping around all day!!!! connie seems to be a hard working girl...

• Love 1

Well if one is to nit pic Connie's remark was kinda sexist and dicey since she was comparing his (in her opinion) inferior behavior to that of a slur commonly used on a woman and stating that's why another woman wasn't interested in him.

I don't use those types of words in the workplace. I have coworkers who have to each other. I find it very low class even if one angers you or is unprofessional to use that language.

• Love 6

The difference though IMO is that Emile really was acting like a bitch/asshole, whereas Connie was not being/acting like a whore. If Emile really wanted to snap back at her, he could have used a different insult.

I was surprised he used that word.  However, Connie was being kind of a bitch and she's put him down before. He was at the end of his rope.

Also, in South Africa where he's from, perhaps the word 'whore' isn't as insulting as it is in the USA.  I learned here on PTV, that 'c***' is bandied around casually in England, while it's considered very offensive here.  I'll admit, I get a little judgey when I hear people throw it around, so I'd probably not do well in England. LOL

I would never call a woman a 'cow'. But I know a couple Brits that call anybody who they think is stupid a 'cow'.  Words are funny.

• Love 3

I wonder if Rocky tells Eddie's gf about their hookups and that's why he leaves, if he does actually leave.

I didn't like Amy much at all last season..now I feel like re-watching it to find out why. I think a big part was her brother. But I remember not totally thinking Kate was entirely off base about her but now I can't recall anything about what even occurred! (In my defense I normally have a great memory but I was ill and very medicated for 6 months, including during the whole last season so it's all a blur.)

I like Ben and Kate together as well.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

Emile was clearly being really pissy with Connie and the rest of the deck crew before that exchange, so I think her "little bitch" comment was basically just friendly trash talk to get him to check his behavior, though I've no idea if folks in South Africa have the same tradition of that as we do in Redneckistan. But saying that's why Rocky didn't get with him was a bit mean (and hit a very sore spot for him), so I can see it as cause to fire back, though not with the sheer venom that Emile did.

• Love 3

LOL Expecting this crew to be professional by not using words like "bitch" is probably the least of this crew's issues. The rest of the time we've got a bosun hooking up with a nutcase stew in the laundry room and said nutcase diving off the boat in her undies and flapping around in her mermaid tail. Before Ben came along we had a stubbornly arrogant "chef." Then add in Connie smearing her boobs in random condiments (even if she did this when no guests were on board). It doesn't shock me they call each other crude names, I think they've got much larger issues. The only people I would say truly act 100% professional at all times are Amy, Dave, and maybe Kate.

• Love 2

What really upset me in that scene is watching two pissed off deckhands, Connie and Emile, not-too-gently hoist that love seat, up off the deck and onto the fiberglass side of that multi-million dollar yacht. Smacking a leg on the side and then sliding those feet across that pristine fiberglass. (((shudder)))  Possibly didn't cause any damage but nails on a chalkboard to this First Mate.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

I wonder if Rocky tells Eddie's gf about their hookups and that's why he leaves, if he does actually leave.

I didn't like Amy much at all last season..now I feel like re-watching it to find out why. I think a big part was her brother. But I remember not totally thinking Kate was entirely off base about her but now I can't recall anything about what even occurred! (In my defense I normally have a great memory but I was ill and very medicated for 6 months, including during the whole last season so it's all a blur.)

I like Ben and Kate together as well.

Bravo is actually doing a BD marathon today and last year's episodes are being replayed.

For me, my dislike of her was the way she talked to Jenice after her brother was initially snubbed.  For fux sake, she had a boyfriend. I didn't like Jenice at all, particulary after she seemingly got dumped by her boyfriend and then decided that Kelley was "her person."

I think Amy's coddling of Kelley the whole time was strange.  I think Kelley has some major issues stemming from their childhood and she was overprotective.

• Love 1
Emile was clearly being really pissy with Connie and the rest of the deck crew before that exchange, so I think her "little bitch" comment was basically just friendly trash talk to get him to check his behavior

You have a very good point here, actually.  She may have been taking on the kind of banter among guys language that the guys use day to day as deckhands.  Unfortunately, coming from a woman, it just sounded more brutal and personal than the same "no wonder they think you're a bitch" comment coming from a guy, which might not have appeared to carry much malice with it at all.  

• Love 1

If I was going to call anyone on board the "W" word it'd be Ben. He has a very sleazy sounding laugh and rackish glitter his eyes. Plus from the past 2 seasons behavior and his conversations it's clear he enjoys physical flings and casual sex. Something about him reminds me of those men womanizers or gigalos. No judgement. He's happy.

• Love 1

Speaking of Ben, I know he said that Kate would like someone to take care of her, but didn't he also low-key hint that he would like the same? I don't remember the exact words but he wanted someone who would support his creative endeavors. I'm sure he is doing just fine with his health/catering business and chef-yachting on the side, but it definitely sounded like he would be happy to drop one/all of those and marry for money.

Bravo is actually doing a BD marathon today and last year's episodes are being replayed.

For me, my dislike of her was the way she talked to Jenice after her brother was initially snubbed.  For fux sake, she had a boyfriend. I didn't like Jenice at all, particulary after she seemingly got dumped by her boyfriend and then decided that Kelley was "her person."

I think Amy's coddling of Kelley the whole time was strange.  I think Kelley has some major issues stemming from their childhood and she was overprotective.

I agree with you for the most part but I did kinda liked Jennice.  Kelley was really crappy to her.  The sister/brother relationship really creeped me out and was one of the reasons why I didn't like Amy.  I do give credit to Amy for learning a lot from her first season.  It seemed she wasn't going to make the same mistakes twice - and thank God Kelley was gone.  Never got his supposed 'hotness'. 

• Love 2

Speaking of Ben, I know he said that Kate would like someone to take care of her, but didn't he also low-key hint that he would like the same? I don't remember the exact words but he wanted someone who would support his creative endeavors. I'm sure he is doing just fine with his health/catering business and chef-yachting on the side, but it definitely sounded like he would be happy to drop one/all of those and marry for money.

He's reasonably cute, funny, and a stellar cook. There are worse resumes for a trophy spouse.

• Love 1

Both Kate and Ben being gold diggers and social climbers is probably why they get along so well platonically.

• Love 1

It sounded more like he wanted someone to keep the home fires burning (ie: a SAHM-wife) while he concentrated on his career since it has such long hours. JMO

• Love 1

It sounded more like he wanted someone to keep the home fires burning (ie: a SAHM-wife) while he concentrated on his career since it has such long hours. JMO

That could be it too! I honestly couldn't tell if he was just being cheeky and rephrasing the term "trophy wife" into something subtly more masculine, or if he is looking for a real hands-off wife. It was pretty vague and classic Ben.

Actually, I am defending Eddie.  Not that I don't also think that both are responsible for the fall-out from their hookup. But I don't see how Eddie is that big of a dick just for getting involved in this thing and I don't think he has any obligation to publicly acknowledge what happened.  The entire event was slimy on both sides and if he wants to walk away, he can.

In a world where both players were sane, this is exactly what would have happened, similar to the other random one- or two-time sexual encounters between crew members in past seasons.

If Rocky hadn't totally gone off the rails, complete with crowing about her conquest to Emile (because Eddie got her and Emile didn't!) and to Amy (because she got Eddie and Amy didn't!), and continually demanding to be the center of attention, all of this would have been left in the laundry room.

Exactly! Rocky decides to turn this into the Rocky Horror Picture show and Eddie's a douche cause he's thinking denial is the simplest way to deny something he wanted to keep from the others? I mean, sure the cameras are on but the cast doesn't see any of it until they are OFF the boat and he doesn't have to be trapped with drama. Even previous seasons the crews been a bit sloppy but no one's gone all selfish, woe is me over a fucking hook up. She's not mature enough to handle casual sex then she shouldn't do it. Pretending that she actually thought this was going the traditional route of a mutual relationship? That's just her way of garnering sympathy, attention and painting Eddie as a douche.

Now is Eddie a douche cause he cheated on his girlfriend? If he did then Yes he is but that's not what's going on on the ship. Eddie didn't want anyone on the ship in his business. Rocky decided to put their business out there for spite. So you want to start a vengeful back and forth don't be surprised when you get treated badly cause Rocky initiated the negative interaction by berating Eddie and demanding some sort of blind loyalty just because she let him bang her a couple of times. Eddie is guilty of fucking her but the only reason he's acting like a trapped rat is cause she's putting him in a corner sharing information that she knows he doesn't want shared. I get that its messed up that a dude doesn't want to claim you but really? That's the unspoken contract you enter in when you throw you pussy around and slather it all over your top choice without a second thought. Traditional, "Lady, Gentlemen" etiquette really doesn't apply here. Who's anyone trying to kid?   It's like a prostitute expecting to be wined and dined before doing the deed. That's not what happens in that particular arrangement. Hello...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6